Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius

Any activity at the drug house? Also, what's the name of the crew who we tracked there (sorry, I forgot, but I feel like Grease would remember IC)
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 17 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Also, what's the name of the crew who we tracked there (sorry, I forgot, but I feel like Grease would remember IC)

The Zombies are the gang that is set-up there. The memeber of Lynx's crew who is dropping chips there is named Stinger.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 17 2014, 12:56 PM) *
Any activity at the drug house? Also, what's the name of the crew who we tracked there (sorry, I forgot, but I feel like Grease would remember IC)

There is normal activity for a chip house - users coming and going, but as of yet, no sign of Stinger.
Jack VII
Lobo: If you are planning on rolling First Aid for Jack, he'll go ahead and preemptively spend a point of Edge to bolster his chances of bringing the woman back around. I think he would have a dice pool of 11 in that case? First Aid (3) + Logic (3) + Medkit (3) - Conditions (1) - Awakened (2) + Edge (5) w/Exploding 6s.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 17 2014, 01:26 PM) *
Lobo: If you are planning on rolling First Aid for Jack, he'll go ahead and preemptively spend a point of Edge to bolster his chances of bringing the woman back around. I think he would have a dice pool of 11 in that case? First Aid (3) + Logic (3) + Medkit (3) - Conditions (1) - Awakened (2) + Edge (5) w/Exploding 6s.

Looks about right
11d6.hits(5)=3

You got 1 6, which rerolls below:
1d6.hits(5)=0

So you heal 1 box, which will cause her to wake up. I'll have an IC post up in a little bit.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 17 2014, 11:37 AM) *
Looks about right
11d6.hits(5)=3

You got 1 6, which rerolls below:
1d6.hits(5)=0

So you heal 1 box, which will cause her to wake up. I'll have an IC post up in a little bit.

In case you didn't know, there is an open-hits calculator for IC:

11d6.hitsopen(5,6) would roll 11 dice, counting the 5s and 6s, and re-rolling the 6s.

ETA: As far as I can tell, the only night I've been able to refresh Edge was the first night of the game. Is that correct? I'm at 3/5 right now.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 17 2014, 12:41 PM) *
In case you didn't know, there is an open-hits calculator for IC:

11d6.hitsopen(5,6) would roll 11 dice, counting the 5s and 6s, and re-rolling the 6s.

ETA: As far as I can tell, the only night I've been able to refresh Edge was the first night of the game. Is that correct? I'm at 3/5 right now.

Hmm, the first day of the campaign was July 29th. You definitely could have refreshed that night. Since then, there was the night of the raid into Yak territory (the 30th), the speech at Horseshoe Park (the 31st), and then tonight (the 1st of August).

So I think that 3 out of 5 is correct.

ETA - I didn't know that about Invisible Castle - thanks!
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 17 2014, 11:47 AM) *
Hmm, the first day of the campaign was July 29th. You definitely could have refreshed that night. Since then, there was the night of the raid into Yak territory (the 30th), the speech at Horseshoe Park (the 31st), and then tonight (the 1st of August).

So I think that 3 out of 5 is correct.

ETA - I didn't know that about Invisible Castle - thanks!

Yeah, I think my issue with last night was that I volunteered to take a split shift, so I didn't get a solid 8 hours. Or something to that effect.
Jack VII
I'm going to wait to see if Chrome catches the cross-post before posting a response to the girl.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 17 2014, 02:54 PM) *
I'm going to wait to see if Chrome catches the cross-post before posting a response to the girl.

Ooops.. will correct immediately.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jun 17 2014, 12:56 PM) *
Ooops.. will correct immediately.

NP, y'all posted at the exact same time.

ETA: OK, since Chrome made first contact, I'm going to go ahead and follow-up since he's not logged on at the moment.
Chrome Head
Yeah that was fine. Let's see what she says.
Lobo0705
Sorry for the delay guys - got busy family stuff last night.
Jack VII
No problem, man. Quick question: Do we have access to the August 1st paper yet? I know you posted it a while ago, but I can't remember if it was posted early or not (I know IRL my local paper posts stuff online for the following day usually around 10PM). Based on the August 1st paper, I would assume Mary was affiliated with the Sisterhood of Divinity. But I don't want to ask about it if, IC, we don't know anything more than Mary has told us.
Lobo0705
Yes - you actually got the August 1st paper about 24 hours ago. You will be getting the Tribune for August 2nd in a little bit in game.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 18 2014, 10:04 AM) *
Yes - you actually got the August 1st paper about 24 hours ago. You will be getting the Tribune for August 2nd in a little bit in game.

Whoops! I got my dates mixed up... I'm going to wait to see if Grease or Amy want to respond to the girl first before Jack finishes up. I don't see any reason to not let her go. I'd like to figure out a way to get her connected with Ramirez if she is connected to the Sisters. If she's with the Sisters, it would be interesting to see who in Lone Star was assigned to the case since Truck was involved in the abduction.
Chrome Head
Amy gives Mary a burner MetaLink.
Chrome Head
I'll let someone else pitch in if you want to.
DrZaius
I'm paying very close attention; do I feel like she's being deceptive in any way? Is there a sense motive check in Shadowrun?
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 18 2014, 11:58 AM) *
I'm paying very close attention; do I feel like she's being deceptive in any way? Is there a sense motive check in Shadowrun?
-DrZ

There's an attribute check for that, Intuition and ... Charisma? I think it's called Judge Intentions.

Also, yikes about Overkill giving her his home address! I figured we would have just had Grease's taxi show up and drop her off somewhere...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 18 2014, 12:58 PM) *
-DrZ

Judge Intentions - your roll
9d6.hits(5)=6

Mary's roll
8d6.hits(5)=0

The girl is an open book to you - Grease is quite convinced she is above board with everything she is saying.

Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 18 2014, 01:00 PM) *
Also, yikes about Overkill giving her his home address! I figured we would have just had Grease's taxi show up and drop her off somewhere...

Ok, this is my fault, in that as a GM I know this girl is just a poor victim and quite harmless, and so just had Overkill give the address without thinking about it since I knew that it wouldn't come back to harm him.

Let me retcon that a little bit. smile.gif

ETA - fixed my post to have Overkill be a little less trusting
Lobo0705
Also updated the document in the dropbox with her info.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 18 2014, 12:29 PM) *
Overkill looks up from his deck and says, "Tell them to pick you up at the Motel 6 in 30 minutes. We'll make sure you get there on time." He smiles reassuringly at the young woman.

Mary repeats the address, and then says "Thank you." and hangs up. "They said they would be here in about 15 minutes."

This is maybe a little bit inconsistent, not that it matters so much.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jun 18 2014, 01:37 PM) *
This is maybe a little bit inconsistent, not that it matters so much.

Good catch - fixed smile.gif
Lobo0705
Before I respond - does Grease or Jack have anything to add?

Jack VII
Just posted a short good-bye. Nothing further to add.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 18 2014, 01:18 PM) *
Just posted a short good-bye. Nothing further to add.

IC post is up.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 18 2014, 02:28 PM) *
IC post is up.

Ok - at this point I would say that you guys still need to work out what (if anything) you are going to do tonight in character. I'm going to put a quick note up of Mary leaving and getting into Grease's taxi first, since I don't think you want her around for that.
Jack VII
Yup.

I figure we send a message to Ramirez about Mary. Maybe set up a meet with him to let him know what's up and give him some edited footage explaining why we "had' to take Truck down. Beyond that, I think we just hole up unless Stinger shows up at the chip house.
DrZaius
I made a quick post, presuming Overkill makes it back to the apartment for the discussion. If he's murdered before then let me know and I'll amend it cyber.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 18 2014, 03:33 PM) *
I made a quick post, presuming Overkill makes it back to the apartment for the discussion. If he's murdered before then let me know and I'll amend it cyber.gif

Oh he comes back down - but are his eyes a little brighter? His teeth a little longer? devil.gif
Chrome Head
Ha! the crossposting wasn't problematic this time smile.gif
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 18 2014, 02:52 PM) *
Oh he comes back down - but are his eyes a little brighter? His teeth a little longer? devil.gif

Hardy-har smile.gif

IC post is up in response to Amy. Drama!

I'm going to have to sign off for the day in about 30 minutes real time, but I may be able to check again later this evening.

I may make a quick edit to my IC post later. Any suggestions for alternatives for a 6th world version of "Strike while the iron is hot!"? I had "make hay while the sun is shining", but that feels dated as well, given the setting.
Jack VII
I was writing a response that ended up cross-posting, but I don't think Jack's response would have changed much. He's firmly against moving on Los Mags territory and thinks it is probably the worst idea he has heard to date from Grease.

"Make the deal while the dragon's distracted?" Frag if I know, LOL

P.S. Quick question about that mage Amy saw when she went Metal Gear Junkie. Have we ever gotten a picture of Falcon? I think we've gotten a physical description of him before, but I can't remember if we've actually snagged an image of him. I wonder if Amy would recognize him...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 18 2014, 04:42 PM) *
P.S. Quick question about that mage Amy saw when she went Metal Gear Junkie. Have we ever gotten a picture of Falcon? I think we've gotten a physical description of him before, but I can't remember if we've actually snagged an image of him. I wonder if Amy would recognize him...

You have not yet seen a picture of Falcon, just descriptions.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 18 2014, 03:48 PM) *
You have not yet seen a picture of Falcon, just descriptions.

IC post is up. Grease is cool waiting on Los Mags, but has schemes for snatching Stinger.
Chrome Head
On the other hand, Amy has a picture of the mage she saw in Los Mags territory. Maybe we can ask around to find out who that is.
DrZaius
Can I use my Street Drugs knowledge skill to help answer Jack's question? It seems like having any familiarity with BTLs would give me the ability.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jun 19 2014, 08:14 AM) *
Can I use my Street Drugs knowledge skill to help answer Jack's question? It seems like having any familiarity with BTLs would give me the ability.

Sure. I knocked a die off since Street Drugs are really drugs, not BTLs.

4d6.hits(5)=0

Unfortunately you do not know of any way to do what he suggests - but at least you didn't glitch and give him wrong information.

ETA - I haven't posted it yet IC, but Overkill will be busy while you guys talk hacking the commlinks.
Jack VII
frown.gif

Can't a brother get a personafix chip of a remorseful dude feeling extreme guilt and the overriding need to confess to his crimes to the nearest Lone Star officer?

ETA: I honestly imagined it going down like this...
Jack VII
Here's what I would like to accomplish:

1) Get a solid night's sleep.
2) Get in touch with Ramirez and pass him/dead drop him what was collected from the sacrifice site. According to the press, there is an open Lone Star investigation. Since we know the Star is compromised and that Truck was involved in the initial attack on the Sisterhood, the lead investigator on the case could be on the take, so better to give the truth of it to Ramirez so he can see it through when the right time comes along.
3) Physical recon of the chip house. I imagine Grease can do this with someone else as back-up. Amy maybe (since she can send in a spirit if the drek hits the fan).
4) ???
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 20 2014, 11:03 AM) *
Here's what I would like to accomplish:

1) Get a solid night's sleep.
2) Get in touch with Ramirez and pass him/dead drop him what was collected from the sacrifice site. According to the press, there is an open Lone Star investigation. Since we know the Star is compromised and that Truck was involved in the initial attack on the Sisterhood, the lead investigator on the case could be on the take, so better to give the truth of it to Ramirez so he can see it through when the right time comes along.
3) Physical recon of the chip house. I imagine Grease can do this with someone else as back-up. Amy maybe (since she can send in a spirit if the drek hits the fan).
4) ???

Any and all of these are quite doable - however, I believe that today through the 24th is when Chrome is moving IRL, and so will have very limited access.

Do we want to wait on this until Chrome gets back, or do you just want to all get a good night's sleep, and then go in the morning with Jack and Grease?

Also bear in mind that about 9:00 AM Grease is going to take 6 boxes of unresisted Stun Damage when the cram wears off.

Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 20 2014, 01:08 PM) *
Any and all of these are quite doable - however, I believe that today through the 24th is when Chrome is moving IRL, and so will have very limited access.

Do we want to wait on this until Chrome gets back, or do you just want to all get a good night's sleep, and then go in the morning with Jack and Grease?

Also bear in mind that about 9:00 AM Grease is going to take 6 boxes of unresisted Stun Damage when the cram wears off.

I think I would prefer to keep things moving along, if possible. I guess NPCing Overkill or Amy performing overwatch probably puts you in a bit of a jam in case anything happens while Grease is there, so I'm okay with Jack going along with him, even if it is mostly a meta-decision. Given the timeline, Grease probably needs to go sooner rather than later if he is going to accomplish anything. With it being Midnight right now, I guess we could head over there for four hours or so. Jack would want to get in a solid night's rest afterward and try to meet Ramirez around 1PM this afternoon to keep him up to speed/hand over evidence from the ambush before proceeding with the case.

I can always send Ramirez a text message while I'm waiting in the car for Grease.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Jun 20 2014, 02:29 PM) *
I think I would prefer to keep things moving along, if possible. I guess NPCing Overkill or Amy performing overwatch probably puts you in a bit of a jam in case anything happens while Grease is there, so I'm okay with Jack going along with him, even if it is mostly a meta-decision. Given the timeline, Grease probably needs to go sooner rather than later if he is going to accomplish anything. With it being Midnight right now, I guess we could head over there for four hours or so. Jack would want to get in a solid night's rest afterward and try to meet Ramirez around 1PM this afternoon to keep him up to speed/hand over evidence from the ambush before proceeding with the case.

I can always send Ramirez a text message while I'm waiting in the car for Grease.

That works. The chip house is at least 30 minutes away, so if you left now, spend two hours there, and then back, you are home by 3:00 AM and a good night's sleep puts you at around 11:00. We can have Amy and Overkill get some rest, and then you two take care of the surveillance. Probably should work it out IC, then let me know and whenever you need me to I can post the transition as necessary.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jun 20 2014, 02:40 PM) *
That works. The chip house is at least 30 minutes away, so if you left now, spend two hours there, and then back, you are home by 3:00 AM and a good night's sleep puts you at around 11:00. We can have Amy and Overkill get some rest, and then you two take care of the surveillance. Probably should work it out IC, then let me know and whenever you need me to I can post the transition as necessary.

I'm cool with a transition. I may be able to post again this evening; but I will be on the road most of tomorrow. Normal posting next week (although Tuesday may be a bit light).

Thanks,
-DrZ

EDIT: Lobo, you can roll a disguise roll for me to achieve the "cracked out junkie" look. I'd also like to try and conceal the Colt America L36, and if my "street drugs" knowledge skill modifies my roll, all the better! During the transition, I'd ask Jack to drop me a few blocks away so I don't look like I'm rolling up in a cab (and therefore spoiling the illusion of having 15 nuyen to my name).

Jack VII
Jack would definitely let Grease borrow his Streeline if he wants. He even has APDS ammo for it (and possibly S&S, will have to check).
Chrome Head
Hey I just read through the IC thread, nice going guys!

I don't mind Amy just sleeping off, or she can also tag along and then sleep later. She's at one box in both the physical and stun tracks, so she wouldn't even mind a full day of rest. She could spend that day with her little girl who must really be missing her mommy (what can you do during a day for it to still count as rest for physical healing purposes?).

@Lobo
Anyway, feel free to NPC her until I come back. If she's somehow involved in a fight/conflict, I'd prefer to make the decisions myself though. I should be able to jump in some time Sunday, but I know weekends are slow anyway.
Lobo0705
Ok - so Grease's Disguise roll:

6d6.hits(5)=3

3 hits , not bad at all smile.gif

Now his Palming test

2d6.hits(5)=1

So, he is successful, but glitches. Perhaps he slides it into the back of his pants and it falls down and gets stuck near the bottom of his pants? I'll leave that up to you to decide. Either way, it is not a dangerous situation, as the others notice it as well.

Overkill will come over and help him hide the pistol
4d6.hits(5)=1

So it is slightly more hidden than normal.

Note you just need to figure out if that is the Colt or the Streetline special, depending on whether or not you want to take Jack up on his offer).

Grease, I think it is probably best if you write up the getting into disguise, Jack's offer (and your acceptance or denial),the failed hiding check, and Overkill's assistance - this way it allows you to define what you want to look like, and how you want the failed check to go down.

Once that is done, I can write the transition scene. smile.gif

@Chrome,

"The character must rest for the entire day for it to count (forced naps and unconsciousness also count)." - that is for physical healing, for stun it is the same only it says "the entire hour".

For me, if you wanted to lay in bed and watch the trid, or read to her, or something like that, that would be fine. You really shouldn't be up and about though.
DrZaius
I will get an IC post up first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,
DrZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012