Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Lobo0705
Ok - no problem.

For those with the cold hard cash (everyone is turning to you Grease wink.gif)

3 gas masks with markup=630 nuyen.gif
1 CS grenade with markup=96 nuyen.gif

Plus dinner and drinks for 4 is another 100:nuyen:

IC post up soon.
Jack VII
More than one grenade would trigger the concentration effect. All that does is increase the power by 1 per dose. I think the only reason we might need more than one grenade would be to cover a larger area, but I would guess this apartment is probably more compartmentalized than open-floor plan. If that's the case, by the time we'd get to use a second grenade, we're probably already getting shot at by our targets.

I think the biggest problem with the plan is us having to go inside while the gas is deployed. Because of the stupid, not particularly realistic way that SR Toxins work (the effects should really be distributed by vector), you apparently need all types of vector protection to resist all of the effects of a toxin. So, unless you have Chemical Protection on your armor, you're going to be affected fully even if you have a gas mask/respirator.

ETA: We'll just do an IOU for Grease from our final pay (not including dinner).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 23 2014, 09:09 AM) *
More than one grenade would trigger the concentration effect. All that does is increase the power by 1 per dose. I think the only reason we might need more than one grenade would be to cover a larger area, but I would guess this apartment is probably more compartmentalized than open-floor plan. If that's the case, by the time we'd get to use a second grenade, we're probably already getting shot at by our targets.

I think the biggest problem with the plan is us having to go inside while the gas is deployed. Because of the stupid, not particularly realistic way that SR Toxins work (the effects should really be distributed by vector), you apparently need all types of vector protection to resist all of the effects of a toxin. So, unless you have Chemical Protection on your armor, you're going to be affected fully even if you have a gas mask/respirator.

ETA: We'll just do an IOU for Grease from our final pay (not including dinner).

Re-reading the toxin rules now - there is no reason - unless the CS gas in Shadowrun is somehow far different than the CS gas we use today - that a gas mask shouldn't protect you completely from the worst of it.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 23 2014, 08:14 AM) *
Re-reading the toxin rules now - there is no reason - unless the CS gas in Shadowrun is somehow far different than the CS gas we use today - that a gas mask shouldn't protect you completely from the worst of it.

It's apparently some super-version of IRL CS that somehow causes massive throat inflammation and mucous production solely through skin contact. I don't get it either. In fact, based on the rules, the only Core toxin that a gas mask fully protects you from by itself is Nausea Gas. I personally wish there was more granularity to it all. CS has Contact and Inhalation vectors. I could easily see the Disorientation tied to the Contact vector and the Nausea tied to the Inhalation vector. It doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to balance either.

ETA: I would be absolutely OK if you allowed us to defeat a toxin by being immune to one of its vectors.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 23 2014, 09:17 AM) *
It's apparently some super-version of IRL CS that somehow causes massive throat inflammation and mucous production solely through skin contact. I don't get it either. In fact, based on the rules, the only Core toxin that a gas mask fully protects you from by itself is Nausea Gas. I personally wish there was more granularity to it all. CS has Contact and Inhalation vectors. I could easily see the Disorientation tied to the Contact vector and the Nausea tied to the Inhalation vector. It doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to balance either.

ETA: I would be absolutely OK if you allowed us to defeat a toxin by being immune to one of its vectors.

I think the problem is what we know about CS gas IRL as opposed to the super version they have in the game.

Sarin, as an example, which would have both contact and inhalation vectors, if you walked into a cloud of Sarin wearing a gas mask and no other protective clothing, you would still be dead in short order, despite not breathing it in.

So, I think that just being immune to one vector shouldn't make you immune to the toxin. I think probably a better way to go would be halving the power of the attack, and eliminating the disorientation effect.
Jack VII
Yeah, Seven-7 is basically supposed to be Sarin or other nasty nerve agents. It has both vectors.

I think we just need a ruling one way or the other if we're not going to play it how the book reads it (which I would be happy with, since it is kind of dumb from a rules perspective). WRT to the house rule above, I think being immune to the inhalation should eliminate the Nausea rather than the Disorientation (no foot long strings of mucous with a gas mask). I think Disorientation should come from the Contact (skin burning, etc). So, for someone with a gas mask, CS would turn into a Toxin Power 4 attack with Stun/Disorientation as the effects? That seems pretty fair.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 23 2014, 09:36 AM) *
Yeah, Seven-7 is basically supposed to be Sarin or other nasty nerve agents. It has both vectors.

I think we just need a ruling one way or the other if we're not going to play it how the book reads it (which I would be happy with, since it is kind of dumb from a rules perspective). WRT to the house rule above, I think being immune to the inhalation should eliminate the Nausea rather than the Disorientation (no foot long strings of mucous with a gas mask). I think Disorientation should come from the Contact (skin burning, etc). So, for someone with a gas mask, CS would turn into a Toxin Power 4 attack with Stun/Disorientation as the effects? That seems pretty fair.

That works for me - that is how we will play it smile.gif
Jack VII
Cool! OK...

Logistics
Disguises: Check
Costumes: Check (or at least, should be easy to acquire)
Grenades: Check (At about 0240)
Auxiliary Gear: Check? Will gas masks and trash bags be enough?
Vehicle & Cart: <-- What are we going to do about this? If we can figure out how to do it, I like Chrome's idea of boosting something appropriate right before we make our move. Maybe a laundry or trash truck? Something that may come with a cart of some sort. Then we either just leave it there and leave in the Taxi/BMW/Motorcycle or drive a few blocks away to a pre-determined location to hook up with our vehicles, transfer the bodies, and get the Hell out of Dodge.

Damnit! We still need two or three sets of restraints... they have (-) Availability, can we hit Chapel back up for them as well? (Might as well see if he has some not-chemsuit coveralls to boot).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 23 2014, 10:12 AM) *
Damnit! We still need two or three sets of restraints... they have (-) Availability, can we hit Chapel back up for them as well? (Might as well see if he has some not-chemsuit coveralls to boot).

I'll just edit the exchange to include it smile.gif

3 restraints increase the cost another 96 nuyen.gif
DrZaius
Lobo- is there some knowledge skill I could roll, or general vehicle skill I could reference for my opinion on how hard it is to jack a car?

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 23 2014, 12:28 PM) *
Lobo- is there some knowledge skill I could roll, or general vehicle skill I could reference for my opinion on how hard it is to jack a car?

-DrZ

I would think it is pretty common knowledge that unless you are dealing with a car from 50 years ago, you need a deck to be able to steal a car. I say this because everything is computerized at this point, and the only way to start the car would be to get MARKs on it, and the only way to do that is with an Attack or Sleaze rating, which only decks have.

Actually stealing the car isn't the issue. The problem is holding on to it, and not getting tracked down once someone notices it is gone.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 23 2014, 11:41 AM) *
Actually stealing the car isn't the issue. The problem is holding on to it, and not getting tracked down once someone notices it is gone.

According to Overkill and/or Grease, how hard is that? Can we get away with it for less than an hour in the middle of the night?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 23 2014, 10:41 AM) *

I would hope that we could get away with absconding with a delivery truck for about an hour at 3AM or 4AM. Maybe something along the line of hacking a low-grade host to allow us to Spoof Command (presuming that a company with no spider has the Host setup as the Matrix owner of a device) to a truck authorizing it to be driven around at off-hours? They'd definitely know something was up pretty quickly, but we should have a window, I would think. (Seriously, sometimes the direction they have taken this game in sometimes kills the feel of Shadowrun to me... honestly, I seem to recall there being rules for gait analysis in 4E somewhere.)
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 23 2014, 01:05 PM) *
I would hope that we could get away with absconding with a delivery truck for about an hour at 3AM or 4AM. Maybe something along the line of hacking a low-grade host to allow us to Spoof Command (presuming that a company with no spider has the Host setup as the Matrix owner of a device) to a truck authorizing it to be driven around at off-hours? They'd definitely know something was up pretty quickly, but we should have a window, I would think. (Seriously, sometimes the direction they have taken this game in sometimes kills the feel of Shadowrun to me... honestly, I seem to recall there being rules for gait analysis in 4E somewhere.)

Lol - having never played 4e I can't comment with authority but I've read posts on this forum and the official forum about that - that the authorities could identify you by the way you walked.

I was speaking generally about stealing a vehicle - the hard part is holding onto it once someone reports it stolen (sort of like in real life today).

As long as you aren't flagrant about it, stealing a delivery vehicle in the middle of the night shouldn't present much of a problem - I was just indicating that you shouldn't be using it after the job, as that is going to get you caught.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 23 2014, 11:15 AM) *
As long as you aren't flagrant about it, stealing a delivery vehicle in the middle of the night shouldn't present much of a problem - I was just indicating that you shouldn't be using it after the job, as that is going to get you caught.

Cool. I'm pretty sure we're either of the opinion that we ditch it on-site or drive a block or two away and ditch it. I don't think anyone wants to keep it (well, we probably would want to keep it, but get that is probably unbalancing).

FYI: Run & Gun Errata is out, Street Grimoire is supposedly on the way.
Chrome Head
In our current plan, Amy will have some time to rest if she suffers a lot of drain from summoning a spirit. She should perform that summon as soon as possible. I think she's really worried about the plan, and worried that she won't be strong enough if it comes down to a magical duel, so she'll take a risk and summon something scary.

I'm thinking an Air Elemental with Noxious Breath and Elemental Ranged Attack (whatever the exact name of the power is) at a force of 7 can change the course of the entire battle in our favor. Before that, she'll cast Increase Body on herself at Force 3, and that will help her later when she tries to heal the likely stun damage she will suffer. Depending on the summon roll, it might be difficult to decide on whether or not to use her edge on it, but we'll see when we get there.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Sep 23 2014, 04:30 PM) *
I'm thinking an Air Elemental with Noxious Breath and Elemental Ranged Attack (whatever the exact name of the power is) at a force of 7 can change the course of the entire battle in our favor. Before that, she'll cast Increase Body on herself at Force 3, and that will help her later when she tries to heal the likely stun damage she will suffer.

Just a head's up, if you summon at F7, your drain will be physical. It's a bit different than spellcasting drain. Maybe a F6 would be better?

ETA: Not sure if sprinklers would kick on with CS, but who knows. 3 extra gas masks are going to be like 600 nuyen + handling. Is this adjustment worth it?
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 23 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Just a head's up, if you summon at F7, your drain will be physical. It's a bit different than spellcasting drain. Maybe a F6 would be better?

ETA: Not sure if sprinklers would kick on with CS, but who knows. 3 extra gas masks are going to be like 600 nuyen + handling. Is this adjustment worth it?

Oh yes I had forgotten it would be physical.. resting for an hour would not help then.. so it's probably too dangerous to try. F6 it will be smile.gif

It's for spells that the force isn't what determines stun vs. physical anymore (the number of successes is used instead).

ETA: quote: "We've got some duct tape; right?"; That's ALWAYS a valid concern wink.gif
DrZaius
600?? I thought they were a lot cheaper for some reason.

@lobo: I'll edit my ic post, I think just the extra coveralls.
Jack VII
Yeah, you just dropped 630 bones on the first three gas masks.

I assume Grease isn't going to reveal this plan to the rest of us unless shit gets real?
Lobo0705
Ok, so another 30 nuyen.gif for the overalls

Amy summoning Force 6 spirit
12d6.hits(5)=2

Spirit resists
6d6.hits(5)=2

Amy resists 4DV drain
13d6.hits(5)=5

Since she failed in the first attempt but took no drain, I'm going to assume she tries again

Summoning
12d6.hits(5)=2

Spirit resists
6d6.hits(5)=1

Amy resists 2DV drain
13d6.hits(5)=3

So Amy now has a Force 6 spirit of Air with one service with the optional powers Noxious Breath and Elemental Attack
Jack VII
Alright, so we've got the spirit, we're getting the grenade and costumes, Grease is doing a few disguises (I guess we need to roll for those? I can teamwork for that).

I think the last pieces are the recon and stealing the truck.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 09:36 AM) *
Alright, so we've got the spirit, we're getting the grenade and costumes, Grease is doing a few disguises (I guess we need to roll for those? I can teamwork for that).

I think the last pieces are the recon and stealing the truck.

I can roll for the disguises now - is the recon and stealing the truck something you want to do with Dr. Z away, or do you want to wait for him to come back?

Grease's disguise
Jack attempts to help
4d6.hits(5)=1

Grease uses disguise (+1 from Jack)
7d6.hits(5)=2

Amy's disguise
Jack attempts to help
4d6.hits(5)=1

7d6.hits(5)=1

Jack's disguise
Jack attempts to help
4d6.hits(5)=1

7d6.hits(5)=2

Overkill's disguise
Jack attempts to help
4d6.hits(5)=2

Grease uses disguise (+2 from Jack)
8d6.hits(5)=3
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 24 2014, 07:52 AM) *
I can roll for the disguises now - is the recon and stealing the truck something you want to do with Dr. Z away, or do you want to wait for him to come back?

I think Z said he would be gone starting this afternoon, so I think we can wait for his input on that. If he doesn't login today before travel, I think we may be able to do the tuck part without him, less so the recon (unless the recon is just going to be doing a drive-by to make sure what we see squares with the plans; it's not like we have a lot of time if we're going to do this thing before the sun comes up). It seems like the truck thing is going to be almost entirely Overkill, given how much of it requires hacking...
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 09:57 AM) *
I think Z said he would be gone starting this afternoon, so I think we can wait for his input on that. If he doesn't login today before travel, I think we may be able to do the tuck part without him, less so the recon (unless the recon is just going to be doing a drive-by to make sure what we see squares with the plans; it's not like we have a lot of time if we're going to do this thing before the sun comes up). It seems like the truck thing is going to be almost entirely Overkill, given how much of it requires hacking...

I am fine with you guys proceeding without me as far as you can go- and I may be able to log on later this evening, if I feel like it after a 6 hour drive.

EDIT: Not that the rolls are particularly bad at all, but would it make sense to buy hits on these disguise tests? We have all the time in the world, and I wouldn't want to do a shabby job if it could be avoided.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 08:57 AM) *

Ok - no worries. The only issue with the truck is physical security. Someone spotting a truck leaving in the middle of the night would be something he couldn't hack around.

Picking a facility in the Warrens is good, in that there is probably not going to be any rapid Lone Star response, but bad in that since there is a fair amount of lawlessness, the facility will probably have a security guard or two on site.

Mind you, they aren't going to be anything a team of Shadowrunners can't handle pretty easily, and given that you are only going to be using the truck for an hour or so, your job should be done before a shift change, so by the time they discover you have knocked out or killed the guards (depending on how bloodthirsty you are), and taken the truck, you will have dumped it anyway.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 24 2014, 09:19 AM) *
Picking a facility in the Warrens is good, in that there is probably not going to be any rapid Lone Star response, but bad in that since there is a fair amount of lawlessness, the facility will probably have a security guard or two on site.

I've got gel rounds and a silenced SMG, seems like something Jack could probably handle with a spotter to relay movements of any security guards in order to get surprise. If necessary, keep a drone with a silenced AR firing gel or S&S on overwatch and it should be relatively easy.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 09:35 AM) *
I've got gel rounds and a silenced SMG, seems like something Jack could probably handle with a spotter to relay movements of any security guards in order to get surprise. If necessary, keep a drone with a silenced AR firing gel or S&S on overwatch and it should be relatively easy.

Agreed. Overkill has a Fly Spy, did you want the two of you to go take care of that, or should the whole team go?

@Dr. Z

With regards to buying hits, as it turns out, since you need 4 dice to buy 1 success (round down) the dice worked out so that you rolled better than you could have done had you simply bought the hits.
Jack VII
Given the damage value of an SMG, it probably wouldn't be terrible for the roto-drone to be providing sniping overwatch. I seem to remember its weapon was silenced? If that's not the case, then disregard the combat drone suggestion. Hopefully I'll be able to get surprise on any guards and get a few shots off first, since I don't see one burst knocking anyone out.

Since we were going there right before we went to the apartment, it seems like the whole team would probably go along, although I am not sure if everyone needs to go in... Amy could certainly be helpful, either by coming along or just casting and sustaining invisibility on Jack. It sounds like the physical actions required is to go in and knock out a few people and open the gate. Is that right?

ETA: I like how Jack tried his little heart out (or his little activesoft's heart out), but none of his efforts actually mattered at all to Grease's disguise rolls. That sounds appropriate to their relationship. Jack probably just gave Grease tips that he already knew.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 10:14 AM) *
Given the damage value of an SMG, it probably wouldn't be terrible for the roto-drone to be providing sniping overwatch. I seem to remember its weapon was silenced? If that's not the case, then disregard the combat drone suggestion. Hopefully I'll be able to get surprise on any guards and get a few shots off first, since I don't see one burst knocking anyone out.

Since we were going there right before we went to the apartment, it seems like the whole team would probably go along, although I am not sure if everyone needs to go in... Amy could certainly be helpful, either by coming along or just casting and sustaining invisibility on Jack. It sounds like the physical actions required is to go in and knock out a few people and open the gate. Is that right?

ETA: I like how Jack tried his little heart out (or his little activesoft's heart out), but none of his efforts actually mattered at all to Grease's disguise rolls. That sounds appropriate to their relationship. Jack probably just gave Grease tips that he already knew.

Lol - I'm not sure that "The Little Activesoft that Could" will be selling out in any bookstores anytime soon. smile.gif

Ok, so that means we just need to resolve the following IC:

1) Moving to a different location and performing the disguise work (since I don't think you are going to want to do that in the Rusty Bar-rel)
2) Amy summoning her spirit
3) Going to the trucking company

I should be able to put all of that up in the next half hour or so - I have no idea what Grease is planning to make you all look like, so I will leave that part vague until I hear what his actual plans are and then I can edit it.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 24 2014, 09:28 AM) *
I have no idea what Grease is planning to make you all look like, so I will leave that part vague until I hear what his actual plans are and then I can edit it.

I specifically requested a Magnum P.I. mustache. In fact, that would probably be what all four dice of Jack's efforts went to in my Teamwork Test with Grease, LOL.

Grease had suggested doing it in the backroom of the Rust, but I don't think you were good with that last time we suggested it for some other purpose. I guess we could just find a public restroom somewhere and lock the door (like at a gas station). Might look weird when we all walk out. Then again, it's like 2AM and the freaks come out at night.
Lobo0705
The AK from Rhex had a sound suppressor on it - the one on the Rotodrone does not, but it is a simple matter of switching it.

One thing to note is that Chapel is meeting you at the Bar-rel at 2:40, I suppose you should wait until then to leave, unless you want to leave someone behind to get the stuff - so let me know about that before I can put up the IC post.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 24 2014, 10:31 AM) *
The AK from Rhex had a sound suppressor on it - the one on the Rotodrone does not, but it is a simple matter of switching it.

Oh, in that case, I could probably mount it on my Colt and just take that instead, I only have S&S for it though, and only 40 rounds. I don't know if we really want to put the Roto-Drone out there all that much until Grease can get it painted and repaired fully. Probably for the Apartment Assault, but maybe not for something as relatively minor as this. Also, with the R&G errata, they finally fixed the Foregrip so that it mounts to the barrel or undermount, so that's on my to-buy list for my SMG and AR.

Also, RIP Rhex, I miss that little guy. The Roto-Drone doesn't nearly have as much personality.
Lobo0705
Ok so:

Do you all wait for Chapel or split up?

When I post, I will adjust Jack's disguise to include a big mustache, a Hawaiian shirt, short denim shorts and a Detroit Tigers baseball cap. The Ferrari is not available.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 24 2014, 11:22 AM) *
When I post, I will adjust Jack's disguise to include a big mustache, a Hawaiian shirt, short denim shorts and a Detroit Tigers baseball cap. The Ferrari is not available.

Helicopter?
We could probably make Grease look like Higgins.

Hmm... well, Grease is probably going to need to be here to meet Chapel. Jack needs to get the supressor (wherever that thing is) if he's going to use the Colt. I think Grease could stay here (which works with Z being gone) and Jack, Amy, and Overkill can go grab the truck in the taxi. Grease could then meet the team somewhere a few blocks away in the Beemer and hop into the truck, parking the beemer and taxi as getaway vehicles.

Before all of that happens, at T-1 hour or so, Overkill would need to create the Emergency Work Order so it just doesn't magically appear when we show up (although I guess that might be a better idea so the goons don't have time to really ask questions about it).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 12:34 PM) *
Helicopter?
We could probably make Grease look like Higgins.

Hmm... well, Grease is probably going to need to be here to meet Chapel. Jack needs to get the supressor (wherever that thing is) if he's going to use the Colt. I think Grease could stay here (which works with Z being gone) and Jack, Amy, and Overkill can go grab the truck in the taxi. Grease could then meet the team somewhere a few blocks away in the Beemer and hop into the truck, parking the beemer and taxi as getaway vehicles.

Before all of that happens, at T-1 hour or so, Overkill would need to create the Emergency Work Order so it just doesn't magically appear when we show up (although I guess that might be a better idea so the goons don't have time to really ask questions about it).

If I remember correctly, the AK and the suppressor were removed from Rhex and carried by Overkill at the ambush of Truck and the other cult members. So it should be in the car - you can swap it over from there.

I'll get a post up in a few minutes.

I'm going to leave the summoning to Chrome to type up so he can personalize it - the summoning itself only takes 3 seconds or so, and it can be fit in anywhere along the way.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 24 2014, 10:44 AM) *
If I remember correctly, the AK and the suppressor were removed from Rhex and carried by Overkill at the ambush of Truck and the other cult members. So it should be in the car - you can swap it over from there.

Overkill's AK has a gas-vent system, so it can't take a supressor. But he bought the gas-vent from Chapel, so the supressor is either in the trunk unattached or on the Roto-Drone's AK. Either way, I assume it would be in the trunk.

ETA: Also, looking through everything, I seem to have neglected to deduct the 500 nuyen.gif from Overkill for the Hardware Kit he should have had at CharGen (unless I deducted it without a transaction, can't find starting nuyen rolls). Now none of us have more than 1,000 nuyen.gif in our accounts. cyber.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 12:00 PM) *
Overkill's AK has a gas-vent system, so it can't take a supressor. But he bought the gas-vent from Chapel, so the supressor is either in the trunk unattached or on the Roto-Drone's AK. Either way, I assume it would be in the trunk.

ETA: Also, looking through everything, I seem to have neglected to deduct the 500 nuyen.gif from Overkill for the Hardware Kit he should have had at CharGen (unless I deducted it without a transaction, can't find starting nuyen rolls). Now none of us have more than 1,000 nuyen.gif in our accounts. cyber.gif

I am fine with you disguising us as you see fit Lobo- I would go for what you'd expect a devil rat exterminator to look like. I'm thinking Joe Dirt.

-DrZ

Other than that, I'm going to hit the road in a few. I will try to check in again tonight.
Jack VII
That works, or Billy the Exterminator or that Call of the Wldman guy...

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Sep 24 2014, 11:36 AM) *
Other than that, I'm going to hit the road in a few. I will try to check in again tonight.

Safe travels!
Lobo0705
Safe trip Dr. Z!

I've put the map up in the "Adventure 1 Broken Star" folder.

Any questions, let me know.
Jack VII
- What kind of armor do they appear to be wearing?
- How high is the fence? Are there any security measures at the top like concertina?
- The truck lot is presumably filled with trucks and would limit vision?

I'm thinking that Amy casts Invisibility on Jack. He jumps the fence, moves through the trucks, and snipes the guard in the parking lot while Overkill locks the camera to the south. Jack moves in and pushes the body underneath a car, and uses the guard's comm to send a message that he's gone to take a leak and check the trucks. Then Jack slips up to the guard house, goes in, and chokes the guard out.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 01:07 PM) *
- What kind of armor do they appear to be wearing?
- How high is the fence? Are there any security measures at the top like concertina?
- The truck lot is presumably filled with trucks and would limit vision?

I'm thinking that Amy casts Invisibility on Jack. He jumps the fence, moves through the trucks, and snipes the guard in the parking lot while Overkill locks the camera to the south. Jack moves in and pushes the body underneath a car, and uses the guard's comm to send a message that he's gone to take a leak and check the trucks. Then Jack slips up to the guard house, goes in, and chokes the guard out.

1) Nothing obvious - so some form of armor vest/armored clothing - not security armor
2) Fence is about 10 feet high, topped with concertina wire
3) Yes - the truck lot has about 20 trucks parked in it. The employee lot has only 2 cars, both parked near the southern end, adjacent to the main building.
Jack VII
Cool, I think it can still work as written. The concertina may be a challenge, given I only have a dice pool of 7, but I guess we'll get there when we get there.

I'd like to wait for Chrome before we move any further for Amy's input.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Sep 24 2014, 02:21 PM) *
I'd like to wait for Chrome before we move any further for Amy's input.

I was literally typing the same thing when I saw you edited your post smile.gif
DrZaius
Just checking in, looks like you guys have stuff handled. I'll try to check again tomorrow; I get home tomorrow evening. It doesn't sound like there's a lot for Grease to do at the moment (which is fine, since I'm out of town cyber.gif )

I couldn't help but think of this when you mentioned the guard's e-cig:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-smoki...bounty-h,34531/

-DrZ
Chrome Head
I'm okay with all that's going on, not sure what kind of input you want from me (or Amy). She's just following along I take it. She'd summon the spirit immediately, I can post to that effect or let Lobo handle it. I haven't been able to follow closely today, but let me know if you need anything from me.
Jack VII
I'll post something up IC. I mainly wanted to see if Amy was okay with doing overwatch on Overkill while he's in VR and Jack is trying to infiltrate the shipping company. It would also be really helpful if she cast Invisibility on him. I'll put it all in the IC.
Chrome Head
I'll make the roll myself this time, in case I need to change my IC post for exceptionally bad dice rolls.

F5 Invis
14d6.hits(5)=6

Successes reduced to 5 by limit, and I'm not sure offhand if this means that the drain is physical (because #hits > Force) or if it is still stun (because the rule is #hits > Magic).
So either 3S or 3P.
13d6.hits(5)=3

She successfully soaks, but I'll double check the rule tomorrow morning anyway, I need to know this.
Jack VII
The Drain DV code is determined after the limit is applied (so the number of hits you're basing it on is 5 rather than 6). It's based on # of hits > Magic rather than Force. Basically, as long as you're casting a spell with a Force less than or equal to your Magic (and don't use Edge or Reagents to break your limit or set it higher than your Magic), you're only going to take Stun.

@Lobo: I'm leaving it there for now. The plan is to go to the west fence, scale it (for the concertina, this might be a case where I turn off the activesoft and "use the Force" by rolling Attribute + Edge - 1 Defaulting w/Exploding Sixes, with a ghostly image of Nic's head floating next to me), weave through the trucks to get a close firing solution to the patrol guard, take cover, take Aim for two actions, wait for Overkill to freeze the camera pointing south, single-shot Called Shot (Vitals), shoot him again normally if I get to go again due to surprise, slip over to the body and hide it under the car, sneak up to the guard shack, slip in, and use subduing combat to keep the guy from sounding the alarm and eventually knocking him out with stun damage.
Lobo0705
Okay - so some rolls:

First up:
Climbing+Agility to get over the wire:
7d6.hits(5)=3

Nice roll smile.gif

You hit the threshold of 3 and so climb over the wire without gashing yourself.

Next up, Stealth test to make it through the parking lot - this is purely sound based - I'm making sure you don't glitch really:

9d6.hits(5)=2

You are fine smile.gif

Overkill locks the camera in place, next up, you take aim for 2 actions, and we have the following dice:

Ag 5 Automatics 4 Smartlink 2 Aim 2 Range Medium (compensated for by Vision Mag) Partial light (compensated for by thermo) Recoil of 1 (easily compensated for) but Called Shot, so -4 dice =9 dice

9d6.hits(5)=6

Again - excellent roll smile.gif Accuracy of 4 +4 (2 for the smartgun and 2 for the aim actions) means all 6 hits count.

DV=9+2 for called shot+6 for net hits (as he doesn't get to dodge, -2 for ammo for a total of 15S AP 7

Target's Body + Armor after AP=6
6d6.hits(5)=2

So he takes 13 boxes of Stun - rendering him unconscious immediately smile.gif (Plus a box or two of physical overflow - but he'll be fine)

You slip over and slide the body under the car and sneak to the guard post. Again, the guard isn't really paying attention to what is behind him - so a quick test to make sure you don't glitch
9d6.hits(5)=3

You get to the booth and slip up behind him.

Unarmed 4 + Agi 5 - he gets no defense test since he is unaware of the attack
9d6.hits(5)=1

Wow - that was close - and it was something you couldn't edge on - lucky he had no idea you were there!

At this point - given the guard's dice pool in Unarmed - 6 - he can't actually succeed in breaking your grip, since he has a threshold of 8 (your strength of 7 + 1 net hit).

Which means that after 2 or 3 IPs, he is going to take enough Stun damage to go down.

Would you like to write up your success?

ETA - I somehow completely missed the fact that you wanted to Edge the Climbing test - and you succeeded without it - the dice gods are with you today!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012