Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Holiday hasn't been as quite laid back as I had hoped. However, you are not here to hear about my vacation, but to shadowrun, so here's a quick update followed hopefully by some IC posts.

Aria/Gossamer - Has a couple of leads (CSS, MMO). Down in Crimson Crush territory with Slater. About to go check out leads in Matrix. Post up!

Mister J/Cipher - Has a couple of leads (CSS, MMO). In nice comfy hospital bed rolling down corridor towards somewhere, accompanied by the odd couple. Hospital drone about to rescue Cipher just as soon as I post. Post up!

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Initiated while delivering goods back to Harvey. Picked up new ID and did some digging around online. Post up!

Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Dante has been ordered to find out why the Jasons hit the restaurant. Dubstep and Cat safely out of Barrens and arranging new meet with Dante. Post up!

MachineGhost/Sprogget - Post up! Probably raises more questions than it answers.

Uller/The Big Peat - Last seen lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. What's that smell coming from that lockup?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 27 2013, 06:00 AM) *
Apologies for the delay in responding to E:Tribes,

@RDMarquis:

Trace attempt [trace+computer vs. 10 (+4/proxy server)] – stealth per roll.  Note you are in a resonance well (almost like a UV node for TMs experiencing it!!!) rt 2, which adds 2D to all rolls using resonance.  The Disonant is at -2D!

The stealth is a little dubious – can you have stealth running and still be visible to people in the node?  The quick view of the stealth program in SR4a didn’t exactly clarify it for me!  Machine Ghost knows the matrix rules better than I do, got an opinion MG?  I’m going to rule that (s)he isn’t hiding from you and has no stealth CF running…

It only being a matter of time you’ll find him/her quickly…more or less just outside the mall +/- 50m!
.. snip ..
The way I interpret RAW (and some fluff stories), Stealth SR4A234 does not have to be all or nothing.  It hides normal signals from perception by trying to pretend to be part of standard processes.  But anything the user does explicitly still effects the (matrix) environment, so deliberately communicating will make your voice / presence visible to the recipients, while still hiding you from the system.  Think of it as running a (trideo) projector, while hiding the user of the projector.

So I would expect that the Disonant would be running stealth, to help get past the firewall, but is still visible to the group because he chose to be visible.  That would not negate the modifier SR4A230 for trace though, since that does need to work with the underlying signals, not the deliberately displayed icon.  The stealth rating would be dependent on the skill rating.  If the Disonant notices (opposed matrix perception SR4A228) the trace, he can make it harder again by using redirect trace (Spoof CF).

Base trace: Sprite Computer+Trace+Well(2)-Disonant Stealth(10 + 4/proxy server,Complex Action)
Once trace noticed, and if Disonant chooses, threshold increases by net hits from
Disonant Hacking+Spoof-Well(2) vs Sprite Computer+Track+Well(2) (each complex action that redirect is used)
With the Sprite running Stealth, noticing will be an opposed test
Disonant Computer+Analyze+TM(2)-Well(2) vs Sprite Hacking+Stealth+Well(2)

For all of that, each Sprite roll would be (start at) sprite rating * 2 + 2, and GM would need to remove the dice for the stealth rating on the rolls used for the trace.

Even with worst case, unless Disonant Hacking+Spoof-2 is more than Sprite rating * 2 + 2, as Aria said, barring major problems (critical glitches?), it should be just a matter of time. Gets harder if Disonant gets more IP than the Sprite.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jun 27 2013, 09:47 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/All
.. snip ..
MachineGhost/Sprogget - Frank-Hunter mostly under Sprogget's control. Knowsoft feeding info to his head. Notso to post once he finishes reading through MG's giant list of questions!
.. snip ..
That knowsoft means being able to explore the new knowledge smile.gif Starting from what is already known, and what is personally important.
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Posts up for everyone. Now to deal with my PCs!

Aria/Gossamer - Has a couple of leads (CSS, MMO). Down in Crimson Crush territory with Slater. About to go check out leads in Matrix. Post up!

Mister J/Cipher - Has a couple of leads (CSS, MMO). In nice comfy hospital bed rolling down corridor towards somewhere, accompanied by the odd couple. Hospital drone about to rescue Cipher just as soon as I post. Post up!

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Initiated while delivering goods back to Harvey. Picked up new ID and did some digging around online. Post up!

Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Dante has been ordered to find out why the Jasons hit the restaurant. Dubstep and Cat safely out of Barrens and arranging new meet with Dante. Post up!

MachineGhost/Sprogget - Post up! Probably raises more questions than it answers.

Uller/The Big Peat - Last seen lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. What's that smell coming from that lockup?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 27 2013, 06:00 AM) *
.. snip ..
@Machine Ghost…that drone is vicious! 6 hits again, at least the ganger had a fighting chance of dodging and with the worsening weather you lost another visibility D.  So, you have a captive [Ork teenager], if you can keep him long enough.  The feed Cam sent you shows two hogs inbound, moving fairly cautiously rather than rushing in blind…feel free to IC their approach and let the others know.

Static is now 2 ECM but I suspect you can easily get past that, more for flavour than effect!
ECCM 6 on the drones, including on the sensors, so not a real problem.

Seems LeO is more bloodthirsty than Scrapheap smile.gif

UWBR AR60 as millimeterwave radar (cyberware scanner) SR4-255 SR4A262
IC references to 'drones' also means the monocycle.
Using passive sensors means no radar, UWBR, Ultrasound.  Audio, spatial recognizer, visual, thermographic, low light, radio signal scanner all still active.
Filtering out the storm: Select Sound, new custom sensor software CF(2)
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jun 27 2013, 04:48 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/All
.. snip ..
.. snip ..
Nailed that, starting with timline.  Your IC post shows 22:xx after leaving the mall, syncronized with the E:Tribes posts.
My IC post 22:29 at the ambush site, before getting to the mall, ends with Sprogget asking Franken-Hunter if he can|will open (hack) the commlink with the >1rtu@l5cr3@m piece, and asking for him to not touch the piece, at least until Sprogget gets a good look at it (to compare with what he sees in Franken-Hunter).

Your later IC post responds to the general situation (really from earlier posts), but not that specifically.  My next and latest virtual scream IC post, still on the way into the mall, is where some of the IC questions were being asked.

Missing: what would/could Franken-Hunter do to help access the commlink?  If he did not absorb the scream piece immediately, what did Sprogget learn by examining the piece and comparing/contrasting it to Franken-Hunter?  Then the response(s) to the explict questions.  Given your latest IC, the part about vanishing nodes could directly apply.

Side note: the commlink was from the girl, not Mike.
Assumming the latest IC was intended to be after leaving the mall, and Franken-Hunter waited until then to absorb the piece from the commlink:
From the wording, Franken-Hunter took over the functionality of the knowsoft from Professor Gadget at the same time.  Will another analyze show a new CF, or something reconfigured again?  What happened to Professor Gadget?
Re: Franken-Hunter is part of him now, Did you mean that Franken-Hunter’s (expanded) knowledge is now part of the knowsoft information, or something more?
Part of the tacnet could (just?) mean that Franken-Hunter joined the tacnet as another member, just like one of the drones.  Did you intend something more?
The part about being part of the devices and sensor in the tacnet is not clear.  As a member of the tacnet, Franken-Hunter would have access to all of the data feeds.  He could also do something non-standard, to have more of a 'presence' in those devices.  Looking for a little clarification on what Sprogget is seeing|perceiving, relative to what would be RAW.  What happened, and what seems to be impossible.

Sprogget already has a headache (6 stun, but only 1 dice pool negative due to the snuff pain resistance)

Speaking of possible reconfiguring, did sprite stats change along with the icon?

Again assuming timing intent for that post, and assuming Aria and the incoming Drake bikers give time, Sprogget will be giving another close look at the changes to Frankenhunter.  With 3 IP, that will not need much time, compared to waiting for the bikes to arrive at meat speeds.

This might even be an opportunity to resurrect an idea from when Sprogget first met Fraken-Hunter.  If the Drake bikers have any sort of tech running, talk Franken-Hunter into attacking it just before springing the ambush.  He seems to have a 'taste' for taking things over.

EDIT: OOC info is fine. I can fill in (back date) a Sprogget post as appropriate.
Notsoevildm
Attempting to answer all questions:

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 28 2013, 03:45 AM) *
Nailed that, starting with timline.  Your IC post shows 22:xx after leaving the mall, syncronized with the E:Tribes posts.
My IC post 22:29 at the ambush site, before getting to the mall, ends with Sprogget asking Franken-Hunter if he can|will open (hack) the commlink with the >1rtu@l5cr3@m piece, and asking for him to not touch the piece, at least until Sprogget gets a good look at it (to compare with what he sees in Franken-Hunter).
My intention was to move things forward so we don't have to go back and retcon anything, so I brought the timeline up-to-date while trying to incorporate most of the questions from earlier.
Franken-Hunter did hack the commlink with the piece but just ignored the command not to touch it.

....Missing: what would/could Franken-Hunter do to help access the commlink?  If he did not absorb the scream piece immediately, what did Sprogget learn by examining the piece and comparing/contrasting it to Franken-Hunter?  Then the response(s) to the explict questions.  Given your latest IC, the part about vanishing nodes could directly apply.
Through the knowsoft Sprogget knows everything about the piece:
- it was dormant, it was smaller due to limitations of the commlink
- it contained overlapping fragmented information as well as new program elements of the virus. These have now all been integrated into Franken-Hunter without changing it's ratings although it is now even more flexible in the programs it can emulate.

Side note: the commlink was from the girl, not Mike.
Will fix post to reflect that!

Assumming the latest IC was intended to be after leaving the mall, and Franken-Hunter waited until then to absorb the piece from the commlink:
From the wording, Franken-Hunter took over the functionality of the knowsoft from Professor Gadget at the same time.  Will another analyze show a new CF, or something reconfigured again?  What happened to Professor Gadget?
Re: Franken-Hunter is part of him now, Did you mean that Franken-Hunter’s (expanded) knowledge is now part of the knowsoft information, or something more?
Part of the tacnet could (just?) mean that Franken-Hunter joined the tacnet as another member, just like one of the drones.  Did you intend something more?
The part about being part of the devices and sensor in the tacnet is not clear.  As a member of the tacnet, Franken-Hunter would have access to all of the data feeds.  He could also do something non-standard, to have more of a 'presence' in those devices.  Looking for a little clarification on what Sprogget is seeing|perceiving, relative to what would be RAW.  What happened, and what seems to be impossible.
Prof is gone and the knowsoft is now part of the new Franken-Hunter entity. In game terms it counts as a single sprite, with same rating as before (4 I believe).
Sprogget is now infected with the virtual scream virus, which used the knowsoft as a backdoor to hack his bionode and then infect all devices/sensors subscribed to the tacnet. The tacnet is currently locked open as if by Black IC. Manually powering down devices (e.g. removing batteries) will still work but they are all now infected by the Franken-Hunter variant of virtual scream.

Sprogget already has a headache (6 stun, but only 1 dice pool negative due to the snuff pain resistance)
Add a box of physical damage. I'll edit the post.

Speaking of possible reconfiguring, did sprite stats change along with the icon?
Rating is the same but it can do more, including still acting as a knowsoft.

Again assuming timing intent for that post, and assuming Aria and the incoming Drake bikers give time, Sprogget will be giving another close look at the changes to Frankenhunter.  With 3 IP, that will not need much time, compared to waiting for the bikes to arrive at meat speeds.
Should have covered most info above. Let me know if you need any more specifics.

This might even be an opportunity to resurrect an idea from when Sprogget first met Fraken-Hunter.  If the Drake bikers have any sort of tech running, talk Franken-Hunter into attacking it just before springing the ambush.  He seems to have a 'taste' for taking things over.
Do you really want to unleash the Franken-Hunter? Fine by me! Mwuhahaha!
Notsoevildm
@Aria: Rolls for Copperhead.

Casting Detect Enemies at F3:
Magic (4)3 + Spellcasting 3 + Detection 2 + Mentor 2 = 10d6.hits(5)=4 - limited to 3 hits so 3 m range
Resist (F/2)+1 = 2S Drain :
Charisma 4 + Willpower 5 + Limited 2 = 11d6.hits(5)=4 - no drain
Machine Ghost
@Mach_Ten,

Because of what NSEDM did with Sprogget's sprite, I checked your Crow character sheet for tech that would be accessible via tacnet. Your Sony Emperor commlink does not seem to have an OS installed, which means 0 rating for system and firewall.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jun 28 2013, 10:18 AM) *
Should have covered most info above. Let me know if you need any more specifics.
The important (to Sprogget) detail that seems to be missing, is what Frankenhunter knows about the disappearing >1rtu@l5cr3@m pieces.  When Sprogget learned about the pings, and that the count is decreasing steadily, he became concerned.  He figures that he might have discovered the connection between and pointing to the pieces more easily than most others, due to the bright idea of creating a knowsoft, but he is not egotistical enough to believe he is the only one that knows about it.  There were questions about someone possibly deliberately hunting for and removing/destroying the 'infections'.  The concern is that Sprogget expects (although did not explicitly check for) that Frankenhunter is also sending out that ping.  If sending ping, and there are one or more >1rtu@l5cr3@m hunters in the ’trix, then there could be unwelcome visitors dropping in.  Sprogget wants to know if that is likely, and what might be done about it.  Maybe some variation of running stealth, doing redirects with spoof, using (and changing) proxy servers.  The base Data sprite does not have those CF, but it did not have Attack, Exploit, ECCM, Knowsoft either.  Given the suddenly merged infection situation, Sprogget should probably just know what is going on.  At the actual technical actions/events level at least.  I will guess that the cause of the >1rtu@l5cr3@m outbreak will remain a mystery (to the Franken-Hunter entity) at least until more/all of the fragments are collected/merged.

Does that new knowledge include details about actually removing (at least normal/regular) pieces from nodes?

Meta-gaming, I expect that MMO (and others) would be extremely interested in getting hold of Sprogget and Franken-Hunter.  Cypher seems to have had a taste of that already (even if that timeline is tomorrow).

Does Sprogget know (through the knowsoft) that the tacnet connections are locked open?  At the current time, he has no reason to try closing them.  The damage/infections are already done.  Horses and barn doors smile.gif

Dubstep managed to move multiple pieces to a nexus, and apparently temporarily to his own (higher end) commlink.  Other information says a piece is willing to move to a higher rated node.  Would these new pieces on tacnet devices be willing to move to LeO?  Try to clean Crow and Scrapheap's tech before separating from them for their own protection.  Their commlinks are both response 2, so potentially, I could move those pieces to even the girls commlink. Will the lock go away if the piece is moved off of the commlink?

OOC information about what Sprogget (now) knows will help with IC posting.

Franken-Hunter did hack the commlink with the piece but just ignored the command not to touch it.
I’ll work on a fill-in/context post for that.  Did the hack occur back time, and Franken-Hunter just 'now' absorbed that piece?  Did Sprogget get a look at the piece before Franken-Hunter ate it?

Through the knowsoft Sprogget knows everything about the piece:
- it was dormant, it was smaller due to limitations of the commlink
- it contained overlapping fragmented information as well as new program elements of the virus. These have now all been integrated into Franken-Hunter without changing it’s ratings although it is now even more flexible in the programs it can emulate. 
The information about the piece is what I/Sprogget expected.  What Sprogget was interested in mainly, was seeing what a piece looked like that was not part of a sprite.  Trying to get a feel for what adding a sprite/resonance did to the original >1rtu@l5cr3@m entity.  The merged/infected Franken-Hunter is *impossible* from Sprogget’s view.  He wanted to know how impossible the base >1rtu@l5cr3@m was.

Assuming the knowsoft feeds the information, so Sprogget knows what just happened / changed, he will be doing observe in detail to verify what he knows (bonus dice?).  Given what has been happening is *impossible* in his old world view, he *has* to look to see if what he *knows* is really true.

Prof is gone and the knowsoft is now part of the new Franken-Hunter entity. In game terms it counts as a single sprite, with same rating as before (4 I believe).
Sprogget is now infected with the virtual scream virus, which used the knowsoft as a backdoor to hack his bionode and then infect all devices/sensors subscribed to the tacnet. The tacnet is currently locked open as if by Black IC. Manually powering down devices (e.g. removing batteries) will still work but they are all now infected by the Franken-Hunter variant of virtual scream.
Yes, original hunter sprite was rating 4.  Does all of those new infections mean that that ping count jumped suddenly, or does this all count as a single entity?  The IC post said the count dropped by one, and Sprogget realized that the 'one' was the piece from the girls commlink, and that Franken-Hunter 'took' it.  But, the new infections should increase the count.
That is actually a fair amount of tech infected, especially if the individual sensors got included in that.  Main (commlink equivalent) nodes (Response, Signal, System, Firewall):
monocycle (3,3,3,3), LeO(6,5,6,6), G’Eye(3,5,3,3), Banjo(3,5,3,3), Crow-Sony Emporer(2,3,x,x), Scrapheap-Sony Emperor(2,3,2,2), Sprogget-CMT Clip(1,3,1,1), Sprogget-bionode(4(5),2,4,3).  The girls commlink-Novatech Airwave(3,3,3,3) was not on tacnet, but Franken-Hunter already had access to it from the original hacking.  If Sprogget did not power it off, or put it back in the Faraday cage bag after Franken-Hunter hacked it, and he got the look he wanted.
There is is also Scrapheap’s smartlinked AK and vision/audio sensors, Crows smartlinked AK and vision/audio sensors, and a LOT of sensors on the drones.  See the Vehicles & Drones pdf link on the posting linked through 'orc' in my sig.  Much of Sprogget’s PAN (Earbuds, Subvocal Mic, Goggles, Radio Signal Scanner) are subscribed/clustered/slaved to the monocyle for it’s sensors (since Sprogget was using the sensors of whichever drone he was jumped-in to).  That leaves (AR Gloves, Wireless Adapter(5), Emoitoy(3,3,3,3)(rating 6), Inline Skates, Respirator, Trodes) in the PAN, plus additional accessible (some through skinlink) tech carried and in the back pack (Medkit, 3 x electronic paper, Holo Projector, Satellite Link, Handheld sensor with 3 x Non-Linear Junction Detector, 3 x wireless adapter(3), 4 x RFID audio sensor with spatial recognizer, 5 x RFID video sensor with Thermo, Low Light and Vision Mag, Tag Eraser, Area Jammer, Miniwelder).

I gather that the new infections are normal' >1rtu@l5cr3@m instances.  That is the sprite did not replicate, it just loaded regular (non resonance) code/data to each target.  Of special interest for that, is LeO, which has response,system 6, which could hold a bigger piece.

Curious how you envision a bionode infection in game terms.  Hacking a bionode is doable by RAW, and there is even a hint or 2 about possible resonance based viruses.  But a bionode (living persona) explicitly does not have any storage capacity SR4A239 to save a simple data file to, let alone install/load something like an agent with program and data payload.

Some of the changing abilities of Franken-Hunter look like a Free Sprite doing (a fast version of) Reassembling UN158. Sprogget will know a bit about that, since he was doing some research and searching for a Free Sprite to help him with Submersion.

Add a box of physical damage. I'll edit the post.
K

Do you really want to unleash the Franken-Hunter? Fine by me! Mwuhahaha!
If Sprogget has any sort of confidence in 'directing' Franken-Hunter, he can not really think of a more deserving bunch to get 'screamed' at than the Drakes.  Or whoever is directing them.  Perhaps the expand/internalized knowledge will tell him more.  If he trusts it in this situation.  [Meta] humanity has a long history of using weapons that it does not understand devil.gif alien.gif

Of course that could overlap / interfere too much into the E:Tribes thread.
Notsoevildm
@Machine Ghost: Too many quote blocks error so just answers here. Hope it's clear!

Franken-Hunter is sending out a ping. It cannot be suppressed but Redirect would make it harder to track it down.

You need all the parts to work out what happened.

Sprogget knows that individual pieces of the virus can be transferred and merged.

There are a number of online sites claiming to be able to remove the virtual scream virus including a Mitsuhama subsidiary.

MMO and CSS are not obviously looking for virtual scream, but clearly someone is.

Sprogget knows (through the knowsoft) that the tacnet connections are locked open.

Sprogget can try and convince Franken-Hunter to move to LeO. This will free up the tacnet and all connected devices.

Franken-Hunter hacked the link when Sprogget asked it to, but waited until it had infiltrated surrounding nodes before absorbing it.

Franken-Hunter is very impossible. In contrast the base virus looked just like a standard dormant agent/virus with rating equal to the link (1-2) plus a multimedia datafile (only slightly impossible).

Sprogget's knowledge from the knowsoft indicates that whatever happened to the sprite has created something new (possibly a nascent AI) that is learning/growing/reassembling itself as it absorbs other parts of the virus and any programs/data it comes into contact with. The takeover of the tacnet was mostly a self-defence mechanism to prevent it from being shutdown.

It counts as one distributed program with a single ping at the moment. Any parts that get cut off and then switched back on would count as standard dormant pieces with their own ping.

The virus is doing a Johhny Mnemonic on you if you read the book or saw the film. The data is overwriting his memories and damaging his brain in the process, hence the physical damage. Getting it all onto LeO might be a good idea!

QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 29 2013, 05:30 AM) *
Some of the changing abilities of Franken-Hunter look like a Free Sprite doing (a fast version of) Reassembling UN158. Sprogget will know a bit about that, since he was doing some research and searching for a Free Sprite to help him with Submersion.
Good call. Assume that Franken-Hunter can do stuff in combat turns that should normally take hours. This includes hacking nodes!

Franken-Hunter is not too interested in the Drakes unless one of their devices is infected, but could help by fast hacking admin accounts on their links/devices and could then dump a big chunk of multimedia data onto them to slow their response by one. Actual game effects up to Aria!
Machine Ghost
@NSEDM,

will not attack.  I guess Franken-Hunter does not consider these infections to be attacks.  I'll have to 'discuss' the state of the world / matrix with him.

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jun 29 2013, 08:31 AM) *
@Machine Ghost: Too many quote blocks error so just answers here. Hope it's clear!
Clear enough.  Note: You can cut down on the number of quote blocks, by using few/larger blocks, and inserted content inline like this

Franken-Hunter is sending out a ping. It cannot be suppressed but Redirect would make it harder to track it down.
.. snip ..
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 28 2013, 09:30 PM) *

Some of the changing abilities of Franken-Hunter look like a Free Sprite doing (a fast version of) Reassembling UN158.  Sprogget will know a bit about that, since he was doing some research and searching for a Free Sprite to help him with Submersion.

Good call. Assume that Franken-Hunter can do stuff in combat turns that should normally take hours. This includes hacking nodes!
I assume you mean probing the target SR4A236, since hacking on the fly SR4A230 is always done in combat turns.

The virus is doing a Johhny Mnemonic on you if you read the book or saw the film. The data is overwriting his memories and damaging his brain in the process, hence the physical damage. Getting it all onto LeO might be a good idea!
I've seen the movie and read the book both, so yes that works.

.. snip ..
Enough information for the several posts. As you can see smile.gif  I'll edit posts if I get too far ahead, and you find that my {un}conscious assumptions break things.

I'll assume that that the physical damage will get worse, but that will take a bit of time to start kicking in.  Getting tacnet working correctly will be high priority, but Sprogget is going to spend a bit of time scrambling (and in shock) as the world shifts under him once again.  He also likes the sudden new (more personal|direct) knowledge that the close relationship provides.  Not being sure that the knowledge will remain if/when Franken-Hunter moves, he will rush to document as much/quickly as he can what he 'knows', while talking to Franken-Hunter about the real world and nodes in it.

Do not know if it will work for {game} real, but Sprogget has a definite use for a friendly AI, if he can help create it.  Sister Osha|Oyl is working towards a small but full Clinic|Hospital at the Mechanicals home/complex.  An AI guard/spider/administrator would be perfect.  Even more so if the full AI retains some of the flexible program abilities that Franken-Hunter has demonstrated.

Not needed for a few posts, but assuming Franken-Hunter knows what its own capabilities are (regarding flexibility and program reconfiguration), Sprogget should know now too.  What are Franken-Hunter’s (current) abilities and limits?  Previous Information says that when he got back from the requested search, he had the standard abilities of the base Data Sprite, plus an exploit program, plus an attack program that can be 'reconfigured' into (at least) ECCM.

How about abilities relative to other >1rtu@l5cr3@m instances?  I am guessing that different pieces can/will have different program payload sets, even if they are the same rating.  Which is why Franken-Hunter picked up something extra from the piece on the girl's commlink.  It had something that was different from the original sample pieces.  Given the response that the base virus looks like a standard dormant agent/virus, does (Sprogget know if) they have any sort of morphing program capabilities, like Franken-Hunter demonstrated with the ECCM?

Another possible knowsoft detail: how many unique pieces does it take to create the whole?  Variable depending (partly) on piece rating?  Previous piece merges?

Using RAW, redirect only works on a trace in progress, requiring knowledge that the trace exists, typically by being in one of the intermediate nodes that the signal and trace pass through.  The ping you are using though seems to be more of a broadcast, to all of the other scream pieces.  That makes noticing a trace difficult.  Any node that any of those 9000+ signals pass through could be a potential source for a trace.  In RAW, proxy servers would work better.  Direct the ping signal to a single node {possible chained to other nodes}, and have the final node do the actual broadcast.  Change the node/chain regularly, so any (incomplete) trace needs to be restarted.  In fact any sprite (not in full remote task / disconnected mode) is effectively using a proxy.  Any trace of a sprite's activities will end up at the TM that created the sprite.  Which explains Sprogget's concern.  Any RAW trace will be slowed down by the target running stealth.  Proxy servers, redirects, or not.  Given how fast a trace works (Computer+Trace-target stealth(10,complex action), even a beginner could track an unprotected single target in a few seconds.

See (pending) IC for some (of Sprogget's) thoughts on the ping.

Spoofing a new access ID should break any completed trace that has not been followed up on yet, but that requires a full disconnect from the matrix, and Franken-Hunter would not like that.

Sprogget 'wonders' (if Franken-Hunter knows) how much of the reducing ping count is from from merging pieces, instead of destroyed or offline pieces.  It might be a special case, but Sprogget knew when the sprite ate the piece from the commlink.  Does the ping (or other information) show the change of new merged piece when 2 merge?  Identify a new merged piece as well as the one that went away.  IE. Would it be possible to go to a piece that is known to have just merged?

Being put on hold/back burner IC, but needs some GM input about what seems to be possible:
QUOTE (Sprogget-knowsoft plus thoughts)
Franken-Hunter sprite plus >1rtu@l5cr3@m is something new/.
He|they|it is learning|growing|becoming, changing as it eats|merges with|absorbs more new|unique pieces of the virus, and any programs/data it comes into contact with.  Hmmmm!?  Something to think carefully about.  Can|should I be a teacher|coach|mentor?  Providing a sequence|series of pieces.  I wonder what the limits are for contact with data?  Is my memory|knowledge|skills going to be data?  I’ve used the simrig CF to create 'clips' that include emotional content.  The way Franken-Hunter and I are currently joined at the hind-brain, can he access, or I feed information from memory?  Without losing it in the process of course.  Think CAREFULLY.  Do not rush.

That looks like enough for now. Time to give GM a chance to catch up, and make comments if desired. At this point, the interesting piece is if that is enough to get Franken-Hunter to move, and how that affects the tacnet nodes. Expecting the virus pieces to remain, but other things back to normal, next step is probably to see if the pieces in Crow's and Scrapheap's commlinks can be moved somewhere else, off of the tacnet. The Airwave looks good, but by itself does not have enough sensors to be part of tacnet. That can be changed, since Sprogget has plenty of useable supplies in the backpack.
Machine Ghost
@Aria, NSEDM,

How many >1rtu@l5cr3@m infected nodes are there (to be found) in the tribal home turf?  Latest
IC count of total (registering) instances is about 9400 (spread around the whole 'plex).  Seattle 2072 page 8 lists the population as 3,000,000+ (excluding SINLESS?)(that seems low, since http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_metropolitan_area indicates 3.9 or 4.2 million for about the right area in 2012).  Downtown S2072-40 is 545,000 where the virus started, and might have a bit higher infection rate.  Puyallup is estimated at 506,000.  The scream infects nodes, not people, so is likely more prevalent in higher tech area, adjusting the opposite way by level of security.  Prospero's action of cutting the main matrix connection could also impact this, although he might have been too late to keep it out completely.  As a very conservative estimate, I'll say 10 matrix nodes for each person.  Every: Commlink; Low or higher lifestyle (CHN); vehicle/drone; business location; Weapon smarter than a knife; PAN devices will jump that count even faster.  Without any other compensations/adjustments, that says that on average 1 node out of each 3191 is currently infected, or if all nodes are assigned to people, one person in 319.
This will overlap with whether Sprogget can find those infections or not (see knowsoft queries), but he will have a priority of protecting the tribes.  Without a reasonable way of filtering to just the tribe members and friends, he will opt for processing based on the physical location, which should be doable give the triangulation done IC.

@Aria, consider whether going through the infected nodes in the tribal turf (and immediately around it) is going to net some Spined Drakes (or others working with them), and whether hacking those nodes is going to get any useful information.  Not all infected nodes will be commlinks.  Sprogget could be very busy with scream stuff, but maybe could pass the targeting to LeFey?  Plus possibly a boost for initial hacking, if FH can assist as the pieces are collected.  Even with all the other things happening, Sprogget still wants to get hold of that Nanofax.  And supplies to run it.  *Taking* it from Spined Drakes, or their supporters would just add to the enjoyment.

@NSEDM,
Implications for this?  Sprogget just started a feed of the tacnet information to Mechanical security headquarters: offer, accepted, implemented; Started just 2 IC posts before Franken-Hunter made his move.  That would not be part of tacnet, just a data feed from Sprogget containing the data (tapped) from the tacnet sensors, to be used to fill in and augment the mesh information at the home office.  Tacnet involved, because that is the point where all of the sensor information comes together.  Since that was just the sensor data, would any observers in the security office have seen anything (scream related) when FH moved in and jammed the connections?  I would guess not, but it's your scream.  That feed provides a link to where Sprogget does not want FH to do any meddling, so it is going to need to be cut off, if possible.

Which tech (commlinks) currently accessible by Sprogget is (seem to be) virus free?  Sprogget needs to report to Cam and Nimbus his updated status/state, taking what precautions he can, to let them know that he needs to be treated as a potential (matrix) hazard until more is settled.  Email/text message seems safest, to not provide/keep open a link that could also be used as a path for FH.  At the same time, he needs to point out that he may be able to provide some matrix targeting assistance for the more physical threats, if can setup safe enough way to communicate.  Normal matrix with participant awareness?  text/email?  Dropbox?
Main commlink: CMT Clip? - this is clustered with sensors 'owned' by the monocycle, but it is the monocycle's node that is actually on tacnet.
Novatech Airwave that FH absorbed the piece from?

Franken-Hunter / knowsoft information checks
generic answers:
- information already exists in the knowsoft
- information does not currently exists, but knowsoft has information about how to acquire it, FH can do it
- information does not currently exist, but knowsoft has information telling Sprogget how to get it
- information does not currently exist, but knowsoft says FH might be able to answer
- completely unknown, not in the knowsoft
- should be in the knowsoft, but GM has not figured an answer yet
- GM has not decided if knowsoft should know
Fill in what you can, so Sprogget can pick which areas to use/avoid.  Negative answers are also useful in a lot of cases.  Knowing specific information exists, even if without the actual information, makes posting much easier. Or fill in places that you prefer Sprogget to focus on smile.gif

>1rtu@l5cr3@m ping information; knowledge about:
the current map location of each piece?
the (system) rating of each piece?
the data in each piece? (for determining uniqueness)?
the specification for the node currently hosting the piece? ratings, node type?
- extension: would this show special for Cypher and his taxi driver?
information about the pings that have/are disappearing? (destroyed, absorbed by other {specific} node, gone offline?

>1rtu@l5cr3@m data clips information; knowledge about:
do the individual clips include information {meta data} about the source: physical location, timestamps, matrix address, participants

information about the >1rtu@l5cr3@m pieces; knowledge about
do individual pieces contain information about the parent infection they are from? (whether included in the ping information or not)
number of pieces needed to complete the full set?
(how) can 2 regular pieces be triggered to merge?
can any 2 pieces be merged, or are their limitation?  What?
when 2 pieces merge, what is the (new) rating of the result?
- variation(s) based on (relative) rating of pieces?
- variation(s) based on uniqueness of pieces?
what programs are (could be) in a piece?
do lower rated pieces have fewer programs?
do (some) different pieces of the same rating have different programs?
what limitations on transferring multiple pieces to the same node?
- eg.  How many rating 2 pieces would 'fit' on a rating 4 commlink?  How many rating 3 pieces?
What triggers a dormant piece to go active again?
What triggers an active piece to go dormant?
What creates a new piece? a single active piece exploiting/attacking one node at a time?  Multiple piece cooperating (teamwork) on exploits?
How are nodes to be subverted chosen? (random accessible, supplied list, shared list from other pieces, ...)
What is the difference between an exploit to infect a node, and the scream?
What is the nature/purpose/content of the scream?
Are there other sprites infected/fused with scream parts?
Are there other bionodes infected with scream parts?
- answer may partly depend on whether history information is available for ping information.  On this timeline, Cypher should be unconscious/drugged in the hospital.  Might not be active ping?  Although the kidnappers showed up fairly soon after he woke up, but they could have learned about him through hospital reports instead of directly.

information about Franken-Hunter; knowledge about
how to trigger/prevent FH from absorbing:
- sprite?
- mundane program?
- >1rtu@l5cr3@m piece?
identify pieces that FH needs to grow?
Will FH absorb pieces that are a duplicate of what he already has, acting as a cleaner?
programs and reconfigurations available to FH?
skills and knowledge available to FH, not part of base sprite?

I had a thought, but decided to not try creating a more permanent IC record of the impossibility of Franken-Hunter.  Let him become an urban legend after the fact, with nothing concrete to point to.  Using the simrig, Sprogget should be able to create a convincing demonstration that Franken-Hunter exists, and is doing impossible things.  Possibly only (fully) understandable by another TM.  I thought of maybe showing it to Osha|Oyl, for several reasons.  Just sharing the unique with sis for starters, plus the potential for that maybe AI, plus as a diagnostics base for the physical damage Sprogget took.  He is used to her fixing up scraped knuckles and more.
Machine Ghost
@E:tribes,

Chasing some post links, I noticed that Aria had named the corp girl from Bellevue IC, so my post edited to change Nicole to Megan.

@Aria,

Nudge: Submersion, Sprogget and Free Sprite / Guild search
IC 1
IC 2
IC 3
OOC
Aria
Wow, lots of catching up to do! biggrin.gif

Will do my best this week but I'm a tad stretched...

Thanks for the Nudge MG, anyone else got one then feel free as I don't always pick things out of the OoC, or even the IC nyahnyah.gif
eBreeze will be the person at Freedom that you eventually end up talking to about their resonance guild...would like to introduce you before some nasty disonant kills her off ork.gif

Quickly regarding FH and the incoming bikers - like the first lot you met they are running skinlinked smartlinks, wifi off and communicating via the outdated milspec coms...so I don't think you've got a target unless you get to touching distance wink.gif
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: I'm assuming that Uller's file included the data on Slicer, yes? Man, Alex is a busy boy.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 1 2013, 06:33 AM) *
.. snip ..
Thanks for the Nudge MG, anyone else got one then feel free as I don't always pick things out of the OoC, or even the IC nyahnyah.gif
eBreeze will be the person at Freedom that you eventually end up talking to about their resonance guild...would like to introduce you before some nasty disonant kills her off ork.gif
.. snip ..
Well, she should have at least a week left then, since that thread is a week or so back time cyber.gif
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes, Virtual Scream, GM’s

Comments on the modified node header for the latest IC post?  Currently the links in the spoiler are all pointing to the Sprogget character sheet post.  I am considering creating a separate OOC post for each of {at least} the drones, to show status type information better than the single vehicles and drones PDF linked from that post.  Updating the PDF when changing a few options would be a pain.

@NSEDM,

information about the >1rtu@l5cr3@m pieces; knowledge about
do individual pieces contain information about the child infections they created?

>1rtu@l5cr3@m ping information; knowledge about
does the ping information contain something like a unique ID for the piece?
can the ping channel (or something else) be used to bypass firewall of infected nodes?
- if FH does not want to do it, Spoof commands as >1rtu@l5cr3@m

The >1rtu@l5cr3@m knowsoft information checks are {of course} to help make plans on where to take Sprogget and Franken-Hunter.  There are more questions than needed, because *I* don't know which answers will lead somewhere useful.  Some things planned/wanted/in the back of the head that the information would be used for:
Keeping tribal members safe/protected
Getting the infection pieces off of other Drakehunter's commlinks
Searching for infections in and near the tribal turf
Cleanup of infections for tribal members and bystanders
pwning tribal attackers infected devices
learning (remembering) what the >1rtu@l5cr3@m pieces [will] do (active,dormant)
learn/remember what types of nodes have been infected: especially unique cases:
- eg: bionodes, sprites : possible link to Cypher and the taxi driver
Find out if FH absorbs/reassembles basically everything, or has it's own agenda/preferences already
- LeO has Encrypt that might interest FH.  The pilot also has several autosofts, but I expect that drone autosofts are not useful to an AI RC89.
Return to Sprogget's shop in the Mechanical's complex *IF* safe for the tribe
Get a bit of rest to heal enough stun damage to get rid of wounds modifier
Feeding more pieces to Franken-Hunter, but keeping some control
Feeding at least one more sprite to Franken-Hunter (to help FH hide the ping)
Create sprite (not for FH to eat, at least yet) to help repair damage to DR, same or another for LeO
Attempt to find/repair glitch in LeO (nothing to do with FH, but he is right there, and plan would be to use a sprite with diagnostics to help with that: FH might like the diagnostics sprite power SR4A242)
Get Osha (sister) to heal the physical damage
Have Osha standing by for some FH interactions that might have more impossible results
Get some 'real' sleep

Which get actually attempted, and the order will depend a lot on the information Sprogget can get from the Knowsoft, results from previous actions, and if he can get FH to cooperate.

Scenario ideas: when FH returned from the search, the ping that he sends out would have been going through Sprogget, who is running Stealth(3), Spoof(1) CF.  That could help hide from traces.  When FH 'moves', the ping 'might' start sending directly through LeO's connection instead.  That change could make Sprogget consciously aware that previously he was hiding the signal, prompting actions to hide it again.  First just ask FH to route the ping back through him again, then later create a sprite with a task to connect between FH and the matrix, and hide the signal/block tracing.

Attempt to get stronger agreement from FH about not attacking, pwning, infecting nodes without prior approval (parent to child smile.gif, especially tribal (and friendly) resources.  Sprogget's conscience would not let him go home, if he figures there is much chance of FH getting into the tribal systems.  He *could* get some rest in the monocycle, but dozing off on a bike in Puyallup, in or outside of the barrens seems rather suicidal.

If Sprogget learns about Cypher and the taxi driver, try to figure out (knowsoft, ask FH) what would happen if FH meets one or both of them.  Given the way DR absorbs pieces, I can see that curing Cypher, the two sprites might be a problem.  The repairs and sleep will use time to bring closer to Cypher's timeline.  Given that FH is *a new thing*, the knowsoft might not know either.  No reference.  Never happened before.

Right now, I do not see an obvious way to connect to the other Virtual Scream PC's.  Most of them are too far off of Sprogget's current timeline.  Gossamer is close, but there seems to be nothing likely to make them aware of each other.  The checks Sprogget is doing about the pings and infected nodes are not likely to bring that situation to light.  Gossamer's home node is likely just going to show as another (household) drone infection, although maybe higher rated than most.  And Gossamer would not be there anyway.  At this time, Sprogget has no interest in getting too close to MMO, with a matrix presence that a major (even subsidiary) corp is likely to have.  Yes he is interested in what happened, but other priorities are higher, and his skills lead other directions.  There does not seem to be any advantage (to Sprogget or the tribes) to tweaking that beast's nose.  If you want to make the connection, it likes it will need to be an accident from one of the PC actions, like Dubstep ending up at the tea house with Dante.  Sprogget will be tracing some of the pings/pieces, to find pieces for FH, to complete the set (if that previously mentioned system 10 limit does not get in the way).  Don't see how that leads to Gossamer though.

If he does end up with a reason to check more closely in to MMO, the approach is likely to be physical, and with drones.  Maybe bring Oyl along for that.  That Shapechange spell has some possibilities.  Snakes in the ventilation?  Of course, wards and other magical protection becomes a problem then too.
Notsoevildm
@Machine Ghost,

Holy posting Batman!

Some more answers:

Yes, I meant probing the target. Basically allows Virtual Scream to hack a node without raising an alert.

Yes the physical damage will get worse, but will take a bit of time to start kicking in. 

The tacnet is still working, just locked open.

Frank has the standard abilities of the base Data Sprite, plus an exploit program, plus an attack program that can be 'reconfigured' into (at least) ECCM + knowsoft function. Sprogget knows that Frank can basically reconfigure his programs to hack anything and infect it.

Majority of other >1rtu@l5cr3@m instances are dormant viruses/agents that can only prevent themselves from being deleted and have a bunch of data attached. Each piece is unique but performs the same basic function. The only other unique piece that you know of OOC is Cypher's infected taxi sprite.

Sprogget gets the feeling he needs to rebuild Frank's body. That could be hundreds, thousands or even all the pieces.

The ping is like a cry for help. It is not being directed at the other nodes. If two nodes interact it might act as a wakeup allowing the two pieces to merge. It bypasses stealth meaning Sprogget has a big target painted on his icon for anyone looking for the pings. Indeed Redirect doesnt help unless someone is actively tracing (always bothered me) but proxy servers might help to at least give a warning that someone is coming.

Spoofing a new access ID should break any completed trace that has not been followed up on yet, but that requires a full disconnect from the matrix, and Franken-Hunter would not like that. Correct

Frank cannot tell if the reducing ping count is from from merging pieces, instead of destroyed or offline pieces. Ping does change when two merge so would be possible to go to a piece that is known to have just merged.

Frank will move out of the tacnet and into LeO at Sprogget's request. He will even move out of all the linked devices (LeO is big enough to hold all of Frank's data but Frank counts as 4 active programs so might slow LeO's response). This includes Sprogget's brain although the damage is done and the knowsoft will stop working.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 1 2013, 05:31 PM) *
@NSEDM: I'm assuming that Uller's file included the data on Slicer, yes? Man, Alex is a busy boy.
Correct!
Notsoevildm
@E:Tribes, Virtual Scream, Machine Ghost

Some more info for Sprogget

do individual pieces contain information about the child infections they created? No

does the ping information contain something like a unique ID for the piece? Each piece has a unique ping
can the ping channel (or something else) be used to bypass firewall of infected nodes? No, still needs to be hacked, but bypasses stealth. >1rtu@l5cr3@m is just very good at hacking

Keeping tribal members safe/protected - uninfected links are safe from Frank now that Sprogget has given him a few life lessons. cutting connection saved the tribals from infection!
Getting the infection pieces off of other Drakehunter's commlinks - seems non of the Drakes have active devices. If any of their skinlinked comms are infected, Frank will eat those up if exposed to them
Searching for infections in and near the tribal turf - there may be a few infected commlinks or drones about, small pieces only (a finger, toe, piece of intestine, etc.
Cleanup of infections for tribal members and bystanders - tribals are clean
pwning tribal attackers infected devices - if you activate wireless Frank wil hack them for you
learning (remembering) what the >1rtu@l5cr3@m pieces [will] do (active,dormant) - dormant pieces just protect themselves from deletion. Frank is the only active piece you know of

learn/remember what types of nodes have been infected: especially unique cases:
- eg: bionodes, sprites : possible link to Cypher and the taxi driver - most infections are commlinks/drones with ratings 1-3 (~4000 each), some lower rating (1-3) corp systems (~1000), there are only a handful of bionodes/sprites

Find out if FH absorbs/reassembles basically everything, or has it's own agenda/preferences already - Frank will now absorb all and any other scream pieces it encounters, Prof Gadget was just an innocent bystander

- LeO has Encrypt that might interest FH.  The pilot also has several autosofts, but I expect that drone autosofts are not useful to an AI RC89 - Probably not but then Frank is an exception!

Return to Sprogget's shop in the Mechanical's complex *IF* safe for the tribe - Frank wont attack/infect the tribe
Feeding more pieces to Franken-Hunter, but keeping some control - if you can find them
Feeding at least one more sprite to Franken-Hunter (to help FH hide the ping) - wont hide the ping, but might give Frank extra abilities
Create sprite (not for FH to eat, at least yet) to help repair damage to DR, same or another for LeO
Attempt to find/repair glitch in LeO (nothing to do with FH, but he is right there, and plan would be to use a sprite with diagnostics to help with that: FH might like the diagnostics sprite power SR4A242) - munch, munch
Have Osha standing by for some FH interactions that might have more impossible results - ok

Scenario ideas: when FH returned from the search, the ping that he sends out would have been going through Sprogget, who is running Stealth(3), Spoof(1) CF.  That could help hide from traces.  When FH 'moves', the ping 'might' start sending directly through LeO's connection instead.  That change could make Sprogget consciously aware that previously he was hiding the signal, prompting actions to hide it again.  First just ask FH to route the ping back through him again, then later create a sprite with a task to connect between FH and the matrix, and hide the signal/block tracing.
- Sprogget would be aware that Frank is pinging from LeO. Trying to conceal the ping won't work but he can still try!

Attempt to get stronger agreement from FH about not attacking, pwning, infecting nodes without prior approval (parent to child smile.gif, especially tribal (and friendly) resources.  Sprogget's conscience would not let him go home, if he figures there is much chance of FH getting into the tribal systems.  He *could* get some rest in the monocycle, but dozing off on a bike in Puyallup, in or outside of the barrens seems rather suicidal.
- Frank now knows the basic facts of life. He is content to make his home node in LeO and will only go after infected nodes for now. At least that is what Sprogget believes!

If Sprogget learns about Cypher and the taxi driver, try to figure out (knowsoft, ask FH) what would happen if FH meets one or both of them.  Given the way DR absorbs pieces, I can see that curing Cypher, the two sprites might be a problem.  The repairs and sleep will use time to bring closer to Cypher's timeline.  Given that FH is *a new thing*, the knowsoft might not know either.  No reference.  Never happened before.
- Sprogget is aware of the bionodes, not Cypher specifically, but it's a good way to get the two of you into contact.

Right now, I do not see an obvious way to connect to the other Virtual Scream PC's.  Most of them are too far off of Sprogget's current timeline.  Gossamer is close, but there seems to be nothing likely to make them aware of each other.  The checks Sprogget is doing about the pings and infected nodes are not likely to bring that situation to light.  Gossamer's home node is likely just going to show as another (household) drone infection, although maybe higher rated than most.  And Gossamer would not be there anyway.  At this time, Sprogget has no interest in getting too close to MMO, with a matrix presence that a major (even subsidiary) corp is likely to have.  Yes he is interested in what happened, but other priorities are higher, and his skills lead other directions.  There does not seem to be any advantage (to Sprogget or the tribes) to tweaking that beast's nose.  If you want to make the connection, it likes it will need to be an accident from one of the PC actions, like Dubstep ending up at the tea house with Dante.  Sprogget will be tracing some of the pings/pieces, to find pieces for FH, to complete the set (if that previously mentioned system 10 limit does not get in the way).  Don't see how that leads to Gossamer though.
- Cypher seems the most likely connection, although Dubstep might run into Frank while looking for pieces - that should be fun.

If he does end up with a reason to check more closely in to MMO, the approach is likely to be physical, and with drones.  Maybe bring Oyl along for that.  That Shapechange spell has some possibilities.  Snakes in the ventilation?  Of course, wards and other magical protection becomes a problem then too.
- I am hoping to get party more together for any physical assault on MMO. Focus on Sprogget's other problems first.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jun 29 2013, 01:45 AM) *
@Mach_Ten,
Because of what NSEDM did with Sprogget's sprite, I checked your Crow character sheet for tech that would be accessible via tacnet. Your Sony Emperor commlink does not seem to have an OS installed, which means 0 rating for system and firewall.

Considering that Crow possibly "acquired" the piece of kit from a grunt when he ran, this is fairly appropriate for him.

Little tech understanding other than the basics, if Sprogget had pointed it out when we were doing shopping for the TacNet, I have the funds I think, to get them from the same shop, OR swap it for an alternative comm from "loot pile" .

otherwise, he's pretty unaware of the risks from hackers etc. as he usually runs silent
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 2 2013, 05:48 AM) *
Considering that Crow possibly "acquired" the piece of kit from a grunt when he ran, this is fairly appropriate for him.

Little tech understanding other than the basics, if Sprogget had pointed it out when we were doing shopping for the TacNet, I have the funds I think, to get them from the same shop, OR swap it for an alternative comm from "loot pile" .

otherwise, he's pretty unaware of the risks from hackers etc. as he usually runs silent
The point is that without an OS (operating system, System attribute), your commlink is a paper weight. It can not run anything. Not even make comm calls I think.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jul 2 2013, 05:02 PM) *
The point is that without an OS (operating system, System attribute), your commlink is a paper weight. It can not run anything. Not even make comm calls I think.

naaah it just makes it the 2070's equivalent of a nokia 3110 biggrin.gif ... which in 60 years ... is a Nokia 3110 ! smile.gif
Slacker
@Virtual Scream:Notsoevildm and Phlapjack77/Dante
Since it's been a loooooong time since we've heard anything from kahrig/Cat (April 19 was the last post I could see from her), I think I'm going to post as if she's stepped out for a minute and currently isn't at the table with us. That way, if she back up, it works out ok. But if she doesn't, we don't need to worry about what she's doing constantly.

IC post coming from me soon.
Slacker
[edit]:Oops, accidentally posted my IC post here.
Machine Ghost
@NSEDM,

Mixing information sources: important implications for what Sprogget feels safe to do.
You had the gangers that Dubstep/Cat/Dante/Alex encountered using signal scanners to track pieces, apparently by listening directly in wireless for the ping 'signature'.  Given the OOC conversation around stealth, spoof, track, redirect, it appears to be possible to track down infected nodes through the matrix.  Did I/we break something by making asumptions out of line with intent?

Sprogget, through the knowsoft, picked up some information about the types of infected nodes, and apparently (more assumptions maybe) their physical location. (starting with the triangulation of MMO).  My assumption there was that the ping was providing the source for the type and location data.  That becomes important, because if anyone except Franken-Hunter can 'read' the ping information (more than that it exists), Sprogget just found himself on a bulls-eye, as one of the unique infection cases that he would expect 'corp hunters' to be very interested in.  Franken-Hunter on a remote task would be a moving target, hard to pin down, but sitting in LeO, he could become a primary target at any time.

If the reported type and location information is not contained in the ping, then Franken-Hunter got it from somewhere else.  Sprogget could get much of it by doing trace then analyze node based on each of 10000 pings in under half an hour, buying hits except where the node was running stealth (against the analyze).  The base data sprite could not have done it that way though, since it does not have the Track CF.  Once merged with a >1rtu@l5cr3@m piece, other options may become available.  This is the sort of details that the 'pages' of questions were trying to get information about, to be able to make reasonable decisions about the level of danger and precautions needed.  Sprogget needs some idea about how much information others have and can reasonably get about him and FH.  From the pings.  Or if there is another Franken-Hunter out there.  I do not know if the taxi driver counts, or all of the (few) other infected sprites. 

If the uniqueness of Frank-Hunter, or the unique circumstance of linking a knowsoft to FH made the information possible, then Sprogget will feel much safer.  That is a 'trick' that only a few TMs would be able to do.  Only Tutor sprites can do skillsofts, and only Dronomancer and Singularitarian streams have Tutor sprites, without getting them through submersion plus a sprite link echo.  With the 'few' infected bionodes and sprites, the odds are pretty good no one else tried the same thing.  Maybe a dissonant could get there another way.  They have their own streams, but RAW does not show anything about an entropic version of a tutor sprite, and does not show a Skillsoft CF in any of the entropic sprites, just an optional Autosoft UW179.

Does Sprogget think that others are likely to be able to identify the unique infections?  He expects that if the corps can, they would.  I would like to do posts that will eat time, and get some sleep, but Sprogget would need to have some measures in place that have a good chance of keeping the tribe safe before taking Franken-Hunter to the shop.  Or sitting in any one place very long.  Some ideas about that below (and next post), depending on above.

Assuming node type data is contained in the ping, then since FH is the only known active piece, and pings are unique, either the pings do not show anything about active/dormant status or Franken-Hunter *is* the only active piece (at least currently with matrix access).  Sprogget WILL check that somewhat, by analyzing/comparing the ping from FH with the others, to see if FH shows something different that could be interpreted as 'active' (making staying unnoticed harder and more important).

If he is 'willing', in the spirit of getting/providing information about >1rtu@l5cr3@m, FH might be able to reinstate the knowsoft after moving to LeO.  The Sprite-Technomancer link SR4A241 works as long as there is a matrix path between them.
Is link to knowsoft valid/stable:
Through Sprite-Technomancer link?
When both are in the same node?
When FH in (visiting not embedded) bionode?
Need more than just visit bionode, but not 'required' to bring the data too?
I need another 'Professor Gadget' sprite (and FH might eat that too)?

Depending on how much of the information provided by the knowsoft (the pings?) is continuously updated, keeping the knowsoft may be lower priority.

For Sprogget to get some (at least short term) history of which nodes have been disappearing, IC Post asks FH to start saving some tracking information, so be able to see which/where the pieces were that are disappearing.  To be used for pattern analysis, to see if there a specific location (matrix and physical), type, or rating that is more often vanishing.  Given the information about merges generating a new ID, merges should show up as a pair of disappearances from (matrix) close nodes.  To start getting a handle on how much the reducing count is from merges, and how much is from other things, and see where both are happening.  Locations could be fairly random, except that merges need to be close together in the matrix.  Non merges will give a better indication of 'attrition' from other sources (destruction, system offline, no matrix access).  A pattern/grouping there could show where the real hunters are currently working.

Coming up (maybe): upgrade one of the other drones to response and system 5 (LeO is 6).  Can Franken-Hunter be convinced to move over there temporarily, while Sprogget works on LeO?  LeO has a couple of gremlins that need some shop time to (attempt to) locate.  FH might not be happy there while diagnostics, repairs, possible power cycling are going on.  Maybe he can eat the Machine sprite afterwards, to pick up the Diagnostics power.  From RAW Free Sprite reassembling, only one new power/program/skill can be picked up at at time (during single reassemble), if Frank/>1rtu@l5cr3@m is following that part of the rules.  AI creation/growth/realignment is different.
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

Your choice whether Sprogget finds any infected nodes as (identifiably) belonging to the attackers, in the sweep around the tribal turf.  Also about any call backs from this (and future) status reports.  If other sources identify another map location as a likely concentration of attackers, Sprogget could do another focused sweep looking for infections, if someone wants to ask him.

Sprogget will stay with the sweep team until the end of the current engagement, and enough after to run sensors over the Spined Drakes and their gear, then bow out saying he seems to be too dangerous to be around (matrix wise) for now while in contested territory.  Too many extra surprises from that sprite.  Beer offer still open for Crow at the shop, and re-offered to Scrapheap, who earlier said he might have other things to do this evening smile.gif  Unless NSEDM answers have Sprogget on the run all night smile.gif
Machine Ghost
@NSEDM,

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 2 2013, 02:23 AM) *
@Machine Ghost,

Holy posting Batman!
{grin} {bow}

Some more answers:
.. snip ..

The ping is like a cry for help. It is not being directed at the other nodes. If two nodes interact it might act as a wakeup allowing the two pieces to merge. It bypasses stealth meaning Sprogget has a big target painted on his icon for anyone looking for the pings. Indeed Redirect doesnt help unless someone is actively tracing (always bothered me) but proxy servers might help to at least give a warning that someone is coming.
With stealth specified as disabled, redirect minimally useful, FH ready to use countermeasure if matrix connection is lost, and even proxy servers only adding 4 to the threshold, nothing in that scenario would keep a tracker away for very long.  If you do not disallow it, I have a way to be quite safe.  SR4A230 Intercept Traffic.  Arrange things so that FH's ping has to go through a choke point (a single wired connection with wireless adapter on each end, to get out of a wifi blocked room), then capture and block the ping after FH sends it.  FH would still have matrix access, and receive the other pings.  Just the outgoing ping would vanish into the abyss after being sent.  Getting THAT stable would let Sprogget work and sleep easier.  Especially depending on answers about 'published' information (from the pings).

Sprogget has a wifi blocked room/workbench in his shop.  That was all planned and paid for when preparing to spring LeFey from Bellevue (and previously mentioned OOC too), to be able to finish dealing with the removed security tag (that is still in a Faraday cage in Sprogget backpack).  Deliberately defeating the wi-fi blocking, with a length of fiberoptic cable plus a couple of wireless adapters (all in the backpack too) is trivial.  If it will work, will FH care?  Is he conscious of the ping being sent, and would he care that no-one is hearing it?  If knowsoft is blank on that, ask, starting with asking FH why the ping is being sent (OOC says a cry for help?), and what it is used for (FH perspective), bringing up security/safety concerns (again depending on answers about what others can tell from pings).  Even if FH is watching, Sprogget might keep the intercept unnoticed for awhile.  Hits from 16d6 is the perception threshold to see 'snooping' with matrix perception.  FH's base perception is 8d6.  Since ping is a 'broadcast' there should be no particular reason to notice it going away.

Frank will move out of the tacnet and into LeO at Sprogget's request. He will even move out of all the linked devices (LeO is big enough to hold all of Frank's data but Frank counts as 4 active programs so might slow LeO's response). This includes Sprogget's brain although the damage is done and the knowsoft will stop working.
Yes that will/would degrade response one notch, unless I park LeO, and shut everything down.  But I will also verify with you that Franken-Hunter counts as program load 4, since the base sprite runs on resonance, and AFAIK would not use up node resources for what it contains.  The slowdown would be a reduction in the sprite ratings, not the node ratings.  Franken-Hunter is of course 'special', so the program load would just be one more impossibility to boggle poor Sprogget's mind.  And maybe point him more strongly to the idea that his sprite is trying to birth an AI.  And that reconfiguring would maybe imply the Emulate quality UW169.  The Cookie Monster grouchy AI In Residence that Sprogget knows does not have that, so he is less familiar with the concept.

If that is truly the Emulate quality, then the answer to one of Sproggets questions to the knowsoft might be 'unknown', depending on how much that knowsoft == >1rtu@l5cr3@m == Franken-Hunter, and from asking FH, it would be 'whatever I need'.

By RAW, the autosofts are not available with the ergonomic program option, so pilot + maneuver + Frank is enough to hit the system limit.  LeO *is* good enough though, that even if all of the standard programs are running, it will only slow down two steps (total program load including Frank is 12 with base system of 6).  Shutting down one program or autosoft will keep that to a single point reduction.  I was already looking at 'managing' the loaded programs and autosofts to keep the speed up.  Replacing the ECCM and Encrypt programs with ergonomic versions would do the trick too.

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 2 2013, 02:51 AM) *
@E:Tribes, Virtual Scream, Machine Ghost

Some more info for Sprogget
.. snip ..

Keeping tribal members safe/protected - uninfected links are safe from Frank now that Sprogget has given him a few life lessons. cutting connection saved the tribals from infection!
praise the deep resonance

Getting the infection pieces off of other Drakehunter's commlinks - seems non of the Drakes have active devices. If any of their skinlinked comms are infected, Frank will eat those up if exposed to them
That was referring to 'us', Sprogget's team that is hunting the drakes.  Covered earlier anyway, since Franken-Hunter likes LeO.
.. snip ..

Return to Sprogget's shop in the Mechanical's complex *IF* safe for the tribe - Frank wont attack/infect the tribe
Not enough to be safe smile.gif

Feeding more pieces to Franken-Hunter, but keeping some control - if you can find them
With the pings, finding general pieces will be no problem.  Back at the shop, with the ping bypassing Stealth, Sprogget can buy enough hits to trace the node for a ping in 5 seconds (2 hits per pass, 3IP).  If you meant finding some associated with the Spined Drakes, then yes that could be a problem.  Currently not planning a detailed hunt for them.  Just clear the area around the tribes (of infected wireless enabled nodes), while keeping an eye out for intruders.  Since the Drakes are using good wifi/matrix discipline, Sprogget probably won't find any, if only because that care could have kept >1rtu@l5cr3@m off their systems, just as Prospero managed to keep it off of the tribes systems.  Unless Aria says different.
.. snip ..

- Frank now knows the basic facts of life. He is content to make his home node in LeO and will only go after infected nodes for now. At least that is what Sprogget believes!
is that anything like assume ass-u-me?

.. snip ..

With the provided (selected) knowledge answers, I'll try from a different direction, with assumptions that Sprogget feels safe to make from what he does and does not know.  Please correct where something does not line up with expectations.

Only active pieces will create new infections, although 2 dormant pieces could merge if the hosting nodes interact closely enough.  Probably will merge if multiple pieces are on the same node (for very long).

No information available about what triggered the outbreak.  No information about what caused the active pieces to go dormant.  No information about what would cause a (or all) dormant pieces to go active again.

There is no direct information about the disappearing pieces/pings, but 2 ids going away when a new one shows up is a good indication of a merge.

The infected nodes where mostly random.  Whatever nodes were close while a scream piece was active were targeted.
Notsoevildm
@Machine Ghost,

Mixing information sources: important implications for what Sprogget feels safe to do.
You had the gangers that Dubstep/Cat/Dante/Alex encountered using signal scanners to track pieces, apparently by listening directly in wireless for the ping 'signature'.  Given the OOC conversation around stealth, spoof, track, redirect, it appears to be possible to track down infected nodes through the matrix.  Did I/we break something by making asumptions out of line with intent?
- Devices can also be tracked down through the matrix. That's what Frank originally did before he got infected. The signal trackers used by the gangers were listening for any active devices in range broadcasting a virtual scream ping.

Sprogget, through the knowsoft, picked up some information about the types of infected nodes, and apparently (more assumptions maybe) their physical location. (starting with the triangulation of MMO).  My assumption there was that the ping was providing the source for the type and location data.  That becomes important, because if anyone except Franken-Hunter can 'read' the ping information (more than that it exists), Sprogget just found himself on a bulls-eye, as one of the unique infection cases that he would expect 'corp hunters' to be very interested in.  Franken-Hunter on a remote task would be a moving target, hard to pin down, but sitting in LeO, he could become a primary target at any time.
- The ping only indicates infection. Frank filled in the blanks. He's pretty smart. Note that location information is based on his initial sweep and might not be up-to-date for mobile nodes.

If the reported type and location information is not contained in the ping, then Franken-Hunter got it from somewhere else.  Sprogget could get much of it by doing trace then analyze node based on each of 10000 pings in under half an hour, buying hits except where the node was running stealth (against the analyze).  The base data sprite could not have done it that way though, since it does not have the Track CF.  Once merged with a >1rtu@l5cr3@m piece, other options may become available.  This is the sort of details that the 'pages' of questions were trying to get information about, to be able to make reasonable decisions about the level of danger and precautions needed.  Sprogget needs some idea about how much information others have and can reasonably get about him and FH.  From the pings.  Or if there is another Franken-Hunter out there.  I do not know if the taxi driver counts, or all of the (few) other infected sprites. 
- Frank went out looking for information about virtual scream that led him to the nodes. I may have bent the rules a bit there. Only information the ping gives is that a node is infected. A trace and analyze would be needed to provide more. Taxi driver is not a hunter sprite but a driver, although intersting things might happen if Cipher asked it to find other virtual scream nodes.

If the uniqueness of Frank-Hunter, or the unique circumstance of linking a knowsoft to FH made the information possible, then Sprogget will feel much safer.  That is a 'trick' that only a few TMs would be able to do.  Only Tutor sprites can do skillsofts, and only Dronomancer and Singularitarian streams have Tutor sprites, without getting them through submersion plus a sprite link echo.  With the 'few' infected bionodes and sprites, the odds are pretty good no one else tried the same thing.  Maybe a dissonant could get there another way.  They have their own streams, but RAW does not show anything about an entropic version of a tutor sprite, and does not show a Skillsoft CF in any of the entropic sprites, just an optional Autosoft UW179.
-Sprogget feels certain that Frank is unique. However, if he can do it then maybe one of the other unusual nodes could pull something similar, or a dedicated team of hackers could track down all the nodes one by one so the bullseye is still there.

Does Sprogget think that others are likely to be able to identify the unique infections? 
- Not without checking out every node. But that just takes time and resources

Assuming node type data is contained in the ping, then since FH is the only known active piece, and pings are unique, either the pings do not show anything about active/dormant status or Franken-Hunter *is* the only active piece (at least currently with matrix access).  Sprogget WILL check that somewhat, by analyzing/comparing the ping from FH with the others, to see if FH shows something different that could be interpreted as 'active' (making staying unnoticed harder and more important).
- node type data not included in ping. Frank looks like any other ping.

If he is 'willing', in the spirit of getting/providing information about >1rtu@l5cr3@m, FH might be able to reinstate the knowsoft after moving to LeO.  The Sprite-Technomancer link SR4A241 works as long as there is a matrix path between them.
Is link to knowsoft valid/stable:
Through Sprite-Technomancer link? Yes, but maintaining the link will maintain the 1 box of physical damage (but wont increase it). Frank is no longer a true sprite.
When both are in the same node? No, but Frank can provide info
When FH in (visiting not embedded) bionode? No, but Frank can provide info
Need more than just visit bionode, but not 'required' to bring the data too? No, but Frank can provide info
I need another 'Professor Gadget' sprite (and FH might eat that too)? Would have to make it very clear to Frank not to eat the sprite.

Depending on how much of the information provided by the knowsoft (the pings?) is continuously updated, keeping the knowsoft may be lower priority.
- Sprogget has most of Frank's knowledge now.

For Sprogget to get some (at least short term) history of which nodes have been disappearing, IC Post asks FH to start saving some tracking information, so be able to see which/where the pieces were that are disappearing.  To be used for pattern analysis, to see if there a specific location (matrix and physical), type, or rating that is more often vanishing.  Given the information about merges generating a new ID, merges should show up as a pair of disappearances from (matrix) close nodes.  To start getting a handle on how much the reducing count is from merges, and how much is from other things, and see where both are happening.  Locations could be fairly random, except that merges need to be close together in the matrix.  Non merges will give a better indication of 'attrition' from other sources (destruction, system offline, no matrix access).  A pattern/grouping there could show where the real hunters are currently working.
- Need a Computer + Data search + relevant bonuses roll (Frank or Sprogget)

Coming up (maybe): upgrade one of the other drones to response and system 5 (LeO is 6).  Can Franken-Hunter be convinced to move over there temporarily, while Sprogget works on LeO?  LeO has a couple of gremlins that need some shop time to (attempt to) locate.  FH might not be happy there while diagnostics, repairs, possible power cycling are going on.  Maybe he can eat the Machine sprite afterwards, to pick up the Diagnostics power.  From RAW Free Sprite reassembling, only one new power/program/skill can be picked up at at time (during single reassemble), if Frank/>1rtu@l5cr3@m is following that part of the rules.  AI creation/growth/realignment is different.
- Frank needs a minimum system rating 4, (net) response rating 1 node to be happy. He counts as 4 active programs in terms of system load
Notsoevildm
@Machine Ghost,

Yes that will/would degrade response one notch, unless I park LeO, and shut everything down.  But I will also verify with you that Franken-Hunter counts as program load 4, since the base sprite runs on resonance, and AFAIK would not use up node resources for what it contains.  The slowdown would be a reduction in the sprite ratings, not the node ratings.  Franken-Hunter is of course 'special', so the program load would just be one more impossibility to boggle poor Sprogget's mind.  And maybe point him more strongly to the idea that his sprite is trying to birth an AI.  And that reconfiguring would maybe imply the Emulate quality UW169.  The Cookie Monster grouchy AI In Residence that Sprogget knows does not have that, so he is less familiar with the concept.
- Frank's 'sprite' rating is locked at 4. He also counts as 4 active programs on any device he inhabits (he took over the tacnet initially to spread his program load rather than dump everything into Sprogget's head but got carried away and infected him anyway).

If that is truly the Emulate quality, then the answer to one of Sproggets questions to the knowsoft might be 'unknown', depending on how much that knowsoft == >1rtu@l5cr3@m == Franken-Hunter, and from asking FH, it would be 'whatever I need'.
- I hadn't considered but if Frank goes full AI he will definitely have Emulate as a quality!

By RAW, the autosofts are not available with the ergonomic program option, so pilot + maneuver + Frank is enough to hit the system limit.  LeO *is* good enough though, that even if all of the standard programs are running, it will only slow down two steps (total program load including Frank is 12 with base system of 6).  Shutting down one program or autosoft will keep that to a single point reduction.  I was already looking at 'managing' the loaded programs and autosofts to keep the speed up.  Replacing the ECCM and Encrypt programs with ergonomic versions would do the trick too.
- Talk to Aria for new programs!

With the provided (selected) knowledge answers, I'll try from a different direction, with assumptions that Sprogget feels safe to make from what he does and does not know.  Please correct where something does not line up with expectations.

Only active pieces will create new infections, although 2 dormant pieces could merge if the hosting nodes interact closely enough.  Probably will merge if multiple pieces are on the same node (for very long).
- Correct, although a new instance would only truly occur if a device was cut off from distributed system, creating a new dormant virus piece.

No information available about what triggered the outbreak.  No information about what caused the active pieces to go dormant.  No information about what would cause a (or all) dormant pieces to go active again.
- Correct. All initial pieces seem to have gone dormant once they infected the nodes. No info on what would make it go active.

There is no direct information about the disappearing pieces/pings, but 2 ids going away when a new one shows up is a good indication of a merge.
- Correct

The infected nodes where mostly random.  Whatever nodes were close while a scream piece was active were targeted.
- Correct
Machine Ghost
@NSEDM,

Note: Changing styling on inlined responses makes the old versus new content standout better.

Big post, but only a little new: mainly inline data search roll, and scenario at the end

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 3 2013, 05:32 AM) *
@Machine Ghost,

You had the gangers that Dubstep/Cat/Dante/Alex encountered using signal scanners to track pieces, apparently by listening directly in wireless for the ping 'signature'.  Given the OOC conversation around stealth, spoof, track, redirect, it appears to be possible to track down infected nodes through the matrix.  Did I/we break something by making assumptions out of line with intent?
- Devices can also be tracked down through the matrix. That's what Frank originally did before he got infected. The signal trackers used by the gangers were listening for any active devices in range broadcasting a virtual scream ping.
What I figured.  And without matrix/hacking skills, it was just easier for them to grab the actual hardware.  And/or the people asking for the pieces did not yet know how to safely move pieces around.

.. snip ..
- The ping only indicates infection. Frank filled in the blanks. He's pretty smart. Note that location information is based on his initial sweep and might not be up-to-date for mobile nodes.
.. snip ..
- Frank went out looking for information about virtual scream that led him to the nodes. I may have bent the rules a bit there. Only information the ping gives is that a node is infected. A trace and analyze would be needed to provide more. Taxi driver is not a hunter sprite but a driver, although intersting things might happen if Cipher asked it to find other virtual scream nodes.
.. snip ..
-Sprogget feels certain that Frank is unique. However, if he can do it then maybe one of the other unusual nodes could pull something similar, or a dedicated team of hackers could track down all the nodes one by one so the bullseye is still there.
But at least the bulls-eye is not automatically on the unique end of the shortlist

Does Sprogget think that others are likely to be able to identify the unique infections? 
- Not without checking out every node. But that just takes time and resources
.. snip ..
- node type data not included in ping. Frank looks like any other ping.

.. snip ..
- Sprogget has most of Frank's knowledge now.
And other information says the location part of it would be dated from whenever FH looked at the node.  Not updated except for the pings.  Also incomplete due to merges.  Any merged pieces have a new ping ID that FH would not have reference information for.  Except for a few recent, since Sprogget asked FH to keep track of the ping changes.

- Need a Computer + Data search + relevant bonuses roll (Frank or Sprogget)
For mobile nodes, the pattern will be fuzzier than initially expected, since the location information will be from whenever FH looked at the node.  Of course most nodes will not have moved as much as Sprogget has in the time FH has been doing the searching.  In the current situation, both Frank and Sprogget have an 8 dice pool.  Sprogget will jump that to 11 dice if/when he gets home.  There should be better data by then too, from a longer period of collection.  For now, Sprogget will just ask FH for preliminary information. I did 3 steps of a descending pool extended test. Since the collected data is all local, that should be very fast.
Data Search: vanishing and merging pings (8d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2)
8d6.hits(5);7d6.hits(5);6d6.hits(5) → [5,5,4,3,2,3,1,6] = (3)
8d6.hits(5);7d6.hits(5);6d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,1,1,4,2] = (1)
8d6.hits(5);7d6.hits(5);6d6.hits(5) → [5,3,2,4,1,6] = (2)

- Frank needs a minimum system rating 4, (net) response rating 1 node to be happy. He counts as 4 active programs in terms of system load
So he will move while repairs are being done.  That should reduce issues.

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 3 2013, 05:42 AM) *
@Machine Ghost,

- Frank's 'sprite' rating is locked at 4. He also counts as 4 active programs on any device he inhabits (he took over the tacnet initially to spread his program load rather than dump everything into Sprogget's head but got carried away and infected him anyway).
Just one more impossible thing for Sprogget.

- I hadn't considered but if Frank goes full AI he will definitely have Emulate as a quality!
{grin} I look at the displayed characteristics, and match that to RAW.  And find things that did not even exist in the original the characteristics were based on!  Sprogget is not the only one good at pattern analysis smile.gif

- Talk to Aria for new programs!
Sure.  I figure to 'download' some updates while doing the repairs.  A little real life experience with the drones is showing Sprogget where a few simple improvements could be made smile.gif

.. snip ..

You lost/did not comment on the quoted inline comments (in blue), about an alternate way of hiding the ping from observers.
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jul 3 2013, 12:26 AM) *
With stealth specified as disabled, redirect minimally useful, FH ready to use countermeasure if matrix connection is lost, and even proxy servers only adding 4 to the threshold, nothing in that scenario would keep a tracker away for very long. If you do not disallow it, I have a way to be quit safe. SR4A230 Intercept Traffic. Arrange things so that FH's ping has to go through a choke point (a single wired connection with wireless adapter on each end, to get out of a wifi blocked room), then capture and block the ping after FH sends it. FH would still have matrix access, and receive the other pings. Just the outgoing ping would vanish into the abyss after being sent. Getting THAT stable would let Sprogget work and sleep easier. Especially depending on answers about 'published' information (from the pings).

Sprogget has a wifi blocked room/workbench in his shop. That was all planned and paid for when preparing to spring LeFey from Bellevue (and previously mentioned OOC too), to be able to finish dealing with the removed security tag (that is still in a Faraday cage in Sprogget backpack). Deliberately defeating the wi-fi blocking, with a length of fiberoptic cable plus a couple of wireless adapters (all in the backpack too) is trivial. If it will work, will FH care? Is he conscious of the ping being sent, and would he care that no-one is hearing it? If knowsoft is blank on that, ask, starting with asking FH why the ping is being sent (OOC says a cry for help?), and what it is used for (FH perspective), bringing up security/safety concerns (again depending on answers about what others can tell from pings). Even if FH is watching, Sprogget might keep the intercept unnoticed for awhile. Hits from 16d6 is the perception threshold to see 'snooping' with matrix perception. FH's base perception is 8d6. Since ping is a 'broadcast' there should be no particular reason to notice it going away.
Does Sprogget think (after talking to FH) that that will work?  (and will it really smile.gif )

Proposed scenario: Quickly discuss security and the dangers of corp attention with Frank, and likelihood/ease of tracking the ping (which he probably knows from collecting the data already).  Then send him off to collect a bit more data (trying for minimal risk), with the intent to keep moving to hamper trace attempts.  Perhaps checking on some of the apparent fresh merges after looking at the prelim data above. (with warning for extra caution, since others could be interested in those too).  Every few minutes, Frank is to check in with Sprogget.  When the ping blocker is ready to go, Sprogget calls Sprogget home (to the upgraded drone, since that is quicker than the gremlins work on LeO).

Then Sprogget can focus on finishing up with the Spined Drakes bikers, and get home to start the repairs and upgrades.

That is also ignoring / glossing over the scene time jumps, which could have given trackers time to find Franken-Hunter. If they had been actively trying to find him when the (matrix) location stabilized.

EDIT: big post up that provides IC context for attempting the ping blocking. All the GM interesting questions are in the blue 'talk' to Franken-Hunter.
Notsoevildm
@Machine Ghost,

Data search
Bulk (90%) of disappearing pings are results of merges based on 2 disappearing and 1 new appearing. More analysis / data required to detect a pattern
For remaining 10%, it is imposible to tell if they are just trapped in offline devices or have been destroyed.

Hiding ping
Frank does not know how to/does not want to turn off ping.
Frank is willing to go looking for more data - that is what he was designed for
Hiding Frank using intercept traffic trick will work assuming you don't glitch the roll!
Frank will accept staying in the room for a bit.
Aria
@All: sorry for my delay in getting any IC up...been sick as a parrot for the last few days! Will try and get some up when I can, once I manage to trawl through the wall of text anyway nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
@NSEDM,

QUOTE (UN154 Sprites and Node Access)
As creatures of resonance, sprites may travel to and from the resonance realms as they please. This allows them a kind of shortcut, taking a path from one node to another via the resonance realms, rather than through the Matrix. This does not, however, give them a free pass to bypass firewalls and system security. A sprite may only use this shortcut to access a node in which the technomancer to whom they are registered is present (i.e., the technomancer calls them into the node), or in which they have legitimate account or backdoor access. Otherwise, the sprite must hack into the node, following the same rules as any other hacker.
So more RAW about why it could be hard to trace Franken-Hunter as long as he keeps moving, and keeps to 'public' nodes.  Of course with the extreme exploit ability, even public is not a limit.

Can/will Franken-Hunter block his own ping using the intercept traffic method?  While inside the wifi blocked area, he can access/subscribe to the wireless adapter that would be retransmitting the ping, and use edit to remove it from the data/signal.  Since he is still inside the wifi wall, just 'reaching' through the fiberoptic cable, the ping should still only originate inside the area, even though FH's 'fingers' are manipulating the signal stream before it leaves the wireless adapter.  He does not even need to reconfigure, since the base data Sprite has an Edit(4) complex form.  Good enough to buy 2 hits on the continuous delete of the ping.  Perhaps Sprogget needs to demonstrate the edit first, so FH can take it over.  At the shop, Sprogget gets 10d6 on the pool, and again could buy 2 hits.

If 2 hits is enough to delete the ping, should be no problem with glitching.  The initial intercept has a good dice pool, and the hits there would only be to keep the intercept itself hidden from observers.  Once the edit was in place, others would have to be perceiving the wireless adapter to notice anything, since the ping is being totally blocked.  No signal remains to notice the edit/monitoring.  Not like editing something out of live transmission, where it is possible to notice that it has been edited.

If FH can/will not do the edit himself, I was figuring on using a (normal) sprite to do it.  A tutor(4) sprite looks good, with the stability power preventing glitches smile.gif , and it could buy the 2 hits for edit.  If one edit hit is enough, I could use a rating 2 or 3 sprite instead.

Re Resource limitations: I am thinking that a distributed AI might like nexi UN196.  With Osha aiming for a hospital/clinic, Sprogget already has a task assigned to assist in designing the support nexus, with input from Fre∑dom.  Accommodating an AI's preferences for a home, to get that performance bonus would be simple decision.  Corps are doing it, no reason for a tech tribe not to.  UN166 My Home Is My Castle

Just noticed/realized, that the original Hunter sprite has the optional Sniffer CF. Once he learned enough to recognized the pings, he could use that to initially locate infections, before he became Franken-Hunter, with the possibility of reconfiguring to use Track.
Aria
@E:PL:

Ok, taken some liberties to bring you all together…hope nobody minds?

@E:T:

I’ve assumed LeFey would pass the info to Jazz…? Otherwise I’ve just nudged things along a bit and changed the street that the Drakehunters are now on…

@E:CoP

Moved you to Cardiff to meet Ryl…she’s the most interesting NPC I’ve got lurking at the moment so it makes sense to have you talk to her rather than wandering on to a new plotline biggrin.gif

@Virtual Scream

Will try and get some actions for Gossamer posted next week…the two probes I rolled still count or are we going to ignore any probe on the master company in favour of MMO??? I’m guessing with the firewall on alert I can still get in, it will just be harder…once I’m in I’m reasonably confident of not being found for a while… nyahnyah.gif As I've got more karma than I can shake a stick at do you have any objection to me raising my inherant stealth program to 7??? That coupled with -6 to matrix perception to spot me should rival any TM stealth machine!
Mach_Ten
Crow will follow Scrapheaps lead,

I'm on holidays for a week but should have enough connectivity to post infrequently
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 5 2013, 09:10 AM) *
.. snip ..

I’ve assumed LeFey would pass the info to Jazz…? Otherwise I’ve just nudged things along a bit and changed the street that the Drakehunters are now on…
.. snip ..
Hmmm, the map around the tribes shows the corner of 96Ave E and 39Ave SW to be where Alpha Apex initially had his corner where something important was supposed to happen smile.gif  Strange street addressing there.  96Ave East is also/exactly 7St SW.

QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 5 2013, 09:11 AM) *
.. snip ..
Sprogget

Whilst you are distracted by the impossibilities of FH you are still able to track the approaching drakes through the murk.  They are a pair of orcs, hunched against the biting wind and stinging rain.  They stop their heavy hogs just short of your location and proceed cautiously on foot, hugging the walls at the side of the block, scurrying where they need to pass an opening.  Although it is difficult to tell they seem to be carrying the distinctive AKs and using the outmoded, and offgrid, coms to talk to one another over the howl.  They look back together and one of them makes a forward gesture reminiscent of the trids… hugging the ground you make out the buzzing form of a rotodrone that hurtles between them and on towards your current location.  From its speed and manoeuvring you would guess that it’s not being piloted by the dog brain…
.. snip ..
What are you considering as 'just short' of our location?  The UWBR (currently turned off) has a range of 100 meters.  Banjo is probably closest to their location.

The 'ambush' layout I envisioned would have LeO the furthest away, around a corner, so that he could time it to have a bit of speed when coming around the corner to face the direction the bikers were coming from, when they reached a position where Crow and Scrapheap would also have been effective.  The monocycle also off to the side a bit to be out of sight.  G’Eye would be close to whoever was with the prisoner (to get a look at the carried tech).  Banjo would be making like a shadow under a roof edge, if that is available, a bit towards the direction the bikers where coming from.  The preferred location would be just around the corner at the side of a building (between buildings), so the intruders would pass in front of (and below) him coming down the street.  Spread out enough to increase the team sensor footprint, close enough together for support and tacnet bonuses.  G’Eye would have been a better forward lookout, but I figured the dragonfly would be too slow with them coming in on bikes.  The pause to dismount would have given him time to get into position.

The radio signal scanner in Sprogget’s pocket is part of the sensors clustered with the sensors, slaved to the monocycle, and part of tacnet.  If as implied by IC, that drone is rigged, that should have a chance of detecting the signal.  Especially when it knows physically where to look.  Assuming that the node is hidden, that is still going to need a detect hidden node action SR4A230 to locate it in the matrix, before hacking can be attempted.  With a threshold 4 (5 if it is using nonstandard link UW196) scan test to locate, the available dice pools do not look good.  A Crack sprite(4) could have 8 dice.  Sprogget himself would only have 5 or 6.  I need to add a good scan program to the drones.  With that, Banjo would have 10 dice.  More simple stuff to do when get to the shop.
The extended test to find all hidden nodes would take longer than probably available (23 to 45 seconds buying hits, assuming threshold 15).  There does not seem to be a RAW way of doing an extended test to look for a single physically visible node.  Note that the success test is a complex action while the extended is a combat turn (not pass) interval.  What would you allow for a test sequence to try locating the node for a single device that you are fairly sure should exist?

Since not in combat yet, Sprogget will try to get access to that drone.  If he locates the node before everything is over anyway, he intends to take a simple action to analyze node, to see (some of) the node specs.  Response, System, Signal, more depending on perception hits.  Base drone would be all 3, unless upgraded.

IC pending, about commenting on tacnet that they seem to know we/someone is here, but may not yet know we are aware of them.  Plus a bit of info about the base capabilites of an MCT-Nissan Roto-drone, and that it seems to be rigged.

*IF* there seems to be time before the drone (that seems to now be in the lead) makes contact, send G’Eye in full stealth mode toward the approaching drone, staying right along the buildings, picking up a bit of speed.  At an appropriate time, switch chameleon Coating (assuming drone has not noticed yet) to look like are normal minidrone, switch from covert ops to (full) defense, and 'dart' across the street to another building (into or between).  Maybe get the drones attention, to give the ambushers a better chance, or delay it while the rigger decides what to do.  Even without the stealth settings, G’Eye is not that noticeable in this sort of weather.  Extra time would of course go toward locating and hacking the incoming drone node.  Call off G’Eye if drone node has been located before time to dash across the street.

If the rotodrone is coming past Banjo’s position at a reasonable speed (along that side of the street, close to the building), he could drop down, and use the mechanical arm to try grabbing it on the way past.  No targeting autosoft, but that is currently Sprogget’s preferred drone to be jumped into, and Sprogget does have minimal Unarmed Combat skill.

Unless you say the drone has a piece of >1rtu@l5cr3@m installed, I’ll leave FH as a distraction in the E:Tribes thread.  From Virtual Scream thread, he could be used/convinced to slice the firewall.  Once the node has been located.  Or he might be gone again depending on timing.  If there is a >1rtu@l5cr3@m ping coming from it, that should be easy.  NSEDM said there is only / maybe some 'little stuff' to be found around the tribe turf.

All sorts of options, depending on (expected) timing and positioning. Pick some of the apparently possible actions (based on what tacnet is currently showing), and I’ll do some preparation IC.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 5 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Will try and get some actions for Gossamer posted next week…the two probes I rolled still count or are we going to ignore any probe on the master company in favour of MMO??? I’m guessing with the firewall on alert I can still get in, it will just be harder…once I’m in I’m reasonably confident of not being found for a while… nyahnyah.gif As I've got more karma than I can shake a stick at do you have any objection to me raising my inherant stealth program to 7??? That coupled with -6 to matrix perception to spot me should rival any TM stealth machine!

I'll add something for CSS unless you specifically want to go after MMO.
No objection to raising inherent stealth to 7 - instead I'll just cry in the corner as you stealth undetected around triple-A nodes.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 5 2013, 09:10 AM) *
@E:PL:

Ok, taken some liberties to bring you all together…hope nobody minds?

Works for me. Sorry for my absence. I've been having problems with my internet connection.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jul 6 2013, 12:52 AM) *
Hmmm, the map around the tribes shows the corner of 96Ave E and 39Ave SW to be where Alpha Apex initially had his corner where something important was supposed to happen smile.gif  Strange street addressing there.  96Ave East is also/exactly 7St SW.

What are you considering as 'just short' of our location?  The UWBR (currently turned off) has a range of 100 meters.  Banjo is probably closest to their location.
I'm assuming that they stop their bikes on the east-west road and proceed south along the north south road which you are about 200m or so down towards where the explosion was. You can hide off this road to either side with no trouble. Effective visibility is crap, probably down to around 50m with thermal/lowlight...yes all your other sensors will work just fine...but then so will theirs ork.gif

I'm also assuming that there are links through to other roads from the bottom, GMaps currently shows it as a dead end...assume the buildings are ruined low rise apartment blocks rather than the small domestic stuff I'm looking at...it's all in ruins anyway so makes no great odds...swathes of swirling ash everywhere!

The 'ambush' layout I envisioned would have LeO the furthest away, around a corner, so that he could time it to have a bit of speed when coming around the corner to face the direction the bikers were coming from, when they reached a position where Crow and Scrapheap would also have been effective.  The monocycle also off to the side a bit to be out of sight.  G’Eye would be close to whoever was with the prisoner (to get a look at the carried tech).  Banjo would be making like a shadow under a roof edge, if that is available, a bit towards the direction the bikers where coming from.  The preferred location would be just around the corner at the side of a building (between buildings), so the intruders would pass in front of (and below) him coming down the street.  Spread out enough to increase the team sensor footprint, close enough together for support and tacnet bonuses.  G’Eye would have been a better forward lookout, but I figured the dragonfly would be too slow with them coming in on bikes.  The pause to dismount would have given him time to get into position.
Happy for you to mark on your preferred locations on the GMap...or some variant of it...I think when I do a new SR5 version of this thread I'll have a local GMap for every thread aswell as a master one with borders. I need to go back and look at all your notes about combining maps too nyahnyah.gif

The radio signal scanner in Sprogget’s pocket is part of the sensors clustered with the sensors, slaved to the monocycle, and part of tacnet.  If as implied by IC, that drone is rigged, that should have a chance of detecting the signal.  Especially when it knows physically where to look.  Assuming that the node is hidden, that is still going to need a detect hidden node action SR4A230 to locate it in the matrix, before hacking can be attempted.  With a threshold 4 (5 if it is using nonstandard link UW196) scan test to locate, the available dice pools do not look good.  A Crack sprite(4) could have 8 dice.  Sprogget himself would only have 5 or 6.  I need to add a good scan program to the drones.  With that, Banjo would have 10 dice.  More simple stuff to do when get to the shop.
The extended test to find all hidden nodes would take longer than probably available (23 to 45 seconds buying hits, assuming threshold 15).  There does not seem to be a RAW way of doing an extended test to look for a single physically visible node.  Note that the success test is a complex action while the extended is a combat turn (not pass) interval.  What would you allow for a test sequence to try locating the node for a single device that you are fairly sure should exist?

Since not in combat yet, Sprogget will try to get access to that drone.  If he locates the node before everything is over anyway, he intends to take a simple action to analyze node, to see (some of) the node specs.  Response, System, Signal, more depending on perception hits.  Base drone would be all 3, unless upgraded.

IC pending, about commenting on tacnet that they seem to know we/someone is here, but may not yet know we are aware of them.  Plus a bit of info about the base capabilites of an MCT-Nissan Roto-drone, and that it seems to be rigged.

*IF* there seems to be time before the drone (that seems to now be in the lead) makes contact, send G’Eye in full stealth mode toward the approaching drone, staying right along the buildings, picking up a bit of speed.  At an appropriate time, switch chameleon Coating (assuming drone has not noticed yet) to look like are normal minidrone, switch from covert ops to (full) defense, and 'dart' across the street to another building (into or between).  Maybe get the drones attention, to give the ambushers a better chance, or delay it while the rigger decides what to do.  Even without the stealth settings, G’Eye is not that noticeable in this sort of weather.  Extra time would of course go toward locating and hacking the incoming drone node.  Call off G’Eye if drone node has been located before time to dash across the street.

If the rotodrone is coming past Banjo’s position at a reasonable speed (along that side of the street, close to the building), he could drop down, and use the mechanical arm to try grabbing it on the way past.  No targeting autosoft, but that is currently Sprogget’s preferred drone to be jumped into, and Sprogget does have minimal Unarmed Combat skill.

Unless you say the drone has a piece of >1rtu@l5cr3@m installed, I’ll leave FH as a distraction in the E:Tribes thread.  From Virtual Scream thread, he could be used/convinced to slice the firewall.  Once the node has been located.  Or he might be gone again depending on timing.  If there is a >1rtu@l5cr3@m ping coming from it, that should be easy.  NSEDM said there is only / maybe some 'little stuff' to be found around the tribe turf.

All sorts of options, depending on (expected) timing and positioning. Pick some of the apparently possible actions (based on what tacnet is currently showing), and I’ll do some preparation IC.

The drone is running hidden, obviously, and is being rigged by a Disonant (not that you know that yet ork.gif)...he's jumped in (hence my comment about knowing it's rigged. Safe to say it's non-standard, who wants to jump in to an off-the-shelf drone??? biggrin.gif

It's flying low in the centre of the street (to avoid getting blown into the side of a building!) The air currents are getting seriously unpredicatable! The G'Eye trick might work, not so sure Banjo will be much help...lemme know if you want more info before ICing...?
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: Gah, I had a post saved on my computer from last week and now it's gone. I'll try and get it typed up today.

@Aria: I'm assuming it's okay to have Michiko and Laurence in scene with the Baron, seeing as Ryl is bringing her own meatshields bulletcatchers personal protection specialists. Let me know if that's not okay.

And writing for Scrap is hilarious, the first and second response from him was "curb stomp the little shit." I've apparently found my inner anger issues and am channeling them via ork gutter rat. Will have a (non-curb-stomping) response soon.
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 8 2013, 03:33 PM) *
And writing for Scrap is hilarious, the first and second response from him was "curb stomp the little shit." I've apparently found my inner anger issues and am channeling them via ork gutter rat. Will have a (non-curb-stomping) response soon.

biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jul 6 2013, 11:33 AM) *
I'll add something for CSS unless you specifically want to go after MMO.
No objection to raising inherent stealth to 7 - instead I'll just cry in the corner as you stealth undetected around triple-A nodes.

Well there has to be some advantage to being a 'creature of the matrix' ...after all hackers / TMs can do wizzier things than AIs can nyahnyah.gif

I've always been of the impression that if the game requires me to be seen then I will be! I've got no objections to that at all! RAW is there to be bent beyond all recognition in the best interests of the story...as long as the players know you're doing it ork.gif
RdMarquis
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4123658/

1 hit for Security Procedures (Matrix), if it would help get rid of the loop. For some reason, I seem to remember the best way being to reset them all.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 8 2013, 04:56 AM) *
I'm assuming that they stop their bikes on the east-west road and proceed south along the north south road which you are about 200m or so down towards where the explosion was.  You can hide off this road to either side with no trouble.  Effective visibility is crap, probably down to around 50m with thermal/lowlight...yes all your other sensors will work just fine...but then so will theirs ork.gif
That was why I wanted to cut the active sensors.  The active signals would themselves be potentially detectable.  Radar, UWBR, ultrasound.  The information feed from Cam located them for us.  As long as we pick enough information off of the sensor mesh to track their location, there is no reason to give them a signal they could home in on.

I'm also assuming that there are links through to other roads from the bottom, GMaps currently shows it as a dead end...assume the buildings are ruined low rise apartment blocks rather than the small domestic stuff I'm looking at...it's all in ruins anyway so makes no great odds...swathes of swirling ash everywhere!
Excellent.  As long as there is enough space between the blocks to get the drones through, that should work fine.

Happy for you to mark on your preferred locations on the GMap...or some variant of it...I think when I do a new SR5 version of this thread I'll have a local GMap for every thread aswell as a master one with borders.  I need to go back and look at all your notes about combining maps too nyahnyah.gif
The new 'Maps Engine Lite' has some interesting capabilities, but so far I have not had real good results.  Keep running into the 'Lite' limitations.
My SR4 Seattle map is the best result so far, combining district boundaries, points of interest from several sources, and most of the content from your map.  I think it is fully available for others to edit.  Just noticed on that map, that Underworld 93 nightclub (Seattle 2072) might be just about where your explosion was.  Putting 4819 96th Avenue East, Puyallup, WA, United States into Google maps gives a location north of Puyallup, in Tacoma.  That would be just off 44st Ct E.  4819 96th Ave E, Puyallup, Pierce, Washington is near that dead end.  Seattle 2072 p90 says Underwood 93 should be in Puyallup district.  According to Google maps, get directions, that second location is on the east side, 250m south of the intersection where you had the gangers leave the bikes.

I have added icons/place markers to that map to match what I see from the various descriptions so far.  Takes a bit of practice to get the icons on the right layer, and to get the information correct for the icons to look right (set the type field).  Also need to limit the number of different icons (styles) on a single map layer, to be able to select and style them.  This would be easier if could use more than 3 layers for a single map.  I am filling in more map detail than really needed, exploring capabilities.  Like adding links to the IC and OCC posts used for reference.

One nice thing, is that this seems to allow zooming in closer for accurate placement and separation.  Have a look at the difference in detail zooming in on Best Buy in the mechanical complex use the old Google map, compared to mine using maps engine lite.  What would previously have gone to Street view zooms in a few more steps instead.  Enough to sit people around a table.

I've put the explosion (GM event location) 200m south of the intersection where the bikes are, on the West side, so that the bombers leaving there, headed towards Mechanicals complex and away from us would be headed East across the street and south (when LeO got them).  Ambush starting locations placed relative to that.

The drone is running hidden, obviously, and is being rigged by a Disonant (not that you know that yet ork.gif)...he's jumped in (hence my comment about knowing it's rigged.  Safe to say it's non-standard, who wants to jump in to an off-the-shelf drone??? biggrin.gif

It's flying low in the centre of the street (to avoid getting blown into the side of a building!)  The air currents are getting seriously unpredicatable!  The G'Eye trick might work, not so sure Banjo will be much help...lemme know if you want more info before ICing...?
Plenty for IC, but did not get any guide on what rolls, interval to use to try locating the rotodrone.  I'll put up a bunch of Detect Hidden Node (Electronic Warfare + Scan) sprite rolls, and let you tell me if/when the rotodrone matrix node is found.

dice rolls and actions for IC Post
[ Spoiler ]
First time I've used edge here.  What gets edge to refresh?
Notsoevildm
@Aria: some random rolls for Copperhead to justify upcoming IC post. Assuming the scrawny ghouls don't dodge/soak any of the damage and are knocked down by any hit doing 3 or more boxes of damage.

Shooting at scrawny ghoul 1: Shotgun 4 + Agi 3 + smartlink 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=3, 10P
Shooting at scrawny ghoul 2: Shotgun 4 + Agi 3 + smartlink 2 - changing target 2 = 7d6.hits(5)=2, 9P

Slashing at scrawny ghoul 3: Cyberweapons 4 + Agi 3 + Reach 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=1, 5P
Crushing scrawny ghoul 4: Unarmed 2 + Agi 3 + Reach 1 = 6d6.hits(5)=1, 5P or 4S
Aria
I've put up the recruitment drive for 2075 now...I want to start small and feed in the threads from this one as we close them out so don't worry that I will abandon this thread but I am keen to ride the SR5 wave smile.gif

I honestly don't know how the conversion of SR4 to 5 will work yet so if you want to post your current character up there we can do our best to create the SR5 version together - or just post a new body for the new world biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jul 9 2013, 10:08 AM) *
First time I've used edge here.  What gets edge to refresh?

My whims more or less biggrin.gif ...I tend to refresh it at the beginning of a new major encounter which this counts as...yes it means that probably is more often than a table top game but then it can take months of time to pbp through things and it saves me a headache!
ChromeZephyr
Think Scrap's gonna end up dying to the plague between now and 2075 if something else doesn't kill him first; I don't have the money to buy SR5. Brightest candles burn the fastest, yeah?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012