Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 16 2014, 03:51 PM) *
I was just hoping to obscure Amy's initial actions against the Lone Star officers, but they will be looking for her with or without us giving Murphy the footage.

Well, they're going to be looking for someone who looks not a lot like her now. Thanks, Grease!
Chrome Head
Amy doesn't mind all of this, especially given the disguise. Make sure there's no close up on her and she'll be fine.
Lobo0705
Looks like Amy and Overkill have no objections - just waiting on Grease to post he is passing the film to Murphy (or if he has any follow up questions.)
DrZaius
IC is up.
-DrZ
Lobo0705
Any further questions for him? If not, I'll complete the scene with him leaving.
Jack VII
LOL, sorry about introducing WatchMe! to the game. Just seemed like the natural evolution of what YouTube would become, stripped of all pretensions.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 17 2014, 08:46 AM) *
LOL, sorry about introducing WatchMe! to the game. Just seemed like the natural evolution of what YouTube would become, stripped of all pretensions.

@Jack: Don't sweat it- I like those bits of flavor. I think I came up with a fake social media service for a game I was going to run; the runners needed to keep track of their target's wife, who posted constant updates of status and location on "Chitter". "Chitter: Chat with your Chummers!"

@Lobo: If Amy/Ok don't have anything, I'm cool with ending the scene. How much is on the credstick?

-DrZ
Lobo0705
As an aside, a point that I completely overlooked - Amy took a bullet to the chest, and I would guess completely covered her armored vest, shirt, pants, bra (assuming she wears one), etc.

Grease set the meet up right away - but I'm guessing Amy doesn't want to walk into the bar looking like she was just in a slasher film. Do we want to assume that you guys just hit a Stuffer Shack, and Overkill ran in and bought her some new clothes for like 10 nuyen.gif (You don't need to throw out the vest, just don't wear it into the Bar-rel).

ETA - what's the group's next move?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 17 2014, 09:07 AM) *
ETA - what's the group's next move?

Good question. I think a confrontation is in order! I'll post IC in a moment.
-DrZ
Jack VII
Response post up wink.gif

@DrZ: Just wanted to make sure that you wanted to CC the team rather than BCC them, right? If not, I'll just reply to Grease since I wouldn't know the rest of the team had been copied. Easy fix.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 17 2014, 09:29 AM) *
Response post up wink.gif

@DrZ: Just wanted to make sure that you wanted to CC the team rather than BCC them, right? If not, I'll just reply to Grease since I wouldn't know the rest of the team had been copied. Easy fix.

No, I meant CC. I suppose I could have done "Jack[Team]:", not sure what the protocol is.
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 17 2014, 09:49 AM) *
No, I meant CC. I suppose I could have done "Jack[Team]:", not sure what the protocol is.
-DrZ

I think in the past we've just done @Team [Grease] indicating receiving party and sending party.

@Lobo: Want us to move this thing to Nic's? Seems like it is mostly RP time for us now, unless you have some strike team waiting in the wings for us.

@DrZ: Are you planning on getting to Nic's before Jack? He's pretty much locked in to 20 minutes since he doesn't really think he needs to be worried about an ambush or anything. I just wanted to know as I would wait to post up until after you do.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 17 2014, 09:52 AM) *
I think in the past we've just done @Team [Grease] indicating receiving party and sending party.

@Lobo: Want us to move this thing to Nic's? Seems like it is mostly RP time for us now, unless you have some strike team waiting in the wings for us.

@DrZ: Are you planning on getting to Nic's before Jack? He's pretty much locked in to 20 minutes since he doesn't really think he needs to be worried about an ambush or anything. I just wanted to know as I would wait to post up until after you do.

How did you know? Damnit, I'm already predictable. Smoke Bomb! (Runs off stage).

Go ahead and move it to Nic's - as you say, it is RP time.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 17 2014, 09:52 AM) *

Nope, it's cool if you post first. I've got to run an errand, I should be back in about an hour.
-DrZ
Jack VII
I think I am going to just wait. Jack's oblivious to the degree of paranoia that Grease is experiencing so he is in really no rush.
Lobo0705
If Grease is going to get to Nic's first, is he going to go inside or wait outside? If he goes inside, Nic and Kevin are awake, but Sam is asleep.

DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 17 2014, 10:51 AM) *
If Grease is going to get to Nic's first, is he going to go inside or wait outside? If he goes inside, Nic and Kevin are awake, but Sam is asleep.

I don't have a reason for Grease to get there first. I'd be more comfortable with Jack showing up first, and Grease et al showing up after (although I suppose it doesn't really matter).

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 17 2014, 11:34 AM) *
I don't have a reason for Grease to get there first. I'd be more comfortable with Jack showing up first, and Grease et al showing up after (although I suppose it doesn't really matter).

-DrZ

Ok - Jack - you want to post you arriving? Then Grease and the others can show up.
Jack VII
That's fine, I can do that.

ETA: IC Post up. I'm grabbing lunch. See y'all in an hour.
Lobo0705
Sorry about the posting - originally I was going to have Nic watching the trid, but you posted before me. I modified it so that it is background rather than in the forefront, as I don't want to get in the way of the RP.
Always Overkill
After hearing how the news has classified the incident, an attack on Lone Star personnel, I am glad we didn't do any real doctoring of the footage. Murphy is going to be suspicious of us as it is, it would have looked even worse if we had handed it to him with the footage having obviously been edited.
Jack VII
OK, my IC is up. Ball's in your court, DrZ!

Alright, I'm going to summarize any text exchanges to which you guys haven't been privy and forward the summary to Overkill and Lobo (so that he can verify I am sending everything). Overkill can then pass on anything he has found as he feels is warranted.

ETA: Message sent. Overkill, hit me up on PM if any of it isn't clear.
Always Overkill
@Jack: I think its all pretty well laid out.

@Lobo: Drave is checking the link out, as usual I have questions.
1) Do the GPS records match his story?
2) Is there anyway for me to know if any information on the link has been purged or tampered with recently?
3) Have I heard of the VR club Ascension that the mysterious source mentioned to Jack?
4) Have I heard Warrens United?
5) Are all Honeypot's messages from the same link, or has she used multiple numbers?
Chrome Head
I just read what's been going on, though I don't have time to get much of a post ready right now.

Yeah Amy will get rid of the clothes she was wearing that evening, and change into something more normal for her, as well as try to hide her injury from Sam.

I guess the current RP is mostly concerned with the other three members so it's all good. Amy's stance is pretty straight-forward. She feels strongly about protecting people she cares for and that's what she did tonight. For now she definitely trusts Jack, even though his amnesia could indicate a brainwash from some corp in the past, which is scary.

Feel free to post actions/comments from her as appropriate, I'll bb to normal posting tomorrow.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 17 2014, 04:33 PM) *
@Jack: I think its all pretty well laid out.

@Lobo: Drave is checking the link out, as usual I have questions.
1) Do the GPS records match his story?
2) Is there anyway for me to know if any information on the link has been purged or tampered with recently?
3) Have I heard of the VR club Ascension that the mysterious source mentioned to Jack?
4) Have I heard Warrens United?
5) Are all Honeypot's messages from the same link, or has she used multiple numbers?

Sorry for the delay - here you go smile.gif

1) Yes
2) Well, you can see the time-stamps on the files, all of which seem to support his story.
3) Yes (the relevant info is already uploaded to the Dropbox)
4) Street Knowledge: 10d6.hits (5)=6 - why yes you have heard of them smile.gif As the reporter indicated, they believe that the Warrens should be removed from the "to be demolished list" and are not hesitant about using violence as a means to try and leverage the government to try and give in to their demands. The organization is not very large, maybe a dozen cells altogether, mostly operating in the Warrens but occasionally striking elsewhere in the UCAS Zone.
5) All were from the same link.
DrZaius
@Lobo

Sharing my commlink with Overkill. I don't think there's anything there the rest of the team doesn't know about, but if you think of it let me know and share it among them.

-DrZ
Jack VII
It's probably a good thing Jack doesn't know about Grease's side job at this point. He'd probably throw him out of Nic's for impugning his honor, just for the sake of machismo.
Lobo0705
@Grease,

No - there isn't anything they don't know about - it is just you contacting you drug dealer to find out about Crimson Fire, and your and Murphy's communications.
Chrome Head
I'm not sure if I'm really up to par here.

What is Grease referring to with "there's a time sensitive package we need to deal with"?

ETA: Oh.. the body on ice. Yeah that's important. Since Amy's not the smartest I'll play along that line IC as well.

ETA2: @Lobo I just remembered something, when you made the first aid check on Amy, did you add the +2 dice pool modifier for her quick healer quality?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 18 2014, 09:07 AM) *
I'm not sure if I'm really up to par here.

What is Grease referring to with "there's a time sensitive package we need to deal with"?

ETA: Oh.. the body on ice. Yeah that's important. Since Amy's not the smartest I'll play along that line IC as well.

ETA2: @Lobo I just remembered something, when you made the first aid check on Amy, did you add the +2 dice pool modifier for her quick healer quality?

I'm sort of impressed with myself that I did, in fact, remember smile.gif

It cancelled out the penalty for you being awakened smile.gif
Lobo0705
I love Amy. Grease is all, "package", "short-circuit", and Amy is "so, we killed a cop, we're going to turn organlegger, and we may all be on film for multiple felonies - hold on, let me just grab my jacket and we can go."

@Jack - post 897 you skipped something, it says "helmet and resting" - I'm not sure what else was resting there.
Jack VII
Sorry, armor jacket. I'll edit.

ETA: I laughed too. Grease tiptoeing around the issue and Amy just straight up blurting it out. Oh, I retconned Grease's post a bit. When he challenged Jack, Grease had Nic disappear. As a Loyalty 4 contact, I don't think Nic would go anywhere given he was in his own shop/house and his friend was being challenged.
Always Overkill
Drave is going to have grabbed his armor vest and put it on before they depart. I will post a new equipment update in my next IC
Jack VII
Is there a trid in the car? Just want to make sure before I reply. Overkill has Drave giving the breakdown after they loaded into the car, then when he pauses, he's looking at a trid somewhere. Just want to make sure before I respond.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 18 2014, 10:32 AM) *
Is there a trid in the car? Just want to make sure before I reply. Overkill has Drave giving the breakdown after they loaded into the car, then when he pauses, he's looking at a trid somewhere. Just want to make sure before I respond.

I think the idea was when Overkill said he "put it into his AR" back in post 890 - i.e. he was streaming the news feed through his 'link. So, he's just looking at it in his image link.
DrZaius
I liked Amy's response as well smile.gif

I see your point Jack; I can retcon Nic out of my post, if you tell me which one it is. Let me go back and check.
Jack VII
That makes sense, I had missed that. Thanks!

@DrZ: It's no big deal. If you want to, it was in the post where you first approached Jack and asked where he had been.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 18 2014, 11:32 AM) *

Actually after I posted it, I realized the crew was headed to the car. So I did a bit of editing to have him talk as the crew made its way, originally he was going to be looking at the trid inside, but Drave already had it recording on his link anyways, so the Image Link scenario Lobo suggested works out well.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 18 2014, 10:46 AM) *
That makes sense, I had missed that. Thanks!

@DrZ: It's no big deal. If you want to, it was in the post where you first approached Jack and asked where he had been.

I just took out the last sentence talking about Nic.
-DrZ
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 18 2014, 10:06 AM) *
I love Amy. Grease is all, "package", "short-circuit", and Amy is "so, we killed a cop, we're going to turn organlegger, and we may all be on film for multiple felonies - hold on, let me just grab my jacket and we can go."

Totally. smile.gif

I really like how each member of the team is showing a lot of personality though this first dramatic event. It's very interesting from a story-telling and a character-building point of view.
DrZaius
I am cool fast-forwarding to Jacoby's, if the rest of the team is ready.
-DrZ
Jack VII
I'm good on my end.
Lobo0705
I am actually going to be unable to post for the rest of the day, you guys can fast forward to Jacoby's if you want, you have the address and the description of Jacoby and the building he works our of.

When you get there, the body will still be in his office - he will have already disabled the wireless transmitters on any cyberware the elf had in him.

From Grease's description of him in his character background, Jacoby has some dealings with organ leggers before so, assuming your characters aren't squeamish about it (certainly Amy doesn't seem to be), he will be willing to take the body off of your hands.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 18 2014, 01:44 PM) *
I am actually going to be unable to post for the rest of the day, you guys can fast forward to Jacoby's if you want, you have the address and the description of Jacoby and the building he works our of.

When you get there, the body will still be in his office - he will have already disabled the wireless transmitters on any cyberware the elf had in him.

From Grease's description of him in his character background, Jacoby has some dealings with organ leggers before so, assuming your characters aren't squeamish about it (certainly Amy doesn't seem to be), he will be willing to take the body off of your hands.

I'm Ok with us calling it for the day then, if you're unable to keep posting. We can pick it up this weekend / monday.
-Nick
Lobo0705
Whatever is good with you guys. I will be able to post very late tonight, and I'll be available as normal over the weekend and during the week next week.

ETA - the one thing you guys can discuss on the way over (as no one seems to have done so) is the meeting tonight at Ascension - feel free to talk that IC or OOC.
Jack VII
I'm good with whichever way we want to go. If Lobo said he'd take it off our hands, we could certainly knock that part out, head back to Nic's (or wherever) and share whatever info we have. Other than Overkill, I don't think Jack has shared the file he was sent from Honeypot, so that could generate some discussion.

Really, it's up to y'all.

ETA: Given the circumstances and clouded trust issues, Jack wasn't going to mention the meet, but was going to reach out to Overkill via text message since he already knows about it. It's in Overkill's hands whether he wants to mention it to everyone.
Chrome Head
Ha! Amy's not really squeamish about anything, as will always be evident from her behavior. I'm playing her idealistic on one side, but also quite dirty in her ways. She grew up in the worst of the worst conditions and she's seen people die before (I still have to decide if she's ever actually killed someone before, but she's at least injured people and thought about the consequences of killing people before so the whole idea wasn't new to her). The characters will all gradually get to know what everyone's made of.

Like I've said before, Grease went up a big notch in her book already, showing himself to be dependable when it matters.

ETA: I nor my character have any idea about what meeting we're talking about.
DrZaius
Made a quick IC post. Lobo and I can hash out the details later smile.gif

So, as I posted IC; now what?
Jack VII
Just forwarded the file on Renata to everyone. I meant to take out her real name. My bad.
Chrome Head
I'm sorry but IC, Amy wouldn't just move on this fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012