Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Fairy
Huh... :O Well, when you mean B&E skills, do you mean something a little more than general sneaking and fancy hands at pickpocketing? nyahnyah.gif Other than that... I'm not sure. Tsubaki traveled a little light. No jammer.

FINALLY. THEY HAVE NAMES. biggrin.gif Aww. Cute. Oliver and Luc. Tsubaki will like lots! biggrin.gif

And, yes. An illusion spell to make us get away better would be very nice about now. nyahnyah.gif
RdMarquis
Mordred has a scanner and tag eraser. Not to mention just about every piece of B&E equipment in the core book. So, I guess he'll handle it if Mr. Hill can get his spell up. ^_^
onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk
QUOTE (Fairy @ Mar 23 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Huh... :O Well, when you mean B&E skills, do you mean something a little more than general sneaking and fancy hands at pickpocketing? nyahnyah.gif Other than that... I'm not sure. Tsubaki traveled a little light. No jammer.

FINALLY. THEY HAVE NAMES. biggrin.gif Aww. Cute. Oliver and Luc. Tsubaki will like lots! biggrin.gif

And, yes. An illusion spell to make us get away better would be very nice about now. nyahnyah.gif

unfortunately im not sure that Hill is thinking about that atm frown.gif. I dont exactly trust the newcomers as friendly as they seem lol.
RdMarquis
Hrm...what skill or skills would I need to break into a car undetected? Hardware and Infiltration?
Trigger
Sorry I am slow, I will have a post tomorrow, I have just been dealing with medical stuff. I will be having surgery soon though, so three weeks of recuperation and internet ahead.
Aria
QUOTE (Trigger @ Mar 24 2012, 10:27 AM) *
Sorry I am slow, I will have a post tomorrow, I have just been dealing with medical stuff. I will be having surgery soon though, so three weeks of recuperation and internet ahead.

Hope it's nothing too serious! See you when you get back!
Notsoevildm
Some rolls for Copperhead fighting the CZ humans:

Initiative: 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=2 = 8/1 pass - she's not fast so apolgies if my post is slightly jumping the gun.

Unarmed cbt: Agility 3 + Cyber wpns 4 + reach 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=3, base damage 4P
thank you jx smile.gif thats what I was waiting for, Hill is used to flying solo even as charismatic as he is so the thought had not occurred to him biggrin.gif.

@Aria: Consider my illusion to cover the party and everyone in the effect can now see each other.
Another thought, where has soykaf been? I think shes up for a post so I can get he/she/it and Ears moving in their campaign.
JxJxA
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 26 2012, 01:28 AM) *
thank you jx smile.gif thats what I was waiting for, Hill is used to flying solo even as charismatic as he is so the thought had not occurred to him biggrin.gif.

Hehe, no worries. Gemeaux is always happy to remind Hill what he needs in order to do for his own job, and more importantly that he doesn't work for free. nyahnyah.gif
Fairy
Lol, hurray! We are invisible nowz? biggrin.gif Lol, and is Mordred gonna steal a car now?
RdMarquis
I'm assuming I'll have to default if I'm using an autopicker.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3434721/

Logic (5) - Defaulting (1) + Autopicker (6)

2 hits.
Fairy
Lol, I feel relieved.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 25 2012, 01:48 PM) *
Some rolls for Copperhead fighting the CZ humans:

Initiative: 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=2 = 8/1 pass - she's not fast so apolgies if my post is slightly jumping the gun.

Unarmed cbt: Agility 3 + Cyber wpns 4 + reach 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=3, base damage 4P

You seem to be on your own here frown.gif

Ah well, until the others show up you are free to butcher the poor humans at will ork.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 27 2012, 02:14 PM) *
You seem to be on your own here frown.gif

Ah well, until the others show up you are free to butcher the poor humans at will ork.gif
Fortunately, the muse is strong at the moment. I'll post up something abusing our attackers and my team-mates. I'm going to freeform it, but do let me know if you want me to make any rolls to back up the post.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Mar 27 2012, 04:08 PM) *
Fortunately, the muse is strong at the moment. I'll post up something abusing our attackers and my team-mates. I'm going to freeform it, but do let me know if you want me to make any rolls to back up the post.

That's fine, you can probably tell that they aren't the real threat ork.gif

@OGDWD: put something up for Scratch as a starting point...can run on with this or pick up wherever you start writing her in from... smile.gif ...I haven't titled it Fortune's Forcast yet, but can do?!?
@Ears:

[ Spoiler ]
@ears: question about the thought text, what did you mean by come on jessica?

@Aria: Ill get a post up for you later today.
Ears
@OGDWD: That I'm an idiot who messes up names. wink.gif Changed it to Saint.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 27 2012, 06:33 PM) *
That's fine, you can probably tell that they aren't the real threat ork.gif
Hope you don't mind me playing around with your goons. If you do want a few rolls to back up those IC actions here are some unarmed combat and soak rolls:

Unarmed combat:
Agi 3 + Cyber Wpns 4 + Reach 1 = 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=4

Soak rolls:
Body 6 + Impact 10 = 16d6.hits(5)=7, 16d6.hits(5)=4, 16d6.hits(5)=5, 16d6.hits(5)=4, 16d6.hits(5)=7
Note: I have stacked her cyberware dermal plating with her troll dermal armor but have not included her cyberarm armor as the rules for this seem a little broken.
Her cyberarm armor would potentially add another 4 dice or 1 net hit to the above rolls.
Aria
Don't worry about the goons...they are flavour for the main events....consider them a warm up ork.gif They certainly aren't getting through that amount of armour with any effectiveness!
@aria you did notice I have a post up for you? Hoping it isnt too convoluted biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
Did the cops have any identifying markings? Mordred knows someone in Knight Errant (my other PC).
Aria
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 29 2012, 10:10 PM) *
@aria you did notice I have a post up for you? Hoping it isnt too convoluted biggrin.gif

Yep got that smile.gif preparing a response over the weekend...

Please don't kill Summer off, she's integral to my metaplot <whimper> biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 30 2012, 03:36 AM) *
Did the cops have any identifying markings? Mordred knows someone in Knight Errant (my other PC).

For the life of me I can't remember who does police services in the UK...will have to do some digging...anyway, it was the SWAT equivalent of whoever that is...might even be KE?!? Pretty sure it's not Lone Star, might even still be a government organisation???
RdMarquis
That reminds me. Hey, OGDWD. Are you still looking for a matrix oriented character for the plotline you're running? I was thinking about my technomancer again. One of your main issues, besides the high rating CFs, was that her background involved her being groomed to be a corporate executive, right?

Suppose her parents have a sink or swim approach to her education? Meaning she can't depend on their help when things go south (I'll be removing Privileged Family Name to reflect this). No one's going to be holding her hand when she's in the boardroom, so there's no reason anyone should be doing that now. It's not that they don't love her. It's just that they believe in tough love. She'll hardly be able to call upon anyone in KE as she is either, anyway, being a kid. At least, not without earning them as a contact.

As for character sheet issues, how many BP should I start with if I wanted to stat her up, again?
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 30 2012, 06:48 PM) *
That reminds me. Hey, OGDWD. Are you still looking for a matrix oriented character for the plotline you're running? I was thinking about my technomancer again. One of your main issues, besides the high rating CFs, was that her background involved her being groomed to be a corporate executive, right?

Suppose her parents have a sink or swim approach to her education? Meaning she can't depend on their help when things go south (I'll be removing Privileged Family Name to reflect this). No one's going to be holding her hand when she's in the boardroom, so there's no reason anyone should be doing that now. It's not that they don't love her. It's just that they believe in tough love. She'll hardly be able to call upon anyone in KE as she is either, anyway, being a kid. At least, not without earning them as a contact.

As for character sheet issues, how many BP should I start with if I wanted to stat her up, again?

Its 400 bp + 10 karma as per the usual guidelines for this thread but I ask that no resonance rating be higher than 4 and same with cf's/sprites etc etc (tbh Id prefer them to be at 2 or 3 given how easy you can thread the hell out of them).

I'm willing to take the character on but you are going to need to be low-powered enough that you experience the growing pains of learning to deal with a technomancers world, ie just as bad as a newly manifested mage etc. I can go with the sink or swim and no contacts within the area but I'd still prefer there to be zero connection between your character and high level family in an executive setting (maybe middle manager at most (?)).
RdMarquis
Fair enough. Actually, that might make things more fun, roleplaying wise (I can also have her double as a face). I'll be back with a character sheet.
RdMarquis
Oh, one other thing. I don't know how you feel about homebrewed stuff, but I'd like to give her an Emerged version of a Geas. Specifically, the inability to use her powers with her glasses on.
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Mar 30 2012, 10:41 PM) *
Oh, one other thing. I don't know how you feel about homebrewed stuff, but I'd like to give her an Emerged version of a Geas. Specifically, the inability to use her powers with her glasses on.

can you explain the why behind that one to me? Also how do you see it working?
@ Soykaf: youre time tracking is incorrect in that post, you are +3minutes of KE being on site as the 5min timer started at 50:30 and you are now at 58+ Just something you may wish to change unless your time keeping had a minor glitch in game lol.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Mar 31 2012, 10:20 AM) *
can you explain the why behind that one to me? Also how do you see it working?

The Geas reflects that Morgan (the Technomancer) doesn't fully understand what she became after the second Crash. This wasn't helped by the fact that her family would rather pretend that she is a normal, mundane teenager.

Morgan believes her powers make her unique. They set her apart from her peers, who haven't been saddled with the same responsibilities and worries she has. At the same time, she's well aware of the harm her powers can be used for, although she hates to admit it. So, she came up with this Geas. The glasses are a lucky charm that keeps her abilities in check.

Mechanically, it would work just like the quality in Street Magic. The Geas I have in mind is a Condition one. If she tries to use her Technomancer powers with her glasses on, her Resonance will drop by a certain amount. Considering the low powered nature of this game, I'd like to it be reduced to 1.
Aria
Sorry, I think everyone is waiting on me...I'll try and get stuff together by tomorrow lunchtime...give you all a chance to plot over the weekend smile.gif
Aria
There we go, posts for E:PL UK and Chi Town and Scratch in Fortune's Forecast...

Some planning to do for you all I think

Enjoy!
Trigger
Compiling Rating 5 Crack Sprite

Resonance 5 + Compiling 3 + Paragon 1 = 9 dice (+/- any modifiers for this environment)
9d6.hits(5)=3

Resistance from Sprite:
Sprite Resistance (5d6.hits(5)=1)

Fading Resistance:
2 Stun, buying hits for no damage.

Crack Sprite, Rating 5
2 Tasks, Optional CF Scan
RdMarquis
Say, did you ever find out what the law enforcement situation was like in the UK? If not, I think I might have another idea.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Apr 6 2012, 11:05 AM) *
Say, did you ever find out what the law enforcement situation was like in the UK? If not, I think I might have another idea.

I asked on the main forum - seems the London sourcebook says that they are still government employees - makes sense, can't see us Brits letting forin sorts police our streets for us what ho?!? smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Trigger @ Apr 6 2012, 08:09 AM) *
Compiling Rating 5 Crack Sprite

Resonance 5 + Compiling 3 + Paragon 1 = 9 dice (+/- any modifiers for this environment)
9d6.hits(5)=3

Resistance from Sprite:
Sprite Resistance (5d6.hits(5)=1)

Fading Resistance:
2 Stun, buying hits for no damage.

Crack Sprite, Rating 5
2 Tasks, Optional CF Scan

So what's the little beasty doing? Scanning for signals I guess, then?!?
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 6 2012, 03:47 AM) *
I asked on the main forum - seems the London sourcebook says that they are still government employees - makes sense, can't see us Brits letting forin sorts police our streets for us what ho?!? smile.gif

lol

here

here
Trigger
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 6 2012, 07:50 AM) *
So what's the little beasty doing? Scanning for signals I guess, then?!?

Well, I have the signal I have sensed, I am sending him out to find out more about it and where it is originating from. I don't know what all it would do in that process, so I am leaving that up to you to decide what it finds and how it goes about this task.
Aria
QUOTE (Trigger @ Apr 6 2012, 11:56 PM) *
Well, I have the signal I have sensed, I am sending him out to find out more about it and where it is originating from. I don't know what all it would do in that process, so I am leaving that up to you to decide what it finds and how it goes about this task.

Ok. Will get back to you soon! smile.gif
@Soy and Ears: Your guys timers were off, Knight Errant has been on the scene for over 4 minutes. Let me know if you need other actions etc otherwise feel free to keep rolling.
RdMarquis
@OGDWD

So, what's the verdict on that negative quality I wanted? The character sheet is almost done, by the way. You said her Resonance and CFs should be 3 or 4 at the most, right?
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Apr 9 2012, 03:57 PM) *
@OGDWD

So, what's the verdict on that negative quality I wanted? The character sheet is almost done, by the way. You said her Resonance and CFs should be 3 or 4 at the most, right?

yeah hmm I think that is acceptable to me personally sorry I thought I had answered smile.gif
Aria
@E:PL UK - I don't know how much you all know about the UK (it's ok if you don't as all your characters seem to be from elsewhere) - but Fleet is a tiny place. The only reason you are here is the private air port at Farnborough. Rough neighbourhoods is likely to be a few deliquent kids spray painting a bus shelter, not exactly the barrens!

The UK has condensed into the mega sprawls like much of the 6th World. The rest has been given back to the Nobles - particularly the South West where you are headed! The nearest neighbourhood like you are suggesting is twenty to thirty miles back into London - but at least you can jump on the M3 motorway and be there fairly quickly. You'll probably need a new vehicle before that though so talking to some contacts would be the way to go. Argent will help out if nothing else springs to mind!

Mr Hill has probably got the most plentiful contacts (indirectly) on this side of the pond. Of course, they were the ones compromised in your last little encounter so who knows ork.gif

EDIT: On second thoughts Reading is close...and that won't have improved in 60 years lol...you could try there!
Ears
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Apr 9 2012, 07:25 PM) *
@Soy and Ears: Your guys timers were off, Knight Errant has been on the scene for over 4 minutes. Let me know if you need other actions etc otherwise feel free to keep rolling.

Well, not something specific I need, just wanted to remind you of the message to Adrian's fixer in this post. I don't expect him to respond to low-priority guys in the middle of the night and ICly it's been less than two hours; but IRL it was almost 4 months ago, so I thought you've probably forgotten about it. I sure did until I looked at my notes. wink.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (onlyghostdanceswhiledrunk @ Apr 9 2012, 05:06 PM) *
yeah hmm I think that is acceptable to me personally sorry I thought I had answered smile.gif

Thanks. Here's the character sheet. Background to follow.

LeFey
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
QUOTE (Ears @ Apr 10 2012, 12:32 PM) *
Well, not something specific I need, just wanted to remind you of the message to Adrian's fixer in this post. I don't expect him to respond to low-priority guys in the middle of the night and ICly it's been less than two hours; but IRL it was almost 4 months ago, so I thought you've probably forgotten about it. I sure did until I looked at my notes. wink.gif

heh no worries man, rest assured though, I have written notes that included both your thing to moose and then also saints biz with tomoko. The time has not yet come for them quite yet though smile.gif. Ty for double-checking smile.gif.
A couple of items I dont recognize in that list there Rd (not that they are critical just wonder what they are): Tegmentum, Women's Modez, and Senlis.
JxJxA
@ E:PL UK: Reading sounds good to me. Does it work for everyone else? From Gemeaux's POV, at least a city will be somewhat civilized and not full of peasant farmers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012