Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
Oops, forgot to grab my sniper rifle's silencer. Any chance I could tag that onto my shopping list? I'll post IC with Demon asking Molly to add it to his purchase. smile.gif

I might be able to provide Pixel with some cover fire from afar...in a chameleon suit...with a chameleoned sniper rifle...that is hopefully silenced nyahnyah.gif
AppliedCheese
The ranges are all sub 150m. No need to worry about using the sniper rifle if you have something else silenced. You could probably argue pretty well that the middle of multiple detonations and a hail of HMG/Assault cannon fire, your one shot with a rifle is probably not going to stand out that much...
JxJxA
True, but I'm not sure he'll have a chance to head home to pick up more of his accessories. Buying one now might be a good bet if we end up trying to get the drop on people in the future.

As for the fight right now, the rifle has a little extra oomph in the DV category and, adding in the APDS ammo, is rocking -7 AP. biggrin.gif This will probably be good if I'm providing you and Pixel cover fire (because I'm sure as hell not going out there if there's a better infiltrator in the party). nyahnyah.gif
LostProxy
I've had this idea brewing on my computer for a while. A troll made man out for revenge after the part of the family he was linked to the closest was wiped out (mix of arrests and assassinations.) Now he's on a subtle search for vengeance slowly rooting out the members of the family that betrayed them. His mission is to take them out of the picture while keeping his image of loyalty unquestioned. Is Way of the Adepts ok?
Notsoevildm
@Seth
Coppehead's rolls for magical support:

Summon F3 Air spirit: Cha 3 + Magic 3 = 6d6.hits(5)=2
Spirit resists = Force 3 = 3d6.hits(5)=0 - 2 services, begging and manipulation does the trick
Resist 2S drain = Willpower 5 + Charisma 3 = 8d6.hits(5)=4 - no drain

Cast Detect enemies F3 = Cha 3 + Magic 3 + Mentor 2 = 8d6.hits(5)=4 - limited to 3
Resist (3/2)+1 = 2S drain = Willpower 5 + Charisma 3 = 8d6.hits(5)=2 - no drain
JxJxA
Also, I'm going to start using the acronym function to translate my French. smile.gif
AppliedCheese
I like the one about ghostwhiner.
JxJxA
Dealer's paranoia finally got to Demon. nyahnyah.gif

I also felt like I had to find something Shadowrun related. The first two popped into my head the moment I thought of the word whiner. spin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (LostProxy @ Aug 28 2011, 07:29 PM) *
I've had this idea brewing on my computer for a while. A troll made man out for revenge after the part of the family he was linked to the closest was wiped out (mix of arrests and assassinations.) Now he's on a subtle search for vengeance slowly rooting out the members of the family that betrayed them. His mission is to take them out of the picture while keeping his image of loyalty unquestioned. Is Way of the Adepts ok?

All books are fine!
AppliedCheese
Paranoia? Paranoia?! They're actually out to get you! wink.gif

The only variable is the size of the "they" in question...
JxJxA
LOL! Well, to be fair to our original gang of three...it looks like the "they" are out to get Pixel this time. nyahnyah.gif
Seth
@General
OK I am back in a civilized world with internet access. I hope to move back to a more active posting regime.

I'm enjoying reading the "go rescue pixel" "covering fire..." argument

I've moved the timeline to 23:00:15 to cover the talking, and to 23:00:30 to cover getting out of the hole in the ground and back into the fight. So much for my plan with you lot running away yet again! You are all tooled up and ready to rock. If I think it's inevitable death for you to continue I will tell you. But for now go out and kick butt, take prisoners and spoil my evil plans ork.gif

Video of kevlar wallpaper to help understand what the inside of the cafe is looking like

@JxJxA
You can have the silencer but note that applied cheese's comment is very valid:...
LOL! Well, to be fair to our original gang of three...it looks like the "they" are out to get Pixel this time.

Mantra: Geek the Mage. Geek the Hacker. Geek everyone else.
Personally in 2072 I'm not sure which is the bigger threat: Mage or Hacker.
Unfortunately for the bad guys, Pixel appears to no longer be in the crosshairs of a sniper: the two that were standing have fallen under a fusillade of bullets although the one that had spirit cover has been lost in the chaos.

It's clear that EMM286 has some personality problems: probably damaged by testing his own psychotropic options.

@LostProxy
I am very sorry, but I think the game I am running is full. However Aria's game is lots of fun (and also involves running from overwhelming force)

@Copperhead:
Noted your spells. Snake hisses approvingly

@AppliedCheese
Paranoia? Paranoia?! They're actually out to get you!

Even if you're a paranoid sometimes they are out to get you anyway

@Xarin
I disagree with you on your interpretation of hacking on the fly rules. I'm sorry but the game I am running has it so that hackers are effective, not just the PC hackers. Hence: Drones are spoofable, Hacking on the fly generally works, and is often used. Encryption works like the shadowrun fluff says it does. I'm sorry but I don't want any further hassle on this: We will move rules disputes to questions in the general forum.
I'll do my best to follow the rules, but I want to enjoy GMing this game. The shadowrun hacking rules are so complex that everyone that reads them thinks they work differently, and I have to have a simple set that I can use. Mostly I care about "how many bp / karma /cash have you spent on this topic" and "how well did you roll" vs "how much bp / karma / cash did the bad guy have, and "how well did they roll".

So lets move to the cybercombat.

IP1: Emm386 moves to attack you with his poisoned claws:
You respond by crashing his exploit program (you did it: its state is now unloaded see p 230. It will take him a complex action to reload it)
The system tried to sever emm386's connection and failed.

He strikes you with his unpleasant attack 6 program: 5 successes.
Agent 1 strikes you with a nasty attack 5 program: 2 success
Agent 2 strikes you with a nasty attack 5 program: 2 successes
I use the rule that each defense is -1 die on the previous roll (this is another topic that the main forum cannot reach a consensus on). If he hits you the unpleasant psychotropic stuff probably won't affect you.

IP2: Chortling and chuckling he moves in again
Again the claws reach for you. Only 4 successes this time
Agent 1: 3 successes
Agent 2: 4 successes

IP3: The jamming comes crashing down, and his icon and his agents vanish

Can you do an IC post for your counters and actions in IP1 and 2, then describe him vanishing in IP3?
galenbd
I understand Aria was out for a bit, but Jamie is waiting to find out if the ammo load on the drone was dumped.
Xarin
@Seth:
Fair enough. I'll get the IC up tonight after work. And dang, I want one of his Agent programs O_o Rating 5 agents are nice.

Is emm386 using an actual Attack program or is he using BlackIC programs like BlackHammer and Blackout? Same question for the agents. It matters for the IC post so I know if it's doing matrix damage or trying to do real damage.
Seth
@Xarin
Thanks for the IC. If you crash his node, I'll let you have one of his agents as a trophy (there is fluff support for this)

He is using an actual attack program with options, and one of those options is a hideous homebrew psychotropic thing of doom that looks horribly unstable to you. If he was a wizard we would say "he is dabbling with that which man ought not what", as it is he is dabbling at the forefront of psychotropic research, and he may or may not really know what he is doing..

He is trying to do matrix damage, but he knows that if you are in hot or cold sim, the psychotropic component will screw you up. The agents are doing the same, and have cut down versions of the same programs as they are not as powerful.

Seth
I understand Aria was out for a bit, but Jamie is waiting to find out if the ammo load on the drone was dumped.

In his last post indicated that your cunning plan for dumping ammo worked. (I was planning on driving it into the ground while jumped in or smashing into the incoming copter, but I suspect i am not a good enough hacker to pull it off).

Since you are still in (Doza is carrying you, and I am carrying the child), do you want to try and do something so that they don't see us? We are planning on running through warehouses to break line of sight.
LostProxy
I'm done with my character except for one thing. The Fubuki in the core book from the fluff has electronic firing but I don't think that it was an official mod at that point. Does it start with it or will I have to get it separately?
AppliedCheese
Rolling two narrow long bursts with the ares. Hit them as they come through the door where they can't dodge or react.

Priority is putting people down in the doorway. Once a target goes down, move to the next one. Every body in that doorway is going to cause them to jam up like fish in a barrel.

(9 Agi + 5 Automatics + 2 Smartgun - 2 cover - 3 recoil after modifiers) = 11d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3168839/

4 and 7 hits respectively.

Damage should be 11 DV (6P + 5P narrow bonus) + net hits, -5 armor.
Xarin
@Seth:
Alrighty, with no directly offensive programs installed and ready for a fight (and no spare processing power to use them) we'll go about it in a round-about fashion.

So, here we go.

IP1:
Simple action, Perception on emm386: Computer 6 + Analyze 6 + Percieve in Detail 3 = (15d6.hits(5)=5)
Taking a guess at emm's stats (roughly) for counter-roll to keep things moving:Stop Pixel's perception: Hacking 6 + Stealth 6 + Hot-sim 2 + Encaphalon (or other gizmo) 1 = (15d6.hits(5)=7) No info gleened.

Simple action, Try Perception again
Perception on emm386 (try 2): Computer 6 + Analyze 6 + Percieve in Detail 3 = (15d6.hits(5)=2)
Stop Pixel's 2nd perception: Hacking 6 + Stealth 6 + Hot-sim 2 + Encaphalon (or other gizmo) 1 = (15d6.hits(5)=7)
again, nothing useful.

Defense rolls:
vs emm: Matrix Defense vs emm386 IP1: Response 6 + Firewall 6 + Alert 4 (16d6.hits(5)=4)
Resist 7 matrix damage: System 6 (6d6.hits(5)=3), 4 damage taken
vs Agent 1: Matrix Defense vs Agent 1 IP1: Response 6 + Firewall 6 + Alert 4 - Damage 1 - 2nd Defense roll 1 (14d6.hits(5)=4) wiff!
vs Agent 2: Matrix Defense vs Agent 2 IP1: Response 6 + Firewall 6 + Alert 4 - Damage 1 - 3nd Defense roll 2 (13d6.hits(5)=8 )uber-wiff (Critical succes)!

IP2:
Crash emm386's Stealth program:Crash emm386's Stealth program: Haking 9 + Exploit 6 - Damage 1 = (14d6.hits(5)=2)
Resist Crash Stealth attempt: System 6 + Firewall 6 + Hot-Sim 2 = (14d6.hits(5)=5)
No luck again.

Defense rolls:
vs emm: Defense vs emm386 IP2: Response 6 + Firewall 6 + Alert 4 - Damage 1 = (15d6.hits(5)=5) wiff!
vs Agent 1: Defense vs Agent 1 IP2: Response 6 + Firewall 6 + Alert 4 - Damage 1 - 2nd Defense roll 1 = (14d6.hits(5)=5) Wiff again!
vs Agent 2:Defense vs Agent 2 IP2: Response 6 + Firewall 6 + Alert 4 - Damage 1 - 2nd Defense roll 2 = (13d6.hits(5)=8 ) Wiff #3 (Critical succes)!

Ok, IC post in the works now, so let me know if something's way off here. I'm guessing at what emm386 has for his rolls and assuming pretty top-end PC ranges for augmented characters. Seems like Invisible Castle doesn't want me to do much of anything, but it sure doesn't want me to go down either. It has degenerated this into a matrix slap-fight, lol nyahnyah.gif
Seth
@Xarin
IP 1: Noted. And not a bad guess
IP 2: He's nasty, but his agents are wussy! you have that mostly undercontrol. Your icon has taken a little matrix damage.

Slap fights are were it's at once found out. He's trying to count coup (and kill you with the psychotropic add ons). Sadly for him the jamming gets him, and you weren't in hot sim.

When the electronic noise comes down, you are in one of the programmable nulls, as are your drones.

You are several combat rounds behind the others, so can you state your rough actions for the next few rounds.
  • A fire fight has broken out, and HE explosives/FAB are filling the space between you and the cafe (this is mostly to make it so that the IC that the others have done is still correct).
  • There is a lost of dust / smoke in the air from the fire elementals and the high explosives.
  • There is at least one sniper around who may know where you are
  • Marvin has been spoofed, and commanded to land. He hasn't landed yet, as that will take him time, so you can countermand that (will take a couple of complex actions to sort out).

@Applied cheese
Good thing you have the APDS. Their stormtrooper armor is tough, but that's going to hurt. Their general dodgyness/armour reduces it to a mere(?) 7 stun damage. I'll IC what you see when a few others have responded. They looked pretty combat drugged up (i.e. pain tolerance a bit) but another of those and down they go.
Just a quick rules check: IIRC the burst isn't added to the damage when checking if it's physical or stun.

You will be pleased to note that one of them couldn't work out where you are (there is a lot of smoke and you are chamoed I beleive) the other one sees you.

@General
coming through the doorway this combat round will be 6 stormtroopers unnamed corporate goons. They are coming through roughly 2 per IP.

Goons are going on initiative 12, I didn't check Dealer's initiative, but I am assuming he went first and trashed their rolls a bit.

IP 1:
Two lots of suppressing fire. Good thing for you they don't have their tacnet!
OK so they are a little distracted, and grenaded and shot:
Anyone who is out of cover needs to use the avoid the suppressing fire of 1 success and 2 success from the front two goons.
Seth
@LostProxy
If I were you I would post your character early to get feedback from the others. I have always found that many eyes make a better character smile.gif

Looking forwards to playing with you.
Xarin
@Seth:
Alright, over the next few rounds to catch up:

Couple actions to de-spoof Marvin and get him back in action. Have him hover high up for his high-end sensors to provide a sort of top-down tactical view. (essentially covered already, IC)

Weave through some of the smoke and dust (go thermal vision!) to shake off possible spotters (ie: fresh infiltrate roll)

Get Alpha (doberman) moving into the cafe to support (maybe he was ducked behind the counter to give Hansai support originally?) (simple action to Issue Command)

Get Eddie (LEBD-1) adding some air support from outside, aiming for any reinforcements heading to the cafe. (simple action to Issue Command)

Get Beanie up near Molly's escape route (if it's underground, then park near the exit) (simple action to Issue Command) and head over to rendevous with the car.

Toss out a Southpark quip, "You shot Hansai! You [unflattering Or'Zet expression]!!"

In my spare time, remote control Alpha / Eddie to directly participate in the ensuing battle (assume the drones are doing thier Pilot complex actions on thier first IPs when not under direct remote control).

Would you like me to play / roll out all my drones? Figure it'd take some work off you smile.gif Let me know how far to go on the list and I'll IC it up.
Seth
@Xarin
Unfortunately you don't know where Molly's escape tunnel comes out.

It's probably a bad idea to drive your vehicle right now: there is a lot of heavy fire power out there, and you would attract attention (the turrets on those lorries look like they are designed to deal with vans like yours, and they have missiles as well). Still they are distracted...

I appreciate the offer thanks. I just want to get a general idea of how effective your drones were: a blow by blow account would take too long.

If you could do the following it would be helpful. Your tacnet is currently working between yourself and the drones, but no others

For yourself:
  • A reaction + edge to cover getting to your vehicle vs 3 successes(i.e. the general chaos is like suppressing fire), damage 5P
  • A visual perception and an assensing roll

If you decide to drive out:
  • Pilot + ground craft for roughly how well you drive out
  • 10 rolls for Reaction and 10 soak rolls in case you get hit.

For each drone if you could roll 10 times for
  • Command + Pilot to see how well positioned they are
  • Sensors + Gunnery for sensor locking
  • Command + Gunnery to see how much chaos they can cause (and let me know the weapon/ammo types)
  • Pilot to see how often they are hit
  • Body + Armor in case they are hit

In addition
  • How high is the drone if airborne
  • How visible is it? i.e. are there visibility modifiers etc
  • What sensors do they have (there is a lot of chaff / flares / thermal smoke etc going on)

If you want to you can say the drones will pull out if they are getting hammered, or that they will fight to the death!

Given those I can give you an idea of how much chaos etc was caused, and the state of your drones.
galenbd
Jamie, Doza, Jotomon

I know I need to post, but work is being a mess. i'll try to get a post in tomorrow afternoon.
Xarin
@Seth:
•A reaction + edge to cover getting to your vehicle vs 3 successes(i.e. the general chaos is like suppressing fire), damage 5P
If it's that hot near the vehicle, I'll hang back. The idea was to get out of the fire zone, personally, and circle around the whole area to catch up with the van at a safer location.

If I do drive it out, it's Command + Pilot Ground Craft (currently defaulting to Command -1). But if it's not getting shot at right now, and we don't need it for pulling out yet, I'm happy leaving it where it is for the moment.

On the avoiding getting hit, is that the Drone's Pilot you want, or Pixel's Command + Pilot? It just says Pilot so for this batch I assume you mean the drone's Pilot. I'll cook up new rolls if I'm wrong. Or I suppose you could just copy the positioning rolls.

So:

Pixel, perception roll (not using Astral Perception since it makes me vulnerable and much more visible to Astral threats if I do it).
Basic Audio / Visual Perception: Perception 1 + Intuition 4 + A/V Enhancements 3 + tacnet 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=3)
Reaction + edge is it still applies (tacnet for finding clearer lanes through the firepower):Escape/find cover in battlefield: Reaction 6 + Edge 2 + tacnet 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=4)

If possible, also an Infiltration roll to find a good hiding spot out of the line of fire: Hide from battle: Agility 4 + Urban Infiltration 3 + tacnet 2 = (9d6.hits(5)=3)

-Drones-
Neither combat drone has any stealth mods, so the only visibility modifiers are from the environment. That said, they can take advantage of a fair bit since they have Low-Light and Thermographic Vision built-in.

**Alpha (doberman)
Armed with White Knight LMG, regular ammo, 250 rounds
10 boxes Damage track, 6 armor (so stops heavy pistols on down, not much more)
Retreat under heavy fire, except defending Hansai / Molly / Van in which case fight to death.

Positioning checks: Alpha Positioning: Command 6 + commlink optimization (Command) 1 + Tacnet 2 + Code Slinger (Command Device) 2 + Pilot Anthro 1 = (12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=3)

Sensor Locking: Target Locks for Alpha: Gunnery 6 + Sesnor 3 + Tacnet 2 + Codeslinger (command device) 2 = (13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=3, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=3, 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=7, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=4)

Wreak Havoc (ie: SHOOT STUFF!): Alpha shooting stuff: Command+link 7 + Gunnery 6 + Codeslinger 2 + tacnet 2 = (17d6.hits(5)=6, 17d6.hits(5)=7, 17d6.hits(5)=7, 17d6.hits(5)=5, 17d6.hits(5)=8, 17d6.hits(5)=9, 17d6.hits(5)=7, 17d6.hits(5)=4, 17d6.hits(5)=8, 17d6.hits(5)=6)

Dodge stuff (drone's pilot?):Alpha avoiding fire: Drone's Pilot 3 + Tacnet 2 = (5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=3, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2)

Resist Damage: Alpha's damage resistance: Body 3 + Armor 6 = (9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=7)

**Eddie (LEBD-1)
Altitude a bit over 120 meters (medium range on assault rifles -1, long on grenade launcher -3)
Armed with Ares Alpha (42 rounds regular ammo, 6 smoke grenades), Airburst link and smartlink (forgot smartlink on rolls, maybe just ignore it and the range as cancelling out)
10 boxes Damage track, 6 armor (so stops heavy pistols on down, not much more)
Retreat under heavy fire, except defending Hansai / Molly / Van in which case fight to death.

Positioning checks:Eddie Positioning: Command+link 7 + Tacnet 2 + Code Slinger (Command Device) 2 + Pilot Air 1 = (12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=5, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=2, 12d6.hits(5)=4)

Sensor Locking: Target Locks for Eddie: Gunnery 6 + Sesnor 3 + Tacnet 2 + Codeslinger (command device) 2 = (13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=4, 13d6.hits(5)=2, 13d6.hits(5)=5, 13d6.hits(5)=6)

Wreak Havoc (ie: SHOOT STUFF!): Eddie shooting stuff: Command+link 7 + Gunnery 6 + Codeslinger 2 + tacnet 2 = (17d6.hits(5)=6, 17d6.hits(5)=4, 17d6.hits(5)=4, 17d6.hits(5)=7, 17d6.hits(5)=9, 17d6.hits(5)=5, 17d6.hits(5)=4, 17d6.hits(5)=4, 17d6.hits(5)=8, 17d6.hits(5)=5)

Dodge stuff (drone's pilot?):Eddie avoiding fire: Drone's Pilot 3 + Tacnet 2 = (5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 5d6.hits(5)=1, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 5d6.hits(5)=3)

Resist Damage: Eddie's damage resistance: Body 3 + Armor 6 = (9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=5, 9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=3)

AppliedCheese
New initiative for Dealer is 16

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3169669/

To Chamo: Yes very much chamo'd. And running a very healthy infil dice pool if it worth anything. If not, 1/2 works for me.

Question: The 1st burst (4 hits before dodge) did 7 stun, what did the 2nd burst (7 hits before dodge) do?

As for before or after comparison: there was an errata somewhere that flipped them, but I forget what the final official ruling was...fortunately, we are on dumpshock. Lets ask the masses.
Notsoevildm
Copperhead's initiative is a mere 6 + 6d6.hits(5)=1 = 7, 1 pass. I'll sort that out in a minute.

Copperhead, Dealer and Demon are concealed by spirit: -3 dice to bad guys perception rolls.
Copperheads camo armor may give an additional -2 to +2 modifier to perception depending on how appropriate (or not) it is to setting.
Unfortunately, Copperhead is not particularly sneaky: Agi 3 + Infiltration 2 = 5d6.hits(5)=0

Firing a wide burst (-2 dice to dodge) towards blokes coming through door: Agi 3 + Shotguns 4 + Smart 2 - recoil 2* = 7d6.hits(5)=1
* Burst is -2, foregrip reduces by 1, then doubled for shotgun.
Just using regular ammo so 7P, -1AP if by some miracle she hits anything

Copperhead is heading for cover but looks like the goons are faster than her.
Trying to avoid suppressing fire: Rea 3 + Dodge 2 + Combat sense 1 = 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3 - whew!

Note that I only have 2 services from the spirit. Concealment is one. Dropping the grenade could be considered the second, so if it decides not to fight that's okay by me.
AppliedCheese
So, what would happen if the remote control van careened into a body?

Also, @ Seth, yes your ruling is correct. the DV bonus is added after armor comparison. However, net hits are added before: so the process for a successful hit should be:

Base + Net hits vs (Armor-AP) to determine damage type.

Base+net hits+narrow burst bonus for total damage.

The scary part of this is that it means that the ballistic on these guys is at least 12...and probably higher.
JxJxA
If we're still running with the initiative rolls we made earlier, I'm at Init 12 and IP of 2. I can reroll if necessary. Like Dealer, Demon is in a chameleon suit with a chameleoned sniper rifle. smile.gif
Xarin
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Aug 31 2011, 07:42 AM) *
The scary part of this is that it means that the ballistic on these guys is at least 12...and probably higher.

Not that scary. Plain old full body armor (typical gear for serious security forces) is 12/10 with the helmet.
AppliedCheese
Its the "probably higher" part that is scary. cyber.gif
Xarin
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Aug 31 2011, 09:21 AM) *
Its the "probably higher" part that is scary. cyber.gif

eh, just means you knock them out cold instead of outright killing them. Stun tracks are often shorter then physical tracks at least. smile.gif
Seth
Wow loads of GMing to be done. OK

@Xarin
It's quite hot anywhere around here. Especially if the sniper knows where you are. Mind you the visibility modifiers are even harder now.

• For the drones: pilot is the reaction attribute, so if Pixel is jumping in its Pixel's reaction skill, otherwise I think its the drone pilot that dodges bullets and shrapnel and stuff.
  • The reaction + edge meant that you dodges all the bullets and stuff
  • Your infiltration roll is noted
  • Your drones are doing the buisness, I'll include it in the IC post

At the start of the combat with everyone else:
  • Alpha: taken 7 boxes of damage, 20 rounds left, performed hideous carnage, retreated under heavy fire into the junk yard itself (it blew a hole through one of the walls). Time for repair (7 successes, 10 minutes extended test)
  • Eddie: taken 9 boxes of damage, out of ammo, retreated but trailing black smoke and limping at a fraction of its normal speed. Time for repair (9 successes, 15 minutes extended test)
  • In both cases the repair cost is 30% the base cost of the drone (not including cool addons)

By the way I am using your rolls to adjudicate roughly how well Molly's defense was, as you and her were cooperating

@Applied cheese
  • Aha I though the burst was one per guard, and misread it. Your goon is blown backwards by the twin blasts and the guys behind him have to dodge. That means of course that there is only one set of suppressing fire to dodge.
  • I checked the rules (eventually), you add the burst modifier after comparing to the armor, so you can be fairly confident that in that armor they are still alive (which is probably a good thing)
    So, what would happen if the remote control van careened into a body?

Very unpleasant things. See the crash rules. IIRC they would get a reaction + dodge to jump out of the way, vs a pilot + ground craft to hit, but we'll check that if you want to do it
    You think the ballistic armor on these guys is exactly 12...good guess.

@Copperhead
As far as spirits go: asking them to do simple undangerous tasks does not require a service. In addition snake is quite pleased with you at the moment (all that nice roleplaying) so have those 2 services. My take on spirit services is roughly as follows:
  • A suitable service would be "help me defeat these attackers" or "defend me", at which point any number of powers can be expended in the fulfilling of that short term goal. The concealment would be free if it was part of this task, but only last until the attackers are defeated or you are dead.
  • If the "conceal me and my friends" is a separate service it will last until the spirit vanishes.

@JxJxA
If we're still running with the initiative rolls we made earlier,

Happy with you to do that.

@General
As per the comment with AppliedCheese above, only 1 guard was making suppression fire (the first)
I'm wondering how to get all this lot IC...ah well my fault for a chaotic scene...
Seth
OK I have ICed the general scene a little better, and hopefully there is enough of an overview to help you decide what to do

@Applied Cheese, can you IC your bit?
@Xarin, you are now up to date! The threat level has dropped seriously (although that sniper is not on the map...) and you can join the others inside, or stay here. You know for a fact that Molly has a load of powered down drones in the back area, which you could quickly bring online (say 2 rounds to fly there, 1 round to boot them). You can feel happy in the knowledge that Alpha and Eddie (and Molly's drones) more than halved the opposition and many of the opposition are wounded.

@Copperhead, Snake hisses "The windowwwsss 4, the doorrsss 4, they hungersss, they hungerss for death, your death"
@Aria, I am assuming that you have been with Hansai or the others...your choice.

Anyone wanting to roll any knowledge skills on tactics, or professions about soldiers...now would be good time to do it (its a free action).

Suggestions for the arcane among you...banishing that reduced fire elemental would be awesome, followed by a summon. "Show me where your previous summoner is" is a nice command. Astrally tracking it would be good too, but takes ages. (Who says banish / ritual magics are useless skills?).

Xarin
It's quite hot anywhere around here. Especially if the sniper knows where you are. Mind you the visibility modifiers are even harder now.

cool beans. Especially since I made it biggrin.gif

•For the drones: pilot is the reaction attribute, so if Pixel is jumping in its Pixel's reaction skill, otherwise I think its the drone pilot that dodges bullets and shrapnel and stuff.

Makes sense. If they go full defense then, I'd assume it's Drone Pilot + Maneuver autosoft (if they had it).

For easy reading and clarity, let's use "Drone Pilot" to refer to a drone's Pilot program, "Agent Pilot" for the agent equivalent, and just "Pilot" or "Pilot [X]" for the actual Pilot skills. Then we always know what everyone's talking about smile.gif

•The reaction + edge meant that you dodges all the bullets and stuff
•Your infiltration roll is noted
•Your drones are doing the buisness, I'll include it in the IC post
Go boys go!

For the record, Eddie sounds and kinda acts like ED-209 from Robocop. Alpha is like the lead dog Alpha from Pixar's UP (usually with the deep menacing voice, but sometimes the funny squeaky high voice).

At the start of the combat with everyone else:
•Alpha: taken 7 boxes of damage, 20 rounds left, performed hideous carnage, retreated under heavy fire into the junk yard itself (it blew a hole through one of the walls). Time for repair (7 successes, 10 minutes extended test)
•Eddie: taken 9 boxes of damage, out of ammo, retreated but trailing black smoke and limping at a fraction of its normal speed. Time for repair (9 successes, 15 minutes extended test)
•In both cases the repair cost is 30% the base cost of the drone (not including cool addons)

Beat up but functional works for me biggrin.gif
AppliedCheese
Do I have targets in the doorway? Either coming in, or staggering about post-grenading?

If they are staggering about: two long narrow bursts. Try to kill a target, then move to the next if the first goes down.

If they are coming in hard: two long wide bursts, same concept

For the bursts: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170105/
3 hits for the 1st, 7 hits for the second.

If no targets in the door, throw a frag grenade out there, aiming for the patch of ground outside the door.
Edit: Forgot - no throwing weapons skill, with the default agi, it is now two hits on the ground
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170149/
with a scatter of 4 meters...
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170150/
To what ever freakin direction "6" is
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170150/

Way to waste a pair of sixes...

Either way, hit the deck hard behind the pizza dispenser after the action to avoid catching molten copper with his face, and try to dissappear from sight.
(Agi 9 + Infil 6 w/ catlike + Urban 2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170107/
7 hits

To note, full chameleon, with thermodamp 6, and the bonus concealment from Copperhead's spirit, plus a perfectly good pizza dispenser breaking line of sight if they try to get eyes on.
Xarin
@Seth:

I'm pretty sure I already had it posted that Pepe was in the cafe before the meet. Pixel's not going to trust the sensors on some toy with her buddy's saftey. That cool with you? Or do you want to toss in some rolls to see if Pepe got damaged in the breaching?

On the van, where would it be parked relative to the current fighting? I'm thinking it might be out of sight enough with both team remenants occupied to slip out, or at least around behind some junk piles to pick up Eddie and perhaps Alpha. Then again, maybe not. Curious on that one.

If Molly boots a drone for me, could I take a handle on it without being there in person? Maybe Pepe or Marvin plays relay for me.
AppliedCheese
As a side note, you still have Dealer's fly spy slaved to your net.
Xarin
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Aug 31 2011, 02:06 PM) *

Forgot about that. I reckon it's got Dealer's spot on the subscription list right now since he went offline.
AppliedCheese
Reckon so.

I wonder how much it would cost to bring the escaping lorry back around to help us out. They're clearly runners...and runners will get their killing on, for a price.
Seth
@Xarin
Pepe is wherever you want her.
I'm happy for the van to be tucked behind some of the lorries. You suspect that with the noise / gunfire / smoke and shrapnel, there are some serious minus's to a black van being noticed.
Molly isn't answering at the moment.

@Applied cheese
In the words of Noah...the goons game in two by two.. The one on the left went down smashed by the bullets the one on the right's armor has fresh gouges in it. Behind it on IP 2, another 2 came in

Noted your actions on IP2
Wow one of the guards dodged...3 successes on 5 die, the other didn't and staggers under the weight of the fullets, but doesn't go down (you suspect that hes kept awake by his combat drugs...as he is moving in a pretty ropy way.

Where do you want the fly spy to be...anywhere is ok

I wonder how much it would cost to bring the escaping lorry back around to help us out. They're clearly runners...and runners will get their killing on, for a price.

If you can get a message to them (as noted above Molly is no longer communicating, but Pixel could try to get a message through the jamming)

@General
I'm just checking I have everyones actions:
Ember: waiting. Aria is rather busy just now, so I am happy to NPC him. I suggest a suitable thing for him to do is to recruit the fleeing runners...
Applied Cheese: I have you up to IP 2
Xarin: I think you still have to go
Copperhead: I think you cast some spells...do you have any goes left?
JxJxA: think you still have to go.

My goons have shot some supressive fire in IP1 which was depressingly ineffective
In IP 2 there are two of them left (after Mr Dealer has shot them)
I'll not do their IP 2 actions until Demon has had a go...suffice to say that I see a grenade in your future ork.gif

LostProxy
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 30 2011, 05:19 PM) *
@LostProxy
If I were you I would post your character early to get feedback from the others. I have always found that many eyes make a better character smile.gif

Looking forwards to playing with you.

Here’s the sheet to review. As of right now the dice pools look decent enough. Social skills are 12 if it’s not in person but with the empathy software 18 if it is. Has a microcam to make up for not having cybereyes. I could think of ways to make him a better face but they left him being a one trick pony so I sacrificed 2 or 3 face dice to get better at fighting, not dying, and perception. Chose to leave logic as a dump stat since it was the one attribute I could sacrifice to get a high edge. No weapons shown because I’m waiting for an answer to my question about the Fubuki.
[ Spoiler ]
JxJxA
@ Seth

Sorry about not posting an action sooner. I was waiting to make sure I knew what was going on. nyahnyah.gif

For IP1, I'm taking two shots with my sniper rifle at a baddie with the most damage on him and then moving to cover. I'm not sure if TacNet is up in IP1, so I'll just add those two extra dice at the end of my rolls just in case they are there.

Sniper Rifle info:
Short Range: 0-165m (I think I'm within it, lol)
AP: Base(3) + APDS(4)=7
DV: 7P

Shot 1:
Agility(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) = 12d6 for 4 hits +1 if there is TacNet up.

Shot 2: Recoil is -1, but my rifle has RC of 1 to negate it (Oops, forgot that the extra +2 came from the bipod. It is not definitely not deployed, but no harm, no foul.)
Agility (6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) = 12d6 for 3 hits + 1 if there is TacNet up.

Let me know if you need anything else! smile.gif
Xarin
Pepe is wherever you want her.
I'm happy for the van to be tucked behind some of the lorries. You suspect that with the noise / gunfire / smoke and shrapnel, there are some serious minus's to a black van being noticed.
Molly isn't answering at the moment.

Alas, it's a white van. Stereotypical bland dirtied white delivery van. Hundreds just like it all over the sprawl. In fact, it could be mistaken for the White Van of Power's grandchild.

Oh, and Pepe's a he. As in Pepe le Pew smile.gif

Pepe sneaking in and observing Molly's area:
Pepe's Infiltrate: Pilot 3 + Covert Ops 4 = (7d6.hits(5)=3)
Pepe's Perception: Sensor 6 + Clearsight 4 + Observe in Detail 3 = (13d6.hits(5)=6)

I don't know if I need to make any rolls for Eddie to land or not. Normally I'd assume that's a given, although he's pretty heavily damaged. Alpha should assume a guard position over his tacnet buddy by default, but I can Issue a command next IP if you'd rather. It'll take some time for Eddie to get there anyway.

As an aside for character moral qualms: In using regular ammo on the heavily armored corpsec goons, would I be relatively safe in assuming I didn't actually kill anyone (mostly just maimed a bit, broken ribs, covered in bruises, etc)? She'd feel bad about killing people, but since these are likely involved in killing her buddy Edgar, and in severely hurting her other buddy Hansai and now maybe Molly... well, if a few do die she'll probably get over it. Corp jerks.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Seth @ Aug 31 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Copperhead: I think you cast some spells...do you have any goes left?

Copperhead summoned the spirit and cast Detect Enemies while still in Molly's control room

Her actions for the first IP were to fire a wide burst at the guys in the door (simple action) and command the spirit to drop the flashbang and attack (simple action) while she took cover near Hansai (move). She only has one IP this round so goons get any additional IPs before she gets to go again. The spirit has 2IP so if the first was dropping the grenade, the second would be an engulf attempt (see below): 9d6.hits(5)=2

The Spirit's 2 services will be 1) conceal the party (Demon, Dealer, Copper) and 2) Attack the goons. It should continue to conceal them after the fight is over (assuming it is still around) but she will let it go. The air spirit doesn't have much in the way of real attacks but can use:
- Accident (Magic+Will(6) vs Reaction+Init)
- Confusion (Magic+Will(6) vs Will, net hits penalty to actions)
- Engulf (Agi+Unarmed(9) vs Body+Resp rating, DV3S).
Engulf also prevents target from moving (Str+Body vs Magic+Body(4) to break free) so this looks like the best option unless they have chem seals, gas masks or air tanks in which case it simply doesn't work. If this is the case and they are wearing full armor, Confusion looks like next best although weakest option.

F3 Air Spirit: B1 A6 R7 S1 C3 I3 L3 W3 Edg3 Ess3 M3 Init9 IP2, Astral Init6 IP3
Movement: 15/75 (flight)
Skills: Assensing, Astral Combat, Dodge, Exotic Ranged Weapon, Flight, Perception, Unarmed Combat
Powers: Accident, Astral Form, Concealment, Confusion, Engulf, Materialization, Movement, Sapience, Search
Optional Powers: Psychokinesis
AppliedCheese
Moral qualms? I know a fixer who will give us 35% on any ware they can recover from the bodies!

Though, a few living for interrogation might be good.
JxJxA
LOL, I know the moral qualms issue with characters all too well. I run two pacifists in other games. One is a doctor, the other a damn good spell slinger who has issues using his two best spells. nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Bloody hell...go away for the weekend and this thread explodes lol...will try and catch up by the end of the week but shout if there's anything specific I need to do to allow others to get on with things...

I'm assuming Ember will go astral soon to find out what's going on...I don't think he knows about nasty FAB floating around yet?!? (and I need to look up the rules for what it does nyahnyah.gif)

Aria
Ok, read that lot smile.gif

How damaged is Hansai? Magical healing may give me a boat load more drain but I don't think we should let him off the hook just yet!
JxJxA
I don't know how bad he's hurt, but I was going to keep guard over him and at the very least hand him a gun on my next IP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012