Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Seth
@LostProxy
Your character looked cool: Mr Lucky with lots of face stuff. I note you took Seattle Mafia families as a contact. As far as I know that is what the advantage "Made Man" gives you, so maybe you get some points back.

I note you are a mafia made man. So is my character... I see a very easy way to get you in the story...it goes along the lines of "HELP!!!", and being Mr Lucky you are probably already in the area.

@Copperhead
Noted the detect enemies are before this combat. Snake still hissed at you...
The corporates are in light military armor. Light is of course all relative, but it comes with full respirator protection / bottles of air...etc. Confusion isn't a bad option at all
I didn't find your rolls for the shooting of the baddies, but I suspect
Ill treat the engulf roll as a confuse roll. These goons don't look the smartest tool in the box.

@JxJxA
Hope it's a little clearer now.
  • There is an ouch opponent for the goon in the doorway as he glitches his dodge roll and head butts the incoming sniper bullets. Unlike Dealer's damage, this slams through the armor, and the guy's head explodes spraying brains and gore everywhere... very messy...
  • Can you sort out IP 2? I suspect between you and Dealer, the four corporates charging the door have been just mowed down.

@Xarin
Noted Pepe's male sneaking rolls. So far no one has taken a pot shot at the van.
Can you make a suitable flying roll for Eddie, I only need 1 success, but 'he' is at minus's for damage. Glitches would be rewarding for me..ork.gif
Happy for you to manage Alpha and Eddie
As to the aside: I believe that your drones used grenades. Grenades kill people. To help assuage your conscience, the goons were using grenades and assault rifles. They are not here to take prisoners...
At the start of next round could I have another visual perception and assensing roll for you?

@AppliedCheese/JxJxA
I have a pacifist Doctor too... quite hard work in shadowrun.

@Aria
Bloody hell...go away for the weekend and this thread explodes

I'm just being really simple with FAB and treating it as a local background count. If that's not how its supposed to be, then Molly has access to some seriously interesting research! The patches with FAB in are all background count -4, and that is most of the parking lot, and the entrance to the cafe.
Hansai has taken 7 body. He did his bit stopping the grenade, but 4 wide bursts do the trick to get most people! He is still conscious, but has noted that you all here, and jumping back in the way of fire from two directions isn't his idea of fun. The bleeding from his arm is quite bad, and the arm is useless. He is currently applying a trauma patch to the arm, and popping some pills.

@General
My poor goons...mowed down, as they entered. They had stuck a fibre under the door, and there were only 2 people. Open the door, shoot in a grenade...and then it all goes horribly wrong. Ah well sucks to be a goon.
In IP 2 the windows shatter, raining shards of glass upon everyone. I'll treat this as a suppression fire with 3 successes, damage 4P. Reaction + Edge to avoid being hit.
From IP 3 onward's the visibility is deteriorating, so its the equivalent of smoke.

If everyone is happy, tomorrow night I will move into the next combat round with an IC post wrapping this up. The goons don't go on IP 3.

AppliedCheese
Question the 1st: does Dealer need to roll, since he had the neat presence of mind to duck behind the the pizza-dispensing portion of the cafe before the charges kicked in?

Question the 2nd: Some of those bigger hits (the ones with 7 hits) had to break the damage/armor barrier...didn't they?
If he does:

Ah...3 successes..but its a glitch!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3171770/

I'll treat that as 5P of damage unless otherwise noted...

8 Armor converts to stun...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3171776/

soaks three...so 2 stun.

As for IP 3:

Thank the gods for smoke helping with obscuration. Doesn't affect the ultrasound any though. Dealer takes full advantage of being faster than they are to recover from the blast, fully expose himself for optimal shooting, hammer two long wide bursts at the window targets, then drop back into cover.

Agi 9 + Autos 5 + Smart 2 - Enemy in Cover (2?) - recoil 3 = 11d6 ...ned to get a lot more recoil comp on this bad boy after tonight...

2 hits + 1 if the enemy isn't "in cover"
3 hits + 1 if the enemy isn't "in cover"

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3171790/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3171791/

Of interest, this leaves precisely 6 rounds in the magazine going into turn two, IP 1
Seth
Question the 1st: does Dealer need to roll, since he had the neat presence of mind to duck behind the the pizza-dispensing portion of the cafe before the charges kicked in?
Question the 2nd: Some of those bigger hits (the ones with 7 hits) had to break the damage/armor barrier...didn't they?

• Nice thing about suppression fire is that only people that aren't cowering behind cover, or flat on the floor need to roll. Don't forget to include the "shooter behind cover" penalty on your ranged attacks.
  • I'm sorry I didn't understand question the 2nd. Which damage/armor barrier?
  • The enemies in the windows are not shoot-able at the moment, as they are behind the wall. The wall counts as a Barrier rating 16: its much tougher than it looks. This leaves precisely no enemies left in sight, although Pixel's feed is telling you that there are enemies near the windows.
Notsoevildm
@Seth:
Copper only got one hit with a wide burst on the guys at the door, but they are down anyway so not an issue. I am also assuming the flashbang went off before second pair entered so it had no effect either.

At least with Snake warning her about the guys at the window she would have taken cover away from the windows. In any case rolls for avoiding shrapnel:

Dodge: Agi 3 + Dodge 2 + Combat sense 1 = 6d6.hits(5)=2 = 1 success left, 5P damage
Soak: Body 6 + Armor 15 = 21d6.hits(5)=9 - puny glass fragments! Copperhead is very happy with her new armor!

Will remember to include firing from cover modifier if our cyber dudes ever let her get a shot in!

Air spirit realises bad dudes are sealed in so will stick to Confusion power for next round: 6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=2
AppliedCheese
He has been using shooter behind cover penalties. For IP 3 he was stepping out for a better shot before dropping back in (since no one else is 3 IP fast). Of course, since everyone coming in via door is incapacitated

He still doesn't have pixel's feed - there's been no voice comms that its up, only commlink from pixel- makes it hard for you to hear IMs once your off the net. He does know that they just breached the windows...how far away is he from the windows? Can't be more than a 10 meter room...

He sprints towards the window ( 3 hits on Str 4 + Running 3 = 7d6..invisible castle is not responding for some reason. used http://juhani.naskali.net/files/ShadowrunDice.html), grenade in hand, and gently drops it outside as the breachers are recovering from their blast ( no roll...I mean, he literally just drops it through the window). Then he flings himself into a full combat roll to get away from the wall and behind an overturned table. (6 hits on agi 9 + gymnastic 3s = 12d6).

Xarin
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 1 2011, 02:33 AM) *
Moral qualms? I know a fixer who will give us 35% on any ware they can recover from the bodies!

Though, a few living for interrogation might be good.

heh, maybe I should get my Tamanous-raised banshee ripperdoc in to hang out with you nyahnyah.gif
AppliedCheese
Well, even with moral qualms, we'll make a killing of the mil spec they're wearing. Possibly literally if we use them as human shields against the sniper. And I imagine not all of them are going to make it through interrogation. Actually, given the likelihood of internal links still broadcasting, precisely 0% of those we take for questioning will.

And hey, who needs tamanous banshees? Dealer is pure human, with a degree in economics!
Seth
@NotSoEvil
I included the flashbang (I assumed 6s damge) as general damage and carnage on the goons at the door. The sniper shots were obvious, everything else was so much carnage that it's difficult to say who got the killing blows...
Pleased that the puny glass fragments bounced of the tough armored troll. Good thing Pixel wasn't inside!
Noted the two hits in the confuse power, and I am assuming that it is being used on one of the goons outside the window

@AppliedCheese
Spoilsport, I was going to throw the grenades next IP. Ah well, there are two windows that just exploded, so we'll see what happens.
The Max Greer post was funny as well
Happy to have you get to the windows. It is in fact I think 1 15 m long cafe, but one of the windows is within 5m, and the other is 10m away (roughly evenly spaced).
Not worried with the aiming roll, as you say just outside the window
Just checking the rules: Frag grenades are 12P damage, but the baddies get 5 extra armor if they are wearing any armor. There is no dodge, and as they are goons I'm not going to let them dive for cover or anything.
Two of the guards at the nearest windows. Soak rolls: 3 and (checks his counting) 10 successes. Being a frag grenade there is very little effect on the already trashed walls of the cafe.
Xarin
The only drone grenades were Eddie's Smoke grenades. So Pixel can be happy she's not killing anyone. Just giving them a savage beating to remember her little metallic friends by. With a smile! (They earned a beating!)

As for a landing test for Eddie... he can't do it. Pilot 3 - 3 for 9 boxes of damage = 0 dice pool. Nothing to roll, but no glitches either. Eddie's moving slow, so probably just thunks to the ground unceremoniously. Unless tacnet applies to find a soft spot to "land" in. Marvin and Alpha are aorund providing inputs so Eddie could conceavably roll 1 die. In which case: Does Eddie crash?: Pilot 3 + tacnet 1 - damage 3 = (1d6.hits(5)=1) I'll be darned. If tacnet applies, he might find a nice beat up old bucket seat to plunk down into. biggrin.gif
Seth
Rename him to Lucky Eddie when you give him a paint job, and your conscience is appeased.
Xarin
QUOTE (Seth @ Sep 1 2011, 04:57 PM) *
Rename him to Lucky Eddie when you give him a paint job, and your conscience is appeased.

No kidding smile.gif For IP 2:
Moving towards cafe near the side (not the front where the fighting is going on), sneakily. Fresh Infiltrate roll if you want it:Sneaking toward cafe: Agility 4 + Infiltrate Urban 3 + tacnet 2 = (9d6.hits(5)=1)

For complex action, remoting Beanie to quietly start rolling away towards Eddie (Infiltration check):
Sneaking Beanie away: Command+link 7 + Urban Infiltration 3 + tacnet 2 + Codesling 2 - Matrix damage 1 = (13d6.hits(5)=2)

And hoping they're thoroughly occupied elsewhere.

Perception check:Perception check: Intuition 4 + Perception 1 + A/V Enhancement 3 + tacnet 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=4)

Not using Astral (takes a simple to activate, another to turn off, and makes me very vulnerable to astral threats like projecting mages. It's a death trap right now.)
JxJxA
OK, I'll post my IP 2 action ASAP. Work is being a drag this week (along with being suck, but c'est la vie). I should have something up in the next 4 hours.

Basically, I'm thinking of taking 2 shots from cover and then taking the brunt of the shrapnel stuff so Hansai has a fighting chance to get out of this alive (he's the closest thing Demon has to a "golden ticket" out of this snafu nyahnyah.gif ).
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 2 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Basically, I'm thinking of taking 2 shots from cover and then taking the brunt of the shrapnel stuff so Hansai has a fighting chance to get out of this alive (he's the closest thing Demon has to a "golden ticket" out of this snafu nyahnyah.gif ).

You handle the shooty stuff, Copperhead has Hansai covered - literally!
AppliedCheese
10 soaks? Jeesh. I like to think goon 1 blocked most of the blast and frag meant for goon two with his body. As the french speakers on the team would say "cest la guerre."

Seth
You handle the shooty stuff, Copperhead has Hansai covered - literally

I suspect Copperhead is worth...let me see...at least 15 points of armor, and probably quite a lot of concealment.
Got to love trolls.
JxJxA
Ok, finally home (Busan must be loaded with anti-JxJxA biological warfare agents, because the whole being sick thing is starting to become the rule instead of the exception).

@Copperhead:
More than happy to oblige with the shooting stuff, keeps things simpler for me. nyahnyah.gif

@Seth:
Demon moved behind cover after the first two shots, so he'll be taking those cover penalties now.

Still rocking my Arc d'Morte sniper rifle, so here are the stats (because this thread is getting pretty busy now nyahnyah.gif)
Sniper Rifle info:
Short Range: 0-165m (I think I'm within it, lol)
AP: Base(3) + APDS(4)=7
DV: 7P
RC: 1 (Oops, forgot that the +2 came from the bipod. It is not definitely not deployed)

Firing two shots at the closest goon I can see

Shot #1:
Agility(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) + TacNet(2) - Firing from Cover(2) = 12d6 for 3 hits.

Shot #2: (RC of 1 negates the recoil penalty of 1)
Agility(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) + TacNet(2) - Firing from Cover(2) = 12d6 for 7 hits. Apparently, I'm out to snuff all these foolish corporate clowns. I love that Invisible Castle loves this character as much as I do! rotfl.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Sep 1 2011, 05:42 PM) *
@LostProxy
Your character looked cool: Mr Lucky with lots of face stuff. I note you took Seattle Mafia families as a contact. As far as I know that is what the advantage "Made Man" gives you, so maybe you get some points back.

I note you are a mafia made man. So is my character... I see a very easy way to get you in the story...it goes along the lines of "HELP!!!", and being Mr Lucky you are probably already in the area.

Can someone point me in the direction of which post your character is linked in as I think I've missed it! HELP is an acceptable way into the story smile.gif

QUOTE (Seth @ Sep 1 2011, 05:42 PM) *
@Aria

I'm just being really simple with FAB and treating it as a local background count. If that's not how its supposed to be, then Molly has access to some seriously interesting research! The patches with FAB in are all background count -4, and that is most of the parking lot, and the entrance to the cafe.
Hansai has taken 7 body. He did his bit stopping the grenade, but 4 wide bursts do the trick to get most people! He is still conscious, but has noted that you all here, and jumping back in the way of fire from two directions isn't his idea of fun. The bleeding from his arm is quite bad, and the arm is useless. He is currently applying a trauma patch to the arm, and popping some pills.

@General
My poor goons...mowed down, as they entered. They had stuck a fibre under the door, and there were only 2 people. Open the door, shoot in a grenade...and then it all goes horribly wrong. Ah well sucks to be a goon.
In IP 2 the windows shatter, raining shards of glass upon everyone. I'll treat this as a suppression fire with 3 successes, damage 4P. Reaction + Edge to avoid being hit.
From IP 3 onward's the visibility is deteriorating, so its the equivalent of smoke.

If everyone is happy, tomorrow night I will move into the next combat round with an IC post wrapping this up. The goons don't go on IP 3.

7 boxes of damage? He can bugger off then unless he's about to kark it! The drain would be crippling and he's not a helpless baby in need of saving smile.gif

Given my reaction is a measly 4 at the moment can I assume cowering being a successful defense against all that glass? Copperhead should take the brunt as I'm assuming I'm with Hansai to assess his condition?!?

I didn't specifiy on summoning but can I assume that Tempests additional power is Fear? ork.gif She'll use that or accident to attack the goons as engulf etc isn't likely to work?!?
JxJxA
And hey, who needs tamanous banshees? Dealer is pure human, with a degree in economics!

Well, pure human in the most lawyered sense of the word. nyahnyah.gif
Seth
This thread is getting seriously busy (which I am enjoying) but I am very likely to miss stuff, so once again: if I haven't answered by the end of this post, remind me.

@Demon, I think that the post here is on IP 3. If so...you cannot see anyone: All the goons in the room have been mowed down (you can keep the rolls for the next round if you want)

<<A moment of silence for the poor defenseless corporates who are just doing their job>>

We are in the next round . Initiatives + Perception rolls at -2 (unless you are taking a simple action) from everyone please. The visibility modifiers are as per smoke.

The actions of Alpha Squad (your tacnet tells you) are

IP 1:
Alpha 1 drops his grenade and sprays Alpha 2 with his organs and various unpleasantries. He drops his grenade.
Alpha 3&4 both toss a grenade into the room
Sniper misses Pixel by a very small margin

IP 2:
Alpha 1's grenade goes off, just after Alpha 2 tosses his grenade into the room.
The Fire Elemental enters the room over the pile of corpses
Guess what the Sniper is thinking of doing...

The guards have an initiative of 10.
If you make 2 successes with perception you can see where the grenades go, and have until 10 on the next IP to Do Something About Them ork.gif
If you get a large number of successes you could always try and catch the grenade...(A.K.A. Look Ma I have no hands)

Options:
  • If you get initiative and hold an action you can have one shot at the hand throwing the grenade through the window (the tacnet feed from outside is very helpful). The hand has total cover, and is a called shot, so its -8. You could (I think) aim up for a simple action as well.
  • You can scrabble for the grenade (if you can see it): Gymnastics with 3 successes looks about right to get one.
JxJxA
Ok, cool. I'll keep the rolls for my next round of shots. Instead, I'll edit my post to have Demon toss his APDS-loaded Kompakt S to Hansai. At the very least, he can blow his brains out if this turns sour. nyahnyah.gif

I'll keep the introspective, though. Demon, he is an eclectic soul. biggrin.gif
Seth
@Demon
Lol

@Aria
Intimidate roll: 3 successes. I'm not very good at intimidation, just lucky...need to get some skill in it! I forgot the pain on this, but maybe that made me look more desparate
Pilot roll: 3 successes
Visual perceptions: Yet another 3 successes
JxJxA
Okay, forgot to post my rolls:

Initiative:
Reaction(4) + Intuition(3) + Wired Ref(1) = 8d6 for 4 hits.

New Init is 12, still IP of 2

Perception Roll:
Intuition(3) + Perc(3) + Vis Enh(2) + TacNet(2) - Modifiers(2) = 8d6 for 2 hits + 0 hits and a glitch if ultrasound negates the penalties (lol)

Okay, so this actually syncs up pretty well with my last rolls. Demon has found out that a lady is in danger, so it's time to be a suave motherf***er!

Running outside and then taking shots at the sniper! (Let me know if it's legal, and then I'll post IC)

Still rocking my Arc d'Morte sniper rifle, so here are the stats (because this thread is getting pretty busy now )
Sniper Rifle info:
Short Range: 0-165m (I think I'm within it, lol)
AP: Base(3) + APDS(4)=7
DV: 7P
RC: 1 (Oops, forgot that the +2 came from the bipod. It is not definitely not deployed)

Firing two shots at the would-be Pixel-Popper!

Shot #1:
Agility(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) + TacNet(2) - Running(2) = 12d6 for 3 hits.

Shot #2: (RC of 1 negates the recoil penalty of 1)
Agility(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) + TacNet(2) - Running(2) = 12d6 for 7 hits.
Seth
Running outside and then taking shots at the sniper!
  • I think you need to climb or gymnastic your way to the roof, as the sniper is directly above you and lying flat on the roof. Good news is that with all the damage, the wall is actually quite easy to climb. It will take an extended (5 successes, 1 complex action to climb the roof) As the roof is only 10 feet up, maybe there is a way up that I haven't though of
  • Another option would be to dive out of the window that Alpha1/2 are 'guarding' jump on a burning car and shoot from there. I suspect that's 1 full round of movement, shoot next round
  • Alternatives: indirect fire (grenades). Shooting through the roof (although its got Kevlar wallpaper too...Barrier 16 and total cover) as Pixel can tell you roughly were to shoot
I picked the roof as a hard place to get too ork.gif

JxJxA
The jump through the window between two corp goons looks like the most viable option for my d00d. I'm a weapons-specialist/assassin, not a Russian gymnast. I'm usually the one camping out on rooftops and taking shots.

Posting ASAP and then I'll see if I can still take my shots. biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
@Seth:
Copperhead
Initiative: 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=3 = 9, 1 IPs
Perception: Int 3 + Per 2 + enh 3 - 2 mods = 6d6.hits(5)=0 - what grenades?
Forgot + 2 for tacnet =2d6.hits(5)=0 - what grenades?

Air spirit
Init: 9 + 9d6.hits(5)=3 = 12, 2 IPs
Perception: Int 3 + Per 3 - 2 mods = 4d6.hits(5)=1 - that looks like one of them grenade-thingies. I wonder where it went?

IP1:
Air spirit attempts to confuse one of the remaining guards: 6d6.hits(5)=2 - resisted with Will
Copperhead peers over table, doesn't spot anything, hits herself with a dose of cram (simple), covers door / window as best she can

IP2:
Air spirit continues to attempt to confuse the remaining guards: 6d6.hits(5)=1 - resisted with Will
Copperhead waits for cram to kick in, spots Fire elemental, goes 'eek', if allowed shoots it using simple action held from previous IP even though it's likely to be immune:
Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + (Smart 2 + tacnet 2 - cover 2 - v.mods 2) = 7d6.hits(5)=3, 7P base, -1AP

F3 Air Spirit: B1 A6 R7 S1 C3 I3 L3 W3 Edg3 Ess3 M3 Init9 IP2, Astral Init6 IP3
Movement: 15/75 (flight)
Skills: Assensing, Astral Combat, Dodge, Exotic Ranged Weapon, Flight, Perception, Unarmed Combat
Powers: Accident, Astral Form, Concealment, Confusion, Engulf, Materialization, Movement, Sapience, Search
Optional Powers: Psychokinesis
Seth
@NoSoEvil
what grenades?

Guess that makes it "someone else's problem". I hope the grenade feels the same way

I was kind of hoping the guard would glitch his willsave vs the confuse: instead he got zero successes. Being confused while holding a grenade adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the proceedings. I think a composure roll to drop the grenade on the right side the window sounds right. Hmm zero successes, but no glitch. I think that grenade is sitting on a table.

Your spirit has had its go, and you still cannot see it through all the smoke / debris and cram high (need at least one success) but one of the IP1 grenades now only needs 1 success to see.
LostProxy
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 2 2011, 05:08 AM) *
Can someone point me in the direction of which post your character is linked in as I think I've missed it! HELP is an acceptable way into the story smile.gif

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1102303

There you go biggrin.gif
Seth
@LostProxy

Go write yourself in!
AppliedCheese
Ok

Initiative 17, 3 IPs

Hooray for being fast

Initiative = Int 5 + React 8, 13d6 + 4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173030/

IP 1

Perception = Int 5 + Per 3 + Enhanced 3 - smoke vs ultrasound 1 - GM Mod 2 = 8d6 = 0 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173032/

It would appear that while landing on your back after leaping/being blown over a table is not an ideal time to spot grenades.

Dealer tries to get an update from others to decide whether or not to turn on the tacnet. Assuming "all clear", he turns it on. he gets back up of fhis back and and reloads.

IP 2

Free perception check as grenade # 3 comes in...

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173040/ 4 hits.

Oh yes, that is definitely a grenade. Actually, it looks like there's one sitting on that table too...

now to deal with them:

Agi + Gymnastics = 12d6 x 2
5 hits
6 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173087/

Stunning success! He grabs the grenades at a full sprint (2 hits on sprint http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173089/) and disposes of them:

Decision point:

If Dealer thinks Molly is dead and there are forces down below, he sumps them down the ladder hole to the great shagrin of whoever is down there before going flat.

If not, he returns to sender, dropping them back out the windows they came from and tells Demon to freakin dive behind that car. (demon should make it before IP 10, so if he listens, he should have a barrier in the way of the frag coming out to alpha goons 3 and 4)

Naturally this means Dealer is still standing when the last grenade goes off inside.

He spends IP 3 in pre-emptive full defense trying to avoid being fragged.

Reaction 8 + Full Defense allows the use of Dodge/gymnastics against ranged (as opposed to the usual reaction only for ranged) = 11 D6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173111/

6 Hits. Wooo! Pending GM ruling, he successfully interposes a beer fridge between himself and the explosion.

Hopefully someone has killed the elemental...

Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 2 2011, 06:54 PM) *
Hopefully someone has killed the elemental...

Ember's effectiveness is very much in the spirits he can summon...so, can Tempest see any of the goons (I suspect they are all toast but i'm a little unsure?!?) or can she knobble that elemental?

There's also some confusion about whether or not I'm astral...I've been working on the thought that I'm perceiving only (to check Hansai's wounds) but Copperhead and Seth think I'm projecting so I'll go with that I guess...
Aria
On the other thread, don't think I'll get an IC up before monday at the earliest so if any of you want to post then feel free:

You can easily evade security - they'll take one look at Doza and run off to call the cops!
Clearing the building you can see a Global Courier van on the street as promised
You can hear sirens coming
Lucky is in the neighbourhood (how odd?!?) and can arrive more or less as you reach the van - unless you want to do something else?!? (Someone link his sheet please)!!!
The chopper is indeed en route but if you get in the van then it's not yet in sight...I'll let you know who is waiting for you inside once you open the door smile.gif
Seth
One of the grenades goes off on IP 2 on the goons initiative

If you want to grab both...need to split die ork.gif However checking your rolls I don't think that matters.
LostProxy
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 2 2011, 10:32 AM) *
Lucky is in the neighbourhood (how odd?!?) and can arrive more or less as you reach the van - unless you want to do something else?!? (Someone link his sheet please)!!!
The chopper is indeed en route but if you get in the van then it's not yet in sight...I'll let you know who is waiting for you inside once you open the door smile.gif

I did link you, look a couple of posts up.

Wait, so whose posts should I be looking to reply to and what exactly is the setup?
Seth
I think you are playing Isaac, and as Jotamon I yelled for help from Fat Tony and he suggested you. The game is Jotamon, Doza and Jamie. Aria is GM.In a nutshell I was shopping, kid ran into me. Snippers started shooting at me. Copters with men and guns started flying towards me...I am of course Mr Unlucky. Doza was on a run to collect the kid, and Jamie was like me: wrong place, wrong time.
Right now we are trying to escape from a copter full of bad guys with the kid

We can tell you rest IC smile.gif

AppliedCheese
Good news - Dealer is at 17 INIT, so neither should go off in his hand.

"If you want to grab both...need to split die ork.gif However checking your rolls I don't think that matters. "

I'm guessing that means he grabs both successfully?

They are going out the windows, since no one has a firm grip on whats up with molly.

Seth
Yes they go out window. Molly is probably still underground.

Sorry for short answers...busy elsewhere...proper answers later smile.gif
Seth
@Dealer
OK you get rid of the grenade with about 1/10 of a second to spare or less, so I think you and only you are in grenade range, and you can have another 16 points of armour for the wall. However they are 2 separate 12P damage (you also get 5 points more armour because its fragmentation). This is likely to be very bad for Alpha 3 and 4, as they don't have said wall.

To the best of my knowledge you don't get any reaction or dodge vs a grenade...Its just grit your teeth and bear it. All you rules lawyers out there feel free to correct me. You can IC still the fridge as it reads good, but as I see it you get Body + Armour + 16 for barrier + 5 as its a fragmentation.

IP2: You can make another perception roll (at -2 as you are not spending a simple action) to see the third grenade (if you are still standing ork.gif) , which will go of on IP 3, or early next round depending on what happens.

All you know about Molly was the screams over the commlink...your choice what to do

@Aria
If you want you can have cast spells and stuff last round

Situation report for you:
  • Yes Tempest can see the four dead or dying goons that walked in through the front door into a storm of lead last round. She can also see Alpha 1(also dead), Alpha 2 badly injured, and the other two Alphas 3 and 4, who dropped grenades on IP 1, and on IP 2 are standing in such as way as to hopefully not get blasted. Unfortunately for them on IP 2 the grenades came back out of the window...so you suspect they are in a world of hurt.
  • The main magical threat is the force 6 fire elemental that is walking into the building on IP 2.
  • Molly is probably in trouble down the fire mans pole in the auxillary control room
  • There is a sniper on the roof
  • The members of Beta group are on their way, in case you were feeling lonely

@LostProxy
Sorry for the terse summary before.

If I was you I'd do a post in which Fat Tony tells you to get your ass to the warehouse, sends you an ARO of me, and mentions something about helicopters and baddies. If you can offer us a ride we'll take it, but I think you only have a JackRabbit, so that's looking unlikely.

We can brief you IC about what is going on, which is always more fun, as we will almost certainly forget to tell you the most important plot critical bits.
Seth
@Galen
Alyena has just vanished for the weekend, but she will be happy to put you down!

Edit: I just reread this: I mean place you on the ground. She's not psychopathic that I am aware of
AppliedCheese
Meh. I never really got the whole grenade rules. I do think there's something about decreasing effects the further away from center of blast you are...which won't affect dealers current situation at all, but might be good to know for grenade # 3.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173309/

16 wall + 8 armor + 3 body + 5 frag = 32d6

10 and 11 soak respectively. So, 3 damage.

My real question is whether or not it is P or S (since he effectively has an armor of 24 with the wall).

Perception for third grenade (including the now wounded/stunned modifier)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173317/

3 hits. He definitely sees it. Consider the the reaction + gymnastics "full defense" he was using as finding the heaviest, hardest piece of cover that's farthest away from ground zero he can, and then getting there. I'll let you adjudicate what that means in game terms.

Seth
I think its stun damage, so unless you want it to be physical we will go with that.

The biggest hardest piece of cover is either the vending machine or the wall (i.e. get out!). You think Chunky Salsa rules won't be deployed with the grenade as its a big room, and the Kevlar wallpaper seems designed to prevent that happening (the wall crumbles absorbing energy, and the wallpaper holds the wall together).
AppliedCheese
Get out it is then, followed by dropping prone chamo'd goodness hide him from beta amidst all the smoke. (I'm assuming the rooftop sniper doesn't have LOS down the side of the wall if Demon needed to grab height to engage).

For the purposes of being all hidden like upon dropping outside (17 usual infil DP, - 1 stun track, +2 tacnet = 18 d6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173369/

7 hits.

Any attempt to find him will suffer from chameleon, prone at medium range +, smoke/heavy smoke, partial coverage (the car that demon was shooting from is presumably at least partially blocking LOS to Beta)
Seth
(I'm assuming the rooftop sniper doesn't have LOS down the side of the wall if Demon needed to grab height to engage).

You are very likely correct. Mind you Beta squad are coming back ork.gif

I'm throwing a load of minus's to that infiltration roll, as the grenades going off draw attention to the two windows, and those are mostly the only ways out. However there are fairly serious visibility penalties as well.

That I think is your IPs used up: hope you are feeling suitably heroic.
AppliedCheese
I am. I am also feeling suitably likely to go first on round 3, IP 1. Being FAST is useful. So is 3 IPs a round when everyone else is playing with 2.
Zaranthan
I've got a character I've been itching to put on the streets for a while. I know making an entrance right now might be hard to work in, but I've got to go out of touch for the holiday weekend. I'll just toss a link to the character sheet and backstory, and hope for some feedback when I come home.

Robert Geoffrey Harold

The backstory is written from his POV up until that little line art, hence the adolescent melodramatic angle on everything.
JxJxA
@Seth:

Should I reroll those shots at the sniper with any penalties? Or maybe use Edge to make sure I get him?

@Zaranthan:

Ah, so he's Werther? nyahnyah.gif I love your sig, that made me laugh. smile.gif
LostProxy
I'm ready to drop it except one thing. My question about the Fubuki. It's fluff says it starts with electronic firing but I'm not sure if it does mechanically. Depending on what you rule it will change my starting gear.
AppliedCheese
@JxJxA

Hoo yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for you on that sniper...a cross fire between Beta and him/her sounds like a lot of reaction rolls for Demon and Dealer . And Pixel if the goons are using tacnet.
Zaranthan
@JxJxA:
Hm, maybe I have to read the story, but the link seems tenuous. The love triangle hinges on Ikuva, not Robert, and it's not so much love as it is entitlement and megalomania. It's certainly unrequited by both boys. Also, Robert didn't commit suicide, he just panicked and rolled a critical glitch to resist the Infection.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to peruse the full text to catch your reference, sorry.

As for the sig, it's always been a favorite saying of mine when it comes to internet security and ignoring trolls. I do need to update my Geek Code, though. My opinions of the various splatbooks has shifted over the years.

@LostProxy:
I may not be the GM, but I always found it easy to assume the electronic firing was part of the clever design that allows the Fubuki to operate in Burst-Fire mode with -0/-1 recoil modifiers instead of -2/-5. Heck, even that one point is easily handled by unfolding the stock.
JxJxA
@ Zaranthan

LOL, sorry, I saw "teen melodrama" and just thought Werther because that story is kind of like Goethe's poster story for the whole "sturm und drang" angsty emotion stuff. nyahnyah.gif

@ Applied Cheese

Yeah, I'm probably going to use edge or something to make sure I paste him. On the plus side, being outside of the bar means I'm moving in the right direction with regards to the fire spirit: AWAY!!! biggrin.gif
Seth
@Zarantahn
I've got a character I've been itching to put on the streets for a while. I know making an entrance right now might be hard to work in, but I've got to go out of touch for the holiday weekend. I'll just toss a link to the character sheet and backstory, and hope for some feedback when I come home.

The major problem you have with the character is that it is a Nosferatu, and there are many (perhaps even most) characters that would geek you sooner than look at you.

There are two threads at the moment: Aria is running one and I am running one

In the thread Aria is running my character Jotamon and Alyena's character Doza would go a long way out of our way to find a Nosferatu and geek it, although we would be humane about it. Now there is a point that this is only if we know about it, but its very hard to conceal: Any assenssing mage will find out real quick, you'd have to maintain an illusion and my character is real perceptive...

In the thread I am running, I suspect that some of the characters would be fine about it, but some others would run away or try and geek you. I only suspect but don't know. Certainly the current NPCs interacting with the group (Molly and Hansai: espectially Hansai) would form a hunting party and chase you into the ground raising the villagers with flame throwers (times have moved on) if they got the slightest whiff of a hint that you existed.

There are threads that could support a Nosferatu easily (I am playing a Vampire in a different more angsty, dark and depressed thread) but my feeling is that the two threads active now aren't those.

Other comments:
Nosferatu are crippled with a lack of BPs, its very hard to squeeze stuff in, so I think you made good choices: drain stats high, and some social skills to back that nice charisma. I would look at your spell list though: when that mob comes for you what are you going to do? Invisibility mostly doesn't work in shadowrun (too much radar, thermal, sonar, chemical sensors, assensing people...) but physical mask is good. You probably want Mob Mind or stun ball or levitate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012