Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
@ Aria and E:PL/UK:

I'm happy to take recommendations from the team on my next action. I can keep chucking White P grenades because it seems to be keeping them at bay, or I can start shooting. I'll probably need a full IP to holster the handgun, grab the assault rifle, and switch from FA to BF, though (unless I can iaijutsu the assault rifle so I can get a shot in this IP).
RdMarquis
I don't doubt Tsubaki has a way to get that door open, though Mordred has a miniwelder. Our priority should be keeping these guys busy while she takes care of that. Depending on how many you have left, another grenade might help. Better wait till more of them start showing up, though. The flames might just go out. Also, there are quite a few of them, and the thought of a fire in a relatively confined space is a bit unsettling. At some point, we'll have to try and make a run for it.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 4 2013, 09:07 PM) *
@Aria, E:Tribes,

Length of time multiplier for snuff bonus: 10x1d6 minutes (1d6=6) = 60 minutes

The Revolution [AR108] has base accel 15/25 and is supposed to be within 5 meters, facing approximately at the teens.  That was the basic 'requirement' to jam the signal and keep LeFey hidden behind the (armored) wheel.  The errata for the armor [AR133] says to reduce that by 20% (to 12/20) since the armor [12] is higher than the body [6] for the cycle.

Using a vehicle as a weapon is done by ramming SR4A169, and damage is based on vehicle body and speed.  What I am missing, is how to properly determine  the speed.  With the snuff reaction bonus, Sprogget can buy 2 hits on a vehicle test, boosting the accel (SR4A167/8) to 22/30, which from a standing start should also be the speed at the ?end? of the turn?  I assume, that at the short range involved here, the cycle would not make it over speed 20 before getting to the target, although it would be up to 22 even with 'walking' rate at the end of the turn.

Sprogget is NOT going to be waiting around if you are doing another time jump.  That delay is only long enough to let others post as needed.  If none of that starts something that needs a physical response immediately, Sprogget will be [relatively] peacefully pulling out.  Either Morgan's parents or KE could be showing up any time.

@Aria, Re Connections: Those using signal rating 4 or higher are still connected. Sprogget has not upgraded yet though, so the jammer has him blocked, which also took down tacnet. Those with high enough signal rating at the accident scene have a matrix connection, but unless using direct connect or skinlink, their PAN is down due to the jamming. Which will include connections between trodes and commlink for VR access, imagelinks in glasses to commlink for AR access, earbuds to listen [privately] to the comm. Build in functions, such as image enhance in glasses should still work, but there is no wireless access to switch configurations, like going to thermographic. Wireless smartlink will also be down.

@Aria, consider: did the Mechanicals 'complex' shut down matrix connections due to the warning / suggestion from Prospero? Would a standard comm call / text message make it through? Sprogget has a 'to do' item, to phone home as soon as the team is fairly clear [leaving Bellevue], so that 'mom' does not worry any more than needed, after seeing the preparations.

Sorry about the time jump...that was inadvertant, I lost concentration moding the timestamp, was only meant to be 1min on not 4!

As to ramming, I guess you are going at max accel by the end of the round, as you are so close he would have a chance to get out of the way when you start towards him but it would certainly make him 'jump' smile.gif

For the mechanicals I was thinking that they get their matrix connection via the Freedom lot (more or less) so will be shut down too. I know that the 'mesh' makes this slightly tenuous though and there is probably a way of getting a message through if you want to!
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 5 2013, 08:21 AM) *
... At some point, we'll have to try and make a run for it.

Just want to point out you are in the arse end of nowhere with no transport of your own at the moment! Sorry for being difficult ork.gif

If Tsubaki gets you out the other side there is a footpath but no vehicle track. More woods that side too to hide in...

3 got out of the first vehicle so it would be safe(ish) to assume there are six of them total. 3 are breaching the pump station as you 'speak', two with glowy blobs over their heads courtesy of Tsubaki.
ChromeZephyr
Scrapheap: Saying "Frag you" to subtlety since 2064. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 5 2013, 05:30 PM) *
Scrapheap: Saying "Frag you" to subtlety since 2064. smile.gif

Well unless you intend to run them over I think this little encounter has gone surprisingly well smile.gif

Of course there's still time for it to all go horribly wrong ork.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria/E:PL/UK:

I'm guessing that I used up my prior rolls for the suppressive fire (along with 100 EX-Explosive bullets x_x), so should I make a new roll for my one attack on a d00d? I'm guessing I can take a free action to holster my handgun, trade a simple to a free action to switch my assault rifle from full auto to burst fire, and then use iaijutsu to (hopefully) whip up the rifle and shoot at a target. Is that cool?
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 5 2013, 04:57 AM) *
Just want to point out you are in the arse end of nowhere with no transport of your own at the moment! Sorry for being difficult ork.gif

If Tsubaki gets you out the other side there is a footpath but no vehicle track. More woods that side too to hide in...

3 got out of the first vehicle so it would be safe(ish) to assume there are six of them total. 3 are breaching the pump station as you 'speak', two with glowy blobs over their heads courtesy of Tsubaki.

Hmm...in that case, our only recourse might be to kill (or incapacitate) them all and swipe their vehicles. Adding yet another item to our list of crimes.
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes,

Buy 2 hits for vehicle Test; Pilot Ground Craft(1)+Rea(4)+Handling(3) (with reaction bonus for snuff) to increase Doble Revolution accel from 12/20 to 22/30
Since not trying to run the kids over, use the running rate of 30

DR Sensor(6)+Perception(2)
Compiling(2)+Resonance(4)+VR Bonus(2) vs Tutor Sprite(3)+Skills(FirstAid,Security Tags)
Compile opposed Tutor Sprite(3) with First Aid and Security Tags active and knowledge skills (8d6.hits(5)=3, 3d6.hits(5)=2)
1 task, 4 fading to resist
Fading Resist Resonance(4)+Int(4)
Resist Fading(4) from compile (8d6.hits(5)=2)
2 fading left over
Sprite Proficiency power UW156, grant First Aid(2)
Perception(2)+Int(4)+Vision Enhancement(3)+Actively Looking(3)
Security Tag removal First Aid + Logic(8, 1 minute) Extended SR4A329
Buy 2 hits; FirstAid(2)+Logic(4)+Medkit(6)-Poor conditions:street(2)-technomancer(2)
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 6 2013, 02:49 AM) *
@ Aria/E:PL/UK:

I'm guessing that I used up my prior rolls for the suppressive fire (along with 100 EX-Explosive bullets x_x), so should I make a new roll for my one attack on a d00d? I'm guessing I can take a free action to holster my handgun, trade a simple to a free action to switch my assault rifle from full auto to burst fire, and then use iaijutsu to (hopefully) whip up the rifle and shoot at a target. Is that cool?

Holstering (as opposed to dropping) a pistol is a simple action. Assuming the rifle is smart it's a free action to change modes, that leaves you with another simple action to use Iaijutsu to fire...or use a simple to ready weapon and fire in the next IP...bear in mind the amount of cover might impose a mod to your quickdraw...if I was feeling mean ork.gif
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 6 2013, 04:20 AM) *
Hmm...in that case, our only recourse might be to kill (or incapacitate) them all and swipe their vehicles. Adding yet another item to our list of crimes.

You are runners, crime is what you do biggrin.gif
JxJxA
Sounds fair, here goes nothing. smile.gif

Le Repartie: Modded Colt M23
Mods: Extended Clip, Internal Smartgun System, Personalized Grip, Gas Vent R3, Powered Folding Stock
Range w/o Penalties: 0-50 (-1 med, -3 long, -6 extreme)
Ammo: EX-Explosive (50c)
DV: 7P
AP: -2
RC: 5

Simple action: Holster La Reponse
Free action: Switch Le Repartie to BF mode
Simple action: Iaijutsu Le Repartie and shoot (if possible)!
Iaijutsu: Need 3 hits
React(cool.gif + Fire(4) - Wound(1) = 11d6 for 5 hits. Hooray!
Shoot goon Mordred hit: Narrow burst
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smart(2) - Recoil(2-5=0) - Vis(2) - Cover(2) - Wound(1) = 10d6 for 3 hits.

Bullets left in clip: 47
phlapjack77
You still with us NotSoEvilDM?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 5 2013, 05:53 AM) *
Sorry about the time jump...that was inadvertant, I lost concentration moding the timestamp, was only meant to be 1min on not 4!

As to ramming, I guess you are going at max accel by the end of the round, as you are so close he would have a chance to get out of the way when you start towards him but it would certainly make him 'jump' smile.gif

For the mechanicals I was thinking that they get their matrix connection via the Freedom lot (more or less) so will be shut down too. I know that the 'mesh' makes this slightly tenuous though and there is probably a way of getting a message through if you want to!

Real physical motion would be based on the standard v = a*t and s = 0.5 * a * t ^ 2 formulas. However for game purposes it appears that accel is being treated directly as change in distance (from standing start), as well as change in speed over one combat turn.
So at the end of one combat turn, the vehicle would have moved accel meters, and be moving at accel meters per combat turn.
SR4A167/8 movement/speed and SR4A169 Ramming (must be within walking/running range)

Mesh only works if there are enough nodes, close enough together, to create a continuous chain to a node that has a wired connection to the matrix backbone. Given the location / neighborhood rating, it is easy to say that the chain gets broken before making it. In a previous posting I mentioned matching the Mechanicals complex to the dumpshock matrix map, and found that it is within signal 6 range of 4 different 'cell towers'. Given that, simple directional antennas could be used to complete that chain, and provide a standard mesh network around the complex and Freedom mall. Looks easier and more robust to duplicate those antennas at the 2 locations, than doing it only at the mall, than providing a link from there to the complex. It is just who has access and authority to disable the connections. With Freedom doing the managing, they might be able to do it remotely, but that is more complex than physically disconnecting a cable.

I guess Sprogget is going to get 'not in range' / 'can not connect' type messages when he tries to phone home.

@Aria,
How do you want to handle the missing Alpha Apex here? Should Sprogget just find that Alpha has vanished while he was being jammed?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Feb 7 2013, 05:44 AM) *
You still with us NotSoEvilDM?

Sorry guys. Had a busy spell. Will sort out some posts by weekend at the latest!
Aria
@E:PL/UK

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs)

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

6.1 Microskimmer drone enters and fires a flashpak [-4 visibility or -2 with flare comp for 10 rnds (or until you destroy the drone!) – note, mods stack with smoke], attackers enter the pump station. Tsubaki and the Collots are retreating further into the pump station
6.2 Gemeaux destroys the drone, Mordred hits one of the breachers with a burst. Attackers get some cover at the top of the companionway looking down into the pump room
6.3 Tsubaki loses contact with spirit outside, Gemeaux fires at Mordred’s target & he goes down, Mordred fires [using pre-genned rolls]

7.1 Mordred & Gemeaux fire again [using pre-genned rolls], Attacker 1 lays down suppressing fire with SnS, 3 drops to same floor level as Gemeaux & Mordred

Note: Tsubaki's interaction is probably happening a bit post this combat but we can fudge things as needed...

EDIT: Doh, missed out Mordred & Gemeaux firing in IP7.1...Neither of you can see attacker 3 at the moment, rather than re-write my post is it ok if I fudge you to after attacker 1 has fired? Let's call it 'gathering your breath'?!? ...if this raises massive objections I can go back of course...
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 7 2013, 06:52 AM) *
Mesh only works if there are enough nodes, close enough together, to create a continuous chain to a node that has a wired connection to the matrix backbone. Given the location / neighborhood rating, it is easy to say that the chain gets broken before making it. In a previous posting I mentioned matching the Mechanicals complex to the dumpshock matrix map, and found that it is within signal 6 range of 4 different 'cell towers'. Given that, simple directional antennas could be used to complete that chain, and provide a standard mesh network around the complex and Freedom mall. Looks easier and more robust to duplicate those antennas at the 2 locations, than doing it only at the mall, than providing a link from there to the complex. It is just who has access and authority to disable the connections. With Freedom doing the managing, they might be able to do it remotely, but that is more complex than physically disconnecting a cable.

I guess Sprogget is going to get 'not in range' / 'can not connect' type messages when he tries to phone home.

@Aria,
How do you want to handle the missing Alpha Apex here? Should Sprogget just find that Alpha has vanished while he was being jammed?

Let's assume they took Freedom's advice and broke connection to the main grids...

Yep, Alpha has just disappeared off the grid...given you are possibly out of range and aren't using normal comms this might or might not alarm you. When you get to within range of the cafe he was in he's gone!
JxJxA
@ Aria/E:PL/UK: No worries, that works for me. Stick n Shock is nasty, and deserves said nastiness to be repaid in kind. I'll be lobbing another White Phosphorous grenade towards him... vegm.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 7 2013, 10:33 AM) *
Let's assume they took Freedom's advice and broke connection to the main grids...

Yep, Alpha has just disappeared off the grid...given you are possibly out of range and aren't using normal comms this might or might not alarm you. When you get to within range of the cafe he was in he's gone!
Since Sprogget is currently a bit underpowered signal wise, the jammer was keeping him off of the air waves. He had no chance to notice Alpha missing until the jammer was turned off. So now he does the virtual double take on not getting a response.
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes
Edited my last few posts to fix the SIN.  Messed up a cut/paste, then carried the error forward.  Sprogget's signal was jammed for most of that, so nobody could see that anyway smile.gif

Tweak's character sheet is not in the list in Aria's thread reference

IC Post connection information based on having the team links that are set to only use local (direct) connections also acting as a small mesh network, to forward (route) the direct connections to other direct connections.  Managing that is actually a bit tricky given RAW.  Info there says the routing function is at a lower level, effectively invisible, to automatically do the mesh connections.  Which is {from RAW} why people can still get matrix connects and get comm calls when in hidden mode.

Given the timestamp on Scrapheaps post, Sprogget did not get the message.  He was still offline due to the jammer.
ChromeZephyr
I would think the message would simply hang until it could deliver. It's what our current text messages do if you're in a zero-signal area. *shrug*
JxJxA
Okay, time for some more retribution. XD

Free action: Shift Le Repartie to offhand
Simple action: Grab a white phosphorous grenade from luggage
Simple action: Chuck said grenade at "Sparkles the Shotgun-Toting Stick-n-Shocker"
Agi(9) + Throw(1) + Spec(2) - Cover(2) - Wound(1) = 9d6 for 3 hits.

I have to say, I'm enjoying this fight! I'm getting to fulfill some of my primary goals for playing a French assassin (be classy as fuck and curse up a beautiful storm in French). ^_^
Machine Ghost

@RdMarquis, the character sheet shows LeFey as having 'Tradition: Technoshaman', which should really be Stream: Technoshaman

@Aria, GM to consider whether using a Data Sprite Linguasoft to translate between dialects will 'work'.

QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 7 2013, 04:05 PM) *
I would think the message would simply hang until it could deliver.  It's what our current text messages do if you're in a zero-signal area.  *shrug*
For text messages, I agree.  I have been treating the jailbreakers channel as a live voice / comm feed, to allow the group to just 'chat' as needed.  Faster than text, and like text can include data inserts as needed.  Easy to assume that Scrapheap realizes, or Tweak tells him, from lack of response that there is no current connection, and resends it as a text message.  I use slightly different styling when sending text to visually separate.  Hmmm, you did use text styling, and I missed it.

The text message did not mention corp security, so Sprogget is going to be assuming KE.  Whether corp would involve KE for something like this is an open question.  FWIK, the general tendency is to keep things internal, and not share information.

@Aria, want to pick 'specs' for the commlink picked up from the corp girl?  Since the jammer cut the scream, I will start by assuming signal 3 or less.  Do you have current 'plans' for E:Tribes, or should Sprogget 'play' with that commlink and virus, assuming he makes it home with it?
Machine Ghost
@Aria

What would you consider the criteria to be, to create a new Technomancer resonance network/guild UW142/3 from scratch? The base I can see in RAW is a minimum of 4 people, at least 2 of which need to be technomancers, to be able to do the first network submersion.
QUOTE (UW143, Parties and Guilds)
Apart from technomancers, resonance networks also include a number of non-technomancer supporters who have aligned themselves with the network because of a shared agenda.
QUOTE (UW143, Network Submerision)
An appropriate rite of crossing must be prepared in advance and must be attended by at least three other members. The number of technomancer members in a network equals the maximum grade one can achieve via network submersion.
Also UW144, Finding and Joining a Network

That does not even say the other TM(s) need to have submersed themselves.
Typical chicken and egg, or bootstrap problem. How to create the *first* one if it takes one to create one.

The members do not even need to have ever meet physically.
QUOTE (UW143, Parties and Guilds)
Although a guild’s members meet exclusively online, may live on different continents, and possibly have never seen each other in the flesh, they feel connected to each other not only because of their abilities but because they share similar goals or beliefs.
Our jailbreakers group had (I think) 3 TMs in it, including the missing Alpha Apex. From general descriptions, Freedom will have more. It appears that Freedom would be a candidate to be or contain a resonance guild, without even needing to reference any outside resources. Maybe Sprogget needs to have a chat with Jazz for start, then Prospero after the virus is not holding his attention.

Speaking of Freedom personal, given the excitement over the virus, is someone going to be ready to talk to LeFey when we get there? Sprogget could take her home. Sis could be convinced to help out a 'waif', especially since the lifestyle includes Crash Pad RC163

Also, does the 'dumpshock rule' about spending karma basically anytime apply to submersion and initiation?
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 7 2013, 05:10 PM) *
@RdMarquis, the character sheet shows LeFey as having 'Tradition: Technoshaman', which should really be Stream: Technoshaman

I think that's just a quirk of my character creation program. I can change that.

Also,

Security Procedures (2) + Logic (4) = 6d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3913003/

2 hits to answer Sprogget's question.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 8 2013, 06:27 AM) *
Security Procedures (2) + Logic (4) = 6d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3913003/
2 hits to answer Sprogget's question.

Well you know enough to know what things would be like in a 'normal' situation, but how that has changed because of the Scream is anyone's guess! Feel free to respond as you like smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 8 2013, 05:00 AM) *
@Aria

What would you consider the criteria to be, to create a new Technomancer resonance network/guild UW142/3 from scratch? The base I can see in RAW is a minimum of 4 people, at least 2 of which need to be technomancers, to be able to do the first network submersion.
Also UW144, Finding and Joining a Network

That does not even say the other TM(s) need to have submersed themselves.
Typical chicken and egg, or bootstrap problem. How to create the *first* one if it takes one to create one.

The members do not even need to have ever meet physically.
Our jailbreakers group had (I think) 3 TMs in it, including the missing Alpha Apex. From general descriptions, Freedom will have more. It appears that Freedom would be a candidate to be or contain a resonance guild, without even needing to reference any outside resources. Maybe Sprogget needs to have a chat with Jazz for start, then Prospero after the virus is not holding his attention.

Speaking of Freedom personal, given the excitement over the virus, is someone going to be ready to talk to LeFey when we get there? Sprogget could take her home. Sis could be convinced to help out a 'waif', especially since the lifestyle includes Crash Pad RC163

Also, does the 'dumpshock rule' about spending karma basically anytime apply to submersion and initiation?

Yes, there is a small resonance guild in Freedom. Although there are a few TMs in the Mechanicals nobody has bothered to form a group. Just as an aside, can't you submerge without a group like an initiate can? I confess I've never played a TM for long enough for it to matter nyahnyah.gif

Freedom sort of gave you the mission so you assume they are expecting her! Unfortunatly I think it was Alpha who was the principal contact at Freedom when this started... if you want to snaffle her back to the Mechanicals it would probably raise a few eyebrows when people eventually noticed but as a temporary measure the groups are close enough that nobody would mind!

Yes, feel free to spend karma at any time. Some justification might be required for something brand new like an emergance but as long as it makes its way into the IC I'm fine with that (eg. Copperhead boosted her magic mid run with her totem giving her a mental prod!) I don't think any upgrades will massively derail what's going on and I'm adapatable enough to make your lives hell regardless ork.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 8 2013, 01:10 AM) *
@Aria, want to pick 'specs' for the commlink picked up from the corp girl?  Since the jammer cut the scream, I will start by assuming signal 3 or less.  Do you have current 'plans' for E:Tribes, or should Sprogget 'play' with that commlink and virus, assuming he makes it home with it?

Novatech Airware + Iris Orb [R3/Si3/F3/Sy3] + FTL Matrixware Net Wizard Analyze [3] Browse [3] Command [1] Edit [2] Purge [3]

I have 'plans' but equally I'm happy for you to play and take the action in whatever direction you want - see comment about adaptability above smile.gif
Aria
@E:PL/UK

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs)

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

6.1 Microskimmer drone enters and fires a flashpak [-4 visibility or -2 with flare comp for 10 rnds (or until you destroy the drone!) – note, mods stack with smoke], attackers enter the pump station. Tsubaki and the Collots are retreating further into the pump station
6.2 Gemeaux destroys the drone, Mordred hits one of the breachers with a burst. Attackers get some cover at the top of the companionway looking down into the pump room
6.3 Tsubaki loses contact with spirit outside, Gemeaux fires at Mordred’s target & he goes down, Mordred fires [using pre-genned rolls], wings attacker 1

7.1 Mordred & Gemeaux fires again [using pre-genned rolls], Attacker 1 lays down suppressing fire with SnS, attacker 3 drops to same floor level as Gemeaux & Mordred. Gemeaux chucks grenade at attacker 1 (assuming you don’t risking life and limb against SnS and throw once burst has gone past…!)
7.2 Attacker 3 burst fire at Gemeaux (rolled surprise for you both! ork.gif) Attacker one drops his gun and launches himself down to your level like a burning comet!
Fairy
@Aria/UK

Let's try this again!

8d6.hits(5)=4, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=0

Force 4 Spirit summoned with 3 tasks and 2 Drain! biggrin.gif ...Can I buy off the 2 Drain, instead?

Also, I am not at home right now. So, I haven't done the IC part yet. But, I thought I'd post something somewhere because the combat turns are going around pretty fast! :O
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 8 2013, 02:30 PM) *
@Aria/UK

Let's try this again!

8d6.hits(5)=4, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=0

Force 4 Spirit summoned with 3 tasks and 2 Drain! biggrin.gif ...Can I buy off the 2 Drain, instead?

Also, I am not at home right now. So, I haven't done the IC part yet. But, I thought I'd post something somewhere because the combat turns are going around pretty fast! :O

Don't worry too much...it would take you more than a couple of rounds to cross the dam, find the door and then think about doing something so just post when you can and that will be whatever round we come to smile.gif fudged for playability rather than realism smile.gif
JxJxA
A blazing comet?!? Well, good thing a blazing comet that enters my celestial sphere of influence break up in the atmosphere...as the strength of my French cologne is nigh unbearable. :-p

Le Repartie: Modded Colt M23
Mods: Extended Clip, Internal Smartgun System, Personalized Grip, Gas Vent R3, Powered Folding Stock
Range w/o Penalties: 0-50 (-1 med, -3 long, -6 extreme)
Ammo: EX-Explosive (50c)
DV: 7P
AP: -2
RC: 5

Free Action: Take aim at Blazing Comet (courtesy of Krav Maga)
Simple Action: Quick draw Le Repartie and Narrow Burst on Blazing Comet #1
Quick Draw: Need 3 hits
Agi(9) React(8) + Fire(4) - Wound(1) = 12d6 11d6 for 3 hits. Edit: Forgot that it's React, not Agi. Sorry x_x
Narrow Burst #1:
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smart(2) + Aim(1) + Synch(1) - Recoil (2 - 5 = 0) - Cover(2) - Visibility(2) - Wound(1) = 12d6 for 3 hits.
Simple Action: Narrow Burst #2 on Blazing Comet if alive, or on Cheeky Bastard with the Assault Weapon and other appropriate dice knocked off the end.
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smart(2) + Synch(1) - Recoil (5 - 5 = 0) - Cover(2) - Visibility(2) - Wound(1) = 11d6 for 4 hits.

35 bullets remaining in clip
Fairy
@JxJxA

Sounds suggestive. I like kinda like it. XD
JxJxA
QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 9 2013, 02:54 AM) *
@JxJxA

Sounds suggestive. I like kinda like it. XD

Just remember, he is French. The copious dollops of cologne merely mask the consequences of only taking a weekly shower... grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif
Fairy
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 8 2013, 12:03 PM) *
Just remember, he is French. The copious dollops of cologne merely mask the consequences of only taking a weekly shower... grinbig.gif grinbig.gif grinbig.gif

You dirty bastard! XD
Machine Ghost

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 8 2013, 05:52 AM) *
Yes, there is a small resonance guild in Freedom.  Although there are a few TMs in the Mechanicals nobody has bothered to form a group.  Just as an aside, can't you submerge without a group like an initiate can?  I confess I've never played a TM for long enough for it to matter nyahnyah.gif

Freedom sort of gave you the mission so you assume they are expecting her!  Unfortunatly I think it was Alpha who was the principal contact at Freedom when this started... if you want to snaffle her back to the Mechanicals it would probably raise a few eyebrows when people eventually noticed but as a temporary measure the groups are close enough that nobody would mind!

Yes, feel free to spend karma at any time.  Some justification might be required for something brand new like an emergance but as long as it makes its way into the IC I'm fine with that (eg. Copperhead boosted her magic mid run with her totem giving her a mental prod!)  I don't think any upgrades will massively derail what's going on and I'm adapatable enough to make your lives hell regardless ork.gif
Perfectly possible to submerge alone, but the karma cost goes up.  As part of a network {party or guild}, the cost drops 20%.  Using a preparation submersion tasks drops it another 20%.  So 7 karma instead of 13 for the first SR4A243, UW141, UW143
At least I think that 'round up' means to round up the 20% reduction.  IE 20% of 13 is 2.6, rounded up to 3, so first 20% reduction is 10 karma.
Makes a significant difference.  Lots more things to spend karma on.  Like more and better complex forms. And skills. And attribute increases. And ...

That guild is something else to ask Jazz about when we get to the mall (see below).  Do you have/want specific names for the members (they do not need to be only Fre∑dom and Mechanicals members), or leave them anonymous?  What will be important is their availability.  How many can get together, with how much notice.

Also, going forward, having access to a guild can help with some tasks: UW143 Netweaving.  Having extra dice to resist fading can really help with some things.  In another game, I had a TM call a rank 4 sprite.  Twice.  The sprites got great dice both times, resulting in one unconscious TM.  12 stun will do that.

Alpha was principle contact, and he got the 'orders' from Prospero, with Aria? talking to LeFey initially.  Alpha has vanished, Glyph knew Prospero was involved, but she is gone too.  Prospero is likely to be very focused on the virus, and keeping Fre∑dom nexus safe from it, while wanting to get full access back up.  Jazz pointed the Mechanicals group to the meeting with Alpha and Glyph (a little late), and has had some interactions that imply she knows a little about it.  Tweak implied limited knowledge too.  Sprogget is pretty sure that Prospero knows what the general plan was.

As an investment prospectus would say: this is forward looking information smile.gif  Given available information, Sprogget's plan would be to get to the Fre∑dom mall, and talk to Jazz first.  Ask about Alpha and Glyph, find they have not shown up, then ask about what the plan was for LeFey's arrival.  If Prospero left instruction to set LeFey up someplace, fine.  If the virus has left his plans in disarray, Sprogget will suggest moving on to the shop and home, at least for the evening / night.  That van probably needs a bit of cosmetic work from the trip to Bellevue, plus the accident anyway.  A few dents and scrapes to touch up.

As far as upgrades, and current plans, the one in the works that could affect some things, is adding Chameleon Coating AR133 to the Monocycle.  I am waiting to get back to the shop to do that smile.gif  I am still working on how to fit in things that have explicit time constraints.  That mod *should* take about 18 hours of solid work, given decent dice.  Submersion tasks could be worse.  The Source Code task UW142 is Logic+Software(8+desired submersion grade, 1 week) extended test.  With the bonuses for lifestyle and Analytical Mind quality, Sprogget is currently rolling 10 dice, so good dice will make that 3 weeks. 

I have a query out in the rules forum about alternate submersion tasks.  The available tasks do not look 'interesting' to a dronomancer, that tends to focus more of the tech side than the software.  Source code is possible, with the result being oriented toward the interaction of hardware / sensors with the matrix / resonance world: sensor software, noise filtering, (sensor) data enhancement, sensor data interpretation.  Reassembling AR142 would be a good one, as long as Free Sprites UW157-160 (and access to them) is something you want with E:Tribes.  That could involve other things too, like resonance bonds, unless you have some ideas about other 'deals' that might interest Sprogget, that the Sprite could do.  Sprogget did not take that quality UW37.  Like contacts, that should be earnable with RP, but seems a bit cheesy to try to pick up as a side benefit of the karma spend for the submersion.  For submersion purposes, the reassembly task is much quicker.  Just needs the time to register a sprite that would be of interest to the free sprite, then the same amount again for the absorbstion process.  For anything but an allocation bond, details of the sprite capabilities would be important.  There, all that needs to be know is it base (resonance) rating.  For reassembly, the 'interests' of the sprite also need to be known, to create a registered sprite that would interest it (unless it just specifies the type).

QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 8 2013, 06:00 AM) *
Novatech Airware + Iris Orb [R3/Si3/F3/Sy3] + FTL Matrixware Net Wizard  Analyze [3] Browse [3] Command [1] Edit [2] Purge [3]

I have 'plans' but equally I'm happy for you to play and take the action in whatever direction you want - see comment about adaptability above smile.gif
If nothing else, after cleanup, that would make a decent link to put a Fake SIN on.  Or I could give it to 'sis' (especially if the 'styling' does not fit Sprogget).  If the virus does not attack immediately, one of the first things to check on that link is the data.  Contact lists specifically, and see if it WAS recording the accident.  Find out who the owner is, and see if can identify wanna be muscle boy and the crashed car.  Also any information to indicate if either of those might have been used for 'life recording'.  There WILL be precautions taken, starting with concerns about the virus, but also sufficient to prevent tracing the location of the Airwave.  Note that the link is currently in a Faraday cage bag, so any RFID tags that might be used to track it are offline.  They will stay that way during the inspection, inside a larger Faraday cage.

Well Sprogget will just have to be careful with prep work, to attempt to 'limit' some of those options smile.gif  There are enough opportunities to connect with trouble, without leaving doors open for simple preventable issues.

I have a couple of ideas about the >1rtu@l5cr3@m that I have not seen in the IC posts so far, so anything Sprogget does there might make more work for you.  Without IC access to the previous results, he would duplicate much of the things tried by others, but with some additional 'wrinkles'.  If that looks viable, you might want to have a summary of what information he can find with a focused matrix search on what is known so far about the >1rtu@l5cr3@m, as of whenever the team breaks up for the night.  Unless LeFey, and maybe Tweak want to join in on that too, after other things settled.  The virus has tweaked Sprogget's interest some, due to the wide range of hardware devices that it has been reported to target.  He wants to know how to protect his own equipment, and is curious where it came from.  Once he starts get information, he is going to be confused and more curious.  It has aspects of several things he knows about, but refuses to fit cleanly in a normal category.

Side note: When you were picking the initial names for the Mechanicals members, did you happen to *mean* Sprocket instead of Sprogget?  I like the twist using Sprogget, but the other is more directly mechanical.
Notsoevildm
@Aria: Big bunch of rolls for Copperhead.

Throwing smoke grenade into open space:
defaulting to AGI = 2d6.hits(5)=0 - no glitches is about as good as it gets.

Aim is to summon 4 F3 (reduced to F2) spirits to distract the pursuers, but she is not very good at it so lots of summoning, resist summoning, resist drain rolls:
Summon: Conjuring 3 + Magic 4 - BG 1 = 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=0
Spirit resists (F3) = 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=2, 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=2, 3d6.hits(5)=2
Resist drain: Will 5 + Cha 4 = 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=5, 9d6.hits(5)=0, 9d6.hits(5)=6, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3

Results:
1 net hit, no drain - air spirit, key powers: Accident, Confusion, optional power: Fear. Attack mode: scare, confuse and casue accidents
1 net hit, 2S drain - beast pirit, key powers: Fear, optional power: Venom. Attack mode: scare and bite
0 net hits, no drain
2 net hits, no drain - spirit of man, key powers: Accident, Confusion, optional power: Psychokinesis. Attack mode: confuse and throw stuff at them
1 net hit, 2S drain (total 4S) - earth spirit, key powers: none, optional power: Engulf. Attack mode: engulf

Not as bad as I thought: only took 5 attempts for 4 F2 spirits.
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
First step in getting my GM hat back on. Updated OOC summary.

Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. In Argent's kid's school's node wiating for clean node to return home. GM to post.

Uller - moved to Barrens. Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Sent a message to see if Big Peat is still with us. MIA.

Cipher - on his way to hospital in possessed cab. Currently on 6S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 3S). GM to post.

Dubstep, Cat - Just finished up at the Anathma abnd heading home. Might I suggest the Hai Fuk noodle house as a good place for lunch. Yes, it's in the barrens, but it is in triad territory and hence relatively 'safe' unless you have issues with them. Yes, it is also a whorehouse, but mostly at night. Lunch menu is reasonably priced and while you won't find any real meat, the vegetarian dishes are good and the tea is excellent. Will also give you a chance to hook up with Dante. If okay, post your arrival and OOC any precautions you take in getting there and any gear you take along.

Alex Bianchi - Rescuing Harvey. GM to post.

Dante - Talking with Jenny Ho at noodle house. GM to post.
Slacker
@Virtual Scream: Notsoevildm, Cat

Dubstep is cool with the Hai Fuk noodle for lunch. I'll try to get something IC posted up tomorrow.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Feb 9 2013, 04:50 AM) *
@Aria: Big bunch of rolls for Copperhead.

Throwing smoke grenade into open space:
defaulting to AGI = 2d6.hits(5)=0 - no glitches is about as good as it gets.

Aim is to summon 4 F3 (reduced to F2) spirits to distract the pursuers, but she is not very good at it so lots of summoning, resist summoning, resist drain rolls:
Summon: Conjuring 3 + Magic 4 - BG 1 = 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=0
Spirit resists (F3) = 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=2, 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=0, 3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=2, 3d6.hits(5)=2
Resist drain: Will 5 + Cha 4 = 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=5, 9d6.hits(5)=0, 9d6.hits(5)=6, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3

Results:
1 net hit, no drain - air spirit, key powers: Accident, Confusion, optional power: Fear. Attack mode: scare, confuse and casue accidents
1 net hit, 2S drain - beast pirit, key powers: Fear, optional power: Venom. Attack mode: scare and bite
0 net hits, no drain
2 net hits, no drain - spirit of man, key powers: Accident, Confusion, optional power: Psychokinesis. Attack mode: confuse and throw stuff at them
1 net hit, 2S drain (total 4S) - earth spirit, key powers: none, optional power: Engulf. Attack mode: engulf

Not as bad as I thought: only took 5 attempts for 4 F2 spirits.
You seem to be overdoing summoning per RAW. A magician can only have one unbound spirit at a time. Plus watchers. SR4A188, Summoning, just before the Glitches paragraph. Watchers probably not viable, due to the background count (taint)

EDIT: Idea I use for compiling sprites : roll both the compile and opposed sprite resist together. Keeps them matched up. Sample: Compile opposed Tutor Sprite(3) (8d6.hits(5)=3, 3d6.hits(5)=2)
The trick is to separate the 2 rolls with a semicolon. I haven't tried it, but you should be able to do multiple groups of rolls that way, by also setting the count.
Machine Ghost

@RdMarquis, you must have used an old message for cut and paste.  The latest IC post shows the location as Senlis Residence, Bellevue

@Aria, RdMarquis, potential leadin to network guild.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 9 2013, 10:03 PM) *

@RdMarquis, you must have used an old message for cut and paste.  The latest IC post shows the location as Senlis Residence, Bellevue

@Aria, RdMarquis, potential leadin to network guild.

Considering when I was writing that post, I'm just happy it turned out coherent. nyahnyah.gif

By the way, how close to Gemeaux and Mordred is the comet guy?
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Feb 10 2013, 01:11 AM) *
@Virtual Scream: Notsoevildm, Cat

Dubstep is cool with the Hai Fuk noodle for lunch. I'll try to get something IC posted up tomorrow.

Cat is ok with Hai Fuk too, but is unlikely to know of it's existence. Slacker, can you have Dubstep suggest it?
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
IC posts up.

Aria/Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. In Argent's kid's school's node wiating for clean node to return home. Argent will make an admin account on her commlink. I assume her link is pretty much SOTA with an agent constantly running Analyze. Argent will have called in a couple of favors to help her with Gossamer's chassis. I was thinking of using Copperhead's contacts: Slater (mouthy elf street decker) for the matrix part and Cutter (grumpy cybered ork ganger) for the heavy lifting, but feel free to use other contacts that she can call on at short notice (and who haven't been hit by the virus themselves). Aria to post

Mister J/Cipher - Welcom to Ares Seattle General Hospital. Currently on 6S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 3S). Mister J to post.

ChromeZephyr/Alex Bianchi - Help the dwarf or go after the goons with his link? ChromeZephyr to post.

Phlapjack77/Dante - Talking with Jenny Ho at noodle house. Phlapjack to post, but don't leave yet. Dubstep and Cat are on their way to you.

Dubstep, Cat - Just finished up at the Anathma abnd heading home. Might I suggest the Hai Fuk noodle house as a good place for lunch. Yes, it's in the barrens, but it is in triad territory and hence relatively 'safe' unless you have issues with them. Yes, it is also a whorehouse, but mostly at night. Lunch menu is reasonably priced and while you won't find any real meat, the vegetarian dishes are good and the tea is excellent. Will also give you a chance to hook up with Dante. If okay, post your arrival and OOC any precautions you take in getting there and any gear you take along.

Uller - Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Sent a message to see if Big Peat is still with us. MIA.
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Feb 10 2013, 02:45 AM) *
Cat is ok with Hai Fuk too, but is unlikely to know of it's existence. Slacker, can you have Dubstep suggest it?

Sure.
JxJxA
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 10 2013, 05:04 PM) *
By the way, how close to Gemeaux and Mordred is the comet guy?

Given my narrow bursts at close range, I'm hoping Blazing Comet is dead. smile.gif
Aria
@NSEDM:
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Feb 10 2013, 04:25 AM) *
You seem to be overdoing summoning per RAW. A magician can only have one unbound spirit at a time. Plus watchers. SR4A188, Summoning, just before the Glitches paragraph. Watchers probably not viable, due to the background count (taint)

Machine has this one correct but I'm happy (as you've made the rolls already and written up the IC) for these four to be pre-bound spirits with one service each. Given that you've only got binding 1 that seems appropriate - you're releasing your army to ward off pursuit! That ok?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 11 2013, 01:53 PM) *
@NSEDM:
Machine has this one correct but I'm happy (as you've made the rolls already and written up the IC) for these four to be pre-bound spirits with one service each. Given that you've only got binding 1 that seems appropriate - you're releasing your army to ward off pursuit! That ok?
Works for me. I was thinking that she could summon up to (Charisma) spirits, but that is just the total of bound and unbound. Guess I don't play mages in SR enough! Will keep in mind for the future and just assume that Snake was letting her bend the rules as part of her training.

And yes, Copperhead's mentor spirit is not averse to giving her lessons while under attack in the Chicago CZ. In fact, she thinks it's the best way for her pupil to learn.
ChromeZephyr
@Notsoevildm: Would Alex have any idea of who Charlie is? I'm confused.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Feb 11 2013, 07:31 PM) *
@Notsoevildm: Would Alex have any idea of who Charlie is? I'm confused.

Alex has no idea who Charlie is. And while Harvey might not be dying, he is obviously badly injured despite his claims otherwise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012