Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Jack VII
Based on the averages, that's a 1 shot kill on Rhex as it stands.

Pistol: 12P DV (AP2) versus 8 dice = 2 hits (based on 6 dice due to AP) stages damage down to 10. Rhex only has 8 boxes of damage.

If you use Edge for a Second Chance, you might be able to turn it into a glancing shot.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 6 2014, 07:22 PM) *
Based on the averages, that's a 1 shot kill on Rhex as it stands.

Pistol: 12P DV (AP2) versus 8 dice = 2 hits (based on 6 dice due to AP) stages damage down to 10. Rhex only has 8 boxes of damage.

If you use Edge for a Second Chance, you might be able to turn it into a glancing shot.

That was the math I was planning on doing later, so thanks smile.gif

Yes; let's use that edge! Otherwise, I am going to lose RHex, and probably die from the biofeedback damage (10P, + 6P from Dumpshock. Hopefully those two are saved against separately).
Jack VII
You only take half of the damage the drone takes in biofeedback. Since the drone can only take 8 boxes of damage, I think you would only take 4P + Dumpshock.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 6 2014, 08:53 PM) *
Yes; let's use that edge! Otherwise, I am going to lose RHex, and probably die from the biofeedback damage (10P, + 6P from Dumpshock. Hopefully those two are saved against separately).

I was thinking about what Lobo said. I believe adding 2 dice for willpower could actually be useful and significantly increase your odds of dodging the shot. I think you'd get 2 more dice to the first test (and if they are both successes, no edge spent), and if they fail they would be added to the edge-reroll as well.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 7 2014, 01:12 AM) *
I was thinking about what Lobo said. I believe adding 2 dice for willpower could actually be useful and significantly increase your odds of dodging the shot. I think you'd get 2 more dice to the first test (and if they are both successes, no edge spent), and if they fail they would be added to the edge-reroll as well.

I explained it poorly but I meant that just using full defense by itself wasn't going to be enough. If you are going to use edge it is definitely worth it to use full defense as well - unless you are confident you are going to roll 3 hits on 10 dice.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 03:43 AM) *
I explained it poorly but I meant that just using full defense by itself wasn't going to be enough. If you are going to use edge it is definitely worth it to use full defense as well - unless you are confident you are going to roll 3 hits on 10 dice.

Far from it! Full defense gives me -10 on my initiative; am I able to perform other actions for the remainder of the turn?

-DrZ
Always Overkill
Man, Drones are Fragile...

For that matter, in SR, so are people...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 7 2014, 09:14 AM) *
Far from it! Full defense gives me -10 on my initiative; am I able to perform other actions for the remainder of the turn?

-DrZ

Basically what happens is this. Your initiative is 23.

Normally you would act at 23, and then again at 13, and then again at 3.

If you use full defense, you are only going to act at 23 and then 3, so you lose an action this round.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 09:25 AM) *
Basically what happens is this. Your initiative is 23.

Normally you would act at 23, and then again at 13, and then again at 3.

If you use full defense, you are only going to act at 23 and then 3, so you lose an action this round.

Well if my action on 13 would be to bleed out of my ears and nose, that seems less helpful than it could be.

Let's go full defense and use edge.
-DrZ

On edge: since we already rolled it, I can just reroll failures, right?

ETA: This outcome does suggest Grease would be better served by being on Novacoke all the time.
Lobo0705
Ok, so first the extra two dice from Full Defense

2d6.hits(5)=0

Now you get to reroll failures. You originally rolled 14 dice and got 10 failures, plus your 2 extra dice that just failed, so rerolling 12 dice

12d6.hits(5)=4

These 4 hits, adding to your first 4 hits cause the shot to miss smile.gif

Continuing the round:

Rigger 21
Drone 18
Overkill 13 - Free action, swap Sleaze and Data Processing, Complex - Matrix Perception to spot both pistols.
Chomsky 12
Greeley 12
Officer 1 11

The Rigger goes, and does something.
The drone ceases firing, as the recoil has gotten to be too much.

Overkill, Matrix Perception test:
8d6.hits(5)=1

And spots Officer #1's pistol.

Chomsky and Greeley both lay there, as with their hands tied behind their backs, it is difficult to crawl.

Officer 1 grabs Greeley, yanks her to her feet, and drags her to the car. They are not at the car, his next action will be to put her in it.

IC Post up soon, here is the next IP.

IP#2
Amy 15 -
Spirit of Air 14
Officer 2 11
Rigger 11
Drone 8
Overkill 3
Grease 3
Chomsky 2
Greeley 2
Officer 1 1
Lobo0705
IP#2
Amy 15 -
Spirit of Air 14
Officer 2 11
Rigger 11
Drone 8
Overkill 3
Grease 3
Chomsky 2
Greeley 2
Officer 1 1

At this point, Amy can either Take Cover and Reckless Spellcast, or Take Cover and tell her Spirit to attack (since he just followed her previous command to Conceal the team) - just tell me which you would like to do. We'll still use the same rolls, but whether or not she casts the spell may or may not affect Officer#2's action, so we'll wait here until Chrome comes on line.
Chrome Head
For what it's worth, Amy will attempt to intimidate them (can she default to negotiate?), as well as taking cover. "Leave Chomsky and Greeley, we let you leave. Don't and you're not getting out alive."

I think the situation has changed so much that they might start to believe her.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 7 2014, 10:23 AM) *
For what it's worth, Amy will attempt to intimidate them (can she default to negotiate?), as well as taking cover. "Leave Chomsky and Greeley, we let you leave. Don't and you're not getting out alive."

I think the situation has changed so much that they might start to believe her.

In SR5 defaulting is done to the attribute, not to another skill. So you would roll Charisma -1 die, - 2 dice for your wounds. (before positive or negative situational modifiers)

It also is a Complex Action to do so.

ETA: If you actually wanted to Negotiate with them, you could try, but you'd probably have to get your spirit and Rhex to stop shooting at them first.

ETA2: You could use a free action to just yell it, but that doesn't carry the weight of a skill check.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 10:29 AM) *
In SR5 defaulting is done to the attribute, not to another skill. So you would roll Charisma -1 die, - 2 dice for your wounds. (before positive or negative situational modifiers)

It also is a Complex Action to do so.

ETA: If you actually wanted to Negotiate with them, you could try, but you'd probably have to get your spirit and Rhex to stop shooting at them first.

For some reason I thought it was a simple action to use a skill, my bad. Then Amy will just delay her second simple action to later in the round, would it become useful.

Btw, the reason why I asked is that in SR5, GMs can choose to allow substituting skills at a dice pool penalty:
QUOTE (p. 130)
Substituting Skills
You don’t always have to default a skill when you don’t have it. Sometimes your gamemaster might allow you to use a different skill, probably with a dice pool penalty.

ETA: Yes, she'll yell her "offer" as a free action.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 10:19 AM) *
Overkill, Matrix Perception test:
8d6.hits(5)=1

Have I mentioned how much I loath Invisible Castle?

So next I will go for a Forked Dataspike at Officer #1's pistol and the last Drone.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 7 2014, 11:37 AM) *
For some reason I thought it was a simple action to use a skill, my bad. Then Amy will just delay her second simple action to later in the round, would it become useful.

Btw, the reason why I asked is that in SR5, GMs can choose to allow substituting skills at a dice pool penalty:

You can't delay an action, you can delay your turn.

i.e. right now you go at 15. You could wait until later on in the round, and take your turn at 14, or 13, or 12, or whenever, but you can't take a simple action at 15, and then another simple action at 9. The exception to that is your Free Action, which may be taken at any point during the IP, and Interrupt Actions, which may be taken at any point during the IP.

What you may want to do is use your two Simple actions to Take Cover, and then Command your Spirit to attack again. If not, spirit will still be following your last command to conceal you. (If you command him to attack again, it will not negate the concealment, he will continue to conceal you and attack.)

Thanks for the quote from the book - I didn't realize that smile.gif

ETA - I dislike that they don't give what that penalty should be. In the old 3e rules, there was a nice little web, so defaulting to a skill was +2 target modifier for each part of the web you had to cross, or defaulting straight to your attribute was +4.

So, if you to fire a pistol, you were better off defaulting to your SMG skill (didn't have "Automatics" back then) than you were straight to your Quickness Attribute - and it was nice and clear what the penalty was smile.gif
Jack VII
That's a good question. Spit-balling, I think I'd allow defaulting at a -2 or -3 penalty for any skill sharing a skillgroup. So if you had pistols and were trying to default to fire a shotgun, you'd take a -2 or -3 penalty. Since you still get to roll your attribute on the check, it should be superior to defaulting on an attribute in most cases. Just not sure if it would be -2 or -3.

Hmmm... Maybe just allow 1/3 skill ranks rounded down? That would help balance someone gaming the system by only taking a few high level skills and planning on doing a lot of defaulting.

I would still apply the -1 to the Attribute though.
Lobo0705
IP#2
Amy 15 - Free action, yell "Leave Chomsky and Greeley, we let you leave. Don't and you're not getting out alive.", Simple Action, Take Cover, Other Simple Action????
Spirit of Air 14 - No action unless told something by Amy (will continue to Conceal everyone)
Officer 2 11
Rigger 11
Drone 8
Overkill 3 - Fork Data Spike Drone and Officer#1's pistol
Grease 3
Chomsky 2
Greeley 2
Officer 1 1

Chrome Head
Got it. Other action is to command the spirit then. Is it possible to give a complex command like this: Save Greeley and Chomsky, consider the two policemen and the drone as hostiles, all this while holding the concealment?

There are other simpler options available as well: like resume fighting as before while holding concealment. I just feel that what's most urgent is maybe different now.

I'll keep the free action to tell them something after the spirit has done whatever it chooses to do given the new command.
Always Overkill
Out of curiousity, what kind of Action would it be for me to set my Agent to the task of tracking down Officer #2's Icons, (He was alreasy set up to be make Matrix Perception checks for Icons running silent.)

Not sure that this is at all a feasible option right now, but I am curious if I could have been using my Agent to look for the Icons and saving Drave's own actions for more pressing concerns?

Edit: Not asking to Retcon anything, I am just curious if it would be a valid option if the future.
DrZaius
I'll need to see how Officer 2 responds before Grease takes his next action. If he doesn't do anything aggressive, Grease will hold to see what Officer 1 does (on 1).

-DrZ
Lobo0705
@Chrome,

"Save Greeley and Chomsky, consider the two policemen and the drone as hostiles, all this while holding the concealment?"

This works.

@Overkill,

I would say that since they are "as smart as drones" that you would command them the same way - basically a Send Message action, which is a Simple Action.

Yes, you could use the Agent to find stuff for you, given that in AR it isn't any worse than you (given your Computer + Intuition stats).

@Grease

No problem.

Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 01:23 PM) *
@Overkill,

I would say that since they are "as smart as drones" that you would command them the same way - basically a Send Message action, which is a Simple Action.

Yes, you could use the Agent to find stuff for you, given that in AR it isn't any worse than you (given your Computer + Intuition stats).

I will keep that in mind for the future, and not waste my own IPs for the Matrix Perception checks, spending a complex action on it can be very costly in a fight where seconds count. So I will be telling my Agent to find Lone Star #2 & the Rigger's Icons. (As part of my next action)
Lobo0705
IP#2
Amy 15 - Free action, yell "Leave Chomsky and Greeley, we let you leave. Don't and you're not getting out alive.", Simple Action, Take Cover, commands spirit
Spirit of Air 14 - Attack Officer #1
Officer 2 11 Shoot Rhex and jump in car
Rigger 11 - Drive car
Drone 8 - shoot spirit
Overkill 3 - ???
Chomsky 2
Greeley 2
Grease 1

So Amy is holding on to her free action for now, and takes cover and issues the command to the spirit of Air

The spirit, seeing new priorities, attacks Officer#1, as he is the one who is actually holding Greeley
15d6.hits(5)=5

Officer#1 dodges
7d6.hits(5)=2

So, 12 DV base, +3 for the net hits,

Resisted by Body +18 armor, -6 for AP is 15 dice
15d6.hits(5)=4

So he takes 11 points of damage and drops like a stone.

Officer#2 takes one last shot at Rhex, and hops in the car.
15d6.hits(5)=5

Grease Dodges (including Cover and Full Defense Dice), -1 for successive attack.
15d6.hits(5)=3

Rhex has to resist base 9P 2 AP increased to 11P 2AP
Body 4 + Armor 4 (reduced to 2)
6d6.hits (5)=1

So Rhex takes 10P, disabling him, and Grease has to resists 4 points of Biofeedback Damage (since it only has 8 boxes, the 2 extra boxes go to waste).
Resist w/ Willpower 2 and Firewall 4
6d6.hits (5)=1

So Grease takes 3 boxes of damage from dumpshock.

Now, since a drone he was jumped into was destroyed, he suffers 6 more points of biofeedback damage as dumpshock
6d6.hits (5)=3
So Grease takes 3 more boxes of damage, for a total of 6 points of physical damage - reducing his initiative to 1

Next is the Rigger - the Patrol-3 starts to drive.

Next, the Drone, which fires at the spirit of air, Full auto 6 round burst
7d6.hits(5)=3

The spirit dodges the attack
16 dice normally, -5 for the full auto
11d6.hits(5)=6

The spirit dodges it easily.

@Overkill,

So, with no pistol to Data Spike, do you just want to Data Spike the last drone (Which is a Complex Action) or something else?

ETA when I say the car starts to drive away, bear in mind that it isn't going 60mph yet or anything smile.gif
Always Overkill
I will hit the Drone and the Vehicle that they are trying to get away in.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 01:48 PM) *
IP#2
Amy 15 - Free action, yell "Leave Chomsky and Greeley, we let you leave. Don't and you're not getting out alive.", Simple Action, Take Cover, commands spirit
Spirit of Air 14 - Attack Officer #1
Officer 2 11 Shoot Rhex and jump in car
Rigger 11 - Drive car
Drone 8 - shoot spirit
Overkill 3 - ???
Chomsky 2
Greeley 2
Grease 1

So Amy is holding on to her free action for now, and takes cover and issues the command to the spirit of Air

The spirit, seeing new priorities, attacks Officer#1, as he is the one who is actually holding Greeley
15d6.hits(5)=5

Officer#1 dodges
7d6.hits(5)=2

So, 12 DV base, +3 for the net hits,

Resisted by Body +18 armor, -6 for AP is 15 dice
15d6.hits(5)=4

So he takes 11 points of damage and drops like a stone.

Officer#2 takes one last shot at Rhex, and hops in the car.
15d6.hits(5)=5

Grease Dodges (including Cover and Full Defense Dice), -1 for successive attack.
15d6.hits(5)=3

Rhex has to resist base 9P 2 AP increased to 11P 2AP
Body 4 + Armor 4 (reduced to 2)
6d6.hits (5)=1

So Rhex takes 10P, disabling him, and Grease has to resists 4 points of Biofeedback Damage (since it only has 8 boxes, the 2 extra boxes go to waste).
Resist w/ Willpower 2 and Firewall 4
6d6.hits (5)=1

So Grease takes 3 boxes of damage from dumpshock.

Now, since a drone he was jumped into was destroyed, he suffers 6 more points of biofeedback damage as dumpshock
6d6.hits (5)=3
So Grease takes 3 more boxes of damage, for a total of 6 points of physical damage - reducing his initiative to

Next is the Rigger - the Patrol-3 starts to drive.

Next, the Drone, which fires at the spirit of air, Full auto 6 round burst
7d6.hits(5)=3

The spirit dodges the attack
16 dice normally, -5 for the full auto
11d6.hits(5)=6

The spirit dodges it easily.

@Overkill,

So, with no pistol to Data Spike, do you just want to Data Spike the last drone (Which is a Complex Action) or something else?

ETA when I say the car starts to drive away, bear in mind that it isn't going 60mph yet or anything smile.gif

Didn't I have biofeedback filter active?
Thanks,
-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 7 2014, 02:04 PM) *
Didn't I have biofeedback filter active?
Thanks,
-DrZ

Unfortunately, you didn't frown.gif

On your previous action, you wanted to do 3 things:

1) Decrease your Noise Reduction by 1 and increase your Program Capacity by 1 (Free Action), in order to allow you to:
2) Load the Biofeedback Filter (Free Action)
3) Invite 3 Marks from Overkill (Simple Action)

Then we had the discussion about whether or not you wanted to be out of LOS, or in LOS, but use a Take Cover action so as to give yourself better cover against the Officer, so you added a 4th thing you wanted to do

4) Take Cover (Simple Action)

You can't do all 4 of those, so per post #2642 you chose Taking Cover rather than loading the Biofeedback Filter.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 02:20 PM) *
Unfortunately, you didn't frown.gif

On your previous action, you wanted to do 3 things:

1) Decrease your Noise Reduction by 1 and increase your Program Capacity by 1 (Free Action), in order to allow you to:
2) Load the Biofeedback Filter (Free Action)
3) Invite 3 Marks from Overkill (Simple Action)

Then we had the discussion about whether or not you wanted to be out of LOS, or in LOS, but use a Take Cover action so as to give yourself better cover against the Officer, so you added a 4th thing you wanted to do

4) Take Cover (Simple Action)

You can't do all 4 of those, so per post #2642 you chose Taking Cover rather than loading the Biofeedback Filter.

d'oh!
-DrZ

ETA: RIP Rhex... Is he salvageable? Are the rotodrones who were bricked salvageable?
Lobo0705
Ok,

So Overkill Data Spikes the Drone and the Car
14d6.hits(5)=6

Drone Resists
11d6.hits(5)=5

So you do 9DV
Resists
6d6.hits (5)=4

So the drone takes 5DV worth of Matrix Damage

The car now resists:
11d6.hits(5)=4

So base damage is 10DV
Car Resists Damage
6d6.hits (5)=3

So the car takes 7 points of Matrix Damage

Greeley and Chomsky do nothing (Greeley, btw, suffered some burn damage from the Spirit of Air's attack - nothing too bad, btw)

Grease's turn at 1 - your action sir?
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 02:32 PM) *
Ok,

So Overkill Data Spikes the Drone and the Car
14d6.hits(5)=6

Drone Resists
11d6.hits(5)=5

So you do 9DV
Resists
6d6.hits (5)=4

So the drone takes 5DV worth of Matrix Damage

The car now resists:
11d6.hits(5)=4

So base damage is 10DV
Car Resists Damage
6d6.hits (5)=3

So the car takes 7 points of Matrix Damage

Greeley and Chomsky do nothing (Greeley, btw, suffered some burn damage from the Spirit of Air's attack - nothing too bad, btw)

Grease's turn at 1 - your action sir?

So we've got Amy in cover, Rhex smoking, one of the cops trying to get away in a car, Overkill nearby?
-DrZ

ETA: When I got dumped from RHex, didn't my initiative revert to whatever my AR initiative would be? (it would be handy if they listed stuff like that in the rigger section..)
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 7 2014, 03:35 PM) *
So we've got Amy in cover, Rhex smoking, one of the cops trying to get away in a car, Overkill nearby?
-DrZ

I've uploaded a JPG to the drobpox.

Grease is at A
Amy at B (behind a car)
The patrol car at C
Overkill at D (Near the stage)
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 7 2014, 02:42 PM) *
I've uploaded a JPG to the drobpox.

Grease is at A
Amy at B (behind a car)
The patrol car at C
Overkill at D (Near the stage)

I'd like to make a driving action to cut off the fleeing patrol car. I can do that in AR, correct?
-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Apr 7 2014, 01:35 PM) *
ETA: When I got dumped from RHex, didn't my initiative revert to whatever my AR initiative would be? (it would be handy if they listed stuff like that in the rigger section..)

IIRC, you roll the difference between your VR and meat initiative and subtract that from your initiative total as soon as it happens.
Always Overkill
Unless something drastic changes in our situation, Drave will be trying to finish off the Drone and the Vehicle with another forked Dataspike.
Lobo0705
Ok,

Yes, forgot about the reduction in initiative frown.gif

Your VR Init is 4d6+7
Your AR Init is 1d6+7

So as soon as you got dumped, you lose 3d6 subtracted from your initiative, so you don't actually get an action frown.gif

Btw, when it is your turn after initiative is rolled again, yes, you can be in AR and drive. However, you aren't close enough to cut him off. You were about 50 meters away from him before he started moving, and now you are at least 70 meters away from him - which is not Short Range (which is what you need to cut him off).

You can, however, do a Catch Up action.

Now, you will be controlling the car manually (which is better than via a Control Device action simply to avoid Noise), and you will roll:

Pilot 6, plus specialization 2 plus Reaction 7, -2 for wounds, -2 for dumpshock (you will be at minus 2 to all actions until 8 minutes have passed).

For right now, we are up to Amy and the Spirit again.

IP#3
Amy 5 -
Spirit of Air 4 -
Officer 2 1 r
Rigger 1 -
Lobo0705
@Grease,

In addition, right now you are not in VR or AR. You need to spend a simple action to switch to AR, and then another to switch to VR. When you got dumped, you got dumped out of the Matrix altogether.
Chrome Head
To be consistent w/ prior rolls, Amy will cast Mass Confusion on the driver running away. She'll also send a message to the others: <<@Grease, Overkill [Amy's subvocal] Don't let the last one get away. >>
Lobo0705
IP#3
Amy 5 - Casts Mass Confusion
Spirit of Air 4 - Attacks Drone
Officer 2 1
Rigger 1 -

Ok, Amy casts her spell again - netting a result of 1 more point of stun damage

The spirit of Air attacks the Drone
15d6.hits(5)=6

Drone Dodges
7d6.hits(5)=1

So, 17DV AP5 - Kablooey!

IC Post up sometime tonight.
The car continues to drive away.
Jack VII
I haven't been following the IC all that closely. For my own edification, Greeley and Chomsky are still with us and not in either of the cop cars, right?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Apr 7 2014, 04:41 PM) *
I haven't been following the IC all that closely. For my own edification, Greeley and Chomsky are still with us and not in either of the cop cars, right?

Yes
Always Overkill
With the last Drone down, Drave will swap Fork for Decryption and Dataspike the Vehicle.

Frak, that Rigger is having a very bad day; he just lost a lot of expensive hardware in very short amount of time.

OH, and I had a question, do Lone Star Officers normally carry explosive ammo loaded in their sidearms?
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 7 2014, 03:48 PM) *
OH, and I had a question, do Lone Star Officers normally carry explosive ammo loaded in their sidearms?

I bet you'd find a similar answer to "Do Lone Star officers normally wear full body armor?" "Do Lone Star officers usually dodge like mofos?" "Do Lone Star officers usually perceive like hawks?" and "Do Lone Star officers usually have extraordinary skills with a pistol?"

wink.gif

I think putting everything together, we either just took down two elite Lone Stars sent alone in a dangerous area with insufficient backup, or those were not Lone Star. Both of which I actually consider possible. It might be useful to interrogate one of them, if one survives...

ETA: And someone already pointed out that the warrant was clearly fake, since it wasn't signed by a judge in the ARO.
Always Overkill
Yeah, I am just curious as to whether either of those "Officers" was Lynx or Stinger. (They never lifted their visors, and both officers were the appropriate height.)

QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 7 2014, 05:03 PM) *
ETA: And someone already pointed out that the warrant was clearly fake, since it wasn't signed by a judge in the ARO.

Yes, I remember that someone; I see him in the mirror everyday. wink.gif
Lobo0705
Ok, time for the next initiative round.

Amy 4d6+8=27
Overkill 2d6+9=16
Grease 1d6+5=7
Rigger 4d6+8=25
Officer#2 3d6+9=22

I'm going to take Chomsky and Greeley out of it, as they are no longer in danger.

I'm going to take Amy's spirit out of the equation as well, it will hover over Greeley and Chomsky and protect them, but as there are no hostiles left, it has no one left to attack.

IP 1
Amy 27
Rigger 25
Officer#2 22
Overkill 16
Grease 7

Amy's Action? The car is currently 30 meters or so away from her.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 8 2014, 09:02 AM) *
Ok, time for the next initiative round.

Amy 4d6+8=27
Overkill 2d6+9=16
Grease 1d6+5=7
Rigger 4d6+8=25
Officer#2 3d6+9=22

I'm going to take Chomsky and Greeley out of it, as they are no longer in danger.

I'm going to take Amy's spirit out of the equation as well, it will hover over Greeley and Chomsky and protect them, but as there are no hostiles left, it has no one left to attack.

IP 1
Amy 27
Rigger 25
Officer#2 22
Overkill 16
Grease 7

Amy's Action? The car is currently 30 meters or so away from her.

Question on the opposing Rigger; has he been taking damage from having all of his Drones bricked and fried? Or is that only when he is jumped into the specific drone as it is being hit?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 8 2014, 08:08 AM) *
Question on the opposing Rigger; has he been taking damage from having all of his Drones bricked and fried? Or is that only when he is jumped into the specific drone as it is being hit?

You have no way of knowing this IC, but OOC I will tell you he has been using the Control Device action to command all the drones - thus no biofeedback damage. The exception was the last drone, which was on Auto pilot on its last action.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Apr 8 2014, 09:13 AM) *
You have no way of knowing this IC, but OOC I will tell you he has been using the Control Device action to command all the drones - thus no biofeedback damage. The exception was the last drone, which was on Auto pilot on its last action.

Yeah, it was just an OoC inquiry. Still learning the rules and details. Particularly Rigging, as I am playing one for the upcoming Lock & Load.
Jack VII
Riggers only risk getting dumped if they're actually jumped in the drone or if you locate and brick their RCC.
Always Overkill
I am going to stick with my original plan; Swap Fork for Decryption and DataSpike the Vehicle to finish it off.
Always Overkill
Double Post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012