Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
@ Aria: Looks about right to me smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 11 2013, 10:36 AM) *
That was one intent yes. Although confirmation from Aria/Jazz that sensor laying was a reasonable project for the sweep would be good. As far as compass point, not sure if Sprogget posts mentioned it or not (have not compared latest actual posts with local post planning notes), but the intent was to ask for data on both Mechanicals and Freedom sensor network blind spots. Seems likely places to find people wanting to stay hidden, as well as the right place to add sensors.

Walking pace, and maybe less while placing sensors.

Ok, I’ll take this as the plan (works for me!) and IC based on that. Will give you Cam’s response too (rather than Jazz’s?!? You IC’d her as buggering off somewhere as far as I can tell…). I’ve made the exact time vague again so if anyone has a preference beyond 22:33 that they think more accurately covers what you wanted to do at the mall then just add that to your reply and we can go from that!

For the moment I’ve left Spring, Tweak and LeFey out of the direct action until I hear otherwise. There’s plenty of potential matrix action inbound for them if they turn up ork.gif or we can subtly retcon them being along for the ride.

Lily I’m not so sure, she can meet you out on your patrol if she reappears?!?

The IC’s a bit abrupt again but I wanted to get things moving along again. Hope to have some time to do one for E:PL tomorrow!

EDIT: added a sentance to the IC post...it isn't meant to be apocalyptic, more to underline the fact that the easy life of the tribes is threatened by these attacks. A bit more grit is needed I feel biggrin.gif, you all live in Puyallup after all and it's not the healthiest place on the planet. Your resources are spread fairly thin and they are getting big chunks knocked out as we speak!
Aria
@E:PL

Ok, some assumptions made to get things going again…hope nobody minds, I’ve tried to be vague whilst giving you a gentle push. I’ve come out of direct combat time for the moment and I intend to fudge the timeline a little so that you can all meet up for the epic confrontation…I’d rather do that than have Copperhead fight alone while the others spend all their IC running across the wasteland nyahnyah.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria: Looks good to me. smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
@Aria: *kick* Can I get the background summary for Herbert that you'd mentioned in a previous post? smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jun 14 2013, 04:01 PM) *
@Aria: *kick* Can I get the background summary for Herbert that you'd mentioned in a previous post? smile.gif

Lol, just written it, here you go...

@E:CoP

Plotline Summary:
This is the presage to the revised matrix that is coming along in SR5 – 2075. Danielle de la Mar (Jet Set & Storm Front) has been gaining friends and influence in pushing her agenda for a ‘safer matrix’ that is harder for hackers to operate in and easier for the corps to control. The corps have used her as a ‘neutral’ figurehead and she has gained some public support. For reasons of her own Ryl (one of the two drakes that Awesome met, not the one he shagged!) wants to derail these plans (doomed to failure we know OoC but still…)

Of course you don’t need to have anything to do with this at all if you don’t want to, I just picked one of the themes to run with, there are plenty of others smile.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 12 2013, 10:31 AM) *
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 11 2013, 04:36 AM) *

That was one intent yes. Although confirmation from Aria/Jazz that sensor laying was a reasonable project for the sweep would be good. As far as compass point, not sure if Sprogget posts mentioned it or not (have not compared latest actual posts with local post planning notes), but the intent was to ask for data on both Mechanicals and Freedom sensor network blind spots. Seems likely places to find people wanting to stay hidden, as well as the right place to add sensors.

Walking pace, and maybe less while placing sensors.
Ok, I’ll take this as the plan (works for me!) and IC based on that. Will give you Cam’s response too (rather than Jazz’s?!? You IC’d her as buggering off somewhere as far as I can tell…). I’ve made the exact time vague again so if anyone has a preference beyond 22:33 that they think more accurately covers what you wanted to do at the mall then just add that to your reply and we can go from that!

For the moment I’ve left Spring, Tweak and LeFey out of the direct action until I hear otherwise. There’s plenty of potential matrix action inbound for them if they turn up ork.gif or we can subtly retcon them being along for the ride.

Lily I’m not so sure, she can meet you out on your patrol if she reappears?!?

The IC’s a bit abrupt again but I wanted to get things moving along again. Hope to have some time to do one for E:PL tomorrow!

EDIT: added a sentance to the IC post...it isn't meant to be apocalyptic, more to underline the fact that the easy life of the tribes is threatened by these attacks. A bit more grit is needed I feel biggrin.gif, you all live in Puyallup after all and it's not the healthiest place on the planet. Your resources are spread fairly thin and they are getting big chunks knocked out as we speak!
Actually you had Jazz running off IC, and I followed from that plus an OOC comment that she would still be reachable by comm
QUOTE (Aria @ May 16 2013, 10:35 AM) *
@E:Tribes
September 1, 2072 22:29; S Meridian, heading south to the Fre∑dom Mall, Puyallup

Jailbreakers

Sprogget shakes off whatever was bothering him and a slightly shaken LeFey climbs into the somewhat battered van with Tweak and you are all ready to head for home as fast as your wheels (and rotors in LeO’s case) can take you. When you get there it’s like a kicked ant’s nest with people frantically moving around without any clear direction. It seems the attack has passed on for now otherwise surely they would all have been under cover and hidden away.

As you swing into a loading bay Jazz jumps down from the upper level, a heavily customised hound drone landing heavily beside her, the machine gun on its back tracking any movement. Almost instinctively Sprogget recognises the work of another Daedalus techno, interesting that you didn’t spot it before but perhaps you were too busy trying not to be pissed at her attitude towards the Mech rube!

"You made it back in then? Good, sounds like you had more luck than Charlie and his patrol. I want you to head back out…we need to make our presence felt, let them understand they haven’t beaten us…it’ll only get worse if they think we’re running scared. They seem to be using hit and run tactics so watch your backs! Don’t stray too far, backup is being spread thin and we can’t afford to pull anyone out of the fire." she goes quiet for a moment as she listens to some internal voice "Damn, I’ve got to go…shit, Tweak, Spring, get your hoops out of there…I’m not sending kids out to fight for us. And you’re her?" addressed to LeFey "I’m sorry about this…Prospero wants to see you…" and she’s gone, running out of the dock before any of you can get a chance to question her…
.. snip..

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ May 27 2013, 09:56 PM) *
.. snip ..
@Jazz[Sprogget]: <<I found the reference to the blimped CD Dalmatian in storage inventory while getting some ammo. Does adding some fresh sensors to gaps in the mesh during the sweep match intent? Also please arrange/forward details about the mesh holes. That would appear to be the best place to hit for sweep as well as where to put more sensors -- Sprogget.>>
That was a text message to Jazz. Response from Cam is fine though. I'll insert a matching text message from Jazz IC.

@RdMarquis, LeFey
Old information is that Prospero seldom meets anyone in person. Matrix meetings only. Tweak might have an address, or Tweak/Sprogget can give you a a commcode for Jazz.

@Aria, You might want to adjust the date stamp on the latest Balefire post. Both first and last show as Aug 17, but the last says Silk has been following Stern for a couple of days, and I believe the intel collect from the earlier posts put her on to him.
Aria
Doh on the Balefire post...glad someone's reading them! The offer still stands of freebie karma for a useful critique of the stories!

Sorry I missed the text to Jazz, feel free to respond for her to the affirmative!

@RdMarquis: if LeFey wants to try and see Prospero she will find him in the central Freedom node conducting matrixy kind of things! I'm pretty sure you can search the IC thread for a description of his icon or you can look at my character artwork linked in my sig! The central node is a tropical island motif...anyone in the mall will direct you to the correct node without hassle...at least once you get them to stand still after the rising panic!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 12 2013, 05:31 PM) *

A storm is coming, is that metaphorical or meteorological ? And if the latter, is a storm in puyallup worse than elsewhere? Im imagining rains of acid and fire an nuclear waste. Close ?
Aria
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 15 2013, 04:31 PM) *
A storm is coming, is that metaphorical or meteorological ? And if the latter, is a storm in puyallup worse than elsewhere? Im imagining rains of acid and fire an nuclear waste. Close ?

A bit of both ork.gif

The rain will almost certainly be acidic given most of Seattle's seems to be in canon. Puyallup is covered in ash from the Ghost Dance eruptions and it is going to be that swirling about that makes visibility crappy! As far as I can tell radioactive waste is more likely to be Redmond but I can throw some in if it will make you happy biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 15 2013, 09:15 PM) *
but I can throw some in if it will make you happy biggrin.gif

Remind me to shut up in future
Machine Ghost
Sprogget Character sheet (linked from SIG) updated with new drones and karma spends: summary
[ Spoiler ]

Dice Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Given IC, I expect LeO’s action to be (3 IP):
Pick 'best' target
Sensor Test (Simple Action): 7d6 (possibly opposed, although that 'dashing' would seem not to be hiding at this time)
Assuming Target lock:
Called Shot: Leg SR4A161
Active Targeting: Pilot(3)+Targeting(4)+Optimization(1)+Tacsoft(2)+net sensor test hits-GM selected called shot modifier
* Single Shots until hit or break sensor lock.
Note: Is LeO **hot** or what? 12 hits in the first 15 dice!!

Sprogget actions (once get to Banjo) (3 IP)
Boost acceleration: SR4A167/168
Jumped-In Vehicle Test: Pilot Aircraft(3)+Reaction(3)+Handling(-2)+Tacsoft(2)+VR(2)+Snuff(1)-Wounds(1) :: 8d6
Boost Acceleration Vehicle Test: Pilot Aircraft(3)+Reaction(3)+Handling(-2)+Tacsoft(2)+VR(2)+Snuff(1)-Wounds(1) (8d6.hits(5) → [1,1,1,2,2,2,1,6] = (1))
Acceleration 15+5*1=20 with a glitch. Looks like Sprogget gets the accel boost, but he is clumsy somehow
Thread sensor software complex form: Intruder Spotter(2) (buying 2 hits each for threading and fading resistance
Perception: Sensor(6)+Perception(2)+Tacsoft(2)+VR(2)+Actively Looking(3)+Vision Enhance(3)+Sensor Software(2)-Wounds(1) 19d6
* Still out of range for UWBR (unless some closer than those seen), so rely on vision/low light/thermographic for the initial look
Jumped-In perception: Sensor(6)+Perception(2)+Tacsoft(2)+VR(2)+Actively Looking(3)+Vision Enhance(3)+Sensor Software(2)-Wounds(1) (19d6.hits(5) → [5,5,4,2,1,1,1,1,4,4,3,5,2,6,3,2,6,3,6] = (6))

Any/All of the drones could do an Infiltration test at any time.
Aria
A little something special for LeFey...enjoy!
ChromeZephyr
Yowza. 'Course, I've been reading Dresden Files lately, so I'm mixing some signals and liking the concoction anyways.
RdMarquis
I actually do imagine her paragon as Jim Butcher's interpretation of the Leanansidhe. Or even Mab herself, with more emphasis on the "Queen of Dreams" aspect.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jun 17 2013, 04:41 PM) *
Yowza. 'Course, I've been reading Dresden Files lately, so I'm mixing some signals and liking the concoction anyways.

I'll have to plead ignorance as I've not read them, glad you are enjoying LeFey's dilemma ork.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 18 2013, 02:51 PM) *
I'll have to plead ignorance as I've not read them, glad you are enjoying LeFey's dilemma ork.gif

considering you have not read them (and you REALLY should) it's remarkably close to a part of the premise, it is a mechanism that works quite well.
Aria
@E:Tribes / Machine Ghost:

Sorry about LeO, he was a little over enthusiastic! I am assuming that the default mode is burst fire as it is compensated recoil and to my mind the most likely choice of fire…you might want to disagree with that? As I recall it’s a high velocity modded weapon so firing single shot doesn’t seem right to me somehow, even if the rules probably allow it?!?

Leo:
General Pool for Ford LEBD-1 drone autonomous actions
[5,5,5,5,6, 6, Attack test first 10D -2D Called shot -1D range -1D visibility = 6 hits!
[2,2,6,5, 5,3,5,5,6]
[5,4,6,4,6, 3,3,4,1,5, 2,2,4,5,2]
[2,1,6,6,1, 5,3,6,4,2, 5,3,2,2,1]
[6,1,3,4,1, 1,2,4,3,6, 5,1,2,6,2]
[1,6,6,3,1, 2,6,4,1,4, 1,2,6,3,3]

Rest of you: I’m assuming LeO probably acts before most of you but I recognise I haven’t asked for initiative rolls again, feel free to step in and declare some actions etc…
ChromeZephyr
Just a Running test to see if I can close in on the non-perforated d00d.

Strength 5 + Running 3: [1,6,4,5,3,4,1,4] = 2 hits. Speed increased to 29m/turn.

edit: Derp, forgot to spell out rolls for GM ease-of-use. Thanks for the reminder, MG.
RdMarquis
How discreetly could LeFey compile a sprite? She can't run a trace, but a Sleuth sprite could.
Mach_Ten
Crow is looking for a destination of the runners and moving to flank / cover fire for Scrapheap

Perception : Observe in detail
(11d6.hits(5)=3)

11d6.hits(5) → [4,6,1,4,4,5,1,5,4,3,1] = (3)
forgot tacnet

if a shot presents itself or a further enemy pops up from cover, try to surprise with a wide burst of SnS to lower his defense I think
short wide Burst 6S(e) vs 1/2 impact
(15d6.hits(5)=4)

15d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,6,6,3,5,1,4,3,4,2,4,3,3] = (4)

forgot tacnet again

movement to cover at walking pace trying to stay low
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 18 2013, 10:34 AM) *
@E:Tribes / Machine Ghost:

Sorry about LeO, he was a little over enthusiastic! I am assuming that the default mode is burst fire as it is compensated recoil and to my mind the most likely choice of fire…you might want to disagree with that? As I recall it’s a high velocity modded weapon so firing single shot doesn’t seem right to me somehow, even if the rules probably allow it?!?

Leo:
General Pool for Ford LEBD-1 drone autonomous actions
[5,5,5,5,6,  6, Attack test first 10D -2D Called shot -1D range -1D visibility = 6 hits!
.. snip ..
High velocity enables larger bursts when used in full auto mode, but does not require full auto mode.  AR26 sidebar.  Especially with electronic fire modification, any combination should be possible, except short burst.  Sprogget may not have made it clear enough in the initial instructions / configuration for LeO, but what I was expecting was semi-automatic mode. 
The compensated recoil cuts the negatives when used full auto, but again does not require it.

Given the 'wound' qualifier, any burst should be wide burst, to keep the damage down.  If burst fire really needed for this, a wide burst aimed low should do the trick.  Maybe Sprogget needs to set 'sniper' mode too.  For initiative, LeO has 3 passes, but a base of response(6)+Pilot(3).  Everyone 'here' is between 8 and 10, so dice rolls are enough to make a difference on first action, but PBP usually ignores that anyway.  If I post IC before a response to this, I'll ignore the weapon fire (for now). I 'gather' that Sprogget is not seeing any additional threat yet with that perception.

Error noticed in my previous OOC post: Base accel for Banjo is 20 not 15. I grabbed the value from G'Eye (Dragonfly) instead of the Dalmatian.

@Mach_Ten
It helps if you include the actual dice rolls, instead of just the totals, so GM can more easily make adjustments, like the visibility modifier.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jun 18 2013, 12:14 PM) *
How discreetly could LeFey compile a sprite? She can't run a trace, but a Sleuth sprite could.
Well she could run a trace herself, by first threading (a free action) a track complex form SR4A232. Basically what Sprogget did to keep track of where the parents were when springing LeFey. Of course winters skills could make that a lot more difficult. Running Stealth?

Compiling is a complex action. No reason for that to be especially noticeable, like noticing magic I expect. But the sprite rezzing in might be, unless it is running a Stealth program by default. Sleuth does, so it should be an opposed test for Winter to notice it.

Also look at the traceroute power UW156. Slower, but can be used without winter's icon being present. Possible minuses, due to TM [re]spoofing access ID
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
will be putting a post up sometime tomorrow now that the plot is moving again. Going to be rough explaining my presence to gemeaux without the Techno. So much for that bargaining chip lol biggrin.gif.
JxJxA
@ OGDWD: I'm sure you can come up with some appropriate lie. Aren't Christian Theurges Cha-based? nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 18 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Compiling is a complex action. No reason for that to be especially noticeable, like noticing magic I expect. But the sprite rezzing in might be, unless it is running a Stealth program by default. Sleuth does, so it should be an opposed test for Winter to notice it.

Also look at the traceroute power UW156. Slower, but can be used without winter's icon being present. Possible minuses, due to TM [re]spoofing access ID

That's what I was thinking. Short of a critical success on threading, LeFey won't come up with much of a Track form.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094876/

4 hits to compile a Rating 5 Sleuth sprite.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094877/

3 hits to resist, leaving her with 1 service (always by the skin of her teeth, this girl).

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4094878/

5 hits to resist 6P Fading, which means she loses 1.

Post to follow.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jun 19 2013, 07:08 AM) *
4 hits to compile a Rating 5 Sleuth sprite.

3 hits to resist, leaving her with 1 service (always by the skin of her teeth, this girl).

Can you make the trace rolls for your sprite please?
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 18 2013, 11:00 PM) *
High velocity enables larger bursts when used in full auto mode, but does not require full auto mode. AR26 sidebar. Especially with electronic fire modification, any combination should be possible, except short burst. Sprogget may not have made it clear enough in the initial instructions / configuration for LeO, but what I was expecting was semi-automatic mode.
The compensated recoil cuts the negatives when used full auto, but again does not require it.

Given the 'wound' qualifier, any burst should be wide burst, to keep the damage down. If burst fire really needed for this, a wide burst aimed low should do the trick. Maybe Sprogget needs to set 'sniper' mode too. For initiative, LeO has 3 passes, but a base of response(6)+Pilot(3). Everyone 'here' is between 8 and 10, so dice rolls are enough to make a difference on first action, but PBP usually ignores that anyway. If I post IC before a response to this, I'll ignore the weapon fire (for now).
Ok, sniper mode required for SA, default is bursts, overkill is FA smile.gif. Wide burst would have made it slightly less lethal probably given that a lot of the damage was the goon's appalling defence roll and knocking D off wouldn't have changed that much, but rather than change too much I'll leave it as is...you were firing an AR at an unarmoured leg - the results IRL would have been about similar I suspect!

I 'gather' that Sprogget is not seeing any additional threat yet with that perception.
Not yet, there's just the two one of them!

@Mach_Ten
It helps if you include the actual dice rolls, instead of just the totals, so GM can more easily make adjustments, like the visibility modifier.
Please do make my life easy! biggrin.gif If you can also tell me what you think I should be rolling it saves me looking up the rules too! Once upon a time I knew them but 2 years of pbp and I find I need to look the damn things up more than I don't nyahnyah.gif

For reference: visibility mods from now on [I am assuming everyone has access to at least thermo and lowlight - are Sprogget's drones equipped with both?!?] partial light -0D, heavy rain -2D...if you only have one vision type the table is on p136 SR4A, let me know!
ChromeZephyr
Scrapheap only has his natural low-light, but looking at the table the only negative is from the rain. Thankfully, his goggles have good vision enhancement. smile.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 19 2013, 05:55 AM) *
Can you make the trace rolls for your sprite please?

Here you go.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095145/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095146/

16 hits over 5 rolls to Track Winter.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 19 2013, 01:55 PM) *
Please do make my life easy! biggrin.gif If you can also tell me what you think I should be rolling it saves me looking up the rules too! Once upon a time I knew them but 2 years of pbp and I find I need to look the damn things up more than I don't nyahnyah.gif

For reference: visibility mods from now on [I am assuming everyone has access to at least thermo and lowlight - are Sprogget's drones equipped with both?!?] partial light -0D, heavy rain -2D...if you only have one vision type the table is on p136 SR4A, let me know!

Amended the OOC post here to include rolls

visibility modifiers dropping the last number of rolls has negligible effect on the perception ot the shooting smile.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 19 2013, 06:55 AM) *
.. snip..
The drone sensors vary. All except the monocycle have at least both Low Light and Thermographic. Monocycle is the only one with (regular) radar. The character information post (link in sig) has links to PDFs with the details. The vehicles PDF with better format / detail.

Sensors:
Moncycle: Radar, 2 x Motion, 2 x Laser Range Finder, Atmosphere, 2 x Camera (standard trideo)
LeO: Motion, Laser Range Finder, 2 x Microphone (Audio Enhance, spatial, select), 2 x Camera (Flare, Vision Enhance, Smartlink, Image Link, Low Light, Thermographic, Magnification)
G’Eye: UWBR, Olfactory, 2 x Trideo (Flare, Image Link, Vision Enhance, Audio Enhance, Low Light, Thermographic, Magnification, Spatial, Directional Microphone, Motion, Laser Range Finder) + ECCM(6)
Banjo: UWBR, Radio Signal Scanner, Thermometric, Laser Range Finder, 3 x Trideo (Flare, Vision Enhance, Audio Enhance, Low Light, Thermographic, Ultrasound, Spatial, Select Sound, Motion, Non-Linear Junction Detector, Atmosphere) + ECCM(6)

UWBR AR60 uses same vision modifiers as ultrasound (mentioned elsewhere I think, I do not see why either ultrasound or UWBR would have modifiers for partial/no light).

Probably need to add one more die back to LeO attacks.  The Ares Alpha includes Improved Range Finder modification AR152, reducing range penalties by 1.

Any Ideas about including information about the jumped-in drone specs in the header / matrix information?  Given Sprogget’s equipment, part is already misleading.  He is carrying a skinlinked wireless adapter, with signal rating 5.  Routing through that, both commlink and bionode range is boosted to match.

Jumped-in: Banjo (Dalmation): 8/20 60; Response 3, Signal 5, System 3, Firewall 3; Hidden; ECCM(6)+Erg+Opt(3), (sensor) ECCM(6)+Erg+Opt(3), Encrypt(6)+Erg+Opt(3)+Crashguard

Autonomous would include pilot and autosofts
Banjo (Dalmation): 8/20 60; Response 3, Signal 5, System 3, Firewall 3, Pilot 3; Hidden; Clearsight(4)+Opt(1), Maneuver(4)+Opt(1), Electronic Warfare(4)+Opt(1), ECCM(6)+Erg+Opt(3), (sensor) ECCM(6)+Erg+Opt(3), Encrypt(6)+Erg+Opt(3)+Crashguard
mister__joshua
@Aria

I think CoP is probably ready for a change of scene now. I could do this maybe, but I didn't know what you had in mind and I try to avoid directing NPCs when possible.
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 10 2013, 12:34 PM) *
Ok, here goes nothing...quick take on where I think the games are...

@E:PL:
Mordred trying to heal Stitch, note that Requiem is heading after Copperhead, feel free to go too, Stitch is just about alive enough to protect the kids for now!
Gemeaux angling for a shot on the TM (does anyone remember if I named him previously??? I can't find my notes on that nyahnyah.gif)
Copperhead pursuing Snag, and I'm assuming Anselm is also going to do something similar

@Virtual Scream:
I think I'm waiting for a GM post for Gossamer but I may have missed it in the array of posts???

Unless I've missed stuff I need some IC or ooc from everyone to sort what happens next... Even Gemeaux needs to decide 'what next...'

Thanks!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 19 2013, 06:32 PM) *
.. snip ..
Probably need to add one more die back to LeO attacks.  The Ares Alpha includes Improved Range Finder modification AR152, reducing range penalties by 1.
.. snip ..
I see that I also left out the bonus for smart link in the dice pool. OOC Post edited to add the +2 to the attack pools.
JxJxA
@Aria: Ah, oops, I thought you put that shot in there already. I'll get some rolls up ASAP. smile.gif
phlapjack77
@VirtualScream / restaurant
Any movement on this scene? Last post by someone other than me was May 8
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 23 2013, 06:34 AM) *
I see that I also left out the bonus for smart link in the dice pool. OOC Post edited to add the +2 to the attack pools.

Ok, no problem...definite overkill then ork.gif

QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jun 24 2013, 12:33 AM) *
@Aria: Ah, oops, I thought you put that shot in there already. I'll get some rolls up ASAP. smile.gif

Don't worry about rolling! You've got such an insane number of D that I'm quite willing for you to take out a stationary non combatant target without rolling!

What I need from you (and everyone else!) is what you do after that!

QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 24 2013, 02:11 AM) *
@VirtualScream / restaurant
Any movement on this scene? Last post by someone other than me was May 8

NSEDM was about to start his holiday and have more time for posting last we heard...I guess he's enjoying his holiday so much he's forgotten all about us biggrin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 24 2013, 07:51 PM) *
NSEDM was about to start his holiday and have more time for posting last we heard...I guess he's enjoying his holiday so much he's forgotten all about us biggrin.gif

Must've been a hell of a holiday! And he took Slacker and kahrig with him biggrin.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jun 24 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Must've been a hell of a holiday! And he took Slacker and kahrig with him biggrin.gif

I'm still around, and keep meaning to post something up. It's hard to stay motivated in this thread with how rare we've been getting updates from NSEDM.

Also, I'm a bit distracted by a copy of the SR5 book a friend got me at Origins. smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jun 24 2013, 07:44 AM) *
Also, I'm a bit distracted by a copy of the SR5 book a friend got me at Origins. smile.gif

Show-off. nyahnyah.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jun 24 2013, 10:51 PM) *
Show-off. nyahnyah.gif

hehe - i was thinking the same thing smile.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jun 24 2013, 09:51 AM) *
Show-off. nyahnyah.gif

LOL. What can I say? I'm excited about trying out the new system. They've certainly made some interesting changes. I've read through about half the book so far (intro, chargen, skills, combat) and I'm trying to get the rest read before my local group meets this Saturday.
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jun 24 2013, 03:17 PM) *
LOL. What can I say? I'm excited about trying out the new system. They've certainly made some interesting changes. I've read through about half the book so far (intro, chargen, skills, combat) and I'm trying to get the rest read before my local group meets this Saturday.

I've started an excel charaacter generator just off the preview chapters lol!

I intend to start the 2074/5 thread once I've had a chance to read the new rules and digest them...hopefully sometime mid August to get things going...I won't worry about whether everyone has read the rules themselves, we can muddle through without that and I can send anyone that wants it the excel file so they shouldn't even need rules to do that (assuming I can make it fairly idiot proof nyahnyah.gif)
Slacker
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 24 2013, 10:39 AM) *
I've started an excel charaacter generator just off the preview chapters lol!

I intend to start the 2074/5 thread once I've had a chance to read the new rules and digest them...hopefully sometime mid August to get things going...I won't worry about whether everyone has read the rules themselves, we can muddle through without that and I can send anyone that wants it the excel file so they shouldn't even need rules to do that (assuming I can make it fairly idiot proof nyahnyah.gif)

If you get a chance, i'd love to take a look at what you've got for that excel sheet. I'm actually going to try starting up a Milk Run forum game next week or so to give people a little taste of the system in actual play before the book is officially released.
Machine Ghost
@phlapjack77, Slacker

One of those latest IC posts, was right time wrong (IC) day.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 25 2013, 12:29 PM) *
@phlapjack77, Slacker

<looks meaningfully at Slacker>

cool.gif
mister__joshua
Have you got any new stories for SR5 or just continuing the current ones for now.

And talking of NSEDM's holiday, I find it amazing how frequently and easily I forget that I'm part of a game and then have to read through 2 pages of IC to catch up. Even though my posting hasn't been too irregular I still forget all the time. Today for example is the first time I've remembered to check this since the middle of last week. Not because I haven't had chance, just because I temporarily forgot it existed nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 25 2013, 08:06 AM) *
Have you got any new stories for SR5 or just continuing the current ones for now.

And talking of NSEDM's holiday, I find it amazing how frequently and easily I forget that I'm part of a game and then have to read through 2 pages of IC to catch up. Even though my posting hasn't been too irregular I still forget all the time. Today for example is the first time I've remembered to check this since the middle of last week. Not because I haven't had chance, just because I temporarily forgot it existed nyahnyah.gif

RP addict that I am, I check nearly every day lol...

CoP and Tribes will continue in 2074, just timeline bumped. I will start a new prime runner thread called Deep Rising which will pick up the pieces of the various other Emerging games I've done.

@Slacker (and anyone else!) PM me an email address and I'll send out the excel once it's a bit further along (but before qualities, skills etc get sorted so you can have a play smile.gif)...it's a butchered version of the one I use for SR4 so I'll leave most of the gubbins in there too, do with it as you will!
Slacker
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 24 2013, 11:29 PM) *
@phlapjack77, Slacker

Oops....with a handle like Slacker, what do you expect from me? nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Apologies for the delay in responding to E:Tribes,

@RDMarquis:

Trace attempt [trace+computer vs. 10 (+4/proxy server)] – stealth per roll. Note you are in a resonance well (almost like a UV node for TMs experiencing it!!!) rt 2, which adds 2D to all rolls using resonance. The Disonant is at -2D!

The stealth is a little dubious – can you have stealth running and still be visible to people in the node? The quick view of the stealth program in SR4a didn’t exactly clarify it for me! Machine Ghost knows the matrix rules better than I do, got an opinion MG? I’m going to rule that (s)he isn’t hiding from you and has no stealth CF running…

It only being a matter of time you’ll find him/her quickly…more or less just outside the mall +/- 50m!

@Machine Ghost…that drone is vicious! 6 hits again, at least the ganger had a fighting chance of dodging and with the worsening weather you lost another visibility D. So, you have a captive [Ork teenager], if you can keep him long enough. The feed Cam sent you shows two hogs inbound, moving fairly cautiously rather than rushing in blind…feel free to IC their approach and let the others know.

Static is now 2 ECM but I suspect you can easily get past that, more for flavour than effect!

@E:CoP: I've not forgotten you, just working out where to send you next!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012