Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
faultline
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 15 2012, 04:56 AM) *
Tribes...will try and get you more IC before the end of the week but Freedom can provide you with some wheels if needed - a step van is in one of the loading bays. If i'm really nice it'll even have some morphing decals to help it blend in wherever. Given your combined skill sets I'd expect you to plan for multiple virtual incursions and some physical stuff too smile.gif

Personally I think we're good atm we're just waiting on RdMarquis to give us enough info from LeFey to narrow down the plan options at this point. This may hold up and keep the mechanicals waiting though.

As for the stepvan, that would be great, and possibly another way for entry as some sort of business: exterminators, movers, caterers, etc. It all hinges on the condition of the vehicle, and decals though, or it'll just be good for a vehicle shuffle.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (faultline @ Nov 15 2012, 06:58 PM) *
Personally I think we're good atm we're just waiting on RdMarquis to give us enough info from LeFey to narrow down the plan options at this point. This may hold up and keep the mechanicals waiting though.

As for the stepvan, that would be great, and possibly another way for entry as some sort of business: exterminators, movers, caterers, etc. It all hinges on the condition of the vehicle, and decals though, or it'll just be good for a vehicle shuffle.
As 'business', Sprogget just 'received' some stuff that has been on order. He can look the part now. A complete set of the Victory: Industrious clothing line. Decent armor, and can look the part for an official repair person. Especially with the collection of toolkits he has.
RdMarquis
If you're curious, Richard pulled some strings to get Horace (former Lone Star) and a couple of friends on the fast track through the Knight Errant academy. Why yes, I do put too much thought into characters' backstories. nyahnyah.gif
Nightfalke
@Aria / Tribes

Alright. It's dice rolling time!
First, dropping my Browse threading.

Threading my Stealth Program: Resonance (6) + Software (5) = 11d6.hits(5) → [6,5,4,6,5,5,2,5,1,4,1] = (6)
Taking 3 of those hits.
Fading: Charisma (5) + Resonance (6) = 11d6.hits(5) → [2,2,1,5,1,6,1,2,4,1,5] = (3) No damage.

Stealth CF rating now 9.

Probing Hack on LeFey's home matrix node: Hacking (4) + Exploit (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 10 dice
Attempting to get Admin access (+6 to threshold)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,5,3,4,2,3,3,1,6,5] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,3,6,6,5,2,5,6,2,2] = (5)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,2,4,6,1,3,3,1] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,3,2,4,2,2,3,6] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,2,5,1,4,2,6,4,5,5] = (5)

17 hits over 5 hours of hacking. Let me know if I need more time to get the access I need.

Once I am in, I will do two things, then log out.

1) Create a backdoor into the node (which would give me a +6 dice pool the next time I try to hack into the node. Unwired p. 97)
Software (5) + Exploit (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 11 dice
11d6.hits(5) → [3,1,1,4,2,4,4,6,3,3,1] = (1)
11d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5,5,1,4,2,3,3,5,5] = (5)
11d6.hits(5) → [5,5,2,2,1,3,2,3,2,6,6] = (4)

3 initiative passes to get 10 hits. I hope that's enough... otherwise I'm in trouble.

2) Search through and Edit the access logs so I was never here.
Data Search (3) + Browse (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 9 dice
9d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,4,6,2,3,3,3] = (2)
Computer (4) + Edit (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 10 dice
10d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,3,2,6,3,1,1,1] = (2) (Gah! Almost a glitch...)

Whew. Now to take a nap.
JxJxA
@ Aria: No worries, I've been working on crap, too. Gemeaux is trying to deflect attention from the destination, let me know if I should make a roll. smile.gif
RdMarquis
Speaking of rolls, this one is for fun.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3788383/

4 hits for Media from the Late 20th and Early 21st Centuries.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Nov 16 2012, 04:21 AM) *
If you're curious, Richard pulled some strings to get Horace (former Lone Star) and a couple of friends on the fast track through the Knight Errant academy. Why yes, I do put too much thought into characters' backstories. nyahnyah.gif
Speaking of backstories, Sprogett's sister has shown up a few times now. Still filling in a few details, but you will soon get to met Gidget, a speakers way adept with some biology (medical) and botany skills. An up and coming young actress with Influence and Stealth group skills. I gave her a point in chemistry, since there does not seem to be any skill directly related to farming / gardening. Do not know yet how active she will be, but that skill set is looking interesting. Spindle better watch out. Give her a bit of experience, and she will take over the tribe from him, if she decides she does not like the job he is doing. Or maybe be the power behind the throne, and manipulate things to get what she wants anyway. Good thing she got a bit of social conscious in her upbringing. Those skills would make a great con artist smile.gif
faultline
Planned to put up an IC post yesterday/earlier today but RL has had me running in circles Friday, and I just about collapsed into bed this morning after work and slept almost 12 hours. Looks like I need to catch up now.

I'll be putting up a post asap. Saturday nights at work are dead slow, but I'm stll a bit fuzzy headed after all that sleep.

Also going to put a fluff/info post up later here about one of my contacts and her current business endeavor, that I've been meaning to put up for a while now but keep forgetting about.
phlapjack77
@Virtual Scream

Dante, ork street sam

with 20 questions
Nightfalke
@Tribes; Mechanicals

Hey Chummers,

I know you all were anxious to keep the IC moving, but can you roll back your timestamps about 20 minutes? Us Freedomers were in the middle of something when Aria pulled the GM lasso trick and we needed some more posts to finish stuff up. I know for a fact that Alpha would not be 20 minutes late to a meeting, and I doubt the others would be that late either.

Thanks

*EDIT* You know what? I figured out a good way to work this in to my IC post. Nevermind. I got this taken care of.
Aria
@Tribes: Reluctant to wade in on the thread while you are planning things out, but that does mean I may have missed some questions only I can answer...feel free to proverbially kick me OoC and I will sort them out, otherwise happy planning ork.gif
ChromeZephyr
Virtual Scream

Alexander Bartolemeo Bianchi

Vitals
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Adept Abilities
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Cash/Karma log
[ Spoiler ]

20 Questions
[ Spoiler ]
Slacker
@Virtual Scream

Henry Tlalin Rejaenpe (Dubstep)

Vitals
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Cyberware/Bioware
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Cash/Karma log
[ Spoiler ]

20 Questions
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Machine Ghost
@Aria,
September 1, 2072 19:23:10

QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 19 2012, 10:31 AM) *
@Tribes: Reluctant to wade in on the thread while you are planning things out, but that does mean I may have missed some questions only I can answer...feel free to proverbially kick me OoC and I will sort them out, otherwise happy planning ork.gif
Is Jazz going to (retroactively?) respond to any of Sproggets comments/questions/assumptions?

'Officially', Sprogget does not know about that potential step van in the loading bay yet.  Don't know if Alpha and Glyph know or not.

I am guessing that since Alpha is not physically here, and the conference is so far only in AR, that Sprogget will not get a chance yet to notice [matrix perception] that Alpha is a TM, but that Alpha (and maybe LeFey, depending on Alpha's conferencing) will get the chance to notice Sprogget is a TM, when he/they check that ARO.

From the mental planning post, Sprogget was wondering about something 'special' to knock LeFey out while transporting, with an antidote so do not need to sleep off 10 boxes of stun.  Either from the doc, or managed by the medkit.  Nothing RAW seems to fit.

I was going to save my spending till SP^3 got back 'home', to take delivery, but looks like not going to get there for awhile.  The shipment Sprogget has been waiting for must have been delivered to Freedom by mistake smile.gif  Or at least the part he wants along 'out on the town'.

@Tribes, I have an area jammer on Sprogget's shopping list, but not bought yet pending planning results.  Something Sprogget wants in the toolkit, but could be purchased at a later time.  The priority of some other purchases shifted, to have things expected to be needed, or at least useful for springing [ouch] LeFey.

@Aria,
I also need to get my 'process' in place for updating the character sheet.  How do you feel about a link to a 'published' Google docs spreadsheet for the character sheet and some related book keeping?  Added as link in character sheet.  I could point that to a single 'page' from the spreadsheet, but have not yet created a character sheet there.  Info spread around some still.

Sprogget used negotiation with Alexia, to get a better price on the [beat up] Peny You.  The value was set at 4000.  How much discount does the 2 net hits on the Negotiation test give Sprogget?  Just to keep my accounting straight.  I can not seem to locate any numbers in RAW.

Any guidelines for selling used gear, when upgrading and no longer need original?  Variation if the 'gear' can be handled by the normal tribal scavenging?

QUOTE (Nightfalke @ Nov 19 2012, 08:00 AM) *
Hey Chummers,

I know you all were anxious to keep the IC moving, but can you roll back your timestamps about 20 minutes?  Us Freedomers were in the middle of something when Aria pulled the GM lasso trick and we needed some more posts to finish stuff up.  I know for a fact that Alpha would not be 20 minutes late to a meeting, and I doubt the others would be that late either.

Thanks

*EDIT*  You know what?  I figured out a good way to work this in to my IC post.  Nevermind.  I got this taken care of.
That's good, cause our timeline got GM managed.  Sprogget posted (for Spindle) an ETA of 18:50 for arrival at the Mall, but GM jumped us from there to 20 after before we found out about the meeting.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 17 2012, 11:03 PM) *
@All: I am fine with last minute tweaks as there is always something you forget (dodge and perception are my favourites) or something that doesnt quite gel with the character in initial play. Just ask in OOC before making any changes.

Ok to add ergonomic to 2 programs (analyze, encrypt) and change skills, from Unarmed: 2 -> Unarmed: 1 and EW: 1? I figure someone tinkering with rigging will need this skill...
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 20 2012, 11:45 AM) *
Ok to add ergonomic to 2 programs (analyze, encrypt) and change skills, from Unarmed: 2 -> Unarmed: 1 and EW: 1? I figure someone tinkering with rigging will need this skill...

Changes are fine. EW likely to be rather useful.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 20 2012, 02:13 AM) *
Is Jazz going to (retroactively?) respond to any of Sproggets comments/questions/assumptions?

That's what I meant by the need to give me a kick, thought I was missing something...will reply OoC to avoid confusion...

'Officially', Sprogget does not know about that potential step van in the loading bay yet.  Don't know if Alpha and Glyph know or not. Jazz can line up a vehicle, step van or a sedan perhaps? There are 7 of you to transport (including Tweak)...

I am guessing that since Alpha is not physically here, and the conference is so far only in AR, that Sprogget will not get a chance yet to notice [matrix perception] that Alpha is a TM, but that Alpha (and maybe LeFey, depending on Alpha's conferencing) will get the chance to notice Sprogget is a TM, when he/they check that ARO. I got the impression Alpha was around the Freedom mall somewhere but I may have misread the timestamp...

From the mental planning post, Sprogget was wondering about something 'special' to knock LeFey out while transporting, with an antidote so do not need to sleep off 10 boxes of stun.  Either from the doc, or managed by the medkit.  Nothing RAW seems to fit. I'm sure such a thing exists in RL so should be available. A rt 10 tranq patch with antidote should do it...I'll even be nice and say you can find one...not sure how you'll explain Morgan sleeping but that's down to you lot...

I was going to save my spending till SP^3 got back 'home', to take delivery, but looks like not going to get there for awhile.  The shipment Sprogget has been waiting for must have been delivered to Freedom by mistake smile.gif  Or at least the part he wants along 'out on the town'. No problem, someone from the Mechanicals can easily run it over, you're not far away!!!

@Tribes, I have an area jammer on Sprogget's shopping list, but not bought yet pending planning results.  Something Sprogget wants in the toolkit, but could be purchased at a later time.  The priority of some other purchases shifted, to have things expected to be needed, or at least useful for springing [ouch] LeFey.

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 20 2012, 02:13 AM) *
@Aria,
I also need to get my 'process' in place for updating the character sheet.  How do you feel about a link to a 'published' Google docs spreadsheet for the character sheet and some related book keeping?  Added as link in character sheet.  I could point that to a single 'page' from the spreadsheet, but have not yet created a character sheet there.  Info spread around some still. Happy with that, I do all my sheets in Google docs now! I then put any post gen additions in red so they stand out and a 'karma spent' list at the bottom. See my link to Silk in post 2...but how you do it is down to you as long as I can understand it smile.gif

Sprogget used negotiation with Alexia, to get a better price on the [beat up] Peny You.  The value was set at 4000.  How much discount does the 2 net hits on the Negotiation test give Sprogget?  Just to keep my accounting straight.  I can not seem to locate any numbers in RAW. Say 5% off per hit? She got one hit on 8D nyahnyah.gif

Any guidelines for selling used gear, when upgrading and no longer need original?  Variation if the 'gear' can be handled by the normal tribal scavenging? Not that I'm aware of by RAW (anyone???), say 50% of list price...?If you want to put it into the 'scav' pot you can take it out in kind later...

Ok, any other tribe members' questions that I missed???
Aria
QUOTE (Nightfalke @ Nov 16 2012, 06:36 PM) *
@Aria / Tribes

Alright. It's dice rolling time!
First, dropping my Browse threading.

Threading my Stealth Program: [snip]

Stealth CF rating now 9. smile.gif

Probing Hack on LeFey's home matrix node: Hacking (4) + Exploit (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 10 dice
Attempting to get Admin access (+6 to threshold)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,5,3,4,2,3,3,1,6,5] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,3,6,6,5,2,5,6,2,2] = (5)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,2,4,6,1,3,3,1] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,3,2,4,2,2,3,6] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,2,5,1,4,2,6,4,5,5] = (5)

17 hits over 5 hours of hacking. Let me know if I need more time to get the access I need. Oh, you're in! Don't seem to have been detected...for now ork.gif

Once I am in, I will do two things, then log out.

1) Create a backdoor into the node (which would give me a +6 dice pool the next time I try to hack into the node. Unwired p. 97)
Software (5) + Exploit (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 11 dice
11d6.hits(5) → [3,1,1,4,2,4,4,6,3,3,1] = (1)
11d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5,5,1,4,2,3,3,5,5] = (5)
11d6.hits(5) → [5,5,2,2,1,3,2,3,2,6,6] = (4)

3 initiative passes to get 10 hits. I hope that's enough... otherwise I'm in trouble. Just!

2) Search through and Edit the access logs so I was never here.
Data Search (3) + Browse (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 9 dice
9d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,4,6,2,3,3,3] = (2)
Computer (4) + Edit (6) + Hot Sim (2) + Threading Modifier (-2) = 10 dice
10d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,3,2,6,3,1,1,1] = (2) (Gah! Almost a glitch...)

Whew. Now to take a nap. Home free...right?!? ork.gif

Notsoevildm
@ChromeZephyr:
Post up for Alex. His morning may not have turnedout as planned, but he can now enjoy a pleasant lunch with Selene. Don't go beyond paying the bill though!
If you need some inspiration for the restaurant, there is a nice place called Carluccio's. It used to be a mob joint back in the 40s before a shootout between the local family and the Vory also killed the owner. It's now run by his son/nephew, a young looking elf (aren't they all) who looks a lot like his father/uncle except for the pointy ears. The regular menu is soy-based, but the lunch specials which tend to be simple and more expensive are always freshly prepared with real ingredients. The table in the corner is reserved for local law enforcement on a first come, first served basis. Selene has managed to snag it and is waiting for Alex to arrive.
ChromeZephyr
Groovy, love the flavor. Alex is going to be a thunderhead by the time he blows into this restaurant. Working on post now.
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 20 2012, 06:43 PM) *
@Virtual Scream / Gossamer
[September 1, 2072, 06:30:00, Oakfarm Estate, NE 37th St, Bellevue, Seattle]
PAN: Active, SIN: Charlotte Penthièvre (Owner), Response 8*, Signal 5*, System 5 (6), Firewall 4(8), (Analyze, Scan, Decrypt, Exploit, Stealth [5, ergo, optzd], Browse, Encrypt [6, optzd] / Drone: Defence, First Aid [4], Empathy, Lie Detection [3])

I confess to being a bit confused about the running programs. As an AI Gossamer runs them on herself like an agent running in an independant node (p89 RC). They count towards the load on that node therefore they will impact on how many autosofts I can run, right?...hmmm...anyone got a clearer view on this otherwise I'll have to go and ask silly questions on the rules forum...?!?
Notsoevildm
@phlapjack:
Post up for Dante. Have some lunch and start an activity for the afternoon, but don't go too far.

@Virtual Scream/all:
I am still finding my way with tone, narrative and amount of direction, so bear with me. There will be a little bit of 'railroading' to get you into the first encounter proper but let me know if you feel I am overdoing it!
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 20 2012, 06:55 PM) *
I confess to being a bit confused about the running programs. As an AI Gossamer runs them on herself like an agent running in an independant node (p89 RC). They count towards the load on that node therefore they will impact on how many autosofts I can run, right?...hmmm...anyone got a clearer view on this otherwise I'll have to go and ask silly questions on the rules forum...?!?

Oh Jeez, I scanned the rules for AIs but not 100% sure of them myself. Here is what I understand.
As an AI, you count as 1 active program (this includes your starting inherent programs, if any - I'm guessing Drone: Defence, First Aid, Empathy and Lie Detection for Gossamer).
Any other programs that you are runnning in addition to the inherent ones count toward the load of the node you are currently in.
You also get some bonuses to the hardware capabilites of your home node (the medic drone for Gossamer).
ChromeZephyr
Wait. *looks at restaurant name* Okay. *looks at Alex's contact's name* Uh-oh. My spider sense is tingling.

Your tone seems fine to me, notsoevildm. I kind of expect a little rail-roading at the start of a game in any system, if only so the GM doesn't lose their mind trying to wrangle players into the start of the storyline.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 20 2012, 06:01 AM) *
That's what I meant by the need to give me a kick, thought I was missing something...will reply OoC to avoid confusion...
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Nov 19 2012, 06:13 PM) *
'Officially', Sprogget does not know about that potential step van in the loading bay yet.  Don't know if Alpha and Glyph know or not. Jazz can line up a vehicle, step van or a sedan perhaps? There are 7 of you to transport (including Tweak)...
I'll take that info to the meeting

From the mental planning post, Sprogget was wondering about something 'special' to knock LeFey out while transporting, with an antidote so do not need to sleep off 10 boxes of stun.  Either from the doc, or managed by the medkit.  Nothing RAW seems to fit. I'm sure such a thing exists in RL so should be available. A rt 10 tranq patch with antidote should do it...I'll even be nice and say you can find one...not sure how you'll explain Morgan sleeping but that's down to you lot...
I started with a base tranq patch, but had reservations for a couple of reasons.  First is that normal stun damage will overflow to physical, so need to get the dose/rating just right.  The other is that after one hour, there is a healing test from stun damage.  Travel time, especially if any extra to make sure security tags are dealt with, could be over an hour.  Waking up 'early' in that case could be unpleasant.  The tranq patch was already on the shopping list.  An antidote patch is a good game mechanism, but only works when applied before the original damage is taken.  SR4A207 Antidote spell, SR4A254 Power, SR4A255 Antidotes.  Medical facilities would normally have better control, by monitoring status plus timed release, to maintain desired state without actual damage.  If we can just [i]assume[i] the appropriate research/preparations, and spend for high rating tranq patch and antidote, that works for me.  Assuming plans go that way, and LeFey is willing.  GM 'kindness' would needed.  A rating 10 tranq patch is availability 20.  Not even restricted, but not purchased over the counter, and not something the Tribe would get as tech salvage.  Doc White, or my street doc contact are the most likely sources I know about. .. I was 'hoping' to find a way that no one would actually see her, once she was out.  Explaining someone in a Faraday cage would be a problem, sleeping or not, and Sprogget would probably be in just as bad of shape with a jammer, in the same vehicle.

I was going to save my spending till SP^3 got back 'home', to take delivery, but looks like not going to get there for awhile.  The shipment Sprogget has been waiting for must have been delivered to Freedom by mistake smile.gif  Or at least the part he wants along 'out on the town'. No problem, someone from the Mechanicals can easily run it over, you're not far away!!!
Works, with just a bit of delay for the planning, to know what to take.  Since so close, could even stop by to pickup supplies when leave the mall.  If timing allows, Sprogget would like to get the truck and trailer back to the 'barn' anyway.  Even if can not unload.

.. snip ..

.. character sheet stuff .. Happy with that, I do all my sheets in Google docs now! I then put any post gen additions in red so they stand out and a 'karma spent' list at the bottom. See my link to Silk in post 2...but how you do it is down to you as long as I can understand it smile.gif
I usually color code the newest items, to track what I am planning but have not implement yet, then have an extra column to tag the 'source' of items.  The source is a marker for when/where it was obtained.  I keep tweaking it as I discover things I want to record or show.  I'll see about adjusting it to provide a more concise view.

Sprogget used negotiation with Alexia, to get a better price on the [beat up] Peng You.  The value was set at 4000.  How much discount does the 2 net hits on the Negotiation test give Sprogget?  Just to keep my accounting straight.  I can not seem to locate any numbers in RAW. Say 5% off per hit? She got one hit on 8D
5% off.

Any guidelines for selling used gear, when upgrading and no longer need original?  Variation if the 'gear' can be handled by the normal tribal scavenging? Not that I'm aware of by RAW (anyone???), say 50% of list price...?If you want to put it into the 'scav' pot you can take it out in kind later...
In kind would work fine, since this would normally be trade-in / trade-up anyway.  At least if both old and new items match the 'conditions' for getting the equipment through the tribe.  50% otherwise
That blue is sure bright, at least when used in the quoted content.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 21 2012, 03:26 AM) *
@phlapjack:
Post up for Dante. Have some lunch and start an activity for the afternoon, but don't go too far.

Done.

In other news, I'd like to add a sim module to Dante's commlink if that's ok (I always forget to buy this). Commlink is connected to the datajack in his arm.

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 12 2012, 05:21 PM) *
I was also thinking about the air tank and as they are obvious arms, there could be a rebreather in the palm of the left hand requiring you to cover mouth and nose with to use tank.

I like that idea! I'll take it smile.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Nov 21 2012, 03:51 AM) *
In other news, I'd like to add a sim module to Dante's commlink if that's ok (I always forget to buy this). Commlink is connected to the datajack in his arm.
No problem with adding sim module. VR is much more fun than AR (and just a little more dangerous).

Notsoevildm
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Nov 20 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Wait. *looks at restaurant name* Okay. *looks at Alex's contact's name* Uh-oh. My spider sense is tingling.
Hehe, there are no coincidences in SR, but the name probably only popped into my head because I had seen it on your sheet. Probably. Did I mention that it used to be a mob hangout?
In any case, Alex's parents would probably know the exact relationship if he asked them but it's likely to be third cousin twice removed or something like that.
karhig
@VirtualScream

Catherine Dryad Face

Vitals
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Cyber/Bio
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Resources
[ Spoiler ]
Notsoevildm
@Aria:
A very short post up for Gossamer. Okay to move forward to round lunchtime (12:15:00).
A couple of questions:
Just how many kids does Argent have? I count Kei (toddler / young boy), Gael (teenage son) and at least two daughters aged somewhere inbetween.
Matrix access: I am assuming that Gossamer primarily operates out of the orderly (her home node) but I noticed she also has a commlink. Does she use that as her main contact number, rather than the orderly itself?
karhig
Sorry for the delay in my first post. I've been out the country for the last three days at a conference and now trying to catch up at work while fending off a cold. I'll try and get something up this evening!
Notsoevildm
@mister_j:
I've left Cipher having breakfast. Feel free to fill out what his next steps are likely to be. Should he stay or should he go? And where is he going? Don't advance the timeline much beyond what he does after his rather late breakfast.

@Big Peat:
Haven't forgotten about Uller. He is sitting pretty right where he is. biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 21 2012, 10:47 AM) *
@mister_j:
I've left Cipher having breakfast. Feel free to fill out what his next steps are likely to be. Should he stay or should he go? And where is he going? Don't advance the timeline much beyond what he does after his rather late breakfast.

Ok, no problem.

I wanted to ask you something also. For things that aren't story or mission critical are you happy for me to just say things happen without rolling. Eg the sprite I sent to find the next nights accommodation or in my next post I want to send a machine sprite to take over a drone taxi (I've already written the post). It's really just for roleplaying reasons. I haven't rolled compiling or anything though so I thought I'd check. I imagined these kinda things would be ok
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 21 2012, 12:13 PM) *
I wanted to ask you something also. For things that aren't story or mission critical are you happy for me to just say things happen without rolling. Eg the sprite I sent to find the next nights accommodation or in my next post I want to send a machine sprite to take over a drone taxi (I've already written the post). It's really just for roleplaying reasons. I haven't rolled compiling or anything though so I thought I'd check. I imagined these kinda things would be ok
For any general day-to-day roleplaying activities like spoofing a cab or a place to stay 'handwavium' rules are fine as long as it stays within current lifestyle limits. If you need to gauge the success level, use the 4 dice for 1 success rule as an indicator or we'll be swamped with matrix rolls. If I think something really needs a roll, I'll let you know even if that means going back and editing a post later.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 20 2012, 08:33 PM) *
Oh Jeez, I scanned the rules for AIs but not 100% sure of them myself. Here is what I understand.
As an AI, you count as 1 active program (this includes your starting inherent programs, if any - I'm guessing Drone: Defence, First Aid, Empathy and Lie Detection for Gossamer).
Any other programs that you are runnning in addition to the inherent ones count toward the load of the node you are currently in.
You also get some bonuses to the hardware capabilites of your home node (the medic drone for Gossamer).

Her inherant progs are Analyze, Scan, Decrypt, Exploit, Stealth all at [5]...technically by RAW I can't have inherant autosofts or sensor software (and it could be very broken if I did - empathy software 10 anyone?!? ork.gif). The drone ones are the autosofts loaded on the MetaAide. With the 1 prog for being an AI I think I can recaculate her program load. I went back and bought the drone a custom OS of 5 so she now has a system of 8 with the home node bonuses smile.gif Basically I can run a load of progs from there and hopefully avoid some confusion with lots of swapping later on.

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 21 2012, 11:09 AM) *
@Aria:
A very short post up for Gossamer. Okay to move forward to round lunchtime (12:15:00).
A couple of questions:
Just how many kids does Argent have? I count Kei (toddler / young boy), Gael (teenage son) and at least two daughters aged somewhere inbetween.

Argent's kids are listed under Ember's sheet but I'll copy the text here for completeness:
[ Spoiler ]

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Nov 21 2012, 11:09 AM) *
Matrix access: I am assuming that Gossamer primarily operates out of the orderly (her home node) but I noticed she also has a commlink. Does she use that as her main contact number, rather than the orderly itself?

Yes, she accesses the matrix from there - although I think that as she is effectively an Agent when she goes jaunting off in VR then I use the response and the signal of the node she's currently in (rather than the very good home node!). The commlink is for the shadowrunner trick of having a disposable to link a fake SIN to. I'm assuming that generally it's turned off and she displays Argent's legal SIN as her 'owner'. The fake one comes in to play when she's pretending to be human - although her shopping list is going to include for a higher rating of mimic so that she can pass more easily!!!

I've added my free contacts to the cha sheet and bought the disguise skill. 4 karma left...
Aria
Ok, typical prog loads recalculated (hope I've got this right, there shouldn't be any response decrease):

Typical Prog Load ‘in flesh’
PAN: Active, SIN: Charlotte Penthièvre (Owner), Response 8*, Signal 8*, System 8 (5), Firewall 8(4), (Analyze, Scan, Decrypt, Exploit, Stealth [5, inherent], Browse, Encrypt [6, ergo, optzd] / Drone: Covert Ops, Defence, First Aid [4], Homenode, Empathy, Lie Detection [3])

Typical Prog Load ‘in VR’
PAN: Hidden, SIN: None, Response *, Signal *, System 5, Firewall 4, (Analyze, Scan, Decrypt, Exploit, Stealth [5, inherent], Browse, Edit, Encrypt, Disarm [6, optzd]

* is of the current node. I'm assuming I have to use my inherent Firewall for the AI otherwise what would be the point of the stat...
Nightfalke
@Aria / Tribes

So what kind of info did I get in my original data search regarding security and layouts of LeFey's house and neighborhood? Gated community? Guards? Drones? Close Air Support? wink.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Nightfalke @ Nov 21 2012, 05:40 PM) *
@Aria / Tribes

So what kind of info did I get in my original data search regarding security and layouts of LeFey's house and neighborhood? Gated community? Guards? Drones? Close Air Support? wink.gif

I suspect a copy paste from the RC for the high to luxury security settings will give you a distressing indication of the sort of security you are up against! And it will probably all be public info as KE will want to sell their protection services!

I imagine it's a gated community, but I'm happy for you to liaise with RDMarquis on this because it's his vision!
faultline
@ Aria

Gah, 'm a bit behind in getting my crap together work switched me from graveyard to 2nd shift and totally fragged my sleep schedule

anyways looking to pick up the following from my mentor/fixer Natasha Zveryensky (still need to get than damn fluff/info post up about her)

FFBA full suit
directional Jammer R4 or higher barring that some wi-fi blocking paint
50 rounds Heavy Pistol ammo (regular)
50 rounds Heavy Pistol ammo (gel)
20 Hammerhead arrows
2 spare clips
2 flash-bang grenades
Tag eraser
hair/fur dye (there's got to be some sort of smart or nano dye if they have stuff like spectrum polish and snakeskin)
Notsoevildm
@karhig: Good first post. Does Cat wake before lunchtime (12:15:00)? If so, then post what she gets up to when she wakes. If not, give me an idea of just how much she had to drink the night before.

@Slacker: Perfect. Just where I want him. biggrin.gif

JxJxA
@ Aria: I like the turn our game is taking. I'm finally getting a chance to inject a little bit of Demon's predatory swagger into the otherwise gentlemanly Gemeaux. XD
RdMarquis
Speaking of which. Regarding the end of my last post. I'm assuming Mordred will survive this plotline (success is another matter) and the following four months. He still has two Edge to permanently burn and Karma to survive on. Though, if you have something hilariously lethal planned, I can scrap that idea.
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Nov 22 2012, 09:47 AM) *
@ Aria: I like the turn our game is taking. I'm finally getting a chance to inject a little bit of Demon's predatory swagger into the otherwise gentlemanly Gemeaux. XD

Happy to oblige smile.gif

QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Nov 22 2012, 09:55 AM) *
Speaking of which. Regarding the end of my last post. I'm assuming Mordred will survive this plotline (success is another matter) and the following four months. He still has two Edge to permanently burn and Karma to survive on. Though, if you have something hilariously lethal planned, I can scrap that idea.

No, it's extremely unlikely that Mordred will die. I'm loathe to kill off PCs unless they do something woefully stupid (you weren't planning to were you?!?). And anyway, if you turn up to the meet with one arm missing and a prosthetic leg it won't change the post ork.gif ...hell, Morgan could probably do a reasonable fake of you for a virtual meeting biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (faultline @ Nov 21 2012, 07:29 PM) *
@ Aria

Gah, 'm a bit behind in getting my crap together work switched me from graveyard to 2nd shift and totally fragged my sleep schedule

anyways looking to pick up the following from my mentor/fixer Natasha Zveryensky (still need to get than damn fluff/info post up about her)

FFBA full suit
directional Jammer R4 or higher barring that some wi-fi blocking paint
50 rounds Heavy Pistol ammo (regular)
50 rounds Heavy Pistol ammo (gel)
20 Hammerhead arrows
2 spare clips
2 flash-bang grenades
Tag eraser
hair/fur dye (there's got to be some sort of smart or nano dye if they have stuff like spectrum polish and snakeskin)

If you've got the funds none of this seems too outrageous! Technically the FFBA needs to be custom tailored to you though so just bear that in mind when writing this up IC...
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 22 2012, 10:34 AM) *
@E:CoP/Johnny Awesome
[August 20th, 2072, 21:10; NeoNet Tower, Oxford]

Johnny smiled briefly to himself. Youth and naïveté. She thought she was totally in control of the situation. At least, he hoped she only thought it... He dialed it back a bit in case he was getting carried away.

I love the irony in this ork.gif
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 22 2012, 12:55 PM) *
I love the irony in this ork.gif

Hehe. You can't play a playa wink.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 22 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Hehe. You can't play a playa wink.gif

Don't you believe it! devil.gif
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream:

In play and waiting for GM to advance to next stage:
Cipher, riding around in a cab while surfing the matrix
Uller, watching urban brawl in his apartment
Alex, in Carlucci's restaurant arguing with Selene about who's turn it is to pay the bill
Dante, playing cards with 'Lucky' Lee in the Hai Fuk restaurant and massage parlor
Dubstep, working on his spoof program

Waiting to hear from:
Aria on how Gossamer spends the rest of her morning / what she is doing for lunch
karhig on what Cat does between 11:00 and her virtual meeting at 12:00

@phlapjack77: Dante doesn't appear to have any gambling skills, so give me a straight edge roll to see how well he is doing against 'Lucky' Lee.
karhig
I've just realised that the crazy 2059 world with 4th edition ruleset I usually play in has left me wholly unprepared for how SINs integrate with commlinks. My regular character is using a throw away cell phone number to stay secure biggrin.gif

Should I be giving my fake IDs fake names, or just have multiple fake IDs with the same name to make it easier to track names? Is there any different in game terms? I'm away from my books right now and can't check, but if there isn't then I'm going to remove the silly names and just use her actual name for all of them, it's not worth the grief of silly names.

I think she has the common sense that she would have used a fake SIN to talk to Martha and will continue to do so to talk to other people, but she did refer to herself as Cat, so there's a bit of a mismatch in my story.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Nov 22 2012, 05:51 PM) *
I think she has the common sense that she would have used a fake SIN to talk to Martha and will continue to do so to talk to other people, but she did refer to herself as Cat, so there's a bit of a mismatch in my story.
Each fake SIN is typically linked to a separate commlink although in theory you could replace the current SIN with a new one if you knew what you were doing. For example, Copperhead (see sig) has two identical commlinks, each one loaded with a different fake SIN. I will assume that the Cat is using one of her fake SINs on her commlink - let me know one in next post - and that she accidentally let the name Cat slip while talking to Martha, bwuhahahah!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012