Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
Fair point. Aimed short burst, please and thank you.
Lobo0705
[quote name='Lobo0705' date='Oct 9 2014, 08:46 PM' post='1301428']
Ok, so Amy commands the spirit to make Jack, Grease, and Overkill run faster. Using a skill is a Complex Action, so you cannot use Intimidate to try and get the guard to run away. You can yell something at him, but that is about it.

Grease (-1 for wounds)
1d6+9=14
Jack (-2 for wounds)
2d6+5=12
Guard
1d6+8=11

His Ag + Auto is 7. He can get +1 for Aiming, -5 dice for wounds, disorientation and running.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Smartgun DOES work, because they talk about how corporations are still the owners of the equipment that their employees use, so as long as Jack invited Grease to put a Mark on it (and you had plenty of time to do that in the elevator, so no worries there), it should work.

That gives him 1 extra die, for a total of 4 dice
4d6.hits(5)=0

Well, a lot of fire downrange, but no hits. Let's see what happens when the Jack Express comes to town!
AGI (5) + Unarmed (4) + Charge (2) - Wounds (2) - Called Shot (4)
5d6.hits(5)=2

Guard dodges
React + Int=8, -2 for 3rd attack, -2 for reach
4d6.hits(5)=0

Choo! Choo!

Compare Strength + Net hits=7 to physical limit of 6 - success!

ETA - sorry Strength + Net=9 - even bigger success smile.gif
Jack VII
Hahahaha... I like to think Jack made one of those arm pumping motions that people do to rig drivers to get them to blow their horns right before barreling through that dude, Pork Chop Express Style. Not that it matters, but my STR + net hits should be 9, I think? If this is a shove, I think it would matter how far he gets pushed back, plus falling to the ground. I just don't know if you can combine all of that... I'm happy with it either way.

These are honestly some of my favorite moments in RPGs, doing the weird stuff. I played a Half-Orc in a 3.5 game for a bit and my favorite moment was disarming a guy who had a knife with my bare hands.
Lobo0705
The oddball stuff is fun - especially when it works!

He could have just as easily have dodged you and then shot you in the head as you rolled by him!

The Guard is going to have to stand up (since he is not wounded that doesn't count as a test, but it still takes up an action), and then he will draw his pistol.

The distance to the door was 60 feet, or around 20 meters. The slowest of you is Grease and Amy, who only run about 12 meters per turn, Overkill will have kept pace with Amy, making sure she is ok (as he feels more protective toward her than to Jack).

Jack himself is already outside, as his run distance is 20 meters.

Spirit of Man when it manifests it loses 1d6 initiative 1d6=5 and then adds 2, so it loses 3 from its initiative and then 10 more when it goes to the 2nd IP - for a total of 5

Amy (-2 for wounds) 12
Overkill (-1 for wounds) 8
Spirit of Man 5
Grease (-1 for wounds) 4
Jack (-2 for wounds) 2
Guard 1

Actions?
Jack VII
I'm going to assume that the others can handle this dude, so Jack is going to keep the mission in mind and make a bee-line for the truck.

Hmm... I guess that would involve a sprint action since I already moved my max distance? I don't have that ActiveSoft slotted (although, I guess had I considered it, I would have swapped out all of my firearms Softs for other things. I kept Unarmed up since there are enemies about, but that leaves 8 slots for softs).

If I have a free action available to slot it, I think I have Running (3).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 10:21 AM) *
I'm going to assume that the others can handle this dude, so Jack is going to keep the mission in mind and make a bee-line for the truck.

Hmm... I guess that would involve a sprint action since I already moved my max distance? I don't have that ActiveSoft slotted (although, I guess had I considered it, I would have swapped out all of my firearms Softs for other things. I kept Unarmed up since there are enemies about, but that leaves 8 slots for softs).

If I have a free action available to slot it, I think I have Running (3).

You definitely have a Free Action - as you didn't use one last IP (or this IP yet).
Chrome Head
Amy will cast Clout F6 at the guard with the pistol drawn, unless that slows down her running.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 10 2014, 09:55 AM) *
You definitely have a Free Action - as you didn't use one last IP (or this IP yet).

I would have used my free action(s) last IP to technically both run and perform a called shot (that was what I was alluding to by the game rules not allowing a football special teams player from leveling a kick returner due to action economy). I am assuming you're okay allowing it.

You're supposed to have to spend a free action to run. I am sort of assuming that requirement goes away in any given AP if you're spending a Complex Action to Sprint (requiring that and your free action to also run would be a bit excessive IMO).

So yeah, I'll swap out Pistols (4) with Running (3) and Sprint.
Lobo0705
Ok, Amy Casts Clout Force 6

12 dice normally, -2 for wounds, -2 for disorientation
8d6.hits(5)=3

I'm not sure if she should get the -2 for running, but even if she does, that doesn't affect this roll (the last two dice were misses).

Guard Dodges
8d6.hits(5)=1

So the guard takes Base 6 DV+2 for net hits, with an AP of 6.

He resists
7d6.hits(5)=3

So he takes 5DV Stun, almost knocking him down.

Amy now has to resist Drain 3DV
13d6.hits(5)=3

So no drain.

Overkill Aims and Fires again.
Ag+Auto 9, SM 2, Aim 1, Wounds -1, Running -2
9d6.hits(5)=2

Guard dodges
8, -2 for burst, -1 for second attack
5d6.hits(5)=1

So he takes 8DV base, +1 for net hits, -2 for ammo is 7DV S, -5 AP

Guard resists
8d6.hits(5)=3

So he takes 4 more boxes of Stun, not quite knocking him out,

Jack VII
I'm going to laugh if Grease ends up taking down this guy too.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 10:38 AM) *
I'm going to laugh if Grease ends up taking down this guy too.

"Let me tell you kids about this one mission I went on. Deadly Assassins. Powerful Mages. Professional Security. And I, armed only with my wits, an unarmed drone, and a light pistol had to carry my team throughout."
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 10 2014, 09:34 AM) *
I'm not sure if she should get the -2 for running, but even if she does, that doesn't affect this roll (the last two dice were misses).

I think it applies, particularly in the case of an Indirect Combat spell that you're actually aiming and "firing" in order to hit.

6 more SMG S&S and 6 SMG GEL (assuming Grease short bursts this round)

^That quote is perfect
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 11:56 AM) *
I think it applies, particularly in the case of an Indirect Combat spell that you're actually aiming and "firing" in order to hit.

6 more SMG S&S and 6 SMG GEL (assuming Grease short bursts this round)

^That quote is perfect

I'll short burst again. I agree; Grease's legend builds the longer we go!
Lobo0705
Ok - lets see if Grease can come through this time:

4d6.hits(5)=0

Whoops frown.gif

By the way, the spirit would have gone on 5 and used its Movement Power on Jack.

Now it is Jack's turn, he easily reaches the truck.

The Guard, btw, doesn't get to go, because Overkill's S&S did electrical damage to him, reducing his Initiative by 5.

The movement by Amy, Overkill, and Grease, btw, all put them outside of the building at this point, and nearly at the truck.

Amy (-2 for wounds) 2

Amy's last action and then it is Initiative again (assuming the guard is still up and active.)
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 10 2014, 11:01 AM) *
I'll short burst again. I agree; Grease's legend builds the longer we go!

Given what just happened, I think Jack may need to be there to give the kids a Fair & Balanced version of the story. wink.gif

Don't break my gun. biggrin.gif

That's dedication on the part of that guard. Quick question: Since the guard didn't get to go, do the Defender Previously Defended penalties keep accruing to him? In other words, if Amy tries another Clout, would he be at -2 for a 3rd attack?
Chrome Head
Amy looks behind and realizes that blasting a security guard may be much more serious than attacking shadowrunners and decides to begin removing the signature of that last spell. She will probably have enough time to get 5 more complex actions to spend on this before they're out of here, that is if I remember how the rule works this time...
Lobo0705
Ok - so now the signature will fade in 5 hours.

Next Combat Turn
Amy
4d6+9=23
Overkill
2d6+8=20
Spirit of Man
2d6+8=17
Jack
2d6+5=11
Grease
1d6+9=11
Security Guard
1d6+5=10

Jack VII
One Complex Action to reduce the time it fades totally by 1 hour. For a F6, that's six Complex Actions. The book is completely unclear if this can be done from range. It does imply that you at least have to be able to astrally perceive the signature. So, I guess you would first need to use a Simple Action to switch to Astral Perception, over the next 2 CTs, given your average initiative, you should be able to eliminate the signature completely (with that said, there are all kinds of signatures upstairs and possibly in the elevator that were never erased, we should probably get a hold of Ramirez about that...)

ETA: Sorry, I was thinking it was a F3 Clout spell. Edited---

Jack is going to start loading bodies into the truck or, if there is a ramp on it, lowering that to push the cart inside. He's also going to send a message to Overkill. I'll just do this in the free RP.
Chrome Head
It's a force 6 spell she's trying to wipe out.

She'll try to reach the truck's passenger door and continue erasing the spell's signature.
Lobo0705
I forgot you have to actually be Astrally Perceiving to wipe the signature (makes sense of course). So on the last IP of last turn, Amy would have switched to Astral Perception.

Wiping out this one spell should not be an issue - you've got 3 Complex Actions this turn, and it is going to take at least another CT to finish loading all of the bodies.

Overkill will finish off the security guard
Ag+Auto 9, SM 2, Aim 1, Wounds -1, Running -2
9d6.hits(5)=4

Guard Dodges
8, -2 for burst, -3 for 4th attack
3d6.hits(5)=0

And I don't even need to roll his resistance test, he just can't get enough successes to avoid falling unconscious.

I think we can actually move to free RP at this point, as in the next 6 seconds, Amy will have wiped the signature, the bodies will be loaded into the truck, and the team will all have jumped in.

Jack VII
It double-posted again (I swear to God, these forums...).

Lobo: If possible, I just want to diagnose to see if they're alive and am hoping I can just buy hits. Additionally, I would be frisking them for any equipment. If you can just let me know the results of that stuff here, I'll update that extra post with the information, even if it's that they're alive but don't have anything on them.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 12:00 PM) *
It double-posted again (I swear to God, these forums...).

Lobo: If possible, I just want to diagnose to see if they're alive and am hoping I can just buy hits. Additionally, I would be frisking them for any equipment. If you can just let me know the results of that stuff here, I'll update that extra post with the information, even if it's that they're alive but don't have anything on them.

One quick thing- you mentioned we all piled into the cab, whereas in reality we were getting into the truck. You could use your double-post for our little vehicle exchange a block or two from the crime scene.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
They are all alive, if somewhat worse for wear smile.gif

Their equipment is limited to Lynx's Armor vest, as he would have dropped his Pred V when Grease knocked him unconscious, and the three of them are all wearing their sleeping clothes.

Overkill would hand you the Headjammer.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 10 2014, 12:22 PM) *
One quick thing- you mentioned we all piled into the cab, whereas in reality we were getting into the truck. You could use your double-post for our little vehicle exchange a block or two from the crime scene.

-DrZ

Sorry, I meant the cab of the truck. Not the taxi cab. I'll make that more clear and update.
DrZaius
We've got some jamming software, right? I'd like to be able to talk to at least Lynx without any of them calling for help (I'm thinking of Gutter).

My opinion on Falcon is medically induced coma.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 10 2014, 01:01 PM) *
We've got some jamming software, right? I'd like to be able to talk to at least Lynx without any of them calling for help (I'm thinking of Gutter).

My opinion on Falcon is medically induced coma.

-DrZ

Gutter is currently wearing the headjammer that we put on Stinger when we interviewed him. I'm planning on keeping my eye on Falcon and popping him if he starts to come around.

So where are we going? Obviously to do the transfer to the other vehicles, but then where? Back to the safehouse? I think that's probably the best idea on short notice. Separate them, keep Falcon knocked out, try to get Lynx to crack, and maybe see if Gutter is amenable to working with Ramirez to put the others away. It's... almost 4AM. Maybe we should tell Ramirez to setup a meet with his assets for 6AM somewhere. That would give us an hour or so to do what we need to do before turning them over.

Thoughts?

ETA: Hmm... 6AM may not be doable depending on whether we can get them conscious in time. I don't have much appetite for holding on to them for any length of time.
Lobo0705
One other thing - just from a logistic point of view. You are going to try and fit the 4 of you, plus 3 other bodies in a cab - it might be a little cramped. Any idea how you want to handle that?
Jack VII
Hmm... I thought we had both vehicles plus Overkill's bike. But yeah, that's going to be cramped if not. If we do decide to go to the safehouse, I guess we could go there in the truck directly and then have Overkill RC it back to somewhere else or, alternately, just ditch somewhere in an alley and do it in two trips (Jack+1 and the bodies in trip one, the other 2 in trip two).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 02:18 PM) *
Hmm... I thought we had both vehicles plus Overkill's bike. But yeah, that's going to be cramped if not. If we do decide to go to the safehouse, I guess we could go there in the truck directly and then have Overkill RC it back to somewhere else or, alternately, just ditch somewhere in an alley and do it in two trips (Jack+1 and the bodies in trip one, the other 2 in trip two).

Remember - it isn't really an issue to have any or all three of those vehicles remotely piloted to a meeting point somewhere nearby - but I just wanted to make sure we are all on the same page before we post anymore IC.
DrZaius
We have both vehicles nearby.

Here's my thinking:

Amy & Grease in the BMW with Falcon in the trunk.
Jack & Overkill in the Cab with Lynx and Gutter in the trunk.
Jack VII
Cool. I'm game with Z's plan. Overkill can RC his bike back to the safehouse while I'm driving the cab (or while the pilot program does).
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Cool. I'm game with Z's plan. Overkill can RC his bike back to the safehouse while I'm driving the cab (or while the pilot program does).

Ok - are there any other actions you guys want to take between now and the meet up with the vehicles and the drive to the safehouse?

And of course - let's wait for Chrome to answer, so we don't get too far ahead of ourselves.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 10 2014, 12:33 PM) *
Ok - are there any other actions you guys want to take between now and the meet up with the vehicles and the drive to the safehouse?

Depending on how long we anticipate it taking, I should probably try to apply First Aid to everyone before the hour is up. I would rather not try to do it in the truck though, I imagine the modifiers would really suck with everything involved (wounds, environmental factors, Awakened status, etc), but if I can't wait, I will go ahead and take a shot (assuming I'm not danger close to critical glitching).

QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 10 2014, 12:33 PM) *
And of course - let's wait for Chrome to answer, so we don't get too far ahead of ourselves.

Of course! biggrin.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 10 2014, 02:33 PM) *

I would give Jack his SMG back, and get mine ready. Other than that, I'd ask Overkill to check to see if there's any noise on the police; either via the matrix or some other source. Are there police scanners in the 2070s? Would it be as ubiquitous for a shadowrunner to have as duct tape, or a subvocal mic?
Chrome Head
I'm okay with the plan and all that.

There was one idea I had that I would at least have liked to pitch to the team. We could daringly have shot at Lynx's room's window and have the Man spirit go fetch commlinks and datachips that it can find in the room. It means waiting maybe a minute not far from the building, waiting for the spirit to return. This sounds maybe more risk than we are willing to take injured as we are, in case the calvary was coming after us.

In any case, I had in mind that Amy would bring up this idea before leaving the scene.

For later, when we're healing, the best order to do things is probably: Jack first aids himself, Jack first aids Amy, Amy heals herself, Amy heals Jack, and then Jack and Amy do the same on everyone else.
Jack VII
I could have certainly taken a shot before we left. I think I have a post where I could insert that action in as well, up to Lobo. Since he's ruling that Stun based munitions can damage barriers, I'd probably go ahead and use the S&S in the AR and do a FA Long Burst, which should do 4 boxes of damage to the window with no armor resistance.

ETA: For all of the First Aid tests, given most of us are either Awakened or have several implants, it would probably be helpful for Overkill to do a Teamwork Test with me. We also should wait 10 minutes so you guys aren't disoriented anymore.

Jack first aids himself (This cancels Jack's Resist Pain)
Amy casts a new Resist Pain (F6) on Jack (F1-6 have the same Drain Profile)
Jack first aids Amy (This cancels Amy's Resist Pain)
Amy casts a new Resist Pain (F6) on herself
Amy heals Jack and herself (Cancels Resist Pain on both)
Amy casts a new Resist Pain (F6) on both Jack and herself
Jack applies First Aid to everyone else
Amy heals everyone else.
Amy casts Resist Pain (F6) on everyone else as needed.

The main thing is we don't want Amy to accidentally knock herself out from drain. Granted, she has 13 dice to resist drain, but these things can still happen...
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 02:42 PM) *
I could have certainly taken a shot before we left. I think I have a post where I could insert that action in as well, up to Lobo. Since he's ruling that Stun based munitions can damage barriers, I'd probably go ahead and use the S&S in the AR and do a FA Long Burst, which would should do 4 boxes of damage to the window with no armor resistance.

ETA: For all of the First Aid tests, given most of us are either Awakened or have several implants, it would probably be helpful for Overkill to do a Teamwork Test with me.

Grease needs a strong cup of coffee, and he'll be ready to go! I really lucked out on not getting shot in that last scene... Famous last words, I'm sure.
DrZaius
A thought- could we have Overkill run to a drug store and grab some slap patches? I don't know how much damage we did to Lynx, but it'd be useful to get one of the stim ones on him; wake him up for 30 minutes, then have him fall back unconscious once we're done talking to him.

-DrZ

ETA: I guess they have an availability associated with them; a rating 3 would be availability 6 (but only 75 nuyen.gif). After this run we should grab a bunch for our future interrogation needs!
ETA2: Even a rating 1 stim patch would wake him up, and only has an availability of 2 (although he would only be awake for 10 minutes before he fell unconscious again).
Jack VII
Once I'm healed up, I can probably (with Overkill's help) eek out a few hits to heal Lynx of a box of stun damage with First Aid.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 10 2014, 01:51 PM) *
ETA: After this run we should grab a bunch for our future interrogation needs!|

I've started a shopping list, although it's largely going to be dependent on how much nuyen we actually make from this run.
Lobo0705
I still haven't decided what to do about first aid.

For now, so as to avoid any unpleasantness, lets play it the way the rules work. In general though, the amount of time that they list to actually use First Aid is ludicrous.

For instance, Jack took three rounds to the chest, almost killing him. 10 boxes of damage. Let's assume, he rolls very well, and gets 10 hits on his test. He will have healed those 10 boxes in THIRTY SECONDS - i.e. removed three bullets from his chest, stopped the blood loss, sewn himself up, etc.

The fact that he can heal it at all is miraculous (but this is a game, and obviously you don't want characters having to be hospitalized for months every time they get shot, as that isn't very fun), but back in 3e, the amount of time for the first aid test differed based on how hurt the character was, which at the very least meant that you had to prioritize who you healed first, as that hour could go by quickly. Healing a Serious wound, for example (i.e. 6 boxes or more) was minimum of 20 minutes.

At any rate, figure it will take you about 30 minutes to get to the safe house, and then you can start healing.

With regards to shooting the window, I'm not going to give S&S a 5AP factor against the window. It gets that AP because it is like a taser, and armor doesn't protect the wearer against the electricity very well. The window doesn't care if you pump a bunch of electricity into it. wink.gif

Also, do you really want to be hanging around within 600 meters of the apartment complex while the spirit does its thing? I'm fine if you want to do that, but then we need to retcon a few things.
Lobo0705
As far as police communications, everything would be done from commlink to commlink now, so you would have to hack into Lone Star's communications grid, or be able to hack the individual commlink being used by the officers.
Jack VII
I'd heal 8 boxes of damage as there is a Threshold (2) to the First Aid check.

To be honest, if you include all of the appropriate modifiers that Shadowrunners are likely to face, it's unlikely that First Aid is going to heal that many boxes of damage. Modifiers that apply here:

Probably Poor Conditions: -2
Awakened and or Heavily Augmented: -2 to -4
No Medical Supplies: -3 (I haven't had the money to resupply, so the medkit is probably out of supplies)
Medkit: +3

Without a teamwork test, Jack may not have any dice to roll, to be honest... He'll be lucky to even heal one box of damage on himself as it stands.

ETA: Also, if we did have a miraculous mundane medic specialist on the team, I think the easy way of making sense of insane healing is to say that the wound simply turned out to not be as bad as initially thought. I dunno, that's how I'd probably handle it.

ETA: As for S&S, I wouldn't think a window would care if a sticky glob of something stuck to it either, but hey, whatever works. wink.gif
Personally, I am hoping that the message to Ramirez will get him to take care of some of that stuff, particularly evidence concerning us or our targets. I would rather not hang around here for any length of time.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 04:28 PM) *
I'd heal 8 boxes of damage as there is a Threshold (2) to the First Aid check.

To be honest, if you include all of the appropriate modifiers that Shadowrunners are likely to face, it's unlikely that First Aid is going to heal that many boxes of damage. Modifiers that apply here:

Probably Poor Conditions: -2
Awakened and or Heavily Augmented: -2 to -4
No Medical Supplies: -3 (I haven't had the money to resupply, so the medkit is probably out of supplies)
Medkit: +3

Without a teamwork test, Jack may not have any dice to roll, to be honest... He'll be lucky to even heal one box of damage on himself as it stands.

ETA: Also, if we did have a miraculous mundane medic specialist on the team, I think the easy way of making sense of insane healing is to say that the wound simply turned out to not be as bad as initially thought. I dunno, that's how I'd probably handle it.

ETA: As for S&S, I wouldn't think a window would care if a sticky glob of something stuck to it either, but hey, whatever works. wink.gif
Personally, I am hoping that the message to Ramirez will get him to take care of some of that stuff, particularly evidence concerning us or our targets. I would rather not hang around here for any length of time.

Oh I don't doubt that it would be difficult to actually heal 10 boxes, it just if you actually rolled it, (like you had someone who was actually a medic on the team), then it would be healed in a ridiculously short amount of time.

The more we keep talking about it, the more I think that I made a mistake in allowing Stun damage to affect barriers...
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 10 2014, 02:39 PM) *
The more we keep talking about it, the more I think that I made a mistake in allowing Stun damage to affect barriers...

Considering how lucky Lynx was rolling during that encounter, I don't think it was a mistake at all, LOL. But if you want to make a call on it now... I still agree with you though, there has to be some way to address the "Breaking Glass" issue.

Suggestion:
Electrical damage doesn't damage barriers, period, rather than making it a function of Stun v. Physical. That way, you could still punch glass and break it. You could also shoot it with Gel Rounds. While they're Stun-based, they have to have some decent consistency and velocity if they can damage and bruise flesh. Maybe make them non-penetrating weapons and cut their base DV in half? That way, a gel round from a heavy pistol and up is almost certainly still going to blow a hole in a window. The game just doesn't really handle different structure types.

I know, I know... more house-rules and I'm not a fan of house rules. But, I don't really mind niche situation house-rules.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 10 2014, 04:49 PM) *
Suggestion:
Electrical damage doesn't damage barriers, period, rather than making it a function of Stun v. Physical. That way, you could still punch glass and break it. You could also shoot it with Gel Rounds. While they're Stun-based, they have to have some decent consistency and velocity if they can damage and bruise flesh. Maybe make them non-penetrating weapons and cut their base DV in half? That way, a gel round from a heavy pistol and up is almost certainly still going to blow a hole in a window. The game just doesn't really handle different structure types.

This works for me smile.gif

I'll throw it up on the main OOC post under house rules smile.gif

Jack VII
For Gel rounds, maybe don't modify the DV, but have them use the Frangible Ammo rules that the armor of a barrier is doubled against them? I dunno, either way works. smile.gif
Chrome Head
One problem with Jack's healing sequence (which is undeniably better than mine, mind you) is that Amy ends up casting a ton of spells. And 2S against 13 dice means Amy takes a box of damage 3.5% of the time, and 2 boxes 0.5% of the time. That could put a dent in the process if she has bad luck on the drain rolls. On average all the rolls end up costing her about 1-2 stun, but the standard deviation is pretty big. Will probably try it that way anyway, unless she's getting too much stun (say she's within 3 boxes of passing out).

So about the window, we conclude that we can blow it up (Amy can also break it with a F5 Clout btw.. and doesn't anyone have other ammo than S&S with us in the car?). Are we okay with waiting around (how long? perhaps 1-2 minutes?) within 600m (or is it feet? 600m is very big and I wouldn't be afraid too much of getting caught this way) of the site. Alternatively, can the spirit reach us beyond 600m if I ask for a remote service?
Jack VII
Yeah, that was my rider on the bottom as far as stun from drain potentially being a problem. Honestly, I think we just do what we can and hope for the best. Maybe don't do so many Resist Pain spells?

Honestly, I'm not that enthralled with the idea of waiting around anywhere close to where we are for any amount of time. While they would be helpful, we don't really necessarily need the commlinks or whatever else is up there. Lone Star will get them and hopefully getting a head's up to Ramirez means they end up in his hands. I also definitely only have S&S and Gel rounds with me, I didn't bring any lethal ammo. It's a neat idea, but I would vote no given our state. If DrZ/Grease wants to do it, Jack will be happy to oblige with a shot or covering Amy if she wants to toss a Clout spell at it.

Lobo would have to opine on whether the spirit could pick stuff up and bring it back to us if we shot out the window and ran away. Also, I don't think Overkill was able to brick the maglock, so your spirit might run into trouble up in the room, either from security or the Lone Star response.
Lobo0705
Ok. So:

1) You could send the spirit on a remote service if you chose. I think that you could ask it to go get something, but you'd have to either be pretty specific, or it would fall under the category of the Search power, which is very different than just giving it a physical task.

2) Overkill did not disable the maglocks, so physical security might be there, and of course the spirit would need to manifest to be able to pick up any objects.

3) At this point I think we just need to determine what exactly you guys are doing, and then we can press forward.

Hope you all had a great weekend, rooting for my Giants tonight smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012