Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Feb 12 2014, 01:41 PM) *
One more Hack on the Fly for a second MARK, then drive the point home with a Data Spike.

Ok - for the purposes of the IC post.

1) Are you going to be running silently when you Data Spike? (just to see if the kid or others see that you doing it)
2) Are you still going to be standing on the street, or are you going to be driving away? Remember that all this can be done while in AR, which means you can still have your bike on auto pilot back to the Stuffer Shack.

Just asking so I know if this is on the QT or if you want the teen to know you are doing it.
Jack VII
God I love this. I am giggling at work.
DrZaius
She called a lawyer? Booooo. Who feels like some international kidnapping?
Always Overkill
As much as I would like to give him that proverbial "Slot off, Frag Face!", it would be more Drave's style to keep it subtle, and just do it in AR as they rode off on autopilot.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 12 2014, 03:25 PM) *
She called a lawyer? Booooo. Who feels like some international kidnapping?

Well Grease, do you think you could slip in a couple lines of Novacoke between depositions?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Feb 12 2014, 02:49 PM) *
Well Grease, do you think you could slip in a couple lines of Novacoke between depositions?

Well, screw that I guess. Hmm... the stuff Ramirez gave us didn't possibly have case numbers attached per chance?

ETA: You know, Lobo, I am NOT liking where your thread on the main board is going. indifferent.gif
Lobo0705
Ok - so Hack on the fly another mark

16d6.hits(5)=8

vs his roll

5d6.hits(5)=1

So you have two marks.

Now you start running silent, taking a -2 penalty, and Data Spike

12d6.hits(5)=5

vs his defense

5d6.hits(5)=1

So, your Base DV is 5, plus 1 for Decryption, +2 for Mugger, + 4 for 2 marks, +2 for Mugger, +4 for net hits =18DV

He resists:

5d6.hits(5)=3

Reducing the damage to only 15 DV wink.gif

So, this is well more than the 9 boxes of damage his commlink can take, so you have successfully used your hundreds of thousands of nuyen worth of equipment and your hundreds of karma worth of skills to smash some 14 year olds 700 nuyen.gif Sony Emperor. I hope you sleep well wink.gif

I'll put up the IC post, including you smashing the commlink and having you and Amy arrive at the Stuffer Shack - at which point you can IC from there.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 12 2014, 02:58 PM) *
Reducing the damage to only 15 DV wink.gif

So you're saying it may have been a bit, how should we say... overkill?

QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 12 2014, 02:58 PM) *
So, this is well more than the 9 boxes of damage his commlink can take, so you have successfully used your hundreds of thousands of nuyen worth of equipment and your hundreds of karma worth of skills to smash some 14 year olds 700 nuyen.gif Sony Emperor. I hope you sleep well wink.gif

That'll teach him. biggrin.gif

ETA: Hell yeah, the Dropbox Fairy answered my prayers!
Lobo0705
@Jack,

1) Actually, it did. I didn't actually put it in the Lone Star file thread because before now it wasn't relevant, but he would have included that. The numbers themselves are meaningless, so I just generated random 4 digit case numbers and added it to the file for RP purposes.

2) I don't know what you mean about the thread in the main section of the forum. What would make you assume this would be referring to this campaign? cool.gif
Chrome Head
All right, so the goal will be to have overkill get access to the system using the manager's permissions. I dunno if that'll mean marks or whatever, but you'll be able to inspect all the files you want, edit/delete the ones that we're in, copy the ones from the murder, and so on.

If all goes according to plan smile.gif
DrZaius
So, Jack asked what our play is on Sanders. Here's my opinion (I will try to post IC with these thoughts later)

1) Innocent people don't immediately Lawyer up.
2) She's worried about cops, or someone else.
3) Whatever she knows, it's not just "oh no, my boyfriend got shot". Otherwise, I feel like she'd be more willing to talk to us.

So what do we do?

Plan A: I respond and try to bulldrek my way past the lawyer. I'd give myself 1 chance in 3, but it'd be tough once we actually get in person. I also don't think an interview with her attorney present is goin to be that useful to us.
Plan B: Who knows anyone in the CAS? Particularly someone who could get us a gun?
We sneak in, kidnap her, and interrogate her before cutting her loose.

Options on that:
We can't really get in with weapons. We may be able to get in just by ourselves (although if we commit crimes, we're going to need an exit strategy).

Initial, back of the envelop kidnapping plan:
I break her car overnight. She then needs a taxi to get to work. I provide that taxi, and then we drive her someplace where we can question her.

Thoughts? I think she has information we need; but I'm not sure what other way we're going to get it. Lobo, if you would be willing to offer your opinion on what our characters think our odds of gettin through security at the border is, I'd be interested to know. Additionally, if we could figure out what we think are odds are of getting through the border is after an alert has been raised, or an alert specific to us, that'd be useful to (not that the kidnapping is goin to go wrong- how could it?!)

-DrZ
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 12 2014, 06:31 PM) *
So, Jack asked what our play is on Sanders. Here's my opinion (I will try to post IC with these thoughts later)

1) Innocent people don't immediately Lawyer up.
2) She's worried about cops, or someone else.
3) Whatever she knows, it's not just "oh no, my boyfriend got shot". Otherwise, I feel like she'd be more willing to talk to us.

So what do we do?

Plan A: I respond and try to bulldrek my way past the lawyer. I'd give myself 1 chance in 3, but it'd be tough once we actually get in person. I also don't think an interview with her attorney present is goin to be that useful to us.
Plan B: Who knows anyone in the CAS? Particularly someone who could get us a gun?
We sneak in, kidnap her, and interrogate her before cutting her loose.

Options on that:
We can't really get in with weapons. We may be able to get in just by ourselves (although if we commit crimes, we're going to need an exit strategy).

Initial, back of the envelop kidnapping plan:
I break her car overnight. She then needs a taxi to get to work. I provide that taxi, and then we drive her someplace where we can question her.

Thoughts? I think she has information we need; but I'm not sure what other way we're going to get it. Lobo, if you would be willing to offer your opinion on what our characters think our odds of gettin through security at the border is, I'd be interested to know. Additionally, if we could figure out what we think are odds are of getting through the border is after an alert has been raised, or an alert specific to us, that'd be useful to (not that the kidnapping is goin to go wrong- how could it?!)

-DrZ

I wouldn't attempt anything that dangerous in a different jurisdiction. I wouldn't attempt anything that dangerous without the whole team being involved. I don't feel like the kidnapping is worth the risk. We are still far from having run out of leads in general, given our mission as a whole. If anything is to be attempted, it would have to be done in UCAS territory. I wouldn't risk my life on getting info from her just on the hunch that she knows more than it appears. She might just be relatively insecure or has a rich parent or whatever, hence she got a lawyer right away. I wouldn't jump to conclusions here.

So I'd leave this lead and move on to other things for the time being, or try to bullshit your way to get her to come to us, but that lawyer is trouble.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 12 2014, 07:06 PM) *
I wouldn't attempt anything that dangerous in a different jurisdiction. I wouldn't attempt anything that dangerous without the whole team being involved. I don't feel like the kidnapping is worth the risk. We are still far from having run out of leads in general, given our mission as a whole. If anything is to be attempted, it would have to be done in UCAS territory. I wouldn't risk my life on getting info from her just on the hunch that she knows more than it appears. She might just be relatively insecure or has a rich parent or whatever, hence she got a lawyer right away. I wouldn't jump to conclusions here.

So I'd leave this lead and move on to other things for the time being, or try to bullshit your way to get her to come to us, but that lawyer is trouble.

Well, kidnapping at gunpoint is one extreme. I'm thinking of it like a thought exercise; what would I need to do if I wanted to talk to her and get her to answer my questions truthfully? The other option would be to put a tail on her (either one of my drones, or an electronic one from Overkill) and nab / politely ask her questions when she travels to the UCAS zone. The issues is that is dependent on when she goes back there, if at all. Her boyfriend was just murdered, and unless she put the hit on him it is very suspicious to me that she lawyered up that quickly. I realize that we comm-called out of the blue, so I am not trying to read too much into it. It just feels like,
A) She's got something to hide, or
B) She's *very* afraid of Lone Star, etc. or whoever killed her BF. We could also go to the CAS, have half the team run interference on her while the other half breaks into her apartment and sees if there's anything there.

I guess my point is that to this point we've been approaching this investigation like traditional cops; and I think there's some value in us thinking about how we can go about this in a criminal way to speed up the process.

Don't get me wrong- I think we're getting closer, and I love the progress we've made so far. I think we're close to cracking this thing. I do feel like there are some "lynchpin" players we need to talk to, and we aren't going to be able to identify who those are until we talk to everyone available. Sanders was a witness at the most recent murder, her boyfriend may have been involved heavily in what was going on, and he was the only one killed in the HUB as opposed to the UCAS proper. I think brainstorming ways to get at her and find out what she knows short of causing an international incident is worthwhile.

Lobos; let me know when I need to start taking my ravings IC, or if it's appropriate to discuss them here. I'm fine either way, it's just a little easier not to think about formating when I am ranting. (I am not on Novacoke, I swear).
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 12 2014, 09:32 PM) *
I guess my point is that to this point we've been approaching this investigation like traditional cops; and I think there's some value in us thinking about how we can go about this in a criminal way to speed up the process.

Very true. I'm really in favor of that, actually. My using magic to force the cooperation of the manager will be one example, just like hacking was another.

I like your idea of starting to tail her with a drone, if that is doable; it might be tough though, but it could provide all sorts of useful info.

I continue to think that we shouldn't throw all we've got at Sanders just yet, since we're not even sure it's necessary, and it's our most unreachable relevant witness/evidence from all the cases. There's probably more than one way to get to the bottom of the conspiracy.

I understand the frustration of hitting a wall though, as I myself really want to get to that scary powerful mage involved with the los mags and the Crimson Fire business.

Overall, don't forget that the less overt our investigation is, the less likely that they'll see us coming/be able to stop us from uncovering them/arresting them.
Lobo0705
@All

I've updated dropbox Denver Border Security doc to include all the vital information about the CAS.

From a purely mechanics standpoint, you are looking at acquiring the travel pass (unless you want to try and get a work visa or immigrate there), which will require checking your SIN, and then actually getting through the border, which requires another check on your SIN. The rating for the devices that check that SIN are 4 or 5.

This means that anything less than a Rating 4 fake SIN is very likely to get caught, and there is about a 10% chance of a Rating 4 SIN getting caught (I believe that doubles to 20% if it is a rating 5 scanner instead of rating 4)

Sneaking a gun through customs is virtually impossible - so you'd have to buy one on the other side of the wall - which you would need the licensing for.

This is an important point - all of the licenses that you have are for the UCAS - they are not valid in the CAS, Sioux, or Pueblo Corporate Council Zones.

Grease can get across the border the easiest, as he actually has a SIN, however, he is then logging his actual SIN into the system as crossing over there, which could cause problems if he needs an alibi.

You do not want to try and cross a border if there is an alert on - even if it is not specific to you, they are going to ramp up security. Mind you, not every crime causes the border security to go up, but if there is an alert, a very difficult task becomes an almost impossible one.

Feel free to discuss this stuff OOC - you aren't exactly on a clock IC - although once you've made your conclusions, you should obviously have some back and forth IC.

@Chrome,

I'm just waiting for Overkill to respond, and then we can resolve your spellcasting and the interaction with the manager, etc.
Jack VII
I personally think that Sanders can probably help us figure out a part of the conspiracy, but I also think we should track down other leads first. With that said, it's going to look (a lot) fishy if supposed Lone Star folks call and then don't respond when re-contacted by a lawyer. I feel like we're kind of on the hook for meeting with the lawyer in some way, shape, or form. Otherwise we're throwing up a giant red flag.

As far as her lawyering up, I don't know if I am as suspicious on that count. If you took a day trip to Mexico with your Mexican significant other and they got capped while y'all were hanging out, I know that I would at least be contacting a lawyer if the Mexican police wanted me to come to their country for questioning.

I do think there is a certain way to approach the lawyer as ostensible police officers. If Sanders told her lawyers everything we told her, it would be moronic of any Lone Star personnel to discuss internal problems with ANY lawyer and the lawyer would know that. I think the biggest problem is establishing bona fides. With that said, do any of us have relevant knowledge skills to know anything about this firm? Do they do work for organized crime, etc? That might be good to know before hand. Hell, maybe they're dirty as Hell and would look the other way for the right bribe.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 12 2014, 10:22 PM) *
I personally think that Sanders can probably help us figure out a part of the conspiracy, but I also think we should track down other leads first. With that said, it's going to look (a lot) fishy if supposed Lone Star folks call and then don't respond when re-contacted by a lawyer. I feel like we're kind of on the hook for meeting with the lawyer in some way, shape, or form. Otherwise we're throwing up a giant red flag.

As far as her lawyering up, I don't know if I am as suspicious on that count. If you took a day trip to Mexico with your Mexican significant other and they got capped while y'all were hanging out, I know that I would at least be contacting a lawyer if the Mexican police wanted me to come to their country for questioning.

I do think there is a certain way to approach the lawyer as ostensible police officers. If Sanders told her lawyers everything we told her, it would be moronic of any Lone Star personnel to discuss internal problems with ANY lawyer and the lawyer would know that. I think the biggest problem is establishing bona fides. With that said, do any of us have relevant knowledge skills to know anything about this firm? Do they do work for organized crime, etc? That might be good to know before hand. Hell, maybe they're dirty as Hell and would look the other way for the right bribe.

Yeah, I think (or thought) my message was pretty clear; this is an off the books investigation, and we wanted to informally talk. Since she brought a lawyer into it, that definitely strays much more into the "formal" territory.

I am leaning towards responding with something along the lines of, "Mr. Dakak, please inform Ms. Sanders that given the sensitive nature and speed of our investigation, we are unable to go through more formal channels, and would prefer this discussion to take place off the record. Considering your involvement, we are of the opinion that is not likely to be possible in the time frame we are hoping to work this case; any murder investigation goes more stale with each passing hour after the fact. We are dismayed that Ms. Sanders is unwilling to candidly help us try to find her boyfriend's killer, and wish to let her know if she wishes to step forward with any information we would appreciate her contacting us directly."

-DrZ

Jack VII
I think that works and (honestly) think you can just send that back to the lawyer and tell Jack that she lawyered up and screw it.

...with that said, we do have someone who can eavesdrop on commlink calls. Maybe before you reply to the lawyer, check with Overkill to see if he can sleaze a MARK onto the lawyer's phone using his commcode to spot the icon in the matrix. Then he can use Snoop to eavesdrop on any conversations that the lawyer makes. I would be willing to guess that he would call his client after we returned his text. Then we nab her commcode, then use that to run Trace Icon actions if we need to track her down (or check to see if she's in the Hub).

You know, we could always try to see if Paul knows anything more about her. Or if he would give us a buzz if she came into QXT again.
Chrome Head
I think the answer you (Grease) propose to make is excellent. I also think that snooping on the phone of the lawyer and/or Sanders could turn up something interesting. In general, finding out more about Sanders and her life, and the lawyer and his firm, might be useful as well.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 12 2014, 04:02 PM) *
So you're saying it may have been a bit, how should we say... overkill?

That'll teach him. biggrin.gif

Dude, if a commlink could explode, his probably would have done so.

The only way it could have gone better is if the kid was on the comm and had it up to his face when I bricked it. I hear electrical burns can be pretty nasty... jk
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 12 2014, 03:58 PM) *

Nuyen and karma well-spent.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 10 2014, 10:42 PM) *
Amy is casting Control Thoughts at Force 4 with Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 = 12 dice

12d6.hits(5)=2

Using Edge to reroll unsuccessful dice.

10d6.hits(5)=3

Hitting the limit of 4.

Drain 13 dice

13d6.hits(5)=413d6.hits(5)=4

No drain. She is now sustaining the spell.

Noticing magic allows for a perception roll against a threshold of 2 in this case. Use modifiers as you see fit. If you think this is relevant Amy has Agi 3, Sneaking 2, and urban specialization.

Let's see what effect this will have. It's a new way to conduct investigations nyahnyah.gif

Ok - so we can keep these rolls for your influence spell, since the dice rolls don't change.

However, since I'm not exactly sure of what you do - go ahead and post IC the lead up to casting the spell, including what you are telling him to do. Once that happens, I'll have him resist the spell. Remember that you will need to be able to keep him in LOS for 12 seconds to finish making the spell permanent.

Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 13 2014, 08:22 AM) *
Ok - so we can keep these rolls for your influence spell, since the dice rolls don't change.

However, since I'm not exactly sure of what you do - go ahead and post IC the lead up to casting the spell, including what you are telling him to do. Once that happens, I'll have him resist the spell. Remember that you will need to be able to keep him in LOS for 12 seconds to finish making the spell permanent.

That's a good point. She can use her own intuition or some kind of judge intention to figure out a good moment to cast where she'll likely be able to maintain eye contact. Also, once she's cast the spell, she can no longer be noticed using magic, just by sustaining it, so she can start moving in and ensure line of sight.

Finally, I'd rather cast at force 5, since there's little chance to be noticed while chilling in the parking lot (correct me if I'm wrong), and it will give us an extra minute to exact what we need.

IC post coming up.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 13 2014, 10:22 AM) *
That's a good point. She can use her own intuition or some kind of judge intention to figure out a good moment to cast where she'll likely be able to maintain eye contact. Also, once she's cast the spell, she can no longer be noticed using magic, just by sustaining it, so she can start moving in and ensure line of sight.

Finally, I'd rather cast at force 5, since there's little chance to be noticed while chilling in the parking lot (correct me if I'm wrong), and it will give us an extra minute to exact what we need.

IC post coming up.

I am a little leery of changing the force of the spell after you've already rolled dice for success and drain. I'll say ok on this one, since it doesn't matter much, but in future, you can't change the force after the dice are rolled.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 13 2014, 10:28 AM) *
I am a little leery of changing the force of the spell after you've already rolled dice for success and drain. I'll say ok on this one, since it doesn't matter much, but in future, you can't change the force after the dice are rolled.

I don't mind rerolling, and I can keep the spell at force 4 also. But to me the situation is different and I would have casted at force 5. I'm not sure why you want to keep the dice in the first place.
Lobo0705
I was only keeping the dice cause you succeeded with no drain, and I didn't want to screw you over.

If you want to change to cast it at force 5, I have no problems with that smile.gif
Jack VII
A little drain is good for a growing elf. wink.gif
Chrome Head
Yeah I want to cast it at force 5, definitively. Drain is of little consequence in this situation. So here goes a new set of rolls.

Spellcasting
12d6.hits(5)=5

Hmm.. well you can charge me with edge if you want, since last time I had to use edge to get that many successes.

Anyway.. here's drain resist against 4S
13d6.hits(5)=8

Jesus.. all right. Hey Overkill, this is the right way to roll dice cool.gif
Lobo0705
No need to charge you with Edge - you might need it later depending on mad scheme Grease talks you into, or what trouble Overkill gets you into wink.gif

So the manager resists:

6d6.hits(5)=2

So he will be acting under that Influence for 3 minutes.

IC post up in a minute
Chrome Head
I'll be back in an hour.
Lobo0705
Once you decide when to view the footage IC, I'll go ahead and post the description of the video file.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 13 2014, 10:53 AM) *
Jesus.. all right. Hey Overkill, this is the right way to roll dice cool.gif

No kidding, maybe I should have you make all my hacking roles wink.gif
Chrome Head
Hey it's up to you now, Overkill. I don't know what else to ask from that very helpful(!) manger.
Always Overkill
Did the manager give us the reports on the investigation? I am curious to see what Lone Star did as far as investigating the event.

I am also curious about the outside camera, shooting from the hip here, but perhaps its still working but not connecting to the Host?

If I am crazy for this supposition let me know and I can amend the post.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Feb 13 2014, 01:53 PM) *
Did the manager give us the reports on the investigation? I am curious to see what Lone Star did as far as investigating the event.

I am also curious about the outside camera, shooting from the hip here, but perhaps its still working but not connecting to the Host?

If I am crazy for this supposition let me know and I can amend the post.

The report for his home office just has basic information, all of which you have already - when it happened, who was working, what was stolen, etc.

With regards to the outside camera - he means the kids keep bricking it.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 13 2014, 01:04 PM) *
The report for his home office just has basic information, all of which you have already - when it happened, who was working, what was stolen, etc.

With regards to the outside camera - he means the kids keep bricking it.

Probably literally since cyberdecks are hella' expensive.
Lobo0705
See - Jack and I are on the same wavelength. wink.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 13 2014, 02:09 PM) *
Probably literally since cyberdecks are hella' expensive.

Unless they have a technomancer nyahnyah.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 13 2014, 01:16 PM) *
Unless they have a technomancer nyahnyah.gif

Were that the case, we probably would have heard about the local child that faints all the time for some odd reason.

ETA: Sounds like the time for getting is good.
Chrome Head
Quick question about erasing my signature. Can I do it from where I was when I cast the spell? Or do I have to be inside. I'm curious on your interpretation of the vague sr5 rules on this.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 13 2014, 02:43 PM) *
Quick question about erasing my signature. Can I do it from where I was when I cast the spell? Or do I have to be inside. I'm curious on your interpretation of the vague sr5 rules on this.

Hmm. It is vague.

I guess what would make sense to me would be you would have to be able to see the target of the spell with your astral sight.

So, if you cast fireball at an area, you would have to be able to see the area hit, or if you cast physical mask on a person, you would have to be able to see that person.

If you could astrally project, you could head back to the store, and view the spell's signature on the manager - since you can only astrally perceive, you would have to be in LOS of the manager in the real world.

Does that make sense?
Jack VII
Form the way I have read it, casting a spell creates two signatures, one at the point of casting that just hangs out there and one on the target person/area/device/whatever. But yeah, everything else lines up with what Lobo said.

ETA: I need to stay off the main boards. Drives up my blood pressure. I think half the posters there have CHA 1.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 13 2014, 03:33 PM) *
ETA: I need to stay off the main boards. Drives up my blood pressure. I think half the posters there have CHA 1.

Definitely more than a few "Uncouth" qualities, for the build points.

Posted IC.

Lobo: On the commlink thing from yesterday; I think my intention was to have my commlink be a burner, as it is a metalink (the cheapest variety). That said, I'm cool with what we have now; no need to change anything IC. I will probably be purchasing some burner commlinks once we get paid for our adventure. The alternative is that I think I have a few "throwaway" guns; I could trade a few of those out in my equipment sheet for commlinks. I guess I imagined communications would be a bit more anonymous.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Feb 13 2014, 03:33 PM) *
Form the way I have read it, casting a spell creates two signatures, one at the point of casting that just hangs out there and one on the target person/area/device/whatever. But yeah, everything else lines up with what Lobo said.

Yeah it makes sense to me too. I'd say you could interpret that you have to be at the casting site, or at the target, or always at the same one of those two options (your interpretation being always the target). So I think it's perfectly fair.

I have to be able to look astrally at the manager for 5 passes (5 complex actions to wipe the whole thing clean). I'll roll for initiative to see how many passes she gets per round.

4d6+11=25
4d6+11=23

So she gets 3 passes on both rounds (yay mystic adept), and she can completely wipe her signature clean. While I'm at it I'll throw in an assensing on the manager at the same time (that I will let you roll). I'll make a quick IC post describing that - I think it's pretty easy to pull off in this low-stress situation.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 13 2014, 05:32 PM) *
Yeah it makes sense to me too. I'd say you could interpret that you have to be at the casting site, or at the target, or always at the same one of those two options (your interpretation being always the target). So I think it's perfectly fair.

I have to be able to look astrally at the manager for 5 passes (5 complex actions to wipe the whole thing clean). I'll roll for initiative to see how many passes she gets per round.

4d6+11=25
4d6+11=23

So she gets 3 passes on both rounds (yay mystic adept), and she can completely wipe her signature clean. While I'm at it I'll throw in an assensing on the manager at the same time (that I will let you roll). I'll make a quick IC post describing that - I think it's pretty easy to pull off in this low-stress situation.

RE: your IC post about "ex-military assassin"; Are you (and everyone else) reading the shooter as Argent?
-DrZ
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Feb 13 2014, 05:47 PM) *
RE: your IC post about "ex-military assassin"; Are you (and everyone else) reading the shooter as Argent?
-DrZ

Are we supposed to? I thought if it looked like someone we'd seen before, the description would say so. Maybe I'm completely off.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Feb 13 2014, 05:55 PM) *
Are we supposed to? I thought if it looked like someone we'd seen before, the description would say so. Maybe I'm completely off.

No, that's what I thought- I was reading it that if it was someone we recognized, lobo would post as such. I just misread your post, I guess.
Lobo0705
@everyone - just to be clear - the man in the video is a human with short brown hair - Argent is an elf with long blonde hair and obvious cybereyes.

@Amy - your assensing of the manager reveals his is a mundane, and his prevalent mood is confused.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Feb 13 2014, 06:35 PM) *
@Amy - your assensing of the manager reveals his is a mundane, and his prevalent mood is confused.

Lol I would expect he's confused. Good enough for me. I picture him with a big question mark above his head as in cartoons smile.gif

ETA: The reason I call the guy ex-military is because of this:
"brown hair is cut short. His UCAS fatigues show signs of age, with faded spots, and the identification removed."

and the reason I call him an assassin is because what he did was a hit, not a robbery. It was very badly disguised, as though he knew the Lone Star wouldn't look into it =/

ETA2: Also pretty useful to know. Amy can summon a spirit with the Search power, which enables that spirit to find anyone that we have at least a picture for, unless that person's too far away.
Always Overkill
Gonna be crashing early again, but will be back on in the early morning.

I know I have a couple comms to respond to; just wanted you guys to know I hadn't forgotten about them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012