Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
Jack VII
I am 2 seconds away from stepping out the door to go to the LSU game (I have no idea why I am going, we are the terrible this year). Feel free, make sure to note that it was a left cross! smile.gif
DrZaius
Well that was an unfortunate turn of events!

Let's try to get the rigger awake, but I'm concerned he's not going to know anything more. We may have to nab Bradshere to get the whole picture here.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 13 2014, 01:07 PM) *
For when you attempt to wake him up:

Overkill teamwork test
7d6.hits(5)=2

Jack rolls:

skill+stat 6, -1 for augmentations, -1 for conditions, -3/+3 for supplies/medkit, +2 for Overkill
6d6.hits(5)=2

So no go frown.gif

ETA - anything you want to do while you wait for him to wake up?

Ok - so per above, you tried to heal him already and failed, so you are just going to have to wait until he wakes up. Is there anything you would like to do in the meantime, or should I just fast forward? If so, is there an amount of time that would be too much time to wait for him?
Jack VII
I don't think I'd wait more than 30 minutes to an hour. We're eventually going to kill these guys if we have to keep knocking them out over and over again with stun attacks. I did add some Stim Patches to our shopping list for the future.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 20 2014, 09:55 AM) *
I don't think I'd wait more than 30 minutes to an hour. We're eventually going to kill these guys if we have to keep knocking them out over and over again with stun attacks. I did add some Stim Patches to our shopping list for the future.

Ok - I'm going to wait until Dr. Z and Chrome check in - if no one wants to do anything in the meantime, then I'll skip ahead 30 minutes.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 20 2014, 10:19 AM) *
Ok - I'm going to wait until Dr. Z and Chrome check in - if no one wants to do anything in the meantime, then I'll skip ahead 30 minutes.

Sure thing- I'm not sure there's anything else I'd like to do in the meantime. Really I just want to make sure Falcon stays under.

OOC: I'd like 1 fly-spy in the interrogation room, one in the room with the other hostages just to keep an eye on 'em.

-DrZ
Chrome Head
I think we'll have to give up soon, and just bring them in...

It's important to have someone watch over falcon and keep him unconscious.

But I'm good with this last try with the rigger.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Oct 20 2014, 09:40 AM) *
I think we'll have to give up soon, and just bring them in...

It's important to have someone watch over falcon and keep him unconscious.

But I'm good with this last try with the rigger.

Part of the issue is that turning them in will start a clock. We have to assume that the Johnson will be wired in enough to know when his crew has been taken. That also means that Bradshere is likely in danger for his life, since it would make the Johnson's life the easiest if anyone who could talk about what they were doing was dead. Ideally, I'd like to be able to get to Bradshere before we turn them in, or at least before they're picked up.
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 20 2014, 09:10 AM) *
Part of the issue is that turning them in will start a clock. We have to assume that the Johnson will be wired in enough to know when his crew has been taken. That also means that Bradshere is likely in danger for his life, since it would make the Johnson's life the easiest if anyone who could talk about what they were doing was dead. Ideally, I'd like to be able to get to Bradshere before we turn them in, or at least before they're picked up.

I was kind of under the assumption that us reporting in to Ramirez that we had captured Lynx and Co. meant that he was going to get Bradshere picked up at the same time. It was probably an assumption based on our OOC discussions, however.

ETA: Uh, do we have any water? I've never tracked that in Shadowrun, to be honest. I mean, I seem to recall there is a nasty little pool out back from the floorplan that we had from before, but I doubt we want to give him that if he wants to talk.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 20 2014, 10:38 AM) *
I was kind of under the assumption that us reporting in to Ramirez that we had captured Lynx and Co. meant that he was going to get Bradshere picked up at the same time. It was probably an assumption based on our OOC discussions, however.

ETA: Uh, do we have any water? I've never tracked that in Shadowrun, to be honest. I mean, I seem to recall there is a nasty little pool out back from the floorplan that we had from before, but I doubt we want to give him that if he wants to talk.

I am going to post IC on the assumption that we can get him some water. I will edit accordingly if not smile.gif
-DrZ
Lobo0705
I would imagine you probably don't have any water, unless you are carrying around bottled water with you - although it would not surprise me to learn that Grease has a flask tucked away somewhere on his person...
Jack VII
I guess worst case, Amy could summon a F1 Water Spirit. Just dip a cup into that. It may or may not be potable, but it should quench his thirst either way...
DrZaius
Just to be clear, it's me & Jack in the bedroom right now, right? I have a scheme...
Jack VII
I think Amy is still in the room too, unless she wanted to monitor Falcon with Overkill. He'll likely be coming around soon since Gutter is. Considering the kind of ridiculous way that unconsciousness works in the world of Shadowrun, I imagine most people would notice that just about everyone comes to around the same time after being knocked unconscious (LOL).

ETA: beret.gif to DrZ's post for Grease.
Jack VII
As Grease said.... Bingo!
Lobo0705
I'm sure you've forgotten by now, but you do realize you have a Headjammer plugged into this guy, right?

He is going to try and access his drones in a second, and that is going to be a problem to keep this charade up.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure if that is something he shouldn't have noticed immediately upon waking up, but since he is groggy I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Jack VII
I did forget we had that thing on him. Then again, I wasn't sure how we were running headjammers in this game. They don't 100% shut down a person's stuff, it just acts as an area jammer that only affects one person and their augments.

With that said, I don't know why Grease wouldn't say that the "bad guys" managed to slap the headjammer on him when he was unconscious and we didn't recover the key.
Chrome Head
We can say that he is suspected of being himself the breach, so there's no way he gets unjammed until things are sorted out.

Great work DrZ, finally one of Grease's schemes is working perfectly. smile.gif

We already got a lot out of him just with that one word, Biogene. They're clearly behind the conspiracy if they hired the team and gave them that many resources to work with. On the other hand, we want to thread carefully, because Evo is no enemy we can afford to have. There must remain no link back to us... I'm kind of worried to let Lynx and co. go now, as they can be rescued by Mr.J, made to talk, give us away, and we're screwed.

ETA: We're still disguised aren't we? Hmm but then again Lynx knew who Amy was, it seemed.
Jack VII
^Good point from Chrome. He "could" be the leak.

If we give them to the ZDF, I don't think they're getting away from Ghostwalker's crew. Either way, one would hope that EVO is going to be professional about it. They're not supposed to hold grudges against shadowrunners who work against them once the job is done (assuming limited loss of life and property, probably in reverse order, TBH). Hell, if we did a good enough job screwing their deal up, they might try to hire us next. wink.gif But yeah, let them do the legwork to figure out who we are rather than giving it away.

ETA: We are disguised, but (like with Stinger) I imagine they're able to put two-and-two together if enough of us are in the room at the same time. Truck saw me and probably passed it on. Lynx and Gutter have seen Amy and Overkill in disguise from the rally. I think Grease is really the only one they haven't really seen until now since he was in the car at the rally.
Jack VII
Just considered how valuable this information could be to the UCAS territorial government (or, to be fair, the Sioux Nation territorial government) given the recent tariff problems. Could be lots of leverage for them against the Sioux sector. Granted, EVO should have extraterritoriality, but BioGene is still based in the Sioux Nations and I don't think subsidiaries share extraterritorial status, but I could be wrong.

ETA: Then again, I'm not sure if any of us would have the appropriate contacts to get in front of the right people. I also doubt Amy would be particularly happy about it...
Chrome Head
Amy's never happy with any kind of government or corporation... As long as it hurts them overall, and she gets extra nuyens out of it, she definitely won't mind.
Jack VII
I was just looking at the radical prejudice and figured she'd be unhappy with any outcome that benefited politicians. Giving the info to the politicians on either side would probably end up with the info getting buried for political benefit. I may be reading too much into that though.
Lobo0705
Dr. Z - your story is that you intercepted them before they took Gutter and company too far - i.e. you hit the extraction team AFTER they had already left the apartment. How would you know that Gutter was staying in a separate room than Falcon and Lynx, if Falcon is dead and Lynx is unconscious?

Minor point, I figured I would give you fair warning to change it before Gutter responds.
Lobo0705
As far as the radical prejudice against politicians - I would imagine that Amy would be loathe to let ANY politicians benefit from anything.

So, for instance:

If the action stood to hurt politicians on both sides of a conflict, then she would DEFINITELY support it.

If the action stood to hurt a politician on one side, and have no effect on the politician of the other, then she would also support it heavily.

If the action stood to hurt a politician on one side, and benefit a politician on the other, and the alternative was to do nothing and NEITHER politician benefits, I think a case can be made that she would be a proponent of doing nothing, just to avoid helping one of the politicians.

That last one is probably has wiggle room, but at the level of prejudice that Amy has for politicians - i.e. she feels the same about politicians as a KKK member feels about African Americans - it is definitely something that can get in the way.
Jack VII
I still don't think our particular crew really has any contacts that would work for that play in any event (I think Grease's SK contact is as close as we really get). We should probably be angels and just give it to Ramirez since it's part of the job.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 21 2014, 09:31 AM) *
I still don't think our particular crew really has any contacts that would work for that play in any event (I think Grease's SK contact is as close as we really get). We should probably be angels and just give it to Ramirez since it's part of the job.

Agreed Jack - I also don't think your group (at least right now) is at the level where you are mixing with the type of people who you would be able to fence this info to. More likely you would be paranoid about meeting the wrong person and them killing you to keep the info quiet.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 21 2014, 09:41 AM) *
Agreed Jack - I also don't think your group (at least right now) is at the level where you are mixing with the type of people who you would be able to fence this info to. More likely you would be paranoid about meeting the wrong person and them killing you to keep the info quiet.

Yeah I agree with this, and also about the prejudice. Amy would never help a politician, unless it somehow hurts the institution of governments as a whole, or she has a concrete plan to actually bring down that politician after the fact.
Lobo0705
Just as an FYI - I'm waiting for Dr Z to edit his IC post (or not as the case may be) before I respond.

If you are NOT changing it, just let me know here and I'll respond IC.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 21 2014, 08:18 AM) *
Dr. Z - your story is that you intercepted them before they took Gutter and company too far - i.e. you hit the extraction team AFTER they had already left the apartment. How would you know that Gutter was staying in a separate room than Falcon and Lynx, if Falcon is dead and Lynx is unconscious?

Minor point, I figured I would give you fair warning to change it before Gutter responds.

Good point. A mistake I would make that Grease would not, perhaps. I can update it.
Jack VII
Which bedroom did we put him in, the north of south one? I think I presumed the north one as I referenced the remains of whatever the devil rats had been eating and that was in the north bedroom, IIRC. There is a bathroom that isn't connected to the rest of the house in that room. If we do let him use the facilities, I would suggest the door needs to stay open.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 21 2014, 11:40 AM) *
Which bedroom did we put him in, the north of south one? I think I presumed the north one as I referenced the remains of whatever the devil rats had been eating and that was in the north bedroom, IIRC. There is a bathroom that isn't connected to the rest of the house in that room. If we do let him use the facilities, I would suggest the door needs to stay open.

It is the north bedroom (and there is a bathroom in the room - the door to which is currently closed).
Jack VII
Whoops... cross-posted. I just edited my post to account for Grease's reply to Gutter.
Lobo0705
Ok - so I think we are now at the point where you are going to have to make some tests.

Remember that you don't look anything like a Biogene strike team - Magnum PI mustaches aside, as I understand they are all the rage among the strike teams of 2075 - and that Jack, at the very least, has his clothing soaked in blood.

So I'm thinking:
At this point he is Suspicious -1
Information is ?? to the NPC: this one is hard to pin down. If you aren't who you say you are, then he is in big trouble for telling you. If you are you you say you are, he is in trouble for not telling you. My guess is either Annoying or No Value - we'll come back to this and see if it matters.

Intimidation Modifiers (since Interrogation is a Intimidation specialization)
You outnumber him +2

So total modifier of +1 or 0 dice - for now we will call it +1

Grease has got Charisma 6, Intimidation 3, for a total of 9 dice, +1 for modifiers is 10.
6d6.hits(5)=1

So that last die is a hit, so that +1 die may matter, depending on his roll.

Gutter resists
Charisma + Willpower, -3 for wound modifiers
6d6.hits(5)=3

Ok, so as it turns out, it doesn't matter, since he managed to get 3 hits on his resistance test - either way Grease failed to beat the number of successes he rolled, and so it was a failure.

Unless I'm missing something - but I don't think so.

IC post up shortly

ETA - Gutter is actually -4 for wound modifiers, but as it turns out, that doesn't matter, as he got 3 hits on his first 4 dice frown.gif
Jack VII
Sorry, I'm confused. You said Grease should be rolling 10 dice, but the (non) link says 6d6.hits(5)=1...
DrZaius
Not that it'll matter too much given the circumstances, but does this not fall under Con? I only ask because Grease is a lot better at that type of work, and despite my actions I was trying to pull a fast one on him. At any rate, I'm fine no matter what you rule; just curious cyber.gif

-DrZ
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 21 2014, 12:31 PM) *
Sorry, I'm confused. You said Grease should be rolling 10 dice, but the (non) link says 6d6.hits(5)=1...

My fault - I put the wrong link there frown.gif

10d6.hits(5)=3

That is the right one.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 21 2014, 12:34 PM) *
Not that it'll matter too much given the circumstances, but does this not fall under Con? I only ask because Grease is a lot better at that type of work, and despite my actions I was trying to pull a fast one on him. At any rate, I'm fine no matter what you rule; just curious cyber.gif

-DrZ

Ah - I see. That's fair, your IC post made me feel like it was Intimidation, but I can see where Con is just as applicable.

Let's look at that again:
Charisma 6, Con 5, Pheromones +1

The first modifiers remain the same:
At this point he is Suspicious -1
Information is ?? to the NPC: this one is hard to pin down. If you aren't who you say you are, then he is in big trouble for telling you. If you are who you say you are, he is in trouble for not telling you. My guess is either Annoying or No Value - we'll come back to this and see if it matters.

However, you lose the +2 modifier for outnumbering him, as that is an Intimidation Modifier, not a Con one.

So we now are at base 12 dice, with a -1 or a -2 modifier

Which means you would roll at best one more die, lets see if it matters:
1d6.hits(5)=0

So, in this case it doesn't help you frown.gif

DrZaius
Apparently, he resists with Con + Charisma? (at least according to the table on pg. 141. Wow, Con is significantly more powerful!)

ETA: Limited by his social limit.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 21 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Apparently, he resists with Con + Charisma? (at least according to the table on pg. 141. Wow, Con is significantly more powerful!)

ETA: Limited by his social limit.

Ah yes, of course - that does change his resistance roll frown.gif

So, Charisma + Con -4 for wounds:
3d6.hits(5)=1

So he believes you smile.gif

Its been one of those days smile.gif

IC post up soon - glad we took the time to hash all that out OOC smile.gif

Jack VII
Yeah, this is a weird one. Even though it's a con, it's conning him into thinking you're a BioGene employee trying to intimidate him. LOL With that said, I can see it more of a con than anything, as Grease is really relying on the sense of authority convincing Gutter we are with BioGene would bring to the discussion.
Chrome Head
Yeah, this was all definitely a con in my understanding, not intimidation, good call on rectifying this.

I don't think con is more powerful than intimidate, though, in most cases both skills are not interchangeable.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Oct 21 2014, 01:02 PM) *
Yeah, this was all definitely a con in my understanding, not intimidation, good call on rectifying this.

I don't think con is more powerful than intimidate, though, in most cases both skills are not interchangeable.

I think if it is one on one, Con can be better than Intimidate, if for no other reason than Intimidate is resisted by two attributes (which everyone has) while Con is resisted by an attribute and a skill (which many people may not have) - meaning that, for the most part, your opponent will be rolling less dice when resisting a Con as opposed to resisting an Intimidate.

Faces are the notable exception, but that does play into the notion of never try and bullshit a bullshitter smile.gif
Jack VII
I think the implication DrZ is making is that Con is usually more powerful than Intimidate because the resistance test for Con involves Willpower and Con, a skill that someone might not have, whereas Intimidate is resisted by two Attributes that everyone has (Willpower + Charisma).

@Lobo: Just want to make sure I have this correct. Gutter is saying that Truck took his vehicle at 8PM on July 31st (probably to use in both the hit on the Sisters of Divinity and the sacrifice at the Arsenal that night). They never saw him again after that. The next night on August 1st, Stinger said he was heading out while Lynx was visiting with Johnson. That was basically the night we hit both Truck and Stinger, correct?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 21 2014, 01:11 PM) *
I think the implication DrZ is making is that Con is usually more powerful than Intimidate because the resistance test for Con involves Willpower and Con, a skill that someone might not have, whereas Intimidate is resisted by two Attributes that everyone has (Willpower + Charisma).

@Lobo: Just want to make sure I have this correct. Gutter is saying that Truck took his vehicle at 8PM on July 31st (probably to use in both the hit on the Sisters of Divinity and the sacrifice at the Arsenal that night). They never saw him again after that. The next night on August 1st, Stinger said he was heading out while Lynx was visiting with Johnson. That was basically the night we hit both Truck and Stinger, correct?

That is exactly correct smile.gif I've modified the IC post slightly so that is clearer.
Jack VII
I'm tempted to let him use the restroom, but will defer to Z since it is his interview.

ETA: I'll hang out in the doorway watching the dwarf. I don't care if he wants privacy, he isn't getting it. I'll warn him not to flush as the plumbing hasn't worked for some time.
Jack VII
Sorry if I jumped the gun. I figured if anyone would understand spontaneity, it would be Grease. biggrin.gif

I figured what Jack was saying generally worked into what Grease had been implying so far, plus threaded well with the plan to actually turn them over to someone in authority.
DrZaius
I was going to post earlier I thought it was a great post cyber.gif I think grease would be slightly annoyed, but I am very curious about the answer smile.gif
Jack VII
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Oct 21 2014, 07:22 PM) *
I think grease would be slightly annoyed

Jack's mission is complete. biggrin.gif
Jack VII
I believe Overkill has the Ramirez burner, from what I recall.

I figure we just keep him comfortable and talking for now. Transport him separately from Lynx and Falcon. Overkill and Amy take Lynx & Falcon in one car, we take Gutter in the other. Meet up at the rendezvous point, at which point we control Gutter and turn them all over.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 22 2014, 09:51 AM) *
I believe Overkill has the Ramirez burner, from what I recall.

I figure we just keep him comfortable and talking for now. Transport him separately from Lynx and Falcon. Overkill and Amy take Lynx & Falcon in one car, we take Gutter in the other. Meet up at the rendezvous point, at which point we control Gutter and turn them all over.

Why not use our current location as the rendezvous?
-DrZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012