Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
LostProxy
@Cheesy

Yup, I have a combat hacker/minor face ready to play. Just making a few last minute corrections.
Seth
Seen through illusion 4 successes.
JxJxA
Just a little behind the times on what is going on, but I wanted to pop up an IC post pre-shockwave. I'll pop another IC post post-shockwave ASAP. smile.gif This thread also helped me figure out what auto-injectors need, and I'll probably pick up some drugs for it to use if I survive. biggrin.gif
LostProxy
Here's my combat hacker. Critique is welcome.

@Cheese

Is the boats node easy to find or will I have to roll Electronic Warfare to find it?

[ Spoiler ]
JxJxA
@ Seth:

Demon's DV Tests are:
Body(4) + Armor(5) = 9d6 for 3 hits and 1 hit. Thankfully, the trauma dampener kicks off 1 box of stun per shockwave. That makes it a net of 6S, added to his 1S from before.

Demon's current status: 6P boxes and 7S boxes filled. His motherland is famous for pastries, but he certainly doesn't fight like one. He has 4P boxes and 3S boxes still open.

@ Healers:

Heal, plz ^_^;;; I made this character with the intention of getting back in the fight ASAP, so he has the quick healer PQ which adds +2 to all healing dice pools.
AppliedCheese
@ I'm on a boat

-Seth

Welcome aboard. Selkie figures out Robert looks like, as he put it, Count Orlok, and is hiding beneath an illusion. Your sun/healing/guardian mentor spirit is not thrilled at sharing the boat with a Nosferatu. From shipborn experience, you know that most merchantmen either have an on call mage, or at least have contracted spirit support.

-Proxy

Welcome aboard for Khalil. For your boat, you have identified (and are, indeed, subscribed to) Kunk's node.

For the Henry, there is one obvious commo node, and another one on deck running deck operations. You know from pre-run planning that there is a master C2 and sensor node in the bridge - which is hardwired. There are also several sub nodes relating to engineering etc. below decks and the like. Word of warning: Carl is of the old school. He is perfectly capable of bringing the ship in with manual controls, and will, if there's an indication that his control is hacked. It'll take more time, and the crew working it though.

Large merchantmen tend to run a Spider, though he is just as often the network maintenance guy as the counter-hacker. You suspect Carl under utilizes his.

The tug is also running at least one node.

Aria
QUOTE (LostProxy @ Sep 9 2011, 04:11 AM) *
Here's my combat hacker. Critique is welcome.

@Cheese

Is the boats node easy to find or will I have to roll Electronic Warfare to find it?

[ Spoiler ]

Combat hacker with no cyber combat? Silk hasn't really got any either although she's running a Rt5 agent and hopefully I can afford an attack prog - let's hope we don't get spotted smile.gif
Aria
Seth's and Lost Proxy's second characters linked in post 2

Quick note on karma/cash awards for multiple characters - they can be split as you like but the 1 karma/2500 nuyen have to be together. May sound obvious but you can't save the karma for the mages and the cash for the samurai (sorry, no egg sucking here...)
Seth
I hadn't noticed he was the Nosferatu: Ill change the mentor spirit: I don't want to create Angst in the group, and will become a little more callous and bloodthirsty. I have knowledge skill "pirating 4", so I suspect I have seen some and done some unpleasant things in my time.

Thing about the Nosferatu is that constantly people will see through the Physical Mask almost no matter what rating it is, so as a group we need a plan to deal with that (assuming we are a group that has worked together before). I recommend the spell alter memory.

My counterspelling is active on the rest of the crew, so you need to add 4 to their intuition rolls. (I am counterspelling to stop the bad guys detecting us / blasting us, not to make the Nosferatu's life difficulty: I would exclude him if I could).

I'll think a bit about which mentor spirit to change to.
AppliedCheese
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181579/

Looks like the boat crew still doesn't know Robert's secret, though there is something a little off-putting for all of them.

Notsoevildm
@ Seth:
Copperhead's damage resist rolls: 16d6.hits(5)=5, 16d6.hits(5)=2 - 5 boxes stun (-2 dice)

@ Demon:
Ember is almost certainly a better magical healer, but Copper can attempt a first aid roll when she gets a minute or two (about 11 dice with the her fancy medkit and your fast healing) unless someone else can do better in which case she will assist.
Seth
@SuicideKings
We have come to the end of a major chunk of the scenario. It hasn't ended as I anticipated, but I am very happy with the way things turned out.
  • Everybody can refresh their edge.
  • Everybody can have a bonus 2 karma for having the guts to attack a full on corporate assault squad, and being tough enough to beat them.

I'm going to fast forward time tomorrow by about 1 hour (so that you can if you want to go down into the Auxillary Control Centre and see the spasming, foaming and unconcious Molly, who cannot be awakened. Hansai will take her topside and arrange for treatment).

In the fast forward:
  • Molly has a panic room at the end of the tunnel with First Aid, drugs, cameras around the Junk Yard, and you can spend a while catching your breath.
  • Conditions are ideal for first aid / healing
  • There is an autodoc rating 4, which one person can get into for an hour, and this will give the equivalent of a days healing (only counts if applied in the golden hour). I suggest Demon gets in it.
  • There is a medikit rating 6, and 10 extra supplies
  • There are supplies, water, cleaning stuff.
  • There is a link to the matrix, running rating 6 programs. There is a fibre that takes the signal "somewhere else on the other side of the junk yard".

Healing rolls:
I think Ember is the better healer

So first aid rolls:
  • Work out who is best
  • Medikit 6
  • No modifier for environment

To recover stun, per hour.
[*]Body + Willpower, hits = stun returned

Demon can have a days healing, with his logic + medicine skill of 4 acting as a medicine roll

At the end of the hour you can decide what to do. I suggest you IC some comments about your options.
  • Go to the warehouse, in case Teague / Knight Errant haven't found it. This may hold recordings from Teague's offices
  • Talk to your contacts / data search
  • Data search on Teague, Novatech, Allanby, Concrete Spectre, Jet Black, Snipers known to work for Teague...
Aria
@Seth & Suicide Kings...not wanting to spanner the works but Copperhead and I both have spirits on hand that could capture the sniper for questioning if we want...things like engulf, confusion etc spring to mind. If you want us to waive that it's fine by me but I suspect there are those that would like a quiet word ork.gif

Then I suggest the warehouse - preferably leaving before KE turn up and without the world's media breathing down our necks?!? If possible that is? The escape tunnel from the panic room?!?

@On a Boat...trying to catch up, we have an infiltrator (Silk), Hacker, Mage and Samurai (Zaranthan is that how we are likely to see you? Those that haven't bothered trying to ignore the illusion anyway...)?

@Lost Proxy: Silk we need to talk very nicely to you about program sharing smile.gif

@As yet nameless group Seth et al. Are you waiting for me? I think I was waiting for your reaction to the drones but if not then we can plow on - the drones will ask Doza where you want to go...Presumably you'll then contact Mr J and they will give you a safehouse address on the edge of Downtown/Renton not too far away...

I can't remember if anyone has done first aid on the boy - I think I said he'd been shot?!?
Aria
@AppliedCheese: Silk is more or less updated now - I have about 5K to spend on some swimming gear, restraints and anything else someone thinks we might need on this op?!?

I've updated her link in post 2. Spent 36 karma on her which leaves me plenty to spend on Ember smile.gif
Seth
@Aria
You can try. (I'm not fudging her, or trying to keep a favourite NPC alive, I just don't think you can track her).

She is currently out of line of sight of you, and physical objects block assensing.
Assensing rolls are made at -6, her infiltration roll is 4 successes, so you need 4 successes to see her.
You can have three goes with each spirit if you want, until she is so far away that the search area is huge.

Can you make infiltration rolls for the spirits? Defaults to agility -1. If she sees them, she may sniper them.
Seth
@Aira
I forget to get in the van! Doza and I will post tonight. I think Jamie tried first aid on him (I threw her my kit while I stood guard in an early post)

@OnTheBoat
Working on my first post. Should be done tonight. (I had a first post ready, but I wasn't very callous...so I need to change it). I'll change the name too: Selkies are (mostly) good guys, and tree huggers
AppliedCheese
@ On A Boat

-Seth

She can still be Selkie. She doesn't even need to change her spirit. Just bear in mind that her mentor is not going to be thrilled with this...and mentor's have their ways of letting you know displeasure. That said, I'm sure after several runs and Piracy 4, your mentor spirit has gotten into something of an arrangement with the fact that you do hideously illegal things. That said, Nosferatu are pretty antithesis to your mentor. We'll rule it thusly: anything you do that is supporting the Nos, remove the mentor bonus and double the mentor penalties. And it'll be a bad day on a glitch.

-Silk

Good to hook. That more or less covers your team.

-All

Any of you can make the first move, request more information, etc. For all intents and purposes, Kunk will drive the boat to wherever you want him to go, and you can assume IC control of the approach.

@ Suicide Kings

Invisible castle seems slow..guess I'll wait to see how much Dealer recovers, and how much he needs medikiting away. 8S is, to quote Seth from earlier "really really ropy."

KILL THE SNIPER! By all that is sacred, Dealer wants her dead. As a player, I would love to know how the air spirit from Copperhead did in beating on her. Captured is nice too, but if she's a possession mage-sniper, she's too dangerous to let live. We'd be in the middle of interrogation and she'd be flying 100mph all of a sudden. And I don't think any of us have mage-restraints on hand.

I'll IC the rest.
galenbd
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 9 2011, 07:31 AM) *
@As yet nameless group Seth et al. Are you waiting for me? I think I was waiting for your reaction to the drones but if not then we can plow on - the drones will ask Doza where you want to go...Presumably you'll then contact Mr J and they will give you a safehouse address on the edge of Downtown/Renton not too far away...

I can't remember if anyone has done first aid on the boy - I think I said he'd been shot?!?

Jamie did first aid on the kid before the aborted drive. Jamie is currently being carried by Doza and complaining about it. I have been waiting for Doza to post.

Seth
@AppliedCheese
OK thanks. Curses...I have just posted before reading your comments.

I think the Dark Goddess will be more in keeping with Siran. (Also known as "Siran the Impaler" because of the example she made to those fools that stole her equipment).

@OnTheBoat
I am concealing the boat (-5 to perception checks to see us)
I am counterspelling us all (+4 vs magic)

Traditionally we would send a hacker to do the electronics, a mage to astrally scout, then physically infiltrate.
I am a mystic adept, but Zarathan you could astrally scout. Don't worry we'll keep your body safe!

I suggest after the hacker / mage do their thing, we go to the ladder that is as far away from a light source as possible. We can then stealth aboard.

What can we see: I am not a perceptive type, so just tell me obvious stuff. I'll leave the high perception stuff to others.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 9 2011, 03:26 PM) *
@ Suicide Kings

KILL THE SNIPER! By all that is sacred, Dealer wants her dead. As a player, I would love to know how the air spirit from Copperhead did in beating on her.
Unfortunately, Copperhead's air spirit is a mere joe average F3 and doesn't have much in the way of combat powers (Invisible Castle doesn't seem to like Copperhead summoning beast spirits - I think Snake is fudging the rolls). So against a mage/sniper with possession I think it would most likely get geeked.

Recovering stun: Bod 6 + Will 5 = 11d6.hits(5)=1 - lol! Glad I didn't roll like this earlier, reduces stun by 1 to 4 boxes.
sabs
So, If I wanted to join you fine gentlemen smile.gif what would I need to do. And oh, what kind of character would fit in nicely?
Seth
@SuicideKings
Just to say: the sniper probably isn't possessed. Dealer would have seen that. Instead it probably "just" has a summoned/bound spirit
Seth
@Sabs,
Hi
I can no longer enumerate the threads running.
SuicideKings is sadly closed, as there are enough players and it's about 1/2 way through the story
Aria is running a "wrong place wrong time". There are currently 4 players. Heavy on hacking/mundane/cyber, and now have some magic joining us in the the form of Isaac.
AppliedCheese is running a "kidnap the Captain of a boat scenario". It's a bit of a dark group: A Nosferatu. I'm playing a Dark Goddess worshipper...you get the idea.

Notsoevildm
@sabs

I was planning to kick off a new arc, but it seemed that most of the interested parties jumped into AppliedCheese's boat. If there are enough (2-3) other interested parties, I will throw up the initial post to get it started. I usually prefer my runners to at least believe that they are the good guys, but am willing to take on all sorts for this thead. Don't worry about a specific type, I can always NPC missing skillsets, just post a build.

@Interested parties

Same goes for you - let me know if you are interested and post a build
AppliedCheese
A summary of boat items:

PHYSICAL: Some crew and drones are working final port call lashings, cargo moving, etc. Nothing huge, most of its been done and mroe will be done once docked, but you don't want containers tipping over when you come to a halt or the tug starts yanking.

A perplexed maintenance team and some drones are trying to figure out why the bow tow lines won't go taut.

Judging from the tacnet feeds, the bridge is all hands on for the final entry to port.

There is the occasional crewman wandering the decks, having a smoke, etc.

No apparent organized security elements.

From Siran's experience on boats, you know a lot of the engine-men and the actual sailors are going to be fully occupied coming in. However, the auxiliary crew are probably getting ready to go ashore.

There is a honest-to-god cloth flag flying from the bridge with a giant beer mug on it. Apparently the Captain will be buying for his crew tonight, if they find the bar he is at.

The deck and containers are lit by overhanging lights and some light wells combined with a half moon, you can treat the deck as Partial Darkness, and any hidey spots you find as Near Darkness (treat as pitch black, + 1), unless specified otherwise.

No visible aerial drones.

Others?

MAGIC: Assuming you scouted on the way in; The KE are running some watchers in the actual territorial waters, but they seem to be ignoring you.

There is a sea spirit (water) unmanifested circling the Henry on the astral. It appears to be there of its own accord.

There were two watchers over the Henry, but they bugged out when the second boat broke free.

Others?

MATRIX:

As per Node summary.

Commo Node

Deck-Ops Node

C2 Node on the bridge-hardwired

Assorted others below decks.

The ship probably has a spider of decent quality.

Others?

Seth
@On the boat
Is this a "Kill everyone" and get the captain or a "Sneak up to the captain and escape with him having a gag, and wrapped in a carpet" scenario.

I propose we sneak a bit closer, and see where the nearest crewmember is. I'll try and arrange for him to walk to our boat, and we can knock him out. Rinse and repeat. If I fail to get the crewmember, it would be good if one of you others could disable and/or kill him (again quietly means we get less aggro afterwards).

I still think the astral scout will be of value, as will some hacking, so I'll wait for those

[ Spoiler ]
AppliedCheese
@ Seth-Sarin A crewman walking to your boat would involve him falling off the edge of a super freighter while trying to walk to a speed boat. Sarin may be raw sex in a cat suit, and the sailors may be..well...a while at sea...but I don't think they'll be THAT desperate.

The J wants the captain relatively unharmed. Other than that, how you do it is up to you. Bear in mind that the KE are not going to take a press release "freighter crew slaughtered in Puget sound! Millions in shipping damage! KE watched incompetently!" very well.

@ Seth-Suicide Kings

To recover.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181969/
1 hit

Ugh. Those blasts rocked Dealer hard. 7S left to heal. Gonna need a medikit after all it seems.

In the mean time, some rolls for the knowing of things pre-search:

Hansai Jones - What are his ties to organized crime, who does he work with, who does he factor for, whats his rep, enemies, friends, superiors, people who want him out of the way, and in the Yak case, who do I talk to to get permission to deal with him? Any under the table connections to Teague's former boss? As much detail as successes allow (ps, add two dice if they touch the Vory):

(Log 6 + Organized Crime 3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181981/, 3 hits, so a fairly intricate knowledge of this one.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181985/
Novatech - Likewise, 3 hits
Teague - Likewise, 5 hits. If he's touched the underworld, know all about it.

Finally, a similar underworld view of:
Sniper-ess 5
Emm386 3
The evicted CEO 3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3182027/
Seth
A crewman walking to your boat would involve him falling off the edge of a super freighter while trying to walk to a speed boat

Thanks I had misunderstood the scale of the thing.
Zaranthan
@I'm On A Boat
A good screencap from Nosferatu, for those of you who haven't seen it. Of course, Max Shreck was a fully healthy fellow whereas Robert's skin-and-bones. The mask is making his mouth and eyes a more human shape, and filling his cheeks to look less skeletal.

As for role estimates, Robert's packing a seriously tricked out Ares Alpha: chameleon coating, auto-adjusting underbarrel weight, and a snazzy shock pad on the stock. With only a smattering of sneaky & face-y skills to round him out, "Guy Who Shoots Things" is a pretty fair estimate of his abilities. I'm a little old school, I save the title "Street Samurai" for someone who holds themselves to a higher standard than your typical thug.

@ recent events
Welp, that disguise lasted about as long as I expected it to: all of fifteen seconds after crossing another competent mage's path. This was more or less my intention. The odds of concealing something like this from one's teammates are slim to none, but they usually have a vested interest in not shooting more people than they have to during a run, thus giving me a chance to prove that I'm not just a bloodthirsty monster. That's exactly one more chance than I'd receive from the nameless panic-prone masses, whom I might actually fool long enough to get out of sight.

I'm in favor of avoiding that maintenance crew and picking off the straggling crewmen as we stumble upon them. We've got the resources to ensure their unconscious survival, and even on a "super" freighter, there's just no way to sneak onto the bridge of a ship undetected. I'll do a write up for the astral scouting in a bit.
Seth
@Applied Cheese
I couldn't find a list of your contacts. I'll give you the public facing stuff, and you can phone your contacts for the rest.

It is worth pursuing this: I just feel that contacts are the main route for getting dirt on people, while data searching is the main way of getting publicly known stuff. Knowledge skills are about "how does it work?", "what's the structure?". Of course when the number drops to a few hundred (heads of crime families, that sort of thing) then knowledge skills are useful.

If you want to make an etiquette + contact rating roll, and tell me the name/type of contact, I'll come forth with a lot more!

Hansai:
[ Spoiler ]

Novatech
[ Spoiler ]

Teague
[ Spoiler ]

Sniperess
[ Spoiler ]

LostProxy
@Cheese: what is the master C2 node? Alright so we if want to look through any camera on the ship we would have to get to the bride? That should easy nyahnyah.gif So I changed a few things on my character. Wrote down some programs I forgot and dropped a point of body (doesn’t change anything cuz of the cyber arms) to put my edge at 5.

It’s obvious what the Comm node is for but what is Deck ops for? I want to know since they are the only two nodes I can get into remotely.

Going to make a post soon but for the record he is scanning to see what nodes are around him that he can access. As per the rules I automatically pick up any active/passive nodes but I have to get 4 hits to pick up any hidden ones around the boat we're about to invade.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3182303/

Should I tell you exactly what gear I'm bringing on the boat and what progs I have running?

@Aria: Ya, I didn’t put cybercombat on him because it’s easier for me to just Disarm their Analyze program (AR 13/ VR15) run stealth and then walk around them while they can do nothing. What programs did you want? I’m sure we can negotiate something nyahnyah.gif
JxJxA
@ Notsoevildm:

I'm still interested. I'll post a build for my adept (Stringer) as soon as I'm done with it. biggrin.gif
JxJxA
@ Seth:

Here are Demon's heal rolls

Healing Stun: While he's sleeping in the auto-doc
Body(4) + Willpower(3) + Quick Healer(2) = 9d6 for 2 hits. Still a little woozy. Maybe the auto-doc will do better...

Healing Phys: From the auto-doc
2xBody(4) + Auto-Doc(4) + Quick Healer(2) - Implants(2) = 10d6 for 0 hits. Wow. Can I use edge to make a reroll or did I misread the rules somewhere so I have to throw a new dice pool?
I am dumb and suffering from a sinus infection, so I misread what dice I'm throwing. Here's for try number two
Logic(3) + Medicine(4) + Quick Healing(2) - Essence Loss(2) = 7d6 for 2 hits. Yay!
AppliedCheese
Alright...

( Etiquette 1 + Vory Spec Eqtiquette 2 + Contact (Zhukov 3/3? this translates to 3 d6 or 6d6?) 1st roll is 6d6, 2nd is the extra 3d6 if loyalty plays in.

Zhukov is Dealer's Fixer. One of the new breed of Vory, eschewing some of the more traditionalist sentiments (as evidenced by the fact he didn't mind sending dealer to work with Hansai - comparative story, old school vory who joined the Russian army in WWII were killed by their mates when they got back, because they had "helped the authorities"). Very much tied to organized crime, and has been one of Dealer's primary sources of work ever since the Vory shipped him here form Savannah. RoI and all that.

In the order presented below:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3182633/
And if loyalty factors in:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3182637/

Hansai 3 + 1
Novatech 4 + 1
Teague 3 + 1
Sniper-ess (spirit, chamoe'd, tied to Teague, leaking blood recently, took part in an assault on the drone) 4 +1
Emm386 3 + 1
Evicted CEO 0 + 0. Not much info here....

A call to KE forensics buddy, with a hint he can find some extra shell casings out on the scrap heap and the roof that might let him make some real big finds.
Seth
@AppliedCheese
Loyalty is about whether they will help you or rat you out, doesn't add to the roll. Charisma/Etiquette/Loyalty is where it is at. You were very luck though!

One thing to realise is that Hansai isn't MrJ (although you can IC if you want). He is just a cop doing his job. The others are part of that job, and his job includes not arresting the wrong people. If anything Molly is MrJ, as she hired you through Zhukov. You don't need to change anything, I'm just making sure that you know that the relationship between him and you isn't the traditional MrJ/runners one.

Can you put the following IC in some way. You phone Zhokov, he will phone you back about an hour later, as he does his asking. He personally has never heard of any of them.

Hansai:
[ Spoiler ]

Novatech
[ Spoiler ]

EMM386
[ Spoiler ]

Teague:
[ Spoiler ]

Sniperess
[ Spoiler ]
Seth
@Aria: Ya, I didn’t put cybercombat on him because it’s easier for me to just Disarm their Analyze program (AR 13/ VR15) run stealth and then walk around them while they can do nothing. What programs did you want? I’m sure we can negotiate something

If I was GMing I'd be running it as: "Once they have seen you...they have seen you... " Stealth stops you being seen, but once they have spotted you it's not of any use unless you can get out of that node. Even if the GM plays it differently there are often more than 1 observer around, and disarming takes time. (and reloading is very quick: a complex action)

It's ok not taking the skill though as the defence against cybercombat doesn't use it, and there are always things you can try and do... My personal observation is "either be very good at cybercombat or don't bother", but not bothering means that you have to run away when found.
JxJxA
@ Notsoevildm:

So this is what I have so far for Stringer AKA Nuyen Ji. I'd appreciate it if people could take a look at him. I'm still relatively new to Shadowrun, and I'm used to building mages. Demon was my first fully built mundane d00d, and Stringer will be my first adept d00d. I don't know what is necessary, what is generally frowned upon, and what is considered munchkin-ish, so any feedback would be great! biggrin.gif

Basic One Sentence Concept: Born on the streets, Stringer decided he could make more paper as a Shadowrunner than thugging it out in back-alleys and snuffing punk-ass clowns.

[ Spoiler ]
AppliedCheese
@I'm on a boat

Khalil - The master node is a hardwired c2 node, located appropriately enough on the bridge. No wifi, just wires. It controls, to the bets of your knowledge, the majoirty of the major muscle movements on the ship, as well as the surveillance.

Other nodes mentioned are wireless, and typically run an area specific network. So deck ops for instance, won't control the cameras on the deck area or the "smart-drainage" system, but will run deck-net for the cargomen and drones.

The commo node is an exception, specifically set aside in the bridge to allow incoming and outgoing calls without exposing the master node.

Of note, everyone on the deck is broadcasting in the active. You do not want your node in "passive" if you say, fall overboard.
Seth
@JxJxA
Overall I think you could play the character, and it will work well. I had one "nahh..." moment (see Item Advice) but that depends on the GM.

Attributes
Your agility/reactions are a little low: attribute boost (0.25 pt) or some bio/cyber ware would make a big difference.

Bioware or not...
Many people (me included) will tell you that one point of ware makes a lot of difference, and gives you more. Remember that you add cyber and bio ware essence lost separately and take 0.5* the lowest.
As an example: Reakt is almost as good as 2 points of combat sense, and costs a lot less.
Second example: Muscle toner is cheap. If you got restricted gear muscle toners /4 it would cost 0.8 essence. You could then afford reactions enhancer 1.

Item advice:
I doubt very much if the knuckle gloves stack with the critical strike / killing hands / pentrating strike. Critical strike/killing hands are "unarmed" i.e. without weapon. The reason they exist IMO is to allow people without weapons to do ok. I'd pick one or the other. The reason that they use the unarmed combat skill is that mostly you punch people with them. Still if the GM is happy go with it, although your character is a lot less portable. By the way a "Power focus" adds to your magical stat for die rolls. You mean a "Weapon Focus".
You might want a fake SIN, or you just cannot travel to certain parts of town.

Power advice:
I don't rate penetrating strike at all. Compare it to another 3 points of critical strike (same cost). The penetrating strike on average die gives you +1 damage. The critical strike gives you +3. An even better option is the electrical hands for 0.5 points (less than the penetrating strike) that halves their armor. As well as that they have to make Body+will saves or be toast.

Skills
Good selection. Maybe a point of etiquette to avoid insulting the nice police man, but I suspect this character doesn't care about that.

Quality advice
Astral beacon will get you killed. Everytime you use an adept power you leave a trace, and you have no means of cleaning it up as you have no astral perception.
I like your martial art selection, except for setup. In every case (except fighting fire elementals) you would have been better hitting them, instead of setting them up. You are almost certain to make them go prone if you land a blow, and with the damage penalties you will get a similar effect. You don't want to hit a fire elemental anyway!

General combat question:
Guns are really really dangerous (look back at SuicideKings for an example). How are you going to close the distance to the gun wielder? Infiltration is one option (and you have OK agility). Another is leaping and bounding. A third one is being impossible to hit (Reactions 9/Combat Sense 6/ Reakt / Gymnastics adept boosted).

JxJxA
@ Seth: Very cool, this is why I asked for advice. Thanks! biggrin.gif

By the way, what is the value of the drain on attribute boost? I was thinking about picking it up, but I was thinking if I had to roll Will+Body on an attribute value of 9, I'd be SOL in combat. x_x
AppliedCheese
Post gunfight it seems so slow...so, who wants to unstun dealer before he passes out?

@ I'm On a Boat

Any other info you need to get moving?
JxJxA
@ Applied Cheese:

Given the shit-talk you gave the mages, probably someone else, lol. nyahnyah.gif
AppliedCheese
Meh. Mages cheat at life. Maybe they could cheat for Dealer for once.

@Khalil,

It would appear that there are no hidden nodes. There's probably some low-power local nodes for various mini-nets in functional areas below the deck, but that's more a matter of low transmission and lots of steel and other stuff being in the way, not clever nodery.

However, your scanning reveals a fairly copious amount of information, comparable to a tac-net, being transmitted between links, drones, and the dec-ops node.
Xarin
By george, I think I'm Fianlly about caught up. Been trying to squeeze in forum-reading every chance I got and I think I'm about there.

@Suicide Kings
Pixel'll be moving out with her van and recovered drones (yay for mechanical crane arm in the van to pick up mangled Lucky Eddie!) and hit the streets before KE arrives. Her flyspy Pepe will be sticking to you like glue though. And she'll be sending scolding (but very worried / relieved) messages to Hansai about how he shouldn't be scaring her like that right now and is he really sure he'll be ok for now? And how's Molly, etc etc...

Still catching up on the last bits of IC though.

Probably spend some of the hour down-time remoting Jeves with the toolkits to patch up Alpha and Eddie as much as possible.
JxJxA
@ Xarin: Demon is still hoping that you're a woman. He'd hate to find out the first bullet he took was for a man. What that would do to his reputation is...too terrible to even think about. nyahnyah.gif
JxJxA
Okay, so here is the new version of Stringer thanks to Seth's help. biggrin.gif I'm still trying to figure out auto-injectors. Do they pump in drugs like Kamikaze, or am I missing the section that is used for them. ?_?

[ Spoiler ]
Alyena
@ Jamie & Jotamon

Sorry it's been a while, this last week has been mad!

Doza will basically just jump in the van and make sure everyone else is ok.
Seth
@JxJxA
Have to say the new you looks Mean, Moody and Magnificent.

@JxJxA/Suicide kings
The sensible "get better quick" rolls are:
1: Ember casts Healing on you
2: First aid
3: One days worth of healing.

The one day's healing roll are IIRC, 2 times your body with a bonus of any medicine rolls (in your case 2 die). You can roll again for that.

@Aria
Could you roll a healing spell for everyone?

@General/SuicideKings
You need to work out who's the best at FirstAid and roll it for everyone.

I've moved on to the next scene. The brief is up in the IC section.
AppliedCheese
Dealer first aid DP = 6 LOG + 1 Skill + 6 Medikit = 13

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3183724/ 4 hits.

Dealer is now at 3S...if anyone has a higher DP, I'll add the difference in a roll on the backside.

Others?

Is the warehouse on any known mob/yak/triad/vory turf? If so, whose?

*LOG 6 + Organized Crime / Seattle Area 3"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3183723/

5 hits.

Notsoevildm
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 11 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Dealer first aid DP = 6 LOG + 1 Skill + 6 Medikit = 13

Copperhead: Log 3 + skill 1 + kit 6 = 10
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012