Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Zaranthan
That's it, you've overflowed my congratulation budget straight into foaming envy. From this day forth, I hereby oppose all that you stand for. You'll rue the day you crossed me, Trebek!

[ Spoiler ]
Seth
@OnlyGhostDancesWhenDrunk
Can I get you to IC meeting up with the rest of them at their carpark?

@SuicideKings
Hansai ships you fairly decent files on Vashon Heights.

Security is by HardCore security:
  • Well trained staff
  • A total of 24 guards.
  • Hardcore use dogs, but not paranormal animals.
  • Motion Sensors/Laser perimeter
  • Wards renewed every four week
  • Their plan against a serious attack is usually get in the panic room and wait for backup
  • There are two panic rooms: one is attached to the security bunker near the entrance, the other is Teague's bed room
  • The data warehouse is not shown on the map, but Hansai believes that it is accessible from Teague's bed room
  • Backup is usually by Helicoptor gunships within 10 minutes
  • HardCore does not pride itself on it's magical security. The most you should expect is a few watchers, maybe a spirit and a few wards.
  • A female called "Meta" <Image of stern looking lady with long black hair in a ponytail> is his main body guard
  • Emm386 is in charge of Decker security
  • Teague has a shaman colleague that often stays in the fortress house

When Teague moves around, he typically has a car fore and aft with 4 guards each, and 1 guards + Meta in his car. This guards come from his estate.
Aria
Seth: Ember has the 'trust fund' quality which is essentially useless in 2072 as it doesn't track lifestyle costs. I've used it to generate his driver and get him limo'd around town but I was wondering if there was a good way to convert it into some influence about now? Ember may be a black sheep but his family won't want his name connected to illegal activities and his Ember ID is well and truly burned (pun intended!) Ideally they'd pull some strings for him to associate Ember with another patsie and let him go back to his real life after this is over. That doesn't help the group at all but it's a dog eat dog thing... Ember won't bail on them yet, that spiel about making Teague pay is very much on his mind!!!

Any thoughts appreciated before we all go and get ourselves killed smile.gif
Friendbot2000
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 3 2011, 03:40 PM) *
@OnlyGhostDancesWhenDrunk
Can I get you to IC meeting up with the rest of them at their carpark?

@SuicideKings
Hansai ships you fairly decent files on Vashon Heights.

Security is by HardCore security:
  • Well trained staff
  • A total of 24 guards.
  • Hardcore use dogs, but not paranormal animals.
  • Motion Sensors/Laser perimeter
  • Wards renewed every four week
  • Their plan against a serious attack is usually get in the panic room and wait for backup
  • There are two panic rooms: one is attached to the security bunker near the entrance, the other is Teague's bed room
  • The data warehouse is not shown on the map, but Hansai believes that it is accessible from Teague's bed room
  • Backup is usually by Helicoptor gunships within 10 minutes
  • HardCore does not pride itself on it's magical security. The most you should expect is a few watchers, maybe a spirit and a few wards.
  • A female called "Meta" <Image of stern looking lady with long black hair in a ponytail> is his main body guard
  • Emm386 is in charge of Decker security
  • Teague has a shaman colleague that often stays in the fortress house

When Teague moves around, he typically has a car fore and aft with 4 guards each, and 1 guards + Meta in his car. This guards come from his estate.

I vote for some arson. Nothing says screw you like arson.
AppliedCheese
I dunno, a ruined career then watching the CEO you were panning on toppling screw your trophy wife before you die painfully at his discretion probably says it pretty well.
Seth
@Aria/SuicideKings
What you are saying is "can I ask my family for help even if they aren't contacts". Yes you can.

@General/SuicideKings
Dealer: You can always try and go in against the IC EMM386 set in that node ork.gif

@AppliedCheese/OnTheBoat
I laughed. I laughed a lot. Thank you for letting that watcher idea work. I feel for Raul.
I did tell the watcher to "return to where it had come when it had left the boat" (I wasn't planning on it sacrificing itself) but it is clear that the Morrigan works in mysterious ways.

AppliedCheese
Meh...we didn't open ourselves to a mysetrious hacker with lnks to one of the most liekly betrayers of the night just so dealer could play script kiddy...maybe another 35 karma and a hundred k nuyen...

And gunships? Are we talking "i converted this old news copter to put a .50/minigun under the wing and some places to shoot from" or are we talking "Look down shoot down, hitting you with missiles from 8km out, 30mm chaingun in the nose, up to several tons of ordnance on the weapons hard points, armored for up to heavy machinegun fire, assault cannon around the cockpit, and the very best avionics, ECM, ECCM, and senor suite money can buy? And a nice little kicker to keep spirits out of the stuff too..."
Seth
Gunships:
We are talking about "not being there 10 mins after the alarm goes up" type of gunships.

I worked at a Nuclear Reactor called "Trawsfynydd" for a while. It had microwave motion sensors, heat sensors, cameras, twin 8 foot chain fences with 3 stands of barbed wire at the top. The SAS used it as an exercise: Over the fences, up a few flights of stairs, explosive (plasticine) on the armored plate blocking the entrance to the control room, and shot everyone in the control room.

Took them less than 20s: I couldn't of run the distance in 20s.

10 mins is a long time in Shadowrun!
LostProxy
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Oct 2 2011, 11:15 PM) *
-Khalil : Which node are you cracking into? Your getting in, even with admin, by your second round. I just need to know what to roll vs your stealth.

Going for the Deck Ops node. Stealth is 6. Even if they spot me I should be able to crash the node before they can do anything thanks to Mute.
AppliedCheese
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3206244/

I regret to inform you that the agent the spider had left in deck ops from last time you were here has most definitely identified you, as of 23:50:15. It has also launched a fairly successful track program in response.

Gentlemen, we are now in combat rounds. Current Situation:

-Inside team is heading up the stairs, approximately 14 ft high per flight, fairly tight. Silk is about half a story up, the others are racing behind her.
-Silk: 11
-Robert:
-Siran:
-The Sea Sprite Agent has sent an alert to the bridge that deck ops is being hacked by someone whose position it is narrowing down, but is in the local area.
-Agent: 13
-Khalil:
-Raul is 3 rounds away, realizing "oops"
-The crew and officers at large have not yet come to the realization they are being pirated.
-The Authorities: ???
AppliedCheese
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 3 2011, 10:17 PM) *
Gunships:
We are talking about "not being there 10 mins after the alarm goes up" type of gunships.

I worked at a Nuclear Reactor called "Trawsfynydd" for a while. It had microwave motion sensors, heat sensors, cameras, twin 8 foot chain fences with 3 stands of barbed wire at the top. The SAS used it as an exercise: Over the fences, up a few flights of stairs, explosive (plasticine) on the armored plate blocking the entrance to the control room, and shot everyone in the control room.

Took them less than 20s: I couldn't of run the distance in 20s.

10 mins is a long time in Shadowrun!

Of course, they literally rehearsed that for days, maybe weeks, before hand...but its considered one of the basic ways to overrun a secure facility. The technology may be excellent, but slow pudgy biological CPUs are still trying to figure out whats going on by the time your running down the hall. Its one of the reasons in truly defensive architecture, one of the design principles is to induce time delays in movement.
Aria
@Dysfunctional Family: I think I'm waiting for you to decide what to do next (but could be wrong about that?!?). The boy should wake up on his own in the next half hour or so (he is sleeping more normally now rather than being catatonic) but you could safely wake him now if you want to ask some questions...

@I'm on a boat: Silk's initiative 8D = 3hits = 11 (2 IPs)

@SKs: I get Dealer's reasoning and I'm sure Ember is mechanically fit enough to go on a 3am strike but RP wise I think he'd be unwilling to risk another foray so soon without solid recon and legwork (we buggered it up before by going in too fast, by neccessity granted but...)

Guess it depends what's on the data we've found...and for that we need Ghost to come and find us...
Seth
@Dysfunctional
Gotcha: I'll walk up the boy as gently as I can.

Some sort of influence skill to not scare him: 3 successes
Maybe a first aid roll to generally bring him out gently: 7 successes

Let me know OOC what sort of effect that has, and I'll IC the boy waking up.
Friendbot2000
@Dysfunctional
Ajax would like to talk to the boy. He has a pretty good relationship with children seeing as he wanted to be a dad so much but never got the chance due to his wifes murder. He didn't even care if the child turned out to be a ghoul. It would still be his kid. I think he might be able to get more out of him than you because he knows how to talk to kids. In his line of work, kids can be a good source of information because no one expects them to know anything but they pick up on a lot. Ajax brought some candy and a couple of neat items for the kid to kind of win his trust a bit.

I think Ajax will get him some new clothes and get him cleaned up a bit with a new haircut so he blends in a bit better. That and feed the poor bugger some good food.
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 4 2011, 09:01 PM) *
@SKs: I get Dealer's reasoning and I'm sure Ember is mechanically fit enough to go on a 3am strike but RP wise I think he'd be unwilling to risk another foray so soon without solid recon and legwork (we buggered it up before by going in too fast, by neccessity granted but...)

Guess it depends what's on the data we've found...and for that we need Ghost to come and find us...

Just to add to that, how long is it going to take us to sift through that data? We also should seriously consider reloading before the mission, and I'm not sure how much time that will take as well. Dealer and Copperhead lost most of their spare munitions with the LAW strike, and I don't think I have enough ammo left over to make up for the rest of the group. I tried getting in touch with my fixer before parking the RV, but I rolled low on my d6 and I'm not sure if it's too soon to try again.
Seth
@SuicideKings
I am in that classic GMing problem with pbp: I want to give out some data, but cannot yet.

Let's assume for the sake of planning that the data shows the death of Allanby at the hands of a rutherium fibred person just after you left the room. This would in a fair world clear your names: and if you want you could always try to hand yourselves over to Knight Errant. It doesn't however implicate anyone else. It will probably take less than a minute to find this out.

As far as getting ammo etc goes:
  • If you want to go back to Molly's panic room there is plenty of stuff
  • I think most of your contacts are incommunicado or dead. Please feel free to get in touch with any contacts you want to ork.gif
  • You can try calling in at a corner shop: this is Shadowrun after all
  • There are a couple of serious gun shops in the Barrens (I success on Seattle Area Knowledge or similar to know about them)

AppliedCheese
I'm down to under 300 rounds anf a few grenades. One body load only. Half APDS, half ex ex. The 800 from molly's went kaboom.
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
sry for the delay once more will go meet them in the IC and then hack the wonderful data so you can relay the rest of the info smile.gif. If im thinking were attacking a fortress (will do a data roll for infos on the place etc etc) Im going to want to find heavy ordnance? Maybe now is a time to see if i can boost something off the lot or cause a miscommunication on a suborbital that happens to decide to choose his house as an impromptu landing site?

Couple things:

- whats the address roughly of the carpark etc (going to IC hansai giving me the details etc and a tiny run down on the involved parties on my team-to-be).

threading test to make a nice browse CF

resonance 4 + software 3 + analtical mind 2 = 9d6

9d6.hits(5) → [3,6,6,5,1,5,5,5,6] = (7) (using 4 hits)

Fading Test: 4stun

Res 4 + willpower 6 = 10d6

10d6.hits(5) → [6,6,6,1,3,3,2,4,6,4] = (4)

no fading

Data Search for Info on the fortress (blueprints (both regular and obscure), contract details (loadouts to be carried by each guard etc), lists of employees of HardCore (and if I find those then Ill look at their database for location stuff), Delivery Schedules etc

Data Search 3 + am 2 + Browse 4 = 9 dice

9d6.hits(5) → [4,3,3,2,5,1,3,6,6] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2,2,1,6,1,5] = (2)
7d6.hits(5) → [4,4,4,1,1,3,2] = (0)
6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,3,5,5] = (3)
5d6.hits(5) → [5,6,3,5,5] = (4)
4d6.hits(5) → [1,6,5,5] = (3)

Data Search on Teague himself:

9d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,1,5,4,4,6,3] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [3,3,6,5,3,5,1,3] = (3)
7d6.hits(5) → [5,4,6,6,5,4,5] = (5) <--------------- wowzahs hot dice today!
6d6.hits(5) → [1,3,6,2,1,3] = (1)
5d6.hits(5) → [2,4,3,4,2] = (0)

Data Search on Would Be Teammates:

Ember:

9d6.hits(5) → [6,4,3,3,1,6,1,6,1] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [2,6,1,1,1,6,6,5] = (4)
7d6.hits(5) → [4,1,6,4,5,4,4] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,3,6,5,4] = (4)
5d6.hits(5) → [4,3,3,6,6] = (2)

Copperhead:

9d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2,1,6,4,6,5,4] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [6,5,5,6,1,5,1,1] = (5)
7d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,2,4,3,4] = (1)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,6,5,4,2] = (3)
5d6.hits(5) → [6,4,1,3,5] = (2)

Demon:

9d6.hits(5) → [1,4,6,1,3,6,5,4,5] = (4)
8d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,4,6,3,4,2] = (3)
7d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5,6,2,1,3] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [5,4,2,3,2,1] = (1)
5d6.hits(5) → [6,1,4,3,2] = (1)

Dealer:

9d6.hits(5) → [3,5,6,5,6,1,5,2,5] = (6) <--- your past will find you out 0.o???
8d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,1,4,6,1,4] = (2)
7d6.hits(5) → [5,3,6,3,4,2,5] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [5,6,5,6,1,2] = (4)
5d6.hits(5) → [6,3,3,3,2] = (1)

Seth
If im thinking were attacking a fortress (will do a data roll for infos on the place etc etc) Im going to want to find heavy ordnance? Maybe now is a time to see if i can boost something off the lot or cause a miscommunication on a suborbital that happens to decide to choose his house as an impromptu landing site?

Heavy ordnance is good if you have the attributes/skills to use it. I suspect though that you will be quite busy in the Matrix ork.gif

The critical part of the operation is get data out: and there is no offsite backup. I am reminded of the story about chicken and pigs, the rest of the group are committed, while you are currently just involved (I'll have to fix that...).

Hansai has already given a dump of what is easy, and not so easy to find . If you are looking for general stuff you get some of that. If you want something specific: ask and ye shall receive.

As for the hacking we might as well start:
  • The hardware is a heap of 20 years old junk that is only working because someone keeps giving it a lot of love (and because when it came out it cost a million nuyen). It's not wifi enabled in anyway normally
  • There is a cheap wifi router plugged in (signal 3)
  • It's a device rating 3, so you don't need to bother rolling to hack an ordinary account, or you can roll to get a better account.
  • Sitting in the middle of the only node, is a strange sculpture made of little old fashioned Integrated Circuits (I nearly said ICs), which not so coincidentally are three optioned up black IC agents (rating 5...they need the options to even run on this hardware). Currently it is morphed into a three D sculpture of text which reads "I'm coming for you Dealer"
  • There are shelves upon shelves with robot arms that go get reels of old fashioned movie film
  • There is a second node which is a movie theatre.

Once you have hacked in, assuming you don't set off an alert:
  • You need to roll a hacking + stealth
  • If you want to understand what anything is, can you give me a matrix perception test for it
  • The agents roll 4 successes on their matrix perception to see you.
  • I'll wait until you get past the IC (sneaking or fighting) before proceeding to getting the data

kk sorry was still editing in my rolls for data searches, all specific as hell and i rolled like win biggrin.gif
Are you using the optional rules regarding mundane IC vs technos? Just needed to know that first.

Once Im at the carpark these rolls will occur:

heres my rolls:

threading up my stealth:

Res 4 + software 3 + am 2 = 9

9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,2,5,3,6,5,2,6] = (4)

Fading:

Res 4 + will 6 = 10d6

10d6.hits(5) → [5,4,1,5,4,4,6,3,3,5] = (4)

no stun

= stealth 8 (now maintaining that threading so -2 to all actions)

Hacking on the fly my end: going for admin

Hacking 3 + black hat 2 + Exploit 4 = 9d6 (holy crap im way underpowered, you should love me seth for even taking your wish to make a super non-optimized techno ><)

Threshold 9

7d6.hits(5) → [1,5,6,4,3,6,4] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [4,4,2,5,5,4] = (2)
5d6.hits(5) → [1,4,6,2,2] = (1)
4d6.hits(5) → [2,6,1,1] = (1)
3d6.hits(5) → [6,4,2] = (1)
2d6.hits(5) → [3,1] = (0)
1d6.hits(5) → [5] = (1)

Im starting to really think I took that character nerfing too much to heart... this guy doesnt have (ANY) good dicepools. Fairly upset at that character right now lol.

AppliedCheese
@ Ghost

For your dealer data search:

Dealer came on scene in Seattle about 4 years ago, though you had to get through the street names MoneyMan and Mercy to follow the whole track which seems associated. It looks like the someone trucked him in from somewhere out of town, probably in the CSA. It gets very hazy from before that point, with the occasional erratic rumor or isolated data point indicating he may have been from either Manhattan or Savannah. Trying to follow the moniker earlier than that simply hits dead ends. Some of which definitely shouldn't be dead ends, though there is a known story of three major vory figures walking in Savannah after the DA was convicted of insider trading with some EVO subsidiaries about two months before MoneyMan arrived in Seattle. EVO has completely blocked anything concerning EVO employees in the matter.

The MoneyMan moniker is the easiest to track, and runs from '68 to '70. During the Snohomish power struggle between the Yakuza and the vory, the Vory were bringing in outside talent in copious numbers to help consolidate a power base for expansion. While there's nothing incriminating in any legal sense, diving the right sort of Datahaven tells of a story where a relatively junior Moneyman went along with a very new made man (name unknown) to negotiate terms with a local fence. The entire story isn't known, but its strongly implied that the fence, his wife, and his children were all killed. The name comes up again in reference to a small time freelance mage who was found dead of "overcasting", largely because he was trying to heal crushed glass in his lungs and throat while in a mage restraint hood. It starts to pick up steam with lone star, associated with the ongoing organized crime turf wars, but all references disappear around the time the KE took over. Incidentally, the one downtown residence you had pegged became an unsolved arson case during the transfer of authority to KE.

The only known association between MoneyMan and Mercy is a similarly killed mage and the fact that Mercy appears on scene about 2 months later, shortly after a series of cyber and bioware truck jackings and the establishment of a new street clinic in Snohomish. The name initially appears to be a freelance runner, but if you follow the periphery, the stories are two to three degrees of separation away from known Vory actions. A solid reputation, as far as you can tell, in the shadow havens. Wetwork, not a problem. Some of the more moral custodians denounced it, but as far as shadowrunners go, there's nothing obscene. Then a neophyte runner team starts bragging about how they totally ganked this one guys stock portfolio, and it was a fragging money pay out. What a loser. They all turn up dead within a month, as do their families. Not in pleasant ways. The references to mercy completely stop at this point, late '71.

Actually linking Mercy to Dealer took quite a bit of digital legwork. If it hadn't been for a news article on a KE detective being busted for fraud, and the amount supposedly paid matches the braggart claims from the Mercy thread with a "win big" ARO from a casino showing the figure you had identified as Mercy playing black jack having a 59% likelihood of matching the current poorly distributed image of Dealer form earlier tonite, you doubt you would have made the connection.
Seth
As far as optional rules: No I'm RAW where possible.

I hear you about the "way underpowered" and I appreciate it. My only limit though was a resonance of 4, so you can raise those skill groups to 4 if you want (a quick respec is fine). I suggest that the best solution is for me to not force you to "start at zero sprites/widgets" and simultaneously not give you time to summon those. That's kind of double nerfing: I cap you because you can have sprites, and then don't let you have them.

So I propose that you start with your charisma in registered sprites with a rank of your resonance, and a number of services equal to your registration skill. Don't forget to compile a sprite too: they can assist you with your actions.

Also the hacking on the fly rolls all had 2 more die for hot sim, so you get an admin account easily and don't set off an alarm.

Can you make me a hacking + stealth roll?
LostProxy
Initiative http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3206930/

Since I'm in the Node and the agent and I have the same score does that mean we go at the same time?
AppliedCheese
Yes. Simultaneous exchange.
The agent promptly turns on your icon and attacks, the barely dressed mermaids turning into screaming sea hags
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3206939/
1 Hit

Who are apparently really just naggy.
Notsoevildm
@Ghost

9d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2,1,6,4,6,5,4] = (3)
Copperhead is a member of the Gamma Liberation Front, a bunch of toxic mages bent on taking down civilisation. Recent attacks at a hotel and bar in Seattle show her mercilessly attacking KE and corpsec troops.

8d6.hits(5) → [6,5,5,6,1,5,1,1] = (5)
Charlotte Manson, a ward of Ares Macrotechnoloy, was badly injured in a laboratory fire in 2060, requiring cyber replacement of both arms and the replacement of over 70% of her skin with a prototype dermal armor. In 2064, she goblinized into a troll and was reported missing in 2069.

7d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,2,4,3,4] = (1)
She operates out of a squat in Crush territory in the barrens.

6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,6,5,4,2] = (3)
Copperhead is a cybered troll shaman who runs with Crimson Crush. She is linked to a Crush member called Cutter who is also cybered but not awakened. They are mainly gangers with a little shadow experience.

5d6.hits(5) → [6,4,1,3,5] = (2)
Copperhead recently did some low-level shadow work for a Johnson called Okayama. Okayama was apparently impressed enough by her to put her on retainer.
Seth
Copperhead is a member of the Gamma Liberation Front, a bunch of toxic mages bent on taking down civilisation. Recent attacks at a hotel and bar in Seattle show her mercilessly attacking KE and corpsec troops.

lol
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Oct 4 2011, 05:34 PM) *
Data Search on Would Be Teammates:

Ember:

9d6.hits(5) → [6,4,3,3,1,6,1,6,1] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [2,6,1,1,1,6,6,5] = (4)
7d6.hits(5) → [4,1,6,4,5,4,4] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,3,6,5,4] = (4)
5d6.hits(5) → [4,3,3,6,6] = (2)

That's a lot of hits...hmmm, you probably get most of the skinny from my background but I'll try and precis here:

Wanted Gamma terrorist?!? - well you can't believe the trids these days nyahnyah.gif

Occasional runner, has worked as a fixer on 'magical' assignments
Connected (married) to the fixer Argent
French Druid

Deep digging will reveal he's got connections to a noble house in France. He's a professor at Seattle U. Rumours of links to the Stillwater transhumanists
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 4 2011, 01:59 PM) *
@Dysfunctional
Gotcha: I'll walk up the boy as gently as I can.

Some sort of influence skill to not scare him: 3 successes
Maybe a first aid roll to generally bring him out gently: 7 successes

Let me know OOC what sort of effect that has, and I'll IC the boy waking up.

QUOTE (Friendbot2000 @ Oct 4 2011, 02:22 PM) *
@Dysfunctional
Ajax would like to talk to the boy. He has a pretty good relationship with children seeing as he wanted to be a dad so much but never got the chance due to his wifes murder. He didn't even care if the child turned out to be a ghoul. It would still be his kid. I think he might be able to get more out of him than you because he knows how to talk to kids. In his line of work, kids can be a good source of information because no one expects them to know anything but they pick up on a lot. Ajax brought some candy and a couple of neat items for the kid to kind of win his trust a bit.

I think Ajax will get him some new clothes and get him cleaned up a bit with a new haircut so he blends in a bit better. That and feed the poor bugger some good food.

Ok, Jotamon gets the first crack at the kid (no puns there, this isn't an interrogation yet!) as Ajax hasn't met up with you yet and the kid probably should have woken up earlier except for a swamped GM nyahnyah.gif

He's incoherant mostly, babbling about dogs and men with guns. He reacts with a degree of panic at first but you are soothing enough that he calms, he's just not making a lot of sense and the gutterspeak doesn't help much. If you can IC that then Ajax will arrive and you can question him together. We'll start with you posing questions OoC and I'll piece together a response from that if that's ok with you two? That way it's more like a question and answer session and less like me giving you the info on a plate smile.gif

Bribes will help too...and as I can't face trying to speak gutter his diction will probably clear up impressively with some toffee in his gob biggrin.gif
Friendbot2000
My arrival and talking to the boy depends upon the rest of the group going to the meeting spot I designated so I am kind of twiddling my thumbs until that happens.

I will be arriving at the meeting spot shortly and I sent a PM to Seth IC saying that I might be late due to traffic and the stuff I picked up. Now someone post already so I am not bored in class nyahnyah.gif
Seth
Bribes will help too...and as I can't face trying to speak gutter his diction will probably clear up impressively with some toffee in his gob

Lol. OK I will kick this off after work
JxJxA
@ Ghost and Suicide Kings

I like Notsoevil's breakdown, so I think I'll post my info the same way. biggrin.gif

9d6.hits(5) → [1,4,6,1,3,6,5,4,5] = (4)
The mercenary turned terrorist known as Demon has recently joined the cause of the notorious toxic magician, Gamma, and his ignominious legion of evil called the "Gamma Liberation Front." Don't be fooled by his genteel looks and suave demeanor: Demon is a cold and unfeeling killer who is just as likely to use his charm to avoid capture as he is willing to place young women, mothers and infants in danger merely to save his vile employer's life. <<links to news clips on Allanby's death and attacks on seemingly random Seattle businesses>>

8d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,4,6,3,4,2] = (3)
Demon is known to operate using various aliases. He is currently suspected to be moving under the assumed name "Aubert Benoit." However, he has been known to use "Maximilien LaFayette," "Jacques Sieyes," "Gilbert Bailly," "Henri Montesquieu." His pattern of using names derived from French patriots and revolutionaries indicates a deep hatred of authority, an embrace of anarchy, and a general desire to rebel against contemporary metahuman civilization.

7d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5,6,2,1,3] = (3)
Demon is the code name used by a French shadorunner who gained local fame (or infamy, depending on who you're asking) in Marseilles as an assassin extraordinaire. He is one of the SINless, although he often operates using fake SINs. His true name is believed to be "Damien Donatien," but there is no government document verifying this information. His parentage is likely that of a Marseillaise prostitute. He recently left France for the UCAS territory of Seattle shortly after the revelation of nationally embarrassing "Project Omen" for unknown reasons. It's kind of strange that he left, because from everything I've seen he loved Marseilles. It almost looks like some sort of self-imposed exile, or maybe he is running from some heat that is too good for us gumshoes to see. He has yet to garner the same reputation in Seattle as he had in France---unless you add in the whole "Gamma Liberation Front" fiasco which I'm not completely convinced he's a part of---but he has only recently hit stateside. Here are a few links you might find useful if you're researching this guy: Source A, Source B. ---Watson (from a forum you found off of the net)

6d6.hits(5) → [5,4,2,3,2,1] = (1)
"Is it working?"
"Madame, whatever do you mean? If anyone should know the answer to that question..."
"The camera, silly! I know that your---"

(Dialogue from a clip from one of a variety of amateur sextrids involving someone who looks and sounds like Demon and comely young women floating around the net. I'm assuming you hit the stop button right there... nyahnyah.gif)

5d6.hits(5) → [6,1,4,3,2] = (1)
You find a list of people killed in connection with forwarding Project Omen off of some classified Shiawase records. Demon's information comes up in connection with a few of these names. It appears he was the "asset" employed to kill a few of these people through a middleman going under the alias "Tsunenaga." Based on what you can see, it looks like Demon was led to believe each kill was an isolated job with no connection whatsoever, and he was likely as blindsided by "Project Omen" as the rest of France.
Seth
"Is it working?"
"Madame, whatever do you mean? If anyone should know the answer to that question..."
"The camera, silly! I know that your---"

Lol
LostProxy
@Cheese

Technically thanks to Mute I get a little time of peace. They would hit me after Mute wears off.

But for the record here is the dodge anyway

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3208197/

As for my actions I am going to create a communications nightmare by crashing their node. First I use my free action to switch to AR to avoid the feedback. Then I crash the node.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3208207/

Spend a point of edge to reroll failures.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3208209/

So 11. I'm guessing that did it since there is no way this thing is a 6/6 node.
JxJxA
@ Seth:

I was running out of things to say! Plus, the net is a dangerous place to look for answers. Never know what'll pop up... biggrin.gif
AppliedCheese
Down goes deck ops, down goes deck ops.
Seth
I'm planning on waking up the kid, asking a couple of questions then meeting up with you and Issacs. If he goes haywire on waking, then I can contain him better in the van than on a street or in a shop. (I don't think he will: it's just minimizing possible downsides).
Sorry for the wait on SK guys. Will have a post up this afternoon midterms plus new fiance = time gone. I edited my stats seth (took out 1 pt of str (i hate dump stats but kinda had too) pulled 1 level from registering and bumped both cracking and electronics up and killed off a couple of my cfs.
Seth
@Ghost
Just checking you saw the post where I said you could start with some registered sprites:

As far as optional rules: No I'm RAW where possible.

I hear you about the "way underpowered" and I appreciate it. My only limit though was a resonance of 4, so you can raise those skill groups to 4 if you want (a quick respec is fine). I suggest that the best solution is for me to not force you to "start at zero sprites/widgets" and simultaneously not give you time to summon those. That's kind of double nerfing: I cap you because you can have sprites, and then don't let you have them.

So I propose that you start with your charisma in registered sprites with a rank of your resonance, and a number of services equal to your registration skill. Don't forget to compile a sprite too: they can assist you with your actions.

Also the hacking on the fly rolls all had 2 more die for hot sim, so you get an admin account easily and don't set off an alarm.

Can you make me a hacking + stealth roll?
Friendbot2000
What a coincidence Seth. I got the gutterspeak linguasoft too. You and I are going to make a great team wink.gif

We are in luck though. Ajax knows a guy that works at a motel, the boss is away most of the time so he should be able to get us in free and clear without trouble. Will take some sweet talking though. I prefer to do negotiation to hacking. My specialty in hacking is picking up comm traffic and snooping. Not hardcore hacking and spoofing just so you know. I am a PI that does most of his work the old fashioned way wink.gif

Ajax has been a PI/Reporter for about 12 years now moonlighting as a shadowrunner. He knows a lot of people in the city. I figure Aria that I could just make social tests with them to convince them to cash in a favor for us? That way it is fair and I am not the God of contacts. I figure that Ajax knows a lot of people due to his line of work and I only put the higher profile contacts on his sheet like his fixer and stuff. The majority of the people he knows are lowly clerks, motel workers, just regular joes that he has helped in one way or another. Ajax does a lot of pro bono work on the side too. He is a softy when it comes to regular people in trouble. I like to think of him as a white night with a quarter of of black night in him.

I don't know if any of you guys have seen the TV show "Leverage", but he is kind of like the lead character that Timothy Hutton plays. He is a white knight turned semi black due to the corporations screwing him over and causing the death of his loved ones. Most of you probably haven't seen it because I am guessing the majority of you are located across the pond (I am American, just so you know nyahnyah.gif). So I am a crusader with a lot of character flaws biggrin.gif
JxJxA
LOL, I'm an American living abroad right now. I'm in Busan, ROK, which is why my posting times are kind of crazy. nyahnyah.gif

I know that show, although I've never seen it. Wasn't Jeri Ryan on it for a bit? (Had to look it up, and I see she still is on it. smile.gif )
Friendbot2000
Rolling to lower the price of getting a room off the books

14d6 → [6,3,1,6,4,5,3,2,4,3,1,2,5,5] = 5 successes
AppliedCheese
@Seth

Log6 + Seattle 3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3209580/
4 hits

@JxJa

Hmmm. San Diego. Busan ROK. MARFORK or support?
Seth
I knew Runner Havens would come in useful.

The Crime Mall (Puyallup)
Lone Star has been trying to put this place out of business since it opened after the first Crash, but so far they’ve had no luck.
It’s no wonder—this three-story abandoned mall on the outskirts of Puyallup is the best place in town to find just about anything
illegal you might be looking for. Weapons, armor, drugs, pirated software, electronics, cyberware, magical gear—if you can think of
it and it’s not legal, odds are that somebody here is selling it. It’s simply too useful to too many people to allow the Star to shut it
down. In the past couple of years some of the core “merchants” there have chipped in to upgrade the place’s defenses (including
an AR network designed to confuse the hell out of anybody who doesn’t belong there) and they charge the small fry a nominal fee
to participate. There’s high turnover among the smaller merchants as they get picked up by the Star or knifes in a dispute over pricing,
but the big ones have been there for years and are well-versed in staying out of trouble.

> If you’re looking for big firepower, talk to a dwarf named Otto who’s got a gun shop down at the south end of the second floor.
He’s connected with the Red Hot Nukes and he can get you some major bang-bang. Tell him I sent you.
> Beaker

> The lady who runs Fatima’s Magical Emporium on the third floor is actually a free spirit, and she’s always looking for new exotic materials
for her telesma. Check with her if you’ve got any or if you want a job hunting for some.
> Winterhawk

Another options is Rod's Rods: Sells cars, guns and general nasty stuff. Based in the Barrens between Touristville and low city. Rod is an elf, and is believed to be a Young Elven Technologist.

Seth
@FriendBot
Not seen the show.My favourite "shadowrunny" series is currently Burn Notice.

JxJxA
@ Applied Cheese:

Teaching English abroad. Hopefully, only for a year and the government starts hiring again. x_x
AppliedCheese
Combat Tracker, IOAB, Round 1

Inside
-Silk 12 : Action?
-Robert ?? : Action?
-Siran ?? : Action ?

-Matrix
Khalil- Crashed Deck Ops
Sea Sprite - Bee-yoouuuu...attacked and missed.

-Astral
Raul : 3 rounds out

-Other
Deck crews are going "Huh? what? What happened to deck net?"
Command crew is processing information
Someone, somewhere, is drinking soykaf entirely unaware of any of this
The authorities: ?????

Seth
Thanks for the summary. I don't actually know where we are: we are in a stairway...how far is that to the bridge?

My action is pretty simple: Follow Silk. He's the one that has the best infiltration and general scouty stuff. I am here to provide muscle and magical support.

I'd be happy to grab the lead, but actually Silk is much better at it than I am

@Aria
To be honest we should abandon the stealthy stuff and blitzkrieg now. Charge them! If you want I'll go first...just indicate.

Notsoevildm
@Seth:

Taking some painkillers, relaxants, etc.: Logic 3 + First aid 1 + Medkit 6 = 10d6.hits(5)=4
However mage is -2 dice, cyber is -2 dice, potentially additional -1 for conditions and a further -2 if the stim has worn off plus a threshold of 2 pretty much means she is pretty much immune to first aid (at least when treating herself).

Resting for 2 hours:
Body 6 + Will 5 = 11d6.hits(5)=2, 11d6.hits(5)=5 - at least she recovers quickly on her own. All stun healed and still on a high! For about another 90 minutes anyway, and then she takes 6S (unresisted!) from the cram crash.
Seth
@SuicideKings
  • I'm happy for you to go shopping: If you take reasonable precautions (disguse etc) I won't hassle you. Just IC getting the stuff.
  • I think it's likely that you are going to attack/sneak in to Teagues place. (You can still just hand yourselves over to Knight Errant)
  • If so you need to decide v early. When Teague is out for his breakfast meeting. When Teague is out for the evening charity do.
  • Personally I think you should consider doing it in the evening: Most of you are pretty smashed about, and a few hours rest will make a big difference. I'll allow a days worth of healing if you do that. You aren't sure what time Teague will leave: the charity do is scheduled from 8pm to 2am.
  • You can of course do it in the morning (ideally before Copperhead's crash). The breakfast show is at 7am, so Teague will probably leave about 6am. It will be light, but it will still be pretty early.
  • I think your planning can go ahead even without the contents of Allanby's RV, as that will have little impact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012