Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
@ SK:

I put up a post of Demon picking up gear if anyone needs it. I'll put up a shopping list tomorrow (work was a real bitch today). Just let me know if there is a write-up on the price. smile.gif
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
kk rolling for my two auto softs:

automatics r3:

1d6 → [6] = (6)
woo its a shiny knockoff!

and infiltration r3:

1d6 → [4] = (4)

good to know Im not going to be buggy
zephraim
Sorry about the short post, It's late and I need to get up early so I didn't have time to write more.

About the date, I'm assuming since I haven't seen anything else mentioned that we're on April 16 as well?
JxJxA
@ Ghost:

Lol
Aria
@I'm on a boat: we do have mapsofts don't we? I'll keep heading towards the lifeboats until something untoward happens...

@DF: if there are no more questions then Doza's plan of stash the kid and go and look for yourselves is probably the best course...

@Hunters: Shrike will do a data search (+browse?!?) extended roll with mixed results:

5d6.hits(5) → [4,3,4,4,2] = (0)
5d6.hits(5) → [2,6,2,4,6] = (2)
5d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,5,6] = (3)
5d6.hits(5) → [5,1,6,5,2] = (3)
5d6.hits(5) → [4,5,1,6,3] = (2)

She's after latest google earth type images and any more street gosip about the area that's on the public/semi public data bases...
AppliedCheese
Sorry for the absence. had an unexpected loss of connectivity for a few days.

@IOAB

So long as you take a moment to strap in, you should be aok, probably the equivalent of a very minor collision while safety strapped...While technically they're rated for "unstrapped" drops, that tends to inherently assume the sinking ship has slowed down a bit.

To get to the lifeboats you will have to go down to the 2nd floor or the deck and then cover about 25m of gantry/deck after going out the door. This will take about 25 seconds at the run, 50 seconds walking, and 90+ seconds creeping forward carefully.
Friendbot2000
@Hunters Pursuit
I will get to posting as soon as I can, right now my professors decided to pile on a friggin huge amount of homework on me and it is due next week. I have been working on it all week and I have barely scratched the surface...gonna be a looooong weekend.
JxJxA
@ Aria: Oops, I may have misread your last comment at directing anger towards Demon. x_x
Zaranthan
@IOABoat

We're currently steaming toward K-E coverage at an uncomfortable pace. I vote we charge.
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 21 2011, 12:45 AM) *
@ Aria: Oops, I may have misread your last comment at directing anger towards Demon. x_x

smile.gif
AppliedCheese
I should specify: those times are to get to the door at deck level OR the second floor door. just select your pace and destination...
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Oct 21 2011, 07:54 PM) *
I should specify: those times are to get to the door at deck level OR the second floor door. just select your pace and destination...

Think I must have missed a post somewhere...times? Anyone point me in the right direction and Silk will get on it!
Seth
@General
Sorry for the posting lapse, work was harder than expected, but fortunately that surge of work is over now.
My usual disclaimer: If I haven't answered a question ask it again as I have missed it.

@OnTheBoat
I vote we use the movement power to get us to the lifeboats faster!

@SuicideKings
Nice In game fracas. Caused mostly by me not posting...but still nice to read.

OK I am moving you towards the island. Please note the time has changed

Aria
@I'm on a boat: is Silk able to see/detect the people in the stairwell below? I'm assuming the flyspy is at least a flight ahead...are we in a dogleg stair so we could drop a grenade over the rail or is it an enclosed space? I'm honestly not sure which is more likely on a super freighter...

@DF: do you want me to move you on or do you want to IC stashing the kid at Jotamon's house? I think that was the original plan anyway... ork.gif

@SKs: I'm thinking of summoning a REALLY big spirit...are there still rules about how long they stick around when summoned? I have vague recolections of dawn and dusk so there wouldn't be any point summoning it now if it will bugger off before being useful...?!?
AppliedCheese
Its a dogleg, and as you cross the third deck the fly spy will pick up a pair of unarmed crewmen arguing. The words are indisticnt, but captain and hijacked are mentioned.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 24 2011, 02:18 PM) *
@SKs: I'm thinking of summoning a REALLY big spirit...are there still rules about how long they stick around when summoned? I have vague recolections of dawn and dusk so there wouldn't be any point summoning it now if it will bugger off before being useful...?!?
Sunrise and sunset limits still apply for unbound spirits. If we are going in in the evening, then will need to wait till sunset. When appropriate, Copperhead will also summon Lightning Snake, an air spirit (F3) with energy aura (lightning) as its optional power.

Summoning 3 + Magic 3 = 6d6.hits(5)=2
Spirit resists F3 = 3d6.hits(5)=1 = 1 service
Resist 2S drain: Cha 3 + Will 5 = 8d6.hits(5)=5 - no drain, pity didn't roll this for summoning!

im going to use that bit of roleplay to familiarize Jacob with widgets more in depth, treat him as mildly distracted until we dock up.
Seth
@OnTheBoat
Hurrah for scouting!

OK given bad guys coming on the deck level, let's go out the other way.

There are two guys talking, I am going to charge them, and as they are presumably close together attack both. I don't think I have done this before with melee: It always struck me as a bad idea to split your die pool. But if they are surprised...well that should be fun.

Surprise roll: I added 6 die as I know they are there, but knock them off if you want: 6 successes (just use the first roll)
Attacks: 2 successes each (I made two mistakes: 2 points of agility too high, and forgot +2 for charging...so the mistakes kind of cancel out).
Base damage: 7 stun electrical, with the whole nasty taser effect.
Aria
I thought the arguing guys were down below us in the stairwell? Not a problem if Seth has invented two more opponenets for us smile.gif

Silk will have words about the whole "I have point" thing however nyahnyah.gif... bloomin mages rushing off into combat, what happened to respecting the "geek the mage first" ?!? smile.gif
JxJxA
@ Seth:

Here's Demon's shopping list. Let me know if there are any mark-ups above regular prices. smile.gif

100 APDS rounds for Demon's customized Walter MA-2100---700 nuyen
10 Spare clips for Demon's customized Walter MA-2100---50 nuyen
10 White phosphorus grenades---1,200 nuyen
10 White phosphorus mini-grenades for Demon's customized Ares Alpha---1,200 nuyen

Other stuff picked up along the way...
1 Set of "flats"---5 nuyen
Raising Lifestyle from Low to Middle---1 month for 5,000 nuyen (includes cigarettes and wine biggrin.gif)

Total cost: 8,155 nuyen
Zaranthan
@Aria
Clearly, it's Nerd Rage. biggrin.gif
AppliedCheese
@ Seth

Err, are you charging down the stairwell to beat up the arguers or heading out the door on the second floor to the gantry leading to the lifeboat?

Also, please roll perception at (full darkness , -2 situational) for option number 2.
So where are we in SK? Can we IC getting into the docking bay?
Seth
@AppliedCheese
Sorry I edited the IC, forgot to edit the OOC. I mis read the post, and Aria correct me.
To be clear: I am avoiding the arguing crewmembers

@SuicideKings
If everyone is happy I will move time forwards to when Teague leaves his compound. Does anyone know the time for sunrise.

@JxJXA
Shopping list OK. (Cigarettes and Wine are covered by lifestyle)
question on timing. i believe we were going over and then waiting for the later time to go for it ? also Id like to have enough time pass for me to whirl up a few widgets beforehand. Wasnt sure when we were actually assaulting so didnt rp it in my last post. Ie I thought op was supposed to be at 04:00 or something. If so was going to work on the widgets at tthe kimpton.
JxJxA
@ Seth: Cool, I guess it's time to upgrade my lifestyle to middle. I'll edit the previous post for the money and put up a total. smile.gif I'm fine with moving along. Demon is just waiting to see if Hansai knows anything about his contacts (if they are alive/dead/hunting him down).

@ Suicide Kings: Are we going to take Hansai up on his offer to be a distraction?
Aria
@SKs:

Well Dealer certainly doesn't trust Hansai and his involvement is a little too convienient but Ember has sort of seen him save his wife so he's ambivilant...we can probably do without him...in the mood Ember's in he is as likely to suggest Demon snipers the guards as a distraction ork.gif

EDIT: ok, this will probably kill him but he's beyond caring now...once we established whether we are attacking after dawn or after dusk I will summon a fc 7 air spirit (I believe this is still stun drain as the power focus adds to magic - is this correct?)

Summoning 15D = 3 hits, edge re-roll = 3 more hits
Resist 7D = 1 hit smile.gif
Drain 9D = 4 hits = no drain and 5 services - now we're talking!

@DFs:

What's doing? Are you going to stash the kid and go hunting? Feel free to allow some 'downtime' slippage and just let me know when you intend to start your foray...
jacob would prefer not to use hansai either but use his stay at the kimpton for a stable place to craft widgets etc etc and really thinks scouting the layout for a dusk attack would be best. He wont however craft widgets until about 2-3 hrs before the attack, if we wait till dusk he can register another sprite

JxJxA
@ SK: Sounds good, and Demon is more than happy to serve as a deadly distraction wink.gif
AppliedCheese
@SK

Ok, now i'm confused...do spirits resist at 2x force or just force? Thiswill porbably affect IOAB.

The Kimpton sounds like not such a good idea, unless we're prepared to throw in complete with Hansai. I think we agreed to let the mages and hacker do some recon through the day, and then go in at night. As for a distraction, nah. If we wanted to be real evil we'd set him to arrive maybe..oh..ten minutes or so after the alarm goes up. Ideally with the hacker relabeling him in hardcore's system as a hostile while leaving fake emm386 traces. Course the investigation would cost MCT the spectres...unless we destroyed the data after leaving, and used it as leverage for our lives.

Actually, thinking long game here, we still don't have a plan for dealing with the spectres and allanby's back labels. If we expose teague publically, MCT/Novatech lose them as ill gotten gains, and we just cost a mega millions of nuyen. Which is bad for the ole life expectancy.

@IOAB

Seth: If you could please roll perception (near-total darkness, -4 situational modifiers)
JxJxA
@ Applied Cheese: Spirits resist summoning at their Force. The summoning mage must resist a drain value of x2 the spirit's hits.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 31 2011, 12:40 AM) *
@ Applied Cheese: Spirits resist summoning at their Force. The summoning mage must resist a drain value of x2 the spirit's hits.
Unless you are trying to bind it, in which case it is Force*2 and possibly edge as well.
JxJxA
Oops, yeah. That, too. smile.gif
IC the boat ride was supposed to take 30 mins or so. Jacob is rather paranoid now and I figured seth might appreciate a plot hook... so long as it doesnt hang us smile.gif nice gm pls? biggrin.gif
And are we going at sunrise or at dusk as applied cheese has said?
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Oct 30 2011, 08:14 PM) *
@IOAB

Seth: If you could please roll perception (near-total darkness, -4 situational modifiers)

Seth seems to be temporarily unavailable so to move things along (and as Silk is following Siran out anyway) I thought I'd make some perception rolls if that's ok? I'm assuming you meant 'partial light' for visibility but if not feel free to knock off a D. I've also assumed the tacnet applies so knock off another 2 if you think not... smile.gif I'll roll again for the drone that's going out of the door first (after Siran)...

Drone: 6 sensor +3 pilot +2 tacnet -2 light -4 other = 5D = bugger all! Note to self, get clearsight soft!
Silk: Perception 4 + Int 4 + 3 'ware +3 vision +2 tacnet -2 light -4 other = 10D = [6,4,5,2,5,5,6,1,1,6] = (6) now that's more like it! 5 hits if it is complete darkness and using thermo...
AppliedCheese
Well, the drone doesn't see anything, but you get the chance to react...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3248576/

4x shots

Dam code 9P/4 I

3 hits, no neg,
1 hit, -1 dodge
3 hits, -2 dodge
4 4 hits, -3 dodge
Seth
Sorry for a weeks silence. I am ill at the moment. ETA for getting better: weekend.
Aria
Hold on a sec... they are ignoring sparky to shoot a semi visible person crouched in a doorway? Remind me to state that Silk's default movement mode is extreme caution (infiltrating) nyahnyah.gif

Can I use a fulll defence to dodge the first couple and then be back through the door with large amounts of hull between me and those nasty nasty bullets?
AppliedCheese
I'll run you through the OPFOR playbook later when the scenario is over, but suffice to say there's a good reason for this, and their specific targetting.

Re: full defense. Yes, you made perception, so you can go to full defense. Unfortunately its against 2 guys with shotguns firing flechette (already dam coded), so you'll have to get by all four shots, especially since you stopped and crouched in the fatal funnel. However, you can add +2 for cover
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Nov 3 2011, 08:20 AM) *
I'll run you through the OPFOR playbook later when the scenario is over, but suffice to say there's a good reason for this, and their specific targetting.

Re: full defense. Yes, you made perception, so you can go to full defense. Unfortunately its against 2 guys with shotguns firing flechette (already dam coded), so you'll have to get by all four shots, especially since you stopped and crouched in the fatal funnel. However, you can add +2 for cover

OUCH! I'm wearing really crap impact armour too nyahnyah.gif So much for relying on being practically invisible lol

I'm guessing the cover is +4 and -2 for the flechette spread? Hope I don't need to take another 2 off frown.gif

Ok, here goes: FD = Reaction 4 + Gymnastics 3 + TacNet 2 + Cover 2 = 11D

11d6.hits(5) → [6,4,5,6,5,2,2,4,1,5,5] = (6)
11d6.hits(5) → [2,6,2,5,6,3,4,4,6,1,5] = (5) (4)
11d6.hits(5) → [6,6,5,6,4,6,1,1,1,2,5] = (6) (5)
11d6.hits(5) → [3,3,5,2,6,2,5,6,5,3,4] = (5) (4)

Think I got that right... I'm on full defense for all shots aren't I? Silk's bobbing and weaving like a wild thing, the D love her today and she doesn't need to rely on her puny armour! I'll wait for confirmation before I IC this...
AppliedCheese
Well, I guess we can fudge it to full cover...
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Nov 3 2011, 04:29 PM) *
Well, I guess we can fudge it to full cover...

I think knocking an extra 2D off would result in only that very last shot hitting with +2 hits, net result of that is likely to be Silk getting pin cushioned but I'm happy to roll if you want - might be time to spend some edge!

Can you also provide some info on who shot at me? Even if Silk really didn't see much her helmet cam is recording and the drone should have picked out the muzzle flashes!?!
AppliedCheese
Yep, that was a really good perception roll earlier. Two men, standard camouflage, offset to the port side of the gantry, behind one of the air outtakes (the big gerbil tunnel looking half U s you see on ship decks), firing upwards at a slight angle. They have already started sprinting to cut the angle off at the T for the superstructure, but you can still see them moving.

If you'd kindly roll soak for that last shot...I'm pretty sure Silk will survive. I considered using group edge for the ambush, but that would just be mean.

Aria
Ok,

Bod 3 + Armour 2 + Flechettes 4 + Edge 4 = 13D [5,2,6,4,4,1,1,2,6,5,5,2,6] = (6) Exploding 6s [5,2,5] = (2)

Not bad but still not out of the woods - I make that a hefty splinter at 3 physical damage, not to be sniffed at but she's not as bad as I'd feared...the D are working in my favour today at least.

Cammo strikes me as odd, the crew aren't wearing it (are they?!?) so I suspect we have other players in the mix?!?
AppliedCheese
Mmm...the "camo" is more of a slate/haze grey that looks substantially like the slate/haze gray you saw on the security guard on the bridge. When I said standard I meant to differentiate it from Chamo, ruthenium, etc. Just colored cloth.
Aria
Phew! smile.gif
Aria
@IOAB:

Ok, initiative for this rnd (I'm assuming IP 1 has gone...and we are in IP2) 8D = 5 hits

= 13 (let's hope that's higher than the sec guys!!!)

Once again, assuming I don't get shot first Silk intends to fire two wide bursts at the shotgunners...

Both shots: Automatics 4 +Agility 6 +Spec +Smart +TacNet -1 Wnd -0 Visibility (partial light) -2 firing from cover -1 range (SMG 11-40m?!?) = 12D

Second shot: -2 second target -2 recoil = 8D

[6,3,3,5,5,3,3,3,4,5,1,1] = (4)
[4,2,1,1,3,1,4,6,6,2,2,4] = (2) (1)

So that's 4S +2Imp with -s to dodge...I think I got all the mods right?!?

Free action to dodge out of sight if required...
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 4 2011, 01:50 PM) *
Dysfunctional Family
[April 15th, 2072 22:17; Somewhere in Touristville]

Ok, I've set the scene for the beginnings of your investigation...I am making the following assumptions (feel free to correct me if you want):
  • You are stashing the kid at Jotamon's place, or somewhere similar
  • You will find a babysitter from one of your contacts (don't worry, they'll be safe ish)
  • You are waiting until after dark to go snooping - hence the 10pm time stamp!
  • This gives you time to tool up and do some pre site legwork...

Hope this is all ok?!?
AppliedCheese
Tracker

Siran: ??
Silk: Init 13, shooting shotgunners (i believe you forgot recoil on the first shot, but with 1s at the end it doesn't matter)
Robert: ??
Khalil: ??

Captain: Init 14, flat on the ground behind the turn of the stairs, barely peeking.
Shotgunners: Init 8, returning fire while breaking LOS. They will be out of view by the end of this IP (they break the 90 degree angle with the superstructure)
Raul: ??
The Authorities: ??

The actions (I still need to IC these IPs...)

Shotgunner #1 manages to dodge nothing, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3251807/
and soaks 5 of the 8 stun. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3251809/

Shotgunner #2 avoids the hail of fire. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3251810/

They return fire on the move

9P/4I

SG 1
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3251817/

6d6.hits(5) → [5,2,5,6,3,1] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [3,2,6,2,2,3] = (1) with -3 to dodge

SG 2
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3251820/

7d6.hits(5) → [2,3,5,1,4,2,5] = (2) -4 to dodge
7d6.hits(5) → [6,2,3,3,6,6,1] = (3) -5 to dodge

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012