Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 22 2012, 11:36 PM) *
@Virtual Scream:
@phlapjack77: Dante doesn't appear to have any gambling skills, so give me a straight edge roll to see how well he is doing against 'Lucky' Lee.

Yeah, this kind of skill is on my agenda to pick up frown.gif

Not doing too bad tho: 3d6 = 1 hit
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 22 2012, 04:36 PM) *
@Virtual Scream:
Waiting to hear from:
Aria on how Gossamer spends the rest of her morning / what she is doing for lunch
karhig on what Cat does between 11:00 and her virtual meeting at 12:00

Working on it! Probably not until Monday now though, sorry...

@Mechanicals: I love the way you are all interacting! I know I'll need to step up to my GM duties once you start to actively 'run' but for now I'm enjoying the reading smile.gif
faultline
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 22 2012, 04:52 AM) *
If you've got the funds none of this seems too outrageous! Technically the FFBA needs to be custom tailored to you though so just bear that in mind when writing this up IC...

Funds should have no problem if we're getting the usual amount per 2 posts, and I know about the custom tailoring it will be mentioned in the next IC post that it wont be ready until the next day so I'll be SOL for having it until later.

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (faultline @ Nov 23 2012, 02:29 PM) *
QUOTE (Aria)
If you've got the funds none of this seems too outrageous! Technically the FFBA needs to be custom tailored to you though so just bear that in mind when writing this up IC...
Funds should have no problem if we're getting the usual amount per 2 posts, and I know about the custom tailoring it will be mentioned in the next IC post that it wont be ready until the next day so I'll be SOL for having it until later.
I'm 'cheating' a bit on my shopping. There was an IC Sprogget post a while back about looking for some items. I am just 'assuming' that the real list was considerably more extensive (I do not think anyone IC needs to see the list of 70ish items), and that it is waiting to be picked up back at his shop. Alternatively, those few items were just the latest shopping, and previously requested gear has (finally) arrived. At least for any items that fit the general longer term plans of Sprogget. I'll have to work harder IC, for things that are more run specific. But tools, sensors, and miscellaneous hardware items are things Sprogget just generally wants available, and would be relatively expected given his background with the tribe, mechanical/rigger tendencies. Even with the general income, filling the 'pantry' is depleting cash levels fast, and have not even started on the bigger drone and vehicle related things. FFBA was easy. With the tech work, armorer is a skill that is expected to available within the tribe, and Sprogget has been around long enough for current 'measurements' to be on the local files.
Notsoevildm
@kahrig:
Need to know if Cat is planning to attend the meet in AR or VR mode?
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 24 2012, 01:05 AM) *
@kahrig:
Need to know if Cat is planning to attend the meet in AR or VR mode?

AR, she mostly only uses VR for painting, but she will still use her avatar to represent herself instead of her meatself.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Nov 24 2012, 10:35 AM) *
AR, she mostly only uses VR for painting, but she will still use her avatar to represent herself instead of her meatself.
Being slumped unconscious in VR on a park bench is probably not a good idea anyway. What does Cat's avatar look like? If you are quick, you can post her arriving at the node. It looks like an old English mansion or an old New England house with porch. You arrive in front of a very realistically depicted wooden door. There is a large brass knocker in the shape of a horse's head holding the knocker in its mouth in the middle of the door.

@Virtual Scream/all:
Assuming we get a post from Aria on Monday, then to keep things moving along, I need the following:

1. A general (or matrix) perception test
2. A seperate audio perception test
3. A reaction test
4. An initiative roll
5. Your link/node's default response to being hacked (if any).

karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 24 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Being slumped unconscious in VR on a park bench is probably not a good idea anyway. What does Cat's avatar look like? If you are quick, you can post her arriving at the node. It looks like an old English mansion or an old New England house with porch. You arrive in front of a very realistically depicted wooden door. There is a large brass knocker in the shape of a horse's head holding the knocker in its mouth in the middle of the door.

Ahh, I guess it wasn't clear enough in the previous post, she's back home. The location in the post header is her parent's house.

Her avatar she acquired while she was still with the corp, so she got to put a lot of resources/time into it. It's an animated, 3D painting that she can change the clothes, make up, hair, etc. of. It gives the impression that each frame of the animation is redrawn as it moves. It's quite realistic, but obviously drawn, not rendered. The style is similar to Warren Louw or Artgerm. Art students *rollseyes*
karhig
@Virtual Scream

1. A general (or matrix) perception test (6d6.hits(5)=4)
2. A seperate audio perception test (6d6.hits(5)=3)
3. A reaction test (3d6.hits(5)=1)
4. An initiative roll (7d6.hits(5)=0) Ouch!!

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 24 2012, 06:39 PM) *
None. Probably hand over all it's secrets to whoever asks biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Nov 24 2012, 09:47 PM) *
Oh dear. Ah well, at least you will be fully aware of the BAD THING when it happens. You can post a reply to DRKH0R5E if you wish and even pick up the items if you agree to his terms, but don't leave the study just yet.
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 24 2012, 11:39 AM) *

@Virtual Scream/all:
Assuming we get a post from Aria on Monday, then to keep things moving along, I need the following:

3. A reaction test
4. An initiative roll

@Virtual Scream
1. matrix perception test: 12d6(5) = 5 hits
2. audio perception test: 9d6(5) = 3 hits
3. reaction test: 3d6(5) = 1 hit
4. physical Initiative roll: 5d6(5) = 1 hit for Initiative 6
if matrix Initiative works with Henry being on his commlink: 12d6(5) = 4 hits for Initiative 16
5. link's default response; if it is my dummy Erika Elite commlink being hit - response is to shutdown
if it is my custom commlink, it alerts Henry to the intruder and disables access for any account other than his on the node
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 25 2012, 01:39 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/all:

1. A general (or matrix) perception test = 1 hit
2. A seperate audio perception test = 6 hits
3. A reaction test = 1 hit
4. An initiative roll: 3hits = 13 init
5. Your link/node's default response to being hacked (if any) = Agent hopefully detected it, runs purge to try to clean up any viruses, alerts Dante, shuts down the commlink.
Machine Ghost
@aria + GM duties.
[September 1, 2072 19:26:32; SH Mall, A Whole New You]

I have not found anything specific in RAW about effects of jammers on TM 'senses'. For convenience, I am assuming something similar to the stink spell SM171. The 'major' symptoms would go into effect when the jammer becomes strong enough to beat the TM signal rating, effectively reducing it to a zero. That would be similar to a 'normal' person losing sight suddenly. You can still function, but with limited capabilities. Some people have great difficulty standing on one foot with their eyes closed. Sight is used as a secondary sense with balance. Adding a sprite in the bionode becomes a cane. Still blind, but now have an extra reference point to help with balance. If this goes beyond straight IC RP, need a couple of numbers for the base dice pool modifier for a jammed TM with and without a sprite assisting with 'balance'. I figure reduce the base by the hits on a straight willpower roll. Experience and practice could further reduce that to 'simple' sense loss. Not comfortable, but no negatives except related to that sense.

Given the way Alpha Apex has 'forwarded' an AR avatar of LeFey to the meeting, and with his bionode running stealth, I do not know if Sprogget ever got the chance to use matrix perception on either of them. The AR projection of LeFey is the most visible item, and is potentially a resonance structure with a signature, I do not know if that signature would be LeFey or Alpha Apex. If Sprogget sees a signature, I do not know if he has enough information to know what he is sensing either. If it is Alpha, Sprogget might think it is Morgan, because he has been told she is a TM, but has not been told the Alpha is a TM.

Is there a 'just do it' way for Sprogget to add an AR representation of himself to the conference environment Alpha setup, so he can subscribe and maintain a 2 way presence while heading back to his shop? Alternatives include getting Alpha to add him, or having Scrapheap or Spring link him in through their commlink. The 'clean' way to do this is in the purchases waiting for Sprogget back at the shop. A holo projector and trid camera to carry as part of his standard 'travel pack'. Drop them on the table, and subscribe to [slave] them, putting his avatar in the projected hologram.
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 24 2012, 10:39 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/all:

3. A reaction test
4. An initiative roll

1. Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Visual Enhancement 3 + Enhanced Perception 2 = 3 hits.
2. Intuition 4 + Perception 3 + Enhanced Perception 2 = 0 hits, very nearly a glitch. Selene laughs loudly, apparently. wink.gif
3. Reaction 4 =1 hit.
4. Reaction 4 + Intuition 4 = 5 hits, Initative = 13, 1 IP. Uhhh, wow.
5. If the commlink's Agent detects the hack (it's running Analyze on the 'link for that express purpose) it'll set off an visual alarm for Alex and shut the commlink down.
mister__joshua
I'll try and get my rolls done soon. Not had chance to sit down and work it out yet sorry
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 26 2012, 05:24 PM) *
I'll try and get my rolls done soon. Not had chance to sit down and work it out yet sorry

Me too, up tomorrow I hope...

I did get a load of IC up for everyone!

@ NSEDM: Not sure if you’ve followed the stuff about the Citadel that has appeared in the IC thread. To save you searching for it I’ve compiled the various entries here as a block of text.
[ Spoiler ]

The last bit drops some serious hints about where my Emerging games are headed so read at your own risk ork.gif

@Everyone: I previously suggested the Citadel was a good place to ‘play’ so that if you are waiting for someone else to post you can run your own side adventures…anyone wants any info/suggestions then feel free to ask or browse back through the OoC for the reference! Anything goes in this thread so there shouldn’t be any reason why you can’t post something out of the main timeline if you are so inclined…it all counts towards your reward total smile.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Slacker @ Nov 26 2012, 02:08 AM) *
@Virtual Scream
1. matrix perception test: 12d6(5) = 5 hits
2. audio perception test: 9d6(5) = 3 hits
3. reaction test: 3d6(5) = 1 hit
4. physical Initiative roll: 5d6(5) = 1 hit for Initiative 6
if matrix Initiative works with Henry being on his commlink: 12d6(5) = 4 hits for Initiative 16
5. link's default response; if it is my dummy Erika Elite commlink being hit - response is to shutdown
if it is my custom commlink, it alerts Henry to the intruder and disables access for any account other than his on the node
The good perception tests mean Dubstep is not surprised and can react to whatever is happening, even if that is just trying to work out what exactly is happening at the moment. He is now considered to be in combat and each post should cover roughly one pass of actions, although I will run a bit loose with combat turns for this specific encounter.

I am assuming Dubstep is running in VR on his primary link while his agent (Cindy) handles music and security on the secondary link:

Primary link, PAN: Hidden, SIN: Jo Datsik (Fake SIN Rtg4), Response 6, Signal 5, System 6, Firewall 6, (Armor 3-Ergo, Attack 4-Ergo, Biofeedback Filter 6, Browse 6-Ergo, Command 6-Ergo, Disarm 3, ECCM 3-Ergo, Edit 6-Ergo, Exploit 6, Scan 6, Spoof 3-Ergo, Stealth 6)

Secondary link, PAN: Active, SIN: Jo Datsik (Fake SIN Rtg4), Response 3, Signal 4, System 4, Firewall 4, (Agent 3, Analyze 4, Browse 4, Edit 4, Tacsoft 2)

If that is correct, let me know if he is running hot or cold sim.
I need you to make a few rolls to detect hacking attempts on both links plus some defence and resistance rolls for Cindy (say 5 of each).
I also need rolls for any actions that Dubstep plans to take.

Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes,

Seems like a good time to add the post by 'Hobber', that has been sitting in my notes for awhile, now that I had a good 'hook' to it from what Sprogget was trying to explain about tags. Initially, I was going to have Sprogget author it, but this works better. He has it as a reference in addition to his direct knowledge.

@Aria,
If things go the way indicated in the most recent Sprogget post, I *am* going to want some numbers to go with what happens when the jammer is activated, with a sprite riding the bionode. In addition, with the extended test for removing any security tag, I would like to know if general knowledge + common sense would allow running the first 3 extended tests with the jammer off [buying 2 hits each], finding and getting access to the the tag without disturbing it, then turning the jammer on, and buying a single hit 2 times, extending the time to 5 minutes. Once the tag has been removed and destroyed or put in one of the Faraday cage bags, the jammer can be turned off again.

I could even shorten the jammed time a bit more, by buying 2 hits 3 times plus 1 hit 1 times for a total of 7 hits in 4 minutes with the jammer off, then turn the jammer on and buy 1 more hit in the 5th minute.

As the post said, using ultra conservative, safe and default process, at the cost of a bit of time.
SR4A329 Remove Security Tag : First Aid + Logic(8,1 minute), using a Medkit(6) for the First Aid Skill.

Locating the tags is intended to be a couple of steps: Using a radio signal scanner to locate transmitting tags, and determine their 'transmit power'. Security tags have higher power than normal tags. Cross check that with a triple handheld Non-Linear Junction Detector. Three detectors in one sensor package, so it gets 3 separate rolls for detection, each at rating 6. Any stealth tags are still electronically active, even though not transmitting (they need to be active to listen for the code to start transmitting), so threshold 2 or 3 to detect them, same as the regular tags. AR59. Security tags are hardened, so harder to detect with the NLJD, but radio signal scanner should be able to find them. Unless you are going to get nasty with high rating hardened stealth tags, this should be able to find everything, especially with multiple passes: double scan, record signals and locations, erase regular, write security signal to blank stealth tag, substitute stealth signal for security signal and remove security tag, then scan again for signals to make sure got everything. Anything detected by the NLJD but not the radio signal scanner is likely a stealth tag, and extra care needs to be taken with the eraser. Anything that refuses to erase needs to have a decoy, and be physically removed.
mister__joshua
Matrix Perception = 3
Audio Perception = 2
Reaction = 1
Initiative = 1 hit, 9 total
If the initiative is also Matrix then my score will be higher

Be nice to me smile.gif

Edit: I also realised I never posted my Char sheet here. Aria, could you link this back to the first page ta
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
RdMarquis
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3803485/

4 hits on Security Procedures (Matrix).

LeFey is trying to figure out what the tribe members can expect to contend with.
Nightfalke
@Tribes

Sorry for the vanishing act. The holidays left me without consistent web access. I am back now, so let the good times roll.
Aria
Matrix Perception: Analyze+Computer+ AI+VR (+HomeNode Autosoft) = 13D (+3D) = 16d6.hits(5) → [5,6,6,5,5,6,6,2,1,6,6,5,3,3,1,3] = (10)
Audio Perception: Sensors+Perception+Enhancement+VR = 14D = 14d6.hits(5) → [2,4,2,1,5,3,6,4,3,5,2,3,6,3] = (4)
Reaction (drone): Response+VR = 10D = 10d6.hits(5) → [2,2,4,5,6,3,5,1,1,4] = (3)
Reaction (matrix): Node Response+VR

Initiative: (drone): 13D (3 passes) = 13d6.hits(5) → [3,6,6,5,4,1,5,1,2,5,1,1,4] = (5) = 18
Initiative: (matrix): Node Response+5D (3 passes)

@NSEDM: Because matrix reaction times etc are governed by the node Gossamer is in I’ll roll 8D and you can deduct any hits from the end down to the real figure? That suit? That means I can use the same roll for when she’s acting through the MetaAide, should remove a level of complication I hope…all my rolls can be checked via the link in my sig…

Reaction to link being hacked: If it’s on it will be slaved to the MetaAide so auto direct there to be met by a very angry AI! Note: -6 perception to detect her on top of her stealth program [5]. She will always have an open subscription to her home node so I believe she gets to make a perception test if a new icon appears in the node.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 27 2012, 09:35 AM) *
@E:Tribes,

Seems like a good time to add the post by 'Hobber', that has been sitting in my notes for awhile, now that I had a good 'hook' to it from what Sprogget was trying to explain about tags. Initially, I was going to have Sprogget author it, but this works better. He has it as a reference in addition to his direct knowledge.

@Aria,
[ Spoiler ]

I'm inclined to say you have the knowhow so can buy hits without worrying too much about the actual RAW mechanics. 5 mins to remove an implanted tag sounds about right. The jammer doesn't have a RAW effect so RP wise I think the disorientation should be played up and hope I'm not evil enough to attack you while it's on ork.gif If this isn't a satisfactory answer then the numbers you've proposed above sounded fine to me but I'm rushing this out in my lunchbreak nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 26 2012, 05:59 AM) *
@aria + GM duties.
Is there a 'just do it' way for Sprogget to add an AR representation of himself to the conference environment Alpha setup, so he can subscribe and maintain a 2 way presence while heading back to his shop? Alternatives include getting Alpha to add him, or having Scrapheap or Spring link him in through their commlink. The 'clean' way to do this is in the purchases waiting for Sprogget back at the shop. A holo projector and trid camera to carry as part of his standard 'travel pack'. Drop them on the table, and subscribe to [slave] them, putting his avatar in the projected hologram.

There must be! Probably by linking to the restraunt's node and having it project your AR image alongside the menu choices smile.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 26 2012, 03:50 AM) *
1. A general (or matrix) perception test = 1 hit
2. A seperate audio perception test = 6 hits
3. A reaction test = 1 hit
4. An initiative roll: 3hits = 13 init
5. Your link/node's default response to being hacked (if any) = Agent hopefully detected it, runs purge to try to clean up any viruses, alerts Dante, shuts down the commlink.
Stunning audio perception means you actually get to react to whatever is happening.
I do need some rolls for your agent to detect a hacking attempt on your commlink as well as some defence and resistance rolls (5 of each should do).
Dante now counts as being in combat, so posts should cover about one pass worth of activity and should be supported with any appropriate rolls.
Slacker
@Virtual Scream
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 26 2012, 04:41 PM) *
The good perception tests mean Dubstep is not surprised and can react to whatever is happening, even if that is just trying to work out what exactly is happening at the moment. He is now considered to be in combat and each post should cover roughly one pass of actions, although I will run a bit loose with combat turns for this specific encounter.

I am assuming Dubstep is running in VR on his primary link while his agent (Cindy) handles music and security on the secondary link:

Primary link, PAN: Hidden, SIN: Jo Datsik (Fake SIN Rtg4), Response 6, Signal 5, System 6, Firewall 6, (Analyze 6, Armor 3-Ergo, Attack 4-Ergo, Biofeedback Filter 6, Browse 6-Ergo, Command 6-Ergo, Disarm 3, ECCM 3-Ergo, Edit 6-Ergo, Exploit 6, Scan 6, Spoof 3-Ergo, Stealth 6)

Secondary link, PAN: Active, SIN: Jo Datsik (Fake SIN Rtg4), Response 3, Signal 4, System 4, Firewall 4, (Agent 3, Analyze 4, Browse 4, Edit 4, Tacsoft 2)

If that is correct, let me know if he is running hot or cold sim.
I need you to make a few rolls to detect hacking attempts on both links plus some defence and resistance rolls for Cindy (say 5 of each).
I also need rolls for any actions that Dubstep plans to take.

Dubstep is running in full VR with hot sim. And you are correct that the agent is handling security and music on the secondary link. The agent has access to Dubstep's cybereyes/ears/radar but to be able to detect things going on in the environment around him, but i hadn't been planning to use that for anything more than flavor for why the agent changes the music in certain situations.

Main commlink trying to detect hacking attempts (Firewall 6 + Analyze 6):
1st attempt: 6 hits
2nd attempt: 7 hits
3rd attempt: 5 hits
4th attempt: 2 hits
5th attempt: 5 hits

Secondary commlink (Firewall 4 + Analyze 4):
1st attempt: 4 hits
2nd attempt: 1 hit
3rd attempt: 0 hits
4th attempt: 3 hits
5th attempt: 2 hits

Defence rolls for Agent Cindy(Firewall 4 + Response 3):
1st attempt: 1 hit
2nd attempt: 5 hits
3rd attempt: 1 hit
4th attempt: 4 hits
5th attempt: 0 hits

Resistance rolls for Agent Cindy (Agent Rating 3 only since no armor):
1st attempt: 1 hit
2nd attempt: 0 hits
3rd attempt: 1 hit
4th attempt: 0 hits
5th attempt: 1 hit
(at least no glitches with those)

First thing Dubstep will be doing is turning on his ear recorders filtering out music as it records the sound for looking at it later. That should be a Free action I believe. If his system has actually identified the intruder, he will attack the icon. If not, he will be spending the first IP to try detecting and analyze the intruder.
Attack roll if possible: 4 hits
Analyze if I haven't identified a target yet:
---First simple Action: 6 hits
---Second simple Action: 4 hits
Info i'm trying to get would be Icon type (Personae, IC, Agent, AI?), System/Firewall Rating, Programs running

Keep in mind that Dubstep has 5 IP per combat turn in the VR. smile.gif
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 27 2012, 03:33 PM) *
There must be! Probably by linking to the restraunt's node and having it project your AR image alongside the menu choices smile.gif

Heh, today's special: Sprogget. Do you want fries with that? nyahnyah.gif
karhig
@Virtual Scream / Cat

Knowledge check to see if Cat recognises the location of the party:
Bars and Clubs (Seattle) (10d6.hits(5)=5) Hopefully it's a club, because...
Area Knowledge: Seattle (8d6.hits(5)=1) A knowledge glitch! Even internet dice hate me!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Nov 27 2012, 10:09 AM) *
Heh, today's special: Sprogget. Do you want fries with that? nyahnyah.gif

Since we are at "A Whole New You", a 'body sculpting' / cyberware store not a restaurant, I think that should be something like an arm or leg.

I think I will settle for a nose job {nose = knows}
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 27 2012, 07:30 AM) *
I'm inclined to say you have the knowhow so can buy hits without worrying too much about the actual RAW mechanics. 5 mins to remove an implanted tag sounds about right. The jammer doesn't have a RAW effect so RP wise I think the disorientation should be played up and hope I'm not evil enough to attack you while it's on ork.gif If this isn't a satisfactory answer then the numbers you've proposed above sounded fine to me but I'm rushing this out in my lunchbreak nyahnyah.gif
RP disorientation is fine, but although jammers are not mentioned directly, and I am exaggerating the effect, jammers do impact technomancers in RAW. Being jammed would be equivalent to being all alone in a dead zone. Not even a PAN to connect to. Hmmm, unless skin linked, which Sprogget actually DOES have now. Though the initial intent was more for security.
QUOTE (SR4A220 static and dead zones)
Technomancer in static or dead zone | –1 (non-Matrix actions only, gamemaster’s discretion)
QUOTE (SR4A220 Zones)
Technomancers find static and dead zones to be unnerving and uncomfortable. The absence of the constant background hum of data traffic makes them itchy. Technomancers may get depressed, irritated, or otherwise upset in the physical world.
Maybe Sprogget is more sensitive than normal, because as a dronomancer he is so used to having 'equipment' at his mental finger tips. Also easy to say that during the initial exploration, the skinlink was not yet setup.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Nov 27 2012, 06:56 PM) *
@Virtual Scream / Cat

Knowledge check to see if Cat recognises the location of the party:
Bars and Clubs (Seattle) (10d6.hits(5)=5) Hopefully it's a club, because...
Area Knowledge: Seattle (8d6.hits(5)=1) A knowledge glitch! Even internet dice hate me!
LOL! She has definitely heard of it but believes it to be some sort of S&M furry fetish bar. biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/all
I am working on 'surprise round' posts for Alex, Cipher and Gossamer, and will then respond to the others.

If you haven't already rolled a general (or matrix) perception test, a separate audio perception test, a reaction test and detect hacking tests (x5) then you can do so while you wait. If your character has an agent running on their link(s), you can also roll five defence and resistance tests for the agent.

Cipher needs to roll five defence and resistance tests (against the equivalent of Blackout IC in case that makes a difference).

Alex can make a Bod + Will test

Gossamer can make a Will + Firewall test for her aspect in Argent's node.

All can make a composure test (Will + Cha) - yes it is that bad!
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 27 2012, 05:34 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/all
All can make a composure test (Will + Cha) - yes it is that bad!

Composure Test for Dubstep 6D6(5) = 4 hits
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes, Aria

I'm going to leave a bit of time here for other responses then, unless objection or change of plans, jump Sprogget back to the shop by end of next post.
Dakka Fiend
@Aria:
The clothes are about ten years out of style, wrinkled and probably a bit loose on Spring

As for sensors: Are 6 micro sensors - 3 cameras(2 Low Light), 3 microphones (1 directional) okay?
Oh and a spare set of AR glasses (no additional mods) so Spring doesn't have to walk around with goggles?

Seeing as Tweak's going along, want me to write up a sheet for him?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 27 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Stunning audio perception means you actually get to react to whatever is happening.
I do need some rolls for your agent to detect a hacking attempt on your commlink as well as some defence and resistance rolls (5 of each should do).

5 times:
Detect hacking attempts (analyze 3 + firewall 5) = 3,3,2,2,3
Matrix perception (agent rating 3 + analyze 3) = 1,4,3,2(glitch),0
Defense (full defense, resp 3+firewall 5+agent rating 3) = 2,4,5,0,3
Damage resistance (agent rating 3) = 1(glitch),1,1,0,2

Hope I did these rolls right, let me know if I messed up...

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 27 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Dante now counts as being in combat, so posts should cover about one pass worth of activity and should be supported with any appropriate rolls.

1st pass:
Free Action: activate wired reflexes
Free Action: speak
Simple Action: ready weapon
Movement: move to a position that affords some cover and hopefully good visibility

*edit*
rolling Composure, using Chummer since IC is down.

Chr(3)+Wil(3)+Guts(+2) = 4 hits (5,3,1,3,5,5,6,1)
Machine Ghost
Sprogget is currently able to run tacsoft(2) without threading negatives, so 4 channels is enough UW125

From that each camera and microphone should count as a separate channel. If the cameras have any enhancements like low-light, thermographic, magnification, those count as extra channels.

Looks like lots. For now, will need to run as a centralized tacnet.

If want Tweak as part of the tacnet, need enough information to match the sensors, though looks like Spring could share just about enough.

Sprogget will scrounge at the shop too, so see if can grab some extra sensors to pass around for those who might not have the right accessories. Sprogget himself does not need much for sensors. With that simrig complex form, his natural senses supply 3 channels.

@Tweak, sorry, but that truck does not have rigger adaptation. Sprogget made comment on that when picking it up. The monocycle now, THAT is rigable smile.gif
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 28 2012, 12:10 AM) *
LOL! She has definitely heard of it but believes it to be some sort of S&M furry fetish bar. biggrin.gif

And did she managed to determine how much money was being offered? She knows how to party, and needs an appropriate budget biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Nov 28 2012, 11:03 AM) *
And did she managed to determine how much money was being offered? She knows how to party, and needs an appropriate budget biggrin.gif
Budget is more than adequate for a good night out. She could even afford a new outfit as long as she stays away from the top end brands. However, she gets the feeling that the actual pay off will be limited, so she might want to save her pennies.

Also, remember that cash in this thread is post dependent so I am deliberately keeping the amount vague.

And I will be dropping Cat into combat mode along with the rest of the team, so hold off on posting until I get back to you.
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/all
Posts up for Alex and Uller. They are now in combat so keep posts to roughly to a single pass worth of actions and support with appropriate rolls

Still working on 'surprise round' posts for Cat, Cipher and Gossamer. I will then respond to the others.

@phlapjack/Dante: Hacking rolls look good even if results are not so good. I'll get back to you when I've got the others into trouble.

@Slacker/Dubstep: Dubstep is totally unfazed by whatever is happening. At least until I get back to you with what is actually happening.

@mister_j/Cipher: I am afraid that it is going to hurt.

@ChromeZephyr/Alex: I need a Bod + Will test for Alex against the sonic attack.

@Aria/Gossamer: I am still getting to grips with AIs. As I understand it, Gossamer is currently running only in Argent's node and the Citadel. The drone's node is active but it is 'empty'. If that matches with your understanding then I need a Will + Firewall test for the aspect in Argent's node. I am also going to do some Bad Stuff to the users logged onto the Citadel but the game itself will be mostly unaffected.

@All: If you haven't already rolled a general (or matrix) perception test, a separate audio perception test, a reaction test and detect hacking tests (x5) then you can do so while you wait. If your character has an agent running on their link(s), you can also roll five defence and resistance tests for the agent. And last but not least, a composure test (Will + Cha) - yes it is that bad!
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 28 2012, 11:15 AM) *
Also, remember that cash in this thread is post dependent so I am deliberately keeping the amount vague.

Ahh right, forgot that. She'll be rich by now! wink.gif

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 28 2012, 11:15 AM) *
And I will be dropping Cat into combat mode along with the rest of the team, so hold off on posting until I get back to you.

Invisible Castle seems to be dead right now. If I make 'real' rolls, then I get the following with firewall 2:

1. [1, 5] (1 hits)
2. [2, 3] (0 hits)
3. [6, 5] (2 hits)
4. [3, 5] (1 hits)
5. [5, 3] (1 hits)

If she notices her commlink is getting hit, she'll just close the AR window and turn off the commlink.

I'd also like to alter my character sheet a little, if that's still OK? I'd like to buy her a second commlink that she uses for her art work, with much better stats. It's tied to her real SIN, but still won't have any security beyond a firewall, she's just not a hacker. I realised that trying to run any kind of heavy art work programmes on a rating 2 commlink isn't going to get you very far, creative programmes have always pushed hardware.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Nov 28 2012, 12:27 PM) *
Invisible Castle seems to be dead right now. If I make 'real' rolls, then I get the following with firewall 2:

1. [1, 5] (1 hits)
2. [2, 3] (0 hits)
3. [6, 5] (2 hits)
4. [3, 5] (1 hits)
5. [5, 3] (1 hits)

If she notices her commlink is getting hit, she'll just close the AR window and turn off the commlink.

I'd also like to alter my character sheet a little, if that's still OK? I'd like to buy her a second commlink that she uses for her art work, with much better stats. It's tied to her real SIN, but still won't have any security beyond a firewall, she's just not a hacker. I realised that trying to run any kind of heavy art work programmes on a rating 2 commlink isn't going to get you very far, creative programmes have always pushed hardware.
Let's just say that with those rolls, she is unlikely to notice anything until too late.

Okay for buying a second link although in 2072 an art program is no heavier on resources than any other program (it is equivalent to an Edit program, so on rating 2 link could only run a rating 2 Art Suite). However, having a second link is always a 'good thing' in SR4. If you can afford it, up the Firewall and buy the best Analyze it can run to detect future hacks. Count the Art Suite as an Edit program for cost.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 28 2012, 12:16 PM) *
@Aria/Gossamer: I am still getting to grips with AIs. As I understand it, Gossamer is currently running only in Argent's node and the Citadel. The drone's node is active but it is 'empty'. If that matches with your understanding then I need a Will + Firewall test for the aspect in Argent's node. I am also going to do some Bad Stuff to the users logged onto the Citadel but the game itself will be mostly unaffected.

@All: If you haven't already rolled a general (or matrix) perception test, a separate audio perception test, a reaction test and detect hacking tests (x5) then you can do so while you wait. If your character has an agent running on their link(s), you can also roll five defence and resistance tests for the agent. And last but not least, a composure test (Will + Cha) - yes it is that bad!

In theory you can be aware of as many nodes on the matrix as you have a subscription to (SR4A p224), but only 'act' in one at a time. So she will be aware of anything happening in her home node. Anyway, Will+Firewall (ouch, no homenode bonus!) = 7D (I assume no VR Bonus applies) = hmmm Invisible Castle is down...picks up a handful of real D = 2hits, about average I guess... I'll roll the other multiple tests when IC comes back online unless bought successes would do? Detect hacking on my home node should be 16D as my first roll...Composure is 7D = 2 hits again...

For a bit of cross thread polination is whatever is going on here a Seattle wide phenomenon? Would the Freedom lot be in a flap about it? I know so far there's been no mention of it IC up to about 7.30pm so maybe it hasn't reached them yet...?
Aria
@E:PL/UK: I paused things where I did to give you an opportunity to decide how you approach the reservoir. If you’re not that fussed I can just move you on…?

@E:PL/Chi Town: I don’t want to steal Copperhead’s thunder by having NPCs bail you out but equally I don’t want you to panic about being all alone (much! ork.gif). Chi Town should be the stuff of horror films (which might or might not be coming off IC???) and Copperhead has a good mix of abilities to deal with it (even with her magic hampered a bit…)

@E:CoP: I’ve dropped thematic hints but I’d like to work more with PC driven motivations so feel free to take over the action and post interactions with NPCs etc without having to wait for me to respond for them. As long as you keep the power games in mind I’m sure that’ll be fine! E:Tribes are doing this well, although they are interacting amongst themselves and I know there are only two of you at the moment...

@E:Tribes: Keep it up! biggrin.gif Angelo will agree to help without Glyph needing to be too persuasive – although it would help if Morgan contacted him beforehand! Your plans seem sound so far, now I just need to go away and plot how to make things interesting for you ork.gif

Nightfalke
@Aria

Is there a coffee shop or bar or cafe within a block or two of LeFey's neighborhood?
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 28 2012, 05:16 AM) *
@Slacker/Dubstep: Dubstep is totally unfazed by whatever is happening. At least until I get back to you with what is actually happening.

Glad to hear it. Now i'm really interested in finding out just what is actually happening.
Aria
QUOTE (Nightfalke @ Nov 28 2012, 03:17 PM) *
@Aria

Is there a coffee shop or bar or cafe within a block or two of LeFey's neighborhood?

I suspect it's a corp residential district and they won't want their flock straying too far so would provide these sorts of amenities in little clusters... Anyone with a clearer idea of how the States do things please feel free to chime in!
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 28 2012, 02:00 PM) *
If you can afford it, up the Firewall and buy the best Analyze it can run to detect future hacks.

Someone's going to have to tell her that in character. She's got computer 1, she knows Firewall is important, that's about it. She'll understand why Analyze is important once someone tells her. Hopefully she'll bump into someone useful in that respect before long smile.gif
Dakka Fiend
@Aria: You didn't give me a yes/no on statting up Tweak, so I started on him anyway. Basically took Spring, subtracted mysad, added hacking.

[ Spoiler ]

After digging through equipment (always the part I dsilike most), didn't feel like throwing around much in the way of backstory or contacts.

@Tribe: Could someone who's into the Matrix side of Rules tell me if I made a big blunder there.

Matrix stuff
[ Spoiler ]

Basically just want him to be able to rig well and get a few hacky things done. wink.gif
faultline
Ok guys last posts left me a bit confused, where is everyone heading and in which vehicles?

Machine Ghost - Sprogget: Heading to Mechanicals home in what?

Nightfalke - Alpha Apex: Heading to Mechanicals home with Spring and Tweak then to Bellevue in?

Dakka Fiend - Spring & Tweak: Heading to Mechanicals home in what? then onto Bellevue on your Scoot

ChromeZephyr - Scapheap: no posts in like 10 days sent him a PM to see whats up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012