Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 6 2012, 09:54 PM) *
Given a round is meant to be something like 3-10s (I forget which?!?) I think mashing it is the way to go...if you want to get back in the fight we can fudge something but Gemeaux has just neutralised cop 1 so there's only 1 more plus any in the Citymaster which you all seem to be ignoring ork.gif

Mordred is free to roll for IP 1...you are still before the lone copper

Ack, I meant to ask, what IS a Citymaster? I am a dirty American, separated from the Civilized Brits by a common language...but we do have Kitkats! nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Ares Citymaster - big riot van with turret mounted weapons...it's hard as nails nasty! Room for a full squad of troops in it, I think it still has firing slots...it's an Armoured Personel Carrier basically, milspec in all but name.
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 6 2012, 10:24 PM) *
Ares Citymaster - big riot van with turret mounted weapons...it's hard as nails nasty! Room for a full squad of troops in it, I think it still has firing slots...it's an Armoured Personel Carrier basically, milspec in all but name.

...fuck

nyahnyah.gif
Aria
In the UK they are used for carrying the SWAT equivalents into the field...this one has the relevant markings, I just can't remember at the moment what the SR UK version is called...anyone know?
JxJxA
Yeah, that I don't know. x_x

I'll post my IP1 actions just to have them out there

Here are the stats for my sniper rifle: Walther MA-2100
Mods: Internal silencer, skinlinked, chameleon coating, improved range finder
Short Range: 0-150m
RC: 1
AP: Base(3) + EX Explosive(1)= 4
DV: Base(7) + EX Explosive(1) = 8P

IP1: Following up remorselessly until the enemy is utterly destroyed...
Free: Run like hell!
Simple: Shoot at the still standing cop!
Agi(9) + Longarms(5) + Specialty(2) + Smartgun(2) + Synch(1) - Running(2) = 17d6 for 8 hit. Viva l'resistance!
Simple: Doubletap!
Agi(9) + Longarms(5) + Specialty(2) + Smartgun(2) + Synch(1) - Running(2) = 17d6 for 3 hits.

Down to 5 in the clip...
Aria
Is it just me that would question flinging a sniper rifle about like this? The damn things are huge, and meant to be fired from a stable position, probably lying down?!? Of course I'm going from films for this info which is hardly scientific, and I know the rules don't have anything in so we'll let it slide for now ... smile.gif

Between the two of you that last copper is going down with masses of stun! I won't be able to IC it until Thursday so feel free to write gloating ICs biggrin.gif

...at least until the LMG in the turret mount swings round ork.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 6 2012, 06:34 PM) *
Is it just me that would question flinging a sniper rifle about like this? The damn things are huge, and meant to be fired from a stable position, probably lying down?!? Of course I'm going from films for this info which is hardly scientific, and I know the rules don't have anything in so we'll let it slide for now ... smile.gif
Main book does have rules about rolling an Edge test for every round a sniper rifle is used 'improperly'. Failed tests impose a cumulative -1 until gun is recalibrated by an armorer. However, Gemeaux's Walther MA-2100 is specifically exempted from that ruling (SR4A p.319).
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 6 2012, 09:34 AM) *

Yeah, it's time to go.

Mordred will run for the house as a free action, and fire two shots at the remaining cop.

Pistols (4) + Logic (5) + Specialization (2) The benefits of the smartgun are negated by running.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3404495/

3 hits on both shots. Like before, 8P, -2 AP.
Fairy
IP3
Free: Moving around inside the old lady's house~!
Simple: Observe in Detail with Perception(6)+Vision Enhance(3)=4 hits
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 7 2012, 02:34 AM) *

Between the two of you that last copper is going down with masses of stun! I won't be able to IC it until Thursday so feel free to write gloating ICs biggrin.gif

No, you're exactly right. I picked the Walther because it's designed to be hardy and used outside of sniping, which is why it forgoes the edge test. smile.gif You can rule that I have to spend time adjusting it after this fight, though. smile.gif
JxJxA
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 7 2012, 04:20 AM) *
Main book does have rules about rolling an Edge test for every round a sniper rifle is used 'improperly'. Failed tests impose a cumulative -1 until gun is recalibrated by an armorer. However, Gemeaux's Walther MA-2100 is specifically exempted from that ruling (SR4A p.319).

Saw this after I posted. That's exactly why I picked it. smile.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 6 2012, 04:56 AM) *
I have a concept I’d like to try out for a ‘low powered’ game but it would take some sort of house ruling so feel free to say no!

A set of twins, Kit and Kat, couriers and part time cat burglers, running things between the Seattle elven enclaves in Downtown and Puyallup. They would be together all the time so some proposed house rules: 400BP, identical stats and skills, identical BP in qualities and negative qualities, limit magic to 4 (but with different powers for each). Pay double BP for resources but they are shared equally between them (This may be escessive, may just need to buy two of everything). Possibly need to do the same for contacts? Karma would be split between them so that they advance at the same rate…

Any thoughts? I don’t want to unbalance your game or take anything away from other players by doing a ‘bit of everything’! If this doesn’t sit well with you I have many other adepts up my sleeve smile.gif

That reminds me, I'd like to give my technomancer a test drive. If you have room for another player, let me know.
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 6 2012, 06:06 PM) *
That reminds me, I'd like to give my technomancer a test drive. If you have room for another player, let me know.

@Aria: While I like the character concepts I feel that one of the perks to the low powered start is that you really do need others for functionality. Being so well spread with two characters defeats that one for me personally.

@Rd: Tenatively that will be fine but I need to see him/her in the flesh before I let a techno wizard into the game.
RdMarquis
Oh, right. Forgot to post her character sheet.
[ Spoiler ]

Here it is. I basically statted up one of my adept's contacts. She isn't a shadowrunner by trade. Here's her description from his character sheet.
[ Spoiler ]
Notsoevildm
Summoning watcher (Rattle):
Summoning 3 + Magic 3 = 6d6.hits(5)=1 - only stays for an hour.
Resist 1S drain: Cha 4 + Will 5 = 9d6.hits(5)=2 = no drain

And this time she is going out prepared:
Casting Combat senses F1 into sustaining focus: Spellcasting 3 + Magic 3 + Detection 2 = 8d6.hits(5)=2 - limited to 1
Resist (F/2)+1 = 1S drain : Cha 4 + Will 5 + Limited 2 = 11d6.hits(5)=4 - no drain, +1 to surprise and dodge tests

Now the tough one:
Casting increased reflexes F2 into sustaining focus: Spellcasting 3 + Magic 3 = 6d6.hits(5)=3 - limited to 2
Resist (F/2)+2 = 3S drain: Cha 4 + Will 5 + Limited 2 = 11d6.hits(5)=3 - no drain, +1 to init and 1 extra initiative pass
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 6 2012, 10:16 PM) *
Oh, right. Forgot to post her character sheet.
[ Spoiler ]

Here it is. I basically statted up one of my adept's contacts. She isn't a shadowrunner by trade. Here's her description from his character sheet.
[ Spoiler ]

Sorry Rd; while this isnt a bad concept by far I dont believe it meshes with the campaign as that character is decidedly NOT low-powered just by virtue of background alone not to mention those stats and cfs etc. Im ok with you playing a newly emerged techno etc but i play it pretty tight on all the non-mundane issues for this particular one.
lemme know when we are cleared to roll out IP 1 of this coming turn here.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 7 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Sorry Rd; while this isnt a bad concept by far I dont believe it meshes with the campaign as that character is decidedly NOT low-powered just by virtue of background alone not to mention those stats and cfs etc. Im ok with you playing a newly emerged techno etc but i play it pretty tight on all the non-mundane issues for this particular one.

Heh, I'll take that as a compliment. I didn't know she was that well optimized. Out of curiosity, if I rebuilt her as a character with fewer BP, would that help?

Oh, by the way, we're on IP 1 right now. I think the rest of us just went, so you're clear to move.
in regards to rebuilding with fewer bp no, for me its not so much the stats but the role-playing (rather than rollplaying) that builds a world. The background itself is high level (exec of KE?).
right since it seems everyone has posted their plans for IP 1 of this turn anselm wil be using this chance to gtfo from the vehicle the least attention grabbing way he possibly can:

initiative is 8 btw.

free: center self by quietly whispering prayers for deliverance
Complex: Cast Trid Phantasm (of nothing) on self

Spellcasting 5 + Magic 5 = 10d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,4,3,1,1,6,6,1] = (4)

(not putting this on my sustaining focus)

Resisting Drain:

Charisma 8 + Willpower 5 + centering focus 3 + init grade 1 = 17d6.hits(5) → [5,3,6,3,2,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,4,1,4,2,2] = (2)

eep well thats 3s drain [(f5/2 +3) - 2 successes] what an abnormally shitty roll... guess im still messed with my metaphysical nightmare ><

A note though: beats the Highly processed threshold on pg 174 sr4 so non-living objects dont get a chance to resist the spell only living things with Intuition + Counterspelling.

Movement: get out of the bloody vehicle and towards the most obvious form of safety.
JxJxA
@OGDWD: There is a medkit in my suitcase. My suitcase is in the car. If you want to let your bodyguard know that you don't need saving, give me a ring via comlink and I'll ask you kindly to bring it to me. nyahnyah.gif
Fairy
Haha. Oh, dear. XD
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Mar 9 2012, 05:44 AM) *
@OGDWD: There is a medkit in my suitcase. My suitcase is in the car. If you want to let your bodyguard know that you don't need saving, give me a ring via comlink and I'll ask you kindly to bring it to me. nyahnyah.gif

No ringing! Site wide jamming is in effect!
RdMarquis
That reminds me, I left my stuff in the car. Urgh. That's a lot of stuff down the drain unless we somehow manage to get these guys to back off.
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 7 2012, 06:04 AM) *
@Aria: While I like the character concepts I feel that one of the perks to the low powered start is that you really do need others for functionality. Being so well spread with two characters defeats that one for me personally.

No problem, I understand that...how about Scratch, she was a freerunner adept I built for a ganger campaign...I've since rebuilt her again but she's probably overpowered in her current state so happy to do so again, without the weapon focus and other silliness...

Anyway, here she is as was: <<Scratch>>
Fairy
Lol, sounds like everyone left stuff in the limo. XD If the cops are all down, make a trip back to the car? Otherwise, it is all up to Hill.
RdMarquis
It might be better just to cut our losses, actually. Mordred just left his B&E gear, a medkit, and maybe some weapons, depending on what he could be concievably be carrying.

Incidentally, his sword and motorcycle are in his apartment back in the UCAS. He only has the former for sentimental reasons, and he couldn't exactly transport the latter.
Aria
Ok, the machine gun is firing suppresive fire but I'm not going to expect any rolls unless you try and interfere with the lone copper who comes out of the APC to drag his comrades out of harms way...your choice, just bear in mind that an LMG firing APDS is gonna hurt ork.gif
Fairy
Omg lol! Aria is out to kill us. Again, I wanna run around shouting, "Dooooom!" Our situation sounds worse and worse, lol.
RdMarquis
Just as long as he doesn't fire at us. Also, please tell me the citymaster doesn't have tank threads or anything that would prevent me from shooting out the tires.
Fairy
Tell me I am not the only one who thinks Copperhead is amazing for filling the minds if all readers with images of troll-sized lingerie? Hahaha! Best! Beeeest!
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 9 2012, 10:12 PM) *
No ringing! Site wide jamming is in effect!

D'oh, it's these damn international phone carriers. No reception anywhere! nyahnyah.gif
Lol indeed plus that would be metagaming and I wouldnt do that unless you had called me nyahnyah.gif. So glad im not gear dependent this is going to blow biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 9 2012, 05:15 AM) *
No problem, I understand that...how about Scratch, she was a freerunner adept I built for a ganger campaign...I've since rebuilt her again but she's probably overpowered in her current state so happy to do so again, without the weapon focus and other silliness...

Anyway, here she is as was: <<Scratch>>

Looks good to me but yeah Id like you to remove that weapon focus otherwise she looks alright to me.
Fairy
Hey, Mister Ghost. Don't worry about the old lady. The old lady isn't on the ground. She is inside with the others. smile.gif Just thought I would point that out so to avoid causing confusion.
oh doh i thought she was prostrate and trying to convey the image of not sure quite what was going on biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 9 2012, 02:45 PM) *
Just as long as he doesn't fire at us. Also, please tell me the citymaster doesn't have tank threads or anything that would prevent me from shooting out the tires.

It doesn't have tank treads - wheels almost as tall as you but not treads - the chances of them not being runflats is 0 though!!! There's a picture of the civillian version (Road Master) on p109 of Aresenal!
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 9 2012, 02:45 PM) *
Omg lol! Aria is out to kill us. Again, I wanna run around shouting, "Dooooom!" Our situation sounds worse and worse, lol.

That might help biggrin.gif

But you're not dead yet and have escaped near death more or less unscathed so far! Not bad for a confrontation with a (reduced) SWAT team...
can you give me the layout of where everyone is etc, need to figure out how to rp anselm being confused and trying to find ppl biggrin.gif
Fairy
I think everyone is running toward and hiding inside the house. There is a grassy lawn, a busted limo, and a Citymaster firing turret bullets at us.

I get that right? nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 9 2012, 06:38 PM) *
I think everyone is running toward and hiding inside the house. There is a grassy lawn, a busted limo, and a Citymaster firing turret bullets at us.

I get that right? nyahnyah.gif

Yep, but the only person Mr Hill will recognise is Gemeaux...thankfully he's heading towards the next house over and the chances are you'll spot him (for the purposes of keeping the game going if nothing else smile.gif)
RdMarquis
Did the map turn up anything? Or is everything from here to our destination flat and Citymaster friendly?
Fairy
If anyone has any ideas to contribute, go ahead and do what ever. Go team. Lol.
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 10 2012, 01:11 AM) *
Lol indeed plus that would be metagaming and I wouldnt do that unless you had called me nyahnyah.gif. So glad im not gear dependent this is going to blow biggrin.gif

You do realize I'm going to send you back in there if you don't have my things...or add it to your bill... nyahnyah.gif

On a more serious note, feel free to follow me hiding behind the next house over. I will get you caught up on what's going on. smile.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria: I forgot to ask, does the technomancer have the armor I handed him in the church? Maybe he put it on to protect himself from a stray shot? Please? biggrin.gif
Fairy
Wait a minute. Is everyone else in a different house? So, Geme and Hill ran off to a second house, and Mordred and Tsubaki are inside the old lady's house? Just double checking.
JxJxA
That was my understanding when I ran out. Can‘t make things too simple, can we? nyahnyah.gif
Notsoevildm
Attempting to summoning F3 air spirit before entering CZ:
Summoning 3 + Magic 3 = 6d6.hits(5)=1
Spirit resists = 3d6.hits(5)=1 - no net hits, no services
Resist 2S drain: Cha 4 + Will 5 = 9d6.hits(5)=2 - no drain
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Mar 11 2012, 12:19 AM) *
You do realize I'm going to send you back in there if you don't have my things...or add it to your bill... nyahnyah.gif

On a more serious note, feel free to follow me hiding behind the next house over. I will get you caught up on what's going on. smile.gif

uhhuh.... like i trust anyone atm nyahnyah.gif you got me into this mess!
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 12 2012, 12:45 AM) *
uhhuh.... like i trust anyone atm nyahnyah.gif you got me into this mess!

Lol, I got you OUT of the last mess. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012