Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
@ MG: Editing. The called shot is why I left things alone. I'm not sure how much it'll be, but it will affect my main roll and reroll. :-/ I have ultra and thermo on my goggles. I'm not sure how they affect range.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 10 2013, 10:04 PM) *
@ MG: Editing. The called shot is why I left things alone. I'm not sure how much it'll be, but it will affect my main roll and reroll. :-/ I have ultra and thermo on my goggles. I'm not sure how they affect range.
I think ultrasound would be rather extreme range. It would get -3 visibility. Thermographic is valid, but would get -4 total. SR4A136 Partial Light + Heavy Smoke.
Aria
Also ultrasound is an active sensor and would probably get you shot by HMG fire! Not nice!!! Sorry no more IC from me this week, will crack on for Monday!
Machine Ghost
Had this ready to go last night, but missed posting it.  Must have been tired or something.  Maybe found out why: initial posting this failed due to BBCode error. Probably posted, but missed seeing the error message.
After shutdown, I had an extra thought.  Do we need to back up for Oyl, the Mage, and the tacnet guy doing first aid?

SR4A163 Unconsciousness: when the track is full, fall unconscious.
SR4A338 has a stim patch acting as high pain tolerance.  This reduces the wound modifiers negative for actions, but does not heal the damage.  The track is still full, so the mage passes out, and will not wake up until some of the damage has been healed.  Minimum 1 hour.  With that, the only thing a stim patch will do for an unconscious person, is add another box of stun damage when it wears off.  Content below still has Oyl trying to make sure no one is going to wake up the mage, but if the above information is correct, her medical knowledge should tell her that anything short of full medical intervention, using specialized drugs with attendant risks, is not going to wake up the mage.

QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 10 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Ok, as you may or may not have seen from the IC yet, Spindle is out of it.  The one other mage (Firebox) is by no means a combat machine (the name is ironic!)…reclusive tinkerer is much closer to the mark and probably frightened of his own shadow…this is down to PCs now ork.gif
Oyl will put him to work anyway.

Happy with the comms between Osha and Sprogget, will IC the info from the nodes and the spirits as best I can but the summary is here:
  • Unconcious mage in open cocoon…damn those biomonitors!
  • Mundane in another open cocoon (did you think they’d fall for the same trick twice?), presumably the rigger.  Has an active ‘link with firewall 7+ stealth 6 (buy hits = 3)!
  • The Citymaster has no node on the matrix, probably slaved to the rigger’s link by direct access
  • Two more in the Citymaster, one running the tacnet (stealth 6, firewall 6 / buy 3 hits) and the other with a bionode (firewall 4, stealth CF 6 / buy 2 hits) - Winter
  • Tacnet guy is doing first aid on the mage…handy stim patch [6] coming up!
Biomonitor expected, but had to work with what is currently known

Feel free to ask some more specific questions beyond this based on your rolls…bear in mind that although we are sort of out of combat time I’m still keeping it in mind, so don’t scan for too long!
At least Sprogget is running on full matrix time.  Can do a lot with 3 IP, and 2 simple actions per IP.  From the rolls shown 'used', it looks like you have ignored the commlink for the Mage, or he does not have one.  Mage being unconscious should not take out the commlink.  No persona of course, but the node would still be there.  I expected it would be somewhat lower rated, unless he is part of the milspec group, and they all have standard gear.

Good luck trying to take over the Citymaster ork.gif  I did try and warn you all!
Heh smile.gif  We were doing fine against the forces we could see smile.gif

The link to Freedom is fragile but there…

I guess we can work out a tribal budget come the 2075 game…almost certainly less than you’d like ork.gif
always.  Champagne taste, beer budget.

They will be running an encrypted tacnet (soldier boys have a separate one to that being run for the gangers).  The gangers one is originating from the second of the original APCs.  Firewall and encryption 6 for the soldiers, 3 and 4 for the gangers!  Intercepting the traffic is one thing, I suspect to falsify it you would need to be in the originating node…
From that wording, sounds like they are running a centralized tacnet UN125, same as Sprogget is.  That is a cheaper solution, though limited by the number of subscriptions the central node can handle, which is System x 2 UN55, and creates that single point of failure.  If the milspec group is all on a single tacsoft, it would require something like System 10 on the central node.  More likely each soldier has tacsoft, all the same rating, in their own commlink.  A single person could still be tasked to act as matrix overwatch / spider, to monitor the tacsoft and comms in the team/group.

Monitoring the tacnet data would need detection (doing that with the scans), decryption, then Capture Wireless Signal SR4A229.  Modifying the data would need Intercept Traffic SR4A230, which is not really practical in a wireless network.  Or as you say, pwn the node that is sending the information.

Oh, and just in case you haven’t read the IC yet…all hell is breaking loose!!!

Oyl:
Summon force 2 plant spirit (5d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5) =0)
5d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2,2,5] = (1) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [2,3] = (0) Initial sneak attacker
Summon replacement Plant Spirit(2)
6d6.hits(5) → [2,1,6,2,5,2] = (2) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [4,6] = (1) inventory citymaster
6d6.hits(5) → [5,5,2,1,4,1] = (2) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [6,2] = (1) kill mage
6d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,4,3,6] = (2) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [2,4] = (0)

Spirit Melee Attacks
Melee Attacks
10d6.hits(5) → [4,6,5,2,3,4,1,2,5,2] = (3) initial mage engulf: IP1 Magic(2)+Net(2)-Resist(2) = 2S
10d6.hits(5) → [3,5,2,5,1,1,3,1,1,1] = (2) Unarmed attack: IP2 Str(6)/2+Net(2)-Resist(2) = 3S + 2S engulf, cumulative 7S
10d6.hits(5) → [1,2,3,6,2,6,5,6,4,6] = (5) Unarmed attack: IP1 Str(6)/2+Net(4)-Resist(2) = 5S + 2S engulf, cumulative 14S
10d6.hits(5) → [1,4,4,1,3,2,6,2,5,1] = (2) Engulf: IP1 Magic(2)+Net(2)-Resist(2) = 2S, assuming get there while still unconscious, or at least still prone
10d6.hits(5) → [3,3,4,1,6,5,1,5,1,5] = (4)

With the cocoons open, charge should be valid again.  I'm thinking materialize above / at the ceiling, and push/drop straight down.  Or come in a little from one side, if the 'attending physician' is partly in the way.  Should be equivalent to charge.

Note earlier watchers sent to find/shadow Jazz and Sprogget.  Earlier (than that) assumption is that wireless is blocked 'down stairs', but if/when the watcher finds Jazz, messages can be passed through the mental link, so they do not poke their heads up in the wrong place / time.  I'm thinking Jazz might even know a way for them to come out inside the mall.  That was outside of Sprogget's map from C&C.  They are starting almost at the wall anyway.

Sprogget
For the commlinks, assuming basic milspec device rating 6, (response, system) and main programs.  Signal could be less, but not going to get that far with the analyze anyway.  For winter and the bionode though, not enough information to fill in values.  If there has been no submersion / Echoes added, the values are tied to the attributes:
Response=INT; Signal=Resonance/2; System=LOG; Firewall=WIL; Biofeedback Filter=CHA
Since there is no direct way to check Resonance rating (that I see atm), checking signal level will give an approximation, and all ratings are limited to the resonance value.  For now I will assume resonance 5 or 6, which will give signal 3.  I assume that the mentioned encryption is for the wireless tacnet communication, not for the node itself.  Different things.

Matrix perception: Analyze Node, detected nodes at citymaster
14d6.hits(5) → [3,2,5,1,2,4,1,2,3,3,4,3,1,1] = (1) 1-nada!
14d6.hits(5) → [3,2,2,1,2,3,1,6,6,6,5,4,5,2] = (5) 2-Commlink: response 6
14d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,5,1,6,1,6,4,3,3,2,6,4] = (5) 3-Commlink: response 6
14d6.hits(5) → [6,6,4,1,4,6,5,5,6,2,4,2,3,2] = (6) 1-commlink: response ?, resonance signature, firewall 4
14d6.hits(5) → [1,3,3,6,3,6,5,4,4,1,1,1,2,5] = (4) 2-no signature
14d6.hits(5) → [6,4,5,5,3,5,1,1,1,6,1,1,2,3] = (5) 3-no signature, firewall 6
14d6.hits(5) → [5,6,6,4,6,3,2,6,2,5,4,1,4,1] = (6) 2-Firewall 7, not encrypted, no alert
14d6.hits(5) → [3,5,5,3,5,3,3,5,6,5,4,5,4,3] = (7) 3-not encrypted, no alert, system 6, yes part of tacnet (central node)
14d6.hits(5) → [4,4,2,2,5,1,6,5,6,2,6,2,2,3] = (5) 2-system 6, yes on tacnet
14d6.hits(5) → [6,3,2,3,3,3,3,4,2,3,1,5,5,6] = (4) 3-tacnet signals encrypted
Note: this 'started' before the conversation with Oyl.  This is what Sprogget was working on when the 'interruption' occurred.  This is also only 5IP, under 2 combat turns.  He should be well ahead of Oyl, who is working at 1IP / combat turn.

Sprogget IC in the works/pending.  I'll go back and edit numbers/details, if it gets done before details known.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 11 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Had this ready to go last night, but missed posting it. Must have been tired or something. Maybe found out why: initial posting this failed due to BBCode error. Probably posted, but missed seeing the error message.
After shutdown, I had an extra thought. Do we need to back up for Oyl, the Mage, and the tacnet guy doing first aid?

SR4A163 Unconsciousness: when the track is full, fall unconscious.
SR4A338 has a stim patch acting as high pain tolerance. This reduces the wound modifiers negative for actions, but does not heal the damage. The track is still full, so the mage passes out, and will not wake up until some of the damage has been healed. Minimum 1 hour. With that, the only thing a stim patch will do for an unconscious person, is add another box of stun damage when it wears off. Content below still has Oyl trying to make sure no one is going to wake up the mage, but if the above information is correct, her medical knowledge should tell her that anything short of full medical intervention, using specialized drugs with attendant risks, is not going to wake up the mage.
Ah yes, they have however changed the mechanism in SR5 to ‘remove rt boxes of damage, get back rt+1 unresisted at the end’ – yes I know we aren’t playing SR5 yet but in this instance I think it means there is an argument for medical intervention and Osha needing to finish the job…guilt trip later anyone? ork.gif

Oyl:
Summon force 2 plant spirit (5d6.hits(5)=1, 2d6.hits(5) =0)
5d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2,2,5] = (1) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [2,3] = (0) Initial sneak attacker
Summon replacement Plant Spirit(2)
6d6.hits(5) → [2,1,6,2,5,2] = (2) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [4,6] = (1) inventory citymaster
6d6.hits(5) → [5,5,2,1,4,1] = (2) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [6,2] = (1) kill mage
6d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,4,3,6] = (2) opposed 2d6.hits(5) → [2,4] = (0)

Spirit Melee Attacks
Melee Attacks
10d6.hits(5) → [4,6,5,2,3,4,1,2,5,2] = (3) initial mage engulf: IP1 Magic(2)+Net(2)-Resist(2) = 2S
10d6.hits(5) → [3,5,2,5,1,1,3,1,1,1] = (2) Unarmed attack: IP2 Str(6)/2+Net(2)-Resist(2) = 3S + 2S engulf, cumulative 7S
10d6.hits(5) → [1,2,3,6,2,6,5,6,4,6] = (5) Unarmed attack: IP1 Str(6)/2+Net(4)-Resist(2) = 5S + 2S engulf, cumulative 14S
10d6.hits(5) → [1,4,4,1,3,2,6,2,5,1] = (2) Engulf: IP1 Magic(2)+Net(2)-Resist(2) = 2S, assuming get there while still unconscious, or at least still prone
10d6.hits(5) → [3,3,4,1,6,5,1,5,1,5] = (4)

With the cocoons open, charge should be valid again. I'm thinking materialize above / at the ceiling, and push/drop straight down. Or come in a little from one side, if the 'attending physician' is partly in the way. Should be equivalent to charge.
Oh yes…he’s going to be finished off!
Note earlier watchers sent to find/shadow Jazz and Sprogget. Earlier (than that) assumption is that wireless is blocked 'down stairs', but if/when the watcher finds Jazz, messages can be passed through the mental link, so they do not poke their heads up in the wrong place / time. I'm thinking Jazz might even know a way for them to come out inside the mall. That was outside of Sprogget's map from C&C. They are starting almost at the wall anyway.
Jazz and Sprogget are both located relatively easily. The sewers don’t run under the mall (any that do were blocked to avoid anyone getting in that way)…

Oh, and one of the soldier boys and one of the gangers had magical signatures!
Sprogget
For the commlinks, assuming basic milspec device rating 6, (response, system) and main programs. Signal could be less, but not going to get that far with the analyze anyway. For winter and the bionode though, not enough information to fill in values. If there has been no submersion / Echoes added, the values are tied to the attributes:
Response=INT 3; Signal=Resonance/2 3; System=LOG 3; Firewall=WIL 4; Biofeedback Filter=CHA 7
Since there is no direct way to check Resonance rating (that I see atm), checking signal level will give an approximation, and all ratings are limited to the resonance value. For now I will assume resonance 5 or 6, which will give signal 3. I assume that the mentioned encryption is for the wireless tacnet communication, not for the node itself. Different things.

Matrix perception: Analyze Node, detected nodes at citymaster
14d6.hits(5) → [3,2,5,1,2,4,1,2,3,3,4,3,1,1] = (1) 1-nada!
14d6.hits(5) → [3,2,2,1,2,3,1,6,6,6,5,4,5,2] = (5) 2-Commlink: response 6
14d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,5,1,6,1,6,4,3,3,2,6,4] = (5) 3-Commlink: response 6
14d6.hits(5) → [6,6,4,1,4,6,5,5,6,2,4,2,3,2] = (6) 1-commlink: response ?, resonance signature, firewall 4
14d6.hits(5) → [1,3,3,6,3,6,5,4,4,1,1,1,2,5] = (4) 2-no signature
14d6.hits(5) → [6,4,5,5,3,5,1,1,1,6,1,1,2,3] = (5) 3-no signature, firewall 6
14d6.hits(5) → [5,6,6,4,6,3,2,6,2,5,4,1,4,1] = (6) 2-Firewall 7, not encrypted, no alert
14d6.hits(5) → [3,5,5,3,5,3,3,5,6,5,4,5,4,3] = (7) 3-not encrypted, no alert, system 6, yes part of tacnet (central node)
14d6.hits(5) → [4,4,2,2,5,1,6,5,6,2,6,2,2,3] = (5) 2-system 6, yes on tacnet
14d6.hits(5) → [6,3,2,3,3,3,3,4,2,3,1,5,5,6] = (4) 3-tacnet signals encrypted
Note: this 'started' before the conversation with Oyl. This is what Sprogget was working on when the 'interruption' occurred. This is also only 5IP, under 2 combat turns. He should be well ahead of Oyl, who is working at 1IP / combat turn.

Sprogget IC in the works/pending. I'll go back and edit numbers/details, if it gets done before details known.
Winter’s approx. stats in bold.

Regarding the tacnet – the milspec one will be distributed, each soldier boy running a copy of the program and it being overseen by the guy in the Citymaster. The gangers are running a unified one run from inside the undamaged Russian APC. It’s not as good but it’s being controlled by the Disonant…!

Idiot question about encryption – is there a reason not to encrypt the node? Yes, the signal will be encrypted, why not the node too?

The aerial drone is unarmed…it’s a spotter not a fighter. Won’t be much longer before it hones in on you all (or gets struck by lightning!). Osha can make some sort of relevant knowledge skill roll to see if she recognises the profile…?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 15 2013, 10:37 AM) *
.. quote snipped ..
Ah yes, they have however changed the mechanism in SR5 to ‘remove rt boxes of damage, get back rt+1 unresisted at the end’ – yes I know we aren’t playing SR5 yet but in this instance I think it means there is an argument for medical intervention and Osha needing to finish the job…guilt trip later anyone? ork.gif
Only a little (guilt trip).  That mage was a foreign invader attacking the body of the tribe who's health is at the top of her priority list.  Not much guilt over squashing a virus/disease.

.. quote snipped ..

Oh yes…he’s going to be finished off!
.. quote snipped ..
Jazz and Sprogget are both located relatively easily.  The sewers don’t run under the mall (any that do were blocked to avoid anyone getting in that way)…

Oh, and one of the soldier boys and one of the gangers had magical signatures!
Noticed by the watcher spirits?  Something for Oyl to pass along.  In that crowd, it is probably to much to ask to get a hard fix to tag them in tacnet, but knowing they exist means tankkillers can watch out for them.  OOG, I assume the ganger is Skyfall, and that is the same guy the jailbreakers encountered north and east of the mall.

.. quote snipped ..

Winter’s approx. stats in bold. 
Which post?  The only thing I can find is Firewall 4.  The stealth CF rating 6 Sprogget would not know, it was just used to reduce the pools for the perception.  That probably means resonance 6, but CFs can be learned/boosted higher than resonance.

Regarding the tacnet – the milspec one will be distributed, each soldier boy running a copy of the program and it being overseen by the guy in the Citymaster.  The gangers are running a unified one run from inside the undamaged Russian APC.  It’s not as good but it’s being controlled by the Disonant…!

Idiot question about encryption – is there a reason not to encrypt the node?  Yes, the signal will be encrypted, why not the node too?

The aerial drone is unarmed…it’s a spotter not a fighter.  Won’t be much longer before it hones in on you all (or gets struck by lightning!).  Osha can make some sort of relevant knowledge skill roll to see if she recognises the profile…?
Oyl does not really have the specific knowledge for that, and it will be even worse filtered through what the watcher can recognize.  It's a chunk of metal, about this size and shape.  The idea was to give tankkillers a location, so they know where to look for it.  That 'actively looking' perception modifier again.  The general size and shape might be enough for Sprogget, or others, to narrow it down some, although customization makes big differences.  Radar takes up 5 capacity AR105, which needs at least a small drone sensor package SR4A334, though it could be the only sensor in a minidrone with improved sensor package upgrade.

Encryption basic answer: watch the program load, to keep the response reasonable.  SR4A66.  With higher end 'links, it would be practical, especially where 'typical' programs like browse and edit are not going to be needed.  For a military team, even scan could be shut down, although that means they are blind to other nodes around them, except the teammates they have an explicit connection with.

For a public (business) node, encryption would make it hard for potential customers to access.  For a private / hidden node, encrypting it requires processing resources.  An extra encrypt program always running, since a node is not like a file.  A file can be encrypted, then left, since it is static information.  A node is dynamic, and like the communications is going to need encrypt actively running to maintain it.  For the communications, only one end of the connection needs the program running.  The other end just needs the password/key, but every encrypted node is going to need encrypt running.  For centralized tacsoft, I think only the central node needs to run encrypt for communications.  For distributed, I think each node would need to run encrypt (or technically every node but one), since every node talks to every other node in the group tacnet.

If the gangers are running centralized tacsoft, controlled by the dissonant, how many gangers are there on that tacnet?  Each member node needs to be slaved to the central node, either the dissonant, or a node run by him (wherever the tacsoft is running).  Each slaved device uses up a subscription on the main node, and the subscription limit is 2 x system rating.  Something that Sprogget has been needing to track.  He was running at the edge of what he could handle there for awhile.  Assuming the Firewall 3, Encryption 4 mentioned at the end of this post means system 4, the limit will be 8 plus the Dissonant on the ganger tacnet.

Oh, the tacsoft rating will also be limited by the (lowest) number of sensor channels available from each of the individuals tacnet members.  UN125.  That was why, wwaaayy back, Sprogget was handing out extra sensors to those that might need it.  Soldiers with standard equipment, smartgun systems, goggles, earbuds, with enhancements will have no trouble handling tacsoft 2 or 3.  4 might need a bit of tuning.  More individualistic gangers may need some tweaking for higher rating tacsoft.
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

Sprogget
Compiling(2)+Resonance(4)+VR(2) vs Crack(4)+Decrypt (8d6.hits(5) → [5,4,5,1,6,1,1,2] = (3) opposed 4d6.hits(5) → [5,4,6,6] = (3))
0 tasks
Resist fading(6) 8d6.hits(5) → [3,1,3,4,5,3,2,6] = (2)
4 more stun: 10 stun total, reduced to 6 by stim patch 4
That exactly fills his condition monitor. Is he unconscious, or is he using the SR5 rule same as that mage? Previously configured deadman trigger will activate if he passes out. No edge left.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 16 2013, 12:19 AM) *
Actually not. He is nicely harnessed into a Horizon-Doble Revolution monocycle. It has been acting as a (rather open) rigger cocoon for him, and the dog brain has instructions to haul his hoop home (a few blocks) to the Mechanicals complex, if the biomoniter shows he goes unconscious. Team tacnet will go down though, and that deadman trigger will temporarily disable all wireless on the team commlinks, since the trigger was also intended as a response in case Sprogget got attacked in the matrix by the Dissonants.
Aria
What works (or would have done) for the mage, works for you too so I'm happy to use the SR5 rules in this instance! Not ready for Sprogget to be out of it just yet ork.gif

Crow is gone...at least for now...

Stats: Response=INT 3; Signal=Resonance/2 3; System=LOG 3; Firewall=WIL 4; Biofeedback Filter=CHA 7

Tacnets: Gangers have few sensors and the Disonant is slaving a few at a time rather than all. +1D at most and probably moot after Crow's grenade! Milspec tacnet will be encrypted on a link by link basis - easy to run on a rt 6 without slowing things down, particularly with 'ergonomic' ...
Aria
Sorry yesterday's IC and OoC was a bit rushed...was trying to crack something out to keep you going...if I'd known DS was going to be down I might have put in a tad more effort and posted today but ah well nyahnyah.gif

Shout if I've missed any vital details or more input from me is required...
JxJxA
I think I'm good. Probably time to bug out with Crow quite literally taking the bullet(s) for me. nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
I should have let you know a while ago. School is proving to be much more busy than I expected, and I just can't find the time to post. With midterms approaching, things will be even worse. I want to get back into the game at some point, but that likely won't be anytime soon.
Aria
Not to worry! We may or may not be ready for the SR5 version depending when you get back... you'll be welcome back whatever!
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

If that sensor drone gets within 100 meters of Banjo’s or G'Eye’s location, the UWBR has a chance of spotting it, and providing both detail about what it is, and a hard fix on it’s location, though currently Tankkillers seems to be missing any firepower.  Scrapheap is in the sewers with Jazz, Crow is MIA, Gemeaux is bugging out.  With RL taking RdMarquis away, Mordred is out, and no help is coming from LeFey matrix side either (though Sprogget does not know that yet).  Sprogget has a knife, and LeO is down for the count.

Compiling(2)+Resonance(4)+VR(2)-wounds(2) vs Crack(5)+Decrypt: 6d6.hits(5)) → [5,3,2,5,1,3] = (2) opposed 5d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,2,4] = (1))
1 task, 2 (physical) fading to resist, buy fading hits

UN55 Actions needing subscriptions UN55: Tacnet UN125
Tacnet + Encryption still only one subscription slot UN55
Maximum subscriptions = System x 2, which is 12 for the milspec System 6 commlinks.  Either that means a maximum of 13 nodes in the tacnet (each node connecting to 12 others), or each node connects to the entire tacnet with a single connection.  In the later case, cracking the tacnet signals encryption one time should give access to all of the data.  Modifying anything is a separate problem, but Spoofing an access ID might be able to make very temporary changes for what others see coming from one node (IE the Citymaster planned actions / targeting).  Very limited, since most information is going to be continuously updated.  It might work for a adding a new fake target/contact, but erasing something is more difficult.

For encryption of both node and tacnet signals, I think that 2 separate Encrypt programs are needed.  Comparing to Initiate Cryptanalysis(Decrypt) SR4A230, which says it takes multiple Decrypt programs to simultaneously work on decrypting different encryptions.  Can a TM/Sprite, start up multiple copies of the same complex form (probably limited by sprite rating/resonance/system)?  The decrypt information says that once started, it runs autonomously, so other actions can be taken while it runs.  If so, then the sprite can start a new decrypt on each combat turn, to get 3 decrypts going at once, which will finish much sooner.  It is going to feel slow enough to Sprogget anyway, since that is a complex action (combat *pass*) to start it, but combat *turn* interval extended test.  Back on Oyl’s speed here, and she will get ahead, even with spotting the second mage.

If not, then Winter’s node will not be encrypted, if he is also part of the encrypted tacnet.

Cryptanalysis: Electronic Warfare(5)+Decrypt(5) (6x2, 1 combat turn)
[ Spoiler ]

Non-Interleaved would take a total of 13 to 16 combat turns, depending whether the first extended test combat turn starts the same combat pass as the complex action or not.  Sprogget is very likely to get impatient here.  Try not to jump too far time-wise with response IC posts.  Want a *chance* to have a spirit intervene, if it looks like more milspec are going to be boarding the Citymaster before get a chance to try to hack the node.  What’s Sprogget’s estimate on how long before the Citymaster could pull up and stop by the group, relative to starting the decrypts, which would be after the perceptions, complex actions to compile 2 sprites, and the message to Oyl about over exerting?
JxJxA
Ah, cripes. I thought I had typed and submitted a post, but I guess I accidentally closed the tab. I'm working on something now to detail what Gemeaux is doing.
JxJxA
Also, here's an infiltration roll as I try to safely traverse this shitstorm...

Infiltration: Slinking towards the sewers
Agi(9) + Infil(3) + Spec-Urban(2) = 14d6 for 2 hits. Edge rerolling misses for 6 more hits. 8 hits total, and I'm hoping that's enough to get my croissant kissing ass out of there. nyahnyah.gif That leaves me with 2 points of edge left.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 19 2013, 06:45 AM) *
@Aria,

If that sensor drone gets within 100 meters of Banjo’s or G'Eye’s location, the UWBR has a chance of spotting it, and providing both detail about what it is, and a hard fix on it’s location, though currently Tankkillers seems to be missing any firepower. Scrapheap is in the sewers with Jazz, Crow is MIA, Gemeaux is bugging out. With RL taking RdMarquis away, Mordred is out, and no help is coming from LeFey matrix side either (though Sprogget does not know that yet). Sprogget has a knife, and LeO is down for the count.
Yep! That’s why I offered you the chance to grab Jazz’s cyberhound (and there’s a certain amount of poetry to that) or some other firepower…going up against a tank with a knife is not likely to have a good life expectancy modifier! Of course going up against the tank with anything isn’t exactly prolonging your life!!! Good (if crazy) karma though!

The drone is circling so it will inevitably come into range of your drones. Just to clarify, are you using active radar to spot it? That is likely to get you targeted! Anyway, it’s an Optic-X running with an improved sensor array, UWBR etc…
Compiling(2)+Resonance(4)+VR(2)-wounds(2) vs Crack(5)+Decrypt: 6d6.hits(5)) → [5,3,2,5,1,3] = (2) opposed 5d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,2,4] = (1))
1 task, 2 (physical) fading to resist, buy fading hits

UN55 Actions needing subscriptions UN55: Tacnet UN125
Tacnet + Encryption still only one subscription slot UN55
Maximum subscriptions = System x 2, which is 12 for the milspec System 6 commlinks. Either that means a maximum of 13 nodes in the tacnet (each node connecting to 12 others), or each node connects to the entire tacnet with a single connection. In the later case, cracking the tacnet signals encryption one time should give access to all of the data. Modifying anything is a separate problem, but Spoofing an access ID might be able to make very temporary changes for what others see coming from one node (IE the Citymaster planned actions / targeting). Very limited, since most information is going to be continuously updated. It might work for a adding a new fake target/contact, but erasing something is more difficult.
In this case I think that a single squad tacnet isn’t likely (more likely for a spec ops unit) and that they would all be sharing info so you only need to break in the once. Inserting false data would be easier than removing something as it’s harder to cross verify. Feeding false info from the drone overhead might be the way to go as it’s a single source…or you could try and blow it out of the sky of course…

For encryption of both node and tacnet signals, I think that 2 separate Encrypt programs are needed. Comparing to Initiate Cryptanalysis(Decrypt) SR4A230, which says it takes multiple Decrypt programs to simultaneously work on decrypting different encryptions. Can a TM/Sprite, start up multiple copies of the same complex form (probably limited by sprite rating/resonance/system)? The decrypt information says that once started, it runs autonomously, so other actions can be taken while it runs. If so, then the sprite can start a new decrypt on each combat turn, to get 3 decrypts going at once, which will finish much sooner. It is going to feel slow enough to Sprogget anyway, since that is a complex action (combat *pass*) to start it, but combat *turn* interval extended test. Back on Oyl’s speed here, and she will get ahead, even with spotting the second mage.

If not, then Winter’s node will not be encrypted, if he is also part of the encrypted tacnet.

Cryptanalysis: Electronic Warfare(5)+Decrypt(5) (6x2, 1 combat turn)
[ Spoiler ]

Non-Interleaved would take a total of 13 to 16 combat turns, depending whether the first extended test combat turn starts the same combat pass as the complex action or not. Sprogget is very likely to get impatient here. Try not to jump too far time-wise with response IC posts. Want a *chance* to have a spirit intervene, if it looks like more milspec are going to be boarding the Citymaster before get a chance to try to hack the node. What’s Sprogget’s estimate on how long before the Citymaster could pull up and stop by the group, relative to starting the decrypts, which would be after the perceptions, complex actions to compile 2 sprites, and the message to Oyl about over exerting?
Ok, I’ve been fudging pbp / RAW times but I guess this needs some spelling out as the decrypt could take considerable ‘time’ (in game terms if not in actual perceivable time). Citymaster has accel 5/30 so it’s not going to take long to cover the 50m (or so) to the breech. I’ll say it’s not going to get to full speed because of the intervening burnt out cars etc but it is still only going to take a matter of 4-5 turns (maybe as much as 30s tops…). So that’s the time to grab the node info, Osha’s spirits to do their attacks and begin the decrypt. For ease of brain function (and possible drama!) let’s say the decrypts will finish in the turn it arrives…of course that leaves considerable time for the soldier boys to do something…
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 19 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Also, here's an infiltration roll as I try to safely traverse this shitstorm...

Infiltration: Slinking towards the sewers
Agi(9) + Infil(3) + Spec-Urban(2) = 14d6 for 2 hits. Edge rerolling misses for 6 more hits. 8 hits total, and I'm hoping that's enough to get my croissant kissing ass out of there. nyahnyah.gif That leaves me with 2 points of edge left.

Yep, that's quite sneaky! The building is beginning to come apart round your ears but you avoid direct fire with that roll! Let's say 2 turns to get out of the building, a turn to get to the sewer access and then a turn or two to get to Scrap, should put you about level with Sprogget again with a little bit more fudge! smile.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria: Works for me. Just let me know when I should start acting/rolling again. ^_^
Aria
Working on an IC right now but if you want to post something about your lovely trip into the sewers then I can pick it up from where you see Scrap ahead...
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 21 2013, 11:34 AM) *
@E:Tribes
.. snip ..
Ways of doing that are getting rather scarce though.
.. snip ..
Unless you want Jazz's drone to show up at the breach, trailing her, since LeFey is not around. Single shot / burst and retreat, to take out that other mage would give a bit more opportunity for Oyl to keep things stirred up while Sprogget works to stay conscious long enough to retarget the Citymaster weapons.

If Sprogget is going to notice that, and use/command, a bit more specs would be good. Either G'Eye or Banjo could be close enough to notice it sneaking around. Getting access fast enough could be more of an IC problem.
ChromeZephyr
Just a quick post to let you guys know I'm not dead. Had a family member get in a very serious car accident across the country, still not out of the woods. I'm home now, but am in desperate need of sleep. I'll get one up tomorrow.
JxJxA
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Oct 23 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Just a quick post to let you guys know I'm not dead. Had a family member get in a very serious car accident across the country, still not out of the woods. I'm home now, but am in desperate need of sleep. I'll get one up tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. Godspeed to you, your relative, and your family.
Aria
Yes, hope all is well!

Work has been $£**%!!! this week but I hope to get some IC up for you all before the weekend!
Aria
I'm sorry about the place holder ICs but work is kicking me in the teeth at the moment...promise that as we draw towards a suitably epic conclusion that the posts will get some better quality/time injected into them!
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

Clarification on E:Tribes communications available?  When Sprogget initially proposed/sent Scrapheap into the sewer system, IC indicated that he also dropped Scrapheap from the tacnet, before it started glitching out due to signal loss.  UN62 "Landscaping for Signal Attenuation" says signal reduced by 2 to 5 per meter of 'earthen features', depending on metallic content.  I figured that the distance would be enough to block normal wireless signals from reaching the surface.  Jazz was never part of the team tacnet.  Did not want to leave an extra signal that the Dissonants might notice, since they knew where she was, and might be watching.  Those below ground can still connect to each other when in LOS, but going around a corner will degrade signal quickly (some 'bounce' ok, but only to limited extent).

Assuming that the apparent lack of interest in the squad to chase Jazz, plus the 'breeze' that Scrapheap felt, plus Gemeaux noticing that Jazz reversed course, are related to the mage sending a spirit after Jazz, is Oyl going to get a burst of fear, or something from the watcher spirit that is staying with Jazz?

OOG, I expect that you do not want solid targeting for the mage in the squad.  Note that the content related to a dumb spirit matching aura to location does not seem quite appropriate.  This does not seem like a 'difficult' task.  Local (near earth) astral maps to physical one to one.  Mundane Objects in physical are shadows in astral, and auras will 'glow'.  The relative positions / separations between auras will be the same as the separation between the physical people.  That should correspond very well to the density map produced by UBWR.  Here, the piece that is of interest is the relative positioning / relationship between the auras.  'Here' is the interesting aura, I see 'this' many not interesting auras 'that' way, and so many 'that' way.  If the auras were all in a regular grid, it might be hard to associate, but the more random or bunched groups are, the easier it should be align things.  Especially with the UWBR view available to match too, and a good idea of about where to look.  Using the 'bunched' gangers as one reference point, and the 'metal monster' APC as another, it should be easy to localize the mage.  Especially as the squad spreads out a bit to reduce effective grenade targeting.  As a last resort, a spirit could be told to 'manifest' (not materialize) right over the mage's head SR4A193.  That would give any non-technological viewer a target to add to the tacnet, while still needing astral attacks to affect the spirit.  Sprogget might need to get 'eyes on', instead of using just the sensor feeds.  If the mage switches to astral to deal with the nuisance, he will get minuses on avoiding any physical attack.

All of that is useless, unless some physical fire power is available.

If that *is* a spirit going after Jazz, might give Oyl a little extra time with the Citymaster occupants while it and the mage are occupied elsewhere.

With a very little support (enough to keep that other mage out of it, and reinforcements out of the Citymaster), Sprogget and Oyl *will* be able to take at least temporary control of the Citymaster, and make a serious mess of that remaining APC, squad, and gangers. Unless the fading knocks Sprogget out first.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 27 2013, 07:42 PM) *
@Aria,

Clarification on E:Tribes communications available? When Sprogget initially proposed/sent Scrapheap into the sewer system, IC indicated that he also dropped Scrapheap from the tacnet, before it started glitching out due to signal loss. UN62 "Landscaping for Signal Attenuation" says signal reduced by 2 to 5 per meter of 'earthen features', depending on metallic content. I figured that the distance would be enough to block normal wireless signals from reaching the surface. Jazz was never part of the team tacnet. Did not want to leave an extra signal that the Dissonants might notice, since they knew where she was, and might be watching. Those below ground can still connect to each other when in LOS, but going around a corner will degrade signal quickly (some 'bounce' ok, but only to limited extent).

Assuming that the apparent lack of interest in the squad to chase Jazz, plus the 'breeze' that Scrapheap felt, plus Gemeaux noticing that Jazz reversed course, are related to the mage sending a spirit after Jazz, is Oyl going to get a burst of fear, or something from the watcher spirit that is staying with Jazz?
Hmmm, take your point, was picking up on JxJxA’s mention of the net without really thinking it through / checking, let’s assume I meant simple AROs below ground when they were more or less in LOS…to avoid friendly fire incidences if nothing else nyahnyah.gif

Yes, a spirit has gone hunting Jazz, yes, your watcher will see it and pass on the info to Osha.

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 27 2013, 07:42 PM) *
OOG, I expect that you do not want solid targeting for the mage in the squad. Note that the content related to a dumb spirit matching aura to location does not seem quite appropriate. This does not seem like a 'difficult' task. Local (near earth) astral maps to physical one to one. Mundane Objects in physical are shadows in astral, and auras will 'glow'. The relative positions / separations between auras will be the same as the separation between the physical people. That should correspond very well to the density map produced by UBWR. Here, the piece that is of interest is the relative positioning / relationship between the auras. 'Here' is the interesting aura, I see 'this' many not interesting auras 'that' way, and so many 'that' way. If the auras were all in a regular grid, it might be hard to associate, but the more random or bunched groups are, the easier it should be align things. Especially with the UWBR view available to match too, and a good idea of about where to look. Using the 'bunched' gangers as one reference point, and the 'metal monster' APC as another, it should be easy to localize the mage. Especially as the squad spreads out a bit to reduce effective grenade targeting. As a last resort, a spirit could be told to 'manifest' (not materialize) right over the mage's head SR4A193. That would give any non-technological viewer a target to add to the tacnet, while still needing astral attacks to affect the spirit. Sprogget might need to get 'eyes on', instead of using just the sensor feeds. If the mage switches to astral to deal with the nuisance, he will get minuses on avoiding any physical attack.

All of that is useless, unless some physical fire power is available.

If that *is* a spirit going after Jazz, might give Oyl a little extra time with the Citymaster occupants while it and the mage are occupied elsewhere.

With a very little support (enough to keep that other mage out of it, and reinforcements out of the Citymaster), Sprogget and Oyl *will* be able to take at least temporary control of the Citymaster, and make a serious mess of that remaining APC, squad, and gangers. Unless the fading knocks Sprogget out first.
I think my problem was in the interpretation of the live data…spirits can’t view digital info, even on a screen as far as I can tell as they have no frame of reference. There is the convoluted ‘picture in the mind’ of the summoner but given that the spirit is only force 2 I didn’t think it was clever enough. Plus everything is moving so if it’s there and it is Osha looking on…?!?…it just seemed too complicated to me but if you are comfortable that the spirit is capable of tagging the mage then I guess I’ll allow it…you’ve got enough stacked against you as it is ork.gif It can certainly do the ‘sit over his head’ manoeuvre and hope it doesn’t get blatted by the mage or the ganger adept!

The Freedom lot are busy trying to fight off a nasty dissonant created worm/virus on their nexus which is why they aren’t leaping out to help you (and overshadowing PC heroics!). I vaguely think I mentioned Jazz’s drone being around and ‘howling at the moon’ so there’s some ready fire power. Or co-opt the Optic X and crash it into something! Or yes, you could try and take over the Citymaster but I still suspect that’s a little overconfident biggrin.gif

As far as I can tell you’ll have to hack the rigger’s link, shunt him aside somehow and then give an order to the weapons systems from there. If he’s jumped in (although Osha didn’t think he was as he’d opened his cocoon) then you’ll need to do the ‘attack his icon’ in the matrix (interestingly this has kind of been established in canon in SR5…hackers can seriously mess with a rigger’s day!). Of course you’ve probably got some nefarious scheme in mind! It is mere moments from arriving ‘on scene’ so it had better be fast!

As a side note, you’ve already got a salvageable APC for the 2075 game in the Russian heap you nuked! If you can get the Citymaster too then good luck to you biggrin.gif
Machine Ghost
I seem to have previously skipped past some of the content from this post.  Another book sized OOC post.

QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 21 2013, 04:46 AM) *
.. quote snipped ..
Yep! That’s why I offered you the chance to grab Jazz’s cyberhound (and there’s a certain amount of poetry to that) or some other firepower…going up against a tank with a knife is not likely to have a good life expectancy modifier!  Of course going up against the tank with anything isn’t exactly prolonging your life!!!  Good (if crazy) karma though!

The drone is circling so it will inevitably come into range of your drones.  Just to clarify, are you using active radar to spot it?  That is likely to get you targeted!  Anyway, it’s an Optic-X running with an improved sensor array, UWBR etc…

Optic-X is a small drone, upgraded sensor array gives it a medium sensor package, which has 6 slots.  UWBR takes 2, regular radar takes 5 AR59.  Can’t have both, so UWBR plus (probably) optical sensors.  UWBR limited to 100 meter range, if no barrier(s) in the way strong enough to (cumulatively) block it, based on the rating (separate from the 100 meter signal range).  Similar trade-offs to what G’Eye has, with a small sensor package (5 slots).  Banjo has a large sensor package (8 slots), but is specialized more to the intended task of placing sensors.

Yes DR has supposedly been using active radar(6) (regular not UWBR, so longer range:10km, less functionality for some things) to spot the drone.  Needed to find it (the drone), before could hide from it.  If the active radar source is enough to localized the source, the drone started sending first.  You did not seem to be giving enough information to locate the drone from that though, so Sprogget set DR to active search.  If active signals are going to that easily invite targeting, Sprogget would not have needed to do that.  The signal from the Optic-X would have shown where it was.  Regular radar would not have helped to tell what it was, other than a little for size, so no need to use for that.  You only said ‘radar’ for the initial sweep contact.  If that includes enough information to say UWBR, Sprogget knows that means range limited to 100 meters.  Same as G’Eye and Banjo.
** Which do have active UWBR signals going.  Banjo as of the just before the attack on the APC, G’Eye as of when Sprogget sent it to try to see the Citymaster.  Both are inside buildings, looking through walls to see what is going on.
Which means DR (with Sprogget) will be moving ‘away’ from the APC and circling drone, to try to stay out of the UWBR range, and putting solid buildings / lots of walls in between if it starts getting too close.  The other tankkillers seem to be underground, and my early IC and OOC for locating the sewer entrances noted that the UWBR was seeing those as vertical shafts fading / fuzzing out as the earth (and angle) became too great to see through.  The people underground should be safe from detection by above ground UWBR.

The possible targeting, especially of a stationary signal source, was also why Sprogget got the monocycle moving away from the (dwindling) group as soon as the radar sweep was noticed.  Once the drone is spotted, cut the active radar (if it was needed at all), and DR goes full evasive / infiltration.  To do the planned hack work, Sprogget does not need to stay close, and DR is not an attack platform, so there is no reason to stay LOS with the squad or APC.  The IC already had DR dog brain with explicit instructions to keep under cover from the Citymaster and it’s missiles.

.. quote snipped ..

In this case I think that a single squad tacnet isn’t likely (more likely for a spec ops unit) and that they would all be sharing info so you only need to break in the once.  Inserting false data would be easier than removing something as it’s harder to cross verify.  Feeding false info from the drone overhead might be the way to go as it’s a single source…or you could try and blow it out of the sky of course…
Feeding false data from the drone is *interesting*, but probably will require a decrypt of that node too, after first locating it with scan, then either hack it, or spoof content from it.  Too much time I think.  To spoof, need to have (matrix perception) the "Access ID" of the source.  Which means at least decrypting the signal traffic, and probably the node.  If it **only** needs finding the hidden node, plus matrix perception to get the access ID, plus decryption of the signal traffic (in progress, part 2), plus edit (create content) and spoof, Sprogget can hold that in reserve to use after the other is in progress.

.. quote snipped ..

Ok, I’ve been fudging pbp / RAW times but I guess this needs some spelling out as the decrypt could take considerable ‘time’ (in game terms if not in actual perceivable time).  Citymaster has accel 5/30 so it’s not going to take long to cover the 50m (or so) to the breech.  I’ll say it’s not going to get to full speed because of the intervening burnt out cars etc but it is still only going to take a matter of 4-5 turns (maybe as much as 30s tops…).  So that’s the time to grab the node info, Osha’s spirits to do their attacks and begin the decrypt.  For ease of brain function (and possible drama!) let’s say the decrypts will finish in the turn it arrives…of course that leaves considerable time for the soldier boys to do something…
Not to mention that it has to get stopped too.  Which means that at simple ‘walk’ accel, it will move 5 + 10 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 5 + 0 to get 60 meters, start to stop.  I though it was a bit further away from other content, which put it 50ish meters East from where LeO was, which was 135 meters from the APC.  That would put it 100ish meters from the APCs, but it can of course move faster, up to 30 + 60 + 30 + 0 for 120 meters (the 0 is to get stopped, since the numbers would have it still moving at the beginning of that turn.

That does not say whether the decrypts were running in parallel.  Unless your above content meant that only a single decrypt was going to be needed?  Sprogget’s planned actions *can* start as soon as the first decrypt is done, cancelling the remainder (to get a different sprite to do the Hack).

Interesting thought while listing limits for UWBR: Sprogget has Juryrigger RC98/SR5p75 quality.  One of the possible ‘feats’ is
QUOTE (Runners Companion @ page 98)
Tweaking an electronic device to function at a rating one higher than normal for 1 Combat Turn.
QUOTE (Shadowrun, Fith Edition Core @ page 75)
Tweak an electronic device to function at a rating one higher than normal for 1D6 Combat Turns.
Running UWBR at a signal rating of 3 instead of 2, extends the range from 100 meters to 400 meters.  Still limited by cumulative barrier rating, but that could give a good snapshot in the right circumstances.  Alternatively, boosting the UWBR base rating from 4 (max by SR4 RAW, not found in SR5) to 5 would allow penetrating 25 points of barrier instead of 20.

Is Sprogget going to have to ‘lose’ the UWBR sensors on the move to SR5?

QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 28 2013, 10:59 AM) *
.. quote snipped ..
Hmmm, take your point, was picking up on JxJxA’s mention of the net without really thinking it through / checking, let’s assume I meant simple AROs below ground when they were more or less in LOS…to avoid friendly fire incidences if nothing else nyahnyah.gif

Yes, a spirit has gone hunting Jazz, yes, your watcher will see it and pass on the info to Osha.
.. quote snipped ..
I think my problem was in the interpretation of the live data…spirits can’t view digital info, even on a screen as far as I can tell as they have no frame of reference.  There is the convoluted ‘picture in the mind’ of the summoner but given that the spirit is only force 2 I didn’t think it was clever enough.  Plus everything is moving so if it’s there and it is Osha looking on…?!?…it just seemed too complicated to me but if you are comfortable that the spirit is capable of tagging the mage then I guess I’ll allow it…you’ve got enough stacked against you as it is ork.gif  It can certainly do the ‘sit over his head’ manoeuvre and hope it doesn’t get blatted by the mage or the ganger adept!
Not quite by RAW, but should not matter (see below).  SR4189 Watcher Tasks -- Courier: says a watcher can display simple pictures, up to the complexity of a 2D, non-moving photograph shown to it.  So it can process that data, whether it has any understanding of it or not.

Here is the way I view the exchange: Osha has astral perception / assensing (good dice pool even, with both perceptive quality and enhanced perception adept power), so knows what things ‘look like’ to the spirit.  She looks at the combined sensor data that Bit gave her, and sees that the UWBR information is reasonably close to the shadows and auras of astral.  She translates that to an approximation of what the spirit should expect, and sends it off to find the aura of the mage.  Once the spirit finds the aura, it sends Osha it’s view of the surrounding area in astral, and Osha uses that to match to her live view of the sensor data.  The spirit does not need to do any interpreting.  It just needs to find the mage, then provide a snapshot of the astral view.  Osha has to do the work of translating that back to the positions in the sensor data.  That amounts to a quick rotation and zooming to get the right orientation based on prominent features, like the APCs, and any clustered group(s) of gangers, then overlaying what the spirit is showing her to find the pattern of nearest neighbours (auras) around the mage.

The ‘sit over his head’ option would only need to be maintained long enough for someone (from the good guys smile.gif ) to see it, and add a tag to tacnet.  Then, as long as the mage does not ‘break contact’ with the sensors (UWBR), tacnet could maintain the tag without the spirits help.

The Freedom lot are busy trying to fight off a nasty dissonant created worm/virus on their nexus which is why they aren’t leaping out to help you (and overshadowing PC heroics!).  I vaguely think I mentioned Jazz’s drone being around and ‘howling at the moon’ so there’s some ready fire power.  Or co-opt the Optic X and crash it into something!  Or yes, you could try and take over the Citymaster but I still suspect that’s a little overconfident biggrin.gif
Sprogget might have been expecting some general Fre∑dom support, but I was not.  That ‘call’ was really intended to give LeFey a good link to get in on the action, and connected back to the tankkillers.  That data link between Mechanicals C&C and Fre∑dom should be going down shortly then, with or without warning to C&C.

Yes I remember the mention of Jazz’s drone, which is why the query about the specs for it.
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 21 2013, 11:47 AM) *
@Aria,

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 21 2013, 11:34 AM) *
@E:Tribes
.. snip ..
Ways of doing that are getting rather scarce though.
.. snip ..
Unless you want Jazz’s drone to show up at the breach, trailing her, since LeFey is not around.  Single shot / burst and retreat, to take out that other mage would give a bit more opportunity for Oyl to keep things stirred up while Sprogget works to stay conscious long enough to retarget the Citymaster weapons.

If Sprogget is going to notice that, and use/command, a bit more specs would be good.  Either G’Eye or Banjo could be close enough to notice it sneaking around.  Getting access fast enough could be more of an IC problem.
To be practical in the time frame though, I think I need to assume that Jazz gave Sprogget access to it, same as he did to her for G’Eye.

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 26 2013, 10:10 AM) *
.. snip snip ..
@Jazz[Sprogget]: <<Oh, I am calling from a sensor heavy dragonfly drone close to you. {Here} is access.  G’Eye has been modded with stealth RFID signals to enable/disable wireless.  {This} will turn wireless off, and {this} on.  Turn it off soon as I have a chance to get out.>>
.. snip snip ..
As far as I can tell you’ll have to hack the rigger’s link, shunt him aside somehow and then give an order to the weapons systems from there.  If he’s jumped in (although Osha didn’t think he was as he’d opened his cocoon) then you’ll need to do the ‘attack his icon’ in the matrix (interestingly this has kind of been established in canon in SR5…hackers can seriously mess with a rigger’s day!).  Of course you’ve probably got some nefarious scheme in mind!  It is mere moments from arriving ‘on scene’ so it had better be fast!
Yes, nefarious and fast scheme ready.  Will describe in IC, since Sprogget needs to clue Oyl in smile.gif, now that he has a bit of idea about what the timing will look like.  Too freaking tight!

As a side note, you’ve already got a salvageable APC for the 2075 game in the Russian heap you nuked!  If you can get the Citymaster too then good luck to you biggrin.gif
Mechanicals like salvage smile.gif

The outline of the nefarious scheme:
From previous IC and OOC content, the Citymaster is setup for hardwired access only, which is currently a physical connection to the rigger’s commlink.  There are currently only 3 people in the Citymaster, one being the rigger who last look said was still in the cocoon, whether jumped in or not.  If he is jumped in, or just in VR, Oyl’s spirit can get a good attack on him (prone, not moving, not really aware of physical).  If not, then he is running at physical speed, and Sprogget (and Sprite) will be much faster in the matrix, with even more bonus if he is dodging physical attacks from the spirit at the same time. 

SR4A225/6 Virtual Reality (Any action taken in the physical world while in VR suffers a –6 dice pool penalty.)

Use the spirit to get the rigger out of VR and defending in the physical world, just as the hack goes through (starts after the decrypt done).  Being faster, and without the rigger being jumped in, spoof a command (as coming from the rigger) to the Citymaster to load/run a prepared script.  Send it ‘rogue’: treat all metahumans and that remaining APC as enemies, including the current occupants: interesting if the Citymaster has capabilities to quell (gas maybe) trouble with occupants {the rigger cocoon would **normally** protect the driver from that})  Include in that script a special designation that the sensors can detect (without wireless) to allow Mechanicals to get close/in to take over later.

With the timeline, corners are going to have to be cut, with better chances that rigger actions will prevent the plan from working.  A requirement to have any chance, is to keep the squad out.  The actual take over, starting with the hack, which will need a few combat passes, can not start until the decrypt is done.  Decrypt, Sprite to hack rigger commlink, (simultaneous) Sprogget to use matrix perception to get rigger access ID, after hack, Sprogget to use matrix perception to locate access point for Citymaster node, Sprogget or Sprite to spoof command for prepared script.

The IC is going to take some time to get right I think.

EDIT: Since Engulf SM100 says materials can appear next to the spirit, and does not need to drag victims inside their (spirit) body, that might mean that multiple victims can be engulfed, one after the other as separate melee attacks, while sustaining the previous engulf ???
I think Osha is going to be using edge to try for a stronger spirit for this. devil.gif
JxJxA
So if I go in the sewers, am I off tacnet, too? Honestly, I'm not sure where I fit in, or why I wouldn't take myself off and just go back to Collot given that it's hard to find the group and follow them in IC and OOC. frown.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 28 2013, 09:20 PM) *
So if I go in the sewers, am I off tacnet, too? Honestly, I'm not sure where I fit in, or why I wouldn't take myself off and just go back to Collot given that it's hard to find the group and follow them in IC and OOC. frown.gif
With available information, wireless is going to degrade fast underground, so no tacnet while running a centralized tacnet with Sprogget above ground.

That would seem to be a reasonable PC choice.  For underground, you can have the infrastructure map that Sprogget grabbed from the Mechanicals system, with the route that was planned to get Scrapheap to the grating to enable the escape.  Nothing was pre-setup for an exit though.  Likely the first part will be a reverse of the route, but might not come out at the same place.  With the activity above ground, staying underground and getting far away before coming out seems like a Very Good Idea™  If we can prevent Jazz from being 'spirit'ed away.
Aria
I have sort of read the epic OoC post from MG, will try and answer it tomorrow or Thur...Gemeaux is going to rescue the damsel, Collot can look after himself for now, your duty on that front is discharged, job done. The Freedom lot hired you to establish comms, job done, so this is pro bono biggrin.gif although you can probably squeeze them for cash later if you wish!
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

With the Citymaster moving toward, and G’Eye to intercept (inside the mall), UBWR sensor data is going to be available 'quickly'. When the Citymaster gets close to 100 meters from the breech. If it started closer than that, the information would have been available as soon as G’Eye went active on the sensors, when Sprogget enabled them shortly after the Citymaster was detected.

End of this IC enabled wireless, middle of this comments on not needing to move much with the Citymaster moving. Was **supposed** to be commands beginning of this to get him moving, but that seems to have gotten dropped while I was editing off line.

What is the relative positions of the various occupants? Looking to plan a place for the spirit to have cover while working. Not a lot of room inside a vehicle, but a spirit is not constrained by meta-human norms for shape/stance. Start with LOS to the rigger, but out of view for the Medic and Winter. Some 'moss' inside the cocoon, under rigger sounds good. Rigger meat shield smile.gif Some fluff content in the RAW books show spirits apparently materializing directly out of a wall.

Touched on this earlier, but do not think I got an answer. This would seem to be GM discretion. I can not see anything RAW that gives an opinion. What would be the effect of a successful Fear SR4A295 attack by a materialized spirit on a rigger either jumped in, or in VR? Where the source of that Fear is inside the same vehicle? Or at least what does Oyl think the effect would be? Options I see are to 'dump' from VR then run away physically, or to run away in the matrix, although the source will still be right with them. (Apparent safety) Someone in VR (their body) can still feel fear, but what will be perceive as the source to run away from? Running away 'with' the jumped in vehicle is another possible, but that is like running away from the tiger that is already on your back smile.gif

That open cocoon means LOS attacks are possible, even if not initially inside it smile.gif

If fear causes someone to jump out, can the door be closed again by the dog brain (Sprogget’s best guess, and comfort level) ?

IC still being worked on, but here are dice rolls for Oyl to get a force 5 plant spirit, with optional confusion power.
Spend karma(6): Oyl Summoning(2) to (3)
[ Spoiler ]

Mages get a negative modifier for dice pools while sustaining spells. I *was* going to sequence events assuming that Spirits got negatives for sustained powers too, then noticed that Materialization power SR4A296 is listed as sustained, and I have never seen a modifier to the dice pools because of it. Looks like Sustained powers are automatic / concious choice, but do not impact other actions or powers while 'on'.

The initial plan for the spirit, possibly modified by what UWBR shows, and what Sprogget and Oyl believe about dog brain being able to close an open door, and Fear affects on rigger in VR/jumped in.
[ Spoiler ]

Concealment SR4A293: Simple, LOS, Sustained | - (magic) dice from potential observer dice pool
(optional) Confusion SR4A293: Complex, LOS, Sustained | Magic+Willpower vs Willpower, net hits dice pool modifier all actions
Fear SR4A295: Complex, LOS, variable | Willpower+Magic vs Willpower, run away net hits combat turns
Engulf SR4A294, Plant specific SM100: Complex, Touch(Melee), Sustained | magic + net hits on melee attack every (sustained) action phase
- STR+BOD vs MAG+BOD to escape

Now if Sprogget can do as good getting a Sprite to hack the rigger commlink node …
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct xx 2013, 08:14 AM)
Optic-X is a small drone, upgraded sensor array gives it a medium sensor package, which has 6 slots. UWBR takes 2, regular radar takes 5 AR59. Can’t have both, so UWBR plus (probably) optical sensors. UWBR limited to 100 meter range, if no barrier(s) in the way strong enough to (cumulatively) block it, based on the rating (separate from the 100 meter signal range). Similar trade-offs to what G’Eye has, with a small sensor package (5 slots). Banjo has a large sensor package (8 slots), but is specialized more to the intended task of placing sensors.

Yes DR has supposedly been using active radar(6) (regular not UWBR, so longer range:10km, less functionality for some things) to spot the drone. Needed to find it (the drone), before could hide from it. If the active radar source is enough to localized the source, the drone started sending first. You did not seem to be giving enough information to locate the drone from that though, so Sprogget set DR to active search. If active signals are going to that easily invite targeting, Sprogget would not have needed to do that. The signal from the Optic-X would have shown where it was. Regular radar would not have helped to tell what it was, other than a little for size, so no need to use for that. You only said ‘radar’ for the initial sweep contact. If that includes enough information to say UWBR, Sprogget knows that means range limited to 100 meters. Same as G’Eye and Banjo.

** Which do have active UWBR signals going. Banjo as of the just before the attack on the APC, G’Eye as of when Sprogget sent it to try to see the Citymaster. Both are inside buildings, looking through walls to see what is going on.
Ok, sorry for the confusion over radar/UWBR, it is running the latter, and I thought you were too (on all your vehicles/drones)
Which means DR (with Sprogget) will be moving ‘away’ from the APC and circling drone, to try to stay out of the UWBR range, and putting solid buildings / lots of walls in between if it starts getting too close. The other tankkillers seem to be underground, and my early IC and OOC for locating the sewer entrances noted that the UWBR was seeing those as vertical shafts fading / fuzzing out as the earth (and angle) became too great to see through. The people underground should be safe from detection by above ground UWBR.

The possible targeting, especially of a stationary signal source, was also why Sprogget got the monocycle moving away from the (dwindling) group as soon as the radar sweep was noticed. Once the drone is spotted, cut the active radar (if it was needed at all), and DR goes full evasive / infiltration. To do the planned hack work, Sprogget does not need to stay close, and DR is not an attack platform, so there is no reason to stay LOS with the squad or APC. The IC already had DR dog brain with explicit instructions to keep under cover from the Citymaster and it’s missiles.
yes, that fits with what I was thinking…the reason why missiles haven’t rained down on you!
Feeding false data from the drone is *interesting*, but probably will require a decrypt of that node too, after first locating it with scan, then either hack it, or spoof content from it. Too much time I think. To spoof, need to have (matrix perception) the "Access ID" of the source. Which means at least decrypting the signal traffic, and probably the node. If it **only** needs finding the hidden node, plus matrix perception to get the access ID, plus decryption of the signal traffic (in progress, part 2), plus edit (create content) and spoof, Sprogget can hold that in reserve to use after the other is in progress.
We’ll hold that thought for now then…not sure what it would achieve anyway given you other plans!
.. quote snipped ..
Ok, I’ve been fudging pbp / RAW times but I guess this needs some spelling out as the decrypt could take considerable ‘time’ (in game terms if not in actual perceivable time). Citymaster has accel 5/30 so it’s not going to take long to cover the 50m (or so) to the breech. I’ll say it’s not going to get to full speed because of the intervening burnt out cars etc but it is still only going to take a matter of 4-5 turns (maybe as much as 30s tops…). So that’s the time to grab the node info, Osha’s spirits to do their attacks and begin the decrypt. For ease of brain function (and possible drama!) let’s say the decrypts will finish in the turn it arrives…of course that leaves considerable time for the soldier boys to do something…

Not to mention that it has to get stopped too. Which means that at simple ‘walk’ accel, it will move 5 + 10 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 5 + 0 to get 60 meters, start to stop. I though it was a bit further away from other content, which put it 50ish meters East from where LeO was, which was 135 meters from the APC. That would put it 100ish meters from the APCs, but it can of course move faster, up to 30 + 60 + 30 + 0 for 120 meters (the 0 is to get stopped, since the numbers would have it still moving at the beginning of that turn.

That does not say whether the decrypts were running in parallel. Unless your above content meant that only a single decrypt was going to be needed? Sprogget’s planned actions *can* start as soon as the first decrypt is done, cancelling the remainder (to get a different sprite to do the Hack).
Sorry again, was assuming you were running the parallel decrypts as you described to bring us more or less back in sync…
Interesting thought while listing limits for UWBR: Sprogget has Juryrigger RC98/SR5p75 quality. One of the possible ‘feats’ is

QUOTE (Runners Companion @ page 98)

Tweaking an electronic device to function at a rating one higher than normal for 1 Combat Turn.

QUOTE (Shadowrun, Fifth Edition Core @ page 75)

Tweak an electronic device to function at a rating one higher than normal for 1D6 Combat Turns.
Running UWBR at a signal rating of 3 instead of 2, extends the range from 100 meters to 400 meters. Still limited by cumulative barrier rating, but that could give a good snapshot in the right circumstances. Alternatively, boosting the UWBR base rating from 4 (max by SR4 RAW, not found in SR5) to 5 would allow penetrating 25 points of barrier instead of 20.

Is Sprogget going to have to ‘lose’ the UWBR sensors on the move to SR5?
I’m sure we can conjure an approximation of the SR4 rules to use with SR5! Max range might be possible to extend but given the likelihood of there being more barriers to pass through boosting the penetration would be more useful!
Not quite by RAW, but should not matter (see below). SR4189 Watcher Tasks -- Courier: says a watcher can display simple pictures, up to the complexity of a 2D, non-moving photograph shown to it. So it can process that data, whether it has any understanding of it or not.

Here is the way I view the exchange: Osha has astral perception / assensing (good dice pool even, with both perceptive quality and enhanced perception adept power), so knows what things ‘look like’ to the spirit. She looks at the combined sensor data that Bit gave her, and sees that the UWBR information is reasonably close to the shadows and auras of astral. She translates that to an approximation of what the spirit should expect, and sends it off to find the aura of the mage. Once the spirit finds the aura, it sends Osha it’s view of the surrounding area in astral, and Osha uses that to match to her live view of the sensor data. The spirit does not need to do any interpreting. It just needs to find the mage, then provide a snapshot of the astral view. Osha has to do the work of translating that back to the positions in the sensor data. That amounts to a quick rotation and zooming to get the right orientation based on prominent features, like the APCs, and any clustered group(s) of gangers, then overlaying what the spirit is showing her to find the pattern of nearest neighbours (auras) around the mage.

The ‘sit over his head’ option would only need to be maintained long enough for someone (from the good guys ) to see it, and add a tag to tacnet. Then, as long as the mage does not ‘break contact’ with the sensors (UWBR), tacnet could maintain the tag without the spirits help.
Got it! When explained like that it does seem a lot less complicated than what I thought you had in mind! So mage tagged, more or less and maintained as long as they are in LOS of the tacnet feeders (including GEye’s UWBR).
The Freedom lot are busy trying to fight off a nasty dissonant created worm/virus on their nexus which is why they aren’t leaping out to help you (and overshadowing PC heroics!). I vaguely think I mentioned Jazz’s drone being around and ‘howling at the moon’ so there’s some ready fire power. Or co-opt the Optic X and crash it into something! Or yes, you could try and take over the Citymaster but I still suspect that’s a little overconfident

Sprogget might have been expecting some general Fre∑dom support, but I was not. That ‘call’ was really intended to give LeFey a good link to get in on the action, and connected back to the tankkillers. That data link between Mechanicals C&C and Fre∑dom should be going down shortly then, with or without warning to C&C.

Yes I remember the mention of Jazz’s drone, which is why the query about the specs for it.
Ah, I thought you were after specs of the Optic-X nyahnyah.gif

GM Nissan Doberman [H 0, Ac 10/25, Sp 75, Pi 3, B 3, Ar 6, S 6]
+Walker mode, weapon mount (external, remote-controlled turret), clearsight 3 and targeting 3 autosofts +Sensors [6] (Camera 6+Smartlink+Lowlight+Thermo+Magnification+Vision Enhance 3 (front), Camera 6+Lowlight (rear), 2 Laser Range Finders (front and back), Motion Sensor (front), Radio Signal Scanner 6) Ingram White Knight [6P, AP -1, BF/FA, RC 5 (6), 50 © or 100 (belt)]
+External smartlink, 100x normal rounds +100x tracer rounds
Unless you want Jazz’s drone to show up at the breach, trailing her, since LeFey is not around. Single shot / burst and retreat, to take out that other mage would give a bit more opportunity for Oyl to keep things stirred up while Sprogget works to stay conscious long enough to retarget the Citymaster weapons.

If Sprogget is going to notice that, and use/command, a bit more specs would be good. Either G’Eye or Banjo could be close enough to notice it sneaking around. Getting access fast enough could be more of an IC problem.
To be practical in the time frame though, I think I need to assume that Jazz gave Sprogget access to it, same as he did to her for G’Eye.
Ok, you have command!
Aria
As far as I can tell you’ll have to hack the rigger’s link, shunt him aside somehow and then give an order to the weapons systems from there. If he’s jumped in (although Osha didn’t think he was as he’d opened his cocoon) then you’ll need to do the ‘attack his icon’ in the matrix (interestingly this has kind of been established in canon in SR5…hackers can seriously mess with a rigger’s day!). Of course you’ve probably got some nefarious scheme in mind! It is mere moments from arriving ‘on scene’ so it had better be fast!
Yes, nefarious and fast scheme ready. Will describe in IC, since Sprogget needs to clue Oyl in , now that he has a bit of idea about what the timing will look like. Too freaking tight!

The outline of the nefarious scheme:
From previous IC and OOC content, the Citymaster is setup for hardwired access only, which is currently a physical connection to the rigger’s commlink. There are currently only 3 people in the Citymaster, one being the rigger who last look said was still in the cocoon, whether jumped in or not. If he is jumped in, or just in VR, Oyl’s spirit can get a good attack on him (prone, not moving, not really aware of physical). If not, then he is running at physical speed, and Sprogget (and Sprite) will be much faster in the matrix, with even more bonus if he is dodging physical attacks from the spirit at the same time.

SR4A225/6 Virtual Reality (Any action taken in the physical world while in VR suffers a –6 dice pool penalty.)

Use the spirit to get the rigger out of VR and defending in the physical world, just as the hack goes through (starts after the decrypt done). Being faster, and without the rigger being jumped in, spoof a command (as coming from the rigger) to the Citymaster to load/run a prepared script. Send it ‘rogue’: treat all metahumans and that remaining APC as enemies, including the current occupants: interesting if the Citymaster has capabilities to quell (gas maybe) trouble with occupants {the rigger cocoon would **normally** protect the driver from that}) Include in that script a special designation that the sensors can detect (without wireless) to allow Mechanicals to get close/in to take over later.

With the timeline, corners are going to have to be cut, with better chances that rigger actions will prevent the plan from working. A requirement to have any chance, is to keep the squad out. The actual take over, starting with the hack, which will need a few combat passes, can not start until the decrypt is done. Decrypt, Sprite to hack rigger commlink, (simultaneous) Sprogget to use matrix perception to get rigger access ID, after hack, Sprogget to use matrix perception to locate access point for Citymaster node, Sprogget or Sprite to spoof command for prepared script.

The IC is going to take some time to get right I think.
…it may just be me but this rigger seems to be in for a bad time nyahnyah.gif They seem to be percularly vulnerable to matrix attack so I’d make the assumption that his link will be protected by an Agent actively checking for hostile icons. A milspec comm shouldn’t be a breeze! SR5 changes all that and I think riggers may be in for a harder time (there’s even a bit in the main rulebook about it…), but we’re not quite there yet biggrin.gif
EDIT: Since Engulf SM100 says materials can appear next to the spirit, and does not need to drag victims inside their (spirit) body, that might mean that multiple victims can be engulfed, one after the other as separate melee attacks, while sustaining the previous engulf ???
I think Osha is going to be using edge to try for a stronger spirit for this.
NO NO NO NO NO! Spirits are bad enough as it is without allowing them to engulf the world! I’m not sure on the RAW (without consulting the main forums) but I’m going to say one use of a power at a time!
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 30 2013, 08:14 AM) *
@Aria,

With the Citymaster moving toward, and G’Eye to intercept (inside the mall), UBWR sensor data is going to be available 'quickly'. When the Citymaster gets close to 100 meters from the breech. If it started closer than that, the information would have been available as soon as G’Eye went active on the sensors, when Sprogget enabled them shortly after the Citymaster was detected.

End of this IC enabled wireless, middle of this comments on not needing to move much with the Citymaster moving. Was **supposed** to be commands beginning of this to get him moving, but that seems to have gotten dropped while I was editing off line.

What is the relative positions of the various occupants? Looking to plan a place for the spirit to have cover while working. Not a lot of room inside a vehicle, but a spirit is not constrained by meta-human norms for shape/stance. Start with LOS to the rigger, but out of view for the Medic and Winter. Some 'moss' inside the cocoon, under rigger sounds good. Rigger meat shield smile.gif Some fluff content in the RAW books show spirits apparently materializing directly out of a wall.

Touched on this earlier, but do not think I got an answer. This would seem to be GM discretion. I cannot see anything RAW that gives an opinion. What would be the effect of a successful Fear SR4A295 attack by a materialized spirit on a rigger either jumped in, or in VR? Where the source of that Fear is inside the same vehicle? Or at least what does Oyl think the effect would be? Options I see are to 'dump' from VR then run away physically, or to run away in the matrix, although the source will still be right with them. (Apparent safety) Someone in VR (their body) can still feel fear, but what will be perceive as the source to run away from? Running away 'with' the jumped in vehicle is another possible, but that is like running away from the tiger that is already on your back smile.gif
Again, probably a question for the main forums…senses are overridden by the RAS but fear is an emotion (?!?) my first reaction is that the fear makes them fear something in the matrix and to ‘run away’ they would have to jack out. I think I’d then ask for a new fear roll from the spirit to confront them again, they would then in theory run from the spirit…worth asking the rules lawyers though!
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 30 2013, 08:14 AM) *
That open cocoon means LOS attacks are possible, even if not initially inside it smile.gif

If fear causes someone to jump out, can the door be closed again by the dog brain (Sprogget’s best guess, and comfort level) ?

IC still being worked on, but here are dice rolls for Oyl to get a force 5 plant spirit, with optional confusion power.
Spend karma(6): Oyl Summoning(2) to (3)
[ Spoiler ]

Mages get a negative modifier for dice pools while sustaining spells. I *was* going to sequence events assuming that Spirits got negatives for sustained powers too, then noticed that Materialization power SR4A296 is listed as sustained, and I have never seen a modifier to the dice pools because of it. Looks like Sustained powers are automatic / concious choice, but do not impact other actions or powers while 'on'.

The initial plan for the spirit, possibly modified by what UWBR shows, and what Sprogget and Oyl believe about dog brain being able to close an open door, and Fear affects on rigger in VR/jumped in.
[ Spoiler ]

Concealment SR4A293: Simple, LOS, Sustained | - (magic) dice from potential observer dice pool
(optional) Confusion SR4A293: Complex, LOS, Sustained | Magic+Willpower vs Willpower, net hits dice pool modifier all actions
Fear SR4A295: Complex, LOS, variable | Willpower+Magic vs Willpower, run away net hits combat turns
Engulf SR4A294, Plant specific SM100: Complex, Touch(Melee), Sustained | magic + net hits on melee attack every (sustained) action phase
- STR+BOD vs MAG+BOD to escape

Now if Sprogget can do as good getting a Sprite to hack the rigger commlink node …
With no magical protection left inside the vehicle that spirit is going to cause some carnage! Not sure about the conceal as you need to be materialised to affect the material plane but you could always instruct it to do that outside the Citymaster before going in. Confusion will also have interesting effects on the rigger…he might even start firing on his troops without you taking over the node ork.gif

Physical layout of the APC: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/161...y_doctaotsu.png

Rigger cocoon in line with mage cocoon along right side of the vehicle, there’s a manual turret gunner position on the left (next to the rigger cocoon and with a view through the ‘window’), most of the rest of the vehicle is open with wall mounted drop down seats for the occupants. Interestingly SR 5 lists a Roadmaster (civvie version) as having 8 seats (including the driver’s)…but doesn’t mention cargo space. I’m saying there are at least 12 seats + the 2 cocoons in this one.

So, if you wouldn’t mind clarifying the spirit effects on someone in VR on the main forum you could even ask about the multi-use of spirit powers… I might even reluctantly let you get away with it nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 30 2013, 10:30 AM) *
.. MG quote snipped ..
Ok, sorry for the confusion over radar/UWBR, it is running the latter, and I thought you were too (on all your vehicles/drones)
DR is running regular (vehicle) radar, G'Eye and Banjo have UWBR, LeO has/had neither.

.. MG quote snipped ..

yes, that fits with what I was thinking…the reason why missiles haven’t rained down on you!
So the IC content about DR going active with the Radar was incorrect.  The original incoming scan contact had enough information to both know that it was UWBR (for the Optic-X at least), and fairly close where it was, even if the storm and stealth profile meant that it could not be seen visibly.  I expect that the Citymaster is running regular vehicle radar, like the monocycle is.  No real barrier penetration for that, so easier to hide from.  LeO was just too visible, given the position used to target the APC.

.. MG quote snipped ..

We’ll hold that thought for now then…not sure what it would achieve anyway given you other plans!
Faking content from the sensor platform could be fun IC though.  Just as the Citymaster goes rogue, show a bunch of other (ground troop) contacts moving in, including something 'heavy' inside the breech, so they do not retreat that way, to really stir up that squad <evil evil grin> 

.. MG quote snipped ..

Sorry again, was assuming you were running the parallel decrypts as you described to bring us more or less back in sync…
I was probably not clear enough on the original description.  It was intended to show the different possible paths depending on interpretation of what was possible, and an implied question about what you would allow.  Parallel looks reasonable, to allow TM's and Sprites the same general base abilities as hackers and agents, but does not seem completely required.  So the first and third decrypts would finish before the Citymaster stops, and the second just as it stops.  Sprogget will 'dither' a bit, but wait for the final decrypt to finish before compiling a new sprite for the hack.  IC timing should have Oyl's spirit hitting the rigger with confusion about then, and if that looks like enough to prevent the Citymaster from stopping by the squad, Sprogget gains a little time.  The time needed to compile and hack means that unless the confusion adjusts things, the squad could start boarding before he was done anyway.

.. block snipped ..

GM Nissan Doberman [H 0, Ac 10/25, Sp 75, Pi 3, B 3, Ar 6, S 6]
+Walker mode, weapon mount (external, remote-controlled turret), clearsight 3 and targeting 3 autosofts +Sensors [6] (Camera 6+Smartlink+Lowlight+Thermo+Magnification+Vision Enhance 3 (front), Camera 6+Lowlight (rear), 2 Laser Range Finders (front and back), Motion Sensor (front), Radio Signal Scanner 6) Ingram White Knight [6P, AP -1, BF/FA, RC 5 (6), 50 © or 100 (belt)]
+External smartlink, 100x normal rounds +100x tracer rounds
.. MG quote snipped ..
Ok, you have command!
Would you like IC and plans/dice rolls for this 'pup' shooting the mage, or do you want to just include the result in one of your IC posts?  Pending IC has the instructions to add it to the tacnet, and get it moving into tentative position, then fine tune when the mage is tagged on tacnet, before taking the shot.  Your previous IC had the squad spreading out and taking cover, behind the APC, and at the breech.  Where did the mage end up?  To give the Doberman a better chance of getting close enough unnoticed, and clear again after, I would 'prefer' at the breech.  I have the drone initially approaching that from inside the mall.  Also, what is the timing going to look like for the spirit hauling Jazz out of the sewer, Doberman targeting the mage, and finishing the final decrypt (which would match the Citymaster stopping, if the confusion does not change that)?

QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 30 2013, 10:30 AM) *
.. MG quote snipped ..
…it may just be me but this rigger seems to be in for a bad time nyahnyah.gif
I certainly hope so ork.gif:
They seem to be percularly vulnerable to matrix attack so I’d make the assumption that his link will be protected by an Agent actively checking for hostile icons.  A milspec comm shouldn’t be a breeze!  SR5 changes all that and I think riggers may be in for a harder time (there’s even a bit in the main rulebook about it…), but we’re not quite there yet biggrin.gif
SR5 I think says no IC except in hosts, so yah, not in the commlinks.  In SR4 an agent (and IC) would be valid in a commlink, especially higher end, with the resources to run it and it's payload of programs.  Good thing Sprogget's current plan is to not stick around long enough to give the IC much chance to interfere!

.. MG quote snipped ..

NO NO NO NO NO!  Spirits are bad enough as it is without allowing them to engulf the world!  I’m not sure on the RAW (without consulting the main forums) but I’m going to say one use of a power at a time!
It **has** to be more than one power at a time, since materialization is a power, but limiting the number of uses of each makes sense.  I was figuring the number of uses of a power limited by spirit rating, like is explicitly done for Concealment and Guard.  The difference being that those can be applied to multiple targets simultaneously, if all in LOS, while Engulf requires individual Melee attacks.  I can work with one engulf at a time, though I need at least confusion sustained while doing Fear and /or Engulf without getting a lot trickier / riskier.

.. MG quote snipped ..

Again, probably a question for the main forums…senses are overridden by the RAS but fear is an emotion (?!?)  my first reaction  is that the fear makes them fear something in the matrix and to ‘run away’ they would have to jack out.  I think I’d then ask for a new fear roll from the spirit to confront them again, they would then in theory run from the spirit…worth asking the rules lawyers though!
Forcing a jackout would be 'perfect' for my plan.  Would not even need to have him run away from the spirit.  In fact need to prevent that, so that the physical wired connection is not unplugged.  The fear would prevent going back in for at least 1 combat turn, and that at meat speed after jackout.

.. MG quote snipped ..

With no magical protection left inside the vehicle that spirit is going to cause some carnage!  Not sure about the conceal as you need to be materialised to affect the material plane but you could always instruct it to do that outside the Citymaster before going in.
Once materialized, could the spirit move through the wall of the Citymaster?  Isn't it going to be too solid to do that?  Yes need to be materialized to affect the physical plane, but figured could have the power already active while materialising, so that it did not need an extra complex action while it was easier to notice.  Having a place to materialize that is out of sight from all of the occupants would do as well.  Inside/under the riggers cocoon, or maybe inside the dead mage's cocoon look reasonable.
Confusion will also have interesting effects on the rigger…he might even start firing on his troops without you taking over the node ork.gif
I had not considered that possibility. smile.gif  I was just hoping to get him to not stop / turn away from the squad, so they did not get involved inside the Citymaster.

Physical layout of the APC:  http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/161...y_doctaotsu.png
nice model image.

Rigger cocoon in line with mage cocoon along right side of the vehicle, there’s a manual turret gunner position on the left (next to the rigger cocoon and with a view through the ‘window’), most of the rest of the vehicle is open with wall mounted drop down seats for the occupants.  Interestingly SR 5 lists a Roadmaster (civvie version) as having 8 seats (including the driver’s)…but doesn’t mention cargo space.  I’m saying there are at least 12 seats + the 2 cocoons in this one.
Mechanicals are going to like having this smile.gif  A little big and conspicuous for discrete transport that Sprogget was complaining about not having during the 'great escape', but a little operating process adjustment, and Spindle in that cocoon rigged with the 'mage sight' vision system already built in …
I think the local gangs will be leery of direct confrontations smile.gif  Just need to convince Spindle that the Citymaster is a reasonable 'rat hole' to run/retreat to.
Would make an excellent 'limo' for Oyl to attend any diplomatic negotiations too.
With the limited resource (actives) available, it would seldom be fully crewed, but no need to tell anyone that, and they would have to mostly guess about that anyway, unless a deliberate parade / demonstration was done.
Getting ahead, but how about this: with the Mechanicals skills, refit the interior to be removable / reconfigurable.  An alternate configuration could turn it into a mobile meeting room, with amenities supplied by the tribal gardens.  Pull up and 'invite' a gang leader and his lieutenants to step into Oyl's office, for a meal and chat.  Carrot and the stick shown all at once.

So, if you wouldn’t mind clarifying the spirit effects on someone in VR on the main forum you could even ask about the multi-use of spirit powers… I might even reluctantly let you get away with it nyahnyah.gif

Queries posted:
matrix and fear
multiple engulf

When the actual combat goes 'live', how fast do you want to run it? I can post as clear of instructions for the Spirit as possible, then you can run mostly end to end. Or IP by IP. There are going to be a bunch of decision points for *someone*, based on what the opposition is doing, noticing, resisting. As well as a trigger from Sprogget, to Oyl, to Spirit about triggering Fear or Engulfing the rigger, to try to pull him out of VR (or at least not jumped in), to leave a path for Sprogget. Lots of things happening almost at the same time, and the order will need to affect the actions being taken. At least with the UWBR in G'Eye, Sprogget will be able to mostly keep up with how the Spirit is doing.
Machine Ghost
@Aria,
For SR5, I have a convenient 'mark' symbol for Sprogget to use ⚙, if that works in most browsers smile.gif

Sliding a hacked Scan(6)+Optimization(3)+Ergonomic+Crashguard program into Banjo, so it can do "Detect Hidden Node" for Sprogget
Electronic Warfare(4)+Scan(6) (4, Complex Action)
[ Spoiler ]

For shooting the mage, I think a pair of short bursts looks good.  If the first burst takes him out, use the second simple action to start the retreat.
[ Spoiler ]
I think I have IC organized in a reasonable order for what Sprogget and Oyl are doing, and what other IC says is happening.  I can squeeze an extra (Oyl) IP or 2 out of that, to get the Spirit active earlier, by having the watcher notice the spirit kidnapping Jazz latter in the sequence, just after sending the Plant spirit to the Citymaster.  That would also give Fido more time to get into position.

Given the timeline for the decrypts and Citymaster, the IC is taking too long, but wanted to fill in a reasonable planning dialog between Sprogget and Oyl, since they are not mind readers.

For creating the fake sensor data, Sprogget has Artisan(1)+INT(5), Disguise(2)+INT(5), Automotive Mechanic(2)+LOG(4), Electronic Warfare(2)+LOG(4), Hardware(2)+LOG(4) to draw on.  Hardware for what the sensors see, electronic warfare for the signals end of inserting the data, the rest for making it look right in context.

It was both interesting a fun trying to interleave the actions at different speeds, with everyone in a hurry to get things done and ready in time.  To get the feel of the rush, and suppressed panic.  At this point, the fake sensor data is a time killing project for Sprogget, but keeping busy is way better than chewing on his virtual nails.  If feels like he is contributing, even if it is mostly waiting.

Plant Spirit(5)+Confusion: B 8, A 4, R 7, S 9, CILW Edg 5, Init 10, IP 2 Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

ChromeZephyr
@Aria: Can I hear Jazz coming back towards me? Need to know so I can put up an appropriate IC post.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Oct 31 2013, 09:19 AM) *
@Aria: Can I hear Jazz coming back towards me? Need to know so I can put up an appropriate IC post.
Oyl had a watcher spirit keeping an eye on Jazz, so she got warning that way. The middle of this IC has the watcher passing a message to Scrapheap. Which order things happen is of course somewhat flexible.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Oct 31 2013, 05:19 PM) *

No, she's gone, no scream, nothing...
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 31 2013, 03:34 PM) *
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 31 2013, 01:13 PM) *

Oyl had a watcher spirit keeping an eye on Jazz, so she got warning that way. The middle of this IC has the watcher passing a message to Scrapheap. Which order things happen is of course somewhat flexible.
No, she's gone, no scream, nothing...
I guess the question is what the watcher spirit has been seeing then. My previous IC may have issues.

How fast is Fido going to be in position to take the shot at the mage in these timelines?
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

Looking at the image you supplied for the Citymaster, I am going to tentatively say that the door is powered, so the dog brain should at least be able to close it when open.  It might not even be possible to open (easily) without having the dog brain / rigger request it.  Winter and the Medic/Tacnet manager might not be ABLE to exit the vehicle when Fear hits them.  Not going to be able to hit the 'crash bar' and jump.

I included triggering Fido to attack the mage in the IC, but do not know where that should be in the sequence.  No information about when Fido would get into position, or how that matches to the Spirit kidnapping Jazz.

I tried to leave the dependencies between the Sprite hacking the commlink, and the Spirit attacking the Citymaster occupants open.  With a description of the somewhat anticipated / planned timing.  Let's see where you put the progress of the Spirit when it gets the go ahead from Oyl.  Crack Sprite has Suppression power, so any firewall related alerts triggered by the Sprite actions gets delayed by 3 combat **Turns**, and for the hacking, that delay does not start until the firewall accumulates Stealth(5) hits on Analyze(6?)+Firewall(7) extended.  Even if that was the first roll, the alert does not get triggered for 9 matrix IP

Sprogget
[ Spoiler ]

Crack(5)+Spoof: Pilot 5, Response 6, Firewall 5, Matrix Init 15, IP 3, Edge 5 SR4A242
[ Spoiler ]

Information to go with the fake sensor data thoughts in IC
AU36/7 Radar sense (= UWBR AR60), Cumulative 5 x rating structure rating SR4A166 penetration
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 1 2013, 02:37 AM) *
[/indent]No, she's gone, no scream, nothing...
I guess the question is what the watcher spirit has been seeing then. My previous IC may have issues.

How fast is Fido going to be in position to take the shot at the mage in these timelines?

Don't think so...spirit engulfed her (sorta) and concealed her so that the mundanes can't see her...the watcher can see this (sorry, I forgot you had a watcher there when I wrote the original IC)...it has been ordered to bring her out 'unseen' so being quite bright it is going to silence poor little watcher and send it packing!

I'm working up the timeline IP by IP more or less to try and track the intrusion etc...it might take me a bit of time to go through all your rolls etc so bear with me sarcastic.gif

EDIT: I note a lot of your rolls have spirits / sprites using their edge! Don't be surprised if your foes (mainly Winter) do the same! Gotta have the main villain live to fight another day ork.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 1 2013, 10:03 AM) *
Don't think so...spirit engulfed her (sorta) and concealed her so that the mundanes can't see her...the watcher can see this (sorry, I forgot you had a watcher there when I wrote the original IC)...it has been ordered to bring her out 'unseen' so being quite bright it is going to silence poor little watcher and send it packing!

I'm working up the timeline IP by IP more or less to try and track the intrusion etc...it might take me a bit of time to go through all your rolls etc so bear with me sarcastic.gif

EDIT: I note a lot of your rolls have spirits / sprites using their edge! Don't be surprised if your foes (mainly Winter) do the same! Gotta have the main villain live to fight another day ork.gif
I wouldn't say 'a lot' Exactly one each, other then their own discretion in defending themselves.

So the information from watcher to Oyl will be something about hiding, then it goes poof, and Oyl will pass to Sprogget that she can not track, and will just have to get the shot from Fido as soon as possible. And will not know where Jazz will be at the time. I will assume that as a prisoner, Jazz is unarmed. I sort of accounted for that with the IC for the script to feed to the City master. It should not be attacking unarmed people, only trying to keep away from them, unless they are trying to board.
ChromeZephyr
Uhhh, so did the watcher deliver it's message to me or not? I am getting lost in the walls of text and the rapid time shifts.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Nov 4 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Uhhh, so did the watcher deliver it's message to me or not? I am getting lost in the walls of text and the rapid time shifts.

Yes, it did, just before disappearing mid sentance...something is UP! But that will be clear as soon as you look round and can't see Jazz anymore but can see Gemeaux coming towards you down the sewer...

Ok, let’s start with Fido & the Plant biggrin.gif:
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 31 2013, 10:00 AM) *
For shooting the mage, I think a pair of short bursts looks good. If the first burst takes him out, use the second simple action to start the retreat.
[ Spoiler ]
Yeah, your rolls may be ok but the mage is alert (Full defense), in cover, wearing good armour and benefitting from a tacnet! One burst certainly ain’t gonna cut the mustard, neither is 2 (although (s)he is wounded by then)…after that I don’t hold much hope for Fido’s chances…poor Jazz nyahnyah.gif Inbound fire!!!

Can you clarify for me exactly how Osha is communicating with her Plant? Normally remote service means it buggers off to perform your instructions, it’s a bit of a reach to give live commands after that (although I’m going to allow it for now!)

Materialized spirits have 2IP I believe…
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 31 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Plant Spirit(5)+Confusion: B 8, A 4, R 7, S 9, CILW Edg 5, Init 10, IP 2 Rolls
[ Spoiler ]
Can you remind me who the Plant is attacking, what order etc, sorry, lost in the epic posts biggrin.gif I’ve assumed Confusion, Fear, Fear, Engulf?!?, Fear…???
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 4 2013, 10:27 AM) *
.. snip ..

Ok, let’s start with Fido & the Plant biggrin.gif:
.. quote snipped ..
Yeah, your rolls may be ok but the mage is alert (Full defense), in cover, wearing good armour and benefitting from a tacnet!  One burst certainly ain’t gonna cut the mustard, neither is 2 (although (s)he is wounded by then)…after that I don’t hold much hope for Fido’s chances…poor Jazz nyahnyah.gif  Inbound fire!!!
I think that Fido is running at matrix speed (3IP), so might get another shot, if the mage used (his/her {hir}) (only?) action with 1IP for full defense.  Others likely have more IP though, and can respond sooner.  Assuming that inbound fire is from the Citymaster, Jazz should be OK (at least not targeted), since she is unarmed.  Sprogget can also watch wirelessly for her to get clear of the earth blocking, and give her a headsup about the situation.  He is not hacking, only monitoring his own tacnet sensors AND the hacked feed for the squad.  At least enough to say ‘stay down, hug pavement’.  She might also get ‘released’ early, if the mage wants that spirit or to call another for protection.  Or if/when the Citymaster opens fire (likely on the APC first, since it should look like the most dangerous threat to the do Citymaster), the mage will be one of the targets.  If the mage is near the APC, here’s a missile up your tail pipe.  If the mage is at the breach, Fido will be exposed only to those that are also there.

Can you clarify for me exactly how Osha is communicating with her Plant?  Normally remote service means it buggers off to perform your instructions, it’s a bit of a reach to give live commands after that (although I’m going to allow it for now!)
Micromanaging the Spirit’s actions was not the intent.  Osha/Oyl setup the goals IC here, then is just going to use the mage/spirit link to let the Spirit know when it is time to go to the next phase.  Since she only has 1IP, giving more specific real time direction than that that would not work very well.  Sprogget is faster, but same is true there.  He gave the Sprite the goal of getting the Citymaster dog brain to use the script, and provided a path that should get to there, but the Sprite will act on it’s own to ‘off sequence’ events and problems.

Materialized spirits have 2IP I believe…
Yes
Can you remind me who the Plant is attacking, what order etc, sorry, lost in the epic posts biggrin.gif  I’ve assumed Confusion, Fear, Fear, Engulf?!?, Fear…???
For details see post linked above.
Phase 1: go in concealed, confuse rigger, attack others starting with Fear and medic.  Restrain rigger if he tries to get out of cocoon
Phase 2: Fear (only if still in VR {appears to be asleep}) then engulf (but not kill) rigger, continue attack on others
Phase 3: Kill rigger and move the body to the far end of the Citymaster (breaking wired connection).
The phase shifts are triggered by Sproggets messages to Oyl.  To reduce message lag, I am assuming that Oyl is holding action, so she can act immediately after/same pass as the messages from Sprogget.  The spirit is busy, so will act on the change in status it’s next action (it’s 2nd IP of that turn).
Tricky coordination: Oyl 1IP, Spirit 2IP, Sprogget and Sprite 3IP.
Note: Oyl has another watcher spirit active that could notice things here.
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Oct 11 2013, 12:02 AM) *
@Watcher 3:“Patrol the area around the Citymaster, APCs and Sproggets locations in astral, immediately reporting any magically|astrally active aura|presence seen”.

Aria
This is a WIP, most useful to you all is probably the timeline to the present in IPs. I’m assuming that at the end of my IC post that we are at about 1P 1.1
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 1 2013, 09:16 AM) *
@Aria,

Looking at the image you supplied for the Citymaster, I am going to tentatively say that the door is powered, so the dog brain should at least be able to close it when open. It might not even be possible to open (easily) without having the dog brain / rigger request it. Winter and the Medic/Tacnet manager might not be ABLE to exit the vehicle when Fear hits them. Not going to be able to hit the 'crash bar' and jump.
There will be an override by the door (probably like the one on an aeroplane) in case the APC is hit by something nasty, loses power and the occupants need to escape…so when that fear hits assume they’ll blow the door if nobody lets them out!
I included triggering Fido to attack the mage in the IC, but do not know where that should be in the sequence. No information about when Fido would get into position, or how that matches to the Spirit kidnapping Jazz.
Let’s assume that the attack happens seconds before the Citymaster reaches the breech and your attack on the rigger’s link happens… summary of the timeline at the end of this post.
I tried to leave the dependencies between the Sprite hacking the commlink, and the Spirit attacking the Citymaster occupants open. With a description of the somewhat anticipated / planned timing. Let's see where you put the progress of the Spirit when it gets the go ahead from Oyl. Crack Sprite has Suppression power, so any firewall related alerts triggered by the Sprite actions gets delayed by 3 combat **Turns**, and for the hacking, that delay does not start until the firewall accumulates Stealth(5) hits on Analyze(6?)+Firewall(7) extended. Even if that was the first roll, the alert does not get triggered for 9 matrix IP

Sprogget
[ Spoiler ]

Crack(5)+Spoof: Pilot 5, Response 6, Firewall 5, Matrix Init 15, IP 3, Edge 5 SR4A242
[ Spoiler ]
Don’t forget that a commlink only has admin rights, it’s not a nexus or mainframe…so you’ll need the extra 6 hits to get in! And the extra chance to get spotted! Commlinks are an Ares model milspec ‘link – too tired to come up with a funky name at the moment, feel free! As noted above, firewall 7 + admin 6 = 13 so that’s 7 complex actions to get in! Analyse + firewall vs hacker's sprite’s stealth (5), so that’s you spotted on IP2 (but that will be delayed for 3 turns…better be quick!) Is Sprogget in the node too or just the sprite? Couldn’t quite work it out so I’m assuming he’s not there for the moment…(?!?)
Simple Action: Analyze Node: Computer(5)+Analyze(5) : Hardwired access to Citymaster
Analyze Node: Citymaster hardwired connection address
10d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,3,4,5,2,3,2,5] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [5,4,3,6,6,4,6,1,1,2] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,1,2,1,4,5,5,2,4,5] = (4)

Complex Action: Spoof Command SR4A232: Hacking(5)+Spoof(5)+Edge(5) opposed Pilot+Firewall : Accept and run this script
Hacking(5)+Spoof(5)+Edge(5) Spoof Command run script; edge 6's dice pool
15d6.hits(5) → [6,3,6,1,4,4,1,6,3,1,5,2,4,2,6] = (5)
8d6.hits(5) → [3,3,5,3,1,1,3,1] = (1) edge dice

6 hits with the edge

Detection: Agent Pilot+Analyze opposed Sprite Hacking(5)+Stealth(5)
Stealth against detection
10d6.hits(5) → [5,6,2,2,2,1,2,5,2,2] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,4,6,1,4,6,2,1,6,5] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,2,4,1,1,6,3,6,2,1] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,5,6,4,5,4,6,1,6,4] = (6)

Initiative: 3 x Rating
Matrix Initiative (15d6.hits(5) → [3,1,3,1,5,2,6,3,1,5,6,6,1,1,5] = (6) = 21)
I don’t think I’ve every had a 21 initiative on anything I was play before.

Has 4 more edge to use to protect itself
Defense: Agent Pilot+Attack opposed Sprite Response(6)+Firewall(5) SR4A236/7
Full Defense: Agent Pilot+Attack opposed Sprite Response(6)+Firewall(5)+Hacking(5) (if waiting for rigger to be kicked out)
Spoof Command: Hacking(5)+Spoof(5) opposed Agent/IC Pilot(4?)+Firewall(7) : Ignore Sprite and Sprogget (if waiting for rigger to be kicked out)
Resist Damage: System(5)+Armor(0)
Miscellaneous and Edge dice pool
10d6.hits(5) → [1,3,5,4,6,1,3,3,1,4] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,3,5,5,4,2,4,4] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,5,4,3,3,4,4,4,1,5] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,5,5,5,4,3,2,4] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [5,2,5,6,5,5,3,2,3,5] = (6)
10d6.hits(5) → [5,3,1,2,1,6,3,4,5,1] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [2,2,2,3,6,5,4,4,6,5] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [5,2,1,1,6,5,3,3,3,5] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,4,3,5,5,3,6,3,2,4] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,4,2,4,1,3,2,2,3,4] = (0)

Hope I do not need much of that

Information to go with the fake sensor data thoughts in IC
AU36/7 Radar sense (= UWBR AR60), Cumulative 5 x rating structure rating SR4A166 penetration

Timeline (feel free to disagree with the order if it doesn’t make sense, my brain is fried):

(pre 1) Gemeaux goes into sewer
(pre 1) Jazz grabbed, decrypts begin on the rigger et al.
(pre 1) Osha & Sprogget plan of attack
(pre 1) Confusion by Osha’s spirit, rigger got 2 hits on will resist, so that’s -2 or -3D to his actions, followed by non-damaging engulf
(pre 1) Fido fires at the mage, wounded but not incapacitated, squad return fire on Fido with extreme prejudice!
(pre 1) Plant fears Tacnet Op, Winter summons help via tacnet before being feared
(pre 1) Gemeaux and Scrap see through the concealment around Jazz - she's being engulfed by the air elemental and is being dragged back towards the way you came in
(1.1) Sprogget tells Oyl to hit the rigger (with Fear), Winter shakes off fear
(1.1) Sprogget compile Sprite
(1.1) plus delay for communications; Plant Spirit attacks rigger (Fear if still in VR at that time)
(1.2) Sprogget deliberate delay
(1.3) Sprogget deliberate delay
(2.1) Original APC launches 2 rotodrones
(2.1) Sprite attacks firewall
(2.2) attacking firewall
(2.2) firewall notices attack, but 'confused' by suppression
(2.3) attacking firewall
(3.1) attacking firewall, Tac Op shakes off fear
(3.2) attacking firewall
(3.3) attacking firewall
(4.1) attacking firewall, firewall goes down, logged in
(4.1) IC perception to see Sprite
(4.2) Sprite perception to find the hardwired connection
(4.2) IC attack if Sprite seen
(4.3) Sprite Spoof Citymaster (assuming rigger not still there and jumped in)
(4.1) Sprite leaves commlink
(4.1) Sprogget tells Oyl to finish off the rigger
(4.2) Alert triggered
(4.3)
(5.1) Rigger shakes off fear (assuming still in the picture)

ChromeZephyr
Okay, so Initiative time: Initiative 8 = [4,4,2,4,6,4,5,2] = 2 hits. Initiative 10, Edge spent to get a second Initiative Pass. 2 Edge remaining.

Free Action: Drop weapon (AK on sling)
Simple Action: Ready Weapon (draw machete from scabbard)
Simple Action: Bellow challenge to air spirit.

Complex Action: Melee attack vs. spirit. No, Scrapheap hasn't the faintest idea how stupid this is. Yes, Scrapheap's player knows. All about the IC, yo. Agility 4 + Blades 3 = [2,1,3,2,4,3,6] = 1 hit. Damage is 7 with 1 hit, assuming he even manages to hit it. And unless that is an amazingly weak spirit, it'll just no sell the attack. *shrug*

IC post being crafted.
Aria
It's not...it might be an amazingly peeved spirit now... ork.gif Might have to go and look up 'attacks of will' though, something Scrap might be doing without realising it, just depends on RAW, he certainly seems angry enough biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012