Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 25 2012, 07:00 PM) *
Hey, Aria, did Argent ever mention that the package is a technomancer??? Just checking ahead before posting....

Yes, a TM of unknown power to be taken to the Clearwater enclave somewhere on Exmoor (at least I think I said Exmoor and not Dartmoor nyahnyah.gif)
Fairy
Do I have to roll for anything? Or is it okay as is?
JxJxA
If we need negotiate, I'm more than happy to make an assist roll. smile.gif
Fairy
Lmfao! All I can imagine now is all of us pressuring the poor techie, "Help us or you DIE."
JxJxA
LOL, I see it more like, "Dude, don't be a dick. Get in the fight." nyahnyah.gif
Aria
@ E:PL Chi Town...ok, moving you along...Erebus and Dealer can catch you up as and when. You have the coords for a container of stuff which should cover anything you might need to go into the zone. You can make any plans there or plan OoC and I'm happy to skip onto your insertion into the zone?!? Your choice.

@ E:PL UK...you can see two shields behind the hedge and they threw 2 flash bangs. You're safe inside the car but can't really look out unless you have flare comp and possibly audio dampers...

You can either re-roll initiative or let me know what it was last time and we'll use that one...
Fairy
Omg lol, now there is a little old lady getting involved? Lolololololol.
JxJxA
I'm happy to reroll. I kind of figured it would happen after we piled into the clown car. nyahnyah.gif

Initiative:
React(8 ) + Int(3) = 11d6 for 4 hits.

Init 15/IP 3
Fairy
Lmfao, I got ZERO hits. Go me.

Tsubaki's 8d6.hits(5)=0 makes it default 8 Initiative with 3 Passes.
Aria
The cops are taking it slow...they don't want a repeat of the butchering frmo before...you both act first on IP 1
Fairy
Does this mean Gemeaux doesn't have to kill anyone this time? biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
Last time I got 12, with 3 passes, so I'll stick with that. Have the cops spotted us, or is there any chance I can roll infiltration to sneak up on them?
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 27 2012, 10:14 PM) *
Last time I got 12, with 3 passes, so I'll stick with that. Have the cops spotted us, or is there any chance I can roll infiltration to sneak up on them?

Well they can see the car and it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume they've got an aerial spotter but you can roll if you like...you might be able to get out the far side and use folliage as cover...it's daylight though
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 27 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Well they can see the car and it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume they've got an aerial spotter but you can roll if you like...you might be able to get out the far side and use folliage as cover...it's daylight though

Better just fight it out, then.
JxJxA
I figured I should probably make my thrill seeker composure(2) test:
Will(3) + Cha(3) = 6d6 for 0 hits. Into the fight I go! Damn the torpedoes, damn the snipers, and damn the consequences! biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 27 2012, 08:01 PM) *
I figured I should probably make my thrill seeker composure(2) test:
Will(3) + Cha(3) = 6d6 for 0 hits. Into the fight I go! Damn the torpedoes, damn the snipers, and damn the consequences! biggrin.gif

...Think I'll have Mordred go in second.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 27 2012, 01:59 PM) *
@ E:PL Chi Town...ok, moving you along...Erebus and Dealer can catch you up as and when. You have the coords for a container of stuff which should cover anything you might need to go into the zone. You can make any plans there or plan OoC and I'm happy to skip onto your insertion into the zone?!? Your choice.
I am happy to skip the planning stage IC and go straight into the zone. However, some questions and a couple of things I was thinking of picking up for the kids to be extracted (2 teenagers if I remember right):

2 x armor vests
2 x night vision goggles (low light)
2 x light pistols with laser sights

As I think she is possibly the strongest in the group, she will carry these items along with her own gear. Only restriction for Copper is that they go in at night and lay low during the day. That might mean taking a day or two to get there and extract the kids and a day or two to get back. Also, do we have any intel on where they are being held? Are they being held against their will (I had the impression this was not the case)? If so, what sort of opponents can we expect / what sort of nasties might we meet on the way?

Is there a background count in the zone? I kinda assume so from the nuking. If so, this will further limit Copper's already limited magical abilities, such that she may have to rely on her physical skills.
JxJxA
Not sure what to expect, but here goes nothing. Gemeaux has flash compensators in his goggles and ultrasound up and running, but no aural dampeners in his earbuds. He also has his respirator on.

Here are the stats for my sniper rifle: Walther MA-2100
Mods: Internal silencer, skinlinked, chameleon coating, improved range finder
Short Range: 0-150m
RC: 1
AP: Base(3) + EX Explosive(1)= 4
DV: Base(7) + EX Explosive(1) = 8P

IP 1:
Simple-Grab assault rifle
Free-Run out of car towards nearest point of hard cover
Simple (if possible)-Take a parting shot at one of the cops with the sniper rifle
Agility(9) + Longarms(5) + Specialty(2) + Smartgun(2) - Running(2) = 17d6 for 3 hits should be 16d6 for 3 hits, I fail math x_x. The dice gods, they like this one...

I figured lyrics from La Marseillaise would be appropriate and particularly insulting to them nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
On the first pass, I'm going to Take Aim, then, then fire a burst.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3395484/

6 hits for 8P and -2 AP
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 28 2012, 11:29 AM) *
I am happy to skip the planning stage IC and go straight into the zone. However, some questions and a couple of things I was thinking of picking up for the kids to be extracted (2 teenagers if I remember right)

You do smile.gif

QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 28 2012, 11:29 AM) *
As I think she is possibly the strongest in the group, she will carry these items along with her own gear. Only restriction for Copper is that they go in at night and lay low during the day. That might mean taking a day or two to get there and extract the kids and a day or two to get back. Also, do we have any intel on where they are being held? Are they being held against their will (I had the impression this was not the case)? If so, what sort of opponents can we expect / what sort of nasties might we meet on the way?

Is there a background count in the zone? I kinda assume so from the nuking. If so, this will further limit Copper's already limited magical abilities, such that she may have to rely on her physical skills.

You know the 'packages' are in an underground 'lair' a former bug hive no less! But at least it will be out of the sun biggrin.gif They aren't there against their will and the whole point is the lair has been compromised somehow and various teams are being sent in to get the inhabitants out (so don't shoot any of them by mistake!). As to what you might meet, feral ghouls? bugs? rabid gang members? anything my evil GM mind can dream up ork.gif

I am, however, not keen on nerfing mages with background count and tend to make it at least 1 lower than suggested. This is the Zone though so I probably should make it 1 and perhaps raise it if you stumble across a significant masacre or something...
Aria
@E:PL UK: Fairy, your actions are a little out of 'combat time' and will probably take at least a couple of rounds, but at least I won't be shooting at you!

Gemeaux, your shot wings one, you think, but I've no remembered the rules on armour exceeding power and it is only doing stun...my fault for not figuring that in before

I'll be kind and say that Mordred fired at a different one smile.gif similar results and they are pushing through the hedge where the car crashed through (if you could see their expressions they are hyped up on stims and aren't worried about your attackes at the moment.

I am assuming Mordred is behind the car and Gemeaux has legged it for the next garden over for some more cover? The only hard cover here is a bird table (too small) and the car! The police have changed their shotguns for HK SMGs...can you both roll dodge and soak against a wide burst each please?
Fairy
Oooohhh! smile.gif

And, okie dokie! Tsubaki will search for how ever long it takes, then.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 1 2012, 02:26 PM) *
I am, however, not keen on nerfing mages with background count and tend to make it at least 1 lower than suggested. This is the Zone though so I probably should make it 1 and perhaps raise it if you stumble across a significant masacre or something...
Fortunately Copper is not totally reliant on her magic. She's no combat monster but can shoot a gun and go hand-to-hand if she needs to (and is pretty tough when fully armored up). I will assume a bg count of 1 while in the zone, unless otherwise specified.
JxJxA
@ Aria/E:PL UK: Sounds good, I honestly thought my shot would go wide. The next garden is fine, as I'll take what I can get. nyahnyah.gif SMGs sound nasty, so I'm going to abort my next IP to make a full dodge. Better to be safe than sorry as I try to lead them on a merry chase away from the non-combatants. biggrin.gif

Full dodge: Declaring Watchful Guard just in case I have another round of gunfire coming my way...
React(8 ) + Dodge(4) + Reakt(2) - Wide Burst(2) = 14d6 for 4 hits 12d6 for 3 hits if you pull of the last two dice for the wide burst. I forgot to include that in my roll. x_x

Soak test: I'm guessing ballistic? I hope? nyahnyah.gif
Body(4) + Half-body suit(4) + Lined Coat(6) = 14d6 for 5 hits.
RdMarquis
I'll spend my next pass on a Gymnastics Dodge.

Unless I'm mistaken, that'll be 9 for Gymnastics, +5 for Reaction, -2 for wide burst.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3397211/

2 hits.

As for soak, Body (3) + Armor (6).

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3397214/

4 hits.
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
QUOTE (SoyKaf Adict @ Feb 1 2012, 07:08 PM) *
OGDWD seems to have gone on hiatus, anybody know when he might be back?

Sorry for the unexpected absence all; life got rather busy rather quickly and this went to the back of my mind. I am back I believe and will attempt to touch base with the folks in my gm thread as well as catch up here with Jx and Aria.
Oh goody, I planned to wake up shortly after impacting face first into the front seat of the vehicle.... and shit init is what I get nyahnyah.gif

6d6.hits(5) → [3,6,3,4,1,5] = (2)

8 initiative
Ears
@OGDWD: Well, life's life. Good to have you back. And if this turns into a roll call: I'm ready to kick some ass, err, twitch uncontrolably.
Fairy
Oh, Mister Hill is back. smile.gif
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 2 2012, 03:08 AM) *
Sorry for the unexpected absence all; life got rather busy rather quickly and this went to the back of my mind. I am back I believe and will attempt to touch base with the folks in my gm thread as well as catch up here with Jx and Aria.

Lol, haha, welcome back, now get in the fight! nyahnyah.gif
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Mar 2 2012, 07:17 AM) *
Lol, haha, welcome back, now get in the fight! nyahnyah.gif

Pfft was waiting to make a dramatic entrance.
RdMarquis
Pistols (4) + Logic (5) + Specialization (2) + Take Aim (1). The benefits of the smartgun are negated by cover.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3399744/

2 hits, for 8P damage and -2 AP. That's my third pass.
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 3 2012, 06:36 AM) *

Well, there ARE twenty grenades of the high explosive and white phosphorous variety in my suitcase. If a stray shot ignites that car, you will make a dramatic entrance into the afterlife. nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 1 2012, 07:08 PM) *

Welcome back...now I just need to up the power level of the opposition or you will walk all over them again, and where's the fun in that? ork.gif

Will get to rolls etc when I get back to work on Monday, sorry left all the info there nyahnyah.gif
JxJxA
No worries. Cliffhanger time!
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 3 2012, 05:19 AM) *
Welcome back...now I just need to up the power level of the opposition or you will walk all over them again, and where's the fun in that? ork.gif

Will get to rolls etc when I get back to work on Monday, sorry left all the info there nyahnyah.gif

zomg! GM RAILROAD! nyahnyah.gif jk lol. Im waiting to see if i get at least 1 action this IP or have to wait for next combat turn?
also another thing to think of... im in this country without being registered as a mage (no samples given), im paranoid... and not likely to use god inspired magic given the presence of astral sigs. So consider that when ramping opposition please.
Fairy
Aria, all my Tsubaki is gonna do is just look for another car for how ever long or how many Passes it takes. Let me know if I need to roll anything. Depending on if Geme, Mord, and Hill deal with the cops outside, Tsubaki is gonna hang out inside and try to figure out how to get Party B to Point C. biggrin.gif And, if Charlie needs another stim patch, that can be done, too. biggrin.gif

By the way... is there a such thing as a full defense block? According to Arsenal, there seems to something called a full defense block being possible, if it's being described as an option. I'm just wondering what that kind of roll would look like. Unarmed+Unarmed+Reaction? Or is this just poor writing on the writers' part for the book?
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 4 2012, 12:33 AM) *
Aria, all my Tsubaki is gonna do is just look for another car for how ever long or how many Passes it takes. Let me know if I need to roll anything. Depending on if Geme, Mord, and Hill deal with the cops outside, Tsubaki is gonna hang out inside and try to figure out how to get Party B to Point C. biggrin.gif And, if Charlie needs another stim patch, that can be done, too. biggrin.gif

By the way... is there a such thing as a full defense block? According to Arsenal, there seems to something called a full defense block being possible, if it's being described as an option. I'm just wondering what that kind of roll would look like. Unarmed+Unarmed+Reaction? Or is this just poor writing on the writers' part for the book?

I believe full defense block would be reaction+unarmed+dodge (the last being the FD part). I think FD is always dodge and that the skill only comes in to the ordinary part of the defense - but I'm prepared to be told that's wrong smile.gif

Don't worry about the hunting through the house bit - feel free to post something about rummaging in a little old lady's place (with those haunting smells of formaldahide etc nyahnyah.gif). She has a car almost as old as she is, no matrix, no autopilot nada...it might even run ork.gif

QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 3 2012, 08:50 PM) *
also another thing to think of... im in this country without being registered as a mage (no samples given), im paranoid... and not likely to use god inspired magic given the presence of astral sigs. So consider that when ramping opposition please.

Duly noted smile.gif

@Gemeaux & Mordred: Be thankful you rolled full dodges, they rolled about average and missed you both...those rounds sound suspiciously like armour piercing when they hit!

Mordred's third IP scores another hit across the shield of the guy...but 22 armour is significant stopping power so...

They will be through the hedge by IP1 of the next round so you've got a momentary breather...I think Gemeaux can still act on IP3? They only have 2 IPs...

JxJxA
Cool, just wanted to wait to see how the shots resolved.

I guess I can try calling a shot to avoid the shield? Is there a ballpark number of penalties for that? I'm a little disappointed I didn't bring the heavier grenades now... x_x

Fairy
Omg... Doom. Dooooom.
SoyKaf Adict
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 2 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Yeah, definitely! I swear this was like waiting for the next book in the series, haha. We're at a pivotal moment where the story starts getting thick. All I could say was, "damnit! Even though Saint rolls dice like a pig in the mud, I want to continue!"
good to hear. will post something shortly.

Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 5 2012, 06:33 PM) *
good to hear. will post something shortly.

Being a glutton for punishment would you like another player if you don't get your full compliment back? I've got a number of concepts bouncing around my head that I would like to try! Most would be adepts (I love them!) but I'd fit the concept around a low power game with street influences...

@Fairy, sorry for not resonding to your PM before this...I don't know is the honest answer. Having a power that is indefinite kind of makes having a time on it pointless...perhaps this is a question for the rules forum?!?
Sure Aria i dont mind, i probably will get everyone back but its an open campaign so can always take more.
JxJxA
I just realized I can't call a shot if I'm moving, lol. Here goes nothing!

Here are the stats for my sniper rifle: Walther MA-2100
Mods: Internal silencer, skinlinked, chameleon coating, improved range finder
Short Range: 0-150m
RC: 1
AP: Base(3) + EX Explosive(1)= 4
DV: Base(7) + EX Explosive(1) = 8P

IP 3: More potshots at the cops!
Free: Running towards houses
Simple: Shot at closest cop
Agi(9) + Longarms(5) + Specialty(2) + Smartgun(2) + Synch(1) - Running(2) = 17d6 for 3 hits.
Simple: Doubletap!
Agi(9) + Longarms(5) + Specialty(2) + Smartgun(2) + Synch(1) - Running(2) = 17d6 for 9 hits.

7 shots left in the clip.

Init Roll for Round 2: Init 14/IP 3
React(8 ) + Int(3) = 11d6 for 3 hits.
RdMarquis
Should I roll my actions for the IP 1 of the next round? I already took my third pass.
Fairy
I am going to guess it took Tsubaki one Pass to search for a car? Or the entire combat round? Just wondering if I still have my third pass. Or, I can just mash it all together. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 6 2012, 01:16 PM) *
I am going to guess it took Tsubaki one Pass to search for a car? Or the entire combat round? Just wondering if I still have my third pass. Or, I can just mash it all together. smile.gif

Given a round is meant to be something like 3-10s (I forget which?!?) I think mashing it is the way to go...if you want to get back in the fight we can fudge something but Gemeaux has just neutralised cop 1 so there's only 1 more plus any in the Citymaster which you all seem to be ignoring ork.gif

Mordred is free to roll for IP 1...you are still before the lone copper
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 6 2012, 02:38 AM) *
Sure Aria i dont mind, i probably will get everyone back but its an open campaign so can always take more.

I have a concept I’d like to try out for a ‘low powered’ game but it would take some sort of house ruling so feel free to say no!

A set of twins, Kit and Kat, couriers and part time cat burglers, running things between the Seattle elven enclaves in Downtown and Puyallup. They would be together all the time so some proposed house rules: 400BP, identical stats and skills, identical BP in qualities and negative qualities, limit magic to 4 (but with different powers for each). Pay double BP for resources but they are shared equally between them (This may be escessive, may just need to buy two of everything). Possibly need to do the same for contacts? Karma would be split between them so that they advance at the same rate…

Any thoughts? I don’t want to unbalance your game or take anything away from other players by doing a ‘bit of everything’! If this doesn’t sit well with you I have many other adepts up my sleeve smile.gif

I don't know if Kitkats are standard fare in the States? They are a many fingered chocolate & wafer biscuit biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012