Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 25 2013, 06:30 PM) *
Yes, Spring can spend karma now if you want! As you are now running two characters I’m afraid you’ll have to split your karma allotment between them… it’s how we had intended to run it when I was playing multiples in a thread.

Sure, I'll make sure I'll spend the rest on Tweak. Maybe once we're back in camp, Tweak could split off towards Virtual Scream. Would still allowe some interaction between the two of them without me having two guys in the same story again.

Anyway, as for Spring:
Raising Summoning from 3 to 4: 8 Karma (now 10 spent out of 15)

When pulling out a hammer, pick the big one:
F4 Spirit of Fire, Optional Power: Fear
Magic 1 + Summoning 4 + Edge 6 (now at 4/6) = 11 dice for [2,[6, 3],2,[6, 3],[6, 5],5,1,2,5,1,5] = (7) Seven hits biggrin.gif
Spirit resisting: Force 4 + Edge 4 = 8 dice for [5,5,[6, 3],[6, 1],5,[6, 3],2,4] = (6) Err, oops, six hits. frown.gif
Spirit resisting with Edge is an optional rule, but I think it really fits here.
Trying to resist 12P drain: Body 3 + Edge 6 (now at 3/6) = 9 dice for [2,4,3,4,2,4,[6, 5],2,5] = (3) 3 hits, LOL

Got that wrong, see later post for correction.

So, he's got one service and takes 9P 7P. Good thing he hasn't been shot yet. Or else he'd drop uncouncious and there'd be an angry spirit on the loose. wink.gif
IC post coming up.
p.s.: Whew!

Edit:
Three points of Edge in one CR, 9P 7P damage but hey, that IC post was worth it. smile.gif

Edit 2:
For ease of reference:
F4 Spirit of Fire
Body 5
Agility 6
Reaction 7
Strength 2
Charisma 4
Intuition 4
Logic 4
Wilpower 4

Initiative (astral): 8, 3IPs
Initiative (materialised): 11, 2 IPs
Damage track: 10 boxes
Skills (all at 4):
Assensing, Astral Combat, Dodge, Exotic Ranged Weapon, Flight, Perception, Unarmed Combat
Powers:
Accident, Astral Form, Confusion, Elemental Aura, Engulf, Materialization, Sapience + Fear
ChromeZephyr
Damn, 7 hits on the shot with a slug round and I dent it? How is that car even able to move?
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Mar 26 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Damn, 7 hits on the shot with a slug round and I dent it? How is that car even able to move?

12 armour. Unless I've lost the plot, AP -1 and 7 damage won't get through no matter the number of hits?!? If I've got that wrong I'll have to modify my post nyahnyah.gif
ChromeZephyr
Unless something changed in SR4a that I don't know about you compare modified damage to armor, which is base damage + net hits against armor modified by AP. So, without knowing how many hits they rolled on dodge, I have a modified damage of 13 against Armor 11. I didn't know how much armor they've slabbed onto that, but I had thought I'd do more than dent plating. smile.gif
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes, Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 25 2013, 10:30 AM) *
.. snip ..
Yes, Spring can spend karma now if you want!  As you are now running two characters I’m afraid you’ll have to split your karma allotment between them… it’s how we had intended to run it when I was playing multiples in a thread.  It’s moot now as that thread died a death and has become the Balefire fiction I hope you are all reading smile.gif
Yep, looks like background for the virus.

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 19 2013, 11:50 PM) *
.. snip ..
monocyle body 6, armor 16, condition monitor 6/9
.. snip ..
Correction
monocyle body 6, armor 12, condition monitor 6/11

You cut him off, he didn’t crash though ork.gif
Was worth a try.  Guess he does know how to drive.

I’m working up the IC now but if anyone has any more actions around end of 4 beginning of 5 now is the time to say!  Mental note to self: ensure people are on the same kind of IPs in a pbp game…less of a headache nyahnyah.gif
Same problem with in person gaming, especially when matrix or astral activity happening that does not correspond to meatspace.  The hacker has a whole battle while the rest of the team takes a few steps down the hallway.  Here was not as bad [for Sprogget], since he had both meat and matrix actions going.  He was getting about one meat related action per combat round with the rest being maneuver and matrix.  LeO will change that <evil grin>

.. snip ..

Initiative:
Tweak Ini 16 (3IPs) Sprogget: Ini 11 (1IPs)/13 (3IPs) Scrapheap: Ini 12 (1IPs) Spring Ini 9 (1IPs) LeFey: Ini 8 (1IPs)
LeO ini 10 3IP

.. snip ..

Note on timings…we’ve only had about 20 seconds of action so far so don’t expect the Freedom cavalry for a bit unless they happen to be wondering around nearby…at this rate you’ll have polished off the foe before they can blink biggrin.gif

If I got the scene layout correct, Monocycle and Harley were westbound across the lanes, with Monocycle to the South.  With the swerve to cut off the Harley (4.2) and followup, the monocycle and Harley should now be headed North (again), somewhat behind the (west side) racing bike that Scrapheap took out.  Since Sprogget spotted LeO as he was preparing to ram the Harley, I'll say LeO is coming off of the roof of a building on the West side of the road, starting a bit South of the action.  About where the Van got to when Tweak did the full reverse.

4.3 Sprogget drive complex action.
5.1 Sprogget drive complex action while reviewing [tactical] situation

@Dakka Fiend,  Does spring want to sic that Fire Spirit on the mage?  Sprogget needs to decide what LeO should be targeting.  He can either decide that the mage is still the major threat, especially since he will be coming up on Scrapheap's position shortly, or put a full burst into that wannabe tank that seems to be still coming.

Also:
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 26 2013, 05:53 AM) *
.. snip ..

When pulling out a hammer, pick the big one:
F4 Spirit of Fire, Optional Power: Fear
Magic 1 + Summoning 4 + Edge 6 (now at 4/6) = 11 dice for [2,[6, 3],2,[6, 3],[6, 5],5,1,2,5,1,5] = (7) Seven hits biggrin.gif
By RAW, that would not be possible.  You can summon a spirit with force higher than your magic rating, but only up to 2 times magic.
QUOTE (SR4A188 Summoning)
The summoned spirit’s Force is limited by the magician’s Magic attribute.  If the magician wants to summon a spirit with Force higher than her Magic, follow the same rules as given for Overcasting spells (p. 182) and apply Physical Drain.  No magician may summon a spirit whose Force is greater than twice her Magic attribute.

@Aria, I'm good with the results, but LeO can do 2 long bursts in a single action phase, due to the High Velocity mod on the Ares Alpha.

Playing with Google Maps "My Places".  Took a copy of the Seattle map, and split the content into separate 'layers' maps.
Distrct Boundaries
Barrens Boundaries (currently only Puyallup)
Area Boundaries (currently only Hells Kitchen)
Infrastructure Areas Freedom and Mechanicals homes
PC homes and contacts
Dumpshock 4-1-1 feature points (only a couple for now)
SS2050 Feature points
Facility Sites
Scenes and Encounters zoomed to E:Tribes being ambushed by Spined Drakes

Those maps can be viewed as multiple overlays at the same time, but apparently only if they are saved (bookmarked) in your own "My Places".  Nuisance if you just want to use a link to get the view to zoom and scroll around in.  experimented with the symbols for the ambush.

I would like to find a better mashup for the mapping, but I have it so that each of those (and more) can be managed separately, then merged back into a single map for viewing. More later.
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 26 2013, 09:32 PM) *
@Dakka Fiend,  Does spring want to sic that Fire Spirit on the mage?  Sprogget needs to decide what LeO should be targeting.  He can either decide that the mage is still the major threat, especially since he will be coming up on Scrapheap's position shortly, or put a full burst into that wannabe tank that seems to be still coming.

Also:By RAW, that would not be possible.  You can summon a spirit with force higher than your magic rating, but only up to 2 times magic.

Still unsure whether to pick mage or minigun-equiped car as well. Playing Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock, why not use a bullet hose to deal with the mage and magic to deal with the wannabe tank?

And yes, Spring can summon a F4 spirit (although only barely survive it). He only gets to roll one point of Magic in the test, but for determining summoning/oversummoning imits the full rating applies. Just like he only has one point's worth of Adept powers, but he still can get Freefall lvl 2. Aren't Mystic Adepts fun?
Notsoevildm
@Aria/Chi Town
Copperhead will move into partial or good cover if she can get it (that's a -1/-2 to her attack dice pool and +2/+4 on defence rolls or -2/-4 on Snag's attack rolls (optional rule)).

She will also perceive astrally (that's another -2 to her attack dice pool but will hopefully negate any bonus/mods Snag is getting for his spell/power). If he is somehow displaced, she'll keep perceiving (assuming the -2 for perceiving is less than the penalty for the displacement effect).

As her chances to hit are basically crap with a -3/-4 to hit, she will aim for +1 meaning she only fires 1 shot per round (resulting in a net -2/-3 dice on to hit rolls).

If going by the book - extra 2/4 dice of defending:
4d6.hits(5) → [3,3,5,2] = (1), 0/1
4d6.hits(5) → [3,6,4,5] = (2), 1/2
4d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,3] = (1), 0/1
4d6.hits(5) → [6,3,3,4] = (1), 1/1
4d6.hits(5) → [1,2,2,5] = (1), 0/1

If you just want a set of new rolls, let me know.

Beastie Boy continues to try and munch on Snag in phase 2 (and phase 3 if attacking on astral).

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 26 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Still unsure whether to pick mage or minigun-equiped car as well. Playing Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock, why not use a bullet hose to deal with the mage and magic to deal with the wannabe tank?

And yes, Spring can summon a F4 spirit (although only barely survive it). He only gets to roll one point of Magic in the test, but for determining summoning/oversummoning imits the full rating applies. Just like he only has one point's worth of Adept powers, but he still can get Freefall lvl 2. Aren't Mystic Adepts fun?
I'll have LeO take another shot at the mage then.

Ah right. The difference between actual attribute and useable dice.
Dakka Fiend

Forgot I still haven't posted what Tweak's doing for 4.2 and 4.3. Think he can ram someone in 5.1 if he keeps accelerating in 4.2 and 4.3?
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Quick update just so you know I haven't forgotten about you.

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Awaiting delivery of Living Doll chassis. Currently poking dormant virtual scream virus on her main chassis. GM to post

Mister J/Cipher - In nice comfy hospital bed examining virtual scream data in his head. Currently on minus (lots) due to cocktail of drugs being pumped into him. Need some rolls (analyze, browse, decrypt) from Mister J or please repost if I missed them.

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Outside door in appartment block. Attempting to con gangers into opening door. GM to post.

Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Cat has just got the attention of anything with (or without) a pulse in the restaurant. Dubstep is hacking commlinks and Dante is getting ready to shoot Jasons. GM to post.

MachineGhost/Sprogget - Hunter sprite out hunting. GM to post. Waiting for current combat scene to finish! Or failing that, a suitably inappropriate moment for the sprite to return.

Uller/The Big Peat - Last seen lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Possibly killed by knife wielding troll.
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 26 2013, 03:40 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/All

Good to know. I'm itching to find out what (if any) connection there is between these gangers and the scream. smile.gif
Dakka Fiend

QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 26 2013, 01:53 PM) *
Trying to resist 12P drain: Body 3 + Edge 6 (now at 3/6) = 9 dice for [2,4,3,4,2,4,[6, 5],2,5] = (3) 3 hits, LOL

This is wrong, wrong, wrong. Somehow I got into soak-damage mindset. But it's drain! I'd do it without Edge, but 12P is an awful lot. So, replace the above with:
Trying to resist 12P drain: Wilpower 5 + Logic 5 + Edge 6 (now 3/6) = 16 dice for [4,3,4,[6, 2],5,2,5,4,4,4,4,[6, 3],5,2,1,3] = (5) 5 hits.
Still taking 7P, no need to edit IC.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 26 2013, 02:40 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/All
.. snip ..
MachineGhost/Sprogget - Hunter sprite out hunting. GM to post. Waiting for current combat scene to finish! Or failing that, a suitably inappropriate moment for the sprite to return.
.. snip ..
I think you missed your best chance there grinbig.gif While Sprogget was trying to juggle meatspace and matrix actions. Barring big surprises, he could now safely take an action to file hunters report for later in-depth review.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 26 2013, 02:33 PM) *

Forgot I still haven't posted what Tweak's doing for 4.2 and 4.3. Think he can ram someone in 5.1 if he keeps accelerating in 4.2 and 4.3?
Cutting off the Harley 'slowed' him enough for LeO to get a shot at. Maybe enough for you to catch too, especially if he is focusing on the drone threat. ... And if Leo does not get him first.
Machine Ghost
Notes on attacks by LeO

QUOTE (SR4A148 Fire Mounted or Vehicle Weapon)
A character may fire a ready mounted or vehicle weapon by taking a Complex Action.

Looks like LeO can only fire a single burst, even though a long burst is only a simple action with the mods used. Unless I missed something for drone controlled weapons.

Ares Alpha: SR4A318 Assault Rifle
Range 0-50; 51-150; 151-350; 351-550
High Velocity AR152, AR26
Mode FA: long burst or full burst
- (up to) 2 long bursts in a single action phase

Full burst: 12 bullets, -11 dice pool modifier
- Narrow Burst: +11 DV modifier to the attack
- Wide Burst: -11 modifier to defenders dice pool

Attack multiple targets:
- 2 targets, 2 long bursts
- 3 targets, 1 long, 2 short bursts
- 4 targets, 3 short bursts
** full burst SR4-144

SR4A153: Burst Fire
simple action per burst, each burst using a separate attack test
recoil (before compensation) = number of bullets fired in burst minus 1, plus number of previous bursts in action phase

Narrow burst: do more damage to the target (assuming hit)
- increase attack DV by (number of bullets fired - 1)
Wide burst: increase chance to hit
- decrease defender dice pool by (number of bullets fired - 1)

SR4A150 Ranged Combat
Modifiers:
Range: no modifier out to 150m (all range modifiers reduced by 1 by improved range finder mod)
Range 0-50(0); 51-150(0); 151-350(-2); 351-550(-5)
Attacker Running: No
Attacker in Melee: No
Attacker in Moving vehicle: weapon mounted, does not apply
Attacker firing from cover: No
Attacker using laser sight: No
Attacker using smartlinked weapon: +2
Attacker using image magnification: No
Attacker using a second firearm: No
Attacker using off-hand weapon: No
Attacker wounded: No
Aimed Shot No:
Blind Fire No:
Recoil:
- SA 0/-1; Short Burst -2/-3; Long Burst -5/-6; Full Burst -11
- Heavy weapon: 2 x uncompensated recoil
Recoil compensation: Special Chamber Design(2); Gyro Stablization(6); Gas-Vent 3(3); Electronic Firing(1); drone body(3) = 15
** I did not need the Gas-Vent system or electronic firing. Electronic firing just makes sense for a drone though.
- Burst Modifier: (number of bullets fired - 1): (short/long/full) (3/6/12) ==> (2/5/11)
Targeting(4)+Optimize(1)+Pilot(3)+Smartlink(2)+Tacnet(2)=12d6 vs REA + (Dodge or Pilot) -(Wide burst modifier)

Base DV 6P AP -1
Modified DV 6+(net hits)+(Narrow Burst Modifier) vs Modified Armor
modified armor: Armor - AP
SR4A167 Vehicle Armor: If an attack’s modified DV does not exceed a vehicle’s modified Armor rating, then the attack automatically fails.

Narrow Burst
Targeting(4)+Optimize(1)+Pilot(3)+Smartlink(2)+Tacnet(2)=12d6 vs REA

Targeting(4)+Optimize(1)+Pilot(3)+Smartlink(2)+Tacnet(2)=12d6 vs REA + (Dodge or Pilot)

Wide Burst
Targeting(4)+Optimize(1)+Pilot(3)+Smartlink(2)+Tacnet(2)=12d6 vs REA - (Wide burst modifier)
Modified DV 6+(net hits) vs Modified Armor

Targeting(4)+Optimize(1)+Pilot(3)+Smartlink(2)+Tacnet(2)=12d6 vs REA + (Dodge or Pilot) - (Wide burst modifier)
Modified DV 6+(net hits) vs Modified Armor

SR4A150 ranged combat summary, about autofire not counting when comparing modified DV to modified armor **seems** to be referring (only) to deciding whether physical damage converts to stun or not. Those modifiers should still apply to deciding if an attack on an armored vechicle fails or not. If not, then need some serious armor penetration to get through. Or maybe electrical? Is that what the mage used?

IC said the mage is using the armoured cowl for protection. Is he still a valid / visible target? Choices seem to be: shoot at the mage directly; shoot at the mage using blind fire; shoot at the Harley; Shoot at both using Full-auto.
IC said the Harley is headed north. LeO is coming in from the South. Is that cowl really protection?

QUOTE (SR4A171 Damage and Passengers)
In the case of ramming, full-auto and area-effect attacks, both passengers and vehicles resist the damage equally.

Being unsure what LeO can see and damage, Sprogget is going to go for the conservative approach. Spew lead.

The pregen rolls were missing the smartgun modifier, so a couple extra dice belong in there. That 2nd roll looks good without them.
ChromeZephyr
No, no, no. LeO softens him up and gets him not paying attention to the getting-louder-by-the-second-sound of the van until SPLAT. Scrapheap would probably text him to run over the dude a few more times and give him help lining up the tires. biggrin.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Mar 26 2013, 05:10 PM) *
No, no, no. LeO softens him up and gets him not paying attention to the getting-louder-by-the-second-sound of the van until SPLAT. Scrapheap would probably text him to run over the dude a few more times and give him help lining up the tires. biggrin.gif
Is hamburger soft enough for you?  Of course, I'd like to take out the mage, and have the Harley slide to a stop right beside Scrapheap.  Here's some new (slight mis-used and abused) wheels for you scrap.  We're in 'home' territory now, so you don't need to hide in the back of the van any more.  The van that keeps running into things smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
See, this is why we keep you around, Sprog. Even if it's only a Harley *spits*.

grinbig.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 13 2013, 06:07 AM) *
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 13 2013, 12:19 AM) *

This is assuming I can hit the mage. At least the magnification will take off any distance penalties.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) + Tacnet (2) = 10d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970370/

5 hits. Reloading will have to wait till the next round. I used up all my actions, here.

Here are a couple more defense rolls, if you need them.

Reaction with Good Cover:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970375/
1 hit.

Ballistic Armor:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970376/
1 hit.
Whilst I know what RAW says I defy anyone to use a mag scope on the back of a swerving bike!  Any movement is magnified so it'll be constantly sweeping across your target and most of the time giving you a nice view of building / asphalt biggrin.gif

IC coming up for you lot once I've sorted Copperhead and the Promised Land crew!

Old post, but I thought I should add a couple of comments about RAW.

QUOTE (SR4A150 Attacker Using Image Magnification)
The character must take a Take Aim action (p. 148) to “lock onto” the target (the Take Aim does not apply a +1 aiming bonus for this purpose, unless additional Take Aim actions are made). As long as the target and attacker do not move, the attacker remains locked on and may continue to get the image magnification bonus on subsequent actions without further Take Aim actions.
Using image magnification needs a simple action to get the range reduction, and with either party moving would be needed again every action phase to hold the lock.
Shooting an unmounted weapon from a moving vehicle incurs a –3 modifier. See Gunnery, p. 171.
There's the minus for the vehicle motion.  Image magnification is still possible, because the tech is smart enough to compensate for the motion.  Think tiny motion / acceleration sensors in the imaging gear, along with the view point being electronically controlled.  Super version of the vibration cancelling built into some IRL cameras.  If you needed to keep the actual eyes tracking the target, yeah it would be a mess (REAL mess if you are prone to motion sickness).  But letting the tech mostly control the view makes it doable.

QUOTE (SR4A159 Defense Modifiers Table)
Defender inside a moving vehicle +3
QUOTE (Damage and Passengers)
Attacks must specifically target either the passengers (in which case, the vehicle is unaffected) or the vehicle itself (in which case, the passengers are not affected). The exceptions to this rule are ramming, full-automatic bursts and area-effect weapon attacks like grenades and rockets—these attacks affect both passengers and vehicles.

If an attack is made against passengers, make a normal Attack Test, but the passengers are always considered to be under Good Cover (though the Blind Fire modifier may apply to the attacker as the situation dictates.) Passengers attempting to defend an attack inside a vehicle suffer a –2 dice pool modifier to their dodge, since they are somewhat limited in movement. Additionally, the passengers gain protection from the vehicle’s chassis, adding the Armor of the vehicle to any personal armor the characters are wearing. Called shots may be used to circumvent one armor or the other but not both.

In the case of ramming, full-auto and area-effect attacks, both passengers and vehicles resist the damage equally.
Those seem to be expecting closed vehicles. I would *expect* bike riders to have less protection, and the [enclosed] monocycle to be somewhat in between {orientation matters with the monocycle, from fully visible, to full blind fire with good armor}

The above information is still 'incomplete'. Some modifiers affect whether an attack hits or not, others affect the damage resistance. If I did a 'full' post on the interactions I see, this would become several pages.
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
Will get some rolls/ action up here in a sec (if its alright by you ill do a post that gets me current with flash backs later when appropriate for the Israel bit).
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 27 2013, 05:40 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/All
Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Cat has just got the attention of anything with (or without) a pulse in the restaurant. Dubstep is hacking commlinks and Dante is getting ready to shoot Jasons. GM to post.

You're kind of assuming there, aren't you? Maybe Dante is just going to hand the gun over and th....frag it, no use denying it. He's definitely going to shoot him some Jasons smile.gif
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 26 2013, 09:12 PM) *
Seeing a hint of ghostly fire from Spring's location, he wonders,
@self:What's he up to over there?

Actually, freshly summoned spirits pop up in the astral but do they do automatically manifest...
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 27 2013, 04:35 PM) *
Actually, freshly summoned spirits pop up in the astral but do they do automatically manifest...

Pretty sure they don't
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 27 2013, 09:54 AM) *
Pretty sure they don't

QUOTE ("SR4 @ p. 179")
Summoned spirits appear on the astral plane and manifest
so that they are visible in the physical world as a ghostly image.

If Street Magic says anything about that, I haven't found it.
phlapjack77
dang! once again tripped up by the manifest / materialize difference frown.gif

that'll teach me to try to work and post smile.gif
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 27 2013, 10:03 AM) *
dang! once again tripped up by the manifest / materialize difference frown.gif

that'll teach me to try to work and post smile.gif

Not post while at work? But, what is one supposed to do then? Coffee break? Interact with cow-orkers? Deal with customers? Surely, you jest.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 27 2013, 05:13 PM) *
Not post while at work? But, what is one supposed to do then? Coffee break? Interact with cow-orkers? Deal with customers? Surely, you jest.

I know, I know, it's crazy talk smile.gif And stop calling me Shirley!
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 27 2013, 10:21 AM) *
And stop calling me Shirley!

Oh sh... thought it was Tuesday.
The Israel stuff/ backstory etc:
[ Spoiler ]

Here are the rolls for the next few posts.

Currently Masked to appear mundane.

Summoning roll f5 spirit of man to coerce the kid: (Angel of Saint Alban (patron saint of refugees)):

m5 +summoning(man) 7 + dark king 2 = 14d6

14d6.hits(5) [1,4,5,2,1,2,4,6,5,6,6,3,6,2] = (6)

Spirit attempts to resist

5d6.hits(5) [3,3,3,2,4] = (0)

lol well guess i get 6 services :D never had a zero on resistance.

Resisting Drain of minimum 2S with centering

8 cha + 5 wi + 3 centering focus + 2 init grade = 18d6 to resist:

18d6.hits(5) [5,5,3,4,5,6,5,1,1,4,1,5,5,1,6,6,4,6] = (10)

No Drain

Just forgot to account for background count. Using NSEDM's post 2839 as reference (background of 1) ill just take off right to left dice wise and then factor in for the rest of this.

(though i did notice that he summoned (not called up) 4 spirits when by raw (unless it was changed in sr4a?) only one unbound spirit can be called at a time. Not trying to call him out just want to be sure this rule is still in effect in 4a?

Same amount of services owed though I roll 9 successes rather than 10 on the drain resist so no net affect.

Order Spirit of St. Alban to influence the kid into locating any signals/ matrix activity and lead me to them, particularly in the direction I saw the troll running.

1 service used 5 owed

Magic (4)5 + (4)Cha 5 vs kids willpower:

8d6.hits(5) [4,2,4,5,3,6,1,2] = (2)

heres hoping the kid with the bloody nose loses his willpower test :(

---------------------------------------------------------

At 11:59pm July 8th dismiss the Spirit of St. Alban with my thanks and heartfelt wish to see him again. 0 services owed.

12:01pm July 9th summon spirit of man f5 (St. Edmund the Martyr (patron saint of Vengeance)):

m4(5) + summoning(man) 7 + dark king = 13d6 Physical drain

13d6.hits(5) [2,5,6,6,1,6,1,5,4,3,1,4,4] = (5)

spirit resists 4(5):

4d6.hits(5) [3,1,2,6] = (1)

4 services owed.

After summoning the spirit because he heard gunfire, Anselm cast imp reflexes.

f3(2) imp reflexes:

m5(4) + Spellcasting 5 = 9d6

9d6.hits(5) [6,4,4,1,5,3,3,5,6] = (4)

using 3 successes to get +2 IP + 2 ini.

Moving spell to sustaining focus.

Resisting Drain 3S

Cha 8 + will 5 + centering focus 3 + init grade 2 = 18d6

18d6.hits(5) [4,6,3,3,6,1,5,3,4,5,2,4,1,3,5,4,2,5] = (6)

No drain. No sweat.

When I hear the rifle fire/ combat commences I get up on building to the south of the hab units:

Initiative:

8d6

8d6.hits(5) [1,1,5,2,1,4,4,5] = (2)

10 and 3 IPS

Order of proposed actions:

IP 1.1:
free:observe in detail (look at bridge/gunfire)
Simple:Astrally Perceive.
Simple: Will be giving orders for the spirit to stunbolt as many of the incoming ghouls going after the kids and the two runners outside.
1.2:
Free:Centering
Complex: Cast Trid Phantasm of a tiny cloud of steam on myself.

f7 trid phant (7p drain)

m4(5) + spellcasting 5 = 9d6

9d6.hits(5) [6,6,5,1,5,5,5,1,5] = (7)

yeesh ok well using all 7 successes and holding that on my person.

6 success threshold to see past the spell (the -1 for background ofc).

drain resist 7p:

8 cha + 5 wi + 3 cent focus + 2 init grade = 18d6

18d6.hits(5) [2,2,4,5,6,6,4,4,2,6,6,5,6,3,1,6,2,4] = (8)

no drain 0.o eye popping drain roll there I think Invisible Castle likes me a tad too much.

free:centering
Complex: Cast levitate on self

Cast f4 levitate:

M4(5) + spellcasting 5 - 2 sustaining penalty (trid) = 7d6

7d6.hits(5) [1,3,4,5,2,1,4] = (1)

Easily lift myself and gear (1 hit per 200kg). Floating over to the top of coppers building at 4m/turn.

Drain Resist 3S:

18d6.hits(5) [6,4,2,5,4,1,4,5,3,6,3,5,5,6,6,4,3,3] = (8)

no drain.

-----------------
Round 2 Initiative:

8d6.hits(5) [4,6,3,5,5,1,5,6] = (5)

Initiative in round 2 is 13 and 3 IP

2.1:
Free:drop levitate
Complex:Recast Levitate

f5 levitate:

7d6.hits(5) [3,1,4,4,2,1,4] = (0)

nada.... gah!

Resist 3S drain:

Cha 8 + 5 will = 13d6

13d6.hits(5) [5,5,5,5,3,6,2,5,6,4,3,5,2] = (8)

no drain.

2.2:
free:centering invocation for patience
complex:Cast levitate

f5 levitate:

7d6.hits(5) [2,6,6,4,6,6,5] = (5)

hot dawg! patience worked! Moving towards the top of copper's building @(1 hit to pick up myself (less than 200kg), 4x 4 = 16m/turn.

Resisting drain:

8 cha + 5 wi + 3 cent focus + 2 init grade = 18d6

18d6.hits(5) [3,3,1,6,1,4,2,3,1,3,1,4,5,1,1,3,5,2] = (3)

barely make no drain and barely miss a glitch.

2.3:
not sure

My spirits IPS:

Initiative Round 1:

force = 4 (5-1bckgnd) so according to my book *dont have sr4a thats 12 base init. Just tick of dice from the right if it got changed?

12d6.hits(5) [1,2,5,3,3,3,1,4,4,1,6,2] = (2)

14 initiative 2 Ips

Actions:

Hell maintain los on the baddies attacking the kids and just rain stunbolts from heaven on them.

Cast f5 stunbolt:

m4+spell 4 = 8d6

giving you ten bolts rolled out, figured youd want to roll drain for the spirit so i just know whats up if he disrupts etc.
Drain is 1P (since hes technically f4 due to the background count of 1) per bolt

Drain Resist Pool is:

8d6

Damage(assuming no resist, 4S base (f5-1 bckgnd)
8d6.hits(5) → [1,6,2,4,5,2,5,5] = (4) 8S

8d6.hits(5) → [2,2,2,5,5,2,5,6] = (4) "
8d6.hits(5) → [2,6,5,1,6,5,3,1] = (4) "
8d6.hits(5) → [6,2,3,4,4,4,5,6] = (3) 7S
8d6.hits(5) → [5,1,6,2,5,3,3,3] = (3) "
8d6.hits(5) → [1,3,1,2,6,3,2,3] = (1) 5S
8d6.hits(5) → [4,5,2,2,6,3,5,3] = (3) 7S
8d6.hits(5) → [2,4,3,2,6,6,4,5] = (3) "
8d6.hits(5) → [2,4,2,6,4,4,3,4] = (1) 5S
8d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,1,4,1,6,6] = (3) 7S

Some Pregened rolls for Mr.Hill:

Visual Perception (lowlight):
(int 3 + perc(vis) 3 + 3 vis enhance + 0 (LL partial light conditions (referencing the moon etc)) +2 dark king = 11d6 (before mods other than light conditions)

ten rolls

11d6.hits(5) → [1,3,6,2,3,2,6,2,5,4,5] = (4)
11d6.hits(5) → [1,2,3,3,4,3,5,3,4,5,2] = (2)
11d6.hits(5) → [6,6,5,1,4,3,1,1,4,3,2] = (3)
11d6.hits(5) → [2,4,4,4,3,1,4,6,1,2,3] = (1)
11d6.hits(5) → [5,4,1,6,2,2,3,1,2,4,5] = (3)
11d6.hits(5) → [1,6,3,2,5,2,4,2,4,2,3] = (2)
11d6.hits(5) → [4,2,3,2,3,1,3,6,6,5,1] = (3)
11d6.hits(5) → [3,3,4,6,6,6,6,5,1,5,3] = (6)
11d6.hits(5) → [1,1,6,3,1,3,4,4,1,2,1] = (1)
11d6.hits(5) → [6,2,4,4,5,5,5,6,3,1,4] = (5)

Visual Perception (thermal)
(int 3 + perc(vis) 3 + 3 vis enhance -2 partial light thermo + 2 dark king = 9d6 etc etc):

ten rolls

9d6.hits(5) → [1,6,6,1,4,6,6,1,3] = (4)
9d6.hits(5) → [5,2,2,4,3,4,1,2,5] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [1,4,6,5,5,5,3,5,2] = (5)
9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,6,2,3,1,5,6,5] = (4)
9d6.hits(5) → [2,5,6,2,2,4,5,6,3] = (4)
9d6.hits(5) → [4,1,6,5,1,6,1,4,1] = (3)
9d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,6,1,6,6,4,3] = (4)
9d6.hits(5) → [6,6,5,5,2,6,2,1,4] = (5)
9d6.hits(5) → [5,6,3,1,1,1,1,1,4] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [4,3,6,5,5,6,3,6,6] = (6)

Auditory Perception:
Oh damn...:

(Int 3 + perc 1 + 2 dark king = 6d6 base)

ten rolls

6d6.hits(5) → [3,1,1,3,6,1] = (1)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,5,2,5,1,1] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [2,3,4,5,1,5] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,1,3,4,6,4] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [3,5,2,4,3,2] = (1)
6d6.hits(5) → [4,3,1,1,5,5] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,6,4,3] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3,3,5,2] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,4,6,2] = (2)
6d6.hits(5) → [6,4,6,5,2,5] = (4)

For some reason the post got refused when i had links to invisible castle. Ive kept the original text with urls in the notepad if you want to read them over etc but had to remove them to get this damned thing to post.
Slacker
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 26 2013, 10:45 PM) *
You're kind of assuming there, aren't you? Maybe Dante is just going to hand the gun over and th....frag it, no use denying it. He's definitely going to shoot him some Jasons smile.gif

I can't help but be disturbed when you say that with such glee since my real name is Jason. lol
mister__joshua
You haven't missed them, I haven't had chance to do the rolls yet, or reply in the CoP thread. Apologies. I'll get back on top of our soon
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 27 2013, 01:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 26 2013, 01:12 PM) *

Seeing a hint of ghostly fire from Spring's location, he wonders,
@self:What's he up to over there?

Even without manifesting, there is
Noticing if someone is using a magical skill requires a Perception Test (p. 135) with a threshold equal to 6 minus the magic’s Force. More powerful magic is easier to spot with the gathered mana normally appearing as a disturbance or glowing aura in the air around the caster. The gamemaster should apply additional modifiers as appropriate, or if the perceiver is Awakened themselves (+2 dice), astrally perceiving (+2 dice), or if a shamanic mask is evident (+2 dice).
Given the numbers, it would not take much of a perception test to notice Spring summoning the Spirit, even before it arrived. RAW does not say anything (that I have seen) about mixing that with overcasting, but I would expected the additional strain would make it more obvious as well.

The intent of the IC was just to indicate that although Sprogget is familiar with magic from growing up in the Mechanicals tribe, and their use of magic (as a group), it is not really his area. Even if was sure Spring was 'doing magic', he would not know what the magic was, and what it was going to do.
So i guess im going to have Anselm starting on that big advertisement assembly slightly south of the hab complex that copper is in currently. Google maps makes that out to be about 40m distance to the roof of her building.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Mar 26 2013, 07:26 PM) *
Unless something changed in SR4a that I don't know about you compare modified damage to armor, which is base damage + net hits against armor modified by AP. So, without knowing how many hits they rolled on dodge, I have a modified damage of 13 against Armor 11. I didn't know how much armor they've slabbed onto that, but I had thought I'd do more than dent plating. smile.gif

Sorry, my fault, I was thinking of the DV mod for burst fire etc which doesn't count when comparing against armour, hits do...doh! So there's a steaming big dent but the vehicle is still limping! ...limping very badly!!!
ChromeZephyr
Okay, just glad I'm not missing something completely obvious. So it's still moving, but slower? ork.gif

Scrapheap's apparently a devotee of Khorne. He's not going to shoot the car again, even he can see that he put that slug right where he should and it just slowed it down. So he'll actually run at the car. The plan with the remaining actions this turn are thusly: Free action to run at car. Simple action to climb car and head for the roof...where the hole in the armor is. Next turn, assuming the car hasn't run his dumb ass over, the plan will be to shoot the people inside the car.
RdMarquis
Mordred's going to echo that move. Admittedly, against a much smaller target and practically invisible. Still quite a bit more aggressive than usual.

Reaction (5) + Intuition (3) = 8d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3995766/

4 hits, for an Initiative of 12.

Pistols (4) + Logic (5) + Smartgun (2) + Semiautomatics (2) = 13d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3995768/

4 hits on both bursts, aimed at the nearest hostile. He's using EX-Explosive Rounds, so the damage will be 7P, -2 AP.
Notsoevildm
Yay, B-Team to the rescue!
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 28 2013, 12:16 PM) *
Yay, B-Team to the rescue!

Stop cheering and go write IC replies to Virtual Scream already biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 28 2013, 07:29 PM) *

Yeah, I want to shoot me some Jasons* ! biggrin.gif

*gangers that wear hockey masks in the 2070's, not anyone actually named Jason
mister__joshua
Right, finally getting my rolls done for Cipher! \o/

3 hits to thread browse, 2 to thread encrypt
2 rolls to resist fading (11d6.hits(5)=2)
and because I only did 1 of the 2 (11d6.hits(5)=4)
Data Search, Browse, +VR (9d6.hits(5)=2)
Computer, Encrypt, +VR (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Computer+Analyze+VR (12d6.hits(5)=3)

That should be all of them I think. Is there also a +2 bonus just for being a technomancer or have I imagined that? I haven't included it anyway, so tehre's an extra half a hit on some of the rolls.
yes because you are always in vr and technos get a bonus for that
karhig
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 28 2013, 02:24 PM) *
Yeah, I want to shoot me some Jasons* ! biggrin.gif

*gangers that wear hockey masks in the 2070's, not anyone actually named Jason

I'm going to bribe him with cupcakes soon and see if that expedites posts smile.gif
JxJxA
@Aria/E:PL Chicago:

I'll have Gemeaux set up sniper camp about 300 meters from the ghoul ambush. If there's some high ground, I'll climb up and take shots from there.

Thrillseeker: Need 2 hits
Will(4) + Cha(3) = 7d6 for 2 hits. No running face-first into ghouls for me!

Initiative: Init 16/ 3 IP
React(8) + Int(3) = 11d6 for 5 hits.

Here are the stats for my sniper rifle: Walther MA-2100
Mods: Internal silencer, skinlinked, chameleon coating, improved range finder
Short Range: 0-150m
Medium Range: 150-350m (Penalty negated by improved range finder)
RC: 1
AP: Base(3) + EX Explosive(1)= 4
DV: Base(7) + EX Explosive(1) = 8P

Free Action: Aim at closest ghoul
Shot #1: Shoot closest ghoul
Agi(9) + Long(5) + Spec(2) + Smart(2) + Aim(1) - Range(1-1) = 19d6 for 8 hits. (forgot to include aim, but whatevs)
Shot #2: Hit ghoul again, or shoot next closest ghoul
Agi(9) + Long(5) + Spec(2) + Smart(2) - Range(1-1) = 18d6 for 5 hits.

8 bullets left in the clip
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 28 2013, 09:00 AM) *
yes because you are always in vr and technos get a bonus for that
Not quite. When a TM is in VR, it is always hot sim, to get that bonus. Not always in VR. A TM always gets a +2 bonus for matrix perception (Analyze)
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 27 2013, 12:05 PM) *
(though i did notice that he summoned (not called up) 4 spirits when by raw (unless it was changed in sr4a?) only one unbound spirit can be called at a time. Not trying to call him out just want to be sure this rule is still in effect in 4a?
Yeah, when I wrote that up I totally forgot that you are only allowed one unbound at the time and thought she could summon up to a maximum of her charisma. We fudged it to assume she had three on call, but I like to think of it as Snake bending the rules of magic for her initiation. Plus, what happens in the CZ, stays in the CZ!
Slacker
@Virtual Scream/ notsoevildm
I take it there is no sign of either smartlink or any cyberware on the leader's commlink? Does he have anything like an imagelink that allows him to see AR data on contacts/glasses?

What would I need to do in order to find the device this commlink is slaved too?
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/Noodle house
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 28 2013, 12:29 PM) *
Your wish is my command.

@kahrig: Need a Reaction + Dodge roll from Cat to avoid the smack in the face. She can even roll Reaction + 2xDodge if electing for full defence but at the cost of her next action. I am being a little bit evil and ruling that a Gymnastic dodge is not possible as she is sitting at the table.

@Slacker: I have taken a couple of liberties with Dubstep's matrix actions but he can still act again this round and again at the start of the second round.

@phlapjack: Dante is still holding his action. He won't be able to stop Chunky from completing his swing, but Cat has at least ensured that no-one is looking at him right NOW.
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 28 2013, 02:52 PM) *
@Slacker: I have taken a couple of liberties with Dubstep's matrix actions but he can still act again this round and again at the start of the second round.

Looks good, just wondering what I can do next.

I take it there is no sign of either smartlink or any cyberware on the leader's commlink? Does he have anything like an imagelink that allows him to see AR data on contacts/glasses?

What would I need to do in order to find the device this commlink is slaved too?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 28 2013, 08:40 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/ notsoevildm

There is no sign of a smartlink, but there is an image link for AR. Dubstep cannot tell if it's linking to contact lenses or to cybereyes.

To find the slaved link, ideally give me a Computer + Track, or alternatively an EW + Scan.
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 28 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Your wish is my command.

@kahrig: Need a Reaction + Dodge roll from Cat to avoid the smack in the face. She can even roll Reaction + 2xDodge if electing for full defence but at the cost of her next action. I am being a little bit evil and ruling that a Gymnastic dodge is not possible as she is sitting at the table.

@phlapjack: Dante is still holding his action. He won't be able to stop Chunky from completing his swing, but Cat has at least ensured that no-one is looking at him right NOW.

So how does 2xDodge work when you're defaulting because you bet 100% on gymnastic dodge? Still 2 dice? I thought so! Drek frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012