Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 20 2013, 11:37 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/All
IC posts up.

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Safely in Argent's link. Aria, I'd like to move Gossamer along to at least a point where there is more information about the scream online. Also, just how much would ingame Aria want to get her hands on a possible emergent AI. I'm thinking 'a lot'. And can you refresh my memory about Argent's capabilities (I think that despite some tech, she is also a mage)? Aria to post.

Moving Gossamer along is fine…I’ll try and work that into her IC post. Hopefully you can just pick how long Slater is tinkering with her!

Ingame Aria would be very interested in a new AI, particularly this one given its apparent properties. She’d either want to know if it was a threat to their Project or potentially an asset!

Argent is a ‘witch’ but principally she is a fixer and so has fingers in many pies! She’s got links with the Stillwater transhumanists which gives her both magic and tech expertise at her fingertips but that’s just an aside, she has got plenty of resources as a Lvl 3 connection fixer (Seattle area with some links in France and the UK).
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 21 2013, 08:32 AM) *
@E:CoP,

JxJxA and Mister Juan, I've linked your character sheets to post 2. Feel free to post an intro post for your characters around August '72. If you want to be at the NeoNet party that's great, if not let me know what you are up to and I'll weave you in to the plot smile.gif

EDIT: Although I have posts for everyone else to write first so I'll get you going as soon as I can, promise!

Is there anything in particular we should know about the NeoNet party? Who's invited? What sort of party is it? Why is it happening?
Aria
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Feb 21 2013, 08:19 PM) *
Is there anything in particular we should know about the NeoNet party? Who's invited? What sort of party is it? Why is it happening?

The party is one of many that are part of the Grand Tour. It's in Oxford because it's a key academic and scientific hub and even the rich and famous pay attention to such things...half of them will have gone to uni here (with associated Old Boys networking going on no doubt)! There's a more eclectic mix than your normal Grand Tour do, more corp types than might be expected at one of those, but all insuferably pleased with themselves (at least on the surface)! smile.gif
Aria
@E:PL/UK

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs)

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

7.1 Mordred & Gemeaux fires again [using pre-genned rolls], Attacker 1 lays down suppressing fire with SnS, attacker 3 drops to same floor level as Gemeaux & Mordred. Gemeaux chucks grenade at attacker 1 (assuming you don’t risking life and limb against SnS and throw once burst has gone past…!)
7.2 Attacker 3 burst fire at Gemeaux (rolled surprise for you both! ork.gif) Attacker one drops his gun and launches himself down to your level like a burning comet!
7.3 Gemeaux fires at burning guy and he goes down. Mordred targets Attacker 3 but misses in the confusion. Attacker 3 wings Gemeaux [1 net hit = 5+1S/Im +2: Resist Bod+Im = 10D = 4 hits = 2 more stun & knockback!

8.1 Gemeaux & Mordred fire at attacker 3, attacker 3 fires flashbang at all of you!
8.2 Gemeaux shoots attacker 3 twice and he succumbs finally!!! Everything goes quiet briefly

QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 19 2013, 08:57 AM) *
@ Aria/E:PL/UK:

Depending on what happens with my role, you guys may be dragging Gemeaux off. I've taken 6S already

Soaking flashbang:
Body(4) + Impact(5) + Cover(4) - AP(3) - Area(2) = 8d6 for 2 hits. I checked my posts from the start of the fight, and I think I've only spent the one point of Edge in rerolling my failed thrillseeker roll, so I'm spending 1 point of Edge to reroll misses for 2 more hits. Suffice to say, I feel like crap, but at least I'm still up and running. x_x

What kind of action is it to un-jam a gun? I don't know, but I'll (hopefully) need to next IP.

La Reponse: Modded Savalette Guardian (smartgun built in) DV: 6P AP: -2 RC: 1

Free action: Switch Le Repartie to offhand
Simple action: Quickdraw La Reponse and shoot Attacker #3
Quick Draw: Need 3 hits
React(8 ) + Fire(4) - Wound(2) = 10d6 for 4 hits. Boom.
Shoot Attacker #3
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smart(2) + Synch(1) - Cover(2) - Vis(2) - Wound(2) = 10d6 for 4 hits.
Simple action: Shoot Attacker #3 again
Agi(9) + Pistols(4) + Smart(2) + Synch(1) - Recoil (1-1=0) - Vis(2) - Wound(2) - Cover(2)= 10d6 for 5 hits.

11 bullets left in clip
Probably a simple action to unjam the gun, it was a glitch not a critical glitch smile.gif
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 19 2013, 06:45 AM) *
I've searched all my posts since I registered at Dumpshock and found no references to rerolls (from Mordred) or Edge. If it's okay, I'm going to assume I had one left, and use it to reroll the dice that didn't get hits. If not, I'll thank my teammates to drag me to safety. ^_^;

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932805/
3 hits.

Mordred is down to three Stun boxes, but that's better than being completely out.
Quite happy with the re-roll. In fact just for consistency I will say that everyone’s edge refreshed at the beginning of this firefight so you are only down 1! Time to get that stim patch on before they grenade you again ork.gif
Stimulant Patch: This patch allows a user to ignore the injury modifiers of Stun
damage; treat it as High Pain Tolerance (p. 91) equal to patch’s rating. This effect lasts for
rating x 10 minutes—after that period of time, she receives one additional point of Stun
damage. While a stimulant patch is in effect, the character is unable to rest. Stimulant Patch (Rating 1–6) Avail: Rating x 2 Cost: Rating x 25¥

QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 18 2013, 01:21 PM) *
@Aria

Oh, okay! smile.gif So, does this mean that the boat CAN arrive to shore? It sounds like there may not be any boat entrances, but if the entrance is somewhere else, the boat could possibly be driven on over to this particular shore and do some picking up of people? ...Right? XD

Otherwise, let me know so I re-write my post accordingly. XS

I'll put you out of your misery...the boat is in fact a mini-sub (you can work that out from the AR map eventually). It won't be able to get you out of the resevoir (see the google map!) but it can take you to the shoreline out of sight of your attackers...
Aria
@NSEDM

Can you give me some idea (without spoiling your plot line!) when the virtual scream tails off a bit? I'm wondering when Prospero will consider it safe enough to bring the Freedom grid back online...?!?
Aria
@E:Tribes

Tweak Ini 16 (3IPs) Sprogget: Ini 11 (1IPs)/13 (3IPs) Scrapheap: Ini 12 (1IPs) Spring Ini 9 (1IPs) LeFey: Ini 8 (1IPs)

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:

Pre combat: Sprogget goes past the Americar, Tweak crashes into it and Spring drives after, incoming fire from side building

1.1 Attacker 1 and 3 fire at the van, 2 goes towards the girl in the car, Sprogget swings the mono around, Spring closes on the van…
1.2 Sprogget scans the area
1.3 Sprogget scans the area

Just an aside, the way Machine Ghost/Sprogget has posted his rolls is the most useful for me as I do a lot of my IC prep ‘offline’ …just saying, making my life easier will put me in better less destructive frame of mind ork.gif
Dakka Fiend
@E:Tribes, Aria

If the IC isn't clear on this, Tweak is trying to put the Van between Spring and the attacker on the left (west).

Guess I'll postpone the mandatory save-against-crashing test until third IP. wink.gif

So folks, are we going to make a run for it (meh) or stop and counterattack (yeah)?

Edit: cardinal direction
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes

Encounter with Spined Drakes gang

If any of that surveillance net (or the Spined Drakes commlinks) is not hidden, the equipment in range will be automatically listed by the scan program as an available node to connect to.  Even if it is secured, it will be there to knock on the door.  If the sensors are slaved, the access just redirects to the master node, but that would still show in the scan list.  Same if clustered, just only one scan entry for the cluster.  Unless all in hidden mode.

I have assumed from IC, that the east side shooter (#1?) is also out on the street, and a reasonable target for the monocylcle.  If not, I'll edit, and switch to the shooter on the west side, since IC says he was running out from the west side.  The route for that would be east of both van and scooter, then across behind them.  If I understand the positions and motions right anyway.

Buying the 2 hits for Vehicle Test to bump the acceleration from 12/22 to 22/32.  Assuming the turn left a little speed, that should put any of the shooters in range to be run over at something over 30 meters per turn, using the walking rate acceleration of 22, since did not need to keep that to 22 for the turn.  IE turned faster than being used for the attack, so should be close enough and fast enough (probably about 3rd IP).
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 22 2013, 02:41 PM) *
@NSEDM

Can you give me some idea (without spoiling your plot line!) when the virtual scream tails off a bit? I'm wondering when Prospero will consider it safe enough to bring the Freedom grid back online...?!?
Echoes of the scream fade around midnight 1 September but first firewall patches become available early evening so Prospero would be confident to bring grid up anytime that fits your evil plans.

@virtualscream /all I am at a conference all week so posting will be light. I will try to move on Cat so she can join Dubstep and Dante at least.
JxJxA
@ Aria & E:PL/UK: Ok, buying 4 Rating 6 Stim patches for 600 Nuyen and updating my char sheet on the purchase. For actions, I'll holster my handgun with a simple, and draw a stim patch with my other simple. I don't know if I can apply it with a free or if I have to wait until the next IP. I'll also be high-tailing it towards the getaway point. nyahnyah.gif

Edit: Cripes, I haven't updated my online char sheet in a while. x_x I have a hard copy that I use, so I'll make the changes soon.

@ Aria & CoP: I'm still writing up Tris' stuff. I should have the background finished and get a post written at the NeoNET party soon. smile.gif
RdMarquis
I'll get a few stim patches as well.

Also, is there any way (or time) for Mordred to reengage the maglock?
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 24 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I'll get a few stim patches as well.

Also, is there any way (or time) for Mordred to reengage the maglock?

Ok, there still seems to be some confusion (the problem with pbp I guess) so I've updated the 2072 Google map to hopefully make things a bit clearer (or so that you see the same thing that I do in my head <scary!>)

MAP LINK

You came in one side of the dam, the Collots have legged it out of the other and back into the open (under spirit cover)...this might be a bit risky but they aren't getting shot at yet and it's not too late to call them back!

Tsubaki is near the entrance to the Clearwater complex (this was where the maglocked door was) and Gemeaux and Mordred are legging it away from the pump station entrance towards one or other of the exits...your choice!

You can put the maglock back together if you want as I believe you opened its guts?!? It will probably take too long though...harder to fix than to break ork.gif
ChromeZephyr
Aria: Looking at Machine Ghost's rolls, the only difference I'm seeing between mine and MG's (beyond skill/attribute differences, natch) is # of rolls. Do you want me to add rolls to get up to 5 in each of the requested areas?

Speaking of which, Machine Ghost: Where did you get Ballistic 12 armor from? 'Cause damn I wants to get me somma that action. ork.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 25 2013, 05:08 AM) *
You can put the maglock back together if you want as I believe you opened its guts?!? It will probably take too long though...harder to fix than to break ork.gif

Oh, yeah, I took that thing apart. nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 25 2013, 06:19 PM) *
Aria: Looking at Machine Ghost's rolls, the only difference I'm seeing between mine and MG's (beyond skill/attribute differences, natch) is # of rolls. Do you want me to add rolls to get up to 5 in each of the requested areas?

Speaking of which, Machine Ghost: Where did you get Ballistic 12 armor from? 'Cause damn I wants to get me somma that action. ork.gif
I think what Aria meant about the rolls, was that I copy/pasted the actual dice results from invisible castle, each on a separate line, so that it is easy to manually remove the last few dice if there is a negative modifier to apply, and it it is easy to marked a line as used
by just adding strike through tags at the start and end of the line.

For the armor, start with form-fitting body armor AR48. That is treated like a second skin, and does not prevent adding regular armor over top. Watch the adjusted calculation for encumbrance. The current armor Sprogget is wearing is in one of the equipment carried spoilers, when he was 'kitting up' at his shop.
Form-Fitting Body Armor: Full Body Suit: ballistic 6 impact 2
Victory: Industrious Coverall: ballistic 5 impact 4
Bike Racing Helmet: ballistic 1 impact 2

5 (coverall) + 1 (helmet) + 6/2 (formfitting) = 9, which is less than body(6) * 2, so no encumbrance. SR4A161
4 (coverall) + 3 (helmet) + 2/2 (formfitting) = 8, which is less than body(6) * 2, so no encumbrance there either
I can increase impact on that a bit more, by adding more armor 'modifier' type equipment, like pieces of the 'Securetech PPP' line of armor AR49. On the next shopping list.

While checking the references for this post, I noticed that SR4A161 says the limit for no encumbrance is body * 2. My notes (and spreadsheet) have it as body * 1.5. Don't know if that was from an errata someplace, or it was a house rule that made it into my 'running' procedures.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 26 2013, 05:11 AM) *
I think what Aria meant about the rolls, was that I copy/pasted the actual dice results from invisible castle, each on a separate line, so that it is easy to manually remove the last few dice if there is a negative modifier to apply, and it it is easy to marked a line as used
by just adding strike through tags at the start and end of the line. Yep, that's what I meant! Chrome, would be good to add some rolls please.

For the armor, start with form-fitting body armor AR48. That is treated like a second skin, and does not prevent adding regular armor over top. Watch the adjusted calculation for encumbrance. The current armor Sprogget is wearing is in one of the equipment carried spoilers, when he was 'kitting up' at his shop.
Bike Racing Helmet: ballistic 1 impact 2 I've no objections (unlike some) to layering FFBA with other armour...just remember that if a weapon doesn't exceed your armour damage goes to stun...that can wrack up the stun track really quickly, just look at the milspec armoured goons in E:PL/UK that are dropping like flies nyahnyah.gif

While checking the references for this post, I noticed that SR4A161 says the limit for no encumbrance is body * 2. My notes (and spreadsheet) have it as body * 1.5. Don't know if that was from an errata someplace, or it was a house rule that made it into my 'running' procedures. I've always seen it as *2 and *3 for milspec...

Aria
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Feb 22 2013, 10:23 PM) *
@E:Tribes, Aria

If the IC isn't clear on this, Tweak is trying to put the Van between Spring and the attacker on the left (west east!).

Guess I'll postpone the mandatory save-against-crashing test until third IP. wink.gif

So folks, are we going to make a run for it (meh) or stop and counterattack (yeah)?

Edit: cardinal direction
You are headed south so the attacker to the left (other side of the street) is to the east!!!??? That’s the original attacker shooting from the building. The ones to the west are in the open, one going to the Americar and the other also firing at the van/Spring.

The van went left towards the centre of the road but that can have given Spring some cover if he ducks around the front (now rhs) of the van…well, for a couple of minutes anyway ork.gif

The gangers are using “spray and pray” tactics rather than anything more targeted…

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 23 2013, 08:43 AM) *

Encounter with Spined Drakes gang

If any of that surveillance net (or the Spined Drakes commlinks) is not hidden, the equipment in range will be automatically listed by the scan program as an available node to connect to. Even if it is secured, it will be there to knock on the door. If the sensors are slaved, the access just redirects to the master node, but that would still show in the scan list. Same if clustered, just only one scan entry for the cluster. Unless all in hidden mode.

I have assumed from IC, that the east side shooter (#1?) is also out on the street, and a reasonable target for the monocylcle. If not, I'll edit, and switch to the shooter on the west side, since IC says he was running out from the west side. The route for that would be east of both van and scooter, then across behind them. If I understand the positions and motions right anyway.

Buying the 2 hits for Vehicle Test to bump the acceleration from 12/22 to 22/32. Assuming the turn left a little speed, that should put any of the shooters in range to be run over at something over 30 meters per turn, using the walking rate acceleration of 22, since did not need to keep that to 22 for the turn. IE turned faster than being used for the attack, so should be close enough and fast enough (probably about 3rd IP).
There will be a mix of slaved and hidden nodes, just enough of the former so you don’t look too hard for the latter. Either through luck or judgement the Spined Drakes don’t seem to have active commlinks…means they probably aren’t using smartlinks either but that’s a good thing right?

I could be wrong, I thought that attacker 1 was shooting from inside a doorway on the far side of the road…? For ease I’m happy to say he stepped out when the van crashed and is a viable target, he will be the least of your worries shortly biggrin.gif

Feel free to make some ramming rolls for hitting him…I guess he gets some sort of dodge roll (you’re on a big bike not a truck!)??? If you fancy copying any relevant text from the rulebook I might be able to shortcut this?!? I’ll wait for your OoC post and then write up any IC, although I might struggle tomorrow nyahnyah.gif
ChromeZephyr
@Aria: Okay, here are the previous rolls, reformatted with extra rolls added.

Initiative 8 = [4,6,6,3,6,1,6,4]: 4 hits. Initiative 12, 1 IP.

Perception
Intuition 4 + Perception 4 + Visual Enhancement 3:
[6,4,1,3,2,2,3,3,4,1,2]: 1 hit
[2,5,3,3,6,1,4,5,2,2,5]: 4 hits
[5,4,5,3,2,3,6,5,3,4,5]: 5 hits

[1,5,2,2,2,3,1,3,3,2,1]: 1 hit
[6,3,5,1,4,2,2,6,3,6,2]: 4 hits

Puyallup Gangs Knowledge check: Intuition 4 + Puyallup Gangs 4
[4,2,5,4,4,5,1,4]: 2 hits

Shooting Remington 990 (7 damage, -1AP before net hits)
Agility 4 + Shotguns 3:
[5,4,6,4,5,3,2]: 3 hits
[6,5,6,3,4,2,5]: 4 hits
[5,3,1,5,3,1,3]: 2 hits
[1,4,6,6,2,6,2]: 3 hits
[2,5,1,6,3,3,3]: 2 hits

Dodge against return fire
Reaction 4 + Good Cover 4:
[4,6,6,5,1,3,4,2]: 3 hits
[2,1,3,5,1,4,1,6]: 2 hits
[2,1,5,5,3,4,6,4]: 3 hits
[3,2,6,1,1,4,2,4]: 1 hit
[1,6,4,1,4,2,1,4]: 1 hit

Damage resistance
Body 5 + Armored Longcoat 6 + Toughness:
[5,2,1,2,4,2,5,2,5,2,3,2]: 3 hits
[5,2,3,3,3,6,6,4,2,1,5,2]: 4 hits
[6,4,4,4,3,5,2,6,3,2,2,4]: 3 hits
[4,3,2,6,3,2,6,2,4,4,2,4]: 2 hits
[3,5,1,2,1,6,4,3,5,4,5,5]: 5 hits
Machine Ghost

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 26 2013, 10:31 AM) *
You are headed south so the attacker to the left (other side of the street) is to the east!!!???  That’s the original attacker shooting from the building.  The ones to the west are in the open, one going to the Americar and the other also firing at the van/Spring. 

The van went left towards the centre of the road but that can have given Spring some cover if he ducks around the front (now rhs) of the van…well, for a couple of minutes anyway ork.gif

The gangers are using “spray and pray” tactics rather than anything more targeted…
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 26 2013, 10:31 AM) *
There will be a mix of slaved and hidden nodes, just enough of the former so you don’t look too hard for the latter.  Either through luck or judgement the Spined Drakes don’t seem to have active commlinks…means they probably aren’t using smartlinks either but that’s a good thing right?

I could be wrong, I thought that attacker 1 was shooting from inside a doorway on the far side of the road…?  For ease I’m happy to say he stepped out when the van crashed and is a viable target, he will be the least of your worries shortly biggrin.gif

Feel free to make some ramming rolls for hitting him…I guess he gets some sort of dodge roll (you’re on a big bike not a truck!)??? If you fancy copying any relevant text from the rulebook I might be able to shortcut this?!?  I’ll wait for your OoC post and then write up any IC, although I might struggle tomorrow nyahnyah.gif
Attacker 1 shooting from doorway.  All good, I edited the IC post to re-target the shooter that ran out from the west side. 

From your situation description, Sprogget's intended path is: Starting from the far East side of the street, headed North after the turn, keeping initially to the East side then cutting across behind the van (and Spring on the scooter), then back North again along the West side of the street.  Basically an 'S' curve ending pointed North at the shooter, but with room to continue North past the Americar and back the way we came.

Potentially important detail about that, is where the Americar ended up after being rammed. Also, given distances, if new information shows up in the first IP, that should leave time to abort, and do a full circle to end up headed South again (using the running rates). Sprogget is actively looking for more threats smile.gif

That path could then be initially out of sight of the shooter in the doorway.  The DR is almost against the wall, assuming there is only a sidewalk between the street and the buildings.  That 'and maybe a bit more' in the IC post doing that 180 turn could put the DR up on the sidewalk.  I had to be careful writing that post.  I did not know whether there was sidewalk/building/concrete barrier/concrete or grass meridian where the DR was passing the Americar, or what was across the street when making the turn.

As part of your post(s), could you provide Tweak some information about whether he/we can easily access the surveillance net data from here?  That information would be good to have before get too many IP forward.

QUOTE (Ramming SR4A169)
If a driver wants to ram something (or someone) with the vehicle, treat it as a melee attack.  The target must be within the vehicle’s Walking or Running Range (a –3 dice modifier applies if the driver has to resort to running).  The driver rolls Vehicle skill + Reaction +/– Handling
to attack.  The target rolls Dodge + Reaction if a pedestrian, or Vehicle skill + Reaction +/– Handling if driving another vehicle.

If the driver gets more hits, he hits the target.  Make the damage resistance test as normal.  The base Damage Value of the attack is determined by the ramming vehicle’s Body and speed, as noted on the Ramming Damage Table.  The ramming vehicle must resist only half that amount (round down). Characters resist ramming damage with half their Impact armor (round up).

If the ram succeeds, each driver must make an additional Vehicle Test to avoid crashing.  The threshold for the ramming driver is 2; the threshold for the rammed driver is 3.

CODE
     Ramming Damage Table
Vehicle Speed |
(meters/turn) | Damage Value
         1–20 | Body ÷ 2
        21–60 | Body
       61–200 | Body x 2
         201+ | Body x 3
That covers the reason for mentioning vehicle test and walking rate in the previous OoC post.

QUOTE (Vehicle Armor SR4A167)
Vehicle armor functions just like character armor, and is used for the vehicle’s damage resistance tests.  Vehicle armor is the same rating against both ballistic and impact attacks.

Since vehicle armor is often much higher than ordinary character armor, gamemasters should remember to use the trade-in rule for large dice pools (4 dice for 1 hit, see Buying Hits, p. 62).

If an attack’s modified DV does not exceed a vehicle’s modified Armor rating, then the attack automatically fails.
Combat Test; Combat Sequence (modified DV, modified armor) SR4A149

Guess it's time to spend a little karma for something already on the shopping list: Pilot Ground craft specialization: wheeled.  Sprogget got a lot of pratice on the run to Bellevue smile.gif  That boosts his vehicle test dice pool to 14, which is the same for crash test, accel bonus, maneuver test, and ramming.  That means he can buy 3 hits for the general accel and crash tests (probably should roll for the attack and defense tests).  With the minus one vehicle test threshold for VR SR4A168, he can buy hits up to threshold 4 (hard) SR4A168

The pre-genned rolls for vehicle {dodge} tests should get 4 extra dice.  2 for the specialization added, and 2 cause I seem to have missed the +2 for hot sim (SR4A245 Jumping In, TM always hot sim in VR SR4A239) in the dice pools.

Horizon Doble Revolution AR103: Body 6, Base walk/run accel 15/25 reduced to 12/22 due to the armor (12) modification (AR133 errata), increased to 27/37 with the vehicle test hits bought (very top SR4A168).  Use the running rate for the turn {decel, turn, accel} to stay in range, and keep some speed, then the walking rate for the ramming attack.

Ram: Pilot Ground Craft(wheeled) (1/3) + Rea(3) + Snuff(1) + Handling(3) + Tacnet(2) + HotSim(2) = 14d6 vs Dodge + Reaction
Assuming hit (over 20 m/turn), target to resist 6 + net hits stun
and DR to resist half that rounded down using body(6)+armor(12) {pre-genned}
If any damage makes it through to the DR, Sprogget needs to resist biofeedback (SR4A245/6) of half the actual damage (pre-genned)
Sprogget needs a vehicle test to avoid crashing after ramming, but only threshold 2, which gets reduced to 1 with full vr / jacked in control, which he can buy a hit for.

Yes the target gets a standard dodge roll.  Doesn't even matter whether the 'blunt instrument' being used is a bike or truck.  A truck is bigger but the bike is more maneuverable.  Somewhat cancels out.  What is different, is the amount of damage done, which is based on the body rating of the vehicle.  If it hits, the truck would do more damage.  With the monocycle, I might run right over him, and he gets up with a few bruises.

Ramming Rolls
[ Spoiler ]
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria)
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 25 2013, 10:11 PM) *
.. snip ..
Bike Racing Helmet: ballistic 1 impact 2 I've no objections (unlike some) to layering FFBA with other armour...just remember that if a weapon doesn't exceed your armour damage goes to stun...that can wrack up the stun track really quickly, just look at the milspec armoured goons in E:PL/UK that are dropping like flies nyahnyah.gif

While checking the references for this post, I noticed that SR4A161 says the limit for no encumbrance is body * 2. My notes (and spreadsheet) have it as body * 1.5. Don't know if that was from an errata someplace, or it was a house rule that made it into my 'running' procedures. I've always seen it as *2 and *3 for milspec...
True, if the damage makes it through.  That extra armour should mean that less gets through though.

If modified DV less than modified ballistic armour (potential) physical damage converts to stun
Actual stun/physical is the modified DV reduced by body+armor dice pool
so higher armor means any damage is more likely stun, but also means should be less damage

* 2 sounds right.  I do not know where that 1.5 came from in my notes.
Aria
@E:Tribes, sorry no IC today, will try for tomorrow, couple of questions:

Chrome, apologies but don't think I've seen anything from you about who/what you want to shoot at (if anyone?!?) I can make an assumption but that removes a bit of control from you...

Rd, are you happy for LeFey to try and shoot attacker 1 in the doorway as Sprogget whips you past? Tasers have a crappy range, you could wait for attacker 3 that he's trying to run over?!?

Dakka, do you think Tweak would have access to the spy net? First impressions were that he's young and unlikely to be trusted with his own access...that's not to say that you don't know how to get in via backdoors or borrowed pass words. I leave this one to your discretion / explenation...
ChromeZephyr
Oh, errrr, sorry. He'll be shooting the one that might have a shot on Spring, since the van should block the other side. I'm kinda lost as to how everything is set-up, there's been a lot of posts and I'm confused. Sorry.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 27 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Oh, errrr, sorry. He'll be shooting the one that might have a shot on Spring, since the van should block the other side. I'm kinda lost as to how everything is set-up, there's been a lot of posts and I'm confused. Sorry.

Ok, done a temp zoom in of the 2072 map...hopefully will clarify a couple of things...your closest targets (out the back of the van) are 2 and 3 (Sprogget is going for 3), you could get 1 out the front passenger door...the car and van aren't to scale by the way nyahnyah.gif

MAP LINK

EDIT: having followed the link I'm afraid you need to click on page 2 (at the bottom) and then hunt for the ambush...
ChromeZephyr
Much appreciated, Aria, now I've got a better idea. Out the back of the van, using it as cover to shoot #2. #1 is designated priority target 2.
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: Gonna make some rolls here before I make my post, maybe they help, maybe they're just for flavor.

Infomation about where I am: Intuition 4 + Seattle Area Knowlege 5 = 1 hit. Cripes, I'd have done better just buying the two hits.

Are any of the 3 in the video gangers that I would recognize the gang by colors, clothing, tattoos, insignias, etc.: Logic 3 + Seattle Street Gangs 3 = 2 hits.

From the van, I'm going to scope out the building for lookouts, obvious ambush points, etc. I have magnification in my glasses alongside the enhancement, so I should be able to see stuff from 100m away, but please correct me if I'm thinking incorrectly. Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Enhanced Perception 2+ Vision Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3 = 7 hits. Whoa, that's nuts.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 27 2013, 01:24 PM) *
Ok, done a temp zoom in of the 2072 map...hopefully will clarify a couple of things...your closest targets (out the back of the van) are 2 and 3 (Sprogget is going for 3), you could get 1 out the front passenger door...the car and van aren't to scale by the way nyahnyah.gif

MAP LINK

EDIT: having followed the link I'm afraid you need to click on page 2 (at the bottom) and then hunt for the ambush...

Created based on instructions as for creating the full read only map link, here is a
MAP LINK
that works directly zoomed in with icons showing. A bit of zoom out will show position relative to the mall. Oh, and that link is effectively a reference to a snapshot of the map, so an alternate will need to be recreated if icon positions get updated as we advance.

Creation summary: Click your link; click pyramid placemark on left sidebar; click 'view only single map' on popup; click 'ambush' place mark on left sidebar (scroll to the bottom); zoom in to pop up; close ambush popup; click 'link' icon; copy and paste url to link here. Preview to test link (right click) before posting.

Ah!, I had not realized that #3 was north of the Americar. I was expecting to need to dodge the heap after running #3 down. This is simpler.

RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 27 2013, 09:36 AM) *
@E:Tribes, sorry no IC today, will try for tomorrow, couple of questions:

Rd, are you happy for LeFey to try and shoot attacker 1 in the doorway as Sprogget whips you past? Tasers have a crappy range, you could wait for attacker 3 that he's trying to run over?!?

I'll switch to attacker 3, thanks. And if it seems like I'm holding things up, feel free to skip ahead. I'm almost literally up to my arms in work, here, so I'll be a little slow in posting.
Aria
@E:PL/UK: I think I'm waiting for posts from you all before I move things on?

@E:PL/Chi: whenever you're ready...it is that ghoul again, and he's brought buddies ork.gif

@E:Tribes, IC inbound

@E:CoP I need to reply to Mr Awesome, other PCs feel free to post or fire any more questions my way?
Aria
MAP LINK
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE ("map update")
...attack 5, attack 6, attack 7

wobble.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 27 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Creation summary: Click your link; click pyramid placemark on left sidebar; click 'view only single map' on popup; click 'ambush' place mark on left sidebar (scroll to the bottom); zoom in to pop up; close ambush popup; click 'link' icon; copy and paste url to link here. Preview to test link (right click) before posting.

I tried this, I really did, no luck though as you can see from the link above nyahnyah.gif I'm sure it's obvious but I must be missing a step?!? Maybe we need an overview map and separate maps per sub thread to avoid going onto a page 2 and confusing everything (well, confusing me anyway)?

@E:Tribes

Tweak Ini 16 (3IPs) Sprogget: Ini 11 (1IPs)/13 (3IPs) Scrapheap: Ini 12 (1IPs) Spring Ini 9 (1IPs) LeFey: Ini 8 (1IPs)

Combat order:

Pre combat: Sprogget goes past the Americar, Tweak crashes into it and Spring drives after, incoming fire from side building

1.1 Attacker 1 and 3 fire at the van, 2 goes towards the girl in the car, Sprogget swings the mono around, Spring closes on the van…Tweak’s drive action to swing around and protect Spring
1.2 Sprogget scans the area
1.3 Sprogget’s manoeuvring to begin attack run on attacker 3

2.1 Sprogget tries to run down attacker 3, LeFey fires at attacker 3 as they are inbound, Scrapheap shoots attacker 2, attacker 1 fires at the mono bike

EDIT: Something went wrong with my editting of the rolls, will have to try and sort out what for the next combat summary nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Dakka Fiend

Heh, was just about to re-post my rolls, formatted to include the individual dice:

Tweak
[ Spoiler ]

Spring
[ Spoiler ]
Dakka Fiend
As for actions:
I re-read the section (in the BBB, haven't got Unwired) on Vehicle tests again and now I'm a bit confused:
QUOTE ("SR4 @ 160")
Drivers must spend at least
one Complex Action each turn driving their vehicle, or the vehicle goes out of control at the end of the Combat Turn.
But does that count any vehicle test (e.g. Ramming) or does it have to be one action with the sole purpose of save-vs-crashing? Used to think it was the latter, not so sure now.

Anyway: If the Van is close enough, I'll have Tweak ram one of the crotch rockets.
If it's not, the ramming's happening on the 3rd IP and the 2nd is either the save (if required) or something more useful: Finding out whether the Freedomers' spy network is up. Even if you know what you're looking for, a hidden node (and they're bound to be that) is a EW + Scan (4) Test to find. I've decided that yup, Tweak has gleaned account information for it, though he has been warned he's gonna be in trouble if he gets caught using it.

As for Spring: Next round I'll definately spend a point of Edge to gain a second IP; having no actual actions sucks.
That is if he still has Edge to spend then; if any of the critical soak glitches come up, I'll spend to negate (still has 6/6).

Edit:
Tweak's roll to find the spy net (if applicable): Scan 5 + EW 3 + Hot-Sim 2 ->
[4,3,2,1,2,4,6,5,4,6] = (3), nope
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 28 2013, 06:30 AM) *

Better link

Machine Ghost

identified nodes
Make turning off Stealth the free action for 2.2, while doing the turn, and driving the complex action for turn 2. Then Thread Exploit the free action for 2.3, and hack the complex action for IP 2.3.  Probably not good to get actions into turn 3 yet, though I have various 'plans'.  Unless you abort things with other input before the timeline gets there of course.
Thread Exploit complex form Software(2)+Resonance(4)+Analytical Mind(2)+VR(1) (9d6.hits(5)=1) → [3,2,2,4,6,1,1,4,3] = (1)
Exploit(0) to Exploit(1)
Resist fading (2): Resonace(4)+INT(4); buy 2 hits
Hacking on the Fly SR4A235: Hacking(1)+Exploit(1)+Hot Sim(2) (Target's Firewall, Complex Action) (extended test)
Hacking on the Fly Hacking(1)+Exploit(1)+Hot Sim(2) (4d6.hits(5)=2) → [5,1,5,2] = (2)
each attempt, target gets Analyze+Firewall (hackers Stealth) to detect, which triggers an alert.  If the random target had firewall 2 or less, that actually logged Sprogget in, even if alert was triggered.

It is not clear from the IC if Scrapheap is in the van or not

combat status post
I was not expect to reach attacker 3 until later in the turn, given that speed and accel are in meter per turn, not meters per IP, but a bit of speed up works too.  The point here is that now (after the turn) Sprogget and the monocycle are North of the the van.  Running rate pushed to 37 by hits bought, but starting the 2nd U turn about the same time as the van started for the bikes.  A GMS Bulldog Step-Van has accel 5/10 SR4A351, which Tweak could increase by 5 * hits on vehicle test.  DR will be closing fast, but has more distance to cover.
With bikes headed our way, at unknown speed, order of events could get interesting.

QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Feb 28 2013, 07:40 AM) *
As for actions:
I re-read the section (in the BBB, haven't got Unwired) on Vehicle tests again and now I'm a bit confused:  But does that count any vehicle test (e.g. Ramming) or does it have to be one action with the sole purpose of save-vs-crashing? Used to think it was the latter, not so sure now.
..snip..

The reference I was using is the main Anniversary edition, not unwired.
My understanding is the one complex action is just driving.  Does not even need at test, just an action.  Other actions may require actual tests, like ramming.  The test to recover from ramming seems to be part of the ramming itself, just as drain is part of casting a spell.  The 'just driving' complex action could be replaced be / included in another action that requires a vehicle test.  Ramming, or a 'stunt' with a threshold requiring a test.  As long as you are doing driving type actions, there should be no problem.  Where this comes into play is the driver spending actions shooting out the window or (like Sprogget) doing matrix actions.  Need to keep one IP reserved for driving.  That said, Sprogget has been (carefully) fudging that a bit, treating the monocyle like a drone, and putting the dog brain in charge for a few turns while doing other things.  Works for standard street stuff, but not so well against active threats.

@Aria, other than shooter #1, looks like shifting from tactical to chase combat SR4A167, depending what is happening with Scrapheap.
Dakka Fiend
So I'm good with 2 * ramming + 1 other action. Yay!

Damn, didn't realize that Scrapheap left the van. Sure looks like it though.
...Murder blazed in his eyes as he booted open the back door and dropped to the pavement. ...
Guess it's Morgan, Tweak and Sprogget against the three bikes and Scrapheap and Spring against the others. Hell, I might even have to use some magicks. wink.gif
ChromeZephyr
Got here a second ahead of me, Dakka. wink.gif I also thought Aria meant that I'd have to get out of the back of the van to hit either of those two targets. Scrapheap's not the brightest lad and has a gut full of rage, so getting out to get a proppa waagh! is appropriate, too.
RdMarquis
Just a quick reminder. If anyone gets into cybercombat, Morgan's paladin sprite (Accolon) is under orders to assist.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Feb 28 2013, 01:44 PM) *
So I'm good with 2 * ramming + 1 other action. Yay!

Damn, didn't realize that Scrapheap left the van. Sure looks like it though. Guess it's Morgan, Tweak and Sprogget against the three bikes and Scrapheap and Spring against the others. Hell, I might even have to use some magicks. wink.gif

For 2 * ramming, they would have to be lined up nicely. Not much room / distance in 1IP. I was generally planing 1 ramming and 2 other actions, but that will be up to Aria, on how fast to make things happen. Rigged vehicles respond on matrix initiative, but they do not *move* faster, so 3 IP means 1 third movement rate per IP.

Spank those clanks smile.gif

And if Spring 'pulled up' at the same time Scrapheap jumped out, he will have an available action since the scooter is stopped. Of course his shield is leaving too. He'll just have to stand behind that angry ork, till the car coming around the corner makes that not such a good idea smile.gif

Spring can take free actions anytime while driving, and **could** take other actions too. Just that the following turn would then be out of control, and require a successful vehicle test to prevent crashing. SR4A168

Edit: Hows this for a visual? ... That big ork hanging on the back of Springs scooter wielding that shotgun rotfl.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 28 2013, 10:36 PM) *
Just a quick reminder. If anyone gets into cybercombat, Morgan's paladin sprite (Accolon) is under orders to assist.
Sure not **planning** on it. As a dronomancer, that is not exactly Sprogget's strong suit. Rating 1 skill plus whatever complex form he could thread, plus hot sim. The intent with that hack was to attract attention from Freedom security, not get in a fight with them spin.gif
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 1 2013, 06:49 AM) *
Edit: Hows this for a visual? ... That big ork hanging on the back of Springs scooter wielding that shotgun rotfl.gif

Now that is a fun idea. wink.gif

And about the 2 * ramming, I was erroneously counting the pre-combat ram (and forgetting the shielding action) so came up with IP1 ram (americar), IP2 do something, IP3 ram (crotch rocket).
Fairy
@Aria
Okay, so... *Scratches head.* I take it that the mini-sub is a bad idea because out looks like it won't get us far. (It won't take us out of the resevoir?) None of us appear to be able to operate a mini-sub, anyway. XD

@RdMarquis, JxJxA
WHATTYA WANNA DO? XD
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 1 2013, 11:59 AM) *
@Aria
Okay, so... *Scratches head.* I take it that the mini-sub is a bad idea because out looks like it won't get us far. (It won't take us out of the resevoir?) None of us appear to be able to operate a mini-sub, anyway. XD

@RdMarquis, JxJxA
WHATTYA WANNA DO? XD

Any mini sub worth its salt will be able to operate itself, you just need to 'point and click' ...the advantage is that it gets you to anywhere on the shore line without risking detection (well in theory anyway...)

You could ask yourselves what a sub is doing here...?!? May or may not be relevant.

Don't forget you have the option still to call for help if you want to? I know hardened runners like you don't like resorting to that but you've brought your package here so officially your job is done...just because the people you've brought him to aren't here any more, well, that's a technicality right?
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 28 2013, 08:53 PM) *
Got here a second ahead of me, Dakka. wink.gif I also thought Aria meant that I'd have to get out of the back of the van to hit either of those two targets. Scrapheap's not the brightest lad and has a gut full of rage, so getting out to get a proppa waagh! is appropriate, too.

I meant 'shoot out' rather than get out...but as you say, this works fine too biggrin.gif
JxJxA
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 1 2013, 09:59 PM) *
@Aria

@RdMarquis, JxJxA
WHATTYA WANNA DO? XD

Maybe the mini sub will take us to a secret underwater base a la James Bond stuff? Anywhere is better than where we are right now, seeing as I'm quickly running out of ammo. x_x

Argh, sorry for dragging my feet. I'll get a post up and also update my online sheet. x_x
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 1 2013, 03:59 AM) *
@Aria

@RdMarquis, JxJxA
WHATTYA WANNA DO? XD

Post, given enough time. But seriously, I say we should probably get into the mini-sub and away. It seems to be our best means of escape.

Mordred will at least call to update Argent on the situation.
RdMarquis
I'm going to proceed on the assumption that Tsubaki already told us about the mini-sub.

If I missed anything, just let me know.
RdMarquis
LeFey is firing at the flagged enemy, or the nearest target if he's not in range.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) = 8d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955091/

5 hits.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) -1 recoil = 7d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955099/

0 hits, but it's not a glitch.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 4 2013, 06:12 AM) *
I'm going to proceed on the assumption that Tsubaki already told us about the mini-sub.

If I missed anything, just let me know.

Ok, I've posted using the same logic...if I've got my timelines right you should be in Chi town in time to help out Copperhead...it's a bit of a GM handwavium kind of stretch but it will be one less thread for my over burdened brain to manage potentially smile.gif

That said you are free to tell Argent to take a running jump and I will of course respect your wishes and come up with something equally elaborate ork.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012