Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 19 2013, 03:03 PM) *
Hello all, apologies for falling off the grid for about 8 months there frown.gif Got sent across country rather unexpectedly and rather forgot about shadowrun for the nonce. Just thought I'd drop in and catch up smile.gif.

Huzzah! You back for a bit? I'm afraid I sent Mr Hill off on a church errand but we can probably work him back in if you can withstand Gemeaux's ire smile.gif

Hope RL is ok! nyahnyah.gif
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 19 2013, 06:15 AM) *
Numbers are stacked against you for that second shot…I’m guessing you’ll blast away again in 4.2. You wing him in 4.2 and finish him with shot #2…needless to say the bike goes splat in a messy fashion! Feel free to write this up IC! Plus you’ve run out of attacks…can you roll me some more with +2 tacnet added? Thanks

Yup, he would have continued to blaze away at the bike until it went down. IC post will be up shortly.

3 more attacks, at which point the shotgun runs dry. Assuming he survives the firefight, Scrapheap will be investing in more slug rounds and a bandolier. wink.gif

Shooting Remington 990 (7 damage, -1AP before net hits) Agility 4 + Shotguns 3 + Tacnet 2
[5,5,6,5,5,3,5,4,5] = 7 hits. Holy shit!
[5,3,1,1,1,3,2,1,6] = 2 hits.
[3,5,1,5,5,1,4,5,3] = 4 hits.

onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 19 2013, 07:55 AM) *
Huzzah! You back for a bit? I'm afraid I sent Mr Hill off on a church errand but we can probably work him back in if you can withstand Gemeaux's ire smile.gif

Hope RL is ok! nyahnyah.gif

Absolutely fine about the church errand. What were the circumstances of my absence and what has happened since in that thread?

I figured that if I show up when the two timelines meet in time to save some hoop I might be allowed to explain myself (cover story that I was keeping tabs on them but felt my presence had endagered the mission). Given Mr. Hill's BL connections hes not exactly popular with certain sections of dragonkind (which i need to actually talk to you about). Mainly this is because the BL pokes it's nose where it isnt welcome.
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: Y'know, I made a more social than combat character. So I'm about to do something stupid: I'm gonna try and con them. This will most likely end badly, but it's more IC than going Dirty Harry.
So I just started reading through the parts of the uk thread since Ive been gone and man is life going to be pear shaped.... I know you probably didnt know what I said about certain dragons not caring for my associations but I've never been so glad that Anselm was a priest working for the bendanati while working for the black lodge under cover as a templar infiltrating the Jesuits.... That church errand may be more timely than you could have known. If i find out she (The neonet lady) works for celedyr church business wouldve been the first thing to call me away.... Also, if she remembers kreesis shes a bloody IE??! How does that square up with Alamais being the one who created the IE's?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 19 2013, 06:15 AM) *
Errrm…yes? Although unless you want to crash you’ll need to spend one IP controlling the bike…I’m fairly certain ramming doesn’t count towards that biggrin.gif. Harley didn’t ram you, he hit you with his glowy fist in 4.1, more or less from behind/to the side but you can easily do the ‘slam on the brakes to let him fly past’ manoeuvre seen in every good dogfight film! I’ll let you write that up IC if you want to. The racing bikes are currently more or less level with you east to west. As I see it you are all in a kind of cruciform. From the south you have the van, then racing bikes, mono and Harley…north of them are Spring and Scrapheap (who is lurking south of the wrecked Americar), and finally north of them is the rust bucket.

The racing bikes are shooting north at a rate of knots, Harley is playing kiss chase with the mono and the rust heap is lurching south towards the group…
I was thinking more of Ferret perimeter monitoring drones but as a justification for picking up something with some bang bang that sounds fine!

Aack! You want a minigun?!? That was a little more power creep than I had anticipated and will end the current combat in a big lead hose (assuming those gremlins don’t come to play ork.gif) but that said I don’t have a problem with it in principal. I’d rather you paid full whack for the minigun though, the chances of the Mechanicals finding one on a scrap heap are next to nill so it will have come from a weapons dealer. They have an appropriate contact and the gun is probably left over from the Eurowars but it still spits lead with the best of ‘em!
... snip ...
Would you prefer I swapped the minigun for one of the other LMG's?  An Ingram White Knight (SR4A320) 12F, RC6, but not upgradable, Ares MP-LMG AR29, 12F, upgradeable, or SA Nemesis LMG AR29 17F and upgradable.  From what I've seen elsewhere, a pair white knight's is a fairly typical (crawler) drone weapon.  With the Owl, I can only get one (normal) weapon mount though.  The Nemesis looks interesting, since it comes with 2 of the upgrades I was adding to the minigun anyway.  Even better, if you let me 'swap' the built Gas Vent 2 for Gas Vent 3, for only the 'difference' in modification slot cost, though I probably would not use up the full slot set.  Probably would not need the extra ammo bin that way either.

Note that I *did* add a modification to the minigun, so be able to fire it in BF mode.  With the electronic firing mod, it should be practical to control the number of rounds fired.  Only as much lead as needed smile.gif

I'll get started on the IC.  Since Sprogget is 're-discovering' the drone, he can't be sure yet what it has.  It could have been adjusted some since he last saw it, and will take at least an IP (probably 2) to get it active.  I'll try to be reasonable about the events that need to happen.
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 19 2013, 07:41 PM) *
So I just started reading through the parts of the uk thread since Ive been gone and man is life going to be pear shaped.... I know you probably didnt know what I said about certain dragons not caring for my associations but I've never been so glad that Anselm was a priest working for the bendanati while working for the black lodge under cover as a templar infiltrating the Jesuits.... That church errand may be more timely than you could have known. If i find out she (The neonet lady) works for celedyr church business wouldve been the first thing to call me away.... Also, if she remembers kreesis shes a bloody IE??! How does that square up with Alamais being the one who created the IE's?

Well...let's go with a summary of things as I see it in the E:PL thread...how much of this Mr Hill knows will depend on the errand you/I decide upon and how the hell we get everyone to work with you again smile.gif
  • You all got a NeoNet zep from Oxford to Exeter, Mr Hill stuck by himself and the others chatted to the passengers (including Ryl / eTher)
  • You landed and the church whisked Mr Hill away on an errand...perhaps they knew???
  • Ryl was 'unmasked' as a drake working for Celedyr...and she appears in the E:CoP thread too!
  • Ryl offered the runners aid, mostly in the form of transport...they haven't taken her up on anything else, there's an unspoken agreement that she will call in the debt at some point ork.gif
  • The runners get to Clearwater but it is empty...they escape hostile corp forces summoned from who knows where (SinTec is implicated but they are minor fish with probably not enough clout for this kind of op)
  • Argent persuades them to take the Collots to Chicago...and they go for it! The other possible drop offs are in war zones (Middle East and South America)
  • Blackwater (Chi Town) is attacked while the runners are there and they make it out by the skin of their teeth and pick up a couple of waifs and strays
  • Corp forces are hunting through the CZ for the fleeing TMs
  • They are near Copperhead (on the far side of the river) when Mr Collot identifies there are friendly TMs over the other side in need of help

And there we have it more or less...anyone else feel free to chime in if I've missed a key detail?!?

For those who don't want to know more about Ryl do NOT read this:
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 19 2013, 08:20 PM) *
Would you prefer I swapped the minigun for one of the other LMG's?  An Ingram White Knight (SR4A320) 12F, RC6, but not upgradable, Ares MP-LMG AR29, 12F, upgradeable, or SA Nemesis LMG AR29 17F and upgradable.  From what I've seen elsewhere, a pair white knight's is a fairly typical (crawler) drone weapon.  With the Owl, I can only get one (normal) weapon mount though.  The Nemesis looks interesting, since it comes with 2 of the upgrades I was adding to the minigun anyway.  Even better, if you let me 'swap' the built Gas Vent 2 for Gas Vent 3, for only the 'difference' in modification slot cost, though I probably would not use up the full slot set.  Probably would not need the extra ammo bin that way either.

Note that I *did* add a modification to the minigun, so be able to fire it in BF mode.  With the electronic firing mod, it should be practical to control the number of rounds fired.  Only as much lead as needed smile.gif

I'll get started on the IC.  Since Sprogget is 're-discovering' the drone, he can't be sure yet what it has.  It could have been adjusted some since he last saw it, and will take at least an IP (probably 2) to get it active.  I'll try to be reasonable about the events that need to happen.

At the end of the day a minigun is just a glorified LMG...at this level they are both fairly horrific biggrin.gif ...feel free to go with it as is. Grade A bang bang tends to draw the attention of people with equally hideous tech ork.gif
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes, Aria

My previous SR characters were lighter on weapons.  Nothing more than SA.  So I was not up on how all the burst and auto modifiers worked.  After running the ranged combat numbers, I'm better off with something 'lighter' than the minigun.  The doubled {uncompensated} recoil modifiers make the minigun nearly useless in full auto (-6 modifier), since even with tacnet that reduces the dice pool to 6 for the drone, 5 for Sprogget.  Even a 'light' machine gun is classed as a haeavy weapon (SR4A152).  Getting the recoil fully compensated is worth more than the extra bonuses using the LMG.

Swapped the minigun for a modified Ares Alpha assault rifle, including high velocity (AR152), which boosts the full auto fire rate to 12 rounds per action (AR26).  That much I can get enough recoil compensation to handle.

In FA mode, that does not allow short bursts, but can fire 2 long bursts in a single action phase.  Full bursts get a -11 recoil modifier instead of -9; Narrow Burst get +11 DV modifier; Wide bursts applies -11 dice pool modifier to defender dice pool AR26.  In addition, this allow attacking 2, 3, or 4 separate targets within 1 meter or each other, by targeting them with combinations of short and long bursts (reducing the modifiers to match)

3.3 free action: transmit phrase
3.3 complex action: ram Harley

Used price gremlins rolls for CD Owl drone (2d6=8, 2d6=3, 2d6=5)
2d6 → [2,6] = (cool.gif
2d6 → [1,2] = (3)
2d6 → [1,4] = (5)
Oops .. 2 levels of Gremlins.  List of potential things that could 'glitch' from a gremlin added after update drone specs spoiler: Since paying full price for the rifle, it and the included smartgun system should be fine, but the modifications and accessories are at risk.

Check for active gremlins on LeO drone (1d6.hits(5)=0) [1] = (0)
A clean miss smile.gif No gremlin currently active

4.1 simple action: send command list to LeO
4.1 simple action: log off of the hacked node

monocyle body 6, armor 16, condition monitor 6/9

4.2 complex action Cut Off SR4A170 : Opposed Vehicle test, Sprogget side of that is same as RAM, and dropping the final 2 dice for the 6 boxes of damage does not change the count smile.gif vs Pilot Ground Craft()+Rea()+Handling()+modifiers: Handling is 2 for base Harley SR4A351

LeO:
Initiative for LeO CD Owl drone (9d6.hits(5)=1) [4,3,4,3,3,5,3,2,4] = (1) : initiative 10 3IP
Initiative Test: Pilot(3)+Response(6)
4.1 Complex Action: Lift off and turn / move towards Sprogget
use vehicle tests to increase accel, but use walking rate to keep the minuses off, since going to be shooting
4.2 Simple? Action join tacnet
4.2 Simple Action Access tacsoft data
4.3 Pick target, depending on what happened in 4.2, and if no priority change messages

LeO: Response 6, Signal(nonstandard) 5, System 6, Firewall 6; Hidden; ECCM(6), Stealth(6), Clearsight(4), Targetting(5), Maneuver(4), Encrypt(6), Slaved to Sprogget
LeO: Handling 0; Accel 5/20; Speed 80

IC shortly

LeO Pregen
[ Spoiler ]

LeO : Drone specs
[ Spoiler ]

phlapjack77
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 19 2013, 10:41 PM) *
Want her to scream? She's got a vocal modulator, I'll probably get a crap load of dice for something or other! biggrin.gif

If I see some way she can be helpful without dying horribly (she's only wearing 2/2 armour right now), then I'll do my best. She doesn't know they're meta hating morons, so she probably thinks she has a chance of doing something or other if it looks like she has to.

Dante probably wouldn't expect her to do anything, so no worries whatever happens smile.gif I'm currently trying to figure out a way to take down 3 opponents in one IP..not sure it's possible without grenades smile.gif

karhig
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 20 2013, 08:45 AM) *
Dante probably wouldn't expect her to do anything, so no worries whatever happens smile.gif I'm currently trying to figure out a way to take down 3 opponents in one IP..not sure it's possible without grenades smile.gif

Message just in from Cat: Bon courage! wink.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 20 2013, 01:45 AM) *

If you had full auto you could split up your full burst into 3 short bursts to attack all three of them. smile.gif
Dakka Fiend

Eek, even more lead being thrown around?

Tweak:
4.1: Brake, put van in reverse and accelerate like crazy.

Seeing as the bikes got a head-start, I'll probably won't get back to ramming mode right away? I'll watch how that first IP goes and try to think of soemthing to do then.

Spring:

Like I threatened wrote before, spending one point of Edge for a second IP, down to 5/6 Edge.

4.1: Drive to west side of road, get off my little, fragile scooter and hopefully find some cover - if there's nothing better: my huge, sturdy scooter.

4.2: Summon some help. Can I spend some Karma before that roll? wink.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 20 2013, 10:50 PM) *
If you had full auto you could split up your full burst into 3 short bursts to attack all three of them. smile.gif

i left my lead hose in the truck frown.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 20 2013, 09:50 AM) *
i left my lead hose in the truck frown.gif

Hmm....is there a convenient chandelier right above the group of them that you can shoot so that it falls on top of them?
phlapjack77
nice! oh to have a fate point to spend right now smile.gif
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 20 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Hmm....is there a convenient chandelier right above the group of them that you can shoot so that it falls on top of them?

With a bit of luck one of the gangers will be a secret dryad fetishist and drop his gun at the excitement of meeting one in the meat and at least one other will have connected to his gun by wifi and forgotten to enable the firewall biggrin.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 20 2013, 10:04 AM) *
With a bit of luck one of the gangers will be a secret dryad fetishist and drop his gun at the excitement of meeting one in the meat and at least one other will have connected to his gun by wifi and forgotten to enable the firewall biggrin.gif

Well, I'm at least hoping the leader has smartlink on his gun so that once I hack into his commlink I can send a command to the smartlink to keep the safety on. Failing that, maybe he has some cybereyes that I can crash so he'd be blind. Or any number of other nasty things a good hacker can do to you when he owns your shit. smile.gif
phlapjack77
yes! let there be much ownage of the shit!
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/Noodle House
Dubstep went first and is doing 'lots of stuff' in the matrix: giving orders to his agent and searching for hidden nodes (and finding the gang leader's hidden link - seems they understand at least the basics of matrix security). Cindy (the agent) is currenty downloading the lonely data file from the Mitsuhama nexus. Slacker, you can either make an IC post covering this or I'll make something up if/when Dante starts shooting.

Dante has just activated his wires and deployed his pistol. He can either hold his action or try something before the gangers can act. phlapjack77: hold or shoot?
If you need to know the position of the gangers
- the leader is by the main entrance, covering the restaurant
- chunky is heading towards your table his pistol pointing mostly at Dante
- skinny is moving towards a table on the other side of the room, he seems focused on the chinese couple sitting there with their hands up.

The gangers will go after Dante and before Cat.
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 20 2013, 06:05 PM) *
The gangers will go [...] before Cat.

Gangers are so totally OP in shadowrun. How's a girl supposed to keep up? spin.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 21 2013, 01:05 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/Noodle House
Dante has just activated his wires and deployed his pistol. He can either hold his action or try something before the gangers can act.

Dante'll hold his action until either the gangers get too menacing or he gets a clear tactical advantage. He def. won't give up his toys and he won't let the gangers leave the place (alive) either.

I'll IC something in the meanwhile
Notsoevildm
Some combat rolls for Copperhead:

Initiative:
Init 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3 = 9, 7, 9, 9, 9, 1 pass

Ranged dodge:
Reaction 3 = 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=2 - she is not very good at getting out of the way. 4th is a critical glitch, would prefer to buy it off it it comes up but kinda out of Edge at the moment.

Ballistic soak:
Body 6 + Ballistic 15 = 21d6.hits(5)=8, 21d6.hits(5)=4, 21d6.hits(5)=5, 21d6.hits(5)=7, 21d6.hits(5)=8 - ideally would reroll when needed, but slight lack of edge again. Gonna need to up that as well!

Shooting back at Snagglepus! First round only one shot as she need to drop staff and grab shotgun, double tap on subsequent rounds:
Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + Smartlink 2 = 9d6.hits(5)=0, 9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=7 - oh man what crappy rolls, except for the last one. Almost hope combat lasts that long! Base damage is 7P, -1 AP

Beastie boy, F2 snake spirit. If Snag is dual-natured, BB can attack 3 times per round on the astral, otherwise 2 times per round on physical. Not likely to do much but might at least keep the fragger from shooting Copper for a couple of rounds until help arrives.
Astral combat:
Agi 2 + astral combat 2 = 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=3, 4d6.hits(5)=3, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=3, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=0, base damage is 2P
Unarmed combat:
Agi 3 + unarmed combat 2 = 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=0, base damage is also 2P, but Snaggle also has to resist venom of 2P (force) or 6P (default value) after the first combat round he is bitten.
Got a rough question for any of the e:pl: uk folks. Anyone have something that was a favorite or oft handled item in their gear back on the zepp that they wouldnt have had time to miss from their baggage that Anselm couldve pilfered to use as a material link for later reconnection? I dont have to have it just thought it would segue better.
RdMarquis
Huh. Nothing obvious comes to mind. Spare gun? Hardcopy book? Mordred wouldn't take much in the way of personal items on a run.

Nice to see you back, by the way.

By the way, I'm spending my remaining karma on two knowledge skills. Security Procedures and Magical Threats.
JxJxA
Probably not, but I'd figure Argent would clue you in.
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Mar 20 2013, 07:20 PM) *
Probably not, but I'd figure Argent would clue you in.

? Not sure what you mean by that? Apologies for having disappeared; I know it can be rough when a player leaves without letting anyone know. Also, I know my character is pretty self-righteous but i didnt realize how arrogant he sounded. Went back through and read the storyline and went.... damn.
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 21 2013, 01:30 PM) *
? Not sure what you mean by that? Apologies for having disappeared; I know it can be rough when a player leaves without letting anyone know. Also, I know my character is pretty self-righteous but i didnt realize how arrogant he sounded. Went back through and read the storyline and went.... damn.

Lol, I just meant that I don't think Gemeaux would have left anything behind that was easily pickpocketed. He's been carrying, dragging, and kicking his luggage through the battles, and I think he'd take offense if he saw someone picking through his stuff. nyahnyah.gif

I meant that Argent (the fixer who sent us to Chicago) probably would have called you and let you know what is going on (either as an opportunity to keep working, potential to avoid whatever breach of contract might have happened when Hill disappeared, or magician to magician, etc.). smile.gif
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Mar 20 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Lol, I just meant that I don't think Gemeaux would have left anything behind that was easily pickpocketed. He's been carrying, dragging, and kicking his luggage through the battles, and I think he'd take offense if he saw someone picking through his stuff. nyahnyah.gif

I meant that Argent (the fixer who sent us to Chicago) probably would have called you and let you know what is going on (either as an opportunity to keep working, potential to avoid whatever breach of contract might have happened when Hill disappeared, or magician to magician, etc.). smile.gif

doh lol i read argent as Aria and was like yeah she told me the storyline. Ill have to see what I can do with argent because unfortunately Im about to be rerouted (kidnapped).
RdMarquis
Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) + Tacnet (2) = 10d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3983824/

3 hits on both taser shots.
Slacker
@VirtualScream: Notsoevildm
Finding the leader's node; Dubstep will take a complex action to Hack on the Fly attempting to get a basic user access to the leader's commlink.
He got 6 hits.
That should be enough but on the off chance they have a higher than 6 Firewall, I made a second roll:
He got 3 more hits

Once on the commlink, he will look to see if the leader's gun has a smartlink that he can issue a Command to in order to lock it's safety on. He got 6 hits.

If there is no smartlink, he will look for any cyberware the leader may have that he can mess with.
karhig
@Virtual Scream / Notsoevildm
I think my post is in order, since I act after the gangers, who just did something, let me know if it's not.

Social role to distract ganger from waitress, with vocal modulator and first impression. (17d6.hits(5) -> [2,6,6,3,4,6,2,3,4,5,2,3,6,6,4,5,4] = 7)

I may have distracted a little too well.
phlapjack77
uh, wow. I think with that roll EVERY male patron (and some female ones) is distracted. Hope Dante doesn't get a negative mod or anything smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
Are you kidding? Even Alex is distracted, and he's not even in the same neighborhood! grinbig.gif
phlapjack77
This just in: inexplicable rash of car crashes outside local diner. News at 11!
ChromeZephyr
Thanks, phlap. My boss is giving me funny looks as I'm choking, trying not to laugh. smile.gif
phlapjack77
smile.gif
karhig
She's not doing sexy-time distractions, but you know, when a girls got it...
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 21 2013, 01:49 AM) *
Got a rough question for any of the e:pl: uk folks. Anyone have something that was a favorite or oft handled item in their gear back on the zepp that they wouldnt have had time to miss from their baggage that Anselm couldve pilfered to use as a material link for later reconnection? I dont have to have it just thought it would segue better.

The Collots are more likely to have been carrying something personal that got lost...
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 22 2013, 02:05 AM) *
The Collots are more likely to have been carrying something personal that got lost...

sounds good to me; did you get my pm?
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 22 2013, 12:00 PM) *
sounds good to me; did you get my pm?

Just replying now smile.gif
RdMarquis
I forgot to ask. Would it be possible for Mordred to get a power point instead of metamagic after initiating?
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 23 2013, 02:43 AM) *
I forgot to ask. Would it be possible for Mordred to get a power point instead of metamagic after initiating?

Yes, no problem!
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 23 2013, 06:48 AM) *
Yes, no problem!

Thanks.

To recap, I've spent Karma on the following.

Grade 1 Initiation
1 Power Point, which was spent on 2 levels of Mystic Armor
Knowledge Skills Magical Threats and Security Procedures, both at Rating 1
Raising Perception to 3
Urban Specialization for Infiltration

Also, I've added the following items to his inventory.

Stock
Ammo: EX-Explosive Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x50
Ammo: APDS Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x50
Contact Lenses Rating 2
+Thermographic Vision
+Flare Compensation
Earbuds Rating 3
+Audio Enhancement Rating 3
Stimulant Patch x3
Gecko Tape Gloves
Glue Sprayer
Respirator Rating 6
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: Think you've got a broken color tag in your last post for Alex. And let me know what/how many skill checks and when.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 21 2013, 07:16 AM) *
Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) + Tacnet (2) = 10d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3983824/

3 hits on both taser shots.
This is the problem of having people on very different IPs…I suspect that by the time you are close enough to shoot at a ganger things will be very different! Never mind, I’ll provide you with a target of some sort even if Attacker 1 pops his ugly head back up biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Mar 20 2013, 03:42 PM) *

Eek, even more lead being thrown around?

Tweak:
4.1: Brake, put van in reverse and accelerate like crazy.

Seeing as the bikes got a head-start, I'll probably won't get back to ramming mode right away? I'll watch how that first IP goes and try to think of soemthing to do then.

Spring:

Like I threatened wrote before, spending one point of Edge for a second IP, down to 5/6 Edge.

4.1: Drive to west side of road, get off my little, fragile scooter and hopefully find some cover - if there's nothing better: my huge, sturdy scooter.

4.2: Summon some help. Can I spend some Karma before that roll? wink.gif
Yes, Spring can spend karma now if you want! As you are now running two characters I’m afraid you’ll have to split your karma allotment between them… it’s how we had intended to run it when I was playing multiples in a thread. It’s moot now as that thread died a death and has become the Balefire fiction I hope you are all reading smile.gif
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 20 2013, 06:50 AM) *
<snip>
In FA mode, that does not allow short bursts, but can fire 2 long bursts in a single action phase. Full bursts get a -11 recoil modifier instead of -9; Narrow Burst get +11 DV modifier; Wide bursts applies -11 dice pool modifier to defender dice pool AR26. In addition, this allow attacking 2, 3, or 4 separate targets within 1 meter or each other, by targeting them with combinations of short and long bursts (reducing the modifiers to match)

Check for active gremlins on LeO drone (1d6.hits(5)=0) [1] = (0)
A clean miss smile.gif No gremlin currently active

4.1 simple action: send command list to LeO
4.1 simple action: log off of the hacked node

monocyle body 6, armor 16, condition monitor 6/9

4.2 complex action Cut Off SR4A170 : Opposed Vehicle test, Sprogget side of that is same as RAM, and dropping the final 2 dice for the 6 boxes of damage does not change the count smile.gif vs Pilot Ground Craft()+Rea()+Handling()+modifiers: Handling is 2 for base Harley SR4A351
You cut him off, he didn’t crash though ork.gif

I’m working up the IC now but if anyone has any more actions around end of 4 beginning of 5 now is the time to say! Mental note to self: ensure people are on the same kind of IPs in a pbp game…less of a headache nyahnyah.gif

@E:Tribes

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Initiative:
Tweak Ini 16 (3IPs) Sprogget: Ini 11 (1IPs)/13 (3IPs) Scrapheap: Ini 12 (1IPs) Spring Ini 9 (1IPs) LeFey: Ini 8 (1IPs)

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

3.1 Sprogget bounced to central slave node, Accolon goes too, trace IC activated, LeFey fires twice at attacker 1, may or may not have hit. Tweak lines up on the Harley?!? Rust bucket Americar deploys a roof mounted AK, presumably someone will pop up behind it next rnd, pillion rider fires at van
3.2 Clash of the titans with van & Harley. Tweak resists biofeedback Sprogget finds drone gunship
3.3 Sprogget changes targets to ram Harley – not precisely sure on speeds but assumed Bod damage to Harley and half that to monobike, no damage to either

4.1 LeFey shoots at Harley mage, Scrapheap shoots at roof gunner, rest of you…? Mage hits the mono bike and does 6 damage! No feedback damage to Sprogget, pillion rider on LHS shoots (and misses) Spring. Scrapheap second shot blast at W crotch rocket – missed due to second target, dodge etc… Tweak brakes, puts van in reverse and accelerates like crazy. Spring retreats to the cover of a building to the W of the road. Sprogget commands gunship and logs off Freedom node
4.2 Scrapheap finishes off W crotch rocket Spring summons a spirit. Sprogget cuts off the Harley but doesn’t force a crash
4.3 Drone shoots at Harley

5.1 LeFey shoots at biker

Note on timings…we’ve only had about 20 seconds of action so far so don’t expect the Freedom cavalry for a bit unless they happen to be wondering around nearby…at this rate you’ll have polished off the foe before they can blink biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Mar 25 2013, 05:10 PM) *
@NSEDM: Think you've got a broken color tag in your last post for Alex. And let me know what/how many skill checks and when.

Fixed the tag. Need a Con roll or equivalent social test to fool the gangers into opening the door.
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: Charisma 4 + Con 3 + Kinesics 3 = 3 hits.

@Aria: Well, I'd imagine that car bearing down on him is Scrapheap's main concern. He'll shoot the front where the motor is, try and stop the car in it's tracks. If the first shot does it, I'll hold my remaining shot to see if anyone gets out and shoot them. If it doesn't, well, he'll shoot the car again. And for a free action he'll say...something...I dunno, I'll figure it out when I do his next IC.
JxJxA
@Aria: I'm not sure if Gemeaux can draw a bead and start firing, but shooting from a distance is a lot more familiar than getting all up in his target's grill. nyahnyah.gif
Aria
@E: Promised Land

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Initiative:
Copperhead 9 (1IP)

Combat order:

1.1 Copperhead shot by Snag, fires back, Mordred & Gemeaux race towards the bridge

Fairy/Tsubaki is going to take a break for a bit for RL reasons. She’ll tag along in the background and look after the Collots! Can I have rolls from Gemeaux and Mordred please?
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Mar 26 2013, 05:58 AM) *
@Aria: I'm not sure if Gemeaux can draw a bead and start firing, but shooting from a distance is a lot more familiar than getting all up in his target's grill. nyahnyah.gif

Have a look at the map and tell me how far away you want to be...take the existing 201* buildings as being more or less what's there in 2072, just a bit more ruined! Mordred will probably want to get significantly closer! Beware of splitting up! Just saying ork.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012