Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
DrZaius
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Mar 10 2014, 11:39 AM) *
@Grease,

I would say Commerce City is the place to go - not the Hub, so you don't have to get your taxi through the border security, and it is a mostly business district. Any of the main roads will do - East 58th, 60th, 62nd, 64th, or even all the way up at East 72nd. Lots of places to pick up a taxi on any of those roads, (pick a cross street, any cross street - if it doesn't matter to you, we can assume East 60th and Newport). The Quebec Parkway is fairly wide, and given that the meet is for almost 9:00 PM, should not have too much traffic on it. You could drop him off at Mccormicks.

Any other info you need?

Nope, I think I'm good.

As an aside, I was sorting through bookmarks and I came across this:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/t...76795789327.pdf

Very handy crib-sheet for SR5 hacking. Definitely worth checking out.

-DrZ
Jack VII
DrZ: Are you using your commlink or the one Ramirez gave us to contact him? I think Overkill has the latter currently, but I assume he would pass it over to you. I'm trying to keep all of the commlinks straight...
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 10 2014, 12:13 PM) *
DrZ: Are you using your commlink or the one Ramirez gave us to contact him? I think Overkill has the latter currently, but I assume he would pass it over to you. I'm trying to keep all of the commlinks straight...

Jack, good question - assuming Grease says he is using the burner link, why don't we assume the following:

1) From now on, when contacting Ramirez, you will be using the 'link he gave you unless otherwise specified. If you split up again, someone has to claim ownership of it, so we know who would have access to it.
Always Overkill
Dirty Ork snaked my seat... JK. I can run the bug scanner remotely, but I am not sure on the Area Jammer.

I am a little uncertain on the idea of using a regular taxi as a trail car. If the drek hits the fan what are the odds we could get him to drive into the shooting?
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Mar 10 2014, 11:22 AM) *
Jack, good question - assuming Grease says he is using the burner link, why don't we assume the following:

1) From now on, when contacting Ramirez, you will be using the 'link he gave you unless otherwise specified. If you split up again, someone has to claim ownership of it, so we know who would have access to it.

I would like to add that I would perform Matrix Overwatch whenever anyone uses it.
DrZaius
I think I previously used the Burner link, presuming that Overkill would hand it over. I'd be using it for this as well.

-DrZ
Lobo0705
So, just out of curiosity, once you nail down how exactly the meet is going to happen tonight, will you be skipping time forward, or will you plan to try and do something in the meantime?
DrZaius
I don't have anything else, but I'll ask the rest of the group.

Also Lobo- you've got a little formatting error in your last IC post.

-DrZ
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Mar 10 2014, 11:16 AM) *
Dirty Ork snaked my seat...

Oh no! I think you misspelled the word Discrete, LOL. wink.gif

I can run the bug scanner remotely, but I am not sure on the Area Jammer.

I don't think we really need the area jammer, particularly given that it is a forbidden item. If someone had a White Noise Generator, it might be a good idea to bring it along.

I am a little uncertain on the idea of using a regular taxi as a trail car. If the drek hits the fan what are the odds we could get him to drive into the shooting?

I was metagame thinking Amy could call up Tony. That dude drove through a pack of ghouls like it wasn't a thing. I imagine he would consider any drive outside of the Warrens to be pretty liesurely.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Mar 10 2014, 01:48 PM) *
Also Lobo- you've got a little formatting error in your last IC post.

-DrZ

Fixed - thanks!
Lobo0705
@Grease,

The Thomas murder is the "Magical Assault in Apartment 16F" as opposed to "Stingray's Revenge". Your point may still stand about not enough time, but you shouldn't be covered in dirt smile.gif
Jack VII
I imagine we can fade-out while we put the route together? Should we roll a Navigation check to put a decent route together? Amy and Overkill are going to need to direct Tony.
Chrome Head
I propose that we skip ahead a little in IC for the details of the plan. We got a good idea of what we want and I think the GM can fill in the gaps with what our characters would know and be able to find out. What do you think?

ETA: Great minds think alike. wink.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 10 2014, 02:08 PM) *
I imagine we can fade-out while we put the route together? Should we roll a Navigation check to put a decent route together? Amy and Overkill are going to need to direct Tony.

I don't think any skill check is necessary - basically just drive from the pickup east to Quebec Highway, then north to East 72nd, and then west to Mccormicks.

I assume the plan is for Ramirez to take a second cab that he calls back home, while Tony (Turbine) drops you two back off at the rendezvous?

If so, I just need a couple of things:

1) Confirmation that we are done until the pickup from everybody
2) Where Turbine is picking you up, and where Turbine is dropping everybody off.

ETA - so Amy and Jack are good - just need confirms from Overkill and Grease.
Jack VII
LOL, sorry. I'm still approching this whole thing as a surveillance detection route. Lots of planning and skill tends to go into those things. I'm good with keeping it simple.

Also, Jack will need to figure out some way to get back to the Warrens. Since Grease is going to drop Ramirez at McCormick's, that should be when Amy and Overkill can have Tony break off from teh follow and head to whatever drop-off point Grease is going to use to ditch Jack. Jack would just head over to Tony's cab and get in there. Then we all head back to the Warrens and Grease can head back to his place for the night if he wants (at least until we head to Sagebrush early in the AM).
Always Overkill
Are we at all concerned with Amy and I being followed while trailing you, essentially leading them to the Johnson meet?
Jack VII
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Mar 10 2014, 01:37 PM) *
Are we at all concerned with Amy and I being followed while trailing you, essentially leading them to the Johnson meet?

I imagine y'all would not stop anywhere close to the drop-off. You either don't make the turn towards McCormick's or (if there is no turn to make nearby) you keep driving past McCormick's.
Chrome Head
I could summon a spirit and give him instructions to watch over the astral and check whether anyone/anything is following us or seemingly trying to find us. Couldn't hurt.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Mar 10 2014, 01:56 PM) *
I could summon a spirit and give him instructions to watch over the astral and check whether anyone/anything is following us or seemingly trying to find us. Couldn't hurt.

You could summon it and put it in the front seat with Tony. He's always wanted to be a shadowrunner apparently, so he needs to meet a spirit. Plus it can use its Concealment power on your car, which should make it somewhat difficult to keep track of your car.

biggrin.gif
DrZaius
Grease is a go. Don't wait on me.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 10 2014, 03:35 PM) *
You could summon it and put it in the front seat with Tony. He's always wanted to be a shadowrunner apparently, so he needs to meet a spirit. Plus it can use its Concealment power on your car, which should make it somewhat difficult to keep track of your car.

biggrin.gif

I'm not sure you want to use a Concealment power on a car driving in traffic.

While it will make the car more difficult to see by someone trying to keep track of your car, it also makes it harder to see for people actually driving on the same road....
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Mar 10 2014, 02:44 PM) *
I'm not sure you want to use a Concealment power on a car driving in traffic.

While it will make the car more difficult to see by someone trying to keep track of your car, it also makes it harder to see for people actually driving on the same road....

I've always wondered about this power. If someone doesn't have to make a Perception check to see something (as the rules state, obvious things don't require a check) can Concealment make them harder to spot? I always thought it had more to do with hiding things if they are already somewhat difficult to spot (like a car at some distance in traffic) rather than things that are obvious (the car right in front of you). I guess either way, a case can be made for people not noticing you in their rear/sideview mirrors, which would probably be a bad deal.
Chrome Head
I'm with Lobo here, I don't think concealment is appropriate. It's a power that hides the target (and I'm not even sure it can be used on physical objects like cars to begin with).

My intention was really just to have astral surveillance and optional back up, nothing fancy.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Mar 10 2014, 02:54 PM) *
I'm with Lobo here, I don't think concealment is appropriate. It's a power that hides the target (and I'm not even sure it can be used on physical objects like cars to begin with).

My intention was really just to have astral surveillance and optional back up, nothing fancy.

Well, it's a (P) power, so it works on non-living things. Whether the spirit would have a high enough force to effect a car is probably a different story.

By astral surveillance, you mean looking for watchers, spirits, or astrally projecting spellcasters following us? That makes sense.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 10 2014, 05:07 PM) *
By astral surveillance, you mean looking for watchers, spirits, or astrally projecting spellcasters following us? That makes sense.

Yes. We're not sure if we're being followed and the astral is one way to do it. My character can't project and using a spirit for this task makes sense. The spirit can come in handy if there's trouble as well, assuming I get more than one service.
Lobo0705
For me, Concealment is just another form of invisibility, although one just tied to vision. I would give the Concealment penalty to someone trying to hear a runner concealed by a spirit as well.

However, that does present a problem to keep in mind. I glossed over it when Amy was back in Los Mags territory and was on the line for the drugs, and then had the spirit conceal her. To all intents and purposes, she would have just vanished from the line, which probably would have startled some people - but there were other ways she could have gotten away, it wasn't important to force a confrontation, so from a storytelling perspective, the she would have wandered off a bit and then the spirit would have concealed her.

As Jack pointed out, it is a Physical power, and so could be used to Conceal a car, but since my Honda Accord weighs almost 3,000 lbs, and you can affect a number of metahuman sized targets equal to the Spirit's Magic, you would probably need to have a Force 15 spirit or so to conceal it.

Let me know when you need me to, and I can write transition scenes if necessary - I see two needed:

1) Turbine picking up Overkill and Amy
2) Grease and Jack arriving at the pickup spot and picking up Ramirez.

I believe there was talk about leaving something in the back for Ramirez, that should probably be worked out before all this happens, as well as Amy summoning the spirit. You can roll for it, or I can, whichever you prefer. If you want me to roll for it, just let me know the type, force, and any powers you summon it with.

Jack VII
Hmm... did Ramirez look like he had a datajack or anything? Something he could slot a datachip into to review stuff? We might just want to go ahead and create a virtual dossier for him to review with our results so far (video files, quick write up of each incident, etc). Probably wouldn't take too long to create a text file and attach the videos/photos that we have.
Chrome Head
Amy will wait until sun down if possible.

Summoning Force 5 Spirit of Man, Optional Power: Movement
12d6.hits(5)=4

Spirit resisting the Summoning
5d6.hits(5)=1

Amy resisting Drain
13d6.hits(5)=6

She'll get 3 net services and no drain. I'll say those were very good dice.

I imagine this spirit of man looking like a shepherd who cares for his flock. After all Amy is in the shamanic tradition and she also has the Protection totem. I will try to write up something regarding her mentor spirit in game at some point, as this has not been developed yet.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 10 2014, 10:26 PM) *
Hmm... did Ramirez look like he had a datajack or anything? Something he could slot a datachip into to review stuff? We might just want to go ahead and create a virtual dossier for him to review with our results so far (video files, quick write up of each incident, etc). Probably wouldn't take too long to create a text file and attach the videos/photos that we have.

You did not notice a datajack. That being said, even if he doesn't have one, he can still use his commlink to read it.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Mar 11 2014, 03:08 AM) *
Amy will wait until sun down if possible.

She'll get 3 net services and no drain. I'll say those were very good dice.

I imagine this spirit of man looking like a shepherd who cares for his flock. After all Amy is in the shamanic tradition and she also has the Protection totem. I will try to write up something regarding her mentor spirit in game at some point, as this has not been developed yet.

Very good dice indeed smile.gif

Sun down is around 8:15 PM at this time of year in Denver - so you will end up summoning it right before Turbine picks you up, I imagine.
Jack VII
OK, if Ramirez can probably access a file, I'd like to propose that Overkill edits a file together, embeding the video that we have from the different murders that we have available, stripping out any identifying information that may be visible (i.e. anything that might compromise Argent or our other sources).

In essence, we would basically be replicating that powerpoint presentation I put together in the Dropbox. The only one that I think where we may need to conceal something is the Manuel case. Even though Ramirez should know what to expect from shadowrunners, I doubt he'd be happy to know that we stole personal effects from one of the deceased.

If you want, I could probably edit the Powerpoint Presentation into an actual prop that we could provide to him.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 11 2014, 09:31 AM) *
OK, if Ramirez can probably access a file, I'd like to propose that Overkill edits a file together, embeding the video that we have from the different murders that we have available, stripping out any identifying information that may be visible (i.e. anything that might compromise Argent or our other sources).

In essence, we would basically be replicating that powerpoint presentation I put together in the Dropbox. The only one that I think where we may need to conceal something is the Manuel case. Even though Ramirez should know what to expect from shadowrunners, I doubt he'd be happy to know that we stole personal effects from one of the deceased.

If you want, I could probably edit the Powerpoint Presentation into an actual prop that we could provide to him.

If you would want to edit it, that's fine - not really necessary, as I understand the gist of what you are going for.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 11 2014, 09:31 AM) *

If you do, I would really appreciate if you took advantage of the "Star Fade" function between slides. The pun would make my day.

-DrZ
Jack VII
Sadly, my Powerpoint doesn't have the star effect. frown.gif

OK, I cobbled together a file based on the Powerpoint. I think I removed any references to actual witness names from the file, particularly Stingray and Argent, neither of which I imagine would appreciate being identified to a Lone Star officer.

Feel free to review it and let me know if I should change anything.
Lobo0705
Ok - looks like we are ready to go, I'll wait about an hour just in case people need last minute things (and to make sure Chrome gets a chance to chime in since he is on the west coast).

After that, I'll put up Turbine picking up Amy and Overkill somewhere in the Warrens (unless you want him to come to Nic's - that's up to you), and the transition to the meet.
Always Overkill
Overkill will put the file together.

What was that link for the Office programs someone mentioned? I need to get around to downloading it so I can look at the file.

We should probably meet him around the block, somewhere in walking distance from Nics, but not right at the place.
Jack VII
I think it was Open Office that was suggested. I might be able to flip it to a PDF if you can read those.

ETA: I flipped it to a PDF if you want to take a look. I'll delete it once we're good as it will start to eat up the Dropbox capacity.
Jack VII
I think I covered everything...
Lobo0705
Does anyone want to add anything?

If not, then I'll have Ramirez answer Jack.
Chrome Head
Looks fine to me. The main point was said first: Bradshere, and the case file.
DrZaius
Grease is content to let Jack lead the convo since he isn't on Ramirez's best side. Ie I'll pipe up if necessary, but otherwise feel free to keep going.
Jack VII
I'm going to wait for Overkill to have a chance to respond in OOC in case there was anything I missed. The only other things I can think of that Ramirez could help us with would be a bit involved and possibly but him in danger (cross-jurisidctional reaching out to Sanders' attorneys, getting Overkill access to the Lone Star Host, etc).
Chrome Head
I was thinking about getting access to the host, too, there might be no harm in asking politely.
Always Overkill
Actually I think you covered all 3 points we needed most.

Gonna be out for the rest of the day, so feel free to move things along without me.
Jack VII
I'll go ahead and float the idea of getting access to the Host. We'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure the Magic 8-Ball is going to be pessimistic on this one, LOL.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 11 2014, 02:23 PM) *
I'll go ahead and float the idea of getting access to the Host. We'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure the Magic 8-Ball is going to be pessimistic on this one, LOL.

Smooth cool.gif
DrZaius
Just saw Jack's post as I posted mine. Timeline wise, I think Ramirez would answer him before I asked (if that makes sense to you).

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Just let me know when you guys are done with the questions, and I can post the transition scene.

If you do have more questions, please post, and Ramirez will answer them.
Jack VII
I think we're supposed to both bring them in alive and turn them into the ZDF rather than Lone Star to avoid "accidental" deaths of the murderers/conspirators.
Chrome Head
I had to go back and check what it is we're actually trying to do smile.gif

QUOTE ("Ramirez")
find out who's killing cops, and bring them to justice. Find out who's behind it all, and bring them to justice. I am prepared to offer you each 7,500 if you can identify the killers, and a further 7,500 if you can capture them alive and turn them over to the criminal justice system of the UCAS Zone. In addition, I'll offer 7,500 more each for proof of any conspiracy involved, and I believe there is one, and 7,500 more if you can capture the conspirators alive and bring them in as well.

Is "the criminal justice of the UCAS Zone" different from the Lone Star?

One thing we never asked is whether we'd receive partial payment upon completion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012