Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 9 2013, 09:36 AM) *
Ok, will try and answer some of these here and some IC…to put you out of your misery the jamming will end very shortly as the jabberwocky munitions run out of power – they are only meant to sow confusion and disrupt comms for a short time otherwise you would be screwing your own side too!

The old style comms are using microwave – my (admittedly limited knowledge) is that they are on a higher frequency/wavelength than is used by the current matrix protocols and so should escape the jamming (wouldn’t trying to jam microwave transmissions cook everyone in the neighbourhood?!?)
It's not really that bad. Need to inject noise, not raw power, otherwise the comms themselves would be cooking the users. The jammers do not need any more raw power than a comm of the same rating.

The Drakes are focused around the hole with loose overwatch patrols on all sides of the mall (otherwise they’d get flanked!). The APCs have AROs declaring them to be property of the Metroplex guard (old Eurowars surplus, probably Russian, presumably they are/were test opposition vehicles?!?)

In order to get Gemeaux to ‘meet you’ I’ve assumed you are moving closer to the mall (perhaps closer than you as players might like ork.gif)… I’ll ignore what happened to your captive Drake and let you all decide that one, it doesn’t really matter to the future action (yet!)…

Yes, you can get a drone inside the mall but that should hopefully be moot once you read the IC…
You got a bit ahead of me, so I put an IC post up for before that action. Another coming that will get us into position for that, since the retrieval of the drone had to occur outside of the jammed area, though the drone will be already sent off again by then. Oyl post coming too. This seemed like a good opportunity to push her into 'taking charge' some, in preparation for that leadership roll you mentioned. Without more details about how you see the tribe organization, and member abilities (especially magical), that will have to be quite limited and/or general. Oyl, Spindle, and Spring are all known to have some magical ability. How many others?

I have been looking at the SR5 rules, and SR4 to SR5 conversion. The character conversion does not look as bad as was implied. Have not got to gear/drones yet. Working both convert and rebuild paths to see how they go.
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

That should provide context to fit with what you setup to meet Gemeaux, and maybe provide a way to DO something.  Unless you want to interrupt things, the jamming going down will cause Sprogget to trigger the drones.  Banjo and UWBR should have no problem seeing the APC any more, and a matrix connection will let him trigger Leo's first attack without the clumsy visual signalling.  That initial attack is intended as a full burst, split into 4 short bursts on multiple targets AR26 sidebar, after a couple of take aim actions to boost accuracy.  If he can find a group close enough together to target that way, at about the range he wants.  A bit less than the 350m 'long' range limit.  If possible, want it to look like multiple attackers, each using short bursts.  Want LeO's position to be in medium range for threats in front of the Drakehunters.  His initial shot will be away from them, his next pre planned show would be past them the other way.  If everything could be in a straight line, it would look like:
Target 1 .. 350m .. Leo .. 150m .. Drakehunters .. 200m .. Target 2
It will not be a straight line, because LeO also needs to stay back from the perimeter a bit, so he does not have another patrol right under him when he does the long range shots.  If possible, keep a building between him and the nearest known Spined Drakes position.  He might have to go higher than preferred with the storm still going, to get the line of sight he needs
T1          ?          covered area          T2
        building      Drakehunters
          LEO
Banjo should be somewhere between the Drakehunters and target 2, forward enough to get inside of the 100m range AR60 SR4A222 to the APCs

Oh, and LeO is not going to be sitting still after taking the shots
JxJxA
Gripes, just saw that I have an exposition post up. Let's get dangerous...or shoot-y... (Probably shoot-y)

Any chance I can spend some cash and karma? biggrin.gif
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

The Oyl Post can turn into anything from a rude awakening and embarrassment for Cam and/or Spindle, up to immediate take over. As a minimum, everyone in the tribe should shortly know that that Spindle is not going to have everything his own way uncontested any more, at the policy level. Take it where you like, depending what timeline looks good, when and how fast you want things to happen.

Minimal karma has been spent on Oyl so far, and Mystic adept should (I think) be easier to convert (or recreate) for SR5.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 9 2013, 09:17 PM) *
You got a bit ahead of me, so I put an IC post up for before that action. Another coming that will get us into position for that, since the retrieval of the drone had to occur outside of the jammed area, though the drone will be already sent off again by then. Oyl post coming too. This seemed like a good opportunity to push her into 'taking charge' some, in preparation for that leadership roll you mentioned. Without more details about how you see the tribe organization, and member abilities (especially magical), that will have to be quite limited and/or general. Oyl, Spindle, and Spring are all known to have some magical ability. How many others?

I have been looking at the SR5 rules, and SR4 to SR5 conversion. The character conversion does not look as bad as was implied. Have not got to gear/drones yet. Working both convert and rebuild paths to see how they go.
The tribe is approx. 100 people and the average of magically active is about 1% so you are already above that nyahnyah.gif Spindle (shaman), Cam (adept) and Osha (mysad), and you’re the sole TM (until we get any new PCs who want to play one…). I’m happy to say there’s an additional mage to add to the mix so you have someone else who could have sent out that initial spirit patrol…
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 9 2013, 11:29 PM) *
@Aria,

That should provide context to fit with what you setup to meet Gemeaux, and maybe provide a way to DO something. Unless you want to interrupt things, the jamming going down will cause Sprogget to trigger the drones. Banjo and UWBR should have no problem seeing the APC anymore, and a matrix connection will let him trigger Leo's first attack without the clumsy visual signalling. That initial attack is intended as a full burst, split into 4 short bursts on multiple targets AR26 sidebar, after a couple of take aim actions to boost accuracy. If he can find a group close enough together to target that way, at about the range he wants. A bit less than the 350m 'long' range limit. If possible, want it to look like multiple attackers, each using short bursts. Want LeO's position to be in medium range for threats in front of the Drakehunters. His initial shot will be away from them, his next pre planned show would be past them the other way. If everything could be in a straight line, it would look like:
Target 1 .. 350m .. Leo .. 150m .. Drakehunters .. 200m .. Target 2
It will not be a straight line, because LeO also needs to stay back from the perimeter a bit, so he does not have another patrol right under him when he does the long range shots. If possible, keep a building between him and the nearest known Spined Drakes position. He might have to go higher than preferred with the storm still going, to get the line of sight he needs
T1 ? covered area T2
building Drakehunters
LEO
Banjo should be somewhere between the Drakehunters and target 2, forward enough to get inside of the 100m range AR60 SR4A222 to the APCs

Oh, and LeO is not going to be sitting still after taking the shots
Ok, think I followed all that. The Drakes are in groups of 2-3 so you should be able to target one with no trouble. Just a note…the weapon watcher software allows trajectory tracking…what are the chances that someone on the milspec team is running it?!? ork.gif

The APCs have turret mounted machine guns (better than canons I suppose)…they could quite easily turn LeO into scrap metal…I’m guessing that you are going for a helo style ‘pop-up attack’ and then disappearing back behind a building…just be careful about doing it more than a couple of times!

The UWB radar will see that there are 3 people in one APC and two in the other. There is clearly a driver/gunner in each, who the others are…weird ones perhaps??? One of them is lying down having a nap nyahnyah.gif

There are a couple of armed aerial drones in each APC too
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 10 2013, 01:14 AM) *
Gripes, just saw that I have an exposition post up. Let's get dangerous...or shoot-y... (Probably shoot-y)

Any chance I can spend some cash and karma? biggrin.gif
Yep, if you’ve got it spend it!

I’ll let you make contact with the Mechanicals before I post up another IC…

Just be aware (and this goes for all of you!) – this is a milspec team arriving in 2 APCs so up to 20(ish) soldiers. Tackling them should give you pause for thought… I know PCs tend to get delusions of invincibility sometimes (myself included!), I’m not going to pull punches on this one…just saying wink.gif
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 10 2013, 02:42 AM) *
@Aria,

The Oyl Post can turn into anything from a rude awakening and embarrassment for Cam and/or Spindle, up to immediate take over. As a minimum, everyone in the tribe should shortly know that that Spindle is not going to have everything his own way uncontested any more, at the policy level. Take it where you like, depending what timeline looks good, when and how fast you want things to happen.

Minimal karma has been spent on Oyl so far, and Mystic adept should (I think) be easier to convert (or recreate) for SR5.
I’ll pen her an IC response along with the rest of the Tribes…it won’t be an immediate coup but she will certainly be considered after this as a force to be reckoned with!
phlapjack77
@VirtualScream

*sigh* I guess I'm really giving up hope now and un-subscribing the thread. If the game starts back up, someone please give me a shout smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Sep 10 2013, 01:24 PM) *
@VirtualScream

*sigh* I guess I'm really giving up hope now and un-subscribing the thread. If the game starts back up, someone please give me a shout smile.gif

Have you tried messaging NSEDM? I haven't got round to it yet but might be worth a last ditch attempt? Even if we just get an ETA on a possible return to action?!?
mister__joshua
This isn't really relevant, but what is unsubscribing a thread?
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 10 2013, 09:21 PM) *
Yep, if you’ve got it spend it!

I’ll let you make contact with the Mechanicals before I post up another IC…

Just be aware (and this goes for all of you!) – this is a milspec team arriving in 2 APCs so up to 20(ish) soldiers. Tackling them should give you pause for thought… I know PCs tend to get delusions of invincibility sometimes (myself included!), I’m not going to pull punches on this one…just saying wink.gif

Cool! It has been a loooong time since I've improved him. Also, good to know about the level of attackers. I saw gangers and immediately read "sniper fodder". nyahnyah.gif

Also, if you feel like learning a simple system after SR5...Stars Without Number is a quick system to learn (no multi-page index needed biggrin.gif)

@ mister_joshua: Cool! We haven't been moving too quickly, so once a week would probably be ideal at this point.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 10 2013, 05:21 AM) *
..snip..
The APCs have turret mounted machine guns (better than canons I suppose)…they could quite easily turn LeO into scrap metal…I’m guessing that you are going for a helo style ‘pop-up attack’ and then disappearing back behind a building…just be careful about doing it more than a couple of times!

The UWB radar will see that there are 3 people in one APC and two in the other. There is clearly a driver/gunner in each, who the others are…weird ones perhaps??? One of them is lying down having a nap nyahnyah.gif

There are a couple of armed aerial drones in each APC too
..snip..
..snip..
Since LeO is not planning to shoot AT the APCs, he will be trying very hard to keep a building between them smile.gif
Re Weapon watcher; like I said, LeO is not going to be sitting still. Does make it harder to make them think it is multiple weapons though. Get a couple of bursts off, then high tail for a new location. Throw those hit and run tactics back at the Spined Drakes. Sow confusion, and panic. Try to stir things up. If that pulls the team out of the mall, that is perfect. Give whoever is left in there a chance to regroup and bug out. Those aerial drones are actually the biggest threat to LeO, though once the jamming goes down, tacnet can go back up, and the whole group can act as spotters, to try to get LeO a shot at them without exposing himself to the APCs. The milspec team does have one disadvantage currently. They need to come out of that hole in the wall. If that can be targeted from out of line of sight of the APCs, target rich environment smile.gif Till they get out, then it is time to be someplace else. Step at a time. Want to avoid any sort of direct confrontation with the milspec team, or those APCs. Though if Sprogget can sneak up to them (crawl under?) with the automotive toolkit and a little time, they might just have to sit in one place. Manned though, the sensors are probably too good to let that happen. Bunch of secondary, tertiary plans depending on what the UWBR found, and what the Drakes do when they get hit like that.

To try to NOT do introductions mid battle, I'll let Gemeaux say hello before starting anything. (just?) before the jammers go down, and Banjo gets the UWBR readings?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 10 2013, 06:03 AM) *
This isn't really relevant, but what is unsubscribing a thread?
Removing it from the list of "Current Subscriptions" on the "My Controls" page. That list shows information about all subscribed threads, including which ones have content you have not seen yet.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 10 2013, 06:57 PM) *
Removing it from the list of "Current Subscriptions" on the "My Controls" page. That list shows information about all subscribed threads, including which ones have content you have not seen yet.

Ah well there you go. I've never even visited the My Controls page biggrin.gif
ChromeZephyr
Planning isn't Scrap's forte, so I'm just having him look back and forth between Crow and Sprogget as they hash this out. No sense getting karma for being a listening post, just thought I'd let you guys know I'm still around. Work has been busier than anyone expected this time of year.
Aria
Waiting on JxJxA to say hello nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Sep 12 2013, 12:21 PM) *
Planning isn't Scrap's forte, so I'm just having him look back and forth between Crow and Sprogget as they hash this out. No sense getting karma for being a listening post, just thought I'd let you guys know I'm still around. Work has been busier than anyone expected this time of year.
You could always put up a post about watching for anything to move smile.gif Or about how *annoyed* you are with the intruders in your/our territory.
JxJxA
@ Aria: Sorry, sorry, sorry! x_x I'll get a post up and then start spending karma and credits.
Machine Ghost
@JxJxA

What tech is Gemeaux using to stay hidden? Chameleon suit? More? Unless there is more than I am aware of, Sprogget is going to be incensed to find that the sensors did not notice him before he got that close. Probably going to have to find a glitch, and reset something. The drones with the best sensors are away, but still ... You managed to come up 'behind' him, or (at least) the thermographic enhancement on the googles should have spotted him. At least as far as Sprogget is concerned :/
JxJxA
@ Machine Ghost:

I'm specialized at urban infiltration and wearing a chameleon suit (along with ruthenium coated equipment) with R4 thermal dampening, so...even the thermographic would probably be at a bit of a disadvantage...

I'm an assassin. Slipping into places I'm not supposed to be without being seen is part of the skillset. nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
Sorry for the long absence. If it's possible right now, I'd like to get back into the game. What happened after I left?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 13 2013, 10:52 PM) *
@ Machine Ghost:

I'm specialized at urban infiltration and wearing a chameleon suit (along with ruthenium coated equipment) with R4 thermal dampening, so...even the thermographic would probably be at a bit of a disadvantage...

I'm an assassin. Slipping into places I'm not supposed to be without being seen is part of the skillset. nyahnyah.gif
So less complaining (to self) about the sensors missing what they should have seen, and more complaining about needing better sensors.

FYI, the current team has one that would currently *look* technopunkish. Crow is another external add on, and Sprogget is currently dressed in a very standard Victory: Industrious Coverall. The Bike helmet might be decorated a little steampunkish. He was 'out of district' earlier, and was deliberately dressing pseudo corp worker. The monocycle though is explicitly steampunk pimped ride level 1. He was wishing earlier that he had more discrete transportation. Scrapheap is probably looking more typical Mechanicals. He was on that earlier jaunt, but was (mostly) staying in the back of a van, so may not have made much effort to get a corp approved look. Nobody has had a chance to get home and change since.

@Mach_Ten,
Current IC communications is not going to be through comms. This close we should be under the jamming blanket. Sprogget will be using the audio feed from the holo projector in the back pack again, although not pushing the volume like last time.

JxJxA
@ Machine Ghost: I was just going with my intro post when it came to descriptions. As for better sensors, I always include ultrasound. If you have that up, you'll see me. ^_^
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Sep 15 2013, 01:21 AM) *
Sorry for the long absence. If it's possible right now, I'd like to get back into the game. What happened after I left?
Summary: Mechanicals (drakehunters) team took out a pair of Spined Drakes bombers, then ambushed a group that appeared to be their backup support. Encountered a Dissonant TM rigging a drone. Drone destroyed, one ganger captured, surplus milspec communication gear captured. Interrogation got some information, at least partially confirmed by sending drone for recon past where explosion noticed by mall.

Military / Milspec group, with at least some magical support, and apparently working with Dissonant Technomancers currently attacking Fre∑dom mall. Started by blanketing the area with high power jammers, and blew hole in the wall. Mechanicals (drakehunters) team acquiring intel, and looking to cause enough of a distraction to get them to break off, to give defenders time to regroup / bug out. 4 watcher spirits sent into mall from side away from entry point, with instructions to show everyone found a map of the jammed area, breach point, and 2 APC's, plus verbal summary description message, including recommendation to pass along, and get out.

This is the last IC post I show from Lefey, and Aria's GM Response. That is only one page back, so should not need to much reading to get caught up. Matching OOC starts about here, which is going to take longer to digest.

[Aria's] plan is to move E:Tribes to SR5 and 2075 Thread, after character conversion or rebuild (time jump after tribes weakened). I have a local contact that was involved with SR5 play testing, and am told that TM are awkward to convert. At least if not using the 'main' stream. Still working through what the changes are myself. Does not seem to be any replacement for Paragons.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 15 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Summary: Mechanicals (drakehunters) team took out a pair of Spined Drakes bombers, then ambushed a group that appeared to be their backup support. Encountered a Dissonant TM rigging a drone. Drone destroyed, one ganger captured, surplus milspec communication gear captured. Interrogation got some information, at least partially confirmed by sending drone for recon past where explosion noticed by mall.

Military / Milspec group, with at least some magical support, and apparently working with Dissonant Technomancers currently attacking Fre∑dom mall. Started by blanketing the area with high power jammers, and blew hole in the wall. Mechanicals (drakehunters) team acquiring intel, and looking to cause enough of a distraction to get them to break off, to give defenders time to regroup / bug out. 4 watcher spirits sent into mall from side away from entry point, with instructions to show everyone found a map of the jammed area, breach point, and 2 APC's, plus verbal summary description message, including recommendation to pass along, and get out.

This is the last IC post I show from Lefey, and Aria's GM Response. That is only one page back, so should not need to much reading to get caught up. Matching OOC starts about here, which is going to take longer to digest.

[Aria's] plan is to move E:Tribes to SR5 and 2075 Thread, after character conversion or rebuild (time jump after tribes weakened). I have a local contact that was involved with SR5 play testing, and am told that TM are awkward to convert. At least if not using the 'main' stream. Still working through what the changes are myself. Does not seem to be any replacement for Paragons.

Thanks for the summary. As for converting characters, I think we can base Paragons off Mentor Spirits and change mental attributes to reflect different streams. Fading and Drain mechanics don't seemed to have changed too much. Not sure about complex forms, though.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Sep 17 2013, 02:13 AM) *
Thanks for the summary. As for converting characters, I think we can base Paragons off Mentor Spirits and change mental attributes to reflect different streams. Fading and Drain mechanics don't seemed to have changed too much. Not sure about complex forms, though.
Fading is currently always Resonance + Willpower, instead of using a stream specific attribute. Either no streams, or the only available stream uses Willpower. SR5 pdf p251. Fading from threading is Physical damage if more **hits** than Resonance attribute, instead of only if final rating is higher than resonance. Maximum number of learned complex forms limited to 2 times Resonance. Fading for CF is now like spells. It has a base fading value of the level (rating), with a modifier depending on which CF it is. P252 Resonance Library.

I have not gotten through all of the pieces yet, but right now it looks like Complex Forms get treated like spells. There are even some typos in the pdf that say "spell" when describing TM related things. Previously you could thread any complex form, or thread to boost the rating of a known complex form. Known complex forms were always available (for free) at the learned level. Now, it looks like you have to learn a complex form before you can thread it. Need to thread to desired level before using every time. Complex Forms (at least some) no longer correspond directly to programs.
Aria
@Rdmarquis (et al.)

Welcome back! Thanks to Machine Ghost for the summary – he captured everything that he was aware of outside. Inside you will have been dumpshocked as you were forcibly jacked out by the jammer warheads (they fired one inside too – no expense spared!). You ‘wake up’ to all hell breaking loose, panic stations, armed soldiers shooting at tribe members and a mad scramble towards the safer parts of the mall. Jazz drags your arse down towards the basement...unless you want to resist?

More details to follow IC...

Oh, and as luck would have it, it's entirely possible that Mordred is here too (Gemeaux is after dropping off the Collots)...so you could IC post meeting him in the chaos, have a happy reunion, I might even let it last ork.gif

I will try and finish off the IC post before the end of the week but work is taking a turn for the worse so I'll get back to you if not and suggest ways that you can post some stuff without my IC input...
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 17 2013, 01:00 PM) *
@Rdmarquis (et al.)

Welcome back! Thanks to Machine Ghost for the summary – he captured everything that he was aware of outside. Inside you will have been dumpshocked as you were forcibly jacked out by the jammer warheads (they fired one inside too – no expense spared!). You ‘wake up’ to all hell breaking loose, panic stations, armed soldiers shooting at tribe members and a mad scramble towards the safer parts of the mall. Jazz drags your arse down towards the basement...unless you want to resist?

More details to follow IC...

Oh, and as luck would have it, it's entirely possible that Mordred is here too (Gemeaux is after dropping off the Collots)...so you could IC post meeting him in the chaos, have a happy reunion, I might even let it last ork.gif

I will try and finish off the IC post before the end of the week but work is taking a turn for the worse so I'll get back to you if not and suggest ways that you can post some stuff without my IC input...

LeFey is going to let Jazz take her to a hiding place (she's probably not in much shape to even protest), but speaking of resistance, should I actually roll to soak the dumpshock damage?

And yeah, Mordred should be here. I'll post for him, too.
JxJxA
How did the jamming stop? ?_?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 18 2013, 07:38 PM) *
How did the jamming stop? ?_?
Aria's IC post
We just back timed a little to get the meet.
JxJxA
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 19 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Aria's IC post
We just back timed a little to get the meet.

Ah, ok. Thanks! I was confused. spin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 19 2013, 05:31 PM) *
"Sprogget, can you point out some less than obvious entryways into this joint ? I only recall the loading bay and a couple a' windows that Scrap was telling someone ta leave through !"

The Freedomers have done a good job of trying to a) make the place look deserted / a death trap, b)wall up any unneccesary entrances to channel any 'invaders' ...of course they didn't anticipate someone blowing a hole in the wall!

They mostly live on the top floors (with Prospero lurking in the basement somewhere)...
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 19 2013, 09:41 AM) *
The Freedomers have done a good job of trying to a) make the place look deserted / a death trap, b)wall up any unneccesary entrances to channel any 'invaders' ...of course they didn't anticipate someone blowing a hole in the wall!

They mostly live on the top floors (with Prospero lurking in the basement somewhere)...
I was just about to post something similar while asking questions here smile.gif

How much do you (as GM) WANT us to be able to do? Meta gaming, I understand that you want to 'reduce' the tribes power somewhat. For the specific scene though, I / Sprogget have some ideas that could be effective depending on things GM will have to fill in.

With an IC post being worked on, Cam could, maybe reluctantly, point to a small cache that includes a few man portable rockets. Sprogget can use a tutor sprite to get Gunnery skill, if the Resonance will cooperate.

If Sprogget and/or Crow can recognize / deduce enough about those APCs to get an idea about what their sensor capabilities should be (I expect that the UWBR scan does not give enough detail, though it could help), then maybe use the distraction from LeO to sneak up to them. With the automotive toolkit (and jury rigger in reverse), Sprogget might be able to disable the vehicles for quite awhile. Those turrets probably need power too. <grin> See my SIG </grin>. Only if Sprogget feels there is a good chance, maybe with help getting in position. He does not have a chameleon suit, and infiltration dice pool of only 5. Alternatively, if tutor sprite can provide the skill to another, someone with a chameleon suit could take the toolkit. The actually work should not be complex. It is easier to break things than fix them, if not trying to be real subtle. smile.gif

With 'really' good luck, there will be a sewer / manhole in a useful spot to get close unseen.

For access to the mall, and the 'tenant improvements', Sprogget (or Scrapheap) could 'remember' enough since story line says Mechanicals helped out. Industrial Mechanic seems to be one of the appropriate skills for the work. Or Cam could dump updated information, since Sprogget is more vehicle/drone oriented. Earlier post said Sprogget is sending a live sensor feed to Cam, so he (or someone else assigned) could be listening in.

G'Eye is on the way or already in the mall trying to get past the attackers to deliver messages. Progress depending on luck, and how long since he was sent, which was just after that message telling Oyl that Cam was reluctant to send the spirits. Sprogget will be turning on the wireless using the RFID tag controls, but where will he be? The drone has been running on the dog brain, and trying to avoid attackers to deliver the messages. I expect that the ventilation system is a good highway for him. He has good 'sniffer nose' to help figure out where people are, and where weapons are being fired (as well as Spatial Recognizer). UWBR as a last resort, since trying not to use active / detectable signals.

Coming post will leave things open, so GM can fill some of it, to limit or expand options.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 20 2013, 03:48 AM) *
With 'really' good luck, there will be a sewer / manhole in a useful spot to get close unseen.

oooh man, How did I not even think of this !! ?!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Sep 20 2013, 12:52 AM) *
oooh man, How did I not even think of this !! ?!
Too focused on the lack of firepower for a direct assault ? smile.gif
Aria
Little bit of a placeholder IC to keep you going before I can fill in more details and answer your questions. The soldiers are already on their way out so it's up to you whether you still want to go with an attack on the APCs?!? No to the rockets (it doesn't seem to fit the Mechanicals to my mind), there is a reasonable chance that there's a sewer near the APCs... you won't have much time to utalise it though... I'm not trying to deliberatley counter your plans but time is of the essence, if I left the soldier boys inside too long there wouldn't be a tribe left to save nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 20 2013, 05:02 AM) *
Little bit of a placeholder IC to keep you going before I can fill in more details and answer your questions. The soldiers are already on their way out so it's up to you whether you still want to go with an attack on the APCs?!? No to the rockets (it doesn't seem to fit the Mechanicals to my mind), there is a reasonable chance that there's a sewer near the APCs... you won't have much time to utalise it though... I'm not trying to deliberatley counter your plans but time is of the essence, if I left the soldier boys inside too long there wouldn't be a tribe left to save nyahnyah.gif
Which was the original point of the distraction. Get them out!

Delaying next Sprogget post, to see if Gemeaux is going to comment about the tacsoft offer. Simpler if I can post about the new members, and Sprogget can switch fairly fully to virtual communications. Makes it simpler to share that image from G'Eye too.

While contemplating the expanded post, consider that sewer some. Idea: Time/position LeO's distraction to get the squad to shift path enough that we might be able to rescue Jazz by opening it from below as she approaches, and telling her to jump. Another item: are those soldiers wearing chemical protection? That Ares Alpha LeO has includes microgrenades with pepper punch. Would not do a lot of damage, but a deliberate miss might herd them where we want. And those get 'lobbed', so would not even need to expose to the machine guns. Or to the squad either, by using tacnet for targeting. I think Crow has some frag grenades too. Getting underground after might a Very Good Idea™, with those aerial drones that close.

I mentioned the sewer OOC, but if skills/background make it reasonable, someone else can spot it when Sprogget starts saying we need to get Jazz loose.

Working on a nicely cutting Oyl Post.

JxJxA
Post up, sorry for the delay. Imbibed a few potent potables while with my pals, else I would have posted earlier. nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 20 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Post up, sorry for the delay. Imbibed a few potent potables while with my pals, else I would have posted earlier. nyahnyah.gif
Good timing actually. You got there *just* before I finished the Oyl post.

Tomorrow for Sprogget though. I'm about *done* for tonight.

@Aria, E:Tribes
When reading the post, consider the impact added by her abilities:
Voice Control: SR4A197
Kinesics: SR4A196
Perceptive: RC100
Influence Group(3)

@Aria,

Do you have a RAW reference for those APCs? They could be moded of course, but I have an idea I want to check out. Called Shot SR4A161 might give options, depending on the level of armor. Things like jamming the turret. If LeO with a full burst, plus take aim, plus tacsoft, plus called shot has a chance ... Maybe even modified by knowledge about where to target using mechanic skill. No armorer skill, but especially with the Artisan and steampunk work, Sprogget knows how things work mechanically. Throw in jury rigger too.
RdMarquis
Rolling to Compile and Register a Paladin sprite.

Resonance (4) + Compiling (5) = 9d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4226817/
3 hits.

Rating (5) = 5d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4226818/
1 hit.

Resonance (4) + Registering (4) + Specialization (2) = 10d6
Rating (5) x2 =10d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4226819/
LeFey has 4 hits to Register.
The Leanan Sidhe has 3 hits to resist, so she is now Registered with 3 Tasks.

Charisma (5) + Resonance (4) = 9d6 twice to resist 2P, then 6P Fading damage.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4226822/
LeFey takes 2P. I'll finish my post for this in the morning. Well, when the sun is up. nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
Let's try for two more Paladins. Rating 4 this time.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227734/
2 hits to compile each.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227735/
The first got 1 hit, and the second got 2. The Domovoi is Compiled with 1 task.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227736/
Resisting 2S, then 4S. LeFey got 4 and 7 hits, so she's fine.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227739/
Another shot at a third sprite. 2 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227740/
1 hit. The Puca is Compiled with 1 task.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227745/
LeFey takes 1S.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227748/
Registering the Domovoi. 2 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227753/
1 hit. The Domovoi is Registered with 2 tasks.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227762/
LeFey resists 2S.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227757/
Registering the Puca. 3 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227759/
1 hit. The Puca is Registered with 3 tasks.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4227765/
LeFey takes another 1S. She's down 2 Stun and 2 Physical, so far.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Sep 21 2013, 04:51 PM) *
Let's try for two more Paladins. Rating 4 this time.
.. snip ..
Like spirits, you can only have one [unregistered / unbound] sprite at a time, and registering attempt takes 1 hour per rating. No binding materials needed though.

Don't get too far out the timeline. It seems to be less than hour since arriving at the mall.
RdMarquis
Gah. I forgot about time constraints. I'll drop those two other Paladin sprites, then (though I'd like to save the rolls for later), as well as the Registering test for the Rating 5 one. At least she avoided the Fading damage.
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes,

There!  I think I have everything/everyone caught up and cleanly synced to Aria’s last IC post, with people mostly connected together, without taking up any more in game time than needed.  Just missing a reason to add Mordred to the tacnet tags.  From everything I know, Sprogget has no reason to connect Mordred with LeFey.

Any (expanded) drakehunters, including Aria/Cam should be open to post IC ideas now, while Sprogget is busy for a few seconds, without worrying about time sync problems.

@JxJxA,
The character sheet says the Erika Elite Commlink has Response 4, System 6.  By RAW, that will act as System 4.  Nothing I see on the commlink is really going to care though.  The main effect is to limit the rating of programs that are running.  I see skinlink on the commlink, but not on any of the gear.  By RAW again, skinlink needs to be on both ends of a connection to work.  Your posts are not showing what commlink and stats are in use.  The character sheet only shows the one though.  Were you really intending to run in active mode around here, as the post heading shows?  I had not even looked at that when I did the earlier post about not seeing any new nodes when Sprogget started hearing voices.

@dMarquis,
I assume the work/run commlink handed over is the Transys Avalon, which is the way I wrote the IC.  Like JxJxA, the title line for your posts are not showing that detail.  Even surrounded by the TM group, the runs you have been doing have not cared much.  With the hacker tribe and threats around here, that can be more important.  sometimes.

Sprogget can easily learn a lot about the commlinks and PAN gear.  He has not taken the time yet, preferring for now to let the tacnet feed what it considers important.  No real interest in what is on the commlinks (other than Vivienne), but will at some point look for the detailed capabilities, beyond what tacnet will show.  Tacnet will show plenty anyway about weapons capabilities and usage at least.

@Aria,
At some point Sprogget is going to use matrix perception on Vivienne, to try to get a feel for just how good/smart she is.  The strongest reference I found through a pdf search, was in fluff in "The Rotten Apple: Manhattan"
QUOTE (RA31)
These Personal Butlers are very popular with Manhattan’s and other cities’ overworked corporate climbers, as the clever personality software allows the anthroforms to act as surrogate friends and companions, as well as helpers who never complain.
QUOTE (Dr. Spin)
Sad.
QUOTE (Kia)
The research being done into AI programs, which are much closer to real AI than in Japan, are risky for Sony’s image. The corp’s position has been to purposefully avoid true AI research. Sony doesn’t need its brat American division to screw that up for them. I expect to see a contingent of Japanese envoys come “talk” to the American leadership soon.
The RAW piece AR58 says a little about what it does, but nothing I see about ratings of any sort.
JxJxA
@ Machine Ghost: I wouldn't be in active mode. Sorry, I've been cutting and pasting my headers, so I didn't even think about that. Vivienne is just the personality program thingy. Functionally, she does nothing. Writing-wise, she just lets me talk to myself.

As for the lack of skin link, I believe they are skin linked on my excel file, and it might be a typo when I wrote it onto the website.
JxJxA
@Machine Ghost: Actually, what items are you referring to? Can you skinlink contact lenses?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 21 2013, 11:44 PM) *
@ Machine Ghost:  I wouldn't be in active mode. Sorry, I've been cutting and pasting my headers, so I didn't even think about that.  Vivienne is just the personality program thingy. Functionally, she does nothing. Writing-wise, she just lets me talk to myself.

As for the lack of skin link, I believe they are skin linked on my excel file, and it might be a typo when I wrote it onto the website.
So Sprogget needed to take the time to do that commlink manually too?  Depending on which piece I read, real personality software could exist, and could be approaching a full AI in capabilities.  I just have not found any specs or costs.  I'll leave the IC alone though.

Typo's are rather common smile.gif

QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 21 2013, 11:58 PM) *
@Machine Ghost:  Actually, what items are you referring to?  Can you skinlink contact lenses?
Anything that could have a wireless signal could have a skinlink instead/in addition.  It just treats the [meta]human boielectic field as a cable, to create the equivalent of a physical wired link.  If a wi-fi transceiver will fit, so will a skinlink.  OOG, the skinlink should be simpler, and need less power (effectively less than signal 0) SR4A222.  A special case expansion of that allows the complete surface of a vehicle to be a skinlink interface.

Gemeaux character sheet shows several additional items that I would expect should be skinlinked for a secure runner configuration, when trying to be undetectable (no active signals).
  • Respirator
  • Googles
  • Earbuds
  • Contact Lenses
  • Le Repartie
  • Smartpack, especially when modified for chameleon coating.
  • The nanopaste trodes could be a bit tricky to *add* skinlink too, but could probably be purchased that way.

The half body suit is shown as having a skinlink.  Should be able to get by with that, though I think it more likely that each of the biomonitor and auto-injector would have their own skinlinks.  Pure optical vision enhancers do not *require* a connection to the PAN, but would normally use one, to be able to control features like magnification, and to switch modes (thermographic, ultrasound).

Even the grenades could be, so that the detonation timing could be set as they are being thrown.  Would be a real pain if jamming prevented changing the settings smile.gif
Now that is a nasty idea.  If the 'pin' is matrix accessible, a hacker could do nice fireworks.  Given that possibility, I'm pretty sure they will need physical activation.

Going over the details, I see that none of your optical gear has an image link.  Smartlink is needed for the weapons bonus stuff, but image link would normally be needed (separately) to be able to display information from the commlink.  Like reading email, or the tacnet being setup.  The whole AR interface.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 21 2013, 10:21 PM) *
@dMarquis, I assume the work/run commlink handed over is the Transys Avalon, which is the way I wrote the IC.  Like JxJxA, the title line for your posts are not showing that detail.  Even surrounded by the TM group, the runs you have been doing have not cared much.  With the hacker tribe and threats around here, that can be more important.  sometimes.

Sprogget can easily learn a lot about the commlinks and PAN gear.  He has not taken the time yet, preferring for now to let the tacnet feed what it considers important.  No real interest in what is on the commlinks (other than Vivienne), but will at some point look for the detailed capabilities, beyond what tacnet will show.  Tacnet will show plenty anyway about weapons capabilities and usage at least.

Yeah, it's the Avalon.
JxJxA
@ Machine Ghost: Thanks for the info! I've been playing Shadowrun "for a long time", but it's mostly been via pbp and I've never really had a good grasp of the rules. I usually just run mages because they are easier gear-wise. nyahnyah.gif I've updated the gear with the missing bits and paid for it as well. I'm still not done updating with karma, but I'm not sure if I should wait until I convert to 5e or what. x_x

PS-I never make my grenades "smart" for just that reason. Long-story short, that allowed a sprite to create a "death satchel" of grenades and blow up most of the party.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 21 2013, 03:33 AM) *
While contemplating the expanded post, consider that sewer some. Idea: Time/position LeO's distraction to get the squad to shift path enough that we might be able to rescue Jazz by opening it from below as she approaches, and telling her to jump. Another item: are those soldiers wearing chemical protection? That Ares Alpha LeO has includes microgrenades with pepper punch. Would not do a lot of damage, but a deliberate miss might herd them where we want. And those get 'lobbed', so would not even need to expose to the machine guns. Or to the squad either, by using tacnet for targeting. I think Crow has some frag grenades too. Getting underground after might a Very Good Idea™, with those aerial drones that close.

Timings, the eta of soldier boys to the APCs is around 2 mins, not enough time (i don't think) to locate the sewer entrances, trudge 100m or so through sewage and then spring Jazz from underneath. Don't forget that as a TM she doesn't need a commlink to talk to you (I'm pretty sure you can 'call' her?!?)...and she's out of the jamming now.

No, the soldiers might have respirators (it's the barrens after all and there's all this ash crap floating about) but not full chem gear.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 21 2013, 06:53 AM) *
Good timing actually. You got there *just* before I finished the Oyl post.

Tomorrow for Sprogget though. I'm about *done* for tonight.

@Aria, E:Tribes
When reading the post, consider the impact added by her abilities:
Voice Control: SR4A197
Kinesics: SR4A196
Perceptive: RC100
Influence Group(3)
Cam's an adept with kinesics too! It got nerfed in SR5 but it was the goto power in SR4 biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Sep 21 2013, 06:53 AM) *
@Aria,

Do you have a RAW reference for those APCs? They could be moded of course, but I have an idea I want to check out. Called Shot SR4A161 might give options, depending on the level of armor. Things like jamming the turret. If LeO with a full burst, plus take aim, plus tacsoft, plus called shot has a chance ... Maybe even modified by knowledge about where to target using mechanic skill. No armorer skill, but especially with the Artisan and steampunk work, Sprogget knows how things work mechanically. Throw in jury rigger too.

Image is something like this: Russian APC, stats are from Eurowars Antiques: BTR-20 APC
HANDL+0 ACCEL 10/20SPD 100PILOT 0 BODY15 ARM10 SENS 2
Std. Upgrades/Accessories: Amphibious Operation (Level 1), Life Support (Level 1), Network Incompatible, Run Flat Tires, Reinforced Weapon Mount (external, heavy turret, armored manual), Weapon Mount (external, turret, remote). It probably has cameras, movement sensors and maybe an audio mic or two...nothing very good (unless it has been upgraded...)

You can get the stats from it's AROs probably...given time youc could even trace the Metroplex Guard depot it came from...the intact AROs imply they've been borrowed, or perhaps it's an elaborate misdirection? ork.gif
ChromeZephyr
I'm glad I'm playing a fairly slow-witted character in this game, because I'm completely flummoxed about what to do in this scenario. Working on an IC post, I'll just gloss over Scrap's normal response to a voice out of the dark with a handgun trained on him would be. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012