Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
ChromeZephyr
Right, kinda what I thought. Working on IC post now.
JxJxA
@ OGDWD: If you're still out there, I hope you don't mind me using Hill as the convenient focus of all Gemeaux's ire. grinbig.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 9 2013, 03:28 AM) *
@E:Tribes

Perfectly possible to submerge alone, but the karma cost goes up. As part of a network {party or guild}, the cost drops 20%. Using a preparation submersion tasks drops it another 20%. So 7 karma instead of 13 for the first SR4A243, UW141, UW143
At least I think that 'round up' means to round up the 20% reduction. IE 20% of 13 is 2.6, rounded up to 3, so first 20% reduction is 10 karma.
Makes a significant difference. Lots more things to spend karma on. Like more and better complex forms. And skills. And attribute increases. And ... I agree with your interpretation of the rounding…so yes, a significant cost difference!

That guild is something else to ask Jazz about when we get to the mall (see below). Do you have/want specific names for the members (they do not need to be only Fre∑dom and Mechanicals members), or leave them anonymous? What will be important is their availability. How many can get together, with how much notice. I haven’t got as far as finalising a membership so you can add names as seems appropriate. Jazz herself isn’t in the guild for reasons that will become apparent IC smile.gif

Also, going forward, having access to a guild can help with some tasks: UW143 Netweaving. Having extra dice to resist fading can really help with some things. In another game, I had a TM call a rank 4 sprite. Twice. The sprites got great dice both times, resulting in one unconscious TM. 12 stun will do that. Noted

Alpha was principle contact, and he got the 'orders' from Prospero, with Aria? talking to LeFey initially. Alpha has vanished, Glyph knew Prospero was involved, but she is gone too. Prospero is likely to be very focused on the virus, and keeping Fre∑dom nexus safe from it, while wanting to get full access back up. Jazz pointed the Mechanicals group to the meeting with Alpha and Glyph (a little late), and has had some interactions that imply she knows a little about it. Tweak implied limited knowledge too. Sprogget is pretty sure that Prospero knows what the general plan was.

As an investment prospectus would say: this is forward looking information smile.gif Given available information, Sprogget's plan would be to get to the Fre∑dom mall, and talk to Jazz first. Ask about Alpha and Glyph, find they have not shown up, then ask about what the plan was for LeFey's arrival. If Prospero left instruction to set LeFey up someplace, fine. If the virus has left his plans in disarray, Sprogget will suggest moving on to the shop and home, at least for the evening / night. That van probably needs a bit of cosmetic work from the trip to Bellevue, plus the accident anyway. A few dents and scrapes to touch up. Ah the problems with missing PCs nyahnyah.gif, Jazz will at least be able to point you in the general direction and as most of the PCs are currently Mechanicals it makes sense from an IC point of view for Prospero to be busy and you to take LeFey to meet her new neighbours!

As far as upgrades, and current plans, the one in the works that could affect some things, is adding Chameleon Coating AR133 to the Monocycle. I am waiting to get back to the shop to do that smile.gif I am still working on how to fit in things that have explicit time constraints. That mod *should* take about 18 hours of solid work, given decent dice. Submersion tasks could be worse. The Source Code task UW142 is Logic+Software(8+desired submersion grade, 1 week) extended test. With the bonuses for lifestyle and Analytical Mind quality, Sprogget is currently rolling 10 dice, so good dice will make that 3 weeks. Due to the slightly different nature of the 2072 game I am happy to gloss over the time that it would normally take in favour of moving things on. The chameleon coating can be applied when you get back to the shop (not sure how that will go with the steam punk styling biggrin.gif). For the submersion task you can either request we have a timeline jump after things have cooled off or we can say you’ve been working on it and the final stages are only a couple of days away…either works for me!

I have a query out in the rules forum about alternate submersion tasks. The available tasks do not look 'interesting' to a dronomancer, that tends to focus more of the tech side than the software. Source code is possible, with the result being oriented toward the interaction of hardware / sensors with the matrix / resonance world: sensor software, noise filtering, (sensor) data enhancement, sensor data interpretation. Reassembling AR142 would be a good one, as long as Free Sprites UW157-160 (and access to them) is something you want with E:Tribes. That could involve other things too, like resonance bonds, unless you have some ideas about other 'deals' that might interest Sprogget, that the Sprite could do. Sprogget did not take that quality UW37. Like contacts, that should be earnable with RP, but seems a bit cheesy to try to pick up as a side benefit of the karma spend for the submersion. For submersion purposes, the reassembly task is much quicker. Just needs the time to register a sprite that would be of interest to the free sprite, then the same amount again for the absorbstion process. For anything but an allocation bond, details of the sprite capabilities would be important. There, all that needs to be know is it base (resonance) rating. For reassembly, the 'interests' of the sprite also need to be known, to create a registered sprite that would interest it (unless it just specifies the type). Looks like you have a better handle on this than I do, you can spend some karma to get a free sprite quality/contact if you want, or I can try and work it in IC if you go looking (we can do that as a timeline shift with you alone if you wanted to?)

If nothing else, after cleanup, that would make a decent link to put a Fake SIN on. Or I could give it to 'sis' (especially if the 'styling' does not fit Sprogget). If the virus does not attack immediately, one of the first things to check on that link is the data. Contact lists specifically, and see if it WAS recording the accident. Find out who the owner is, and see if can identify wanna be muscle boy and the crashed car. Also any information to indicate if either of those might have been used for 'life recording'. There WILL be precautions taken, starting with concerns about the virus, but also sufficient to prevent tracing the location of the Airwave. Note that the link is currently in a Faraday cage bag, so any RFID tags that might be used to track it are offline. They will stay that way during the inspection, inside a larger Faraday cage.

Well Sprogget will just have to be careful with prep work, to attempt to 'limit' some of those options smile.gif There are enough opportunities to connect with trouble, without leaving doors open for simple preventable issues.

I have a couple of ideas about the >1rtu@l5cr3@m that I have not seen in the IC posts so far, so anything Sprogget does there might make more work for you. Without IC access to the previous results, he would duplicate much of the things tried by others, but with some additional 'wrinkles'. If that looks viable, you might want to have a summary of what information he can find with a focused matrix search on what is known so far about the >1rtu@l5cr3@m, as of whenever the team breaks up for the night. Unless LeFey, and maybe Tweak want to join in on that too, after other things settled. The virus has tweaked Sprogget's interest some, due to the wide range of hardware devices that it has been reported to target. He wants to know how to protect his own equipment, and is curious where it came from. Once he starts get information, he is going to be confused and more curious. It has aspects of several things he knows about, but refuses to fit cleanly in a normal category.
I would like to point you to NSEDM on this one as the virus is his baby (so to speak)…the link has a floating set of male genitalia on it!!! You get access to a typical teen link (I leave you to be as colourful and creative as you like here!). The lad with the gun is simply identified as Mike and there are none of the text messages or other references between friends that you might expect, almost as if it was a professional relationship!

Side note: When you were picking the initial names for the Mechanicals members, did you happen to *mean* Sprocket instead of Sprogget? I like the twist using Sprogget, but the other is more directly mechanical. As I recall I did a Google for mechanical kit and splashed in a few more that I could think of, so presumably Sprogget came from somewhere! Sprocket is equally valid and no doubt the two of you get confused sometimes smile.gif

@E:Tribes: I’m working on an IC for you now. Unless I hear otherwise before I post it I’m going to assume you meet up en-route (less your vagrant companions) and head down to Freedom together!?!
Aria
@E:PL/UK

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs)

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

7.1 Mordred & Gemeaux fires again [using pre-genned rolls], Attacker 1 lays down suppressing fire with SnS, attacker 3 drops to same floor level as Gemeaux & Mordred. Gemeaux chucks grenade at attacker 1 (assuming you don’t risking life and limb against SnS and throw once burst has gone past…!)
7.2 Attacker 3 burst fire at Gemeaux (rolled surprise for you both! ork.gif) Attacker one drops his gun and launches himself down to your level like a burning comet!
7.3 Gemeaux fires at burning guy and he goes down. Mordred targets Attacker 3 but misses in the confusion. Attacker 3 wings Gemeaux [1 net hit = 5+1S/Im +2: Resist Bod+Im = 10D = 4 hits = 2 more stun & knockback!

@Gemeaux: Not sure if you want to go full def to avoid this one (I didn’t think it was worthwhile but you may disagree smile.gif). I should also get you all to add 5 normal damage resistance rolls to your pregenned list when you have a sec!

@Mordred: I’m using up your pregenned rolls, hopefully that’s ok??? Targets haven’t been much of a choice so I don’t think it’s a problem yet but yell if you want to do something else instead…!
JxJxA
@ Aria: I've really got to remember that I have Reakt in my system to help with defense. Oh well, time to add another -1 to my rolls. nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes

No specific skills for picking the routes IC, but do have Analytical Mind with bonus for evidence analysis, pattern recognition and puzzle solving.

Re: TM guild at/in Freedom
QUOTE (Aria)
I haven’t got as far as finalising a membership so you can add names as seems appropriate. Jazz herself isn’t in the guild for reasons that will become apparent IC
Noted.  Remember that not all guild members need to be TMs.  UW143 last 2 paragraphs of Parties and Guilds.  Have you got an idea for a 'mission statement' for the guild?  Only thought I had, which would only be part of it anyway, is to encourage TM differences.  TM's from as many streams as possible.

Re: Prospero and plans for LeFey
QUOTE (Aria)
Ah the problems with missing PCs, Jazz will at least be able to point you in the general direction and as most of the PCs are currently Mechanicals it makes sense from an IC point of view for Prospero to be busy and you to take LeFey to meet her new neighbours!
Works.

Re: upgrades and time requirements
QUOTE (Aria)
Due to the slightly different nature of the 2072 game I am happy to gloss over the time that it would normally take in favour of moving things on. The chameleon coating can be applied when you get back to the shop (not sure how that will go with the steam punk styling). For the submersion task you can either request we have a timeline jump after things have cooled off or we can say you’ve been working on it and the final stages are only a couple of days away…either works for me!
I figured the coating could be part of / enhance the steampunking.  It is effectively color where you want it, when you want it.  If that coating can be used for billboard advertising, I'm sure I can us it to make 'fixed' gears appear to be turning.  Or smoke / steam to be coming from 'vents'.  Alternatively, adjusting the colors to deemphasize or alter shadows could make the surface team punk gears nearly invisible, or at least look very different.  Unless you touch them.  Smoke and mirrors.

I do not want to get too far (timeline) from current events.  Back dating the start of the preparations works.  A timeline jump later might be good, to give more room to back date later things again.

Re: Submersion, Free Sprite, Resonance Bond
QUOTE (Aria)
Looks like you have a better handle on this than I do, you can spend some karma to get a free sprite quality/contact if you want, or I can try and work it in IC if you go looking (we can do that as a timeline shift with you alone if you wanted to?)
Timeline shift? as in back time, to have it available in the current now for the submersion task?  If yes, then the back time shift for the submersion task above is minimal, since Reassembling only takes a few hours: sprite rating hours to register + sprite rating hours for the reassembling process.  Assuming Sprogget can succeed in the the 2 tests (the first time).  He can buy success for one but not the other (dice pools of 8 and 7) Just need to do the task (within?) 24 hours (UW141) ahead of the submersion itself.  Looks like the task could be immediately before the submersion.

If practical to back date the search for meeting a willing Free Sprite, how much time should be allowed for that?  Let me know, and I can start an IC post where Sprogget is making plans, both for the future submersion, and for gaining some of the bonuses for a resonance bond.  Since this is to be IC, the Sprite would need to be coaxed / convinced to do the bond, and what bond it is willing to do.  The reassembly is a nice carrot for it though.

QUOTE (Aria)
I would like to point you to NSEDM on this one as the virus is his baby (so to speak)…the link has a floating set of male genitalia on it!!! You get access to a typical teen link (I leave you to be as colourful and creative as you like here!). The lad with the gun is simply identified as Mike and there are none of the text messages or other references between friends that you might expect, almost as if it was a professional relationship!
I guess that explains her throwing the monocle away, and being so willing to get rid of the link smile.gif Noted for when get to a point were practical to have a look.

Right. NSEDM. I was seeing you in that thread, but not paying attention to who was managing.
Machine Ghost
@Notsoevildm, Virtual Scream

Does it make sense for a beginning PC to be playing in your >1rtu@l5cr3@m thread?

The scream has been impacting the E:Tribes efforts, so Sprogget got involved indirectly, and has made a few IC posts about it. He has now 'acquired' a commlink with the virus on it. As a dronomancer, he is more interested in accessing and using hardware than software, but what little information he has so far says it has been targeting lots of different types of hardware. That has got his interest up, more than just wanting to be able to protect his and the tribes equipment. When he goes to look at that commlink (currently powered off, and in a Faraday cage lined bag), he could find a sample to work with, or find that the commlink was slagged by the virus attack.

RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 12 2013, 04:58 AM) *

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

7.1 Mordred & Gemeaux fires again [using pre-genned rolls], Attacker 1 lays down suppressing fire with SnS, attacker 3 drops to same floor level as Gemeaux & Mordred. Gemeaux chucks grenade at attacker 1 (assuming you don’t risking life and limb against SnS and throw once burst has gone past…!)
7.2 Attacker 3 burst fire at Gemeaux (rolled surprise for you both! ork.gif) Attacker one drops his gun and launches himself down to your level like a burning comet!
7.3 Gemeaux fires at burning guy and he goes down. Mordred targets Attacker 3 but misses in the confusion. Attacker 3 wings Gemeaux [1 net hit = 5+1S/Im +2: Resist Bod+Im = 10D = 4 hits = 2 more stun & knockback!

@Gemeaux: Not sure if you want to go full def to avoid this one (I didn’t think it was worthwhile but you may disagree smile.gif). I should also get you all to add 5 normal damage resistance rolls to your pregenned list when you have a sec!

@Mordred: I’m using up your pregenned rolls, hopefully that’s ok??? Targets haven’t been much of a choice so I don’t think it’s a problem yet but yell if you want to do something else instead…!

Please do. My internet and job are giving me quite a few problems. By the way, Mordred will continue fighting until the enemies are all dead. If they get close enough, he'll go into melee with Killing Hands. However, if the fight turns against them, he'll retreat while buying time for Tsubaki and the Collots to make their getaway.
Notsoevildm
@Machine Ghost, Virtual Scream

Sounds like fun. I will ask Aria to add you to the victimplayer list for virtual scream as well as your current thread and we'll see how it works out. I keep an eye on the whole thread but can you add the Virtual Scream tag to any cross-thread posts.
Notsoevildm
Some random rolls for Copperhead:

Reaction test: 6d6.hits(5)=3

Initiative: 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=1 = 7, 1 pass

Oops forgot -1 from stun damage. Doesn't affect results above and factored into rolls below.

Grappling the kids: Agi 3 + Unarmed 2 - Stun 1 = 4d6.hits(5)=1 - not amazing, but might at least grab one of them.

Perception test: Int 3 + Per 1 - Stun 1 = 3d6.hits(5)=0 - she is not the most perceptive of PCs. Fortunately her vison enhancements (that I forgot to add) are more perceptive than she is: 3d6.hits(5)=2

And possibly the most important one: Reaction 3 + Dodge 2 - Stun 1 = 4d6.hits(5)=1
JxJxA
@ Aria/E:PL/UK:

Gemeaux's next set of actions:

Le Repartie: Modded Colt M23
Mods: Extended Clip, Internal Smartgun System, Personalized Grip, Gas Vent R3, Powered Folding Stock
Range w/o Penalties: 0-50 (-1 med, -3 long, -6 extreme)
Ammo: EX-Explosive (50c)
DV: 7P
AP: -2
RC: 5

Simple Action: Get up
Free Action: Take aim (courtesy of Krav Maga)
Simple Action: Wide burst at gel round attacker
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smartgun(2) + Synch(1) + Aim(1) - Cover(2) - Wound(2) - Visibility(2) = 11d6 for 2 hits and a glitch?!? At least it's not critical. x_x

32 bullets remaining in the clip
Machine Ghost
@Notsoevildm, Virtual Scream
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 13 2013, 02:22 AM) *

Sounds like fun. I will ask Aria to add you to the victimplayer list for virtual scream as well as your current thread and we'll see how it works out. I keep an eye on the whole thread but can you add the Virtual Scream tag to any cross-thread posts.
Will do, when my timeline gets to where Sprogget has a bit of time to dig a bit.  Hmmm, current E:Tribes timeline is traveling from Bellevue back to Puyallup.  Seems like that should be enough time to have a sprite do (or at least get a good start on) a bit of background research.  Search start timestamp "Sept 1 21:45".  That should be late enough that *some* information is going to be available.  Given the days events, >1rtu@l5cr3@m is going to be a hot topic on the matrix.  The problem will be to filter for useful information, not finding 'on topic' information.

Data Sprite(4)+Sniffer ==> Hunter
UW138 Dronomancers, compiled sprites appearance
Compile(2)+Resonance(4) vs Sprite(4)
Compile opposed Data Sprite(4) with sniffer optional CF (6d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=0)
Got 2 tasks, (minimum) 2 fading;
Fading resistance Intuition(4)+Resonance(4); buy 2 hits

"Do Your Best" ==> use edge.  If you think this needs to actually be multiple data searches to get effective results, use edge of the first data search roll for each search.  Otherwise, use edge on the first 4 rolls of the single search.  Given the scenario, that will be a remote task, due to intermittent matrix connectivity.  Rolled assuming single search.

"Hunter" Data Sprite extended Data Search
Data Search(4)+Browse(4)+Edge(4) descending dice pool
12d6.hits(5);11d6.hits(5);10d6.hits(5);9d6.hits(5);4d6.hits(5);3d6.hits(5);2d6.h
its(5);1d6.hits(5)
"Hunter" Data Sprite Data Search with edge, extended test (12d6.hits(5)=3, 11d6.hits(5)=2, 10d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 3=)
seems to have hit the limit for multiple combined rolls: truncated at 5 rolls.  Maybe that is a hint to quit while ahead smile.gif
"Hunter" Data Sprite Data Search reroll 6's from edged tests (4d6.hits(5)=1)
13 hits, without doing the final 3 from the descending pool
GM to decide how long that takes, and whether Hunter can get back to Sprogget while traveling (if done in time).
If it helps with defining the search criteria, Sprogget has the Analytical Mind quality, which gives bonuses for evidence analysis, data search, clue hunting, pattern recognition. Note that sprites SR4A240 are 'listed' as semi-autonomous entities. I am understanding that to also mean (semi)sentient, and has the ability to be at least somewhat flexible in following instructions. So if it encounters related information during the search, not explicitly stated, it is (or can be) smart enough to include that in the report. Similar to agent and drone ability to 'understand instructions' UW111 sidebar. To bad I can't compile a sprite with the 'Fuzzy Logic' AR136 upgrade smile.gif . Should make GM's response fairly flexible.

Assumption: A single task does not need to be a single data search.  One of the options for a single task, is continuous use of a single 'power'.  I am trying to get continuous / repeat use of skills + complex forms toward a single goal.  Information about >1rtu@l5cr3@m.  I am looking for multiple details, but searching for the age, show size, hair color, weight of a person would not normally be multiple searches.  The single search for a 'bio' should cover that, even if pieces of the information come from multiple sources.

For GM reference, here are links to most of the {mostly IC} posts where Sprogget was previously (and now) involved with the virus: hearing about, researching, speculating, discussing, encountering (in meatspace/AR)
EDIT: I've seen the information collected by others, and expect much the same / overlapping results. The aim here is for the technical side. Either a GM IC post as Hunter, or a OoC point form post that I can turn into IC works. Just the information that Sprogget can use IC as a base for any planning. Of course GM can get creative, and twist this around all over the place smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 13 2013, 09:22 AM) *

Done!
Aria
@E:CoP/Mr J and anyone else that has a view (perhaps some of you might like to give this a go?):

Mr J is manfully continuing on by himself on this thread but I’d like to throw it out there again to see if there’s some more interest. I’m considering some amendments to the original pitch, any comments you have before I advertise this more broadly would be much appreciated!

[ Spoiler ]
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 10 2013, 03:39 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/All
IC posts up.

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. In Argent's kid's school's node waiting for clean node to return home. Argent will make an admin account on her commlink. I assume her link is pretty much SOTA with an agent constantly running Analyze. Argent will have called in a couple of favors to help her with Gossamer's chassis. I was thinking of using Copperhead's contacts: Slater (mouthy elf street decker) for the matrix part and Cutter (grumpy cybered ork ganger) for the heavy lifting, but feel free to use other contacts that she can call on at short notice (and who haven't been hit by the virus themselves). Aria to post
I like the idea of bringing in Copperhead’s mates – the shadows are only so big and it provides a nice consistency!

As Argent has given me admin access I will ‘move’ to her link to get the benefits of the better response etc. I’ll maintain a subscription to the postal node but won’t be ‘in it’. I also have the subscription to Gossamer’s low power link…
Machine Ghost
@Aria, from IC
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 14 2013, 10:22 AM) *
@E:Tribes, Travellers
Avoiding the 512 and its greater risk of confrontation with rowdy go-gangers you are gliding down S Meridian with your goal almost in sight when the impromptu stinger flashes out across the street from a seemingly derelict and burnt out Americar that is already blocking one of the four lanes…
Stinger? Search references I get in my SR pdf's are: natural weapon; Stinger (insect) swarm; Raecor Sting holdout weapon. None of those seem to make sense in this context, so I am missing something. Unless that was a intended to mean a shot fired, but impromptu?

Me == confused
Dakka Fiend
Color me confused too. Is someone shooting at cars with surface-to-air missiles?
Aria
I might be wrong but I'm thinking of the spiked chain thing police slide across the road to take out tyres...
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 14 2013, 04:28 PM) *
I might be wrong but I'm thinking of the spiked chain thing police slide across the road to take out tyres...
AH! Road Strip AR106. Probably Spike Strip given your initial wording. Vehicle order becomes important here, as well as perception. Sprogget and the monocycle would not care in the least about running over a spike strip. The smart wheel has nothing to puncture. It is a series of extendable rods. Zapper the monocycle could care about. Next would be whether the van has run flats.

Given the IC posting, whoever is up first gets to see it anyway.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 14 2013, 11:28 PM) *

I've always known them as stingers. Maybe it's a regional thing.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 14 2013, 02:00 PM) *
@E:CoP/Mr J and anyone else that has a view (perhaps some of you might like to give this a go?):

Mr J is manfully continuing on by himself on this thread but I’d like to throw it out there again to see if there’s some more interest. I’m considering some amendments to the original pitch, any comments you have before I advertise this more broadly would be much appreciated!

I am enjoying it, I think it's great fun actually. This sort of game translates much better to pbp than a traditional run does imo. I hope you've changed the recruitment writeup to reflect how I'm playing the game. You could go with "You play as randy aging gentlemen trying to seduce young girls".

On a serious note though, do you want me to make any changes to fit the new spec or are you just gonna make mine up based on how it's going?
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Feb 15 2013, 08:54 AM) *
I am enjoying it, I think it's great fun actually. This sort of game translates much better to pbp than a traditional run does imo. I hope you've changed the recruitment writeup to reflect how I'm playing the game. You could go with "You play as randy aging gentlemen trying to seduce young girls".

On a serious note though, do you want me to make any changes to fit the new spec or are you just gonna make mine up based on how it's going?

Going for a low D rolling game so it doesn't really matter if you can't be bothered to throw some numbers at the new system...might be worth it if you have got a sec though as a sort of 'play test' to see if it throws up anything I ought to change. Can I suggest if you edit your character that you put the existing info in a spoiler tag so we can compare?

Any other interest from existing 2072 players? I know it's a bit different from normal SR but it is good fun biggrin.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Feb 15 2013, 01:48 AM) *
I've always known them as stingers. Maybe it's a regional thing.
I know them as spike belts. Had to do some searches in the pdfs to find what SR4 called them. Wikipedia tells me that:
A spike strip (also known as traffic spikes, tire shredders, one-way traffic treadles, stingers, stop sticks, a stinger in police slang, and formally known as a tire deflation device)
Guess I should have done a google search instead of / as well as a search in the PDF files. Just as a check, "stinger" did not return anything useful in the first page or results, but "stinger traffic" put that wikipedia reference at the top of the list.

@RdMarquis, LeFey is on the team tacnet, so she would have information about status as fast as anyone else, including Sproggets warning.
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes

Got distracted last night, and missed posting this when I did the IC.

It's been 'just' an IG hour since that dose of snuff, so jumped in Sprogget can maybe buy hits for up to threshold 4 (hard) Vehicle Test SR4A168. If that is not good, make the 'lane change' a bit sooner, so it should only be threshold 2, for steering through narrow spot.
Length of time multiplier for snuff bonus: 10x1d6 minutes (1d6=6)
Horizon DR AR108; Smart Tires AR106

If you don't like the path and assumptions, IC can be edited. One of the upgrade plans is a specialization of 'wheeled' for pilot ground craft. Got some serious practice on the way to Bellevue. Doing without that extra still.

Raw sensor data would be Sensors+Perception+Actively Looking(3). This is a recording though. Should that be Data Search+Browse instead? Right now, Sprogget would get better numbers with the perception (I think).
Dakka Fiend
Hmm stingers, learn something new every day. wink.gif

Yup, I'm gonna have Tweak try and break through / push aside the Americar at the kerb side of the road.

First time I'm doing this, so if someone spots rules mistakes, chime in.
Let's say Bulldog Step-Van (Body 16, Armor 8 ) at 60 metres/turn.

Ramming, our van has a base DV of 16P at that speed and has to soak 8P with 24 dice itself.
Treating the Americar as barrier, it tries to soak 16P + successes on Tweak's vehicle test damage with 2 * its armor rating and if the remaining DV is at elast equal to its structure rating, we break through. If not, well, let's see. wink.gif

BTW, made another attempt at setting up an account with invisiblecastle and this time it worked. smile.gif

First, the soak roll for our poor van: 16 body + 8 armor give exactly the 8 hits we need. smile.gif

Second, Tweak's driving roll: Response 5 + Pilot Ground Craft 2 + hot VR 2 + Handling 1 for 2 hits.

Third, Tweak has to make a second Pilot roll as a save vs crashing: 10 dice again for only 1 hit. Luckily, the hot VR means he only needs the one. wink.gif

Aria, if modifiers make that a fail, I'll Edge to reroll.

Long story short: The car has 2*armor rating to soak 18P down to less than structure. If they're about the same as a sedan's armor and body, we should crash through without much trouble.

Edit: Must have confused the van with some other car, Handling should be 0 not 1. Luckily, the last die was a dud on both rolls.
Slacker
@Dante/VirtualScream

If you want to pick up a conversation with Dubstep, I'll be arriving at Hai Fuk shortly after 12:30 to meet with Cat. Dubstep is AmerInd, dressed overly sharp for this neighborhood and moving along the the beat of a set of large headphones that appear to have been modded/repaired by hand a few times.
When he first gets there he will look around for the person he's supposed to meet and then take a seat and order up a steaming bowl of noodles. While he waits, he will be doing some light AR activity and looking up any time somebody new comes into the place.
phlapjack77
@Dubstep/VirtualScream

Cool! Done smile.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 15 2013, 11:18 AM) *
@RdMarquis, LeFey is on the team tacnet, so she would have information about status as fast as anyone else, including Sproggets warning.

Can't believe I didn't realize that. The post has been edited.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Feb 15 2013, 01:57 PM) *
Hmm stingers, learn something new every day. wink.gif

Yup, I'm gonna have Tweak try and break through / push aside the Americar at the kerb side of the road.

First time I'm doing this, so if someone spots rules mistakes, chime in.
Let's say Bulldog Step-Van (Body 16, Armor 8 ) at 60 metres/turn.

Ramming, our van has a base DV of 16P at that speed and has to soak 8P with 24 dice itself.
Treating the Americar as barrier, it tries to soak 16P + successes on Tweak's vehicle test damage with 2 * its armor rating and if the remaining DV is at elast equal to its structure rating, we break through. If not, well, let's see. wink.gif

BTW, made another attempt at setting up an account with invisiblecastle and this time it worked. smile.gif

First, the soak roll for our poor van: 16 body + 8 armor give exactly the 8 hits we need. smile.gif

Second, Tweak's driving roll: Response 5 + Pilot Ground Craft 2 + hot VR 2 + Handling 1 for 2 hits.

Third, Tweak has to make a second Pilot roll as a save vs crashing: 10 dice again for only 1 hit. Luckily, the hot VR means he only needs the one. wink.gif

Aria, if modifiers make that a fail, I'll Edge to reroll.

Long story short: The car has 2*armor rating to soak 18P down to less than structure. If they're about the same as a sedan's armor and body, we should crash through without much trouble.

Edit: Must have confused the van with some other car, Handling should be 0 not 1. Luckily, the last die was a dud on both rolls.
I was going to say that Tweak should also get +2 dice pool on the vehicle tests from tacnet, but rereading UW128 looks like does not apply. If the target vehicle had been moving, then yes for maneuvering, but a stationary target is not dodging, so no probable vector calculations needed. Given the initial description, that car is already 'hurting', so could finish destroying with less.
karhig
@Virtual Scream
I've been super busy the last few days. I need to post a Darkhorse post to conclude Cat's first job and then another post to get to the noodle place. I'll try and get this done ASAP, sorry if I'm delaying anything.
Dakka Fiend
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 16 2013, 05:02 PM) *
I was going to say that Tweak should also get +2 dice pool on the vehicle tests from tacnet, but rereading UW128 looks like does not apply. If the target vehicle had been moving, then yes for maneuvering, but a stationary target is not dodging, so no probable vector calculations needed. Given the initial description, that car is already 'hurting', so could finish destroying with less.

Given my luck with Pilot rolls, those two dice wouldn't have changed anything. During one campaign my character managed to sink every single ship he took control of. Luckily, the GM kept attacking us with pirates, so we had a steady supply of ships. wink.gif
Aria

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

8.1 Gemeaux & Mordred fire at attacker 3, attacker 3 fires flashbang at all of you!

Mordred and Gemeaux, can I have resists against the flashbang please as it's a bit out of the ordinary! 6S -3AP resisted with Impact. You get cover bonus [+4D] offset by area effect [-2D] as the grenade has come from behind your cover but you still get assorted equipment between you and it...

Gotta love non-lethal tech, it's often worse than lethal ork.gif (and it's not just a gamey reason that they are using it against you, there's a plot reason too!). Hope you bought some stim patches! If not I'm happy to retroactively say you have some, you all have sufficient posts under your belt to buy a few and every shadowrunner should have several!

Tsubaki, to confirm once again, the exit you are at will take you outside at the far end of the dam where you entered. To get to the boat you need to go back in and down through the make-shift door leading to the Clearwater compound. You may or may not be able to get into the compound from the shore (you now know where the entrances are!) but the entrance to the boat chamber doesn't appear to be at the shoreline?!?

If you choose to go outside you have an open space and then some tree cover. The shore or the resevoir are fairly barren though with little or no cover.

All: On the optimistic note that 'you've got them pinned' don't forget you've only seen the first car full so far...just thought I'd point that out ork.gif
Fairy
@Aria

Oh, okay! smile.gif So, does this mean that the boat CAN arrive to shore? It sounds like there may not be any boat entrances, but if the entrance is somewhere else, the boat could possibly be driven on over to this particular shore and do some picking up of people? ...Right? XD

Otherwise, let me know so I re-write my post accordingly. XS
JxJxA
@ Aria:

Cripes, I may have to buy a few of those stim patches. x_x On a lighter note, now that I know that CoP has a streamlined char building thing, I think it's time to resurrect Trismegistus! XD
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Feb 16 2013, 11:17 AM) *
@Virtual Scream
I've been super busy the last few days. I need to post a Darkhorse post to conclude Cat's first job and then another post to get to the noodle place. I'll try and get this done ASAP, sorry if I'm delaying anything.

No worries from my end. I posted something IC for Cat and Dubstep to meet at Hai Fuk Noodle Shop for lunch and now he's there and things are moving towards Dante come talk to him while waiting for Cat to arrive.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 18 2013, 12:21 PM) *
@ Aria:

Cripes, I may have to buy a few of those stim patches. x_x

I'd do the same, but here's the thing.

Body (3) + Impact (6) + Cover (2) - AP (3) = 8d6

I only got one hit, which means Mordred is unconscious.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932778/

Love to Edge this, but I don't remember if I have any left. Unfortunately, I lost my character sheet when my old computer broke. I'm going to look at my old posts and see if I spent it all. Incidentally, he's out of explosive bullets and switching to regular. Assuming he gets the chance.
RdMarquis
I've searched all my posts since I registered at Dumpshock and found no references to rerolls (from Mordred) or Edge. If it's okay, I'm going to assume I had one left, and use it to reroll the dice that didn't get hits. If not, I'll thank my teammates to drag me to safety. ^_^;

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3932805/

3 hits.

Mordred is down to three Stun boxes, but that's better than being completely out.
JxJxA
@ Aria/E:PL/UK:

Depending on what happens with my role, you guys may be dragging Gemeaux off. I've taken 6S already

Soaking flashbang:
Body(4) + Impact(5) + Cover(4) - AP(3) - Area(2) = 8d6 for 2 hits. I checked my posts from the start of the fight, and I think I've only spent the one point of Edge in rerolling my failed thrillseeker roll, so I'm spending 1 point of Edge to reroll misses for 2 more hits. Suffice to say, I feel like crap, but at least I'm still up and running. x_x

What kind of action is it to un-jam a gun? I don't know, but I'll (hopefully) need to next IP.

La Reponse: Modded Savalette Guardian (smartgun built in)
Mods: Extended Clip, Improved Rangefinder, Internal Silencer, Skinlink, Advanced Electro Safety Shocker
Range w/o penalties: 0-20 (-2 for long, -5 for extreme)
Ammo: EX-Explosive (15c)
DV: 6P
AP: -2
RC: 1

Free action: Switch Le Repartie to offhand
Simple action: Quickdraw La Reponse and shoot Attacker #3
Quick Draw: Need 3 hits
React(8 ) + Fire(4) - Wound(2) = 10d6 for 4 hits. Boom.
Shoot Attacker #3
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smart(2) + Synch(1) - Cover(2) - Vis(2) - Wound(2) = 10d6 for 4 hits.
Simple action: Shoot Attacker #3 again
Agi(9) + Pistols(4) + Smart(2) + Synch(1) - Recoil (1-1=0) - Vis(2) - Wound(2) - Cover(2)= 10d6 for 5 hits.

11 bullets left in clip
Aria
Ok, E:Tribes turn to see some combat (man I'm a gluton for punishment!!!). As with E:PL it makes sense to get some pre-genned rolls from each of you (best case so we'll add all the positive mods that seem appropriate and then I can knock off D from the end as needed. It would really help me if you can copy and paste the actual rolls (plus the assumptions you've made on mods etc) in so I don't need to go through to Invisible Castle to check them that way!

So, a single initiative roll (unless you really want to roll lots?), perception rolls, your normal attack rolls, defense rolls (plus good cover seems logical, any other positive mods that seem reasonable), full damage resist rolls assuming no AP and against ballistic armour, anything else you can think of now...happy to roll others as needed but this is a good start!
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Updated OOC summary.

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Safely in Argent's link. GM to post.

Mister J/Cipher - Slumped in a heap at reception of Ares Seattle General Hospital. Currently on 6S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 3S). GM to post.

Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Slacker and Phlapjack have hijacked Jenny Ho to keep the scene moving. Good job guys. Waiting for Cat to arrive. kahrig to post.

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Chasing the goons who attacked Harvey. GM to post.

Uller - Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Sent a message to see if Big Peat is still with us. MIA.

ChromeZephyr
Bunch of rolls for Scrapheap
Initiative: Initiative 8 = [4,6,6,3,6,1,6,4]. 4 hits, Initiative 12, 1 IP.

Perception: Intuition 4 + Perception + Visual Enhancement 3 = [6,4,1,3,2,2,3,3,4,1,2], [2,5,3,3,6,1,4,5,2,2,5], [5,4,5,3,2,3,6,5,3,4,5]. 1 hit, 4 hits, 5 hits. Wasn't sure how many you wanted, so I figured 3 was a good number.

Puyallup Gangs Knowledge check: Intuition 4 + Puyallup Gangs 4 = [4,2,5,4,4,5,1,4]. 2 hits.

Shooting Remington 990 at <target>: Agility 4 + Shotguns 3 = [5,4,6,4,5,3,2]. 3 hits. 7 damage, -1AP before net hits.

Dodge against return fire: Reaction 4 + Good Cover 4 = [4,6,6,5,1,3,4,2]. 3 hits.

Damage resistance: Body 5 + Armored longcoat 6 + Toughness = [5,2,1,2,4,2,5,2,5,2,3,2]. 3 hits.

Mister Juan
Hopefully, this goes here. The spoilers are just to prevent the post from being ridiculously long smile.gif

CoP character submission

Mieke Van Der Veen
Human Female, mid 20s
Blind Jazz Pianist and Signer
Board Member of Regulus Joint Industries

[ Spoiler ]

Sphere of Influence
[ Spoiler ]

Resources:
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts:
Level 6 or 5 Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities:
Positive
[ Spoiler ]

Negative
[ Spoiler ]

Gear / Ware / Spells Etc: 
[ Spoiler ]

Entourage:
[ Spoiler ]
JxJxA
Circles of Power:

Basics:
[ Spoiler ]

Entourage and Contacts:
[ Spoiler ]

[More to come...]
RdMarquis
Ok, here are LeFey's rolls.

Perception: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3934664/

3 hits

Ballistic Armor: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3934665/

3 hits

Pistols: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3934666/

2 hits, 6S(e), -half AP

Reaction (with Good Cover): http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3934674/

1 hit

Initiative: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3934673/

2 hits, for a total of 8.
Machine Ghost
Encounter with Spined Drakes gang: Bunch of rolls for Sprogget.

With tacnet currently up, many of the already posted rolls should get a couple of extra dice for the pool.  With tacsoft rating 2, 5 team members, the bonus maxes at 2 dice.
UW126 lists a bunch of tests where the bonus applies, including close combat, dodge, firearms, infiltration, maneuvering, perception.

Physical Initiative: Rea(4) + Int(4) (8d6.hits(5)+8=[5,1,3,6,3,1,1,6,8]=4) "+8" did not work the way I expect, so really 1 IP 3+8=11
(with Snuff bonus: Is that still active?  Right at the limit for the effective time.
currently rigging the DR in full VR so
Matrix Initiative: Response(5) + Int(4) (9d6.hits(5)=[3,5,2,5,2,1,5,1,6]=4) 3 IP 4+9=13

Main bunch of rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Full VR, 3 IP, only 1 needed to control the monocycle.  Use others to hunt for more targets, until have more information.  'Normal' perception on the sensors, plus specific for the radio signal scanner to spot wireless sources associated with people, weapons, other 'mobile' equipment.  All except the commlinks very short range (3 or 40 meters typical, SR4A222).  Hidden commlinks still detectable as a signal source, although can not hack them until located as a matrix node.
Locate enemy wireless sources; Radio Signal Scanner(6): Data Search(2)+Sniffer(6)+Analytical Mind(2)+VR(2) (12d6.hits(5)=5)
12d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,5,1,1,5,3,3,5,3,5] = (5)
If getting anything, can do some more rolls [descending pool?]

If get clear targets, Sprogget will try some ramming SR4A169, probably hitting in the 21-60 meters/turn range, though could get higher if get into open area. Monocycle is the size (width at least) of a motorcycle, so should be possible to take it through a doorway. Or ram a door to open it for others.

Not seeing or hearing much for the first perception, but just look at that second visual perception!!

Edit: Added spoiler tags around major bunch of rolls
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
IC posts up.

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Safely in Argent's link. Aria, I'd like to move Gossamer along to at least a point where there is more information about the scream online. Also, just how much would ingame Aria want to get her hands on a possible emergent AI. I'm thinking 'a lot'. And can you refresh my memory about Argent's capabilities (I think that despite some tech, she is also a mage)? Aria to post.

Mister J/Cipher - Bagged, tagged and brainscanned. Currently on minus lots of dice due to cocktail of drugs being pumped into him. Mister J to post.

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Just arrived at goon central. ChromeZephyr to post.

Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Slacker and Phlapjack have hijacked Jenny Ho to keep the scene moving. Good job guys. Waiting for Cat to arrive. kahrig to post.

MachineGhost/Sprogget - Hunter sprite out hunting. GM to post

Uller - Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Sent a message to see if Big Peat is still with us. MIA.
karhig
@Virtual Scream / NSEDM
Post up for Cat's meeting with Darkhorse. I progressed it a little into his house as I presumed that's where she would end up and want to catch up with the others in the noodle brothel, hope you don't mind.
Dakka Fiend
Aria, E:Tribes

Tweak
[ Spoiler ]

Spring
[ Spoiler ]

Hey, with a bit of luck, I'll get four more posts in before Spring gets killinated and I've got the Karma for him to spontaneously develop Mystic Armor. wink.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 20 2013, 05:37 AM) *
Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Slacker and Phlapjack have hijacked Jenny Ho to keep the scene moving. Good job guys.

Glad to see you approve. smile.gif
Aria
@E:CoP,

JxJxA and Mister Juan, I've linked your character sheets to post 2. Feel free to post an intro post for your characters around August '72. If you want to be at the NeoNet party that's great, if not let me know what you are up to and I'll weave you in to the plot smile.gif

EDIT: Although I have posts for everyone else to write first so I'll get you going as soon as I can, promise!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012