Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 8 2014, 04:03 PM) *
Only the armor, or are there Lone Star logos elsewhere on him? What's he wearing under the armor?

Ok, didn't realize you were going to take the time to strip him smile.gif

That is going to take a minute or two. Is that what you are doing before seeing to Chomsky and Greeley?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 8 2014, 04:13 PM) *
I was thinking more for the future, not necessarily retconning the current posts (if that makes sense).
-DrZ

Sure - that isn't a problem for me.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 8 2014, 03:13 PM) *
Ok, didn't realize you were going to take the time to strip him smile.gif

That is going to take a minute or two. Is that what you are doing before seeing to Chomsky and Greeley?

What I have in mind is just to unzip or untie some part of the armor to see if he has a punk t-shirt underneath or a dry-cleaned pale blue work shirt, that sort of thing. If that can't be done easily because of the encumbrance of that armor, she won't insist for now.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 8 2014, 04:15 PM) *
What I have in mind is just to unzip or untie some part of the armor to see if he has a punk t-shirt underneath or a dry-cleaned pale blue work shirt, that sort of thing. If that can't be done easily because of the encumbrance of that armor, she won't insist for now.

I gotcha. I picture full body armor as:

this

So it isn't exactly something that you can get off him easily - it requires a decent amount of effort.

Always Overkill
I was under the impression that we had brought both cars, (I thought Grease said he was in his Taxi, and later that he wanted me to mark the BMW.) I drove it over there to pick up them up and get them out of here before the real police show up.

I would like to say that Drave would recommend against this chase; and not just jump into the car and drive off, for 4 reasons.
1) I am not keen on leaving Amy wounded and alone as the only person watching out for Chomsky and Greeley.
2) Any casual onlookers are going to see a car trying to run down a Lone Star Patrol Cruiser, setting off even more alarms.
3) As I am unable to find the guys icons, and with the vehicle's wireless turned off, I am kind of useless in this situation.
4) The Rigger just jumped out of the car and is still on the scene.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 8 2014, 05:03 PM) *
I was under the impression that we had brought both cars, (I thought Grease said he was in his Taxi, and later that he wanted me to mark the BMW.) I drove it over there to pick up them up and get them out of here before the real police show up.

I would like to say that Drave would recommend against this chase; and not just jump into the car and drive off, for 4 reasons.
1) I am not keen on leaving Amy wounded and alone as the only person watching out for Chomsky and Greeley.
2) Any casual onlookers are going to see a car trying to run down a Lone Star Patrol Cruiser, setting off even more alarms.
3) As I am unable to find the guys icons, and with the vehicle's wireless turned off, I am kind of useless in this situation.
4) The Rigger just jumped out of the car and is still on the scene.

I thought I had brought the BMW, and I was correcting someone else who said they wanted to go into my taxi. If I posted IC that we took the taxi, I take it all back!

EDIT: I thought he "jumped out" of being jacked into the vehicle, not physically left the car. I could be wrong.
-DrZ

EDIT2: If you said something to Grease IC, we could have a quick convo; right now I am playing him "with his ears pinned back", i.e. chasing like a dog after a car, not really thinking about it. If Overkill spoke to him it's possible he could convince him to go back for Amy / the civilians.
Chrome Head
I posted (and edited slightly) IC to have the talk about what to do there, as I think it makes more sense that way.

Whether we have that taxi is going to make a difference, but probably not a huge one if Chomsky has a car.

ETA: I think it would make sense for Amy to soon call for another spirit to help her out. In case of more trouble on the way home.
Lobo0705
Ok - if Overkill doesn't want to jump in the car and wants to stay with Amy, that's fine, no problem - I can edit the IC post accordingly.

If Overkill does want to jump in the car and convince Grease to not follow the other car, that's fine as well.

If Overkill wants to have a conversation with Grease before Grease leaves, then that makes the chase moot, as the car will have gotten away before the conversation is going to end.

However you guys want to handle it is fine with me smile.gif

The taxi isn't here, if you look back through the IC posts, Grease never brought it (so I'm assuming it is at his house).

@Chrome,

I'm going to hold off answering as Chomsky until Overkill and Grease figure out what they are doing. You can certainly summon another spirit - what force, type, and optional powers (if any)?
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 8 2014, 04:54 PM) *
I'm going to hold off answering as Chomsky until Overkill and Grease figure out what they are doing. You can certainly summon another spirit - what force, type, and optional powers (if any)?

Force 3 Beast Spirit, with Natural Weapons. He'll be useful in fetching things back to the car (drones and the body of the policeman if we choose to bring him). And he'll be useful enough in a fight if something else comes up (hopefully not...). At force 3, I won't lose consciousness if something terrible happens, drain-wise.

Amy plans to wipe out all the spell signatures before leaving. I believe it includes this: F4 Ball Lightning, F3 Mass Confusion, F6 Ball Lightning. Cost is one IP per force of spell.

ETA: She'll also keep her 3rd eye open to check whether a magical being shows up on the scene.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 8 2014, 05:54 PM) *
Ok - if Overkill doesn't want to jump in the car and wants to stay with Amy, that's fine, no problem - I can edit the IC post accordingly.

If Overkill does want to jump in the car and convince Grease to not follow the other car, that's fine as well.

If Overkill wants to have a conversation with Grease before Grease leaves, then that makes the chase moot, as the car will have gotten away before the conversation is going to end.

However you guys want to handle it is fine with me smile.gif

The taxi isn't here, if you look back through the IC posts, Grease never brought it (so I'm assuming it is at his house).

@Chrome,

@Lobo: My guess is it goes something like, "GET IN GET IN GET IN!" "I'm Not leaving Amy!" "FRAK!!" (lays on the horn). Without weapons and being injured, Grease isn't confident he can chase down the police cruiser, he knows they have guns (whereas he can't really fire back), and the only weapon he has is his car, which is directly tied to his brain.

-DrZ

EDIT: If we DON'T go, Grease will Recover RHex, try to grab one of the rotodrones that seems the most likely to function, and get the heck outta there. I think I can afford to lose a drone per gunfight, provided Overkill can keep getting me new ones for free.. cyber.gif
Lobo0705
Amy summoning:

9d6.hits(5)=3

Spirit resists:

3d6.hits(5)=0

Resist Drain 2DV
13d6.hits(5)=5

No Drain

Ok - we'll wait til tomorrow morning for Overkill to come back on and say definitely what he is doing. I modified the IC post to reflect Grease yelling at him to get in the car.

Once he lets us know one way or the other, we'll continue.

Always Overkill
Drave isn't going to jump in the car, and will try and dissuade Grease from going after them. (We are in no shape to run this guy down.) And suggest that we gather what we need and get Chomsky and Greeley out of here before the real Lone Star shows up.

Drave will also recommend to Grease that he tails the escaping car with one of his Fleigegeheimagents. And see where it goes.
Lobo0705
Ok - with Amy and Overkill not wishing to pursue, and Grease already saying OOC that he will not pursue without one of the team coming along, we are officially out of combat.

Overkill or Grease, if one of you can put up an IC post reflecting the conversation, that would be great, and we can shift to non-combat posting smile.gif

Jack - combat is over, you can probably jump in on the game smile.gif
Always Overkill
I will get an IC up shortly.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 9 2014, 08:47 AM) *
I will get an IC up shortly.

You can add Grease putting one of the fly-spy's on the car's trail to that, if you'd like.

-DrZ
DrZaius
I posted IC, but am more than willing to take a back seat while we resolve Jack's scene. I'd also like to call my Taxi to our location; it may not get here in time, but it doesn't hurt to start it coming towards us.
Jack VII
I just posted, although I'll note that I am still 10-15 minutes ahead of y'all in the timeline. From a story perspective, Jack's convenient disappearance is super suspicious, so I could see the team probably not contacting him in the intervening time period.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 9 2014, 10:17 AM) *
I just posted, although I'll note that I am still 10-15 minutes ahead of y'all in the timeline. From a story perspective, Jack's convenient disappearance is super suspicious, so I could see the team probably not contacting him in the intervening time period.

My thinking is all the stuff we said we're going to do is going to take 10-15 minutes anyways.
Chrome Head
Yeah I was thinking about that. I think there might be a chronology issue, because I can easily see someone sending Jack a "Where the frak are you?" text around 8:10. Not sure it'd have any impact on your scene though.

ETA: I don't want to spend 10-15 more minutes in the park. Whatever happens, we should gtfo within 2-3 minutes tops.
Jack VII
In the past, I've just said that he's been super-keyed up on his mission and would ignore messages that weren't relevant. Chalk it up to a character flaw, LOL.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 10:19 AM) *
Yeah I was thinking about that. I think there might be a chronology issue, because I can easily see someone sending Jack a "Where the frak are you?" text around 8:10. Not sure it'd have any impact on your scene though.

ETA: I don't want to spend 10-15 more minutes in the park. Whatever happens, we should gtfo within 2-3 minutes tops.

I was just trying to resolve the timeline; ideally we'll get out of there much faster.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 9 2014, 10:21 AM) *
In the past, I've just said that he's been super-keyed up on his mission and would ignore messages that weren't relevant. Chalk it up to a character flaw, LOL.

That works.

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 9 2014, 10:23 AM) *
I was just trying to resolve the timeline; ideally we'll get out of there much faster.

I'm just trying to not get caught by SWAT teams in helicopters.
Jack VII
Probably fair to say that getting everything square at the park AND finding somewhere safe to hide (is Nic's compromised if Jack is a traitor? Plus Sam is there!!! OHNOES!) might take the allotted time frame.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 10:25 AM) *
I'm just trying to not get caught by SWAT teams in helicopters.

Why not? We KNOW someone in Lonestar, it'll be fine!

OOC, Grease is going to start driving to Dr. Grizz Jacoby, and insist that Overkill scour the officer and drones (if any are recoverable) for any RFID tags. He will also be interested in either Overkill or himself using their equipment to jam signals coming out of the car in case there *is* a bug. Finally, he will recover all his Fly-Spies (except the one he had pursue the police cruiser).

Grease is going to be up late editing video tonight..

-DrZ

ETA: Their jamming (to make sure Lonestar doesn't home in on them while they take a mostly dead, maybe dirty, but possibly just unlucky cop to an organ legger / street doc) would also explain why their communications with Jack were interrupted.
Lobo0705
Ok,

1) Amy uses one of her 3 services to have the Spirit of Beasts collect the drones. Rhex and the drone that fell into the pond are still intact (mostly) but the other 3 are just total write-offs, the spirit not even bringing back all of the pieces (since it would take it quite a while to go and pick them all up) - this takes about 2 minutes, since it has to move at its materialized speed, rather than its astral one.

2) The Fly Spy sent after the car - are you jumping into it? Sending it on Autopilot? You are correct, the big issue is the Speed differential. The Fly Spy can fly, so that helps, but the cop car has a lead, and you will have difficulty catching it.

3) The taxi is a 20 mile drive from Grease's house to the park - so you aren't going to get the taxi sent to you, I'm supposing. You may want to think about an alternate location.

Lobo0705
Packing the cars:

Ok, you are taking the following (as far as i can tell)

1 Rotodrone
Rhex
The Lone Star officer
Greeley
Chomsky
Amy
Overkill
Grease

And you have the BMW and Greeley's Americar to fit that in.

You'll need to figure out how that works smile.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 10:33 AM) *
Ok,

1) Amy uses one of her 3 services to have the Spirit of Beasts collect the drones. Rhex and the drone that fell into the pond are still intact (mostly) but the other 3 are just total write-offs, the spirit not even bringing back all of the pieces (since it would take it quite a while to go and pick them all up) - this takes about 2 minutes, since it has to move at its materialized speed, rather than its astral one.

2) The Fly Spy sent after the car - are you jumping into it? Sending it on Autopilot? You are correct, the big issue is the Speed differential. The Fly Spy can fly, so that helps, but the cop car has a lead, and you will have difficulty catching it.

3) The taxi is a 20 mile drive from Grease's house to the park - so you aren't going to get the taxi sent to you, I'm supposing. You may want to think about an alternate location.

1) It can use the Movement power to go "as quickly as possible" as commanding, or of course if can choose not to use it as no service was used for 'power use' in this case and it is rather a physical task.

4) Amy will take 12-15 seconds to clear out all the spell signatures she left.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 10:36 AM) *
Packing the cars:

Ok, you are taking the following (as far as i can tell)

1 Rotodrone
Rhex
The Lone Star officer
Greeley
Chomsky
Amy
Overkill
Grease

And you have the BMW and Greeley's Americar to fit that in.

You'll need to figure out how that works smile.gif

My suggestion: Grease, Greeley, Chomsky and the Lone Star officer (trunk, with restraints on..) in the BMW. Amy, Overkill and the drones in the americar.

Main problem: what's our destination(s)?

Amy personally believes that Jack is clean as she knows him and Nic enough to trust them in this situation. She will try to convince the others of the same, so Nic as a partial drop spot is ok for her. But we need some kind of safe house for Greeley and Chomsky, and maybe that'd be a good place to interrogate our officer if he still lives (can someone other than Amy check for vitals signs?). Obviously, Greeley and Chomsky have a word to say in this, and they might have their own ideas as to where to go. Otherwise, does anyone know of any safe house in Denver? Also, does either Overkill or Grease have first aid and/or a medkit?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 10:49 AM) *
1) It can use the Movement power to go "as quickly as possible" as commanding, or of course if can choose not to use it as no service was used for 'power use' in this case and it is rather a physical task.

4) Amy will take 12-15 seconds to clear out all the spell signatures she left.

Part of the time it takes is to account for having to locate all 4 drones (one of which came down somewhere in the stream), and recover them - they fell hundreds of yards apart from one another.

No problem with the spell signatures being cleared.

ETA: The only character who has a medkit is Jack frown.gif
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 11:03 AM) *
ETA: The only character who has a medkit is Jack frown.gif

I hope we get to him within the hour...
Jack VII
It's only a Rating 3, but Jack did take the Aztechnology First Aid for Friends employee enrichment class. It had a focus on blood loss for some reason...
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 11:18 AM) *
I hope we get to him within the hour...

I am planning on going directly to my Street Doc contact. I know at least Greeley needs medical attention (in addition to Grease and Amy). I would ask Amy (if she is able) to heal the lone star guy so he doesn't die (is that a different spell now?) so we can interrogate him later. Grease (being the paranoid tweaker that he is) is NOT going to contact Jack until the rest of the team has a talk to decide what to do.

My suggestion for the cars:
BMW:
Grease
Overkill (Jamming)
Lone Star Officer (in trunk)
Chomsky

Americar:
Amy
Greeley
Drones

That way, if the crap hits the fan, we can split up and both principles won't be in the same car. Plus, it might be handy to talk with them separately..

-DrZ

Jack VII
If the character is in overflow, you have to stabilize them (through first aid, the Stabilize spell, a Trauma Patch, or them doing it naturally) before you can use the Heal spell, IIRC.

Granted, if a character is in overflow, I believe they usually die in a matter of seconds to minutes if they don't get stabilized. I'm away from books, so I could be totally wrong about that...
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 9 2014, 11:45 AM) *
I am planning on going directly to my Street Doc contact. I know at least Greeley needs medical attention (in addition to Grease and Amy). I would ask Amy (if she is able) to heal the lone star guy so he doesn't die (is that a different spell now?) so we can interrogate him later. Grease (being the paranoid tweaker that he is) is NOT going to contact Jack until the rest of the team has a talk to decide what to do.

My suggestion for the cars:
BMW:
Grease
Overkill (Jamming)
Lone Star Officer (in trunk)
Chomsky

Americar:
Amy
Greeley
Drones

That way, if the crap hits the fan, we can split up and both principles won't be in the same car. Plus, it might be handy to talk with them separately..

-DrZ

I think Stabilize is the spell that would be needed right now, which is on my long-term to-get list for Amy and was considered at chargen, but she doesn't have it.. Heal (which she has) can be cast after first-aid has been used (or instead).

For the cars, that's fine by me, but wouldn't it be better to have a driver who hasn't been shot in the chest? Also, Amy would rather be with Chomsky than Greeley.

ETA: Once in physical overflow, you take one box of damage every (Body) minutes until stabilized (or dead).

ETA2: The guy took 11 damage. So if he has body 6 or less he's dead already. With body 7, he'd have 7 minutes to live. But hmm.. he's an elf so I wouldn't count on it. (this is purely OOC stuff)
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 11:54 AM) *
I think Stabilize is the spell that would be needed right now, which is on my long-term to-get list for Amy and was considered at chargen, but she doesn't have it.. Heal (which she has) can be cast after first-aid has been used (or instead).

For the cars, that's fine by me, but wouldn't it be better to have a driver who hasn't been shot in the chest? Also, Amy would rather be with Chomsky than Greeley.

Hrm, fair point. May main concern is the homing beacon thing. So maybe,

Grease
Overkill
Drones
Lonestar

then, with one of them driving:
Amy
Chomsky
Greeley

I can order my taxi someplace nearby; we'll meet in the middle, and have you three abandon their ride and transfer over to the cab.

Maybe Overkill can try to stabilize him? It's a logic based test, and he's pretty smart! He's seen plenty of "ER" reruns on the trid..
-DrZ

ETA: Overkill, at the very least, should be able to determine if he's alive or not.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 10:54 AM) *
ETA2: The guy took 11 damage. So if he has body 6 or less he's dead already. With body 7, he'd have 7 minutes to live. But hmm.. he's an elf so I wouldn't count on it. (this is purely OOC stuff)

Doesn't Body 5-6 give you 11 boxes on your physical condition monitor? I don't remember if he took damage previously from someone. Considering the resistance dice they were throwing, I think their bodies are higher than that in any event.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 9 2014, 01:06 PM) *
Doesn't Body 5-6 give you 11 boxes on your physical condition monitor? Considering the resistance dice they were throwing, I think their bodies are higher than that in any event.

This is of course OOC knowledge, but just to save time on debate smile.gif

If the officer had, for example, a body of 5, they would have a condition monitor of 11, and so not be in overflow.

If they had a body of 4, they would have a condition monitor of 10, and have one box of overflow, and would die in 16 minutes.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 12:12 PM) *
This is of course OOC knowledge, but just to save time on debate smile.gif

If the officer had, for example, a body of 5, they would have a condition monitor of 11, and so not be in overflow.

If they had a body of 4, they would have a condition monitor of 10, and have one box of overflow, and would die in 16 minutes.

Ah thanks, I got confused between overflow and condition monitor, my bad.

That guy is not dead then. We just need someone IC to confirm that smile.gif

ETA: Can Overkill make sure we're not carrying tracker signals with us? Can he be certain?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 01:14 PM) *
Ah thanks, I got confused between overflow and condition monitor, my bad.

That guy is not dead then. We just need someone IC to confirm that smile.gif

Since this is all OOC anyway (and the numbers are up there for you to look back at, should you take the time), this officer was only ever attacked once, with an AP 6 attack and rolled 15 dice to resist. Since his armor is 18 normally, you can conclude his body is 3.

So he will die in 9 minutes.

(Again, you don't know that IC, but like I said, it is all there in the OOC thread for you to check on.)
Lobo0705
As far as being tracked:

1) The rotodrone - the drone was bricked, so as long as it stays bricked, it cannot be tracked - unless they put a tracker on it separately.

2) The armor itself would be traceable, as would the guard's commlink. You can shut the wireless off on those.

3) Could there be separate trackers? Yes. It would take Overkill making a Matrix Perception test to see them. He couldn't definitively tell you he found them, however (I mean, he could fail the roll.). He can also use his bug scanner. You could also make a regular perception test to see if you could find one attached to it.

4) The other potential issue would be any cyberware that might be transmitting wirelessly.

ETA - even though Overkill didn't bring any jammers with him, he can do the Jam Signal action, which turns his deck into a jammer. Of course that is going to jam everything around him, but it should (given enough hits on his test) prevent people from finding you.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 9 2014, 01:00 PM) *
Maybe Overkill can try to stabilize him? It's a logic based test, and he's pretty smart! He's seen plenty of "ER" reruns on the trid..
-DrZ

ETA: Overkill, at the very least, should be able to determine if he's alive or not.

Determining if he is alive or not, no problem. It would be Logic -1 die, or 7 dice, needing 1 hit.

Stabilizing him is a different story.

He would still get his 7 dice base, but he needs to hit a threshold of 3, and takes the following penalties:

1) Poor Conditions, -2 dice
2) No medical supplies, -3 dice

At least - and potentially more if the guy has cyberware.
Always Overkill
Drave will use his Bug Scanner to check for tracking devices and use his deck to Jam the Signal if need be.

Also, just in case it hasn't already been done, he is jacking out to clear his OS.

On the run today, should be able to check back in a couple hours.
Chrome Head
Here's trying to elaborate the plan:

1) Get drones, clear signatures, scan for signal emitters, check vital signs, jam signals, put people and drones in cars (should take roughly 2 minutes and change).
2) Go see street doc contact, stabilize if the officer is still breathing, first aid for physical, first aid for stun (?), magical healing (I'm not sure if it has to be done within the hour, in which case Amy might rest first and perform heal tomorrow)
3) Check on Jack, get update on what he's up to, etc. (might occur before or after 2)).
4) Debrief Chomsky and Greeley. Drop Chomsky and Greeley some place safe to be determined.
5) Go back to Nic's, debrief.

Now if we don't think we can make it in time to the street doc contact, we might try to look for Jack and his medkit to at least give it a shot. Otherwise, we could look for street docs or street clinics where we have no contact. I believe the sprawl life knowledge skill, and/or Area Knowledge:Warrens could provide a location for a nearby street clinic for SINless if we're lucky.

Anything missing? Thoughts?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 9 2014, 01:54 PM) *
Here's trying to elaborate the plan:

1) Get drones, clear signatures, scan for signal emitters, check vital signs, jam signals, put people and drones in cars (should take roughly 2 minutes and change).
2) Go see street doc contact, stabilize if the officer is still breathing, first aid for physical, first aid for stun (?), magical healing (I'm not sure if it has to be done within the hour, in which case Amy might rest first and perform heal tomorrow)
3) Check on Jack, get update on what he's up to, etc. (might occur before or after 2)).
4) Debrief Chomsky and Greeley. Drop Chomsky and Greeley some place safe to be determined.
5) Go back to Nic's, debrief.

Now if we don't think we can make it in time to the street doc contact, we might try to look for Jack and his medkit to at least give it a shot. Otherwise, we could look for street docs or street clinics where we have no contact. I believe the sprawl life knowledge skill, and/or Area Knowledge:Warrens could provide a location for a nearby street clinic for SINless if we're lucky.

Anything missing? Thoughts?

There's no time frame on magical healing. I have found that street docs are quite effective at healing; it may be that we are healed to close to full pretty quickly, and just need to be topped off with magical healing.
Lobo0705
Ok, so:

1) The spirit gets the drones.

2) Overkill checks on the officer to see if he is alive:
7d6.hits(5)=1

He is alive, barely

3) Overkill reboots his deck, pulls out his bug scanner, and checks:

13d6.hits(5)=6 (reduced to 5 by limit)

He detects no bugs.

4) The group loads Rhex and the rotodrone in the back seat of the BMW, the officer in the trunk, and Overkill in the front. Amy, Chomsky, and Greeley get into Greeley's car, with Greeley lying in the back seat and Chomsky driving.

5) Overkill Jamming Signals:
14d6.hits(5)=4

4 hits, raising the noise around you by 4

If it takes 2-3 minutes to do all that (not unrealistic amount of time), then you have only 6 or 7 minutes to get to a street doc, and get him stabilized - and remember that none of you actually have any idea as to how much time he actually has. For all you know, he could have an hour, or he could be dead in the next 2 minutes.

If Grease feels that he is willing to break some sound barriers, he might be able to get you to a street doc in time - I would say that would require three vehicle tests, as he takes some turns at high speed, and as long as he passes them he'll be alright. If not, he'll crash the BMW on the way to the street doc.

Grease - do you feel lucky?

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Since this is all OOC anyway (and the numbers are up there for you to look back at, should you take the time), this officer was only ever attacked once, with an AP 6 attack and rolled 15 dice to resist. Since his armor is 18 normally, you can conclude his body is 3.

Ah, I always forget about the helmet. I also had considered that he might have had bone lacing or something. Then again, I think I was thinking about the other officer that got away who had a higher resist pool at 23, IIRC.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 01:10 PM) *
Grease - do you feel lucky?

Not particularly, but that's never stopped me before. I will give Amy the coordinates (she'll have trouble keeping up in the k-car) and punch it.

-DrZ

EDIT: I will jack into hot-sim VR though. No need to be reckless!
Chrome Head
I'll add that the Americar and all commlinks are set with wireless off, obviously. When we're away from the scene, Amy will turn her commlink (now cleared of marks if there were any) back on to maintain communication channels open.

When we're driving, Amy will give another command to her beast spirit (too bad it doesn't have guard for Grease's driving) and send a message to Jack.
Lobo0705
Ok, so Grizz Jacoby's office is at the corner of East Union Drive and S. Zeno, near the Quincy Reservoir.

Jack, when you aren't busy if you want to update the map with the info from Grease's character sheet?

Ok, here are Grease's 3 rolls, two of them are Average, one Hard.

Reaction 7, Pilot 6, Specialization 2, Hot Sim 2, Wound modifiers -2, Dump Shock, -2: so 13 dice:

Normal threshold 2, +2 for terrain, -2 for Control Rig:

Fortunately you are jacked directly into the car, so the Noise doesn't apply (otherwise the jamming Overkill is doing would be a pain smile.gif

Two Average tests (needing 2 hits)
13d6.hits(5)=4, 13d6.hits(5)=3

One Hard Test (needing 3 hits)
13d6.hits(5)=7

Cue the General Lee sound again!

Looks like you made it there in the nick of time smile.gif

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 9 2014, 12:38 PM) *
Ok, so Grizz Jacoby's office is at the corner of East Union Drive and S. Zeno, near the Quincy Reservoir.

Jack, when you aren't busy if you want to update the map with the info from Grease's character sheet?

Will do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012