Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
also, where do you live in general and are you changing it to vory etc? Just want to know where to thread your beginning plot line.
SoyKaf Adict
Her apartment is around that area anyway, oops, I bumbled the location. I thought having an apartment on the edge of Tacoma/Downtown was "close." Still, as far as background goes, it still says she's close to campus and UCW has a campus in Kent(at least currently it does IT stuff which works), and there are some C-zones east of it smile.gif. That work? And yeah I'll do some quick editing to Russian and Vory proclivities. It works with her being Caucasian too I'd wager.
yep yep sounds good to me, currently ic lots of the action is going down around the old UW tacoma campus (pacific Ave and s 19th street)
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Dec 6 2011, 09:25 PM) *
yep yep sounds good to me, currently ic lots of the action is going down around the old UW tacoma campus (pacific Ave and s 19th street)

All righty, I updated a lot of my character, added in some needed programs, took off a month of pre-paid lifestyle, and fixed the associations with Tacoma and the Vory instead of Downtown and the Yakuza. I'll put up my preliminary post shortly biggrin.gif (I'm seeing the general area, I think I'll start her near Dock st.)

@Aria

Sorry, I figure it's best I start small and work my way up to knowledgeable hacker. Marseilles will have to wait ^^.
if you got my pm there go ahead and do an intro post so i see how you feel your character. also if thats the case and if you are far enough up there then at about 22:40:00 if you are out and about youll have heard what sounds like a decent sized car bomb go off about a block to your west.
@gortrek: please roll initiative and give me your first IP worth of intentions, if things change ill give you the chance to change later actions based on you seeing that you need to do otherwise.
SoyKaf Adict
Oh and forget the starting nuyen on Fortunes Forecast, I rolled again under Fortune's Forecast with my actual starting roll of 3d6. -le sigh- Guess I thought I was someone like Wild Card, with his 7 dice! @_@
just make sure to remove your sig in the ic thread pls. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (SoyKaf Adict @ Dec 7 2011, 03:52 AM) *
@Aria

Sorry, I figure it's best I start small and work my way up to knowledgeable hacker. Marseilles will have to wait ^^.

No problem, don't think I'll be able to do any IC for a couple of weeks as I hate typing on my phone nyahnyah.gif so I'm glad you can join straight in!
Aria
QUOTE (Trigger @ Dec 7 2011, 08:05 AM) *
So, what's the take for such a run?

We'll skip the usual price negotiations as it's covered by the 2072 rewards system...feel free to IC or OoC discuss plans with Dealer and Copperhead...worth considering what sort of place Chicago is now...feral city!!! If you want to be loaned equipment (like good armour?!?) then that can be dealt with outside of the permenant spending of cash/karma!
Gortrek Bloodsplatterer
@Soy
Nothing wrong with 7d6. Especially if you have some gambling tournaments that you need to buy into..

@OGDWD
Initiative 8 (+1 Success) = 9
Perception check followed by general swearing for my free action depending on what I see.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (Gortrek Bloodsplatterer @ Dec 7 2011, 03:10 PM) *
@Soy
Nothing wrong with 7d6. Especially if you have some gambling tournaments that you need to buy into..

I hear that!

@OGDWD

Fixed sig in post, my bad. Want me to roll percep? Or just assume there aren't any to continue intro post.
Trigger
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 7 2011, 03:38 PM) *
We'll skip the usual price negotiations as it's covered by the 2072 rewards system...feel free to IC or OoC discuss plans with Dealer and Copperhead...worth considering what sort of place Chicago is now...feral city!!! If you want to be loaned equipment (like good armour?!?) then that can be dealt with outside of the permenant spending of cash/karma!

Do you want me to remove that part from my post, or just continue the timeline after the conversation with Argent? I am hoping to hear from my contacts about that Simrig and Fake SIN, and then I have a couple of other things to do before catching the flight to Chicago.
QUOTE (SoyKaf Adict @ Dec 7 2011, 07:20 PM) *
I hear that!

@OGDWD

Fixed sig in post, my bad. Want me to roll percep? Or just assume there aren't any to continue intro post.

If you check your time stamp, you are several hours past the action. So you really will only notice the after-effects. Feel free to post about the smoke coming from the next block over though and rumors of a hit on the vory, possibly by yaks.
JxJxA
@ OGDWD: I didn't read that last part of your IC post. Gemeaux is cautiously following you. smile.gif

Making a Hangouts(Safehouses) roll to find a place to discuss business:
Intuition(3) + Hangouts(Safehouses)(2) = 5d6 for 1 hit. Hopefully, that's enough to find a place to sit down and hash out the details. smile.gif
will post a reply for you guys soon (jx, soykaf and gortrek). takes a bit of time to hash out the rolls for all 16 involved parties lol.
JxJxA
LOL, no worries. I figured you were waiting on me with everything going on. smile.gif
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Dec 6 2011, 10:04 PM) *
if you got my pm there go ahead and do an intro post so i see how you feel your character. also if thats the case and if you are far enough up there then at about 22:40:00 if you are out and about youll have heard what sounds like a decent sized car bomb go off about a block to your west.

And your PM said to post at least at 23:00:00, I'm so confused. @_@

I'm just gonna modify the time so it falls within 20 minutes before Gor's post coming out of the gun range, kind of like a POV shift in Vantage Point. There must've been some mix-up then, I'll fix this and continue on so that eventually our times coincide.
Aria
QUOTE (Trigger @ Dec 8 2011, 04:44 AM) *
Do you want me to remove that part from my post, or just continue the timeline after the conversation with Argent? I am hoping to hear from my contacts about that Simrig and Fake SIN, and then I have a couple of other things to do before catching the flight to Chicago.

Skip on. Your contacts can get you the rig and SIN so IC that or not as you wish smile.gif
QUOTE (SoyKaf Adict @ Dec 7 2011, 10:53 PM) *
And your PM said to post at least at 23:00:00, I'm so confused. @_@

I'm just gonna modify the time so it falls within 20 minutes before Gor's post coming out of the gun range, kind of like a POV shift in Vantage Point. There must've been some mix-up then, I'll fix this and continue on so that eventually our times coincide.

yeah I did, you are supposed to be ahead of the time line currently. You will see the smoke etc etc and hear what sounds like a car bomb smile.gif that's all you know for now lol.
@Saint: Ok, tomiko is interested in talking to you about a job but let me know what you wish to do.

@Gortek: Well, it just got very interesting in this poker den lol. I rolled super well on the bad guys part and well, frankly, like crap on the part of the inhabitants of the den :D. I dont believe you have any more IPs for now unless I missed something. Tell me what you wish to do in the next combat round providing there is one.
@JX: hope i dont sound to arrogant towards your character. Just playing how i see the manipulative priest speaking. If you contact the number it will be an automated drop-box with a business oriented message. I figured i needed the space for anselm so we have time for him to be yelled at by the abbot for using so much bloody magic (and for him to be sent packing quickly to the UK where he's not likely to be traced). The shipping company is a privately owned small-time trader in museum artifacts and paraphernalia so gemeaux will probably wonder how the priest got on board. If he looks around he'll find rumors that this company is easily swayed by financial considerations.
so yeah usually i dont tell what goes on in the scenes when rolling for combat but i had to this time.... first experience for me with how bad luck and grenade launchers can go both ways biggrin.gif.

Short summary of the combat for those interested:

IP1:

1. Yak 1 shoots HE minigrenade from where he is standing on the passenger's side of the Hyundai Shin-Hyung into the back area of the

crimean, hits all 4 vory and jackal.

2. Yak 4 suppressive fires with ingram X on the Hyundai evenstar (same stats as the pathfinder) into the crimean, hitting Jackal and

possibly others.

3. Pissed off ex-marine customer dodges the suppressive fire and puts 2 rounds into Yak 1 Who is knocked over and out of sight

behind the car. (dodges ares pred from yak 2 as well)

4. Vory goon 2 (adept) picks himself up and gets to cover behind the armored tables in the back that were empty.

5. Vory Goon 4 picks himself up and takes cover opposite vory goon 2. free action: call Anatoly!

6. Yak 3 casts F3 flamethrower at POD customer (magic 3 spellcasting 3 +1 power focus) -2 target behind cover -1 lowlight no

successes. spell fizzles as his hands light up then fade. will 3 + log 2, takes 1 stun from drain.

7. Yak 2 shoots at POD customer with ares pred IV simple action ready weapon. simple action fire agi 3 + sm 2 + pistols 2 - 2

partial cover, -1 firing from cover light rain normal vision - 2 = 2d6 lol doesnt hit the POD customer

8. Pissed off Vory customer 3: scrambles to cover, ready salvalette guardian.free: calls the neighborhood gang for help.

9. Yak 5 on Suzuki mirage: complex action, light and ready the shiawase blazer. movement, get off bike (bike between the ganger and

crimean.)

10. Pissed off vory elf-customer 2 takes cover, readies weapon. cussing

11. Vory goon 3 gets up and behind cover by the alcove.

12. Wild Card takes one look out the door, sees the blast and hides behind door/wall.

13. Jackal throws himself into what remains of the alcove (full cover, only the corner was blown off though inside is trashed)

complex: casts imp reflexes. 11d6 - 1 wounds, -1 being shot at = 9d6 f3 perfectly fine. takes 1 stun from casting

14. Alexandra dodges the suppressive fire and hits yak 5 (with flamer) on first shot, does 6p dmg knocks the guy down behind his

bike. ducks back into cover by card, calls anatoly on her com.

=================================================================

IP 2

1. Yak 1 gets into car and orders driver to gtfo.

2.Yak 4 continues suppressive fire. gets 1 hit so threshold of 1 for ppl moving in or staying in fire.

3. Pod customer takes first shot at Yak 4 (dodges suppressive fire) hits him for 5p and knocks him off his bike. shoots 2nd shot at

driver but misses.

4. smg adept shoots the mage (yak 3) in the back seat and does 4P to the mage who is flung back into the car. shoots second wideburst

into driver and does 3p, knocks the driver over onto yak 1.

5.vory goon 4 stays in cover and calls anatoly for backup.

6. mage (yak 3) stays down and yells for the driver to gtfo.

7. yak 2 attempts to get back into driving position and fails miserably. still bleeding as he tries to pull himself up.

8. Vory goon 3 sends a grenade back the way the first one came.11p dead center on the car.car takes 5P, Yak 1 takes: 4P, knocked

back out of the car (lol). Yak 2 (driver) takes 5P and is knocked back down. Yak 3 (mage) takes 7p and is bleeding out in the back

of the car. Yak 4 (knocked off bike) is 2 meters away from the blast so has to soak 9P and takes 6P thus starting to bleed out, his bike takes 4P and is standing. Yak 5 is hit by 9p and also takes 6P which sends him right past overflow into death. Yak5s bike takes 7p and is knocked over.

That's got to be one of the most brutal (unintentionally so, well as to speed anyways) combats I've seen in a long time.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Dec 8 2011, 09:48 AM) *
yeah I did, you are supposed to be ahead of the time line currently. You will see the smoke etc etc and hear what sounds like a car bomb smile.gif that's all you know for now lol.

Haha, okay, I fixed the fixing I did. So we are totally fixed along the timeline, with some various time deviations for what occurs. Now to post in response to Tomoko. For some reason I must not have a text packet you do, the first word is in blocks on her message to Saint. O,o

I'd also like to add so there's no confusion between my colors and yours, as what we use are primarily similar.

Normal conversation
!Subvocal
<<@Recipient: BBS/Text Message [Me]>>
Thinking "Out Loud"
Memories
Actions/Narrative

Also, I'm right in assuming that the car bomb that happens at 22:40:00 is related somehow, but a separate event?
ah ok, grey is for pan mods and program activation only, thoughts is in red (3rd down 4th colum on left).

In reference to the car bomb. You just heard what sounds like a car bomb, you haven't any idea beyond that, though it would make sense if there was a hit on the vory. Also biggrin.gif no metagaming nyahnyah.gif

as far as the text packet goes, yes you may wish to update your firefox or chrome etc. Its japanese characters, hei hei
SoyKaf Adict
Okay, updating my role-play text procedure accordingly.

And it's not meta-gaming! Tomoko just sent Saint a message about there being an attack on the Vory by the Yakuza. It's a logical leap that this could be involved. smile.gif

Damn, my character no longer understands Japanese, switched to Russian, because when she was in the Vory bunraku she'd have picked up a decent bit of lingo in 6 years. (Provided this was while her data filter was turned off).
lol doh. biggrin.gif then as far as you are concerned she said: Japanese Japanese Japanese! biggrin.gif Getting a reply set up for you right now.
SoyKaf Adict
Many thanks, yeah, we'll just go with the "Japanese, Japanese, Japanese" part, heh. Unless she pinyin's it, then EVERYONE knows what arigato, gomen, and the like means. Provided they have the logic skill to back that remark. XD

Eagerly anticipating the reply. I'm one of those that when I'm on, I'm on a lot.
SoyKaf Adict
Electronic Warfare + Scan

Scanning for Jessica's node. (2 hits)

EDIT: I just realized I made a hacking blunder, program ratings can't go above system, so Saint would only have used Scan at Rating 5. Oops, still get it with one success or want to re-roll that?
sec typing reply while playing with a buddy
as far as you are concerned... roll the extended test as it states on pg 225 core book. remember to take 1 d6 away per roll though. You have a large number of public coms available but no icons over Jessica as yet.
SoyKaf Adict
Okie dokie, yeah sorry about that. And here's roll 2!

Still searching for Jessica... (0 hits)

A sly one she is!

Attempt 3 on Jessica's node. (1 hit)

You've gotta be kidding me.

Attempt 4 (1 hit, glitch)

This is beyond embarrassing. I'm trying to find the part in extended tests where I remove a dice each time I try, I'm not seeing it. In any case one of the few reasons why I hate Invisible Castle. Gonna go ahead and spend a point of Edge to add dice to the roll. (Even though I can't believe I'm doing this on my first roll.)

Edge roll to modify Attempt 4 (2 hits)

I'll keep the glitch, Saint deserves this for being cocky, and having crappy skills. nyahnyah.gif
So yeah its safe to say... no you find nothing lol... and you in fact ping everyone around you as a part of your glitch. The nearest cop starts looking at you funny.
SoyKaf Adict
Well that's 5 successes in total, most normal PANs wouldn't be that hard to crack. Needless to say, yeah, Saint stops her search.

Time to make an exit stage left.
pg 225 detecting wireless nodes: if you're [...] trying to pick othe hidden nodes out from teh non-hidden one, make the same extended test as above but with a much higher threshold: 15+
SoyKaf Adict
Yeah, but I was assuming she would have her PAN in active or at least passive. So... Having that information, and since "hiding" in public is against the law, gonna go for option B. Divert attention and bow out of the situation.

Saint can be sneaky, too. biggrin.gif Want me to roll Con? Not her forte, but it'll have to do.
yes please, was hoping youd spot that option smile.gif
JxJxA
@OGDWD: LOL, no worries. IC I'm playing him as more taken aback that someone is hiring him to be a bodyguard. Being paid to protect a life instead of end one...it's a little jarring. nyahnyah.gif
sabs
Shouldn't that be Aix En Provence air field smile.gif
nope even on their webby its been anglicized. I looked for it.

@Jx: lets assume that Liane checks my references and that im not "really" a priest at all except in name, defrocked father due to corruption charges in the museum world. Something about rare paintings and the Louvre. (Since Aria isn't here for the time being lets just dance our way if thats cool by you.) Also, lol on protecting a life. Irony ftw but hey theres a chance of wetwork later if the hive of villany which is the technomancer base is what my masters believe it to be... biggrin.gif
SoyKaf Adict
Without any modifiers,

Saint picks option B. (2 hits)

Can't seem to get more than 2 with this character. sleepy.gif But I would assume that's still good, and I didn't glitch! Keeping it positive here! biggrin.gif

Trigger
@ E:PL

Compiling Rating 6 Crack Sprite:
Compiling 3 + Resonance 5 + Hot Sim 2 + Paragon 1 + Resonance Well 2 = 13 Dice
Compiling R6 Crack Sprite (13d6.hits(5)=4)
Sprite Resistance = 6 Dice
6d6.hits(5)=1
Fading Resistance = Willpower 5 + Resonance 5 + Resonance Well 2 = 12 Dice vs 2P
Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=5) No Fading Damage
Compiled R6 Crack Sprite
Optional CFs: Defuse, Decrypt
3 Tasks Owed

Registering Rating 6 Crack Sprite:
Registering 3 + Resonance 5 + Hot Sim 2 + Paragon 1 + Resonance Well 2 = 13 Dice
Registering R6 Crack Sprite (13d6.hits(5)=4)
Sprite Resistance: 12 Dice
12d6.hits(5)=7 eek.gif I am screwed.....
Fading Resistance: 12 Dice vs 14P
Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=5)
Edge to reroll non hits: 7 dice
Edge Reroll (7d6.hits(5)=1)
Resisted 6P, took 8P indifferent.gif

Attempting First Aid on self:
Logic 4 + Medkit 6 - Technomancer 2 - Nonsterile indoors 1 - Wound Penalties 2 = 6 Dice
First Aid (6d6.hits(5)=3) Healed 1P, down to 7P

Resting for Day 1: Body 4 + Body 4 + Medkit 6 -Nonsterile Indoors 1 - Technomancer 2= 11 dice
Healing Test (11d6.hits(5)=3) Healed 3P, down to 4P
Resting for Day 2: 11 Dice
Healing Test (11d6.hits(5)=1) Healed 1P, down to 3P
Resting for Day 3: 11 Dice
Healing Test (11d6.hits(5)=4) Healed 4P, all better.

So, after all that, I am still alive, despite all attempts by this sprite to off me...
SoyKaf Adict
Sweet Jesus Trig, that was no bueno!
JxJxA
@ OGDWD: That's fine, checking in with Lianne just seemed like the right thing to do IC-wise. I'll put up a post of Gemeaux waiting at the air field with luggage big enough to hold his heavier weapons. biggrin.gif
Ears
Thought I'd try and throw in a character concept I had floating around for a while.
Adrian the tourist. Bona fide civilian taking a time-out to visit the shadows.

[ Spoiler ]

Don't worry, he's just here to look. wink.gif
Of course if anyone wants to draw him into a first run...
Ill take that on in my campaign there ears I think it would be fun to draw you in smile.gif. Got something special for you if you want.
SoyKaf Adict
@OGDWD

So I rolled Con like you asked (above), but I have nothing to compare two hits with :/ Or was it a "you didn't glitch or get 0 hits so you're good to continue" kind of scenario?
Ears
@OGDWD
A tourist special, now that sounds interesting. I'm in. I just hope, I gave him enough Edge to survive the lack of actual skills. wink.gif
QUOTE (SoyKaf Adict @ Dec 10 2011, 04:34 PM) *
@OGDWD

So I rolled Con like you asked (above), but I have nothing to compare two hits with :/ Or was it a "you didn't glitch or get 0 hits so you're good to continue" kind of scenario?

Sry, its my bday today so only had time to spot check things. I will work up a post for you, probably early tomorrow.
SoyKaf Adict
Congrats! Happy Birthday! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012