Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
DaedalusK71
you can try

http://rolz.org/

Until IC comes back online
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
no, this is not prime vory turf until you go further north to the naval base proper. This is on the border between yaks mafia and vory lol.
no, this is not prime vory turf until you go further north to the naval base proper. This is on the border between yaks mafia and vory lol.
SoyKaf Adict
O,o eegads!
AppliedCheese
Alright, back from stateside and holidays.

So..what'd I miss?
SoyKaf Adict
"You have missed the war!"
@Soy/Ears: Check your guys locations you guys didnt notice that I already had you down Gedney street. Just make sure you edit that out. Otherwise, one of you can take point if you wish to cross the street and enter but leave it there and let me know what you guys generally wish to do so I can steer you in the correct way.

@JxJxa: Im assuming were waiting on Aria to tell us where were going in London? Otherwise if you are waiting on me Ill stick a post up, just wasnt sure where we were on that set.
Ears
@OGDWD
OK, changed the location info on my 'walking' post.
As for a gameplan... find Doc Bailey, inquire about our dear friend Jessica, try to ferret out what she was doing and get out in the same state as we got in. wink.gif
JxJxA
@OGDWD: Yeah, we're in a bit of a holding pattern until Aria gets here. I'd say this is a good time for Anselm to reveal a few more details to Gemeaux, if he's amenable to doing so, but I was going to IC him changing into his running gear. He can't sport the chameleon outfit, but he can at least wear his long coat. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Jan 1 2012, 05:06 PM) *
Alright, back from stateside and holidays.

So..what'd I miss?

Well here's the summary I posted a few pages back:
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 23 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Ok, just a quick round up of where I think we are in the thread before Christmas (it’s unlikely that I will be able to post much before the New Year but we’ll see…)

E:PL / Copperhead, Dealer, Ælias
  • Ælias is on his way to rendezvous with you on the edge of the Chicago – coming in to one of the commercial airports that serve the corp belt around the city.
  • You need to decide if you want to ask for more equipment (I strongly suggest you do having just read the Feral Cities section on Chicago!). You might also want to take in stuff for barter. Don’t forget a sat uplink if you want a reliable matrix feed inside the zone (presumably the Blackwater site has matrix connectivity otherwise all those hiding TMs would go dollaly in short order nyahnyah.gif
  • Note that it is likely that you will have to walk in and out because of the state of the roads!

E:PL / Gemeaux, Mr Hill
  • You are about to arrive in the UK – one of the most repressed, potentially depressing places in Europe (I should know, I live here smile.gif)
  • You seem to be about to get round customs but you still need to decide how you are going to get to the West Country – note that beyond the sprawls (and toxic zones) things have regressed to an idyllic lifestyle of pastoral villages ruled over by the aristocracy – and they don’t appreciate visitors!!!

Fre∑dom / Fractal
  • You’ve gathered preliminary data and retired to your ‘lair’ to consider it / run it through filters / do what you need to do…
  • You still need to contact Summer…remind me and she will provide you with some of the data I gave Jotamon and Doza which should help link the threads of the story together…

Balefire / Fractal (& Applied Cheese)
  • I’ve set the scene for the group coming together. I suspect Fractal will choose to come on board?!?
  • I will do an ‘intro to the group’ post and then hopefully AP can wrap his head around a run for us? smile.gif

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday and comes back fresh with lots of posts to keep things motoring along as they have been biggrin.gif

Hopefully that sets us up for the New Year...and a happy one to all, and yes, I'm back biggrin.gif
Aria
I think I've missed a couple of character submissions for linking at the beginning of the thread...can you give me a nudge and let me know what post no. / page it is on and I'll sort that out!

I've got Daedalus' but is there another? Haven't read the IC thread yet so yell if you need in on a run, sure we can slot you in!

EDIT: Thanks to whoever has been adding details to the 2072 map! (OGDWD?) One question, what's 'shape 3' to the very north of Everett? smile.gif
sabs
I'm still working up my Freedom post, but did you see my Balefire post? smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 3 2012, 03:42 PM) *
I'm still working up my Freedom post, but did you see my Balefire post? smile.gif

Yep, I've taken the liberty of assuming you will turn up to a meet in the sunshine in a park...but I guess you could change your mind...nyahnyah.gif
DaedalusK71
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 3 2012, 07:59 AM) *
I think I've missed a couple of character submissions for linking at the beginning of the thread...can you give me a nudge and let me know what post no. / page it is on and I'll sort that out!

I've got Daedalus' but is there another? Haven't read the IC thread yet so yell if you need in on a run, sure we can slot you in!

EDIT: Thanks to whoever has been adding details to the 2072 map! (OGDWD?) One question, what's 'shape 3' to the very north of Everett? smile.gif

I'm ready whenever someone has an opening smile.gif
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 3 2012, 04:59 AM) *

yeah that is yours truly. Ive just been updating it since the guys in my campaign needed an idea of gang turf, so I thought id eventually complete all the major landmark thingies such as districts (which is what most of those borders are). The shaded area is work in progress and that is the main turf of the 88s triad and a key point of contention between the big three as they all struggle for a piece of the pie (given that Everett's property records were lost in a hit during the 64 crash, its now home to litigation, squatters and the other things that go bump in the night).

Also, Im currently working with Jones on his character and then well have a link for you.
sabs
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 3 2012, 05:26 PM) *
Yep, I've taken the liberty of assuming you will turn up to a meet in the sunshine in a park...but I guess you could change your mind...nyahnyah.gif

Oh, I'll totally show up smile.gif

Just no guarantees who I'll show up as.
Aria
QUOTE (DaedalusK71 @ Jan 3 2012, 06:41 PM) *
I'm ready whenever someone has an opening smile.gif

Well I could work you in to the Chicago part of E:PL (when Applied Cheese and NotsoEvil get back into the swing of things...) or you could join Fractal on the Freedom thread?
DaedalusK71
Let me read up on them and see where I'll fit in. The character I'm playing is a complete neophyte/never done a shadowrun
DaedalusK71
I think I'm good with either actually. Does one group need another character more than the other?
SoyKaf Adict
@Daedalus

Welcome to the game! I'm playing something I haven't tried before, either smile.gif You a Deus Ex fan?
DaedalusK71
I've not played it since the original was released but I did enjoy the game.
@Ears/Soy: Thats about what I had in mind. Keep rping as you are, if you make it past the commotion (KE will show up in about 5 mins if you guys dont get out of there first btw, KE will be very tense as this has been a bad day for them so far), the receptionist will give you an appraising look and then basically ask for a bribe or your SIN. Shes a middle aged human with some sort of dripping pus from her left ear. Doc Bailey is room 403 in the implantation ward, and youll need a pass to get up to that floor with the doors being keycarded. IF you elect to bribe her its going to run you a steep 500.
SoyKaf Adict
@Ears

I was gonna also point out, as OGDWD had said, this is a front for Humanis. They wouldn't hire an Ork if it wasn't of some seriously good reason.

@OGDWD

Roger, roger. The less I have to use my SIN the better. 500 nuyen it is.

@Daedalus

Haven't met anyone that used the name that hadn't played the original smile.gif Kinda figured, hahaha.
just one thing, this isnt a front for humanis its a front (rumored anyways for Human Nation) and yes they would if they want malpractice to fall on the heads of scum metas biggrin.gif
Ears
Oops, had completely overlooked that 'a front for...' part. I blame my first GM who used "shocking revelations" so much that I learned to ignore them and just assume every NPC organisation is EVIL, don't bother with the details; well except for the mob perhaps - they're just evil.
Aria
Ok all, apologies for the slow start last week, should be able to speed things up now and hopefully you are all raring to go too?!? Fortune’s Forecast is going well, let’s get the others back online!

Thread roll call (as far as I can tell, shout if there’s anyone I’ve missed!)

Fortune’s Forecast
  • GM: OGDWD
  • Gortrek: Wildcard
  • Soykaf Addict: Saint
  • Ears: Flyboy

Emerging: Promised Land 1 of 2
  • GM: Aria
  • NotsoevilDM: Copperhead
  • Applied Cheese: Dealer
  • Trigger: Ælias

Emerging: Promised Land 2 of 2
  • JxJxA: Gemeaux
  • OGDWD: Mr Hill

Fre∑dom
  • Sabs: Fractal
  • Daedalus(?!?): Erebos

Balefire
  • GM: Applied Cheese?!? I’ll continue plugging this until you can take over?
  • Aria: Silk et al.

Daedalus, I’m not sure which thread to put you in yet until we hear from AP or NSEDM…Sabs is still around so do you want me to link you in with the Fre∑dom stuff?

If anyone can’t continue with a thread for whatever reason can you let us know? If it’s just that you aren’t enjoying the thread please let us know and we can either start something more up your street or tweak what’s currently going – this whole thread works best if everyone is enjoying it!!!

As an aside, are any of you interested in a thread of a slightly different nature? I am running the Emerging:End of Days thread where the players (at the moment Sabs and JxJxA) are military types going up against the Azzies in a post-apocalyptic version of Seattle (inside a UV node combat simulator). It’s a chance to have some high octane action with big guns, big magic and EVIL nasties!

@Aria: I have to post a reply to Jx in a bit here but after that I believe were waiting on you for the london intro; I can do it if you are hard pressed for time as I know most of the london fluff but still would like to see it through your eyes as a gm.
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jan 9 2012, 06:18 PM) *
@Aria: I have to post a reply to Jx in a bit here but after that I believe were waiting on you for the london intro; I can do it if you are hard pressed for time as I know most of the london fluff but still would like to see it through your eyes as a gm.

If you can answer Gemeaux then I will take you through the landing, and the car journey to the church...some OoC plotting on your part would help me to plan the next stage of this little jaunt though smile.gif

-How do you want to travel on once you reach the church?
-Are you taking any specific precautions?

Any questions about what's going on please ask, will help to refresh all our memories biggrin.gif
DaedalusK71
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 9 2012, 07:47 AM) *
Fre∑dom
  • Daedalus(?!?): Erebos

Daedalus, I’m not sure which thread to put you in yet until we hear from AP or NSEDM…Sabs is still around so do you want me to link you in with the Fre∑dom stuff?

Sounds good to me Aria.
sabs
That means I probably need to actually post that one smile.gif
SoyKaf Adict
@OGDWD

As an aside, I think we're waiting on ol' ear-ooze to accept the dinero so we can move on our merry. At least, it seems like to me, anyway. Hahaha, maybe she's deaf XD
Aria
@ freΣdom / Erebos

Hope that’s not too contrived for you? I can tweak it if you can think of a better ‘in’ to the goings on…?!?

@E:PL / Gemeaux and Mr Hill

Here’s the last post I made on the subject…I intend to skip ahead to arriving at the church some time tomorrow but having some idea of your next steps will enable me to tailor the next bit better.
[ Spoiler ]

JxJxA
@ Aria:

If Gemeaux does not have to be physically visible to serve in the bodyguard capacity, I'll be slinking a bit behind in his chameleon suit and using the sniper rifle. If he needs to be visible, he'll be sporting the assault rifle. If he's gotta put himself out there, might as well do it with pizzazz.
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 11 2012, 03:08 AM) *
@ Aria:

If Gemeaux does not have to be physically visible to serve in the bodyguard capacity, I'll be slinking a bit behind in his chameleon suit and using the sniper rifle. If he needs to be visible, he'll be sporting the assault rifle. If he's gotta put himself out there, might as well do it with pizzazz.

The choice is down to you and Mr Hill...just bear in mind this is the UK and firearms are severly restricted...

So, how are you guys going to get down to the West Country?!? I'll offer some suggestions if you come up blank but I don't want to spoil your creative thinking biggrin.gif
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 11 2012, 06:00 PM) *
The choice is down to you and Mr Hill...just bear in mind this is the UK and firearms are severly restricted...

So, how are you guys going to get down to the West Country?!? I'll offer some suggestions if you come up blank but I don't want to spoil your creative thinking biggrin.gif

Then chameleon stuff it is. I didn't buy licenses since I figured I'd be running from any authorities I'd meet...and it'd be hard to explain why I need an assault rifle tricked out to make burst fire as accurate an option as possible. "Why, I need it for hunting rabbits...were-rabbits the size of elephants with teeth as sharp as...as sharp as magical katanas...yeah, that's the ticket..."
pbangarth
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 11 2012, 07:06 AM) *
Then chameleon stuff it is. I didn't buy licenses since I figured I'd be running from any authorities I'd meet...and it'd be hard to explain why I need an assault rifle tricked out to make burst fire as accurate an option as possible. "Why, I need it for hunting rabbits...were-rabbits the size of elephants with teeth as sharp as...as sharp as magical katanas...yeah, that's the ticket..."

Were you in the Republic of Quebec, you could argue you are looking for vorpal beavers.
sabs
Actually in Quebec, if you speak french, they might not even ask why you have an assault rifle wink.gif
sorry classes have started so im behind hand. I figured that we'd be using vatican transport under the auspices of either the Lord Protector or the NDM (given that almost exactly this time if you have corp conspiracies its the 1 year anniv of the pendragon) or the remmnants thereof. Either that or vatican transport to roslynn, not the chapel itself but close by that area. Then across down towards the west (yes its a triangle but tbh that seems more of an enabler that would explain my ability to not give a sample etc.
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jan 12 2012, 03:06 AM) *
sorry classes have started so im behind hand. I figured that we'd be using vatican transport under the auspices of either the Lord Protector or the NDM (given that almost exactly this time if you have corp conspiracies its the 1 year anniv of the pendragon) or the remmnants thereof. Either that or vatican transport to roslynn, not the chapel itself but close by that area. Then across down towards the west (yes its a triangle but tbh that seems more of an enabler that would explain my ability to not give a sample etc.

@ Aria & OGDWD: I'm just along for the ride so far, so that sounds fine to me. If we're traveling with diplomatic status, I'll arm and gird appropriately. I'd prefer to use my chameleoned gear, especially the sniper rifle because it's kind of my shtick. smile.gif However, if I should don a big coat and walk around looking dangerous like the dude from Deus Ex Human Revolutions, I'll do that instead.
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Jan 11 2012, 07:06 PM) *
I figured that we'd be using vatican transport under the auspices of either the Lord Protector or the NDM (given that almost exactly this time if you have corp conspiracies its the 1 year anniv of the pendragon) or the remmnants thereof. Either that or vatican transport to roslynn, not the chapel itself but close by that area. Then across down towards the west (yes its a triangle but tbh that seems more of an enabler that would explain my ability to not give a sample etc.

Well I may be reading the situation slightly differently but us Brits are notoriously anti-Papist (all that history...) and a pagan organisation like the New Druidic Movement wouldn't be directly involved with Catholic affairs?!? And I may be out on my timelines but hasn't the Lord Protector done a bunk?

That being said you have the clout to get Vatican support on this (and effective diplomatic status while with them) but it probably isn't a good idea to go all the way to target this way so you'll need to make other arrangements from Rosslyn...er hang on a sec, do you mean the chapel in Scotland??? That's a bloody big triangle!!!
DaedalusK71
My apologies for the slow... crappy post. Classes just started where I work (A college) and things are a bit crazy.
mister__joshua
Hey. I'm in a position to start playing again and this game seems really interesting. Can I just jump in any time?
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 12 2012, 05:09 AM) *
Well I may be reading the situation slightly differently but us Brits are notoriously anti-Papist (all that history...) and a pagan organisation like the New Druidic Movement wouldn't be directly involved with Catholic affairs?!? And I may be out on my timelines but hasn't the Lord Protector done a bunk?

That being said you have the clout to get Vatican support on this (and effective diplomatic status while with them) but it probably isn't a good idea to go all the way to target this way so you'll need to make other arrangements from Rosslyn...er hang on a sec, do you mean the chapel in Scotland??? That's a bloody big triangle!!!

Hehe sry been afk but yes I meant the NDM, remember im officially part of the new Jesuits... that whole oath of blending with and even becoming the enemy as part of the goal of furthering the efforts of the church militant. I was indeed meaning the chapel in Scotland, the triangle is to throw ppl off the track, basically vatican to the area around rosslyn, where of course a small diplomatic mission may get lost amongst so many men of the cloth, followed by a trip down to the notoriously less papist west country, across the fun old toxic stews with a small group with ties to the NDM (who will of course be infiltrated). While the Lord Protector has indeed been knocked off the NDM still has done great damage control and is much more popular than the conservatives at this point in SR timeline. Its diabolical I know but I figured that would give us flavor biggrin.gif.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 14 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Hey. I'm in a position to start playing again and this game seems really interesting. Can I just jump in any time?

Mr J!!!

Welcome back! Of course you can jump right in, stick a character up and we'll work you in. Emerging:Promissed Land has scope for more players yet (or replacement ones if we don't hear back from those already on the thread nyahnyah.gif)

Feel free to take a look at my Emerging:End of Days thread again too biggrin.gif I'm recruiting for that as there's been a player drop off around Christams...
mister__joshua
Cool. I'll try and work on a character today. What stories are currently running? (a quick one line description will do)
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 9 2012, 01:47 PM) *
Fortune’s Forecast
  • GM: OGDWD
  • Gortrek: Wildcard
  • Soykaf Addict: Saint
  • Ears: Flyboy

Emerging: Promised Land 1 of 2
  • NotsoevilDM: Copperhead
  • Applied Cheese: Dealer
  • Trigger: Ælias

Emerging: Promised Land 2 of 2
  • JxJxA: Gemeaux
  • OGDWD: Mr Hill

Fre∑dom
  • Daedalus: Erebos

Balefire
  • GM: Applied Cheese/Aria?
  • Aria: Silk et al.

OGDWD can fill you in on Fortune's Forecast (once stuff quiets down) as I'm not precisely sure what is going on there...it's slightly lower powered than the others (?!?) and seems to involve people on the edge of the shadows. Lots of gambling, organised crime figures and street walkers...

E:PL is about two teams on separate but linked missions to bring fugitive TMs in from the cold. One lot are trying to get to Seattle from Chicago, the other lot from France to deepest darkest West Country in the UK. These seem to have hit a stumbling block as I haven't heard from group 1 players and group 2 have slowed up but are still around.

Fre∑dom has similar themes, a hacker group in Touristville was attacked (more or less wiped out) by corp forces and some were taken away. Players have been hired to find out who/where/why.

Balefire is an experiment with me running 4 PCs...but its sort of turned into me GMing for Sabs as he's the hacker PC. Hopefully Applied Cheese will be back soon.

The Citadel is a mini side line about a computer game world that is more or less anything you want it to be...it was intended as a filler for anyone not on a run but only Trigger took me up on it.

Think that's it at the moment smile.gif

...all this GMing makes me want to be a player nyahnyah.gif
JxJxA
LOL, still waiting for Anselm to give Gemeaux (AKA the guy currently holding an assault rifle loaded with EX-explosive shells) an answer to his question. nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 17 2012, 01:33 PM) *
LOL, still waiting for Anselm to give Gemeaux (AKA the guy currently holding an assault rifle loaded with EX-explosive shells) an answer to his question. nyahnyah.gif

I guess OGDWD is a bit swamped at the moment...I'll work something out before the end of the week if we don't hear from him, just to move the story along!
indeed today is my first day off from both work and classes! :D So post up in a few minutes for both campaigns.

@Joshua: Aria basically has the crux of Fortune's; its exploring those people who really are close to down and out or on the way down and how they get into the shadows. Basically most of these characters haven't yet had their "big event" yet to make them into the shadowrunners we know and love. Quite a few have had very bad experiences along the way and that happens to be the push that sends them over the cliff but its being emphasized that barring extreme circumnstances its still (meta)human nature to try and pull yourself back up.

That said, its full 400bp builds but played in a low-powered way. You can and will run into the same figures that anyone else will and I dont generally pull punches with encounters etc (because it helps bring the world to life when you see evidence of the bigger fish out there) and is very heavy on rp of trying to LIVE in the dregs of society.

@Aria: did that explanation of my plan sound legit to you (the triangle explanation)?
mister__joshua
That's cool. I may enter a character for each game if that's ok?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012