Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 17 2012, 03:53 PM) *
That's cool. I may enter a character for each game if that's ok?

Bring it on smile.gif

@OGDWD: the route is fine, crazy, but fine smile.gif . The UK being a smaller place than say the States we have a different view on how far a long way is... But that may confuse your foes!
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 17 2012, 07:10 AM) *
Bring it on smile.gif

@OGDWD: the route is fine, crazy, but fine smile.gif . The UK being a smaller place than say the States we have a different view on how far a long way is... But that may confuse your foes!

yeah i regularly drive 200-300 miles a day myself so I see your point lol.
sabs
@Aria:
Balefire:
I'm examining the network here, and slow probing as we chit and chat.
I hope Applied Cheese shows up soon wink.gif I kinda like this game.
mister__joshua
Here's my character for the Emerging game

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Stats
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Looks good Mr J - I have a small dilema, I could include you in the Chicago/Seattle leg of E:PL but Applied Cheese & Trigger haven't been seen recently and Notsoevil is around but hasn't posted since before Christmas. The other leg is with JxJxA and OGDWD and is in the UK - I could include you there as the 'driver' taking them all to Scotland and then to Exmoor?

What do you think?

The European group will make its way back to Seattle eventually (unless they die horribly ork.gif)
Aria
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 17 2012, 05:46 PM) *
@Aria:
Balefire:
I'm examining the network here, and slow probing as we chit and chat.
I hope Applied Cheese shows up soon wink.gif I kinda like this game.

I'm enjoying it too but not sure I can cope with adding to my GM list as a long term thing (should Applied Cheese not wish to take up the reins) and keep freΣdom going too. Do you have a preference? I know Daedalus is loosly involved in the latter but it wouldn't be too much trouble to slot him into E:PL or even Balefire if you wanted to quietly drop freΣdom? All my games are linked (in my head at least) so similar themes etc will come up...

Security on the node is 'middle' so shouldn't keep you out for long. There's nothing unusual on the node (in fact it has been set up to look like there are people actively living here) and it has a link to the external surveillance which covers all the approaches.
sabs
I kinda of prefer Balefire.. but that might be because I really like dark shades. Fractal as part of a serious crew smile.gif just kind of makes me happy.

I am enjoying Freedom, though I admit I was pretty brain dead during the holiday season for 'investigation'

What do you prefer?
Aria
I'm with you on the mirror shades thing smile.gif Let's talk to Daedalus before I cut anything off...I may just try and wrap it up really quickly wink.gif
sabs
I'm looking forward to see how the Balefire guys react to still not getting to see Fractal's real face wink.gif
Notsoevildm
Checking back in. Will take me a little while to catch up on the IC thread, but last I posted we were on our way to Chicago.

Is that still the overall status for our group or has it moved on?
And are the other members of the team still playing?

I did have an interesting idea for a post but it kinda assumes that the run was also to rescue a kid and that we had more or less completed it. I can always save it for later!!
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 18 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Looks good Mr J - I have a small dilema, I could include you in the Chicago/Seattle leg of E:PL but Applied Cheese & Trigger haven't been seen recently and Notsoevil is around but hasn't posted since before Christmas. The other leg is with JxJxA and OGDWD and is in the UK - I could include you there as the 'driver' taking them all to Scotland and then to Exmoor?

Well I don't really see the character as a driving sort, and I've always found Chicago to be interesting, so I'll go with that one. If the other players aren't active currently then I could always start independently and meet up with them later. Might give the story a bit of a boost.

I've edited my above post to have stats and bp costs and stuff in now, so ready to go smile.gif

Forgot knowledge skills. Will add later
mister__joshua
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jan 17 2012, 01:55 PM) *
@Joshua: Aria basically has the crux of Fortune's; its exploring those people who really are close to down and out or on the way down and how they get into the shadows. Basically most of these characters haven't yet had their "big event" yet to make them into the shadowrunners we know and love. Quite a few have had very bad experiences along the way and that happens to be the push that sends them over the cliff but its being emphasized that barring extreme circumnstances its still (meta)human nature to try and pull yourself back up.

How would you feel about a ghoul character?
DaedalusK71
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 18 2012, 08:45 AM) *
I'm with you on the mirror shades thing smile.gif Let's talk to Daedalus before I cut anything off...I may just try and wrap it up really quickly wink.gif

I haven't really gotten into it yet so I am good either way Aria.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 18 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Checking back in. Will take me a little while to catch up on the IC thread, but last I posted we were on our way to Chicago.

Is that still the overall status for our group or has it moved on?
And are the other members of the team still playing?

I did have an interesting idea for a post but it kinda assumes that the run was also to rescue a kid and that we had more or less completed it. I can always save it for later!!

Trigger and Applied Cheese seem to be AWOL at the moment so not much has moved on yet...looks like Mr J is going to join you too so there are two active players once you've had a chance to catch up. I'll try and sort out how to bring Joe in tomorrow!
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 18 2012, 05:34 PM) *
I'll try and sort out how to bring Joe in tomorrow!

He goes by the name Jess, as in female, and as no-one knows his past either he will be she nyahnyah.gif
Trigger
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 18 2012, 12:34 PM) *
Trigger and Applied Cheese seem to be AWOL at the moment so not much has moved on yet...looks like Mr J is going to join you too so there are two active players once you've had a chance to catch up. I'll try and sort out how to bring Joe in tomorrow!

Sorry for the major delay in my posting. I have been dealing with some medical issues recently, and it has kept me from having the amount of time to get longer posts together. I got something up today though, and I will get all the numbers for my new gear, as well as the total nuyen costs (including the fees of expedience and bribes) up soon.
JxJxA
Sorry to hear that, Trigger. I hope you're doing better now. frown.gif
Trigger
Gear Purchased:
From Sports Stop™
-4 Bottles of Water Purification Tablets : 20
-Camping Backpack : 250
-'Horizon Frontier Line' Lined Coat : 700
--Rating 5 Chemical Protection : 1250
--Rating 4 Fire Resistance : 400
-Survival Kit : 100
-Climbing Gear : 200
-4 Rating 6 Stimulant Patches : 600
-Trauma Patch : 500
-Tent : 75

+ 10% Expedience increase
=
4505 nuyen.gif

From Renraku One-Stop Electronic Shop™
-Sensor RFID Geiger Counter : 550 nuyen.gif

From Black Market Talismonger:
-Wyrd Mantis Essence, 2 Doses : 1200
+10% Expedience
+80 nuyen.gif bribe
=
1400 nuyen.gif

Contact connection stipend to Brer Fox: 150 nuyen.gif

Total spent: 6605 nuyen.gif
Aria
Welcome back Trigger! Hope you're better now.

To clarify E:PL Chicago, we have Ælias heading there now and Erebos and Joe/Jess are set to join up with Copperhead (and possibly Dealer) at Fawkes Bazzare which is a semi permenant installation on the strip. As you will note from Trigger's shopping list, you aren't out for a stroll in the barrens and every piece of kit might be important. I might even be book keepy enough to insist you let me know before hand how much ammo and how many days of food and water you have before you step into the CZ proper!

Note to Erebos: Chicago is not a good place to be seen with extra arms (getting mistaken for a bug) but I thought it might represent the perfect place for you to get out of town for a while. I will park the freΣdom thread for the moment and we can discuss how we deal with getting your friend out of Kecce's influence and your debt (as this thread is a little further on). Options are to keep your debt (leg breakers are now very much after you), pay it off with karma, or swap it for other negative qualities (like lost loved one! deep regret?!?)
Ears
@SoykafAddict:
I'm starting to feel like Jerry Aspensen from Boston Legal.
btw, seeing as credsticks cost 25 nuyen.gif each, assuming they weigh around 10 grams, that's 2.5k per kilo. Good excuse to have another slice of chocolate cake, though wink.gif
DaedalusK71
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 19 2012, 07:55 AM) *
Note to Erebos: Chicago is not a good place to be seen with extra arms (getting mistaken for a bug) but I thought it might represent the perfect place for you to get out of town for a while. I will park the freΣdom thread for the moment and we can discuss how we deal with getting your friend out of Kecce's influence and your debt (as this thread is a little further on). Options are to keep your debt (leg breakers are now very much after you), pay it off with karma, or swap it for other negative qualities (like lost loved one! deep regret?!?)

I thought the idea had alot of role-play and high-drama-ability smile.gif
I'll keep the debt and work it off with karma.

Where do we go from here?
Aria
QUOTE (DaedalusK71 @ Jan 24 2012, 12:33 AM) *
I thought the idea had alot of role-play and high-drama-ability smile.gif
I'll keep the debt and work it off with karma.

Where do we go from here?

I'm working on a post to bring you together with Copperhead and Aelias in Chicago at Fawkes Bizzare...if you want to write a 'travel to Chi town' post feel free and I'll work out the additional details when work eases up a bit nyahnyah.gif

Don't forget a shopping list, worth checking out Trigger's for some inspiration!
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
Is anyone waiting on me to do anything? Aria are you doing the intro post with our journey?
JxJxA
I was just waiting to see if we had the travel plan set. Out of character I'm not really familiar with that kind of stuff in Shadowrun, and in character this is Anselm's call. I think I'm done action-wise, although Gemeaux will drink that second glass of wine if Anselm declines...
Aria
@E:PL UK: I'll try and get a post up today to get you on the move...sorry for the delay, work sucks!
Notsoevildm
@Aria

Copperhead's shopping list:

Smart pack 500 yen
Ammo pouch x2 50 yen
Ration pouch x2 100 yen - holds 6-day supply
Smart canteen x2 - 10 yen - 2 litres
Medkit supplies x4 200 yen
Tent 75 yen
Sleeping bag 75
Rations x6 30 yen
Water purification tablets 5 yen

Sub-total: 1,045 yen

Couple of things I never quite got round to sorting out after the last run:
Gift from Stillwater - Sustaining focus 2 (Health) - 20,000 yen, 4 karma
New commlink and backup: Sony Emperor link with Iris Orb OS x2 3400 yen
Fake IDs R3 x2 - 6000 yen
Fake shotgun licence R3 - 300

Upgrading skills / attributes:
- Intimidation to 1 - 4 karma
- Longarms to 2 - 4 karma
- Charisma to 4 - 20 karma

Total: 30,945 yen, 32 karma

If you are okay with all this, then I'll update her character sheet and indicate which items she's taking with her.
Aria
Looks good to me. I assume you are carrying all that?!?

Can each of you provide (perhaps on your character sheet so we don't need to hunt posts) an indication of what you are taking with you? If it's starting to look a bit 'kitchen sink' I may ask you to clarify how you intend to lug it all!!! I know it might be dull to track how much ammo you use but it fits with the desperate nature of the place you are heading!

I'm moving the timeline on to the 7th of July to allow you to all meet up on the morning of the 8th. Hopefully that should then tally with everyone and give you time to shop or do other things!
mister__joshua
Is this where I'm going to be too? If so I'll have to have a look at what I'll need. From what I understand the mission is going to be recovering someone from inside the Chicago Z-zone. How long do we expect to be in there? I don't wanna take too much stuff if we're spending most of our time in the corridor cos it seems unnecessary.
Aria
You are going DEEEEP into the Z zone, just meeting up in the corridor before hand. How long it takes is anyone's guess but it's in the order of 5-10 miles from the edge of the zone to your target (inside a former bug nest!!!). You will almost certainly be walking (roads are crap and you don't want to draw attention to yourselves! Factor in any opposition (nah, surely not ork.gif), and then walking out again with your targets (2 scrawny teenagers!)

So...
mister__joshua
So it shouldn't take more than a day then, unless we get really bogged down. That would be my thinking IC anyway. I know it'll be dangerous and risky but we shouldn't have to sleep in there (which would probably be more risky).
sabs
Aria:
Matrix time.

Find Node:
Automatic if they're on the Matrix.
If not on Matrix, then I have to do a disguise, and make my way to the place, and scan the area, etc etc.

Assuming I find the Node:
computer(4)+Analyze(5)+CI(1)+Encephalon(2)+PuSHeD(1)+VR(2)=15d6: 5 3 6 5 5 1 4 2 5 5 5 2 4 1 5 (8) hits.
DaedalusK71
@Aria

What timestamp do I use?
Aria
QUOTE (DaedalusK71 @ Jan 27 2012, 06:30 AM) *
@Aria

What timestamp do I use?

QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 25 2012, 06:34 PM) *
@E:PL Chicago / Erebus
[July 7th, 2072, 10:32 PM; En-route to Chicago]

You’ve heard of flying under the radar but this is ridiculous. When you’d agreed to this job, in desperation admittedly, you hadn’t really considered how you were going to get to Chicago. Now you are crammed into a hold too small for a human with a re-breather strapped to your face and a thermal blanket to make up for the fact that there is zero life support in here and you suspect you were bloody high until a precipitous plummet hurtles you towards the ground…bloody riggers! A packing case shifts and digs into your ribs, only your arms keeping you in place stop you being bashed into paste. You silently vow never to fly Technicolour Wings again…

A message appears on your comm

<<Arrival at 23:00 as anticipated. We’ll be flying low for the rest of the trip and it might get a bit bumpy back there…>>

Anything after this one smile.gif I don't know if you missed this post but I'd already sorted you a route to Chi Town...if you want me to amend mine I'm quite happy to, or you could tweak yours? Either way works for consistency - we could even work an amalgam of the two? smile.gif
mister__joshua
I'm just preparing a post now. How am I travelling? Lorry, t-bird, boat, plane? Does it matter or can I choose? Just wondered.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 27 2012, 10:21 AM) *
I'm just preparing a post now. How am I travelling? Lorry, t-bird, boat, plane? Does it matter or can I choose? Just wondered.

Your choice smile.gif the action will start when you all arrive so a bit of handwavium went on to get you all together. Transport choices will be more important after you extract your targets from the bug nest ork.gif
Aria
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 25 2012, 05:39 PM) *
Aria:
Matrix time.

Find Node:
Automatic if they're on the Matrix.
If not on Matrix, then I have to do a disguise, and make my way to the place, and scan the area, etc etc.

Assuming I find the Node:
computer(4)+Analyze(5)+CI(1)+Encephalon(2)+PuSHeD(1)+VR(2)=15d6: 5 3 6 5 5 1 4 2 5 5 5 2 4 1 5 (cool.gif hits.

You find a domestic node which you hack in seconds - but it's not got any intel on it, more to show there's someone 'home'

Beyond that a physical recon from a vehicle will tell you that there are hard wired cameras (you can see them!) and that there is some sort of wifi inhibiting paint or similar on the building. If you let me know how you proceed from there then I will save your hacking role for the hidden node that I know is lurking inside smile.gif
DaedalusK71
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 27 2012, 04:15 AM) *
Anything after this one smile.gif I don't know if you missed this post but I'd already sorted you a route to Chi Town...if you want me to amend mine I'm quite happy to, or you could tweak yours? Either way works for consistency - we could even work an amalgam of the two? smile.gif

I missed it. Like you work has been crazy for me for the last week. I'll amend mine.
Notsoevildm
@E:PL
Aria, what can Copperhead find out about the Fawkes Bizarre before the meet. She doesn't have any contacts in Chicago beyond Dealer, who is currently AWOL. Her ganger contacts from Seattle are unlikely to know anything, although Slater might be able to dig something up online. I guess Argent might have some info, but she would only contact her if she couldnt find anything from her other contacts.

If possible she would also check out the location beforehand

And I may have a few other minor shopping expenses - appropriate outfit for the meet, sunglasses, duster - nothing weird. Okay just to add to sheet and deduct cred or would you prefer a list?

Aria
No trouble, add it to the list.

Any local you ask can point out the Bizarre (or any sort of basic online search)...it's a semi permenant emporium of Chi Town goodies (think survivalist gear and lots of guns - mostly low tech ones like the good old AK). It's likely to have 'private' meeting rooms for discussions of a shady nature.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 30 2012, 01:55 PM) *
No trouble, add it to the list.

Any local you ask can point out the Bizarre (or any sort of basic online search)...it's a semi permenant emporium of Chi Town goodies (think survivalist gear and lots of guns - mostly low tech ones like the good old AK). It's likely to have 'private' meeting rooms for discussions of a shady nature.

Excellent. Now Copperhead knows that the place where she nearly got robbed while out shopping was in fact the Bizarre!
sabs
@Aria:

That domestic node? Does it have house keeping drones? smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 30 2012, 04:13 PM) *
@Aria:

That domestic node? Does it have house keeping drones? smile.gif

Funnily enough when you hunt around inside the node it has very little connected to it. Some contacts (fakes or out of date details with a bit of cross checking), shopping orders etc but nothing connected to the CCTV you can see. They must be hardwired to a node inside - want to have a tinker? All by your lonesome... ork.gif
RdMarquis
If you're still accepting players, I'd love to get in on this. I just rebuilt my adept (and rewrote his backstory) for the umpteenth time and want to give him a test run.
sabs
@aria:

So the domestic node doesn't control coffee makers, refrigerators, the cleaning systems, the showers any of that? It's literally just a shell?
JxJxA
@ E:PL UK/Aria: I'm going to have Gemeaux take a quick looksie outside. Basically, he's got his form-fitting body armor and his goggles, but I'll throw up a complete list of what he's wearing/taking with him. Everything else will be in the suitcase. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 30 2012, 09:25 PM) *
If you're still accepting players, I'd love to get in on this. I just rebuilt my adept (and rewrote his backstory) for the umpteenth time and want to give him a test run.

Happy to have you on board! Post your build (don't forget the +Chax2 in contacts and 10 karma on top of 400BPs) and we'll slot you in. There are only two players on my E:PL / UK part of the thread so there's room there.

@Sabs: Yes it's a shell. It has connections to showers, coffee makers etc...but on digging they aren't really there, just matrix fragments. Any real node controlling those things must be inside (perhaps with a vanishing gateway to the external node?!?)

@JxJxA: Ok, you can go and take a look outside. I'll let you stick your head outside IC so that I don't decide for you how you do things ork.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 31 2012, 04:55 AM) *
Happy to have you on board! Post your build (don't forget the +Chax2 in contacts and 10 karma on top of 400BPs) and we'll slot you in. There are only two players on my E:PL / UK part of the thread so there's room there.

The UK, huh? Interesting. I actually have my character being born in Cornwall, then moving to the UCAS. Here he is.

Mordred
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts and enemies
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Thanks for this. If you'd like to join in the E:PL/UK thread I will have you hired by Argent to assist Gemeaux and Mr Hill in their escort duties (she is possibly slightly suspicious about Mr Hill's motives?!?). With a bit of handwavium you can have been waiting for them at the church (unless you can think of another way in?).

Give me a shout if you have any questions about the plot line here but there should be some summaries a few posts back of what is going on (will try and dig one out for you if I can) EDIT: here's a summary <<link>>

FURTHER EDIT: Are people waiting on me for anything? Work is swamping me at the moment so I may have missed things nyahnyah.gif (Note to self, re-read recent IC threads!)
SoyKaf Adict
OGDWD seems to have gone on hiatus, anybody know when he might be back?
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 1 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Thanks for this. If you'd like to join in the E:PL/UK thread I will have you hired by Argent to assist Gemeaux and Mr Hill in their escort duties (she is possibly slightly suspicious about Mr Hill's motives?!?). With a bit of handwavium you can have been waiting for them at the church (unless you can think of another way in?).

Give me a shout if you have any questions about the plot line here but there should be some summaries a few posts back of what is going on (will try and dig one out for you if I can) EDIT: here's a summary <<link>>

FURTHER EDIT: Are people waiting on me for anything? Work is swamping me at the moment so I may have missed things nyahnyah.gif (Note to self, re-read recent IC threads!)

Sorry, I think E:PL UK is waiting on me. I've gotten a cold (and teaching English to kids for about 10 hours a day doesn't do much to help), so I've been crashing when I come home at night. I should have a post up tonight, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012