Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 28 2011, 10:48 AM) *
@ Aria:

I saw that thread and it looks awesome, but I was confused by the rules. If you don't mind me stumbling along, I might give it a try. I've always wanted to play Eclipse Phase... XD

It's leaning a bit more towards Cuthulutech at the moment but with EP influences!

I'm guessing it's the character gen that is confusing? - I'll try and put a simplified version in the new recruitment thread - in essence, create a 400BP character, increased equipment availability and a few other bonuses - make sure you buy some big armour / big guns biggrin.gif +in game opportunity to tweak/rewrite your character...

...and you'd certainly be very welcome smile.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria:

Cthulhutech??? EVEN BETTER!!! XD

Awesome, I'll reread the rules and put a character together. Part of the confusing stuff for me is just learning Shadowrun. I'm still learning the game, and I pretty much stayed quietly sequestered in the magician corner until recently (because rules for them seemed pretty easy compared to other stuff: see it, zap it, soak it or get drained, or just summon a spirit to take care of it for you nyahnyah.gif).
Seth
@SuicideKings
OnlyGhostDancesWhenDrunk will be a couple more days I suspect, so I think we are on hold for a few days. Thanks for moving the game into the parking lot (pun intended). It's worth ICing the meeting with Ember.

Friendbot2000
The recruitment thread for my bounty hunter campaign, Hunter's Pursuit, has officially been posted. I am also going to use that as the OOC thread as well. So if you are interested, feel free to post so. Recruitment is always open by the way.

@Seth
Well, why you are waiting for him you could always post in response to Ajax's questions nyahnyah.gif
AppliedCheese
Using the jack rabbit hack from page 37 to boost a delivery van:

(Hack 2 + Exploit 4/6 due to link) = 6d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3199095/

Through the firewall in 1, and crash the analyze in 2 more. Account enabled.

Now for the actual boosting part

(Log 6 + hardware 4 + maglocks 2 + maglock passkey 4) = 16d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3199099/
5 hits

Open sesame.
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
Ok sorry for the delay all, hadnt read the hacking rules in ages so this will prob look messy. However I was deliberately trying to power down this techno so as not to munchkinize too badly but still be effective. I still havent spent the 10 karma yet as I wanted to see about submerging fairly close to game start or whether I could learn widget crafting echo from my free sprite contact Aether. Any comments appreciated as I know its rough looking.

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Seth
@OnlyGhostDancesWhenDrunk
Thanks for not making a munchkin Technomancer with 30 die in everything. The character looks fine.
  • Attributes: All look OK.
  • Qualities: Nice choices I think. The astral hazing is going to cause you serious issues: You can absolutely have it (I have a technomancer with it, and have quite a lot of 'fun' with it), but no one likes you. You are banned from pubs / clubs. No place that has any magical security will let you in. Spirits all hate you (their non sustained powers affect you just fine). Mages tend to hate you (and their combat spells affect you just fine). It's a great role-playing tool, but just be aware that it makes you a loner, and that it is a disadvantage.
  • Skills: It was obviously deliberate that you made cracking /electronics 3, I'd make it cracking 4/electronics 2 or vice versa...but YMMV. You have put a lot of points into registering. Just be aware that in order to start the game with any registered sprites, you need to spend bp on your registered sprites... and they take ages to summon.
  • CFs: all look good. Just be aware that if you use databombs, so will the bad guys. Currently I don't use them because they come under the Mutually Assured Destruction pact between players and GMs, and because they were obviously added to the game without playtesting them. If the bad guys use them, they will probably kill you, no saving throw.
  • Skillsofts: We are using SR4a, so skill softs are 10,000 nuyen per point, pirated ones are 1,000 nuyen per rating, and cost 1000 per month to maintain at their current level. (I think they raised the prices assuming all runners would use the pirated versions). It works out about 42K for yours with about 14K/month that you have to spend to maintain them.
  • Mundane programs. Can you see if you can find a good reference for technomancer/mundane program cross over (I looked but failed).
Seth
@DysfunctionalFamily
I missed your ealier questions Ajax, I hope I answered them.
I have slightly misrepresented the truth in the story I gave: I deliberately left Jamie out of it
I also left out Isaac (sorry Isaac: you are being a bit short changed here...don't know how to get you into this bit at the moment...It's easy once we leave)

@SuicideKings
I'll try and get OnlyGhostDancesWhenDrunk into the story tonight.
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 26 2011, 01:47 PM) *
Your knowledge roll reveals that there are two primary ways this camera could be rigged. If it is a scanning camera, it would usually have a break/crush wire in the ball that will send up an alert if the ball is removed and the circuit trips. That can be bypassed by the expedient of cutting away part of the ball.

Attempting this will take about 6 seconds, and a hardware roll with 2 successes.

On the other side of the spectrum, stationary cameras often incorporate a simple laser system that will send an alert if the glass in front of it moves past certain tolerances. These are much harder to disable, since just cutting the glass may result in tripping the alarm if the laser stops reflecting.

A much slower and precise disabling of the camera will take an extended hardware test (6), with any roll less than 2 successes setting it off.

For throwing water on it: Its possible that you can severely distort the image until the water rolls off. This will buy you a one time chance at the lock (Log + hardware + magkey) (3 needed) with the magkey. A second burst will probably buy time to get in if you rush thew door afterward. Any more than that and the crew may wonder what this one particular camera keeps getting smacked. (They'll make INT tests for every "turn" beyond 2 you use this)

Ok, here goes
  • move close, trusting chamo and spirit conceal, and spray lost of misty water onto the lens
  • frag the lock: Log+Hardware+adept+passkey+PuSHed 15D = 6 hits ork.gif
  • spray some more
  • get everyone through, hope nobody notices nyahnyah.gif
  • is there somewhere I can access the maglock from inside to plug in my spare commlink to give Khalil access? Preferably out of immediate sight but I guess anyone coming in will see the lock has been tampered with, hopefully our overwatch decker could quash any alarms if he's in the system...?!?
AppliedCheese
@ I'm on a Boat
Which raises the point of the overwatch decker...now that you have Khalil, I've been assuming hes in that role...the maglock is on the other side as well, looks like a doubledied system. Also of interest is that the door has a clear manual wheel lock which is open. No electronics, no key, just good old brute strength to close or open them. A safety measure for when you need to seal parts of the ship after elctiricity has gone out or such.

You find yourself facing exactly one such door to your front which leads to some administrative offices and the sick bay, and one to your right, which your mapsoft ARO confirms goes to the stairs, all four stories of them.

@ SK

First aid for ember (log 6 + skill 1 + medikit 6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3200258/
5 hits
I assume my kit is now empty
QUOTE (Seth @ Sep 28 2011, 10:44 PM) *
Thanks for not making a munchkin Technomancer with 30 die in everything. The character looks fine.
  • Attributes: All look OK.
  • Qualities: Nice choices I think. The astral hazing is going to cause you serious issues: You can absolutely have it (I have a technomancer with it, and have quite a lot of 'fun' with it), but no one likes you. You are banned from pubs / clubs. No place that has any magical security will let you in. Spirits all hate you (their non sustained powers affect you just fine). Mages tend to hate you (and their combat spells affect you just fine). It's a great role-playing tool, but just be aware that it makes you a loner, and that it is a disadvantage.
  • Skills: It was obviously deliberate that you made cracking /electronics 3, I'd make it cracking 4/electronics 2 or vice versa...but YMMV. You have put a lot of points into registering. Just be aware that in order to start the game with any registered sprites, you need to spend bp on your registered sprites... and they take ages to summon.
  • CFs: all look good. Just be aware that if you use databombs, so will the bad guys. Currently I don't use them because they come under the Mutually Assured Destruction pact between players and GMs, and because they were obviously added to the game without playtesting them. If the bad guys use them, they will probably kill you, no saving throw.
  • Skillsofts: We are using SR4a, so skill softs are 10,000 nuyen per point, pirated ones are 1,000 nuyen per rating, and cost 1000 per month to maintain at their current level. (I think they raised the prices assuming all runners would use the pirated versions). It works out about 42K for yours with about 14K/month that you have to spend to maintain them.
  • Mundane programs. Can you see if you can find a good reference for technomancer/mundane program cross over (I looked but failed).

Kk about astral hazing, was trying to add rp- flavor to his mental trauma. About compiling sr4 (i dont have access to sr4a so that may be the dif) says that its a non extended test and only a complex action....

About Databomb, I was mainly only planning on sticking it on my bionode so no gimmicky hacking of my bionode happens but if thats how you see it I can just change it out and maybe thread it if i feel like im being invaded.

About the skillsofts: that blows frown.gif dont have sr4a so thats a huge difference. SR4 states that technos can use the progs they just find it backwards and have to have 2 sets of the skills (hence the skillsofts for rp flavor). SUre he hates them and thinks their clunky, but they are a link to the life he always wanted.

Ill play with him a bit more and see what I can do.
Notsoevildm
@Seth:

Casting F3 Heal on Ember after he's been patched up by Dealer:
Spellcasting 3 + Magic 3 + Edge 2 = 8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2 - every little helps right!
Resisting drain: (DV-2)S = 8d6.hits(5)=1 - 1 hit and a glitch.

Edge 2/2
Physical dmg 0/11
Stun damage (4)/11 - negated by stim patch
+ whatever drain she gets from glitched healing attempt.
Seth
Kk about astral hazing, was trying to add rp- flavor to his mental trauma.

I think it will...I think it fits with the rest of your character...just saying people will hate you. Mind you as a borderline sociopath (looking at the rest of you skills/qualities) will that really matter.
QUOTE (Seth @ Sep 29 2011, 10:36 AM) *
I think it will...I think it fits with the rest of your character...just saying people will hate you. Mind you as a borderline sociopath (looking at the rest of you skills/qualities) will that really matter.

Well how about this then; could you rule that, unlike most astral hazing it increases or decreases according to the person that im dealing with (ie super unfamiliar/enemy and its at full rating, if im interacting primarily with trusted associates etc and if my life is going ok, that it decreases? I think rp-wise that would really reflect his emotional swings... if not I may switch it for one of the other qualities.

Also how do you rule that data bombs work? I thought you get the perception test to notice it once you run the hack so you can try to disarm it, only goes off if you trigger it after failing to notice/defuse?

As well, you never said yay or nay about learning widget crafting from aether?
LostProxy
@I'm on a Boat

Not sure what I'm going to do. I'll simply send a message to the others as a free action looking for their input.
Seth
Well how about this then; could you rule that, unlike most astral hazing it increases or decreases according to the person that im dealing with (ie super unfamiliar/enemy and its at full rating, if im interacting primarily with trusted associates etc and if my life is going ok, that it decreases? I think rp-wise that would really reflect his emotional swings... if not I may switch it for one of the other qualities.

Just play it as it, or swap it. It's "only" a 20bp disadvantage, so it is no worse than uncouth. It doesn't come with free "enemies", it just means that many people won't like you. It is a lot safer than say flashback or enemies. I played a technomancer with it, and used it as the reason that I was permanently grumpy and a social pariah.

The databombs issue isn't imoprtant. Having throught about it: if we played them as a big obvious ticking bomb in the middle of the node / guarding the file, and people have to say "yes fully knowing it's a databomb I am going to access it" I don't have any issues.

My issues were:
Databombs trigger if you access a node or file when unauthorized...so that is like every node or file that a PC is likely to be in. The rules say "you can see it with a matrix perception" but normally that means you need to take a free or simple action, and remember to do it. If you forget, or you roll badly: boom...and you are probably dead. The rules are not clear on what "unauthorized means".

Databombs are basically utterly broken. Look at the damage code: its unlike anything else and can easily kill anyone.I'm nervous about PCs having, or being attacked with damage codes doing X times a D6 damage. With average threading you would be doing 7ish * D6. So on a 1 that's 7 damage (very high for matrix combat) with a 2 or more the target is just dead. On average die that is around 24 damage. The highest damage code I normally see people using is 12 with grenades, and they are risky.

On a more important note are you OK if I write you into SuicideKings? We can do that without your character being finalized.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Sep 29 2011, 04:40 PM) *
@Seth:

Casting F3 Heal on Ember after he's been patched up by Dealer:
Spellcasting 3 + Magic 3 + Edge 2 = 8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2 - every little helps right!
Resisting drain: (DV-2)S = 8d6.hits(5)=1 - 1 hit and a glitch.

Edge 2/2
Physical dmg 0/11
Stun damage (4)/11 - negated by stim patch
+ whatever drain she gets from glitched healing attempt.

Can someone tell me what damage Ember has now (too lazy to look the first aid rules up at the moment) - does 5 hits remove 5 damage or do I need to make a healing roll now?!?

Thanks for the heal Copperhead - it does mean that Ember can't heal himself now but that's ok smile.gif

I suspect a stint in Molly's chamber would be a seriously good idea (unless I really am on only one box of physical after all that miraculous first aid?)!!!

@I'm on a Boat (or anyone else that knows): can Silk remove the maglock cover (that bit should be easy enough) and wire in a commlink to give Khalil wifi access to the network? It's always struck me that that was a key roll for the infiltrator but I don't think I've seen anything like a rule for it?!?
AppliedCheese
Yes, you can splice/tap into physical security systems that are hardwired. However, the Maglock is not. Its the functional equivalent of a hotel key card lock at the moment. However, any camera, sensors, or linked items you can certainly do.
Aria
Bugger - time to find a camera then nyahnyah.gif Can't have Khalil twiddling his thumbs and I've no real desire to go back outside...

...turning the wheel to lock the door might be a good idea?!? They'd have to come round another way at least...
Zaranthan
@I'm On A Boat

Ah, wards. So much fun. If I'm reading page 194 correctly, I don't even have a chance to drop the spell before blundering through it, so it's an opposed test of Forcex2. If I win, the spell stays, if I lose, it's disrupted. Either way, whoever made the ward knows something is trying to bust its way in.
F4 Physical Mask vs. Ward (8d6.hits(5)=5)
Oh, sure, dice. NOW you get all hot for me.

Would a spirit with Logic/Intuition of 1 know any better? On the one hand, it kinda looks like a wall. On the other hand, most astral forms can slip past/through each other unharmed. I'm not sure. If my little pet does try to follow me, here's his roll, too.
F1 Spirit of Earth vs. Ward (2d6.hits(5)=0)
Critical glitch! Poor little guy. You were so good to me. If I get out of this alive, I'll summon you again and we can play marbles for a while.
QUOTE (Seth @ Sep 29 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Just play it as it, or swap it. It's "only" a 20bp disadvantage, so it is no worse than uncouth. It doesn't come with free "enemies", it just means that many people won't like you. It is a lot safer than say flashback or enemies. I played a technomancer with it, and used it as the reason that I was permanently grumpy and a social pariah.

The databombs issue isn't imoprtant. Having throught about it: if we played them as a big obvious ticking bomb in the middle of the node / guarding the file, and people have to say "yes fully knowing it's a databomb I am going to access it" I don't have any issues.

My issues were:
Databombs trigger if you access a node or file when unauthorized...so that is like every node or file that a PC is likely to be in. The rules say "you can see it with a matrix perception" but normally that means you need to take a free or simple action, and remember to do it. If you forget, or you roll badly: boom...and you are probably dead. The rules are not clear on what "unauthorized means".

Databombs are basically utterly broken. Look at the damage code: its unlike anything else and can easily kill anyone.I'm nervous about PCs having, or being attacked with damage codes doing X times a D6 damage. With average threading you would be doing 7ish * D6. So on a 1 that's 7 damage (very high for matrix combat) with a 2 or more the target is just dead. On average die that is around 24 damage. The highest damage code I normally see people using is 12 with grenades, and they are risky.

On a more important note are you OK if I write you into SuicideKings? We can do that without your character being finalized.

Im ok with everyone (whos a techno etc since mine would be resonance based) getting a shot at autopercieving, and maybe doing a houserule for normal hackers like mundanes can see magic (the 6-f rule) where its 6-rating (options count as 1 pt of rating) to notice something odd.

Go for it and write me in smile.gif. I think I will stick with the astral hazing
AppliedCheese
@ I'm on a boat

-Robert: Your mask holds. As you might have guessed from the IC, your little earth spirit tags along behind you, guarding you faithfully, right up to the point where he disintegrates. As you probably also guessed, the magical security corp that set the wards is now aware that something has tripped the ward, but they don't know what specifically.

-Syrhan: Same rolls as robert to sustain through the ward.

-General: If anyone wants to roll a magical security knowledge test (Log + Security Practices - 2), I'll outline the process likely to happen as a result of the ward trip.

-Silk: It will slow entry to that door. For doors facing the exterior, pretty much the only way in once wheel locked is to cut/blow/burn your way in. For interior doors, there's a wheel lock on each side - no one wants to be trapped inside a sinking boat, or find that the wave crashed over the side where you couldn't physically seal it.. Its still a pain in the ass to open or close though. A STR x 2 extended test with 8 successes, teamwork allowed.
Seth
@SuicideKings
I've been quiet while we got sorted out from the Allanby's warehouse, and waiting for our new Decker to join us. I'm starting bring him in now: hence the contact from Hansai. Any paranoids that think it's just to stop you scrubbing the commlinks: should feel even more paranoid.

Seth
@OnTheBoat
Normally: The earth spirit cannot accidentally bump into the ward: he can attack it or not go in. Only if he has no choice (like dual natured in a lift moving through a ward) will he make the "go through or be disrupted" roll. Mind you a critical glitch...
Also normally: wards cannot move with respect to the gaiasphere...mind you this vessel is so big that I think it should act as it's own frame of reference. I prefer the idea that magic is shaped by expectations.

However wards work on spells, so as you say security now knows.... This is a good use for Watchers by the way: sit on my shoulder and tell me if you see a ward.

I'm currently dual natured so I see the ward. Normally I would cancel spells/deactivate foci go through the ward and call the spirit on the far side. Takes a few seconds, but doesn't require any rolls apart from spell casting. However the alarm is up so time to Slice N Dice!

Chop chop at the ward.
Rolls: 3, 5, and 5
Base damage 7P, so that 10P, 12P and 12P. (I always have to reread the chopping through barriers rules each time: it's on p166 or sr4a). That takes me 1 combat round.

By the way I considered summoning a spirit outside the ward and using some cunning con to talk to anyone that arrived "message for you sir", if nothing else that would be a delaying tactic. However as a dark goddess follower, the direct approach appealed much more!

@Zaranthan
I think I learnt something from this: when a mage with active spells lurking around, always have astral perception up or a watcher to tell you of wards. I normally don't because of the -2 but I think I will in the future.

@AppliedCheese
Just to be clear how far behind Silk are we, and how far from the door to the bridge? We have every possibility of combat real soon, and I'd like not to make a stupid mistake because of not understanding the geography.
seth any ruling on the last bit in my post about aether?
AppliedCheese
You are about 4 stories of stairs to get to the bridge hallway. Also, while the magical alert is automatic (ish), I'm sure there's a series of bureaucracy to be undertook before it "all hands, man your battle stations." Said secuirty roll will let you know what. Granted, chopping it to pieces probably accelearted the conclusion on the thing...

hay, at least the Firewatch is busy responding to that shootout with gamma at the Drunken Drone right now.
Seth
Sorry I didn't notice I had a question to answer. It's hard with such a heavy traffic thread. Yes of course you can have widget crafting, and getting your free sprite to help is good fluff.

A databomb in your node is fine.

Hansai Jones is a Knight Errant guy that your Knight Errant friend Maggie has had you working for. You've done a couple of jobs for him in the past: mostly data steals from mobsters. He pays on time, and so far has been straight with you. On a couple of occasions you've said "that's too dangerous" and he has been OK with it.

Can you write your intro piece in which Hansai contacts you. I started it, but I felt it would be better if you set where you were living / what you were doing when the commlink comes.

Hansai says

<<Mr Green. Thanks for the excellent work on the Marcelli outfit. I appreciate that it is very late at night, but I have an urgent and important task for you. A very bad man is framing some acquaintainces of mine. My partner and two of my close personal friends have been killed or seriously injured in the last 2 hours, so I hope you understand that I am feeling rather emotional at the moment (he doesn't sound emotional).

I believe that these acquaintainces of mine have some evidence that they need a person of your skill level to deal with. I also think that there is likely to be a black operation against a hard target with some serious matrix defences, as well as the physical defences. Are you available? Here <ARO Link> is a summary of what I suspect.>>

In the summary you get the briefing that I gave in the OOC section. Basically Mr Teague wanted Allanby's band the Concrete Spectres, and also suspected he was being investigated for serious fraud. He killed one of the investigators/Allanby, faked a will, framed up the SuicideKings and settled back to let Knight Errant do his dirty work.
Aria
We'll make him regret that! ork.gif
Friendbot2000
@Aria

I gave Ajax a little one time "contact" of a small chinese restaurant owner that he did a job for. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if I had him owe me a favor for some pro bono work I did for him. All the pay off is for him to let us use his restaurant as a meeting place. Nothing big enough to label him as a contact on my sheet. I hope that is okay, I thought it added a little flavor to my gumshoe smile.gif

I also purchased some things with my weekly nuyen. Do you need a list of them?

@Seth
I have a feeling that Ajax and Jotamon are going to be good friends wink.gif
Friendbot2000
Seth, did you just call Ajax "Ma'am??? XD
Seth
Well you went all school mistressy on me...

Emotions don't come over well in plain text...but Jotamon was amused and slightly touched
Friendbot2000
@Seth

Yeah, Ajax is a pretty commanding type that takes charge of situations. He is successful by the force of his personality. I kind of designed him after Sherlock Holmes actually. He kind of puts you off balance and then gets you to do what he wants by sheer personality, but yeah, he takes care of people he works with. He is a good guy to have on your side.

On a side note: Hansai you are a sneaky devil wink.gif I approve smile.gif

By the way Seth, I know that Jotamon is pretty used to taking the lead socially in Dysfunctional Family, but I think it would be best if Ajax took the social stuff for now. Granted he doesn't have as much power as you do, but I think it would be best if you played the straight man with a sucker punch card of mafia connections. We could use you as a back up gun socially and I think that would provide a good synergy to our team. In situations where I don't have the clout to break the ice, you can come in and put a shock to their system. I think that would work better and you wouldn't have to drop your name all the time, something I am sure your character would appreciate seeing as it really isn't smart for a made man to be too public about his affiliations.

I was also thinking that a good synergy you and I could have on the social front would be a good cop, bad cop type of relationship. You of course would be the good cop, I would be the bad cop. You are more gentle with your words that Ajax is so you are prime good cop material. Ajax is off-putting and likes to get peoples feathers ruffled when he is interrogating them/questioning them. Someone who's personal space or boundaries are being infringed upon are more likely to slip up and tell more than they want to. You on the other hand seem to coax information out of people. We could be a great team if we came up with a strategy.

On a dice stand point I am pretty sure I roll more for social tests due to some Empathy Software R5 I picked up at character creation. It adds its rating to all social tests I make while using it and it can be used in real time without penalties. I have about three ranks in every social skill but intimidation, which is at one. I plan on increasing that with karma later. that paired with a four charisma makes about 12-13 dice in total I am rolling.

As a side note I also have lie detection software, weapon watcher software, and vehicle identification software. Weapon watcher is something that allows me to figure out what weapon is firing and triangulate where it was firing from, lie detection is obvious, and vehicle identification allows me to identify vehicles by their make and model etc. Very useful for a PI smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Friendbot2000 @ Oct 1 2011, 11:39 PM) *
@Aria
I gave Ajax a little one time "contact" of a small chinese restaurant owner that he did a job for. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if I had him owe me a favor for some pro bono work I did for him. All the pay off is for him to let us use his restaurant as a meeting place. Nothing big enough to label him as a contact on my sheet. I hope that is okay, I thought it added a little flavor to my gumshoe smile.gif

No problem!

Are there any DF questions that Alice hasn't answered? This thread keeps running away - which is great but means GMs miss things nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 29 2011, 12:43 PM) *
@ SK
First aid for ember (log 6 + skill 1 + medikit 6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3200258/
5 hits
I assume my kit is now empty

So that's 3 boxes healed...and 2 from Copperhead's spell...wow, only got 1 box of physical and 7 stun (after the hour when the stim patch wears off) nyahnyah.gif
Rolled to heal stun (assuming we have some downtime now...?!?) and it will take 2 hours to be rid of it all

BTW, it might not be strictly RAW but I'm going to leave some nasty scars on Ember to help Seth feel really guilty biggrin.gif ...oh, and he would like a chance to bind a couple of spirits so will probably opt for the evening attack tomorrow (assuming we let Hansai lead us by the nose...)

@I'm on a Boat: took some liberties with Silk's post, I can roll jumping etc if really called for but 4:1 should do the trick plus great leap and her strength boost...?!?
AppliedCheese
You put long and high jumpers alike to shame, and cover a clean 7 feet of vertical and horizontal in one mighty leap.
Aria
Silk might be an 'artisan' but she's got more than a touch of freerunner in her too smile.gif
Seth
On a dice stand point I am pretty sure I roll more for social tests due to some Empathy Software R5 I picked up at character creation. It adds its rating to all social tests I make while using it and it can be used in real time without penalties. I have about three ranks in every social skill but intimidation, which is at one. I plan on increasing that with karma later. that paired with a four charisma makes about 12-13 dice in total I am rolling.

Bah: I am the mini-maxer extraordinaire: I too have rating 6 empathy software, and the hardware to run it on. I usually don't use it though: it just encourages the GM to use it for all his characters.
I also have the influence skill group at 4, and 5 die from cyber ware (if I am physically near them). So that is 12 die w/o empathy software or 18 die with. Like yourself I don't have intimidate, although I am tempted to buy it.

I'm happy though for you to take the lead socially, and can always roll to support: that being the good cop/bad cop approach.

Let's see how it works out smile.gif

Friendbot2000
I wonder if anyone will catch the thinly veiled reference I inserted into my last post biggrin.gif
LostProxy
Looks like I'm going back. Good thing hacking on the fly is only a complex action. Going for Admin again. I don't care if they spot me.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3204360/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3204385/

Woah, nice rolls. Is that enough to make it in?

If so the moment I get in with Admin access my first action will be deleting the accounts of Admin/Security users. That should cause a nice little distraction.
kk will get a post up tonight. sorry for the delay BUT: biggrin.gif I got engaged last night biggrin.gif so thats a decent reason for being awol imo.

KK post up, need a couple things, what exactly did I find with the Marcelli outfit etc and what were the consequences? I made a space in there for him to have been caught being stupid with the data if thats whats driving him.

Also, need to do some snooping on Mr. Hansai:

Data search for stuff on Hansai:

threading up a browse CF:

res 4 + Software 3 + analtyical mind 2 = 9 dice

9d6.hits(5) → [3,3,6,6,6,3,5,4,1] = (4)

fading resistance:

will 6 + res 4 = 10 dice

10d6.hits(5) → [6,1,6,4,5,6,1,4,6,3] = (5)

no stun

Data Search 3 + analytical mind 2 + threaded browse 4 = 9

9d6.hits(5) → [4,4,4,1,2,4,4,2,1] = (0)
9d6.hits(5) → [2,1,3,6,6,1,3,2,2] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [5,5,6,6,6,4,6,1,2] = (6)
9d6.hits(5) → [1,1,6,4,2,4,4,2,5] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,6,6,2,4,2,6,4] = (3)
9d6.hits(5) → [4,1,4,5,5,3,3,2,3] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [5,1,2,4,2,5,3,1,3] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [2,2,1,1,5,3,2,3,3] = (1)
9d6.hits(5) → [3,6,2,4,3,4,2,1,2] = (1)
9d6.hits(5) → [6,4,2,5,5,4,1,5,1] = (4)

Tell me what my elf eyes see biggrin.gif

Seth
With extended tests, you get one less die each time your roll on the same thing. I usually stop when my die pool gets to 5ish to reduce the chance of those nasty critical glitches. (You didn't get any of those).

You find the following on Hansai
[ Spoiler ]

In addition you have worked for him a few times, and found him very straight. If you say you will do something he expects you to do it. If he says he will do something, he does it. He appears to be rolling >20 die on sense motive, so he doesn't put up with bullshit.

@friendbot
I wonder if anyone will catch the thinly veiled reference I inserted into my last post

I'd put RFID chips in children too if I was a school mistress.

Edit: Spotted a continuity error. I put Yanaga mentioning his wife...edited it to his fiancee
AppliedCheese
-Khalil : Which node are you cracking into? Your getting in, even with admin, by your second round. I just need to know what to roll vs your stealth.
Notsoevildm
@Seth, Suicide Kings:

If the gents drop me off, then it should be somewhere within walking distance of 'where my mum did her dirty laundry'. You should get Aria to add that location to the map!

Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Oct 3 2011, 02:17 AM) *
kk will get a post up tonight. sorry for the delay BUT: biggrin.gif I got engaged last night biggrin.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!! smile.gif
AppliedCheese
All I hear is "technomance is busy playing with the real world". For shame, don't you know PBP comes first?
Alyena
@ onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk

sorry for the delay BUT: I got engaged last night

CONGRATULATIONS! Seconded!
JxJxA
grats, ghost
Notsoevildm
Gratz ghost! Hope you like PBP cos your chances of getting round a table with other roleplayers just went down the toilet. Unless your fiance is a roleplayer, in which case double gratz!
Friendbot2000
Congrats *pops open a bottle of champagne* Here's to you!

@Seth
You are a cheeky blighter you know that? nyahnyah.gif
Seth
I got engaged last night

Way to go ghost!
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Oct 3 2011, 06:01 AM) *
Gratz ghost! Hope you like PBP cos your chances of getting round a table with other roleplayers just went down the toilet. Unless your fiance is a roleplayer, in which case double gratz!

she is biggrin.gif I run games with her irl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012