Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 9 2013, 02:28 PM) *
As I do want you inside, no rolls needed. You can even post up meeting with Reed after the show. Reed will want to introduce you to Frank, the owner of the Anathma about a possible job, but I will handle that part.

Is Dubstep one of the regulars Frank was talking as being able to help Cat with her commlink or should I just chose a random club goer and post something up?
Aria
@NSEDM: Despite what the IC post might suggest Copperhead has got some way into the building...I just wanted you to hear what was going on outside!

Does Gossmaer need to roll anything for the ShadowSEA searches or can you buy hits for me? smile.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 9 2013, 05:22 AM) *
Ok, checked the forums and general consensus based on p150 is that autofire damage bonus does not help against armour penetration...so, no luck there, sorry...

Ok. For further reference, I'm using a Ruger Thunderbolt, with EX explosive ammo. That brings the damage up from 5P -1 AP to 6P, -2 AP.
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Jan 9 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Is Dubstep one of the regulars Frank was talking as being able to help Cat with her commlink or should I just chose a random club goer and post something up?
Yeah, Dubstep is the man in question. Frank doesn't exactly know who he is though, but he does know that one of Reed Caspa's fans is supposed to be a 'shit hot decker' - Reed's words not mine. Feel free to talk to Frank though!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 9 2013, 06:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Fairy)

Hey, Aria. I have another question before I can post. The spirit Tsubaki is summoning has a power included called Fear. Does the Fear power affect only one target, or can it be a group of targets? :O The power is considered as a "line of sight" effect. Could a group of badguys be considered to be in line of sight? I am confuuuuused.
I'm more certain on this one...fear is a single target (you can use multiple tasks to fear more enemies of course!)...it would be hideous if it was a mob effect!
From SR4A295 Fear is LOS (single target), but it should not need multiple services to affect a group. Each target is going to need a separate complex action (by the spirit), but a single service of 'scare our enemies off' or 'put fear into that group of attackers' should let the spirit send fear at all of the attackers, one at a time.
QUOTE (SR4A186 Spirit Services)
The use of combative powers or abilities by a spirit on behalf of its summoner only counts as one service, regardless of the number of foes involved.
Worded right, that service will keep any that fail (or continue to fail) the opposed test away.
devil.gif catching the driver with that could remove the threat in a hurry, either because the driver goes a long way (LOS for a hovering spirit in clear air on flat, open land is a LONG way), or because the panic causes him to fail a drive check.
JxJxA
@ EP:PL/UK: Okay, so I'm feeling the need to try chucking a white phosphorous grenade under one of those tanks, but I'm not sure on the test or rules. Would that be Agility + Thrown for the test? Does the - half for AP apply for vehicles?
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 10 2013, 07:40 PM) *
@ EP:PL/UK: Okay, so I'm feeling the need to try chucking a white phosphorous grenade under one of those tanks, but I'm not sure on the test or rules. Would that be Agility + Thrown for the test? Does the - half for AP apply for vehicles?

Probably (although I haven't got my books infront of me at the moment)...it's pretty evil stuff! Aren't there conventions against using it? biggrin.gif

Oh, and don't catch Tsubaki's spirit in it...I would think she would be mighty pissed!
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 11 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Probably (although I haven't got my books infront of me at the moment)...it's pretty evil stuff! Aren't there conventions against using it? biggrin.gif

Oh, and don't catch Tsubaki's spirit in it...I would think she would be mighty pissed!

Hmm, you know what, there probably are conventions against using them. Too bad Gemeaux doesn't care about that sort of thing... grinbig.gif

I'll figure out the test, though. They're 12F availability, but if it seems like something I shouldn't have then I'll just cut them out of my inventory. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 10 2013, 10:22 PM) *
Hmm, you know what, there probably are conventions against using them. Too bad Gemeaux doesn't care about that sort of thing... grinbig.gif

I'll figure out the test, though. They're 12F availability, but if it seems like something I shouldn't have then I'll just cut them out of my inventory. smile.gif

I'm happy for you to have them...you are a heartless assassin after all biggrin.gif what do conventions mean to you?

Sorry no IC today, will get to it on Monday!
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 9 2013, 06:35 PM) *
@NSEDM: Despite what the IC post might suggest Copperhead has got some way into the building...I just wanted you to hear what was going on outside!

Does Gossmaer need to roll anything for the ShadowSEA searches or can you buy hits for me? smile.gif
I'll get a post up for Copperhead attempting to sneak away without bringing the building down on her head.

Post up for Gossamer. She is still too close to 'event horizon' for any real info to be out there. She can hang about the post node for a while and try again later or Argent can bring some muscle/technical experts home to put her body back in the charger alllowing her to return to it if she so wishes.

After a couple of hours, there is some information out there, although mostly people trying to find out how to get rid of it. It seems to have infected a lot of nodes. Most replies/suggestions are bogus. There are a few sites/posters claiming they know how to get rid of it that she could investigate. One is Citadel Security Systems (CSS).
mister__joshua
I'd just like to apologise again for my lack of activity. Busy first week back. I'll endeavour to do better next week. Have I missed much in either game?
JxJxA
Okay, here goes something. Let me know if I miss anything on the grenade throw stuff. ^_^

Tossing grenade at tank
Agi(9) + Throw(1) + Spec(2) = 12d6 for 6 hits.

I'll let you do the scatter stuff, because I'm a bit confused by it and I trust you with the rules more than myself. nyahnyah.gif
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 13 2013, 09:17 PM) *
One is Citadel Security Systems (CSS).

I wouldn't bother checking there, they'll only have presentation semantics, no actual data. rotfl.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist embarrassed.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (karhig @ Jan 14 2013, 10:38 AM) *
I wouldn't bother checking there, they'll only have presentation semantics, no actual data. rotfl.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist embarrassed.gif
I'm just glad someone got the reference!
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Monday summary:

Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Talking with sysop at entrance to ShadowSEA node. Becoming aware of extent of attack. Aria to post.

Uller - moved to Barrens. Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Are you still with us, Big Peat?

Cipher - in a remote spot in a car park recovering from >1rtu@l5cr3@m attack. Currently on 6S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 3S). Just got the bad news from code sprite. Mister Joshua to post.

Dubstep, Cat - At the Anathma. Dubstep has just arrived at table with Frank and Reed. Awaiting Cat's arrival.

Alex Bianchi - Just left Harvey's on his way to motel. GM to post.

Dante - Back at noodle house, awaiting arrival of Jenny Ho. GM to post
mister__joshua
Cheers for the re-cap. I've (finally) managed to get 2 new responses up smile.gif
karhig
@Virtual Scream / Cat

Influence (pick a skill, they're all the same) roll for charming Frank: Etiquette roll for Frank. (15d6.hits(5)=6)
First impression etiquette roll for Reed/Dubstep: Etiquette roll (with First Impression) for Reed Caspa/Dubstep. (16d6.hits(5)=5)
Aria
@Fairy, while I craft the IC can you make some fear rolls for me? If I don't see any by the time I'm more or less ready to post (some time tomorrow I hope!) then I'll roll for you! Thanks

@Everyone else, sorry I'm slacking a bit on my posting schedule, I anticipate a flurry of activity over the next couple of days smile.gif
Fairy
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 15 2013, 05:00 PM) *
@Fairy, while I craft the IC can you make some fear rolls for me? If I don't see any by the time I'm more or less ready to post (some time tomorrow I hope!) then I'll roll for you! Thanks

@Everyone else, sorry I'm slacking a bit on my posting schedule, I anticipate a flurry of activity over the next couple of days smile.gif

I don't know how many you need, though... So, I will do the generic 6 rolls. XD You can use them one by one from first to last to however many times Fear is intended to be used.

8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=3
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/phlapjack77
Either I'm not giving enough information or maybe giving misleading in my posts (IC and OOC), or Dante just has sex on the brain!
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 16 2013, 05:41 PM) *
@Virtual Scream/phlapjack77
Either I'm not giving enough information or maybe giving misleading in my posts (IC and OOC), or Dante just has sex on the brain!

Hehe. Sorry about that, I was trying to have Dante be all secretive and stuff, so that it didn't look like he was questioning her about the virus. Maybe you've set the paranoia bar really high (a good thing!) smile.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jan 16 2013, 10:46 AM) *
Hehe. Sorry about that, I was trying to have Dante be all secretive and stuff, so that it didn't look like he was questioning her about the virus. Maybe you've set the paranoia bar really high (a good thing!) smile.gif
Hehe, no problem. Was more worried that I might have been confusing or misleading in my posts. Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of paranoia. After all just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you!
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 14 2013, 05:05 AM) *
Okay, here goes something. Let me know if I miss anything on the grenade throw stuff. ^_^

Tossing grenade at tank
Agi(9) + Throw(1) + Spec(2) = 12d6 for 6 hits.

I'll let you do the scatter stuff, because I'm a bit confused by it and I trust you with the rules more than myself. nyahnyah.gif

No need to worry about scatter as the max is 6m (it’s not an aerodynamic grenade is it???) and you got 6 hits (note hits don’t add to grenade damage, only get it nearer to target!) – I had to look up the rules biggrin.gif, ages since I’ve seen an offensive grenade used! So, right on the money, and with 8P and -1/2AP that will do some initial damage to the land rover, although not enough to destroy it (will probably burn out the tyres, even runflats), and keep on burning for 10 combat turns doing 4P a turn (which isn’t enough to do further damage!). Lots of thick smoke too so I hope you brought along your thermo/ultrasound vision!
QUOTE (Fairy @ Jan 15 2013, 11:51 PM) *
I don't know how many you need, though... So, I will do the generic 6 rolls. XD You can use them one by one from first to last to however many times Fear is intended to be used.

8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=3
Ok, some good rolls there…

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs) bought hits for you…

Combat so far goes something like this:

1.1 Mordred fires, Gemeaux arrives, gives grenade to Mordred, Collots get inside, Tsubaki summons spider woman [Force 4], opposition deploy grenade launcher
1.2 Gemeaux throws grenade, spirit manifests inside the lead vehicle (only gets 2IPs when manifest), grenade launcher fires, air burst CS gas canister
1.3 Bang goes Gemeaux’s grenade, other peoples’ actions TBC…
2.1 Spirit uses fear power on first attacker [2 net hits], attackers exit the vehicle – one of them not exactly of his own free will!
2.2 Spirit uses fear power on second attacker [2 net hits], PCs need to resist power 5S gas attack [contact and inhalation so just a respirator will give half its rating as bonus D – unless anyone knows the RAW rules for it???]

Perception tests at -4 ruthenium -2 smoke penalties to draw a bead on the exiting attackers!
JxJxA
I'm dumb and forgot that I have the thrill seeker negative quality, so here's my test:

Thrill Seeker: Need 2 hits
Composure: Will(3) + Cha(3) = 6d6 for 1 hit. I effed up, so I'll spend a point of Edge and see if I get any more hits: 3 more hits.

After this fight, I have got to start working on my willpower... nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes

Are we still a go here?

Nightfalke : Alpha Apex : last post Nov 30
Faultline : Glyph : last post Dec 13
Dakka Fiend : Spring - Tweak : last post (OoC) Dec 1
RdMarquis (LeFey) has been posting over in E:PL /UK, probably waiting for others in Tribes
ChromeZephyr (Scrapheap) just posted in Tribes, and has been posting in Virtual Scream and other threads
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 16 2013, 05:06 PM) *

Are we still a go here?

RdMarquis (LeFey) has been posting over in E:PL /UK, probably waiting for others in Tribes
ChromeZephyr (Scrapheap) just posted in Tribes, and has been posting in Virtual Scream and other threads

I'm still waiting, yeah. If I get an idea for anything to do before your arrival, I'll write a post.
ChromeZephyr
Yeah, I posted after a quick PM with Aria. I didn't quite know what to do since I'm with two of the people not posting and the least hacking capable (and that's being very forgiving) of the group. I'm sure we'll get something going.
RdMarquis
I'm making this roll on the assumption that pulling on my gas mask now won't help me avoid it.

Body (3) = 3d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3870029/

0 hits to shake off the CS gas.
Aria
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 13 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I'll get a post up for Copperhead attempting to sneak away without bringing the building down on her head.

Post up for Gossamer. She is still too close to 'event horizon' for any real info to be out there. She can hang about the post node for a while and try again later or Argent can bring some muscle/technical experts home to put her body back in the charger alllowing her to return to it if she so wishes.

After a couple of hours, there is some information out there, although mostly people trying to find out how to get rid of it. It seems to have infected a lot of nodes. Most replies/suggestions are bogus. There are a few sites/posters claiming they know how to get rid of it that she could investigate. One is Citadel Security Systems (CSS).

Afraid the reference passed me by, sorry :P I think legitimate (non-mega corp) sources are going to be behind the shadow info (and that clearly is struggling at the moment). So she could either consider hacking a corp or just wait. She’s probably a little concerned about Argent (she hasn’t had a reply to her message yet!) and her children so I will go and see what’s happening there before I consider trying to delve back into her body.

I’m hoping you have some cunning GM way of getting her to do more than just investigate the phenomenon (your initial starter post was sooo intriguing I want to start getting at that info!) but I’ll muddle on for now :)

Spending some karma (plus what I’d saved) to upgrade my inherent stealth program to 6 please

So, hack-on-the-fly to get into the school server and look for camera controls…security account should do for now…
• Hack-on-the-fly: Hacking + Exploit vs Firewall +Sec access (+3 security, +6 admin) [complex] each roll grants analyse + firewall vs hacker's stealth
• 17D Exploit [Exploit+Hacking+Spec+VR+Sapper] = 17d6.hits(5) →[3,6,3,2,3,2,2,1,2,5,6,6,3,5,2,1,1] = (5), [5,1,6,4,1,1,5,2,1,6,5,5,5,2,3,3,5] = (8), [4,3,5,1,6,3,6,3,3,6,4,4,1,3,1,5,2] = (5), [2,1,6,3,1,1,3,2,5,2,1,4,5,3,2,6,1] = (4), [2,3,4,5,3,4,1,6,6,2,6,3,3,4,1,2,6] = (5)
• So that’s firewall 2 in one round or firewall 10 in the second (the rest will hopefully be redundant!)
• 14D Matrix Stealth [Stealth+Hacking+VR] Note: -6D to perceive AI (don’t think that applies to the initial insertion but even if they detect her they will have a damn hard time finding her once she’s in their system!)

Can I reverse engineer Aria’s firewall patch to upgrade Argent’s link and her childrens’? A software check perhaps? 11D [Software or computer + Edit + VR] = 11d6.hits(5) → [2,4,6,6,3,5,5,2,6,6,2] = (6), [3,3,3,3,2,2,2,1,6,5,1] = (2), [5,5,1,3,6,1,3,4,3,6,2] = (4), [4,5,5,6,3,5,3,2,6,5,5] = (7), [2,1,4,1,5,4,6,5,5,6,3] = (5) (this one’s for later though…)
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 17 2013, 05:57 AM) *
... snip ...

Can I reverse engineer Aria’s firewall patch to upgrade Argent’s link and her childrens’? A software check perhaps? 11D [Software or computer + Edit + VR] = 11d6.hits(5) → [2,4,6,6,3,5,5,2,6,6,2] = (6), [3,3,3,3,2,2,2,1,6,5,1] = (2), [5,5,1,3,6,1,3,4,3,6,2] = (4), [4,5,5,6,3,5,3,2,6,5,5] = (7), [2,1,4,1,5,4,6,5,5,6,3] = (5) (this one’s for later though…)
Patching is doable in RAW, but time frames are probably longer than you want. Unless this is another place where PBP adjusts time for playability. In RAW the process seems to be: get the source code (Crack Copy Protect UW94) then Patch (UW118). Cracking has a 1 hour interval, but patching has a 1 week interval. The test would be Software + Logic. Edit works if you know exactly what to change, but reverse engineered (cracked) code would need to be implemented on any other firewall, not just 'pasted'. At least that would be true for normal software today. SR4A does not have the content to match the SR4228 reference, but UW94 Piracy matches with more details.
JxJxA
@ Aria: Here's Gemeaux's body test versus the toxic gas

Body(4) = 4d6 for 1 hit.
Fairy
Tsubaki has summoned two or three Force 1 Watcher Spirits to float around in astral space to keep an eye on things. Since they're of weak Force, I don't think I need to roll and will just buy the hits.
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes,

If necessary Sprogget (and LeFey) have the skills to handle the CHN. Not as good as Alpha, but I don't think the situation requires absolute cutting edge. Morgan has a valid account on the node. Use that, then Hacking+Edit to upgrade the account to administrator, then use the upgraded account to monitor and edit the sensor feeds. The only real 'opposed' piece of that is the initial edit, and adding the Mute programming option UW115 to the complex form should give enough time to cancel any alert, if the system 'notices' the edit. Once the account is upgraded, the intended actions are legal/valid for the account, and should no longer trigger 'protective' responses.
mister__joshua
@Aria

I didn't know if that we/they thing was an actual slip of the keyboard and you're rolling with it or whether it was a deliberate and subtle hint but either way I'm loving it. This has been a most interesting encounter biggrin.gif Much snow where you are?
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 17 2013, 01:06 AM) *

Are we still a go here?

Hopefully just a blip but with 3 of 6 still around that’s actually not bad going for a pbp thread nyahnyah.gif Copperhead has been on her lonesome for ages now!

Anyway: a summary of where I think we are (feel free to disagree!)
Van: Alpha and Tweak are working their technomojo on the CHN, Scrapheap is getting frustrated, bang…oops, what was that?
Monobike: Sprogget is in the area ready to do his thing
Scooter: Spring hasn’t showed up yet and is seemingly out of comm range, delayed on the way here somehow…who’d a thought it?
Bike: Glyph, similar
Inside: LeFey has dealt with the tags and is ready to go into the jammer zone or whatever else you have planned.

Happy for Alpha to be an NPC hacker for now so that we don't derail things too much - if you let me know what you want him to do I'll make some rolls off camera smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 18 2013, 11:20 AM) *
@Aria

I didn't know if that we/they thing was an actual slip of the keyboard and you're rolling with it or whether it was a deliberate and subtle hint but either way I'm loving it. This has been a most interesting encounter biggrin.gif Much snow where you are?

biggrin.gif it was deliberate!

Yep, snow falling thick and fast outside...guess I'll be walking home this evening nyahnyah.gif
Aria
@E:PL/UK

QUOTE (Fairy @ Jan 15 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Fear:

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs) bought hits for you…

Combat so far goes something like this:

1.1 Mordred fires, Gemeaux arrives, gives grenade to Mordred, Collots get inside, Tsubaki summons spider woman [Force 4], opposition deploy grenade launcher
1.2 Gemeaux throws grenade, spirit manifests inside the lead vehicle (only gets 2IPs when manifest), grenade launcher fires, air burst CS gas canister
1.3 Bang goes Gemeaux’s grenade, Gemeaux & Mordred put on respirator / gas mask
2.1 Spirit uses fear power on first attacker [2 net hits], attackers exit the vehicle – one of them not exactly of his own free will! Mordred moves back inside pump room, Gemaux stays to fight, Tsubaki summons watcher 1,
2.2 Spirit uses fear power on second attacker [2 net hits], PCs need to resist power 5S gas attack [contact and inhalation so just a respirator will give half its rating as bonus D – unless anyone knows the RAW rules for it???] Tsubaki summons watcher 2, attacker 1 running, Mordred takes 5 boxes of stun but is now immune to gas (hope you have a stim patch!), Gemeaux has 4 boxes stun (I suggest you get out of the gas cloud area or you’ll take more damage next round!)
2.3 Ok, what are you doing (other than coughing your guts up?)
3.1 Attackers will get out of second car…

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 18 2013, 05:50 AM) *
Hopefully just a blip but with 3 of 6 still around that’s actually not bad going for a pbp thread nyahnyah.gif Copperhead has been on her lonesome for ages now!

Anyway: a summary of where I think we are (feel free to disagree!)
Van: Alpha and Tweak are working their technomojo on the CHN, Scrapheap is getting frustrated, bang…oops, what was that?
Monobike: Sprogget is in the area ready to do his thing
Scooter: Spring hasn’t showed up yet and is seemingly out of comm range, delayed on the way here somehow…who’d a thought it?
Bike: Glyph, similar
Inside: LeFey has dealt with the tags and is ready to go into the jammer zone or whatever else you have planned.

Happy for Alpha to be an NPC hacker for now so that we don't derail things too much - if you let me know what you want him to do I'll make some rolls off camera smile.gif
Glyph should have been here ahead of us. She delivered the package to Angelo 'early', then was headed over to Bellevue to scout / watch the area. Given the IC post for Angelo, she should have been ahead of him.

Preliminary plans should have Alpha at a cafe to do the overwatch from. Tweak should be rigging the van ready to do the pickup, with Scrapheap riding in the back (basically hiding his face).

Actions for Alpha: Hack an admin level account on the CHN, with bonus from previous hack (probably with Mute, so alert not triggered until get chance to cancel it). Take over cameras and other sensors. Edit feeds so LeFey does not show anywhere except her room. Provide overwatch to assist LeFey in getting to the front door undetected (tracking other people, and maybe triggering things to take their attention / presence away from LeFey)

From what I saw of Alpha's 'style', that would be the sequence. For myself, I would use Morgan's existing account, hack an upgrade to admin level, then use that. That way, no exploit is needed, just a single 'unauthorized' edit, and again Mute can be used to give time to use the valid but upgraded account to cancel any alert before it is triggered.

Once LeFey gets to where she is, and can stay, at least 5 meters from both the decoy tags left in her room, and from the CHN, activate the decoy tags then immediately turn on the jammer.

Once LeFey is out, cleanup and leave things so house sensors (and staff) think that Morgan is still in her room, and have no reason to go check. Would not want to disturb her when she is working on the homework wink.gif
ChromeZephyr
Would you believe I had to rewrite that dialogue a few times to where it was even remotely appropriate? Scrapheap is a very, very angry boy apparently.
Machine Ghost
@RdMarquis, LeFey
QUOTE (LeFey)
Morgan begins the odd task of sneaking out of her own home.

Odd task? That must have been a very restrictive upbringing. Sneaking in and out of the house is a kids sport. Teamwork counts smile.gif

Of course security tags make getting away with it a lot harder
RdMarquis
Pretty much, yeah. Her parents didn't want anyone to know she Emerged. They kept her home and told everyone Morgan's health was too poor to do much more than attend school and work a desk job. She actually does have issues with air pollution, by the way.

I did mean sneaking out in the context of committing a crime, though.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 20 2013, 01:25 AM) *
Pretty much, yeah. Her parents didn't want anyone to know she Emerged. They kept her home and told everyone Morgan's health was too poor to do much more than attend school and work a desk job. She actually does have issues with air pollution, by the way.

I did mean sneaking out in the context of committing a crime, though.

Hope she has her respirator then. The monocycle is 'air conditioned', but not filtered.
RdMarquis
She has a gas mask. Better protection, but way more obvious. Depending on how many people are around, she might just have to cope with the exhaust until they're home free.
JxJxA
@ Aria: I wanted to make a perception check, but with gas, chameleon suits, and my ultrasound/thermographic vision on my goggles, I have no idea what the modifiers are. X_X Let me know and I'll make the rolls. ^_^
RdMarquis
I think he mentioned -6. Which means my pool is 1. I think I'm going to just avoid the risk of a critical glitch and let the watchers do their thing (or someone else to start shooting). nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 21 2013, 01:27 AM) *
I think he mentioned -6. Which means my pool is 1. I think I'm going to just avoid the risk of a critical glitch and let the watchers do their thing (or someone else to start shooting). nyahnyah.gif
Vision modifiers vary by type of vision. Visibility modifiers SR4136. Need to know if that gas grenade counts as light or heavy smoke. I would guess light, since it was CS gas, not specifically a smoke grenade. Also, the chameleon suit should not get the negative for ultrasound, and not for thermo either unless it includes thermal damping SR4A327

Were you including the bonus for 'actively looking' in that dice pool SR4A136?
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 21 2013, 08:22 PM) *
Vision modifiers vary by type of vision. Visibility modifiers SR4136. Need to know if that gas grenade counts as light or heavy smoke. I would guess light, since it was CS gas, not specifically a smoke grenade. Also, the chameleon suit should not get the negative for ultrasound, and not for thermo either unless it includes thermal damping SR4A327

Were you including the bonus for 'actively looking' in that dice pool SR4A136?

Heavy smoke (-2 all vision?) due to white phosphorous grenade, -4 visual and thermal vision but no effect on ultrasound, injury mods...and if you've retreated inside the pump room you can't see 'em anyway nyahnyah.gif

IC tomorrow i hope!
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 22 2013, 05:41 AM) *
Heavy smoke (-2 all vision?) due to white phosphorous grenade, -4 visual and thermal vision but no effect on ultrasound, injury mods...and if you've retreated inside the pump room you can't see 'em anyway nyahnyah.gif

IC tomorrow i hope!

This is true...maybe going further inside the pump station is a better course of action than finding cover in the main room. x_x
RdMarquis
While we're falling back, you might want to consider laying down some suppressive fire on the doorway to keep them from getting coming after us. It's a standard sized door, right?
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 22 2013, 04:22 AM) *
This is true...maybe going further inside the pump station is a better course of action than finding cover in the main room. x_x

For the purposes of cover you will be able to find 'heavy cover' until you get into the living complex beyond the dam. Please bear in mind "attacker shooting from cover" mods when you attack

QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 22 2013, 05:38 AM) *
While we're falling back, you might want to consider laying down some suppressive fire on the doorway to keep them from getting coming after us. It's a standard sized door, right?

Yes, more or less.

Can I have a load of perception, attack and defense rolls please (noting which mods you have taken so I can add more if need be?) 5-10 of each should do me and is as easy as rolling 1 smile.gif. Hopefully that will speed combat a tad and mean we don't need to wait for anyone else to post (at least I think it will work that way)!

I'll try and still give you plenty of opportunity to describe your gruesome dispatching of NPCs biggrin.gif

EDIT:
@E:PL/UK

Tsubaki’s spirit Fear rolls:

Combat order:

1.3 Bang goes Gemeaux’s grenade, Gemeaux & Mordred put on respirator / gas mask, Tsubaki outside gas cloud

2.1 Spirit uses fear power on first attacker [2 net hits], attackers exit the vehicle – one of them not exactly of his own free will! Mordred moves back inside pump room, Gemeaux stays to fight, Tsubaki summons watcher 1,
2.2 Spirit uses fear power on second attacker [2 net hits], PCs need to resist power 5S gas attack, Tsubaki summons watcher 2, attacker 1 running, Mordred takes 5 boxes of stun, Gemeaux has 4 boxes stun
2.3 Mordred and Gemeaux retreat away from the door (very sensible too!)

3.1 Spirit uses fear on attacker 3 [1 net hit], first turn of attacker 1 and 2 running away, Tsubaki sees her spirit under attack by a comparable force spirit (air elemental),
3.2+ momentary lull…

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012