Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
Final IC post is up for Adventure 1. It was a blast- can't wait to start the next round. cyber.gif

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Awesome post Dr. Z!

I want to say again thank you to all three of you, as the adventure would not have been possible without you guys smile.gif

Looking forward to running the next one!
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 4 2014, 10:29 AM) *
I will have to remember next time to wait until after everyone has updated their sheets before wiping the Resource Tracker. With that said, it doesn't usually say specifically what was purchased or give an idea when it happened.

I know you bought a gas mask, armor vest, a Meta Link burner, and (IIRC) four sets of coveralls. We bought other stuff like restraints and grenades, but they have all been used up.

@Lobo: Love the Tribune. I always forget to buy stock in companies we're running for or against. Nice little Pyrrhic victory there. Poor Twoman, we never knew ya'

Any idea of what remains of Amy's purchases? An armor vest for sure, the reagents we kept track of, I don't think she has a burner remaining. Anything else I'm missing?

Last IC post coming up within 24-48 hours. I'm always on, but for longer posts I sometimes need a little more time.
Lobo0705
I don't think Amy bought anything apart from a couple spare sets of clothes (cheap, like 5 to 10 nuyen.gif each), the burner, the gas mask, and the armor vest.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 4 2014, 10:45 AM) *
I don't think Amy bought anything apart from a couple spare sets of clothes (cheap, like 5 to 10 nuyen.gif each), the burner, the gas mask, and the armor vest.

She did buy a nice dress. I do remember that one.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 4 2014, 06:19 PM) *
She did buy a nice dress. I do remember that one.

Yes me too! Thanks to both for helping me remember what to add to my sheet.

ETA: All of it except the gas mask was actually correctly tracked on my sheet already, woot!
Jack VII
OK, I think I'm done with IC posts for Adventure 1 & Downtime.
Chrome Head
Finished updating my character sheet in the other OOC thread.

I'm going to start my IC posts with meeting with Chomsky. I was thinking we could actually play this one out a little bit if that's all right. I haven't forgotten the bit about Overkill, it's just not the right time yet in game.

I also haven't read all the stuff Jack and DrZ posted yet, I plan to do that at work tomorrow.
Chrome Head
Oh we haven't talked more about the spirit binding stuff. I'm thinking she could summon a F4 Beast spirit with the concealment power, as a back up for security every evening. If she eventually gets one with 3 or 4 services owned, she will try to bind it overnight and not use up a service on him just yet if she's successful, though she could summon something else by that point.

That will leave enough reagents for another binding if it makes sense to attempt one during a run, and a beast spirit will be a good trump card in sticky situations, with its superior physical abilities and capacity to assist with combat spells.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Nov 4 2014, 10:34 PM) *
Finished updating my character sheet in the other OOC thread.

I'm going to start my IC posts with meeting with Chomsky. I was thinking we could actually play this one out a little bit if that's all right. I haven't forgotten the bit about Overkill, it's just not the right time yet in game.

I also haven't read all the stuff Jack and DrZ posted yet, I plan to do that at work tomorrow.

No worries - I'm happy to play it out if you like, not a problem at all smile.gif

So you know, your Astral Perception of the man who accompanied Chomsky in shows him at least as heavily cybered as Jack.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Nov 5 2014, 12:30 AM) *
Oh we haven't talked more about the spirit binding stuff. I'm thinking she could summon a F4 Beast spirit with the concealment power, as a back up for security every evening. If she eventually gets one with 3 or 4 services owned, she will try to bind it overnight and not use up a service on him just yet if she's successful, though she could summon something else by that point.

That will leave enough reagents for another binding if it makes sense to attempt one during a run, and a beast spirit will be a good trump card in sticky situations, with its superior physical abilities and capacity to assist with combat spells.

Ok, so, first we summon:

12d6.hits(5)=8 - reduced to 4 hits by limit

Spirit resists
4d6.hits(5)=0

Ok - that is about as good as you are going to get, and on the first roll too!

You resist drain of 2DV
13d6.hits(5)=2

So no Drain.

Next up is the Binding Test: Binding+Magic
12d6.hits(5)=3

Spirit Resists (Forcex2)
8d6.hits(5)=4

frown.gif That sucks - you rolled below average AND he rolled above. The opposite of the summoning test frown.gif

Amy resists Drain (8DV)
13d6.hits(5)=5

So, 4 hours, 100 reagents, and 3 boxes of Stun later, the spirit is still there, but is not bound. After an hour of rest or so, the Stun damage goes away.

As an aside, it doesn't actually say how you determine if the Drain is Physical or Stun, I imagine it is the same as Banishing, i.e. if the Force of the Spirit is greater than your Magic it is Physical, otherwise it is Stun, but I'm not sure.

Also, not that it mattered here, since you only rolled 3 hits on the Binding test, but the limit on that binding test is the force of the spirit, it is probably worth spending reagents to raise the limit if you try it again. I thought of it after I rolled, and had I rolled more than 4 hits I would have stopped before I rolled drain and asked you if you wanted to use reagents, but with only 3 hits it is a moot point.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 5 2014, 08:20 AM) *
As an aside, it doesn't actually say how you determine if the Drain is Physical or Stun, I imagine it is the same as Banishing, i.e. if the Force of the Spirit is greater than your Magic it is Physical, otherwise it is Stun, but I'm not sure.

Pretty sure it's the same as Summoning/Banishing. There's a lot of potential variability in the numerical drain code since it's determined by the spirit's hits, so I think they would at least throw a small bone in knowing before hand whether it is going to be S or P.

That Binding test sucked. frown.gif
Lobo0705
Just throwing this out there to the group, are you guys ok with me allowing the new character starting out with 25,000 nuyen.gif and 12 karma so that he is more on parity with you guys?

All purchases using the money would be subject to COLA, and any Qualities purchased with the karma would be double the cost of char gen as per normal.

If not, no problem - I'm just asking smile.gif
Jack VII
I don't have a problem with it. I'd rather we're all on the same level. When I used to play D&D, we would usually bring in a new player at the same level as everyone else, I think it makes sense here.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 5 2014, 11:44 AM) *
I don't have a problem with it. I'd rather we're all on the same level. When I used to play D&D, we would usually bring in a new player at the same level as everyone else, I think it makes sense here.

Agreed; I have no problem with it.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 5 2014, 11:42 AM) *
Just throwing this out there to the group, are you guys ok with me allowing the new character starting out with 25,000 nuyen.gif and 12 karma so that he is more on parity with you guys?

All purchases using the money would be subject to COLA, and any Qualities purchased with the karma would be double the cost of char gen as per normal.

If not, no problem - I'm just asking smile.gif

Yeah I don't mind.

Amy's just going to suck it up and wait until a run to attempt binding again. Bound spirits aren't that powerful and it's getting nuts spending almost 3k on .. nothing at all. She's built for binding, but the sad truth is that it's just not an option without edge, unless I try to bind a force 2, but then what's the point.
Jack VII
Chomsky's statement (the "assuming we get the funds") comes several days before they, do indeed, get an influx of funding, correct?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Nov 5 2014, 03:23 PM) *
Chomsky's statement (the "assuming we get the funds") comes several days before they, do indeed, get an influx of funding, correct?

That is correct - at the time of his conversation with Amy, they have not as of yet got the funding.
Chrome Head
Clearly, Amy's modest donation made all of it possible wink.gif

I'll continue posting IC as I have time, not too much remains for her to do.

ETA: I haven't posted that much but I don't really feel the need to post details about shopping and all that sort of thing. I'm just not sure what to post about, really. What else should I include?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Nov 5 2014, 06:47 PM) *
Clearly, Amy's modest donation made all of it possible wink.gif

I'll continue posting IC as I have time, not too much remains for her to do.

ETA: I haven't posted that much but I don't really feel the need to post details about shopping and all that sort of thing. I'm just not sure what to post about, really. What else should I include?

I think that we are really about done - all of you have done an amazing job, truly smile.gif

If you felt like posting a reaction to the Tribune, that would be cool - but if not, I think we can call it a wrap on the first adventure smile.gif

The new character should be done tomorrow or Friday at the latest - I know that he is waiting to have his dumpshock registration approved (he signed up on Monday and it is still pending).

I will be available during the day tomorrow on and off until around 2:00 PM EST, after which I will still be able to check occasionally on my phone, but I won't really be posting anything until Sunday at the earliest.

Assuming the new character is finished by the time I get back, then we should be able to start the adventure Monday (or Tuesday at the latest).

@Chrome,

One other thing, please pick a spot in the Warrens where Amy's new house is - you can use the map and find a street and then we can have Jack add it to the map.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 5 2014, 09:49 PM) *
@Chrome,

One other thing, please pick a spot in the Warrens where Amy's new house is - you can use the map and find a street and then we can have Jack add it to the map.

Add a short description. I've got a gist of some of it, but a short paragraph would work well.

I added a short bit where Jack read the Tribune and connected the dots he could see. I'm ready to stick a fork in the Broken Star.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Nov 5 2014, 10:49 PM) *
The new character should be done tomorrow or Friday at the latest - I know that he is waiting to have his dumpshock registration approved (he signed up on Monday and it is still pending).

You can write a PM to an admin yourself to accelerate the process. When I signed up it took a while too.

I won't be able to post during the day tomorrow.

I'll write up a short description and will pick a spot for you soon.
Melpomene
Hey guys! Just wanted to say hi...still finishing off the character, and looking forward to Running with you!
Jack VII
Welcome aboard, Melpomene! We're definitely looking forward to running with you, omae.

Just to put it out there as an offer, we shared our character sheets in the recruitment thread before finalizing them when we started the game to get feedback/pointers/legal-checks. Up to you, I know it helped me out (although we all somehow missed the Alpha Spurs being illegal and forbidden, oh well...)
Chrome Head
Welcome to the team, Melpomene! (what's the short for that, Mel?)

Feel free to post in the OOC for the second run. That post will be where your character sheet will be.

---

About Amy's new place:
How about this spot? 3478 S Espana St

So imagine something that looks perhaps like this. The interior actually looks about contemporary, and the interior design is welcoming. Furniture is not new but it's in good shape. Eletronics are at the low-end of 2070's standards. Basic ameneties all work well. Living space is cozy, but it's enough for just two people, and Sam has her own small room now. There's a few gangers living on one of the floors, and Amy's tipped them well to stay out of her way and also keep an eye out for her, her adoptive child, and her stuff, which they don't mind doing in exchange for easy money.

Jack VII
Added the pin and description.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012