Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Machine Ghost
@Emerging, Tribes

Ah!, LeFey upgraded the commlink somewhere recently.  It *was* a Meta Link, but is now a Transys Avalon.  Signal 4 instead of signal 2.  No need for the wireless adapter(3) anymore.

@Aria,
If you 'approve' the configuration for the trace, make sure not to jump time forward too fast, where they would be driving up as LeFey is getting into the van.  We should have plenty of warning.  If you want, Sprogget may need to thread an edit complex form to maintain the map.  Keep things like this up, and he might have to turn control of the cycle over to the dog brain, and focus on just the data side, until ready to leave, and can drop the CFs.

@RdMarquis, at least with Tagget there, you can't glitch on the rolls smile.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Dec 22 2012, 07:04 PM) *
@Emerging, Tribes

Ah!, LeFey upgraded the commlink somewhere recently.  It *was* a Meta Link, but is now a Transys Avalon.  Signal 4 instead of signal 2.  No need for the wireless adapter(3) anymore.

@RdMarquis, at least with Tagget there, you can't glitch on the rolls smile.gif

Actually, the Avalon is her normal, "legal" commlink. I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to use the Meta Link to call her parents if she sent the info on it to the tribe.

Also, heck with it. If I'm going to lose half my Stun boxes, I'm going to get something out of it. If it's okay, I'm going to spend Edge on that Compile test and reroll the dice that didn't get hits.

That's 6d6.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3835289/

One task. Better than nothing, I guess. More if I take a shot at Registering.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Dec 23 2012, 03:04 AM) *
@Aria,
If you 'approve' the configuration for the trace, make sure not to jump time forward too fast, where they would be driving up as LeFey is getting into the van.  We should have plenty of warning.  If you want, Sprogget may need to thread an edit complex form to maintain the map.  Keep things like this up, and he might have to turn control of the cycle over to the dog brain, and focus on just the data side, until ready to leave, and can drop the CFs.

Yeah, I'm not that mean (most of the time ork.gif), they are about half an hour or so away in current travel conditions. If things start to look tight you could abort and sneak LeFey out once they are safely tucked in bed?!? What could possibly go wrong then...? ork.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 24 2012, 02:17 AM) *
Yeah, I'm not that mean (most of the time ork.gif), they are about half an hour or so away in current travel conditions. If things start to look tight you could abort and sneak LeFey out once they are safely tucked in bed?!? What could possibly go wrong then...? ork.gif
Go wrong? Oh maybe getting noticed by KE (or a concerned citizen) for loitering around so long? Or the disruption from the virus settles down so they start noticing other things? Nothing important smile.gif

As far as 'mean', I have found it best to point out things explicitly considered and planned for. I've gotten 'surprised' by 'obvious' things because I did not mention I was watching for them.

From the wording of the IC post, they are driving their own car. Would you allow using the user trace to 'jump' to the commlink? Maybe if Morgan has access to mom's commlink, use that to hack the car, and simulate a glitch / failure to delay them. Something to make them pull over for half an hour to get things to reset. Even better if she has access to the node in the car. Just route through mom's commlink to the car. Worst case would seem to be hack mom's comm, from there, hack the car. Both on the fly, given the timeframe.

Speaking of 'obvious', I have been marking the commlink as passive mode. That actual intent was to be 'legal', so that would switch to active where required by the local zoning. I'm not sure where that would be in our current travels. High security business areas I expect, but don't know about residential. I *do* expect that those areas would be posted though, so you would not normally walk/drive in unaware of the local requirements.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Dec 24 2012, 07:53 PM) *
Go wrong? Oh maybe getting noticed by KE (or a concerned citizen) for loitering around so long? Or the disruption from the virus settles down so they start noticing other things? Nothing important smile.gif

As far as 'mean', I have found it best to point out things explicitly considered and planned for. I've gotten 'surprised' by 'obvious' things because I did not mention I was watching for them.

From the wording of the IC post, they are driving their own car. Would you allow using the user trace to 'jump' to the commlink? Maybe if Morgan has access to mom's commlink, use that to hack the car, and simulate a glitch / failure to delay them. Something to make them pull over for half an hour to get things to reset. Even better if she has access to the node in the car. Just route through mom's commlink to the car. Worst case would seem to be hack mom's comm, from there, hack the car. Both on the fly, given the timeframe.

Speaking of 'obvious', I have been marking the commlink as passive mode. That actual intent was to be 'legal', so that would switch to active where required by the local zoning. I'm not sure where that would be in our current travels. High security business areas I expect, but don't know about residential. I *do* expect that those areas would be posted though, so you would not normally walk/drive in unaware of the local requirements.

You probably need to be active com wise in Bellevue, particularly a nice area like this where you don't need to hide from spam!

James is their driver (and possibly inferred a rigger)! Without checking LeFey's sheet I can't recall if her parents are named?!? That might make hacking the car awkward or even impossible? Life ain't easy nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 24 2012, 03:28 PM) *
You probably need to be active com wise in Bellevue, particularly a nice area like this where you don't need to hide from spam!

James is their driver (and possibly inferred a rigger)! Without checking LeFey's sheet I can't recall if her parents are named?!? That might make hacking the car awkward or even impossible? Life ain't easy nyahnyah.gif

They're Richard and Catherine.
Machine Ghost
@Emerging: Tribes
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 24 2012, 04:28 PM) *

Professional driver does make it difficult, especially if rigging. Well I *think* we are ready. Actions needed: Verify the decoy tags match any security tags. Alpha to pwn the CHN to manage sensors, and monitor physical staff locations while LeFey makes it out the door. Possibly also provide distraction to keep the staff out of LeFey's way. Activate the decoys at the same time as the jammer (after far enough from the decoys not to jam them too: anything over 5 meters; LeFey 'protected' from the jamming by sprite(s) or ECCM CF). Would not want to jam the CHN in the process either. LeFey to the van and remove any security tags. I think want to get rid of the tags soonest, and turn off the jammer, cause the jammer is also likely to block other peoples commlinks, and the van itself (everything rating 3 or less within 5 meters). Would make an 'interesting' target for KE, if expecting mode to be active here. Alpha to do matrix cleanup, so sensors and CHN show she has not left her room (same time as tag removal). Pick up Alpha, and bug out quietly.

Other Opinions?
RdMarquis
Just in case Mordred needs an initiative roll.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3837642/

11 total.

By the way, Merry Christmas. smile.gif
JxJxA
Woo-boy, that's another fine mess we've gotten those poor technomancers into! Should I start rolling? nyahnyah.gif
Fairy
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Dec 26 2012, 07:12 PM) *
Woo-boy, that's another fine mess we've gotten those poor technomancers into! Should I start rolling? nyahnyah.gif

I don't even know if I should, too. nyahnyah.gif
Notsoevildm
@Aria/Chi Town

Taking a shot at the ghoul:
Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + Smartlink 2 + Aiming 1 - Extreme 6 = 4d6.hits(5)=2, base damage 7P, -1AP
Should at least keep his head down!

Perception test for sneaking ghouls / way past lead ghoul:
Int 3 + Per 1 + Vision enh. 3 + Actively looking 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=3
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Posting will remain light to non-existant until the new year. Quick recap of where people are:

Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Has just been abandoned by Aria in the old mail drop node. Aria has upgraded both Gossamer's and the node's firewall ratings to 5 and added a rating 3 reality filter to the node. If Gossamer was worried about the price of the firewall update (earplugs), she should be crapping her virtual pants now! Aria to post.

Uller - moved to Barrens. Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place.

Cipher - in a remote spot in a car park recovering from >1rtu@l5cr3@m attack. Currently on 8S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 5S). Analyzing the sprite, shows a second presence merged with the sprite. There is a lot of data in there as well as some active program components. ALso, while the sprite is still bound to Cipher, it is not fully under his control anymore. Results of matrix browse in post - if you have ever searched for any problem on the web, you will know the kind of garbage you get today never mind in 2072. Let me know if he plans to follow up on any of the sites claiming to be able to remove the virus.

Dubstep - Heading to the club. Was thinking of making the gig at the Anathma, to link Dubstep up with Kat. Is that okay?

Alex Bianchi - at Harvey Dennis workshop, handing over his commlink and access codes.

Dante - chatting up Grandma Fuk. I need to reply to his proposition.

Cat - has just completed her first run in the Looking Glass and is heading to Anathma. I will post something in next day or so.
RdMarquis
Just remembered. There was one other thing Morgan had to do before things kicked off.

I'm going to buy 2 hits on Compiling to summon a Rating 1 Data sprite.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3844322/

Figures that it'd get a hit. But all I need is 1 task.

Then I'm buying 2 hits to resist the subsequent Fading. That should get her out of this without any damage.

The sprite's task is to bring the message to Mordred, while using Stenography to prevent anyone from finding it.
Aria
Happy New Year all!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Dec 30 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Just remembered. There was one other thing Morgan had to do before things kicked off.

I'm going to buy 2 hits on Compiling to summon a Rating 1 Data sprite.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3844322/

Figures that it'd get a hit. But all I need is 1 task.

Then I'm buying 2 hits to resist the subsequent Fading. That should get her out of this without any damage.

The sprite's task is to bring the message to Mordred, while using Stenography to prevent anyone from finding it.
Just noticed what you were trying to do with that rating 1 Data Sprite. In RAW SR4A243, that will not work as described. A file concealed by Steganography can not be recovered, even by the sprite that hide it, without a Matrix Perception(4) Test. Given your intended usage, I think simply telling the sprite to deliver a verbal message is what you want. That way there is no 'file' to be intercepted enroute. It is just in the 'memory' of the sprite.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 31 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Happy New Year all!
Since I am still trying to get a character together for Sprogget's sister, and the current incarnation is a Mystic Adept, Goddess Wicca tradition...

Happy Hogmanay

Sis is being temperamental, and does not seem to want to fit together.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Dec 31 2012, 10:38 PM) *
Just noticed what you were trying to do with that rating 1 Data Sprite. In RAW SR4A243, that will not work as described. A file concealed by Steganography can not be recovered, even by the sprite that hide it, without a Matrix Perception(4) Test. Given your intended usage, I think simply telling the sprite to deliver a verbal message is what you want. That way there is no 'file' to be intercepted enroute. It is just in the 'memory' of the sprite.

Wow, I totally misread that. At least I got a Fading free messenger. Probably should look over the rules again before I try what I have planned next.

And Happy New Year, everyone.
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Dec 27 2012, 01:12 AM) *

Perceptions tests, intiative etc from all please. I've taken a bit of liberty with actions so that you aren't split up when the sh*t really hits the fan...no fun for the other two to watch you do lots of combat on your own ork.gif

You can all be at the pump house door at the same time...what you do from there...?

You also have about a minute of prep time via comms...
RdMarquis
Intuition (3) + Perception (1) + Enhancement (3) = 7d6.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3848491/

No hits on Perception. But it's not a glitch.

Logic (5) + Infiltration (4) + Improved Ability (2) = 11d6.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3848492/

4 hits on Infiltration.
ChromeZephyr
Working on a post for Alex now.
Fairy
Tsubaki's Perception Test. 8d6.hits(5)=4 Looking for anything worth noticing. Then, a normal peek into astral space. No assense test.
JxJxA
Init: 15/ 3 IP
React(8) + Int(3) = 11d6 for 4 hits.

Perc:
Int(3) + Perc(3) + Vis Enh(2) = 8d6 for 2 hits.
RdMarquis
Unless you want me to make a new Initiative test, Mordred has 11, with 3 passes.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 4 2013, 05:01 AM) *
Unless you want me to make a new Initiative test, Mordred has 11, with 3 passes.

No, that's fine smile.gif

Will try and get some IC up before the weekend but no promisses as I have meetings all day nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Dec 28 2012, 10:43 AM) *
@Aria/Chi Town

Taking a shot at the ghoul:
Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + Smartlink 2 + Aiming 1 - Extreme 6 = 4d6.hits(5)=2, base damage 7P, -1AP
Should at least keep his head down!

Perception test for sneaking ghouls / way past lead ghoul:
Int 3 + Per 1 + Vision enh. 3 + Actively looking 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=3

Sorry, extreme range on a shotgun is 150m…this is more like 300! I did say a couple of blocks. I suspect Snake is hissing at you about relying on tech rather than her power!

And you should be aware that there are only a few groups large enough (and nasty enough!) to have a supply of vehicles in the CZ...yes, they do seem to be heading your way, and those rifle shots aren't going to help you hide!
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Posting should pick up now that I am back to work. Quick recap of where people are:

Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Has just been abandoned by Aria in the old mail drop node. Aria has upgraded both Gossamer's and the node's firewall ratings to 5 and added a rating 3 reality filter to the node. If Gossamer was worried about the price of the firewall update (earplugs), she should be crapping her virtual pants now! Aria to post.

Uller - moved to Barrens. Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place.

Cipher - in a remote spot in a car park recovering from >1rtu@l5cr3@m attack. Currently on 8S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 5S). Analyzing the sprite, shows a second presence merged with the sprite. There is a lot of data in there as well as some active program components. Also, while the sprite is still bound to Cipher, it is not fully under his control anymore. Results of matrix browse in post - if you have ever searched for any problem on the web, you will know the kind of garbage you get today never mind in 2072. Let me know if he plans to follow up on any of the sites claiming to be able to remove the virus.

Dubstep, Kat - At the Anathma. Post your arrival, initial actions.

Alex Bianchi - at Harvey Dennis workshop, handing over his commlink and access codes. GM to post.

Dante - With Betty in the noodle house. A freebie from Grandma Fuk, but nothing is free in SR. Apologies for the delay in replying.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 4 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Sorry, extreme range on a shotgun is 150m…this is more like 300! I did say a couple of blocks. I suspect Snake is hissing at you about relying on tech rather than her power!

And you should be aware that there are only a few groups large enough (and nasty enough!) to have a supply of vehicles in the CZ...yes, they do seem to be heading your way, and those rifle shots aren't going to help you hide!
Couple of questions:

Does Copperhead know which groups have vehicles? Even a line or two from initial briefing from Argent? Do they sound more Mad Max (like the initial run in with the gangers) or corp (the guys chasing them)?
Perception test: Int 3 + Per 1 + Audio enh. 3 + actively listening 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=4

Assuming that the ghoul is to north and the vehicles to the south, can she see any cover to the east or west?
Perception test: Int 3 + Per 1 + video enh. 3 + actively listening 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=5

Finally, is the astral still polluted here?
I am assuming her magic will stay at 3 until she gets out of the zone and has time to reflect on her experiences so her magic is a feeble 2 with a BG count of 1. While she could lob a stunbolt at the ghoul, even overcasting at F4, she only rolls 4 dice to hit. I don't particularly like those odds.
karhig
@VirtualScream
Seems Christmas wasn't as quiet as I thought, and New Year was busy too. Apologies for falling off the posting bandwagon, but I'm back on it now and shall try not slip again smile.gif

Coning the doorman of Anathma to let Cat in 7 (Cha) + 4 (Skill) + 3 (Glamour) + 1 (Vocal Range enhancer) + 1 (First Impression) (16d6.hits(5)=7)
Etiquette roll for getting in the club, if Frank didn't get Cat on the list in time. I don't have my sheet with me, but I think I got the DP right (greped the chummer data files on my mac).

Let me know if I can take more liberties with my interactions with the NPCs, I don't really like to assume I can just talk all over them.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (karhig @ Jan 7 2013, 03:08 AM) *
@VirtualScream
Seems Christmas wasn't as quiet as I thought, and New Year was busy too. Apologies for falling off the posting bandwagon, but I'm back on it now and shall try not slip again smile.gif

Coning the doorman of Anathma to let Cat in 7 (Cha) + 4 (Skill) + 3 (Glamour) + 1 (Vocal Range enhancer) + 1 (First Impression) (16d6.hits(5)=7)
Etiquette roll for getting in the club, if Frank didn't get Cat on the list in time. I don't have my sheet with me, but I think I got the DP right (greped the chummer data files on my mac).

Let me know if I can take more liberties with my interactions with the NPCs, I don't really like to assume I can just talk all over them.
Probably should not get the First Impression bonus, since the IC said he was a 'regular' doorman. He already knows you. Which could be good or bad in his response.
karhig
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 7 2013, 01:23 PM) *
Probably should not get the First Impression bonus, since the IC said he was a 'regular' doorman. He already knows you. Which could be good or bad in his response.

I think you're probably right, but I forgot her Trustworthy quality for the Influence skill group, so I guess it balances out.
mister__joshua
Hi! I'm back after a lovely Christmas break. Hope everyone had a good time. Seems the game has moved on a bit. I'll endeavour to catch up over the next day or so

Cheers smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 6 2013, 09:02 PM) *
Couple of questions:

Does Copperhead know which groups have vehicles? Even a line or two from initial briefing from Argent? Do they sound more Mad Max (like the initial run in with the gangers) or corp (the guys chasing them)?
Perception test: Int 3 + Per 1 + Audio enh. 3 + actively listening 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=4

Assuming that the ghoul is to north and the vehicles to the south, can she see any cover to the east or west?
Perception test: Int 3 + Per 1 + video enh. 3 + actively listening 3 = 10d6.hits(5)=5

Finally, is the astral still polluted here?
I am assuming her magic will stay at 3 until she gets out of the zone and has time to reflect on her experiences so her magic is a feeble 2 with a BG count of 1. While she could lob a stunbolt at the ghoul, even overcasting at F4, she only rolls 4 dice to hit. I don't particularly like those odds.

Much more 'Mad Max!' The bigger gangs will have vehicles (and the gangs can be Big in the CZ). Likely candidates might be the Horde to the north of you and the Union to the north east...the sounds are coming from the direction you are heading (more or less) rather than chasing you from behind. I think it was Union gangers you ran into before (we have to recheck my notes...)

The ghoul is to the north of your current location, he was moving fast to get ahead of you!

I'll update the 2072 Chi Town map with your approximate location, you should find cover in various abandoned buildings around you.

As to back ground count, yes it's still 1...but I'm happy for you to have an epiphany and raise your magic by 1 as Snake kicks you again for resorting to tech wink.gif
Aria
@E:Tribes: I confess that I haven’t reread the IC posts but I hope you aren’t waiting for me? Feel free to give me a kick if you are. Now that the Christmas lull is over it’s time to see if the sh*t really is going to hit the fan when LeFey’s parents make it home (or not, depending what you lot do…) ork.gif
ChromeZephyr
@Aria: I haven't seen a post for Alpha or Tweak in a while, so I haven't a clue what's going on. I don't even know if we're in Bellevue yet or not.
RdMarquis
Ooh, boy. I wonder if these will even make a dent?

Semi-Automatics (6) + Logic (5) + Smartgun (2) = 13d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3855841/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3855843/

3 hits on the first burst, 5 hits on the second (I accidentally rolled 2 extra dice). With EX Explosive Rounds, that's 9P and 11P, both with -2 AP.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 7 2013, 10:34 AM) *
@E:Tribes: I confess that I haven’t reread the IC posts but I hope you aren’t waiting for me? Feel free to give me a kick if you are. Now that the Christmas lull is over it’s time to see if the sh*t really is going to hit the fan when LeFey’s parents make it home (or not, depending what you lot do…) ork.gif
Last Few tribes IC posts:Have not heard from the others tribers recently. Should be all ready for Alpha to pwn the chn, then jam wireless, exit house, pick up LeFey with the van, remove security tags, and let Alpha cleanup chn tracks. So Alpha (at coffee shop?) and Tweak with the van need to chip in here. Glyph has been on site the longest, and could coordinate.

My hope is that Morgan can be in bed, or at least in her room with 'do not disturb' posted, so no one will notice her gone until morning. That is part of what the decoy's are for, plus whatever Alpha does with the chn.

If you want to chime in, one of the potentially interesting details, is how much was found and cleaned up, especially stealth and security tags.

tag related posts
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jan 7 2013, 07:36 PM) *
@Aria: I haven't seen a post for Alpha or Tweak in a while, so I haven't a clue what's going on. I don't even know if we're in Bellevue yet or not.

I intended this post to cover you all more or less arriving where you want to be in preparation for the extraction:

QUOTE (Aria @ Dec 20 2012, 05:32 PM) *
@E:Tribes / Travellers
[September 1, 2072 21:12 Heading north to Bellevue]

You haven’t made particularly good time because of the hellish traffic but at least you are all converging on LeFey now and you’ll shortly be in visual range of your various final jumping off points. Your vehicles are a little more battered that when you started but it’s only cosmetic damage to go along with slightly raised stress levels. This area of Bellevue is extremely quiet, away from the hubbub of main commuter routes and bustling wage slaves. Thankfully though it seems that KE have more than got its hands full and if you play this right there should be nobody around to see you snatch LeFey from her corporate security blanket.

@E:Tribes / LeFey
[September 1, 2072 21:12 Senlis Residence, Bellevue]

Everything is as done as it can be, you’ve made the preparations suggested by these strangers coming to whisk you away…it sounded like they knew what they were talking about, nearly time see if they really do! A message breaks through your reverie

<<@LeFey [Mordred]: Sorry sis, I don’t know what you wanted me to stall dearest Mum and Dad for but I’m afraid I blew it. It was always a bit of a long shot but they pissed me off…anyway, they are on their way home now. Don’t know how long they’ll be with all the crap going on in Seattle today but there you go…again, sorry, hope you manage whatever it is you are up to! Call me!>>

Crap, your window of opportunity just changed! …

Machine Ghost has done a nice little summary above. Will respond to the points raised there asap but have to go to yet another meeting now so will get to it this afternoon!
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 8 2013, 08:10 AM) *
Ooh, boy. I wonder if these will even make a dent?

Semi-Automatics (6) + Logic (5) + Smartgun (2) = 13d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3855841/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3855843/

3 hits on the first burst, 5 hits on the second (I accidentally rolled 2 extra dice). With EX Explosive Rounds, that's 9P and 11P, both with -2 AP.

Just before I write this up IC can you confirm how close you are letting them get before firing? I don't see any range mods but I assume you don't want to wait to rabbit when they are 5m away? They will scuff the surface of the armour anyway...sadly that armour is 12! I did say tank! So it's a bit moot, but let me know

Are you sure you want to split up? ork.gif
Fairy
*Raises hand.* Before I post anything, I have a question. How would you like me to handle spirit summoning? Do I write about what I want the spirit to do, or do you take care of that for me? I am planning on Tsubaki summoning a Beast spirit... And possibly a Watcher spirit, too. Do you need stats or anything?
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 8 2013, 04:55 AM) *
Just before I write this up IC can you confirm how close you are letting them get before firing? I don't see any range mods but I assume you don't want to wait to rabbit when they are 5m away? They will scuff the surface of the armour anyway...sadly that armour is 12! I did say tank! So it's a bit moot, but let me know

Are you sure you want to split up? ork.gif

Even with the AP? And I forgot about range. Let's say I took an action to use Vision Magnification and zoom in. Drop the first burst, if it matters.

Do we have time to catch up to the others before they bring whatever horrible weapons they have to bear? I was thinking that'd be too difficult. Otherwise, I'd have tried an unarmed attack. That might beat 12 armor, if barely.
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Jan 8 2013, 03:24 PM) *
*Raises hand.* Before I post anything, I have a question. How would you like me to handle spirit summoning? Do I write about what I want the spirit to do, or do you take care of that for me? I am planning on Tsubaki summoning a Beast spirit... And possibly a Watcher spirit, too. Do you need stats or anything?

Your spirit so you roll and tell me what you are requesting it to do...you can then describe its actions etc too. The only time I might step in is if you tell it to do something seriously against its own interests.

QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 8 2013, 04:58 PM) *
Even with the AP? And I forgot about range. Let's say I took an action to use Vision Magnification and zoom in. Drop the first burst, if it matters.

Do we have time to catch up to the others before they bring whatever horrible weapons they have to bear? I was thinking that'd be too difficult. Otherwise, I'd have tried an unarmed attack. That might beat 12 armor, if barely.

You ignore the BF modifiers when calculating whether a round penetrates vehicle armour (I believe, someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!). Otherwise you are currently all together in/around the pump room door! There are trees around but it's hardly a big wood for hiding in, it's mostly low lying heather around here... nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 8 2013, 08:58 AM) *
Last Few tribes IC posts:Have not heard from the others tribers recently. Should be all ready for Alpha to pwn the chn, then jam wireless, exit house, pick up LeFey with the van, remove security tags, and let Alpha cleanup chn tracks. So Alpha (at coffee shop?) and Tweak with the van need to chip in here. Glyph has been on site the longest, and could coordinate.

My hope is that Morgan can be in bed, or at least in her room with 'do not disturb' posted, so no one will notice her gone until morning. That is part of what the decoy's are for, plus whatever Alpha does with the chn.

If you want to chime in, one of the potentially interesting details, is how much was found and cleaned up, especially stealth and security tags.

tag related posts

Ok, I’ve given you an IC for LeFey and the tags. The encryption was fairly straight forward so I didn’t ask for a roll…she’s obviously not that important biggrin.gif …so you are all around and able to act before the ‘rents make it home in the next 20mins or so or leave it until they are safely tucked up in bed…

And for reference here’s MG’s plan so far:
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Dec 25 2012, 06:22 AM) *
@Emerging: Tribes
Professional driver does make it difficult, especially if rigging. Well I *think* we are ready. Actions needed: Verify the decoy tags match any security tags. Alpha to pwn the CHN to manage sensors, and monitor physical staff locations while LeFey makes it out the door. Possibly also provide distraction to keep the staff out of LeFey's way. Activate the decoys at the same time as the jammer (after far enough from the decoys not to jam them too: anything over 5 meters; LeFey 'protected' from the jamming by sprite(s) or ECCM CF). Would not want to jam the CHN in the process either. LeFey to the van and remove any security tags. I think want to get rid of the tags soonest, and turn off the jammer, cause the jammer is also likely to block other peoples commlinks, and the van itself (everything rating 3 or less within 5 meters). Would make an 'interesting' target for KE, if expecting mode to be active here. Alpha to do matrix cleanup, so sensors and CHN show she has not left her room (same time as tag removal). Pick up Alpha, and bug out quietly.

Other Opinions?

Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 6 2013, 02:48 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/All

Dubstep, Kat - At the Anathma. Post your arrival, initial actions.

Sorry for the lack of posts from me. Tell me what if any rolls you want for the actions I posted IC. Basically, Dubstep is just going to get inside, dance the night and his concerns away, and meet up with Reed Caspa after the show if possible.
Fairy
Tsubaki's Summon test: 8d6.hits(5)=3

Spirit's Force resist test: 4d6.hits(5)=1

Tsubaki's Drain test: 8d6.hits(5)=4

biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 8 2013, 09:33 AM) *
You ignore the BF modifiers when calculating whether a round penetrates vehicle armour (I believe, someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!). Otherwise you are currently all together in/around the pump room door! There are trees around but it's hardly a big wood for hiding in, it's mostly low lying heather around here... nyahnyah.gif

In that case, I'd be doing 12P, -2 AP. Assuming I could keep the second burst with no modifiers. Is that enough to get through the armor?

Also, if we're close enough to escape in a group, it'd probably be better to do that, and just take cover behind the pump room.
Fairy
Hey, Aria. I have another question before I can post. The spirit Tsubaki is summoning has a power included called Fear. Does the Fear power affect only one target, or can it be a group of targets? :O The power is considered as a "line of sight" effect. Could a group of badguys be considered to be in line of sight? I am confuuuuused.

phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 7 2013, 04:48 AM) *
Dante - With Betty in the noodle house. A freebie from Grandma Fuk, but nothing is free in SR. Apologies for the delay in replying.

No worries smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 9 2013, 01:38 AM) *
In that case, I'd be doing 12P, -2 AP. Assuming I could keep the second burst with no modifiers. Is that enough to get through the armor?

Also, if we're close enough to escape in a group, it'd probably be better to do that, and just take cover behind the pump room.

I'm confuzzed! What weapon exactly are you using? I'd envisaged pistols but I suspect now that's wrong?!? If you are using a BF pistol, that's base 5P damage, with -2AP that allows you to get through 7 vehicle armour, then you add the BF damage on...

At least that's how I thought it worked until I read SR4A p170
Vehicle Damage
Whenever a vehicle is hit by an attack, it resists damage as normal, rolling
Body + Armor. If the attack’s modified DV does not exceed the
vehicle’s modified Armor, no damage is applied. Note that since many
vehicles will have large Body dice pools, gamemasters are encouraged
to use the trade-in-dice-for-hits rule (4 dice equals 1 hit) to simplify
tests. Your average tank, for example, will automatically get 4 hits on
a Body Test by trade in, so there is no point in rolling unless the hits
needed are higher than 4.
which seems to imply otherwise...argh, help!!!

QUOTE (Fairy @ Jan 9 2013, 03:38 AM) *
Hey, Aria. I have another question before I can post. The spirit Tsubaki is summoning has a power included called Fear. Does the Fear power affect only one target, or can it be a group of targets? :O The power is considered as a "line of sight" effect. Could a group of badguys be considered to be in line of sight? I am confuuuuused.

I'm more certain on this one...fear is a single target (you can use multiple tasks to fear more enemies of course!)...it would be hideous if it was a mob effect!
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 9 2013, 01:10 PM) *
At least that's how I thought it worked until I read SR4A p170 which seems to imply otherwise...argh, help!!!

Ok, checked the forums and general consensus based on p150 is that autofire damage bonus does not help against armour penetration...so, no luck there, sorry...
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jan 8 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Sorry for the lack of posts from me. Tell me what if any rolls you want for the actions I posted IC. Basically, Dubstep is just going to get inside, dance the night and his concerns away, and meet up with Reed Caspa after the show if possible.
As I do want you inside, no rolls needed. You can even post up meeting with Reed after the show. Reed will want to introduce you to Frank, the owner of the Anathma about a possible job, but I will handle that part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012