Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Always Overkill
I agree with Jack & Amy on the plan; Drug Contacts & Nightclub, and if we have time tonight, I can start hacking the security cameras at the crime scenes to get the access to any footage from the times of the murders.

Are we splitting up on these tasks or do we want to do this first night as a group?

Not sure exactly what I am gonna need but I am sure I have a lot of rolls coming up wink.gif
Jack VII
If we're going to the nightclub, we're going to have to split up due to the SIN issue. I imagine we can ditch all of our weapons in Grease's car while we hop a flight to the HUB, since all of us that would be heading to the HUB are currently armed with firearms. Amy is already planning on heading to see Chomsky at some point, so that could work while we're up in 'da club if he's available.

DrZ indicated that Grease would advocate going to the club, so it seems like we have something of a consensus (assuming Chrome Head is cool with Amy doing things by herself).
-Grease tries to setup a meet with his drug contact.
-Grease, Jack, & Overkill hop a shuttle to the HUB to hit up the club.
-Amy tries to setup a meeting with Chomsky to develop more information on pretty much everything else.
-If there's time, Overkill can try to locate the host or devices associated with the Greenville Tower apartment complex to see if we can pull some video from the night of Officer Thomas' murder.

Lobo: If you want to identify where the air taxi launch point is, I can mark it on the map (assuming it is fairly public knowledge).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 23 2014, 11:27 AM) *
Would that put undue scrutiny on my fake SIN? I'm trying to get a feel for whether there is just no way to bring a weapon of any stripe into the Hub.

If you bring a restricted weapon on which you have a license for, then there will be a fairly strong check. A rating 3 or 4 fake SIN will probably stand up to the scrutiny, but with dice you never know. A level 1 or 2 would be VERY risky.

For a legal weapon, such as a taser, then they do not check your SIN, since anyone can carry it.
Jack VII
Awesome, thanks! So if we HAD tasers, we could bring them without much issue, good to know.
Chrome Head
Of course I'm fine with it, and Amy is too. It's my/her fault for not having a SIN, and a known consequence to the character design. She's SINless to start the game, even lacking fake SINs, and she's poor as hell, which explains her preoccupation with money being received.

Lobo, where do you think Amy can find Chomsky at this time of day? Should she try to contact him over commlink?
Lobo0705
@Jack

In a meeting for the next 45 minutes or so - will update the Campaign Locations file when I get back - the launch point is basically next to the airport for the UCAS zone.

@Chrome

You have a Loyalty 4 connection with Chomsky, so while I don't think you know exactly where he is right now, it would be perfectly normal for you to give him a call.

Always Overkill
I know my Cyberdeck is a very restricted item, I have the licenses and Fake SIN 4 for it. Don't have a taser atm, and the least restricted firearm I have aside from my Streetline Special holdout is my Ares Crusader II machine pistol, which has
a 9R rating, same as my Deck.

Would the gun on top of the deck draw a little too much scrutiny? The thing is I imagine I will have needed to cross many borders in my work, and those 2 would always be on me when working if I could help it. (Except for the Ares Crusader's
Suppressor) I would have had to trust in my Fake SIN holding up.

Normally Drave would not be in favor of sending Amy off on her own while on the job, but the Warrens are HER neighborhood, she has survived here a longtime. And I trust she can meet with a friend in that neighborhood without much problem.
Jack VII
I'm carrying a Streetline Special, albeit one loaded with APDS. The two extra magazines have regular ammo, so I can stash the APDS magazine if I decide to take the Streetline Special with me. I've got a Fake SIN (4) and licenses to go with it, so I hopefully shouldn't have much of a problem getting through. Other than the evidence, the only other R/F items I have are cyberware, and I can't really do anything about that... I do have a license for my restricted cyberware augmentations though.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 11:34 AM) *
@Jack

In a meeting for the next 45 minutes or so - will update the Campaign Locations file when I get back - the launch point is basically next to the airport for the UCAS zone.

I went ahead and dropped an "ARO" at the current site of Denver International Airport. Let me know where you want the terminal located in the Hub and I can drop a point there as well.
Lobo0705
@Overkill and Jack,

Good questions.

I'm going to hold off for crossing sector boundaries for now, as it is more involved, and so I'll stick to the flights from the UCAS Zone to the Hub.

If you check a weapon (or any restricted item for that matter, such as a deck), they are going to run it through a scanner, and check your SIN for licenses. If it is a Forbidden weapon or ammo, you are screwed, since you can't legally carry it (so APDS is a no-no). I suppose you could try and hide the ammo on your person and see if the metal detectors don't pick it up, but that is too risky for my tastes.

When they look at your licenses, the availability doesn't really factor into it - if you license holds up, great, if not, then you are in trouble and the guards with the shotguns show up.

Mechanics wise, the device rating on the scanner they use is only 2 (since it is travel within the same sector), so I would roll 4 dice, and for a rating 4 fake SIN, it only becomes a problem if I roll 4 successes. A rating 3 fake SIN I would only need 3 successes (still unlikely on 4 dice).

However, there is a risk, and I don't want to minimize the problem should the dice happen to come up all 4 hits on 4 dice - you ability to get away is probably going to be minimal.

Does that answer all your questions? If not, please ask smile.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 23 2014, 01:26 PM) *
I went ahead and dropped an "ARO" at the current site of Denver International Airport. Let me know where you want the terminal located in the Hub and I can drop a point there as well.

The terminal in the Hub is at Union Station.

The terminal for the Sioux shuttle is at the corner of Blake and 22nd.

The dividing line in the Hub is E 20th Ave to Broadway. Everything north of that is Sioux, everything south is UCAS.

Edit - the origin terminal for the Sioux shuttle is at Pearson Park where Mineral Road hits Route 85
Jack VII
Thanks, that's pretty much how I figured it worked. Thanks for the clarification. If the dice tie the rating, isn't it reported as a problem, rather than automatic burning? If that is the case, I'm probbly going to go ahead and go in with my firearm, but without the APDS ammo, naturally. I paid for this Fake SIN (4) and licenses, I should proably get my money's worth out of it.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 12:46 PM) *
The terminal in the Hub is at Union Station.

The terminal for the Sioux shuttle is at the corner of Blake and 22nd.

The dividing line in the Hub is E 20th Ave to Broadway. Everything north of that is Sioux, everything south is UCAS.

OK, I'm going to match the colors of the Hub sectors with the colors of the respective parent sectors. I'll also drop ait terminal symbols for the other two spots.
Lobo0705
@Jack

You are correct about if the test matches the threshold it simply causes a check - which will require some sort of test, depending on how gung ho the guard is.

Thanks for fixing the map - just an FYI - you must have moved the boundaries a little, if you look at your marker for the Sioux Zone, it actually brings you to the UCAS Zone.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 12:52 PM) *
@Jack

You are correct about if the test matches the threshold it simply causes a check - which will require some sort of test, depending on how gung ho the guard is.

Thanks for fixing the map - just an FYI - you must have moved the boundaries a little, if you look at your marker for the Sioux Zone, it actually brings you to the UCAS Zone.

Well, I just managed to delete the entire CAS sector in its entirety and can't recover it, so I am going to have to work on that first, LOL.
Lobo0705
DrZ indicated that Grease would advocate going to the club, so it seems like we have something of a consensus (assuming Chrome Head is cool with Amy doing things by herself).
-Amy tries to setup a meeting with Chomsky to develop more information on pretty much everything else.
-If there's time, Overkill can try to locate the host or devices associated with the Greenville Tower apartment complex to see if we can pull some video from the night of Officer Thomas' murder.

Is everyone in agreement with this?

If so, then I suggest the following:

1) Amy, go ahead and write an IC post with you doing whatever it is you want prior to contacting Chomsky. If you want to call him and do this over commlink, then the end of you post should be you calling, him answering, and then you asking whatever question it is that you would like, and I'll respond. If you want to do it in person, then assume he can meet you tonight at a location of your choosing - if you have questions about where that might be, post in OOC and I can list potential spots matching what you are looking for, and we can go from there.

2) Grease, you can do the same with regards to Sling, except that if you want to meet in person, let me know, and HE will pick the spot.

3) If we are all in agreement, then someone put up an IC post on how you all plan on getting to Templeton Air, and then list what you are carrying in OOC, and then I'll put up a post including the results of the SIN check. If they pass, then my IC post will end with you getting off at Union Station. If they don't pass, well, then it will end a little differently. Either way, at that point you can then start posting in IC in response.

4) Greenville Tower is in the Warrens - a note about the Warrens, any Zone owned cameras are going to have long ago been destroyed or broken down. There may be some private cameras owned by the Tower, but the coverage is limited. This would apply to basically anywhere inside the Warrens. Not trying to discourage you from your plan, just giving you a heads up.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 23 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Well, I just managed to delete the entire CAS sector in its entirety and can't recover it, so I am going to have to work on that first, LOL.

You should contact the UCAS government immediately. They've been trying to delete the CAS Zone for years wink.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 12:52 PM) *

From what I can tell, it puts the marker in what would be considered the geographic center of the region. The Siuox Zone is problematic due to its shape. Basically, I would only use the zone markers as just a legend.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 23 2014, 02:49 PM) *
From what I can tell, it puts the marker in what would be considered the geographic center of the region. The Siuox Zone is problematic due to its shape. Basically, I would only use the zone markers as just a legend.

No problem - thanks again!
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Is everyone in agreement with this?

If so, then I suggest the following:

1) Amy, go ahead and write an IC post with you doing whatever it is you want prior to contacting Chomsky. If you want to call him and do this over commlink, then the end of you post should be you calling, him answering, and then you asking whatever question it is that you would like, and I'll respond. If you want to do it in person, then assume he can meet you tonight at a location of your choosing - if you have questions about where that might be, post in OOC and I can list potential spots matching what you are looking for, and we can go from there.

2) Grease, you can do the same with regards to Sling, except that if you want to meet in person, let me know, and HE will pick the spot.

3) If we are all in agreement, then someone put up an IC post on how you all plan on getting to Templeton Air, and then list what you are carrying in OOC, and then I'll put up a post including the results of the SIN check. If they pass, then my IC post will end with you getting off at Union Station. If they don't pass, well, then it will end a little differently. Either way, at that point you can then start posting in IC in response.

4) Greenville Tower is in the Warrens - a note about the Warrens, any Zone owned cameras are going to have long ago been destroyed or broken down. There may be some private cameras owned by the Tower, but the coverage is limited. This would apply to basically anywhere inside the Warrens. Not trying to discourage you from your plan, just giving you a heads up.

I am in total agreement.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 02:43 PM) *

Yeah of course. Given her knowledge of the area, Amy can easily determine a relatively safe spot to grab a cup of coffee or a drink and talk it up with Chomsky. I personally don't know, however, so just let me know what would make sense according to my PC's understanding and I'll post IC at the spot, assuming Chomsky can make it tonight.

Oh and btw, Amy will take one of the pills with her so that she can show him.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 23 2014, 02:05 PM) *
Yeah of course. Given her knowledge of the area, Amy can easily determine a relatively safe spot to grab a cup of coffee or a drink and talk it up with Chomsky. I personally don't know, however, so just let me know what would make sense according to my PC's understanding and I'll post IC at the spot, assuming Chomsky can make it tonight.

Actually, I'd like Amy to take all of the pills rather than a) leaving them in unsecured while we're in the Hub or b) trying to take them with us through security at the Airport.

Lobo: So, according to the map, Union Station is pretty solidly in Sioux territory. Is there some kind of secured maglev or something that takes UCAS passengers from the terminal to the UCAS sector? I'm updating the map. The description of the Hub area is not all that great considering many of the streets used as boundaries don't connect with one another. I am trying to adjust for cross streets/etc. I'm done with the Sioux area and am working on the UCAS sector.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 23 2014, 03:05 PM) *

Ok - only thing is without a SIN, you are going to be relying on buying something for cash/certified cred in the Warrens, which is most likely a beer at a dive bar rather than a coffee at a 2075 Starbucks equivalent smile.gif

So, South Dunkirk and E. Pacific, "Curtnicks" - see the description in the Campaign Locations file - Wendy is on staff tonight.

Curtnicks:
Owned and run by a large troll called "Old One-eye", this bar caters to all sorts of Warrens' customers. No one knows One-eye's history, rumors abound that he is ex-special forces, or an ex-hitman, or an ex-Urban Brawl player - there are many to pick from. All anyone can agree upon is that it is the foolish soul who starts trouble in the bar. Curtnicks falls in a no-man's land between the Front's and the Vory, neither side willing to upset the peace by claiming this stretch of territory, so One-eye handles his own security. Most of what is available is synthol, but for a high fee, One-eye can sometimes get his hands on the real thing. At any given time staff is One-eye and a single waitress - there are three in total, all human, all Caucasian - named Wendy, Sara, and Emily - the service is relatively quick and friendly.

Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 23 2014, 03:31 PM) *
Lobo: So, according to the map, Union Station is pretty solidly in Sioux territory. Is there some kind of secured maglev or something that takes UCAS passengers from the terminal to the UCAS sector? I'm updating the map. The description of the Hub area is not all that great considering many of the streets used as boundaries don't connect with one another. I am trying to adjust for cross streets/etc. I'm done with the Sioux area and am working on the UCAS sector.

Jack - the map of the Hub is off. The border starts in the northwest where 20th street hits route 25. the northern side of 20th street is Sioux, the southern side is UCAS. The border runs SE down 20th Street (Coors Field is in Sioux Territory) until it hits Broadway, and then runs south.

Everything east of Broadway is Sioux, everything west of Broadway (and still south of 20th street) is UCAS.

Probably my fault for not describing it better - but the boundary is much cleaner, and it puts Union Station firmly in UCAS territory.
Chrome Head
I assume Amy has her starting nuyen in cash. When you get a chance, can you roll those 2d6 x 40 for me please?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 02:41 PM) *
Jack - the map of the Hub is off. The border starts in the northwest where 20th street hits route 25. the northern side of 20th street is Sioux, the southern side is UCAS. The border runs SE down 20th Street (Coors Field is in Sioux Territory) until it hits Broadway, and then runs south.

Everything east of Broadway is Sioux, everything west of Broadway (and still south of 20th street) is UCAS.

Probably my fault for not describing it better - but the boundary is much cleaner, and it puts Union Station firmly in UCAS territory.

OK. I was going of the four streets denoted in the Dropbox document. So the dividing line is basically 20th Street and Broadway. I think I got it now. makes the boundary WAY easier to draw, LOL. I still think it is weird that Pepsi Center and half of the rest of downtown isn't in the Hub. (Basically, I am asking you to check the western part of the hub I have to drawn to see if that is correct.
Chrome Head
I took the liberty to fast forward a little, I suppose something similar should be done to get you all to the air taxi service.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 23 2014, 03:05 PM) *
I took the liberty to fast forward a little, I suppose something similar should be done to get you all to the air taxi service.

I'm about to work on a post. Still screwing around with the map.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 23 2014, 03:51 PM) *
I assume Amy has her starting nuyen in cash. When you get a chance, can you roll those 2d6 x 40 for me please?

No problem - you have 360 nuyen smile.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 23 2014, 03:52 PM) *
OK. I was going of the four streets denoted in the Dropbox document. So the dividing line is basically 20th Street and Broadway. I think I got it now. makes the boundary WAY easier to draw, LOL. I still think it is weird that Pepsi Center and half of the rest of downtown isn't in the Hub. (Basically, I am asking you to check the western part of the hub I have to drawn to see if that is correct.

I see what you mean. Why don't you extend the boundary to the Platte River to the west, and keep the southern boundary as West Colfax. It means the UCAS has a bigger chunk of the Hub than the Sioux, but that probably is accurate given the differential in respective political power between the two nations.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 23 2014, 03:22 PM) *
I see what you mean. Why don't you extend the boundary to the Platte River to the west, and keep the southern boundary as West Colfax. It means the UCAS has a bigger chunk of the Hub than the Sioux, but that probably is accurate given the differential in respective political power between the two nations.

Cool, I was going to suggest that since the river seems a natural boundary.
Lobo0705
Just an FYI - will be AFK for a couple hours will log back in around 8:00 EST or so.
Jack VII
I've updated the map. I'm done with it for the moment. If there are additional adjustments that need to be made, just let me know.

I also posted Jack's IC post getting him from the Motel 6 to the Air-Taxi terminal. One thing I did not include as it would probably take place in the car, but Jack would like to run a Matrix Search on QXT to see what kind of nightclub it is, preferably while in a no-static/no-spam zone (3d6 if that is the case). Who knows, this place could be a bondage club or something, in which case only Overkill is going to fit in... wink.gif

I've got a thing tonight, so I probably won't be posting between 5:30 and 10:30 CST.
Lobo0705
You find the QXT site and it indicates the following:

QXTs is Denver's longest running alternative dance club and has been in business for over 20 years. The club is open every night, with each night offering a variety of musical genres such as New Wave, 80's, Goth, Industrial, Dark Wave, Alternative, Deathrock, Punk and Rock just to name a few. Besides the main dance floor, there are two additional rooms which have been dubbed Area 51 and The Crypt, each with a diverse musical flare, and and plethora of characters and personalities to compliment the inviting atmosphere.

The club is open from 10:00pm until 3:00am. You need to be at least 21 years old to enter. There is usually parking available on the street if you arrive early enough, but there are also two additional pay lots within in a one block distance from the club which offers safe attended parking.

I've added pictures to the Dropbox under "Places" that include pictures of what it looks like inside.
Lobo0705
OK - so I just need Grease and Overkill to post exactly what they are bringing, and I can make their tests, and write their entry onto the plane and the subsequent landing of the plane in the Hub.
DrZaius
Sorry for the late post, I got on the road much later than I would have preferred. Greas well take no restricted items to speed stuff up. I will post ic first thing tomorrow morning.

Edit: actually, he's bringing his commlink, rcc, suit and two small drones. Everything else he'll lock in the cab.

To clarify, his license will need to beat a rating two security system for the rcc to get through?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 23 2014, 10:09 PM) *
Sorry for the late post, I got on the road much later than I would have preferred. Greas well take no restricted items to speed stuff up. I will post ic first thing tomorrow morning.

Edit: actually, he's bringing his commlink, rcc, suit and two small drones. Everything else he'll lock in the cab.

To clarify, his license will need to beat a rating two security system for the rcc to get through?

Exactly
Chrome Head
Hey just a heads up, a rating 3 license/fake SIN fails the test against a rating 2 sensor (4 dice) 9.9% of the time (8:81 odds). For a rating 4 license/fake SIN it's still a 1.23% failure rate (1:81). All this just in case anyone cares smile.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 24 2014, 01:01 AM) *
Hey just a heads up, a rating 3 license/fake SIN fails the test against a rating 2 sensor (4 dice) 9.9% of the time (8:81 odds). For a rating 4 license/fake SIN it's still a 1.23% failure rate (1:81). All this just in case anyone cares smile.gif

I've got a rating 4 fake SIN / License. Knock on wood!

If it's alright with everyone, I've asked Lobo to fast forward to us getting to the club once we've all successfully boarded the plane prior to my posting IC. Of course, That means we need to successfully get on the plane and to the club first...

-DrZ
Jack VII
I'm good with that.
Lobo0705
Ok - IC post is up, I'm happy to report that all of you passed your SIN checks smile.gif

Any questions, as always, please ask smile.gif
Always Overkill
So who wants to do the talking?

Sadly Drave's actual Social Skills are somewhat lacking.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 24 2014, 10:20 AM) *
So who wants to do the talking?

Sadly Drave's actual Social Skills are somewhat lacking.

I'm fine doing the talking, but I wanted to reach out IC to see what ideas / schemes you guys came up with. Additionally, if there's a way to gather any other information on the two bouncers, then that would probably help us interview them more.

I think my play is to say we were "hired by the family to conduct a private investigation". Do we need to get him away from the other bouncer somehow? Do we need to cause a distraction? These are the things I'm thinking about.

-DrZ

EDIT: @ Jack- wasn't the paul candle / emily sanders stuff in the Lonestar file that Ramirez handed over?

Jack VII
I responded IC. I think that they're going to be not very open to engaging in conversation while they're working. With that said, if we somehow involved ourselves in their job (possibly by causing a ruckus in line and forcing Candle to deal with us) we might be able to talk with him one-on-one. I think that Overkill could probably head inside to locate the woman and possibly hack the club's devices/host to see if there is a surveillance system. It might also help if he does that and deletes any footage of us causing problems outside, if we go that direction.

ETA: @ Dr.Z Maybe it was in the post, it definitely wasn't in the actual doc that we have. I'll go take a look and edit my post if that's the case. I'll also update the map notes for the location as well.

ETA: @Dr.Z I don't see anything in the posts. Did you possibly PM a Matrix Search or something to Lobo and got results that we don't know about?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 24 2014, 10:32 AM) *
ETA: @ Dr.Z Maybe it was in the post, it definitely wasn't in the actual doc that we have. I'll go take a look and edit my post if that's the case. I'll also update the map notes for the location as well.

Jack,

Look at the file again - the second page - that is where the name Emily Sanders and Paul Candle are smile.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jan 24 2014, 10:32 AM) *
I responded IC. I think that they're going to be not very open to engaging in conversation while they're working. With that said, if we somehow involved ourselves in their job (possibly by causing a ruckus in line and forcing Candle to deal with us) we might be able to talk with him one-on-one. I think that Overkill could probably head inside to locate the woman and possibly hack the club's devices/host to see if there is a surveillance system. It might also help if he does that and deletes any footage of us causing problems outside, if we go that direction.

There was a 2nd page to the Lonestar file, but if you viewed it via the web I bet you couldn't turn the page. Relevant passage:

"2) The slaying of Officer Mitchell was witnessed by patrons of the nightclub, all of whom refused to identify themselves. Members of the staff were also listed as potential witnesses, especially the doorman, Paul Candle, but are not noted as being interviewed. The report further indicates that Emily Sanders of 865 Havana Street (CAS Zone) was accompanying Officer Mitchell at the time of the shooting, but no attempt was made to reach out across the border either to Ms. Sanders or Knight Errant to obtain further information.."

With my limited hacking experience in SR5, I think he doesn't need to actually go inside- he can just scan the area for devices. If he's got LOS on an object (i.e. if he can see the camera), then he can attempt to gain access to it. Likely something like a Security camera would be running silently, but there are ways of finding those devices as well (so long as he's within a certain distance, I think it's 100 meters).
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 24 2014, 09:37 AM) *
Jack,

Look at the file again - the second page - that is where the name Emily Sanders and Paul Candle are smile.gif

Wow, has there always been a second page? My dropbox folder wasn't synching that file and the Campaign Locations file for a while. It's possible I just completely missed it.

I'll edit my IC post. Thanks!
DrZaius
Just to speed things up, here's the rest of it:

"Lone Star File#2

I have also been able to pull together the following information from the various case files.

1) Witnesses to the slaying of officer Newton include patrons and staff of Schaefer’s a diner across from the crime scene. Also listed as a witness was one Mary Jane Kelly of 1621 Wabash (between E 26th and E 28th). The report mentioned no attempt to find witnesses among the other residents of Officer Newton’s apartment complex.
2) The slaying of Officer Mitchell was witnessed by patrons of the nightclub, all of whom refused to identify themselves. Members of the staff were also listed as potential witnesses, especially the doorman, Paul Candle, but are not noted as being interviewed. The report further indicates that Emily Sanders of 865 Havana Street (CAS Zone) was accompanying Officer Mitchell at the time of the shooting, but no attempt was made to reach out across the border either to Ms. Sanders or Knight Errant to obtain further information..
3) Ballistics test results indicate that the slayings of Officer Newton and Officer Taylor were carried out with the same weapon. That weapon is not in the firearms database, however. Ballistic tests on the slaying of Officers Jackson and Manuel do not match the slugs that were used in the slayings of Newton and Taylor. No tests were carried out in the other three slayings that involved firearms.
"
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 24 2014, 09:38 AM) *
With my limited hacking experience in SR5, I think he doesn't need to actually go inside- he can just scan the area for devices. If he's got LOS on an object (i.e. if he can see the camera), then he can attempt to gain access to it. Likely something like a Security camera would be running silently, but there are ways of finding those devices as well (so long as he's within a certain distance, I think it's 100 meters).

He doesn't need to go inside, but going inside, finding a seat and buying a beer would give him pretty good cover to go VR and get bonuses to his hacking tests rather than trying it on a sidewalk.
Lobo0705
LOL - yep, the second page has been there the whole time - sorry you missed it!

Perhaps Jack's memory loss is more pervasive than he thought?

On a side note, Overkill, remember that it is like 75 degrees out (down from about 95 during the day). Wearing a woolen coat is going to be torture, not to mention make you look really odd.

Since you haven't actually been shot at yet, (not that you are necessarily going to be, mind you) - you may want to rethink what you are wearing and edit your IC posts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012