Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Notsoevildm
@Aria:

Some more rolls for Copperhead.

Looking for bug (simple):
Int 3 + Per 1 + Vision Enh. 3 + Actively looking 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=5 - there it is!

Shooting at bug (simple):
Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + Smartlink 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=1 - not such a good shot, damage 7P, -5AP (APDS is loaded)

Doubt that's going to do much to it. Pity those rolls weren't reversed.

Assuming bug is still at range next round, shooting at bug (twice):
Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + Smartlink 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=2 - not much better. Here's hoping Twitch and Requiem can shoot better than her.

If bug closes to melee:
Agi 3 + Cyber implant 4 + reach 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=3, damage 4P (hand razors)
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 9 2012, 09:09 AM) *
@Aria:

Some more rolls for Copperhead.

They probably can shoot better but I don't think there's any need - you just wasted the micro drone that was snooping towards you - BANG!!! smile.gif

Not sure that'll give them the reasurance you were looking for but ah well ork.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 9 2012, 06:53 PM) *
They probably can shoot better but I don't think there's any need - you just wasted the micro drone that was snooping towards you - BANG!!! smile.gif

Not sure that'll give them the reasurance you were looking for but ah well ork.gif

Oops! Guess she's just a little twitchy around bugs. Ah well, keeps the story interesting.
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
@ears: just making sure you saw the post for mark as well, it was at the bottom of the last page so very easily missed.
Ears
@OGDWD:
Damn, yeah missed it. Just like poor Sil.

And a first aid roll for the poor guy:
Logic(7) + First Aid(1) + Medkit(6) - Poor Conditions(2) = 12 dice, yielding 3 hits, no glitch
So, that heals 1P, which was the max anyway (Skill 1).

Next up: The Retreat. Unless someone comes looking.
as in you are gtfoing or going in to kill the guy on your own? Just a reminder that Sil is a made man, and you are nearly as well. And Sil's perception was a huge glitch lol, hence the monowire face scouting.
Ears
Heh, considered to gtfo, but there is this tiny problem about our employer you mentioned. Still don't like to have him lying around in the middle of the garden, all alone and bleeding like.

Assuming nothing further happens, I'll just write up a post about helping Sil back to the car and going back in alone.
heh, what is blood between a few ritual friends >>

also can i get 3 new perception checks and infiltration tests after that mishap.
Ears
Exactly, the gardener might wonder why the grass has turned red, but otherwise nobody'll care. wink.gif

So, I rolled and the gods of luck said:

Perception: 1 hit, 2 hits, 1 hit
Infiltration: 2 hits, 2 hits, no hits
Well, at tleast there was no glitch.
Kk and the gods of luck said hey you better be careful, the grass over by the sand gardens seems to glint a bit oddly. From where you are you can see that the door is indeed blinking green and red, classic sign of a scrambled lock. Youll get to the door ok.
Ears
@OGDWD:
Given the @Fortune's forecast/James post, you got me wondering who's gotten himself into more trouble, Adrian or Mark. wink.gif

Anyway, into the lion's den...
Heh, we'll have to see wont we now? I have a few pc/npcs of my own that ill be posting with such as james and the fun thing with them is that its not metagaming but sometimes as long as you read but dont meta youll see behind the scenes stuff in this good old world of ours. smile.gif
Aria
I can see that I need to reply to the E:PL Chi Town thread for Copperhead and Fortune's Forecast with Scratch, anyone on the E:PL UK thread waiting on me as it seems to have gone quiet? If I don't hear anything I'll try and get something going later...?!?

EDIT: @Mordred, you haven't answered my question before I move things along...and does anyone else on the UK thread want to add anything...?
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jul 6 2012, 11:08 AM) *
Mordred sent a quick message to his (other) mentor. What do you know about Clearwater in the UK? Also, does the name Argent mean anything to you?

QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 6 2012, 02:13 PM) *
Are you refering to Lui here? Or someone I've missed? Who is the other other???

Thanks
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 13 2012, 04:06 AM) *
EDIT: @Mordred, you haven't answered my question before I move things along...and does anyone else on the UK thread want to add anything...?

Actually, I replied a couple days ago. Mordred is sending a message to Nicholas Lui. I should have made that more clear, but the dragon spirit is his "primary" mentor, in this case.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jul 13 2012, 08:10 PM) *
Actually, I replied a couple days ago. Mordred is sending a message to Nicholas Lui. I should have made that more clear, but the dragon spirit is his "primary" mentor, in this case.

Oops, sorry, turn of the page, will sort something on Monday!
If you have a Chinese linguasoft or lang skill you can attempt to translate those whispers ears.
Ears
If by "Chinese" you mean "Italian" then yes. wink.gif

Seeing as he won't start searching for a translation soft right now, I'll have him hit 'record' on his comm to at least capture part of it for later analysis.
Other than that:
- Does he have to go past on his way to the next flight of stairs?
- How many people are talking? Men, Women, mixed?

Want any roll with that? (Reaction to see how much of the conversation is captured, maybe?)
QUOTE (Ears @ Jul 15 2012, 09:23 AM) *
If by "Chinese" you mean "Italian" then yes. wink.gif

Seeing as he won't start searching for a translation soft right now, I'll have him hit 'record' on his comm to at least capture part of it for later analysis.
Other than that:
- Does he have to go past on his way to the next flight of stairs?
- How many people are talking? Men, Women, mixed?

Want any roll with that? (Reaction to see how much of the conversation is captured, maybe?)

roll for the recording to see how much you snagged. just 1 d6 pls. 2 voices both male and no you dont have to pass to get to the stairs, the light is on the left hand hallway of the square and if you remember the other stairs are on the other side of the square (right side)
Ears
1d6 is a 3

Will try and sneak on, then.
one more infiltration test before you get to the top please ears
Ears
And once again, Agility (5) + Infiltration (1) = 6 dice, yielding a pretty uneventful (luckily) 2 hits and no glitch

Assuming he gets out alive, I think I know where I'll put the first 10 Karma. wink.gif
rats God likes you apparently, you make it to the top of the stairs no problem. Ill have to put up the post then.
Ears
Well, as the saying goes, there's three types of luck: bad, blind and dumb. I just hope it's the latter.

Minor thing: There's no Carmelo, the Carm I referred to in an earlier IC post is Carmela, a street doc; Mark's and Silvio's boss is Johnny.
QUOTE (Ears @ Jul 17 2012, 02:31 AM) *
Well, as the saying goes, there's three types of luck: bad, blind and dumb. I just hope it's the latter.

Minor thing: There's no Carmelo, the Carm I referred to in an earlier IC post is Carmela, a street doc; Mark's and Silvio's boss is Johnny.

Im retarded, all the names I have to keep track of... will edit that lol.

Need you to roll suprise once you get to the door and also which route do you take to get there?
Ears
Heh, I got to look up the names all the time too. wink.gif

So, the surprise test yields three hits, no glitch.

As for route, "The goal lay straight up and around to the left...", sounds nice, not too scenic though.
Ok and anyone in the room (there are two forms currently in intercourse) are def surprised. putting the post up now, roll for combat and what are your actions for the surprise?
@Aria: can you give me will + int (-2 cause of the events preceding) (3) test please? Need to see if you can get past flashbacks of the SCIRE.
@RD so terribly sorry for the delay. I thought I had you up to speed then I read back and went ruhroh. You dont encounter any issues entering the node(s) its as if they were set to allow you access though how... well that should make you nervous biggrin.gif
Ears
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jul 18 2012, 08:44 PM) *
Ok and anyone in the room (there are two forms currently in intercourse) are def surprised. putting the post up now, roll for combat and what are your actions for the surprise?

Eh, first of: Colour me (not just my character, but actually me) surprised! wink.gif biggrin.gif Love you for this! Any normal complication, I'd say OK, but this, I gotta say wickedly cool!

Anyway:
So, I win the surprise round and then whatever happens, happens?
Guess in that case, I gotta double tap the guy and then hope to intimidate the girl as seen in IC.

So, as far as rules go:
surprise round 'r us:
free action: call a shot (additional damage (-4 for +4) vs guy)
simple action: shoot the guy: 12 dice for three hits and 8P + net hits, AP0, no glitch
simple action: shoot the guy again: 16 dice for seven hits and 4P + net hits (dodge-1), AP0, no glitch )

Guess the guy (whoever it was) is pretty much dead.
normal combat:
initiative: 9 plus 9 dice, yielding 7 hits = 16
first IP:
free action: observe dead (hope so) guy (was it the mark?): 4 dice for 2 hits, no glitch
complex action: use skill(Intimidation) on the girl: 9 dice for three hits, again no glitch
second IP: dependant on girl's action

N.B.: Wrote down all the actions before hitting invisble castle... never had such good rolls, guess I'm gonna pay for them somehow. wink.gif
btw, hearing the shots is at -4 due to silencer.

And just remembered, I intended to roll starting cash plus the bonus Karma with my first normal roll (long ago), anyway:
4d6 = 16, times 100 is 1.6k, enough for some booze
1d6 = 4
heh ok this is going to be rather funny but ill give you a free perception test then well resolve the fun kk? -darkness mods since you have none nyahnyah.gif and it really is dark, you can see two forms as i said and the sounds well... it doesnt take a genius.
Ears
Ah, darkness as in full darkness? Now this really is gonna be fun. eek.gif
Want me to redact any parts of my IC post?

BTW, love your rendering of Adrian's uncle. Helpful his advice is. NOT! wink.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jul 18 2012, 04:13 PM) *
@RD so terribly sorry for the delay. I thought I had you up to speed then I read back and went ruhroh. You dont encounter any issues entering the node(s) its as if they were set to allow you access though how... well that should make you nervous biggrin.gif

Hah. : ) And don't worry about it.
QUOTE (Ears @ Jul 18 2012, 05:26 PM) *
Ah, darkness as in full darkness? Now this really is gonna be fun. eek.gif
Want me to redact any parts of my IC post?

BTW, love your rendering of Adrian's uncle. Helpful his advice is. NOT! wink.gif

Yes i hadnt refreshed so youll have to redact some portions of your post mostly assuming you aim at the one making dude sounds. Ill take care of grabbing dice off for perception (you really should get some vision and hearing mods lolololol).

Yeah I figured I pinged him pretty well biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
One more Matrix Perception test.

Computer (4) + Analyze (4) +2 from technomancer bonus = 10d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3614358/

4 hits. Also, Morgan is now using her Stealth complex form.
Ears
@OGDWD:

Updated my IC post. Guess I gotta re-think my actions after Initiative.
Cause while I know the guy took 9P twice (deducting 6 dice from the end of both shots puts them at 1 and 5 hits, respectively. As the guy can't dodge, he should be beyound overflow), that's OOC. ICly it's probably time for a good look. wobble.gif
So it would seem, the corpse you shot is very much a corpse ontop of a very silent woman (sp). Before I put a post up tell me in detail what your next actions are please?
Ears
@OGDWD:
Get into the room, close the door, scare the woman into staying silent (so I can gag and bind her and ascertain the dead corpse is the right dead corpse and gtfo without her screaming bloody murder). Guess I'll need a little bit of light for all that, but Mark's comm should do.

Put into combat actions:
1st IP:
No action: take a few steps into the room.
Complex: use skill (intimidate the woman; want me to roll again, or is the one I already did OK?)
Free: change linked device mode (switch on comm's light; it's in an inside pocket of the jacket of course, but there's little else I'd see to do with this free action; if you find that closing the door counts as a free action, I'll do that instead)
2nd IP: let's see
@RD you find a ton of contacts but nothing listed runners, mrj or anything of that sort...
RdMarquis
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jul 20 2012, 07:08 PM) *
@RD you find a ton of contacts but nothing listed runners, mrj or anything of that sort...

Ok. Anything specific, or that might be of use? Also, would Corporate Buisness Practices or Knight Errant Security Procedures help me with the search?
not remotely, this is your fathers commlink not his office link....
RdMarquis
Hmm...Well, for starters, Morgan is going to summon a Sleuth Sprite.

Now, the first thing she'll have it do is use Data Search to sort through as much info as it can in a set amount of time. Maybe a couple of hours, since she needs to by ready by the end of the night, and this is just to make sure she didn't miss anything.

If that doesn't work, she'll tell it use Traceroute to get info on Richard's recent Matrix activity. Let me write a post for that.

Compiling (4) + Resonance (4) = 8d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3617244/

2 hits.

Sprite Rating (4) = 4d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3617248/

0 hits, leaving me 2 services, and with no need to avoid Fading.
Kk nothing sensitive or otherwise odd is found via data search in that commlink. Richard has called about 28 addresses in the last 24 hours out of probably around 400 contacts.
RdMarquis
Let's try Traceroute, then. I'll use it to figure out the most recent physical location he accessed the matrix from. That takes another hour. What time is it by now?
hmm sounds like you are confused about the layout of the node. Remember you accessed the family node, which essentially amounts to the CHN which runs the house and can be used to make calls etc if needed. So a traceroute will lead you promptly to... your house.
RdMarquis
Wait. I thought the current node was Richard's commlink?
no you specifically stated getting onto the family node. You do not have access to /or dont know of the existence of his node. The section you are in is your parents (hence the plural) private contacts and business stuff (ie family budget, utility bills etc).
RdMarquis
Oh, ok. Hrm...this'll require more thought, then.
yeah I kinda started to get the idea you might not have realized how complex your flaw of being a dependent as written might have been, especially being a KE executive hed know (or have aides enforcing for him) about infosec and rarely bring home work that could be traced via plain commlink. Doubly so if he actually dealt with deniable assets and projects ie shadowrunners. A Mr. J is only as good as the anonymity he provides and would NEVER bring work anywhere he could be traced without meaning too. Still though, it begs the question of why you havent hit any ic in a household system that KNOWS youre a techno...
RdMarquis
My only guess is that Mr. and Mrs. Senlis know more about technomancers than they let on. There are IC lying in wait, but they won't act against anything with Morgan's matrix signature. And yeah, I was worried this would be a long shot. I have to say though, the challenge is really very interesting, though. Like there's this huge wall keeping Morgan from breaking into what people know as the shadows.

Anyway, I'm going to have to try another tack. Morgan's absolute last resort will be to ask permission, accept whoever they send to babysit her and hope she doesn't have a matrix bodyguard as well. But there's still a few more hours to waste. For now, I think I'll have her try and figure out why she's been allowed access to the node when, as far as it should be concerned, she's a stranger. Maybe...a test of what she can do on the node is in order. As in, does she have an account?

Can she see the icons that can control lights and air conditioning, stuff like that?
The answer to the above is yes, she seems to be an admin...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012