Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Lobo0705
Hello all,

Just wanted to give you a heads up, I've got the next scene all ready to go, but I didn't want to rush Chrome to be finished before he was ready. Once I either get word from him that he is ready to fast forward to the meet, I'll have the next post up and ready to go.
Chrome Head
I'm 100% good to go. Just a headsup: I'm in the pacific time zone, so mornings start late for me.
DrZaius
Grease will be taking his Ford Americar to the meet. His doberman drone will be in the trunk. He will be wearing his Actioneer Business Suit, carrying his RCC, his Colt American L36 (loaded with regular ammo) in the concealable holster, his micro-transceiver, meta link commlink, and tag eraser. In the glove box of his car will be 2 doses of Novacoke, his Fly-Spy 1 drone, and his micro-skimmer.

This is presuming he doesn't have to cross any borders to get to the meet; he probably won't try to cross a major border with a combat drone armed with an assault rifle if that were the case (at least not for just a meet).

EDIT: Still no word from Invisible castle. I may PM Redjack; I think they know the site's admin (they messaged them when IC went down over the holiday).

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 21 2014, 12:43 PM) *
Grease will be taking his Ford Americar to the meet. His doberman drone will be in the trunk. He will be wearing his Actioneer Business Suit, carrying his RCC, his Colt American L36 (loaded with regular ammo) in the concealable holster, his micro-transceiver, meta link commlink, and tag eraser. In the glove box of his car will be 2 doses of Novacoke, his Fly-Spy 1 drone, and his micro-skimmer.

This is presuming he doesn't have to cross any borders to get to the meet; he probably won't try to cross a major border with a combat drone armed with an assault rifle if that were the case (at least not for just a meet).

I'm going to be putting up a Word doc with important places (including addresses), groups, people, etc. Jack has nicely agreed to update the Google Maps doc for each of these. Grease will not have to cross any borders to get from his house to the Motel, so you should be good to go smile.gif
Always Overkill
I will be turning sleaze up to 6: so that's 6 Sleaze, 5 Firewall, 5 Data Processing, 3 Attack

Programs: Encryption, Signal Scrub, and my Agent 4 is running silent doing unopposed Matrix Perception checks, keeping an eye out for other hackers

He has all his equipment, including his Machine Pistol (Stick & Shock ammo) and SMG (Explosive Ammo), joining his standard items as slaved to his Deck, except his jammers and sequencer, which he leaves at home.

Drave will drive he and Amy to the Motel on his BMW Falke-72 "Falcon" Motorcycle and arrive shortly before 8 to begin scoping the place out.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 21 2014, 01:20 PM) *
I will be turning sleaze up to 6: so that's 6 Sleaze, 5 Firewall, 5 Data Processing, 3 Attack

Programs: Encryption, Signal Scrub, and my Agent 4 is running silent doing unopposed Matrix Perception checks, keeping an eye out for other hackers

He has all his equipment, including his Machine Pistol (Stick & Shock ammo) and SMG (Explosive Ammo), joining his standard items as slaved to his Deck, except his jammers and sequencer, which he leaves at home.

Drave will drive he and Amy to the Motel on his BMW Falke-72 "Falcon" Motorcycle and arrive shortly before 8 to begin scoping the place out.

Ok - meant to ask you before, what does your Persona look like? How about your Agent?
Jack VII
Quick question: Can any device be set to running silent? If so, I am going to set everything I have to running silent with the exception of my commlink.

Also, if needed: Negotiation Test: Negotiation (3) + CHA (3) [Social 4] = (6d6.hits(5)=1)

P.S. I should probably let everyone know that I have TERRIBLE luck with Invisible Castle. It's an on-going joke in the other PbP in which I'm playing.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 21 2014, 02:37 PM) *
Quick question: Can any device be set to running silent? If so, I am going to set everything I have to running silent with the exception of my commlink.

AFAIK, silent = turn wireless off, and yes you can do that to any device, while losing whatever bonus that provides you otherwise. And some things just don't work at all when they're not wireless enabled.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 21 2014, 01:37 PM) *

Yes, all devices can be set to running silent.

Running silent is not = to wireless off, it means that the icon is simply not broadcasting its position.

Edit: In general, there is no reason whatsoever to run with anything that does not perform matrix actions (such as decks, commlinks, and RCCs) NOT silent.
Jack VII
Thanks!

P.S. As a rider to my earlier bad luck notification: Friends don't let friends roll 2D6 on a test w/a 50% glitch rule. Your chance to critically glitch is right at 1 in 5, even higher than rolling one die! LOL
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 21 2014, 01:55 PM) *
Thanks!

P.S. As a rider to my earlier bad luck notification: Friends don't let friends roll 2D6 on a test w/a 50% glitch rule. Your chance to critically glitch is right at 1 in 5, even higher than rolling one die! LOL

Lol - duly noted - make sure you are rolling at least 3 dice then smile.gif

Your negotiation test was enough - even with 1 success. You can go ahead and write up the next IC, the cab driver will stick around for an hour.
Jack VII
Awesome.

Oh snap, did we ever roll starting nuyen.gif? Let me rephrase that. I never rolled starting nuyen.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 21 2014, 02:03 PM) *
Awesome.

Oh snap, did we ever roll starting nuyen.gif? Let me rephrase that. I never rolled starting nuyen.gif

Ok - no worries - go ahead and roll it up smile.gif
Jack VII
Starting Nuyen (Multiples of 60): (3d6=6)

Wow, I critically glitched my nuyen.gif roll. 360 nuyen.gif it is!
DrZaius
IC post is up. Grease is down to 4 doses of Novacoke.

New stats (for the next 7 hours (3 AM)):
Reaction: 8
Charisma: 7
Perception: 5
Social Limit: 8
High Pain Tolerance 1

-DrZ

EDIT: Still no word from invisible castle. PM'd Redjack to see if he knew the guy, waiting to hear back. Very strange.
Jack VII
I've heard they have had issues for several months now.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 21 2014, 02:31 PM) *
I've heard they have had issues for several months now.

Well, I could roll as a guest; I'd just prefer to roll in the campaign if that's what Lobo wants.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Given the difficulty in everyone getting access to the website, for now we'll just do away with having to worry about the Campaign - you guys can roll as Guests - its no big deal.

If everyone was all set up and ready to go, then we could use the Campaign page, but it isn't that important - I'd rather everyone just be able to roll their own dice smile.gif

Edit - I've added the Campaign Locations document - Please feel free to update information on your own apartments smile.gif

As more locations are encountered, I'll keep updating the document.
Always Overkill
I believe that I have a couple Perception and Matrix Perception tests before Drave goes in.

Matrix Perception: 9d6 → [6,6,3,4,2,5,2,4,3] = (35) (3 hits)
Perception: 7d6 → [4,3,1,4,4,3,1] = (20) (I NOTICE NOTHING!)
Lobo0705
@Overkill,

Your sweep of the hotel with thermo does not pick up anything unusual. the walls are think enough to prevent you from picking up heat signatures through them, and outside the ambient temperature is around 95 degrees smile.gif

Still, you are fairly confident no one is lurking outside.

In AR there a fair number of icons, door locks, lights, etc that can be seen on the hotel, and you can see the icons of the commlinks of the 3 men outside the Stuffer Shack
Chrome Head
Physical description of Amy for anyone interested
[ Spoiler ]

I think I should actually let the GM make perception-like rolls for my character, as I like to keep the suspense.

Perception: Int 5 + Per 4 + power 2 = 11 dice
Astra perception: Int 5 + Assensing 2 + power 2 = 9 dice
Lobo0705
@Chrome - that's fine. If others would like to do it that way, that would be fine with me as well.

Your perception test does not indicate anything other than what I have already described.

Your astral sight shows several spirits and watchers traveling back and forth on various errands, but none seem to pay you any mind.
Lobo0705
Ok - so from what I see, the order of arrival is Jack, Grease, and then Amy and Overkill.

Basically whenever you are ready, Jim is going to take you to the meet - but I don't want to step on toes or rush the RP interaction. You guys can just let me know when you are done introducing yourselves/catching up.

I believe, if I have your backgrounds correct, that Jack knows Amy, who knows Overkill - and all of you know Chapel.

Jack VII
That sounds right. I believe Overkill and Jack know each other in a very passing manner.
Chrome Head
And by the way Chapel called Overkill but not Amy, perhaps Amy and Chapel have never actually met? Is he really my contact already? That wasn't clear to me.
Lobo0705
I would say they haven't officially met, no, but Overkill and Jack have both talked about you, that is why I gave them a Loyalty of 2 (they've worked with him before on a couple of missions) and Grease a Loyalty of 3 - to reflect the "He Knows a Guy" Quality, and idea they are a little more than business partners - while Amy only has him as Loyalty 1.
Chrome Head
If you're annoyed with me calling for assensing tests, tell me right away.

Otherwise, I'll call one on Grease since Amy's never seen him before and reading his aura is what she would do as soon as she would have an opportunity to do so without arousing suspicions. 9 dice.

And I can tell you right now it's also the first thing she'll do when she sees our Johnson. wink.gif
Jack VII
Alright everyone, the Google Map has been updated with everyone's digs (pending final approval from Lobo). The "A Note About the Map" doc has the hyperlink for it. The Motel 6 is also marked. I've got a thing I have to go do, but when I get home I plan to drop an ARO on the park where the rally is going to take place in a few days since Jack has a calendar event for the rally.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 21 2014, 05:04 PM) *
If you're annoyed with me calling for assensing tests, tell me right away.

Otherwise, I'll call one on Grease since Amy's never seen him before and reading his aura is what she would do as soon as she would have an opportunity to do so without arousing suspicions. 9 dice.

And I can tell you right now it's also the first thing she'll do when she sees our Johnson. wink.gif

Not at all - part of the fun of Shadowrun is that between the characters they are existing in a Virtual, Astral and Physical world, all overlaying one another.

So, you can tell Grease is:

Mundane
Has cyberware in his brain and near his spinal cord.
His mood - which I'll have to let Grease answer on that one.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 21 2014, 05:17 PM) *
Alright everyone, the Google Map has been updated with everyone's digs (pending final approval from Lobo). The "A Note About the Map" doc has the hyperlink for it. The Motel 6 is also marked. I've got a thing I have to go do, but when I get home I plan to drop an ARO on the park where the rally is going to take place in a few days since Jack has a calendar event for the rally.

Thanks again Jack!
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 21 2014, 05:39 PM) *
Not at all - part of the fun of Shadowrun is that between the characters they are existing in a Virtual, Astral and Physical world, all overlaying one another.

So, you can tell Grease is:

Mundane
Has cyberware in his brain and near his spinal cord.
His mood - which I'll have to let Grease answer on that one.

Grease is feeling 60% confident, 20% excited, 20% anxious.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 21 2014, 06:09 PM) *
Grease is feeling 60% confident, 20% excited, 20% anxious.

Ha I like that guy already.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 21 2014, 05:04 PM) *

Your assensing the Johnson shows that he is also a mundane (get used to this, most of the people you will meet in my campaign are NOT magically active.)
He has cyberware, mostly headware, although some bodyware that could be muscle replacement.
His mood is calm, as if he's done this before, although there is a tinge of disgust/pity when he looks at Grease.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 21 2014, 06:56 PM) *
(get used to this, most of the people you will meet in my campaign are NOT magically active.)

I know and it's gonna make these all the more exciting when the result comes back "awakened"!
DrZaius
Saving to edit with some etiquette rolls etc. for my IC post.

-DrZ

EDIT: Etiquette to try and clear up the Vice cop being disgusted by the sight of Grease and repair his reputation as a fair dealer.

I'm going to presume some modifiers here; feel free to re-roll by adding/subtracting dice as you see fit given the circumstances.

NPC's attitude towards the PC is: Hostile, "Why is this jackass high?" (-3)
Character's desired result is advantageous to the subject, "get the rest of the group to agree to the job", (+1)

Etiquette 5 + Charisma 7 + Tailored Pheremones 1 - 2 (Above Modifiers) = 11 dice vs. Social Limit of 8.

11d6.hits(5)=3
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 21 2014, 06:08 PM) *

I have yet to read the IC post and I am already looking forward to it.

If needed to establish a baseline rapport with CPT Ramirez: Establishing Baseline Rapport: Etiquette (3) + CHA (3) (6d6.hits(5)=1)
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 21 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Saving to edit with some etiquette rolls etc. for my IC post.

-DrZ

EDIT: Etiquette to try and clear up the Vice cop being disgusted by the sight of Grease and repair his reputation as a fair dealer.

I'm going to presume some modifiers here; feel free to re-roll by adding/subtracting dice as you see fit given the circumstances.

Character's desired result is advantageous to the subject, "get the rest of the group to agree to the job", (+1)

Etiquette 5 + Charisma 7 + Tailored Pheremones 1 - 2 (Above Modifiers) = 11 dice vs. Social Limit of 8.

11d6.hits(5)=3

Ok - so Ramirez rolls Perception + Charisma: 8d6

8d6.hits(5)=3

So, with no net hits, your attempt to sway him toward your side unfortunately does not work.

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 21 2014, 07:08 PM) *
I have yet to read the IC post and I am already looking forward to it.

LOL smile.gif

Always Overkill
Skipped rolling on looking over Grease and Jack, (I can just look at their sheets/posts and see what Overkill would see as far as AROs and other wireless devices,) When we were doing the approach to the room.
Need a Matrix Perception to look Ramirez over for AROs and other wireless devices. That's Computer (5) + Intuition (3)= 8d6- the penalty for this fragged up Grid

hmmm...

Invisible Castle is COMPLETELY down, need to do a roll for my Bug Scanner: Electronic Warfare (6)+ Logic (8... Oh boy, I love Logic rolls these days.)= 14d6 (unless there is a penalty I am forgetting, and there probably is.) If you just want
to roll this Lobo, to help keep things moving, please roll away.
Lobo0705
I rolled your bug scanner the old fashioned way smile.gif

Your scanner does not pick up any bugs - of the electronic kind. There very well may be legions of the insect variety lurking in the walls.
Jack VII
FYI: The Google Map has been updated with a demarcation of the Aurora Warrens area.
Always Overkill
I am having a hard time not responding with, "You had me at Conspiracy." rotfl.gif
DrZaius
Saved to roll negotiation for IC post.

EDIT: You can reply to Jack's question first; I gotta go run an errand and will be back in a while.
-DrZ
Jack VII
After the captain responds, I am going to throw in a bit seeking to up the advance. With the expectation that Grease is going to be leading the overall negotiations, I wanted to treat this as a teamwork test with Grease being the leader.

IC is down, but Jack has 6 or 8 dice to roll on the Teamwork test, depending on whether this is considered a work contract (it seemed the best option considering the specialties as bargaining would seem to apply to buying/selling).

ETA: I also edited my question to the captain about a timeline.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 22 2014, 09:23 AM) *
After the captain responds, I am going to throw in a bit seeking to up the advance. With the expectation that Grease is going to be leading the overall negotiations, I wanted to treat this as a teamwork test with Grease being the leader.

IC is down, but Jack has 6 or 8 dice to roll on the Teamwork test, depending on whether this is considered a work contract (it seemed the best option considering the specialties as bargaining would seem to apply to buying/selling).

ETA: I also edited my question to the captain about a timeline.

Sounds good. I think the Captain and myself aren't seeing eye to eye, so if the group asks a bunch of the questions I was planning to, it might be more useful than to have me ask them all at once (if that makes sense).

It occurs to me it would have been smart for us to message each other ahead of time so we can talk IG over our commlinks smile.gif
Jack VII
I'm not sure I would have trusted you with my commcode yet, LOL.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 22 2014, 09:36 AM) *
It occurs to me it would have been smart for us to message each other ahead of time so we can talk IG over our commlinks smile.gif

I was thinking that exact same thing.

Is there any roll I need to make to process the info in the files and overlay the details over a map of the area for everyone in the crew to look at?

Drave had ALOT of questions he wanted to ask, details from the murders, links between vics and suspects, possible conspirators, etc. but was holding off to see what the Captain offers. The files give a
start to a lot of the answers, I will need a moment to compile some more follow-ups.

Perhaps it would be prudent for us to keep the meet brief and get back to the captain with the follow-up questions we will certainly generate during our game-planning session. (Perhaps he doesn't have
much time to stick around...)
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 22 2014, 10:13 AM) *
I was thinking that exact same thing.

Is there any roll I need to make to process the info in the files and overlay the details over a map of the area for everyone in the crew to look at?

Drave had ALOT of questions he wanted to ask, details from the murders, links between vics and suspects, possible conspirators, etc. but was holding off to see what the Captain offers. The files give a
start to a lot of the answers, I will need a moment to compile some more follow-ups.

No - the data can be freely manipulated, no rolls necessary. Jack has been great so far at updating the google map for everyone smile.gif

DrZaius
(Darn invisible castle being down!)

Street Drug Knowledge Roll after examining the pill: Skill (2) + Intuition (3) = 5 dice, +/- modifiers

Negotiation: Skill (5) + Charisma (7) + Pheromones (1) = 13 dice, +/- modifiers (Suspicious -1?)

Etiquette: Skill (5) + Charisma (7) + Pheromones (1) = 13 dice, +/- modifiers (still pretty high).

EDIT: What is annoying is when you google for "online dice rollers", everyone recommends invisible castle, and there aren't any alternative suggestions!
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 22 2014, 09:21 AM) *
No - the data can be freely manipulated, no rolls necessary. Jack has been great so far at updating the google map for everyone smile.gif

I'm going to work on getting the location of the murders updated in the chart.

P.S. Most of them are around Grease's apartment. :suspicious:

There used to be one called Vacuum Elemental, but I think it has been gone for a while. Most message boards that do RPG gaming have their own internal dicerollers nowadays.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 22 2014, 10:26 AM) *
I'm going to work on getting the location of the murders updated in the chart.

P.S. Most of them are around Grease's apartment. :suspicious:

Who better to solve the conspiracy than one of the conspirators?

-DrZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012