Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
@ seth: just saw that about the sprites, tyvm.
Erm where is the parking lot in Seattle? Im working on editing it into my IC but no physical location has been mentioned? Can I just give geo coordinates myself as long as they are by touristville etc?
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 6 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Thanks for the summary. I don't actually know where we are: we are in a stairway...how far is that to the bridge?

My action is pretty simple: Follow Silk. He's the one that has the best infiltration and general scouty stuff. I am here to provide muscle and magical support.

I'd be happy to grab the lead, but actually Silk is much better at it than I am

@Aria
To be honest we should abandon the stealthy stuff and blitzkrieg now. Charge them! If you want I'll go first...just indicate.

Silk's happy going first - or at least behind her flyspy to see if anyone is coming down the stairs. I second the blitzkrieg though, I'm getting a flashbang ready for the bridge and then we go in guns blazing (metaphorically of course, we don't want to kill anyone!)

Damn, wish I'd bought the throwing skill now nyahnyah.gif Hopefully it'll be a case of 'open door, pop grenade in and close'...

QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Oct 6 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Erm where is the parking lot in Seattle? Im working on editing it into my IC but no physical location has been mentioned? Can I just give geo coordinates myself as long as they are by touristville etc?

The parking lot is somewhere near Allanby's warehouse in Tacoma...I'll try and pick a location and add it to the map. Has anyone else tried editting the map yet? If not, Seth, Applied Cheese, Friendbot and any other prospective GMs - feel free to PM me an email and I'll give you direct permissions to edit the map...

EDIT: It's on the map down to the South - the placemarkers are interesting, we're heading back and forth across Seattle in this game, now just need to go the the Crime Mall in Puyallup smile.gif
Zaranthan
@I'm On A Boat
Initiative (7d6.hits(5)=0) Niiiiice. A flat 7.

As for actions, I'm just charging up the stairs for now. I'll decide whether to call for backup or just start slinging stunbolts when I get a better read on the bridge.
Aria
@SKs: Did I miss a link to a map or image of Teague's pad? Sorry nyahnyah.gif
Seth
@SKs: Did I miss a link to a map or image of Teague's pad?

I'll scan something and post it tomorrow

I think AppliedCheese was being creative (thanks for that). As it happens your description mostly matches the map I have anyway. Who says Shadowrun scenarios aren't predictable
AppliedCheese
@ I'm on a boat:

I'll be honest, i didn't expect the deck node to go that quick. I was envisioning a knock down drag out cyber battle. Oh well.

Anyhow, pending khalil making nay actions for the next three rounds, lets assume you can cover the remaining stories in about 21 seconds (being tha naturally gifted exceedingly athletic shadowrunners you are) base don Silk's 1 round to 1 landing here. Unles syou have furhter actions, i'll ic the results of that in about a day.

Zaranthan
@I'm On A Boat
Sounds good to me.
LostProxy
@I'm On a Boat

Since all the drones have been broken free essentially could I begin hacking them individually?
Seth
Unles syou have furhter actions, i'll ic the results of that in about a day.

My only action is to think the word Banzai!. Obviously I won't be yelling it...yet.

I'll take a combat round to cast a spell, but as I have movement I won't be holding them up I think.

[ Spoiler ]

Just a reminder that we have movement and concealment 5 if anyone wants to move quickly and quietly
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 7 2011, 09:36 PM) *
Just a reminder that we have movement and concealment 5 if anyone wants to move quickly and quietly

Not sure that squared with foot long electic sparks and a double handed sword nyahnyah.gif

Buggers saw us even with -9 to visibility frown.gif

Anyone bring any breaching charges? Can Siran get a spirit to manifest inside and open the door?
AppliedCheese
There's situational modifiers. "We're sprinting willy-nilly up the well lit stairs, which are the only access way on the port side, while a static camera operator on alert looks down the security screen, wielding a double handed lightning sword" is a pretty big one. Massive even. There's not a someone else's problem field big enough...

@ Khalil. Yes you can. They are, for intents and purposes, a rating 3 device.
Aria
I don't mind being seen - adds some spice! smile.gif & we have a sparking Mage...
I will try and get access to the camera to give Kahlil a chance to override any door lock...

But can you give us an ooc version of what we can see at the top... Is there a crew member trying to shut a door on us? Not the bridge door I take it?
AppliedCheese
The ooc version is this:

Your at the top. There is a door opening onto a hallway (with a knocked over coffee machine...the industrial ones that serve the cofee equivalent of budweiser - cheap, lots, caffeinated). There is a mildy coffee burnt young man trying to close said door on you. In the middle of the hall, parralell to the right hand wall, is a sealed door to the bridge.

The boat is starting to move at ~ 3 m/s, and will increase to about 30 knots eventually. (14.7 m/s) You are 1600 m out from the big yellow line.
Aria
Shoot the poor guy

SA: Aim
SA: Short Burst (I assume short range) 17D = 7 hits nyahnyah.gif Good job that's with gel rounds and he'll get some bonus D for being in cover...
AppliedCheese
Ouch. Dodges 1, soaks 1....which means for an SMG that's 14S...not only is he out cold, he has several broken ribs and some internal bleeding.
Aria
Smg rather than ar but at least he's not dead!
Seth
@FriendBot/Dysfunctional Family
Of course you can have the video, and intercept. As it turns out he is a lot more stable than I expected, so I don't have a problem meeting up now.

@OnTheBoat
In answer to Silk's question, I suspect it will be .. challenging .. to open the door from the other side. I think any spirit I sent through would be toasted, and I don't want to be nasty to my spirits. In addition to which I suspect that it would need to understand tech to open it anyway...

However, I am always impressed with that scene in the Phantom Menace when they have to break through the blast door. This feel kind of similar: I just hope the rolling droids don't turn up.

I had to read the rules a few times, but as I read it.
Against melee attacks with blunt weapons such as fists, clubs, or similar items, a barrier maintains its normal rating. Against melee attacks with edged weapons, such as swords and the like, the barrier has twice its normal rating.

So somewhat to my surprise I am probably better smashing it with a blunt weapon than a Vibrosword.

The Blunt weapon does base 9P damage (3P from str, +2 from weapon, +4 from elemental aura). 2, 3 and 10, so that is 11, 11 and 19 damage. I don't know how elemental damage impacts armor. It would normally halve armor, but I could find no reference either way, so it's up to you.

If that last one has no effect...I'll try something else!

Edit: I noted in the IC I had used the words "huge 2 handed sword" that was me getting carried away...its a huge one handed sword.

JxJxA
@ SK:

Ok, so the gunship distraction is probably a bad idea, but I wouldn't be a thrill-seeking assassin if I didn't at least mention it. nyahnyah.gif I'll wait to grab gear until the rest of the group decides on what we need.
AppliedCheese
You may assume the door is a rating 12 barrier. A good solid chunk of steel, but at the end of the day, just a door.
Seth
You may assume the door is a rating 12 barrier. A good solid chunk of steel, but at the end of the day, just a door.

Hurrah. I suspect that I trash it with the staff: you need to roll some die, but that last strike did 19 damage, so unless it rolls really well, we have a hole!
AppliedCheese
Yep..soaks 2 hit...so...you create a large panel sized hole as a poor weld breaks loose.
Aria
Fire in the hole smile.gif
Aria
@Seth: Ember is considering asking for the services of a bound spirit or two (paying for the materials)...he could bind them himself with more time so I don't think it's game breaking?!?

A summoning 3 focus or perhaps a power 2 focus would also be good! Should have the time to bind either of those...

Now we just need a good getaway plan! Any sewer/storm water access nearby? Getting away from any aerial surveilance is probably key!
JxJxA
@ Seth:

I think I'm going to spend some karma to up my longarm and sniper rifle abilities. I was originally going to make an all-around weapons expert, but it looks like I favor the sniper rifle. smile.gif

Spending 10 karma to raise my Longarms from 4=>5 (breaking the firearms skill group) and adding a specialization in sniper rifles.
apologies again about the delay but if you check my last IC im now about 200m northeast of you guys and walking towards the sushi truck. If you are wearing your comms you will feel a quiet ping from <Mr.Green>.
Seth
@SuicideKings
Here is a map of Teague's place

Seth
@OnTheBoat
I've spent 4 karma to learn gymnastics. I should have learnt it sooner: what sort of pirate cannot tumble!

Diving through the door 4 successes covered to some extent by the flash pak, I will be fully defensive for the first action as I dive through the door:

Initiative: 24 I don't think this is a surprise ork.gif
Pass 1
Fully defensive only 3 successes
I've realised I should roll a few more in case there are multiple attacks: so this makes up to 10. I've removed the 'loose 1 die per attacker' in the summary: 5, 4, 6, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 6

Pass 2
I'll see what it looks like inside.

Any ranged attacks may be affected by the flashpak, but are also affected by the physical deflection spell which knocks 3 die from their attack

Status stored here

Aria
@I'm on a boat:

Not sure where we sit with rnds here...while Siran is hammering on the door Silk will jimmy the camera: 12D = 2 hits, 6 hits, 2 hits... hopefully that's enough to plug in the commlink?!?

Then while Siran is dodging bullets in the new round I'll move to the door to support...

@SKs

Ember's shopping list now is a power focus [2] and the aid of 1 or two bound spirits about force 4 if that's ok?!?

@DF

Got a list of questions for the kid yet? smile.gif
AppliedCheese
You can assume combat rounds started again as of Siran's opening:

Round 1
begins with breach
IP 1

Siran dives through
Silk jams out the camera and attaches a link

Shotgun security guard-now with the proper 6d6 on wide choke, flechette
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216599/
1st shot hits (I backed off 4 dice from your roll for the wide chole) with 1x net hit; Please soak 10P / 4 AP, body + impact
2nd shot misses

Captain - Yells at everyone to cease fire.

Watch Officer - snaps off a taser shot which misses

Commo Officer - Lots of desperate messages

Tech 1 - Indecision

Tech 2 - jams the ships controls

IP 2

Shotgunner - Need to roll to see if he stops shooting
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216604/
Yep. Listens to the Captain. Shotgun trained, but not shooting.

Captain - begins negotiations

Watch officer - cease fire check
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216607/
Yep. Stays taser trained on Siran, but doens't shoot

Comms - ???. Seems to be compliant

Techs
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216608/
Steely eyed in the face of danger.
Seth
@suicideKings/Aria
See IC: I assume the favour was the focus, and is often the way with these annoying oracles...she has already responded.

@DF
I'll talk it through with Alyena and see what we can come up with tonight. Anyone else welcome to post questions which we will relay (just IC Jotamon or Doza asking the question).
Zaranthan
@I'm On A Boat
Robert's going to be following our cirque-du-lightning buddy into the room while Silk works on that camera. A less graceful flop through the hole, followed by two shots at the watch officer in IP 2.

Short Wide Burst vs. Watch Officer (Gel rounds) (7d6.hits(5)=1) -2 to dodge, 6S vs. Impact AP +1
Long Narrow Burst vs. Watch Officer (Gel Rounds) (6d6.hits(5)=2) -1 to dodge, 12S vs. Impact AP +1
AppliedCheese
Watch officer aborts to full defense:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216658/
1 hit, shots miss.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216659/
Takes it all
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216660/
And soaks none of it.

He goes down with a little overflow into physical.
Aria
QUOTE (Seth @ Oct 11 2011, 01:43 PM) *

"We have anticipated your request. It will arrive at your location in about 5 minutes. You should warn your friends that a drone is coming~

Ok, focus incoming...what about the spirit services? 2x Fc4 would be great but I don't want to unbalance events so...given time that's what Ember would have summoned himself...

You get to pick what sort of spirits they are this way too smile.gif
Need to know:

- Is allanby's actually still standing? I know the warehouse is blown up but not sure about the actual office itself.

- If it is I'm going to need to find that node/hack into it to look through the logs and cams etc. I really want to track down that intruder if at all possible (or at least the hacking talent that erased him from the grid if he doesnt show up there). Let me know what I have to work with and I'll get you the rolls, may need to go look at grid guide cams etc etc as well if my luck is short.
Seth
- Is allanby's actually still standing? I know the warehouse is blown up but not sure about the actual office itself.

Yes it is, but it is crawling with Knight Errant. The machine is now connected to the Knight Errant evidence network, which is extremely challenging to get into. Hansai, your Knight Errant Mr Johnson, can get you access (he was going to get Pixel access), but it will be illegally. (He has been banned from the case, as it is his partner that was killed along with Allanby). If you want to do a run against Allanby's machine, just IC the start of it. It will be high risk though, as Knight Errant spiders will be crawling all over it.

As far as tracking the nodes/cameras around that area, most of them are device rating 3, a few are device rating 4. You need a user account to view the logs, although you need a security account to change them. I believe that you can hack these cameras in one or two heartbeats each. You could also get a sprite to do it... It would only take about 5 minutes to review, say, 50 cameras around that area. If you want to do that, roll my a hacking+exploit as an indicator of how well that went, and roll me a data search as a measure of how much you found out. If you have a compiled or registered sprite to help you, it can aid you using the normal "aid another" rules.

An other option for you, if you have a "Code Sprite", is to download lots of stuff about Allanby and Teague and use the "info Sortiledge" power

Seth
Ok, focus incoming...what about the spirit services? 2x Fc4 would be great but I don't want to unbalance events so...given time that's what Ember would have summoned himself...

If you pay the costs for the binding materials, 2 rank 4 spirits with 3 services each are fine. One is a possessing beast (wolf) spirit with optional power search, and the other is a manifesting spirit of man with the optional power "spell: Shape Plasticrete". The walls on Teagues house and garden are in fact Plasticrete...
AppliedCheese
Seth, see das combat tracker. Siran has a 10P/4 soak roll to make, impact + body
Seth
@OnTheBoat
I have immunity to normal weapons 10, and flechettes actually add 5 to that, so I have immunity to flechettes 15. So I soak all of it. Sadly a shotgun is almost the very worst weapon to use against me at the moment.
resisting urge to crack the interesting node:

Will 6 + Cha 6 (3) test = 12d6 (3)

12d6.hits(5) → [1,6,6,6,6,5,5,1,2,2,1,5] = (7)

yeah that node was just too neon yellow for me.

Checking the cameras myself so going back to my home bionode:

threading up my exploit:

Software 4 + resonance 4 + am 2 + HG:bionode 2 + 2 VR = 14d6

14d6.hits(5) → [1,1,4,6,3,3,1,4,6,2,3,5,3,2] = (3) eww

fading resisting 3s:

Will 6+ res 4 = 10d6

10d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,3,2,4,5,5,2,2] = (3)

no fading

lets try that again, dropping the original threading

14d6.hits(5) → [2,3,6,1,2,3,3,4,2,5,5,3,5,2] = (4)

better taking that

resisting 4s:

10d6.hits(5) → [3,6,5,2,4,1,1,6,6,1] = (4)

no fading

Calling Up Sourcian R4 crack sprite to assist my hack and sustain my exploit threading (2 services)

hacking + exploit roll:

Hacking 4 + exploit CF 4 + threaded 4 + paragon 2 + r4 crack sprite 4 + am 2 = 18d6 (hope i didnt miss anything there)

18d6.hits(5) → [5,1,1,6,5,3,5,6,5,3,5,5,1,5,2,5,4,5] = (11)

woo! screaming dice today baby! (thank you for letting me boost those things, thats a 9 dice difference 0.o

So 11 successes on first roll went for security access and in the door easy. Now to data search

Dropping exploit and sending sourcian to his home with many thanks.

threading up a browse cf:

14d6.hits(5) → [5,6,6,2,2,2,3,4,3,5,6,4,4,3] = (5)

Using 4 hits to get a r4 Browse CF

Fading resisting 4S:

Will 6 + Res 4 = 10d6

10d6.hits(5) → [6,2,5,4,5,6,2,4,3,3] = (4)

no fading eesh that was close though.

Calling up ipso (r4 crack sprite, will IC next post) to add his rating to my Browse CF.
Using another service as well to have it sustain my CF for me so no -2 modifier.

Data Searching as required:

Browse CF 4 + sprite r4 4 + am 2 + Data Search 4 = 14d6 to search

14d6.hits(5) → [2,4,6,3,5,4,4,1,2,3,2,5,6,5] = (5)
13d6.hits(5) → [3,4,5,2,4,3,6,2,5,2,5,6,2] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [1,4,5,3,5,4,4,4,4,3,6,1] = (3)
11d6.hits(5) → [6,6,2,2,4,3,5,1,3,4,4] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [1,3,5,3,3,4,1,4,4,1] = (1)
9d6.hits(5) → [1,1,4,3,4,6,6,6,4] = (3)
8d6.hits(5) → [1,2,1,3,6,2,4,2] = (1)
7d6.hits(5) → [5,4,1,2,6,5,3] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,1,5,6,3] = (2)
5d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,3,3] = (1)

Im going to leave it there and not tempt fate for glitches. Pretty respectable 27 successes.

Hopefully I have tons of dataz? biggrin.gif

Seth
@OnlyGhostDancesWhenDrunk
Probably a good time to make a good willpower + charisma save

See what I mean about Technomancers being awesome. I'm glad it worked out.

OK just checking we are in sync. You are not investigating Allanby's machine, but are hacking a wide variety of machines / cameras around Allanby's office, and got a crazy number of successes.

The "blurry images" below are basically rutherium fibred armor. You have only found them by running lots of image recognition software, convolutions, de-rezzes, munges and other techo-babble. Looking at any image on it's own shows very little, but by techomagic you can see the following

Time: 21: 33
A couple of frames of a blury human form are found which are probably the sniper getting into position. The armor is definitely for a female figure, and has a rutherium coated sniper rifle: You need firearms + intuition 3 successes to recognise the make from the imagery. You can show it to others.

Time: 21:35
You see Edgar Wallace (the cop who was killed sipping coffee in a car down the street from Allaby's office. You can just make out a large camera. You have footage of him being shot by a sniper bullet. As far as you know the media don't have this shot yet, so you could make a mint selling it.

Time 21: 36
Blury image of spider woman climbing the sheer wall of Allanby's office and going in through the restroom window

Time: 21: 38
Blury image of spider woman climbing down the wall of Allanby's office, and going into an alley. All the cameras in that alley have been shot, apart from 2 which you discover have been edited to be on infinite loop. i.e. no images from this time period.

Time 21: 39
A black van with fake plates (you ran them, and discovered they were the plates of a Arab Sheik who lives in Dubai) left that alley. You follow the digital traces of the van until it headed under the Renraku arcology. At this point you lost it.

right lets give it a whirl on recognizing the rifle:

Intuition 5 + Firearms 0 - 1 defaulting: 4d6(3)

4d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,5] = (2)

hmmm it be a rifle thats fer sure boys! Hurr Hurr... >< guess I get to show it around a bit.

Sounds good on the cameras. What did I see though when looking at the obviously edited logs? Any resonance or matrix signatures on that that I could look at?

Matrix Perception roll on those 2 cams:

Threading my analyze CF:

14d6.hits(5) → [2,6,4,3,4,5,5,2,6,1,3,4,1,1] = (4)

fading 4S:

10d6.hits(5) → [6,1,2,4,1,5,5,1,2,6] = (4)

no fading

Matrix Perception:

Computer 4 + Analyze CF 4 + 4 threading + 2 am + 2 technomancer + 2 vr -2 sustaining the thread = 16d6 (or if you dont allow am in this its a 14d6pool will make both rolls just in case)

16d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,5,1,2,1,5,5,6,5,6,6,6,3,6] = (10)

14d6.hits(5) → [6,6,4,4,6,5,4,5,5,6,3,6,5,1] = (9)

what is that large camera in the bit about Wallace? Need more info to know how to react to that, is it in the car or watching wallace etc? If so I want to keep looking through the tapes to see who took it/where it went etc.
JxJxA
Lol, Dealer isn't the leader either. That would be Ember---the one pissed off guy who set this whole shindig in motion. nyahnyah.gif
AppliedCheese
@IOAB
ITNW 10 with an 18d6 defense pool...jesus, really? Well, I guess the flechettes bounce off relatively harmlessly, much to the astonishment of the shooter. I also suspect that the video of that happening just convinced any response force to load for bear. I guess the CPT is even happier to surrender then...

@SK

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3218224/
3 hits

That looks suspiciously like a sniper rifle. Specifically, it looks suspiciously like the one that we had tagged on miss spirit sniper earlier tonight?
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Oct 12 2011, 08:36 AM) *
@IOAB
ITNW 10 with an 18d6 defense pool...jesus, really? Well, I guess the flechettes bounce off relatively harmlessly, much to the astonishment of the shooter. I also suspect that the video of that happening just convinced any response force to load for bear. I guess the CPT is even happier to surrender then...

Ackk Possession traditions nyahnyah.gif Still, when Raul gets his act together at least she's dual natured nyahnyah.gif
Seth
@Aria/Dysfunctional Family

OK Alyena and I agonized about how to ask these. We decided best thing to do was to ask questions OOC, and either you IC them, or you tell us OOC the answers and we IC them. It's kind of hard to get a natural flow with a question per post, and often the next question is based on the previous answer.

Mostly we are trying to understand the situation that the boy is in, as questions often don't make sense if you don't understand what you are asking. We think there are two likely situations, so we will be trying to work out which it is:
Situation 1: The boy was a street urchin who saw an attack on a facility
Situation 2: The boy was an occupant (experimentee/other) of a facility, and fled during the attack

So here is a list of questions. I hope that Issac and Ajax have some questions to, which we can add to the list:

Introductory stuff.
Can we start at the beginning? I'm called Jotamon. We got involved because you ran into us, and now we want to make sure the clean up crew don't go for us.

Questions about you:
  • What's your name
  • Where do you live, and do you live with anybody?
  • Do you want to go back there?
  • Do you want us to tell anyone you are safe

Questions about "the attack"
  • Where was the attack (Address / GPS / ARO tag is what we are after)
  • Who was being attacked (the owning body, not the address)
  • These freaky dogs: who do they belong to?
  • The hunters: did they own the dogs?
  • What can you tell me about the hunters?
  • Who were the attackers and who were the defenders

Questions about the clean up crew
  • Do you know anything about them?
  • Do you have any clue where they come from: they weren't Crimson Crush, but did they sound military/corporate/police?

Seth
@OnTheBoat
Well that went very well. Quick in.
Nice infiltration and getting us past the guards Silk. Nice hacking Khalil. I'm hoping Robert and I can avoid having to damage people.

I propose that we don't cause a crash in the harbour no wait the dark goddess is calling...3 successes.

OK I can now say "I propose we don't cause a crash in the harbour". So we should get the captain out, and leave one crew member free to free the others from their duct tape bonds, so that they can stop the ship crashing.
Seth
@SuicideKings/General
I'm not posting much at the moment, as I am waiting for you to be ready to do your assault on Teague's fortress. I think I have been answering questions, and am up to date: if not ask again.

I suggest that at the start of next week I will move you to "just outside his place", but you can go their sooner. I know I have been brutal to your contacts, but if any are still left, you can phone for help. You can if you wish discuss things with Hansai (he has offered to be a distraction at the front gate) who may be able to get you anything that you need.

I'll just remind you of the brief for Teague's place: He has a data warehouse that probably has "in your face: he's just guilty" evidence that Teague assassinated Allanby. This is wired for destruction (a push button in Teague's bedroom).

The map for the place is here This doesn't quite tie in with Dealer's summary (his was better, but this I could scan so it minimized your exposure to my awful artwork).

@OnlyGhost
what is that large camera in the bit about Wallace? Need more info to know how to react to that, is it in the car or watching wallace etc? If so I want to keep looking through the tapes to see who took it/where it went etc.

You suspect it was a large camera on the seat next to him, that he could use to photograph people going in and coming out. You are only seeing it through the glass because of clever image processing.

The Knight Errant response team cordoned off the car, and the camera went to the evidence locker. You suspect it has nice pictures of the Gamma Liberation Front going in, but you are sure that it doesn't have any of the blurry spider women.

If you are telling the others some of this, can you put it into an IC post? That way the IC is stand alone and tells a story.

@AppliedCheese
That looks suspiciously like a sniper rifle. Specifically, it looks suspiciously like the one that we had tagged on miss spirit sniper earlier tonight?

Some people think that all guns look the same. And some people think that each person's individually modded sniper rifle tells you a lot about them. The way the scopes were mounted, the set of the trigger. The adjustment points. Yes you think that is the same rifle.

@Aria
Ackk Possession traditions Still, when Raul gets his act together at least she's dual natured

Tell you: Get a fire elemental and put the same spells I had on me on the fire elemental and close your eyes as the devastation goes in. Manifesting spirits can fly and teleport and... There is a whole debate on the main threads about which is better. The consensus seems to be that in general manifesting are a bit better, but in set pieces like this where you can prepare, possessions are pretty damn good. Having played both I prefer possession because I prefer "me" to be doing things rather than "my pet" doing things. "My pet" is usually much safer, but I don't get the same visceral pleasure that I did cartwheeling through the hole into an unknown enemy.
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Oct 11 2011, 09:20 PM) *
Lol, Dealer isn't the leader either. That would be Ember---the one pissed off guy who set this whole shindig in motion. nyahnyah.gif

Im well aware of that but being that Ember is currently (IC anways) still on his astral form and therefore presumably (from my characters pov) passed out. So the ball gets passed around biggrin.gif
@seth yeah I wanted to be sure I had it right in my mind OOC before I posted my description.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012