Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 4 2013, 01:43 AM) *
LeFey is firing at the flagged enemy, or the nearest target if he's not in range.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) = 8d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955091/

5 hits.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) -1 recoil = 7d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955099/

0 hits, but it's not a glitch.

You could add a couple of dice to that for the tacnet.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 4 2013, 10:01 AM) *
You could add a couple of dice to that for the tacnet.

One of these days, obvious stuff like that is going to occur to me.
Aria
@E:Tribes, I’ve finally followed the route with the aid of the little man on Google maps and you can’t actually see the mall until you are past 31st Ave SE…it’s all uphill in that direction…so no LOS for calling for help! The advantage and disadvantage of Google maps lol! As we are all using it (I hope) it makes sense to try and be consistent with reality as long as it doesn’t hinder the game.

Attacker 1 is also at a bit of a disadvantage because the existing building is down a steep slope! For consistency I’ll say there’s a new block of now falling down apartments circa 2040 on the road edge which he is shooting from.

The bikes are approx. 50m south of the van so at head-on speeds you’ll be in ram range this round, the mono bike the next round. I won’t worry about chase combat as such yet unless you manage to evade them.

IC coming shortly!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 5 2013, 07:00 AM) *
@E:Tribes, I’ve finally followed the route with the aid of the little man on Google maps and you can’t actually see the mall until you are past 31st Ave SE…it’s all uphill in that direction…so no LOS for calling for help!  The advantage and disadvantage of Google maps lol!  As we are all using it (I hope) it makes sense to try and be consistent with reality as long as it doesn’t hinder the game.

Attacker 1 is also at a bit of a disadvantage because the existing building is down a steep slope! For consistency I’ll say there’s a new block of now falling down apartments circa 2040 on the road edge which he is shooting from.

The bikes are approx. 50m south of the van so at head-on speeds you’ll be in ram range this round, the mono bike the next round. I won’t worry about chase combat as such yet unless you manage to evade them.

IC coming shortly!
Just to note, wireless does not need optical line of sight.  Solid earth is a barrier, but the signal does bend / bounce a bit over the horizon.  With Fre∑dom deliberately off-grid, it does need mutual signal range though.  At your earlier quoted distance, that would be someone at both ends with at least signal 4.  Hence Sprogget's comment/thought that he was not quite close enough to raise Jazz himself.  In 'combat time', with other actions needed all over the place, it could take some IP's to connect though.  Say a free action to initiate a call (hit dial from the contact list), which may or may not connect, which may or may not be answered immediately.  With the matrix 'conference call' capability, it should be practical to 'dial' another call every used free action, while waiting to see if a previous is going to go through or not.

Sprogget's hack on the security sensor is an attempt to connect through another route, with some similar limitations.  A 'normal' node configuration will trigger an intruder security alert from a blatant hack like that, but depending on the situation, that might take time before someone at the mall is notified.  If someone is subscribed to the node the sensor is slaved to, they should notice quickly.  If not, the node would do it's 'scripted' ARC action UW65, which may or may not contact security personnel immediately, who may or not be paying attention.

Speaking of which, include the hack result in the IC.  If he got in [Firewall no higher than 2], Sprogget can take simple action to analyze node SR4A228/9, to try to find out if a user is in the node, or if there is a real time connection to the mall.  If not, he can use other freeavailable actions to hack other sensor nodes, trying to find one that will raise a real time alarm. Given the volume of sensors and nodes implied by the IC response to the signal check, some of the nodes could be fairly low level. The way I think I would handle that, would be to cluster several sensor nodes together, then slave the cluster to another node. That way only the security on those 'main' nodes counts, and there are fewer things for security to watch.
Peripheral Nodes UW48, Clusters UW55, Slaving UW55/59, Subscription Limit UW51, Need Subscription UW55
Cluster errata: To avoid conflicts in data routing, the cluster connects to the Matrix as a single node. One node is selected when the cluster is formed and this node provides the access ID for all persona and programs running on the cluster.
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Just a quick note to let you know I am back in town and will be getting some posts up this week.

@Aria/Chi town
I will also be posting for Copperhead. I have a few combat turns of actions in mind and given that Coppper only has one pass per turn, I just wanted to check how many turns I can post before the ghouls attack?

Turn 1: simple to retrieve stimpatch from medkit, simple to use stimpatch. Tell the boys to protect the kids
Turn 2: complex to attempt to summon a beast spirit.
Turn 3: simple to command spirit to aid me in finding and killing sniper ghoul. Move out to find sniper ghoul.

I did consider casting improved reflexes but with her limited dice pools, the -2 for sustaining just hurts too much.
karhig
@Virtual Scream / NSEDM
I got the date wrong on an earlier post. Cat shouldn't be in on September 3rd, she should still be on September 2nd, otherwise she's missed the entire meeting with Dubstep. Sorry for the mix up. I've corrected my posts.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 7 2013, 10:38 AM) *
@Virtual Scream / NSEDM
I got the date wrong on an earlier post. Cat shouldn't be in on September 3rd, she should still be on September 2nd, otherwise she's missed the entire meeting with Dubstep. Sorry for the mix up. I've corrected my posts.

Well spotted. Fixed my post too!
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 6 2013, 08:07 AM) *
@Aria/Chi town
I will also be posting for Copperhead. I have a few combat turns of actions in mind and given that Coppper only has one pass per turn, I just wanted to check how many turns I can post before the ghouls attack?

Turn 1: simple to retrieve stimpatch from medkit, simple to use stimpatch. Tell the boys to protect the kids
Turn 2: complex to attempt to summon a beast spirit.
Turn 3: simple to command spirit to aid me in finding and killing sniper ghoul. Move out to find sniper ghoul.

I did consider casting improved reflexes but with her limited dice pools, the -2 for sustaining just hurts too much.
You’ve got that much time! Bear in mind you also probably have enough karma / resources now to invest in combat or IP boosting drugs (cheap) or a spell lock and bonding costs (expensive but more holistic!). Multiple IPs will save your arse in this fight!

You may or may not have seen that I’m trying to send the other Promised Land lot your way…I just need to convince them IC ork.gif so there might be some cavalry around the corner!
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Mar 5 2013, 09:21 PM) *
Just to note, wireless does not need optical line of sight. Solid earth is a barrier, but the signal does bend / bounce a bit over the horizon. With Fre∑dom deliberately off-grid, it does need mutual signal range though. At your earlier quoted distance, that would be someone at both ends with at least signal 4. Hence Sprogget's comment/thought that he was not quite close enough to raise Jazz himself. In 'combat time', with other actions needed all over the place, it could take some IP's to connect though. Say a free action to initiate a call (hit dial from the contact list), which may or may not connect, which may or may not be answered immediately. With the matrix 'conference call' capability, it should be practical to 'dial' another call every used free action, while waiting to see if a previous is going to go through or not.

Sprogget's hack on the security sensor is an attempt to connect through another route, with some similar limitations. A 'normal' node configuration will trigger an intruder security alert from a blatant hack like that, but depending on the situation, that might take time before someone at the mall is notified. If someone is subscribed to the node the sensor is slaved to, they should notice quickly. If not, the node would do it's 'scripted' ARC action UW65, which may or may not contact security personnel immediately, who may or not be paying attention.

Speaking of which, include the hack result in the IC. If he got in [Firewall no higher than 2], Sprogget can take simple action to analyze node SR4A228/9, to try to find out if a user is in the node, or if there is a real time connection to the mall. If not, he can use other free actions to hack other sensor nodes, trying to find one that will raise a real time alarm. Given the volume of sensors and nodes implied by the IC response to the signal check, some of the nodes could be fairly low level. The way I think I would handle that, would be to cluster several sensor nodes together, then slave the cluster to another node. That way only the security on those 'main' nodes counts, and there are fewer things for security to watch.
Peripheral Nodes UW48, Clusters UW55, Slaving UW55/59, Subscription Limit UW51, Need Subscription UW55
Cluster errata: To avoid conflicts in data routing, the cluster connects to the Matrix as a single node. One node is selected when the cluster is formed and this node provides the access ID for all persona and programs running on the cluster.

Ok, think I followed all that…here’s my take on the Freedom security setup – feel free to challenge this or point out where my theories don’t match how the matrix currently functions nyahnyah.gif

There aren’t many of them so aim 1 is to go undetected. They don’t have patrols per se, they rely on the sensor network to spot trouble coming. The mall itself appears dilapidated but has been converted to a fortress complete with wifi inhibitors – network connections are via hardwired choke points that are periodically changed (as some degree of protection against trace attempts).

There are scattered micro drones, cameras and listening devices along the main approaches to the mall, getting denser the nearer you get. Some of these are on constantly, some on demand. As you pointed out most will be clustered & then slaved together to provide a unified feed so that they don’t all need monitoring. IC or sprites patrol the various hubs again due to lack of personnel. This far out the defences on the hubs are low because they prefer to rely on IC rather than firewalls, both will be high nearer the mall of course…

@E:Tribes

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Initiative:
Tweak Ini 16 (3IPs) Sprogget: Ini 11 (1IPs)/13 (3IPs) Scrapheap: Ini 12 (1IPs) Spring Ini 9 (1IPs) LeFey: Ini 8 (1IPs)

Combat order:

Pre combat: Sprogget goes past the Americar, Tweak crashes into it and Spring drives after, incoming fire from side building

1.1 Attacker 1 and 3 fire at the van, 2 goes towards the girl in the car, Sprogget swings the mono around, Spring closes on the van…Tweak’s drive action to swing around and protect Spring
1.2 Sprogget scans the area
1.3 Sprogget’s manoeuvring to begin attack run on attacker 3

2.1 Sprogget tries to run down attacker 3, LeFey fires at attacker 3 as they are inbound, Scrapheap shoots attacker 2, attacker 1 fires at the mono bike, no effect
2.2 Sprogget turns off stealth
2.3 Sprogget hacks a slaved surveillance node, Tweak races lumbers towards the new attackers

3.1 Sprogget bounced to central slave node, Accolon goes too, trace IC activated, LeFey fires twice at attacker 1, may or may not have hit. Tweak lines up on the Harley?!? Rust bucket Americar deploys a roof mounted AK, presumably someone will pop up behind it next rnd, pillion rider fires at van
3.2 Clash of the titans with van & Harley – I used one of Tweak’s vehicle rolls for ramming – you missed! You nearly dodged the attack, thankfully your damage resist roll takes the uber damage down to 2 boxes. Can you resist half that as biofeedback please? Technically you could edge re-roll any of this but I suspect the damage is minor enough not to warrant it? This time! You got your best rolls near the top of your lists ork.gif note: the first ram probably isn’t worth re-rolling, he got lots of hits!

RdMarquis
Just so you know, I plan on having Mordred agree to bring the Collots to Chicago (if the rest of the team is on board). It just might take a bit, as any rational person would never go anywhere near the CZ.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 7 2013, 10:30 AM) *
Ok, think I followed all that…here’s my take on the Freedom security setup – feel free to challenge this or point out where my theories don’t match how the matrix currently functions nyahnyah.gif

There aren’t many of them so aim 1 is to go undetected.  They don’t have patrols per se, they rely on the sensor network to spot trouble coming.  The mall itself appears dilapidated but has been converted to a fortress complete with wifi inhibitors – network connections are via hardwired choke points that are periodically changed (as some degree of protection against trace attempts).

There are scattered micro drones, cameras and listening devices along the main approaches to the mall, getting denser the nearer you get.  Some of these are on constantly, some on demand.  As you pointed out most will be clustered & then slaved together to provide a unified feed so that they don’t all need monitoring.  IC or sprites patrol the various hubs again due to lack of personnel.  This far out the defences on the hubs are low because they prefer to rely on IC rather than firewalls, both will be high nearer the mall of course…

.. snip ..

I'd vary some of the details about the hardwired connections, but nothing that will affect the current situation.  Want to make sure that the hardwired choke point does not also provide a monitoring point for capture wireless signal (SR4A229) or Intercept traffic (SR4A230), which would allow easy monitoring of all traffic in and out of Freedom.  Sit just outside of the choke point, and watch the traffic.

2.2 Turning off stealth was a free action.  This is the where the turn back north happens too.
2.3 Free action here was threading the exploit complex form, before the hack.
3.2 Sprogget IC post
Free Action, drop the exploit CF (don't need the minus for maintaining it)
Simple Action Analyze Icon
Simple Action Transmit Phrase (really free action, but use 2nd simple)

I'd thread to boost the Analyze CF rating, but does not seem quite right to drop one threaded CF and thread a new one in the same free action.  I want that 2nd simple action to send the message.

Analyze Icon: Matrix Perception: Computer(2)+Analyze(3)+TM bonus(2)+Hot Sim(2) (10d6.hits(5)=5) → [4,6,4,1,1,5,4,5,5,6]
<grin>who's your daddy?</grin>
Since matrix perception / analyze (SR4A229) provides 1 piece of information per (net) hit (if opposed by stealth), you can expand the details provided as you like, with information about the access ID / owner. That would provide maybe useful information, ONLY if Sprogget knows the Freedom member, since he could recognize the ID. It won't really have a name associated with it, but like assensing an astral signature, it can be recognized if seen before.

Actually Spring should currently be in the middle, since Sprogget was North of the stringer deployment point, to deal with shooter 2.  That is about to change though, since Sprogget is pushing that monocycle south fairly hard.

Changing targets to the Harley, trying to take it somewhat from the side.  Really targeting the mage, but don't think that would be RAW when ramming.  Does Harley get any minuses here?  Assuming Sprogget's ram will be in 3.3, and Harley driver has only 1IP, then that would be defending against the second attack in his round.  And I'm hoping the mage does not get another pass.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 7 2013, 06:30 PM) *
You’ve got that much time! Bear in mind you also probably have enough karma / resources now to invest in combat or IP boosting drugs (cheap) or a spell lock and bonding costs (expensive but more holistic!). Multiple IPs will save your arse in this fight!

You may or may not have seen that I’m trying to send the other Promised Land lot your way…I just need to convince them IC ork.gif so there might be some cavalry around the corner!

She does actually have a sustaining focus but the BG count knocked it out. If you're okay with it, she could find some Cram stashed in her medkit. She has used it before but was trying to keep off it to avoid getting addicted. Will definitely look into a spell lock once she gets out of Chicago.

I noticed. Yay, backup!
Notsoevildm
Some housekeeping for Copperhead.

She was on 4 boxes stun from the previous not by the rules mega-summoning. An R4 stim patch will take care of that, leaving her with one left.

Status P 0/11, S 0[4]/11

Initiative: 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=1 = 7, 1 pass

Summoning F[3]2 beast spirit: Magic [4]3 + Summoning 3 = 6d6.hits(5)=3
Spirit resists: Force 3d6.hits(5)=0 - 3 services
Resist 2S drain: Charisma 4 + Willpower 5 = 9d6.hits(5)=2 - no drain
Optional power: Venom

Trying to close on ghoul leader:
Running: Strength 5 - Defaulting 1 = 4d6.hits(5)=2
Aria
@E:PL / UK

Ok, I've gone some way towards giving you a legitimate reason to go to Chi Town to join the crazy Copperhead smile.gif Don't worry about the timeline difference, that ship would take a loooong time to get to the States...I can wangle that.

So, question is, do you want to play out getting to Bristol IC or just plan it OoC and then jump you to Chi Town to help Copperhead battle the ghouls? I don't want to detract from the UK storyline but equally it would help me out to join you up.
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Safely in Argent's link. Slater has just rebooted her chassis and given her the bad news. Aria to post. Note that it will take several hours to find anything on the matrix mainly because there is nothing but panic and guesswork initially. Only by early evening (around 7 PM), does the first useful information start to show up. You can make a Computer + Data Search roll to see what you find.

Mister J/Cipher - In nice comfy hospital bed reading his medical records. Currently on minus (lots) due to cocktail of drugs being pumped into him. Mister J to post.

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Just arrived at goon central. Made amazing perception testand has a location on bad guys. Chrome to post.

Slacker/Dubstep, Phlapjack77/Dante, kahrig/Cat - Cat has arrived. Currently making intros. Feel free to continue talking to each other but don't leave just yet!

MachineGhost/Sprogget - Hunter sprite out hunting. GM to post.

Uller/The Big Peat - Last seen lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Possibly killed by knife wielding troll.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 8 2013, 05:19 AM) *
@E:PL / UK

Ok, I've gone some way towards giving you a legitimate reason to go to Chi Town to join the crazy Copperhead smile.gif Don't worry about the timeline difference, that ship would take a loooong time to get to the States...I can wangle that.

So, question is, do you want to play out getting to Bristol IC or just plan it OoC and then jump you to Chi Town to help Copperhead battle the ghouls? I don't want to detract from the UK storyline but equally it would help me out to join you up.

Well, if nothing else, I'd like to post a scene for Mordred's initiation rite. Maybe add that Nick and Morgan are sending him some files. I plan on tacking on some new knowledge skills.

I don't suppose the adventure so far would qualify as a Deed? wink.gif
Dakka Fiend
@ E:Tibes, Aria:
Tweak lines up on the Harley?!?

Wanted to hit one of the crotch rockets but hey, missing a fat Harley sounds funnier than an agile crotch rocket, so I'll take the Harley - well, technically I don't. wink.gif

3.2 [b]Clash of the titans with van & Harley – I used one of Tweak’s vehicle rolls for ramming – you missed! You nearly dodged the attack, thankfully your damage resist roll takes the uber damage down to 2 boxes. Can you resist half that as biofeedback please?

Heh, got lucky on the first, future hits not so cool.
Willpower 3 + no Biofeedback Filter programme = 3 dice for
[6,1,6] = (2)
[2,3,1] = (0)
[4,3,5] = (1)
[5,3,1] = (1)
[4,2,2] = (0)
JxJxA
Today is the day I'll get a post up. x_x
JxJxA
@ Aria and E:PL/UK: I'm happy to have GM Handwavium take us to Chicago---provided I get to pick up supplies along the way! x_x I'm running on empty despite having nuyen coming out of my ears! DX
RdMarquis
Some accessories would be nice, too. I just realized I had an infrared flashlight without any way to see it.

Honestly, when you mentioned leaving the country, I was wondering if Mordred would have to childproof (hide the guns and his mom's sword, etc.) his apartment so the Collots could lay low until further notice.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 10 2013, 09:29 AM) *
Some accessories would be nice, too. I just realized I had an infrared flashlight without any way to see it.

Honestly, when you mentioned leaving the country, I was wondering if Mordred would have to childproof (hide the guns and his mom's sword, etc.) his apartment so the Collots could lay low until further notice.

Supplies and accessories can be gleaned en-route (you should have enough funds from posting for some gear!), all I really need you to tell me now then is whether or not you try and get away from here on foot or steel the remaining corp landrover and drive away in that? Or some other plan entirely...?!?

QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 8 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Well, if nothing else, I'd like to post a scene for Mordred's initiation rite. Maybe add that Nick and Morgan are sending him some files. I plan on tacking on some new knowledge skills.

I don't suppose the adventure so far would qualify as a Deed? wink.gif

That's fine, is it a solo initiation? Not sure so far would count, going to the CZ would definitely qualify though!!!
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 11 2013, 05:58 AM) *
Supplies and accessories can be gleaned en-route (you should have enough funds from posting for some gear!), all I really need you to tell me now then is whether or not you try and get away from here on foot or steel the remaining corp landrover and drive away in that? Or some other plan entirely...?!?

That's fine, is it a solo initiation? Not sure so far would count, going to the CZ would definitely qualify though!!!

I'll have to pay the full amount of karma to initiate, then.

As for our escape, I think foot would be safer than doubling back and stealing a car (which would probably be under guard).
karhig
@Virtual Scream / Slacker, Phlapjack77

Cat is waiting for Dubstep to introduce her. She can introduce herself, but I think in China it's considered quite rude to introduce yourself instead of being introduced by a mutual third party, and I think Cat would know the proper etiquette. Not sure if that was clear from my last post so I'm clarifying to make sure the story isn't blocked on me. If Dubstep isn't inclined, Cat will introduce herself after a short delay.
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 12 2013, 10:48 AM) *
@Virtual Scream / Slacker, Phlapjack77

Cat is waiting for Dubstep to introduce her. She can introduce herself, but I think in China it's considered quite rude to introduce yourself instead of being introduced by a mutual third party, and I think Cat would know the proper etiquette. Not sure if that was clear from my last post so I'm clarifying to make sure the story isn't blocked on me. If Dubstep isn't inclined, Cat will introduce herself after a short delay.

Yeah, sorry about that, i missed seeing you were there until just a little while ago. Funny that i was already typing up an IC post when you posted this OOC comment.
mister__joshua
I've got my next 2 posts in my head (one for each character) but I haven't had time to get them down yet. I'll try this week....
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: New post up, any negative mods I need to know before I roll an Infiltrate test?
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 12 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Yeah, sorry about that, i missed seeing you were there until just a little while ago. Funny that i was already typing up an IC post when you posted this OOC comment.

I'm creepy like that biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Mar 12 2013, 05:58 PM) *
@NSEDM: New post up, any negative mods I need to know before I roll an Infiltrate test?
Straight roll, I can always knock dice off later!
Slacker
@NotsoevilGM - Virtual Scream: Dubstep/Cat/Dante
Once Cat and Dante hand their commlinks over to him, he will log back into the Mitsuhama Nexus system to move their fragments off their commlinks and onto the system. Any rolls needed for this? Also, any noticeable change to those fragments I have left on the Nexus already?

Also:
[ Spoiler ]
ChromeZephyr
@NSEDM: Agility 4 + Infiltrate 4 = 1 hit. That sucked.
Using Edge to reroll misses. = 3 hits. 4 hits, total. 1 Edge remaining until refresh.
ChromeZephyr
@Aria: On the start of the next Combat Turn, Scrapheap is going to spend an Edge point to get a second IP, bringing his total to 2. 3 Edge remaining until refresh
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 13 2013, 05:14 AM) *
Dubstep will also take the time to setup a reusable exploit on both commlinks just in case he ever needs it

That's just not nice smile.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 12 2013, 07:34 PM) *
That's just not nice smile.gif

Lil. Its just business. Besides I doubt he will ever use it.
phlapjack77
Oh, I think the date might be wrong for one of us in our postings. I've been posting the noodle-house meeting as September 2. You've been posting September 3. I'm confused which one it is now. wobble.gif

@NSEDM - what's the call on the date at the noodle house?
RdMarquis
This is assuming I can hit the mage. At least the magnification will take off any distance penalties.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) + Tacnet (2) = 10d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970370/

5 hits. Reloading will have to wait till the next round. I used up all my actions, here.

Here are a couple more defense rolls, if you need them.

Reaction with Good Cover:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970375/
1 hit.

Ballistic Armor:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970376/
1 hit.
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 13 2013, 03:43 AM) *
Lil. Its just business. Besides I doubt he will ever use it.

It's the kind of business that gets your a hole in the head if people find out nyahnyah.gif

I was already thinking of having Cat have her link independently checked after letting Dubstep look at it, since he's a complete and total stranger really and she's not that naive, but now you've told us you're doing it, I'll hold off. I don't want to risk being meta-gamey smile.gif Suffice to say, if she ever does find out, she'll be very much less than amused!

karhig
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 13 2013, 07:31 AM) *
Oh, I think the date might be wrong for one of us in our postings. I've been posting the noodle-house meeting as September 2. You've been posting September 3. I'm confused which one it is now. wobble.gif

@NSEDM - what's the call on the date at the noodle house?

I think this is an earlier error of mine propagating. I already discussed with NSEDM higher in this thread to correct the error. We should be on 2 September in the noodle house.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 13 2013, 05:16 PM) *
I think this is an earlier error of mine propagating. I already discussed with NSEDM higher in this thread to correct the error. We should be on 2 September in the noodle house.

Ok cool - I see that now. Thanks for the heads up! smile.gif
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/Noodle House
2 September is the correct date.

Couple of question:

phlapjack77/Dante: Is Dante also planning on handing over the infected iBall drone?

Slacker/Dubstep: As Dubstep is going VR, can I assume he is resting his head on the table or just letting his chin rest on his chest?
phlapjack77
Yeah, depending on how long the process is, Dante'll hand over the drone and also signal Jenny Ho over. I can do that in a new IC or I can edit the current IC, what's best?
karhig
@Virtual Scream NSEDM / phlapjack

Just an FYI: Dubstep managed to get some potential partial info on Cat because he did a broad search, but she's not been active in the runner community at all. If Dante's contact just searches for a runner called Cat, he's not going to find anything unless Darkhorse recommended her in the last couple of hours.
Slacker
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 13 2013, 04:39 AM) *
@Virtual Scream/Noodle House
2 September is the correct date.

Couple of question:

phlapjack77/Dante: Is Dante also planning on handing over the infected iBall drone?

Slacker/Dubstep: As Dubstep is going VR, can I assume he is resting his head on the table or just letting his chin rest on his chest?

Dub step will slump down in his chair resting his head on his chest.
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 13 2013, 04:11 AM) *
It's the kind of business that gets your a hole in the head if people find out nyahnyah.gif

I was already thinking of having Cat have her link independently checked after letting Dubstep look at it, since he's a complete and total stranger really and she's not that naive, but now you've told us you're doing it, I'll hold off. I don't want to risk being meta-gamey smile.gif Suffice to say, if she ever does find out, she'll be very much less than amused!

Well a reusable exploit isn't a backdoor into you system linked to my account. Its a bug in your software that can be used by anybody that knows about it. I don't know the specifics of how it would be detected, but I've never thought of it being something that could be linked back to the hacker that created it, especially when said hacker can erase any log of his activity on the commlink.
It could easy look like you just hadnt updated your OS properly. Its just as easy to fix too with an update.
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 13 2013, 01:13 PM) *
Well a reusable exploit isn't a backdoor into you system linked to my account. Its a bug in your software that can be used by anybody that knows about it. I don't know the specifics of how it would be detected, but I've never thought of it being something that could be linked back to the hacker that created it, especially when said hacker can erase any log of his activity on the commlink.
It could easy look like you just hadnt updated your OS properly. Its just as easy to fix too with an update.

Even if she doesn't find out it was you that did it on purpose, you are the one reconfiguring her link to be secure. You've implicitly taken on responsibility for her Matrix security. It'll be your fault one way or another. Woman logic biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 13 2013, 07:19 AM) *
This is assuming I can hit the mage. At least the magnification will take off any distance penalties.

Agility (3) + Pistols (3) + Smartgun (2) + Tacnet (2) = 10d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970370/

5 hits. Reloading will have to wait till the next round. I used up all my actions, here.

Here are a couple more defense rolls, if you need them.

Reaction with Good Cover:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970375/
1 hit.

Ballistic Armor:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3970376/
1 hit.

Whilst I know what RAW says I defy anyone to use a mag scope on the back of a swerving bike! Any movement is magnified so it'll be constantly sweeping across your target and most of the time giving you a nice view of building / asphalt biggrin.gif

IC coming up for you lot once I've sorted Copperhead and the Promised Land crew!
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 13 2013, 07:33 AM) *
Even if she doesn't find out it was you that did it on purpose, you are the one reconfiguring her link to be secure. You've implicitly taken on responsibility for her Matrix security. It'll be your fault one way or another. Woman logic biggrin.gif

True, but right now Dubstep is only getting rid of the virtual scream. Upgrading your commlink will take more time and will also remove the reusable exploit.
This is just him getting a little insurance initially. He still doesn't know much about either of you. Once he feels more confident in our business arrangement he will remove it. In general he is a trustworthy person, he's just learned to be cautious.
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Mar 13 2013, 03:41 PM) *
True, but right now Dubstep is only getting rid of the virtual scream. Upgrading your commlink will take more time and will also remove the reusable exploit.
This is just him getting a little insurance initially. He still doesn't know much about either of you. Once he feels more confident in our business arrangement he will remove it. In general he is a trustworthy person, he's just learned to be cautious.

Sure, sure. I didn't want to imply you had to explain what you're doing, or that it was a 'bad idea'. I'm just speculating on how things might go in the future if she finds out about it biggrin.gif Not that she could do anything except be upset, she has about zero skills in anything which could be dangerous to your health. She might not return your phone calls anymore smile.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 13 2013, 05:07 AM) *
Whilst I know what RAW says I defy anyone to use a mag scope on the back of a swerving bike! Any movement is magnified so it'll be constantly sweeping across your target and most of the time giving you a nice view of building / asphalt biggrin.gif

IC coming up for you lot once I've sorted Copperhead and the Promised Land crew!

Fair enough. In any case, she got a good 5 hits on that last shot (I think that's a critical success). Feel free to take some off to reflect the distance. Alternately, she could pick a new target. As magnification can't be used here, she'll reload instead.
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Mar 13 2013, 08:47 AM) *
Sure, sure. I didn't want to imply you had to explain what you're doing, or that it was a 'bad idea'. I'm just speculating on how things might go in the future if she finds out about it biggrin.gif Not that she could do anything except be upset, she has about zero skills in anything which could be dangerous to your health. She might not return your phone calls anymore smile.gif

That's good to know, Dubstep has at least one point in Con. So maybe he can just bluff his way into making you believe the scream left the exploit and with how nasty a bug it is, he failed to notice it. He'll apologize profusely to be sure and will certainly offer to do a free sweep for any more such tricks the virus could have done to your commlink. rotate.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Mar 13 2013, 10:48 AM) *
Yeah, depending on how long the process is, Dante'll hand over the drone and also signal Jenny Ho over. I can do that in a new IC or I can edit the current IC, what's best?

New post but be aware that Dubstep has just done the decker slump as he slips into VR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012