Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 18 2013, 07:22 PM) *
Glyph should have been here ahead of us. She delivered the package to Angelo 'early', then was headed over to Bellevue to scout / watch the area. Given the IC post for Angelo, she should have been ahead of him.

Preliminary plans should have Alpha at a cafe to do the overwatch from. Tweak should be rigging the van ready to do the pickup, with Scrapheap riding in the back (basically hiding his face).

Actions for Alpha: Hack an admin level account on the CHN, with bonus from previous hack (probably with Mute, so alert not triggered until get chance to cancel it). Take over cameras and other sensors. Edit feeds so LeFey does not show anywhere except her room. Provide overwatch to assist LeFey in getting to the front door undetected (tracking other people, and maybe triggering things to take their attention / presence away from LeFey)

From what I saw of Alpha's 'style', that would be the sequence. For myself, I would use Morgan's existing account, hack an upgrade to admin level, then use that. That way, no exploit is needed, just a single 'unauthorized' edit, and again Mute can be used to give time to use the valid but upgraded account to cancel any alert before it is triggered.

Once LeFey gets to where she is, and can stay, at least 5 meters from both the decoy tags left in her room, and from the CHN, activate the decoy tags then immediately turn on the jammer.

Once LeFey is out, cleanup and leave things so house sensors (and staff) think that Morgan is still in her room, and have no reason to go check. Would not want to disturb her when she is working on the homework wink.gif
Ok, so something went wrong for Glyph and she’s been delayed! The perils of pbp nyahnyah.gif

Alpha is doing as directed, no trouble so far!

The teenagers haven’t responded yet to Scrapheap!

QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jan 18 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Would you believe I had to rewrite that dialogue a few times to where it was even remotely appropriate? Scrapheap is a very, very angry boy apparently.
lol
Aria
IC up for E:PL, Tribes and CoP, enjoy biggrin.gif
mister__joshua
@Aria

I kinda suspected, but it's still awesome smile.gif

edit: There's a response for ya biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Monday summary (yes I know it's Tuesday, but the good news I am mostly over my cold):

Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. Hacking Argent's kid's school's node. GM to post.

Uller - moved to Barrens. Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Are you still with us, Big Peat?

Cipher - in a remote spot in a car park recovering from >1rtu@l5cr3@m attack. Currently on 8S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 5S). Summoned a sprite to look into his head. Taking a nap on the concrete. GM to post

Dubstep, Cat - At the Anathma. Cat has arrived. GM to post, but feel free to interact with each other. Frank and Reed will excuse themselves if Dubstep and Cat want to talk privately.

Alex Bianchi - Just arrived back at Harvey's to pick up his link. GM to post.

Dante - Talking with Jenny Ho at noodle house. GM to post.
karhig
QUOTE (Notsoevildm @ Jan 22 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Dubstep, Cat - At the Anathma. Cat has arrived. GM to post, but feel free to interact with each other. Frank and Reed will excuse themselves if Dubstep and Cat want to talk privately.

My intention was to leave my last post hanging for Dubstep to introduce himself to Cat, if he wanted to. I'm not sure if I wasn't clear enough about that, if Dubstep just doesn't want to talk, or if it just slipped past Slacker.
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Jan 22 2013, 10:41 AM) *
My intention was to leave my last post hanging for Dubstep to introduce himself to Cat, if he wanted to. I'm not sure if I wasn't clear enough about that, if Dubstep just doesn't want to talk, or if it just slipped past Slacker.

Sorry, just been busy with work stuff lately and hadn't gotten found the time to post something IC. I'll try to put something up later today.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 22 2013, 03:17 PM) *
@Aria

I kinda suspected, but it's still awesome smile.gif

edit: There's a response for ya biggrin.gif

lol...love it! Did you have a plan B in case Ryl doesn't decide to save you? Don't think I've ever seen a PC commit suicide in quite such an interesting way biggrin.gif
ChromeZephyr
Make a large, messy crater?
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 22 2013, 08:52 PM) *
lol...love it! Did you have a plan B in case Ryl doesn't decide to save you? Don't think I've ever seen a PC commit suicide in quite such an interesting way biggrin.gif

Hehe. Nope. I was gambling on my charm pulling through, and if not that then just the bad press of an executive suicide from her tower not being worth the relatively small effort of grabbing me biggrin.gif

If not then, yeah, hit the floor. Took a risk that didn't pay off! I wanted to fly and thought she'd say no if I asked
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 22 2013, 09:19 PM) *
Hehe. Nope. I was gambling on my charm pulling through, and if not that then just the bad press of an executive suicide from her tower not being worth the relatively small effort of grabbing me biggrin.gif

If not then, yeah, hit the floor. Took a risk that didn't pay off! I wanted to fly and thought she'd say no if I asked

Fear not, she'll grab you when I can think up a suitably scathing IC post biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
Is whether Morgan knows the two up to me? Or should there be some roll involved?
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 22 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Is whether Morgan knows the two up to me? Or should there be some roll involved?
I expected GM to just 'pick', no roll needed, depending on how the scene looks. Given where they 'ran into' us, there is a very good chance they live not far away. Currently they are so distracted, they are not paying any attention to an angry Ork in their face. That could change if we do manage to shut the screaming down. Given timeline, I expect >1rtu@l5cr3@m to be well installed before we could get back there, but since that scream seems to contain a large data component, jamming might shut it up. Depends whether the data is directly from the local instance, or is feeding over the matrix. As a minimum, the jammer should protect us from getting the commlinks infected, since they have no access to the matrix (and vice versa) right now.

I you want, you could post about get luggage and self on the cycle while 'thinking' about whether you know them, and about whether you want to accost them either way.
RdMarquis
Let's call them Shroedinger's DUI (or whatever caused them to crash), for now. I would assume not, and post that way, too. If the two know her well enough to recognize her, then she clearly forgot who they were.
JxJxA
Okay, here are some rolls:

Edit: I forgot to take my -1 penalty, so I'll knock off the last die and change values as necessary. Sorry. x_x

Visual Perception: Using Ultrasound to negate other modifiers
Int(3) + Perc(3) + Vis Enh(2) - Smoke (2) = 6d6 for 2, 3, 3 2, 3 2, 1, 3, 1, 0, 2, 3.

Attack: Using suppressive fire with Le Repartie---modified Colt M23 using EX-Explosive Rounds (DV 7, AP -2), 50 shots per clip, on 3rd and 6th attack he only has 10 bullets in the clip so reduce DV and AP by 1?
Agi(9) + Fire(4) + Smartgun(2) = 15d6 for 7 6, 5 4, 5 4, 4, 3, 8 7.

Defense: Have watchful guard so I start suffering defense penalties after second dodge attempt. Will abort to dodge if anything looks nasty. Knock off last dice as necessary.
React(8) + Dodge(4) = 12d6 for 2, 4 3, 1, 5, 2, 3.
RdMarquis
I really should have my character sheet out when I post. I almost forgot I had a periscope.

Anyway, here are some attack rolls.

Logic (5) + Semiautomatics (6) + Smartgun (2) -1 = 12d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880315/

I'm not sure if targeting a weapon around a corner would impose a penalty, so feel free to knock of dice as you see fit.

Just in case it comes to fighting in melee, here are some Unarmed rolls. Killing Hands does 8P, no AP.

Logic (5) + Martial Arts (7) + Improved Ability (2) -1 = 13d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880316/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880317/
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes, Aria

Visual Perception Visual Perception = 12d6 → [2,4,1,2,5,2,4,4,5,2,3,6] → 3
Messed up the invisible castle roll command. Been awhile since I used it, and forgot to add the hits(5). Sigh. Just had to count manually

The monocycle wheel blocks the forward view, but coming up to the corner, a direct view out the side is available.
Notsoevildm
@Virtual Scream/All
Working down the list. Thanks for your patience!

Gossamer - 2 boxes of icon damage. In Argent's kid's school's node. Aria to post

Uller - moved to Barrens. Lurking outside Slicer's possible hiding place. Sent a message to see if Big Peat is still with us. Waiting for reply.

Cipher - in a remote spot in a car park recovering from >1rtu@l5cr3@m attack. Currently on 6S, 3 boxes of which are suppressed by aspirin (effectively 3S). Just received the bad news from the code sprite. Mister Joshua to post.

Alex Bianchi - Just arrived back at Harvey's to pick up his link. GM to post.

Dante - Talking with Jenny Ho at noodle house. GM to post.[/quote]Post up for Gossamer/Aria.
Slacker
@Virtual Scream, Dubstep

In my IC post ordered my Agent to do a Matrix search for info on Cat. Considering my rolls I doubt she finds much of anything though. Total of 8 hits on the extended test.
[ Spoiler ]
karhig
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jan 23 2013, 05:21 PM) *
@Virtual Scream, Dubstep

In my IC post ordered my Agent to do a Matrix search for info on Cat. Considering my rolls I doubt she finds much of anything though. Total of 8 hits on the extended test.
[ Spoiler ]

I don't think it's going to matter in the grand scheme of things, but I guess I wasn't clear. Cat was whispering into Frank's ear while trying to make it look like she was being intimate and girly. She was abusing her looks and gender to try and pull the wool over Dubstep's and Reed's eyes as she whispered important, private, information to Frank regarding her 'runner' ID. He only knows her by her real ID, so it was necessary to avoid any accidental disclosure.

I'd guess Dubstep wouldn't have heard what she was saying to him at all, which was her plan smile.gif That said, her PAN is public and running Moll Flanders, and she did introduce herself as Cat, so the search could still stand where he inclined to run it.
Slacker
QUOTE (karhig @ Jan 23 2013, 12:16 PM) *
I don't think it's going to matter in the grand scheme of things, but I guess I wasn't clear. Cat was whispering into Frank's ear while trying to make it look like she was being intimate and girly. She was abusing her looks and gender to try and pull the wool over Dubstep's and Reed's eyes as she whispered important, private, information to Frank regarding her 'runner' ID. He only knows her by her real ID, so it was necessary to avoid any accidental disclosure.

I'd guess Dubstep wouldn't have heard what she was saying to him at all, which was her plan smile.gif That said, her PAN is public and running Moll Flanders, and she did introduce herself as Cat, so the search could still stand where he inclined to run it.

Sorry about that, just wasn't paying enough attention to your post. Yeah, Dubstep would still do a search. He likely did one on Frank too, since he likes to gather info on people he's dealing with. Other than giving him an adaptive, ongoing soundtrack to his day to day life, this is the main reason why Dubstep has the agent software running. But I kind of think Frank is only here to facilitate us meeting so I didn't roll for that.

If the search roll for Frank would be important:
[ Spoiler ]
Dakka Fiend
@ E:Tribes

Sorry for slacking off; gonna read through the thread and post something today.
Aria
@E:PL/UK

Tsubaki’s spirit Fear rolls:
8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=3, 8d6.hits(5)=1, 8d6.hits(5)=0, 8d6.hits(5)=3

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs) bought hits for you…

Combat order:

1.1 Mordred fires, Gemeaux arrives, gives grenade to Mordred, Collots get inside, Tsubaki summons spider woman [Force 4], opposition deploy grenade launcher
1.2 Gemeaux throws grenade, spirit manifests inside the lead vehicle (only gets 2IPs when manifest), grenade launcher fires, air burst CS gas canister
1.3 Bang goes Gemeaux’s grenade, Gemeaux & Mordred put on respirator / gas mask, Tsubaki outside gas cloud

2.1 Spirit uses fear power on first attacker [2 net hits], attackers exit the vehicle – one of them not exactly of his own free will! Mordred moves back inside pump room, Gemeaux stays to fight, Tsubaki summons watcher 1,
2.2 Spirit uses fear power on second attacker [2 net hits], PCs need to resist power 5S gas attack, Tsubaki summons watcher 2, attacker 1 running, Mordred takes 5 boxes of stun, Gemeaux has 4 boxes stun
2.3 Mordred and Gemeaux retreat away from the door and take up defensive positions

3.1 Spirit uses fear on attacker 3 [1 net hit], first turn of attacker 1 and 2 running away, Tsubaki sees her spirit under attack by a comparable force spirit (air elemental)
3.2+ momentary lull…

5.1 Endoscope comes around the pump room door.

You can probably just climb in the van and drive off from here if you want...but the corpers (at least the boy) have seen Scrapheap and your van and a monobike...just bear in mind that corp brats like these tend to vid their entire sad little lives and post them for all to ignore...just saying!
Machine Ghost
@E:Tribes, Aria

For the IC post, Sprogget is wearing a Victory: Industrious Coverall [AR47] with an electronics toolkit in the pockets.  He should be looking the part of a technical working stiff.  See this post where he was getting ready for the evening in Bellevue, and the spoiler at the end.

If you want a con roll, I need some idea of what modifiers to use: SR4A131
'plausible' modifiers
NPC is friendly: Sprogget interrupted the angry Ork
Advantageous to NPC, protecting them from the scream
Plausible seeming supporting evidence:
- the scream got jammed
- the clothes and tools
Subject distracted: after what the scream was doing

Other modifiers, but not in the general social or con section
Scrapheap imposing (and angry)
Teens outnumbered, although trying not to 'look' like a single team
JxJxA
Time for another white phosphorous grenade!
Agi(9) + Thrown(1) + Spec(2) - Wound(1) = 11d6 for 4 hits. Not as great as before, but hopefully it's something...
ChromeZephyr
@notsoevildm: Perception test for Alex, looking for a medkit.

Inuition 4 + Perception 3 + Enhanced Perception 2 + Visual Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3 = 4 hits.
mister__joshua
@Aria

One of your colour tags is broken in that last post smile.gif
karhig
@Virtual Scream / notsoevildm / slacker
I've pretty much left my post open prior to Cat going home. If either of you still want to do anything that involves her, that's cool, otherwise I'm going to move her on to the following day and contact darkhorse to round out her first job.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Feb 1 2013, 08:46 AM) *
@Aria

One of your colour tags is broken in that last post smile.gif

Oops! Sorted, thanks smile.gif

@NSEDM: I Know you're busy with the Scream but don't forget about Copperhead biggrin.gif
Fairy
Oh crap. I read the combat list wrong. Lol.
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 1 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Oh crap. I read the combat list wrong. Lol.

Here it is again current to the IC post I'm about to put up (feel free to retroactively do something that doesn't screw what the others are seeing smile.gif)

@E:PL/UK

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs)

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

5.2 Gemeaux tosses another phos grenade at the door
5.3 Grenade goes off, small explosion as a grenade cooks off, heavy smoke in doorway

6.1 Microskimmer drone enters and fires a flashpak [-4 visibility or -2 with flare comp for 10 rnds (or until you destroy the drone!) – note, mods stack with smoke, it’s all weirdness here!], attackers enter the pump station

Slacker
@Virtual Scream / notsoevildm / cat
QUOTE (karhig @ Feb 1 2013, 02:58 AM) *
I've pretty much left my post open prior to Cat going home. If either of you still want to do anything that involves her, that's cool, otherwise I'm going to move her on to the following day and contact darkhorse to round out her first job.

I'm cool with ending the scene at the club if notsoevildm doesn't have anything else for us. I don't have any particular place in mind for the lunch meeting.

As long as you're cool with pirated software on your commlink, I'll be able to hook you up with a new OS (System/Firewall) at 10% the normal cost. For upgrading the hardware (Response/Signal), it'll be 50% the normal cost.

Looking at the intervals for the tests, I can get the software tomorrow, but the hardware upgrading will probably take a couple days.
karhig
@Virtual Scream / notsoevildm / cat

I'll pull a name of some cafe out of thin air smile.gif

Pirated software should be fine. If you can clear her current commlink of the virus and nsedm doesn't have anything dastardly planned for her in the next couple of days, none of this should be a problem. If time looks to be an issue, she can throw money at it and buy a better commlink. I'm up to 15 posts, so she should be able to afford something competent. She'd welcome advice on what programmes to use, if she needs agents, how to secure her PAN, anything like that really. She's basically competent with consumer software and that's it smile.gif
JxJxA
@ Aria: So, with flare compensation and ultrasound, does that cut down vision penalties to -4 + wound mods? I think I can iaijutsu my pistol and put a few shots into the drone, if the dice gods are so inclined. smile.gif
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes,

So was I both obscure and plain enough here? No direct threats, but 'offer' some assistance out of a jam, with an implied threat for Scrapheap to report an idiot driver.
RdMarquis
Sorry I've been absent, all. It's been a crazy week.

By the way, what effect have those watchers had? Are the enemies visible enough to reliably aim at? If not, what's the penalty for firing at the area the watchers are hovering around?
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (Aria @ Feb 1 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Oops! Sorted, thanks smile.gif

@NSEDM: I Know you're busy with the Scream but don't forget about Copperhead biggrin.gif
I have the post written in my head but needs a lot of rolls. Will get it posted in next couple of days. And will get some more posts up for virtual scream too!
Dakka Fiend
@ Aria, E:Tribes

Think Tweak could realistically do some on-the-fly editing to create something legit-looking to back up Sprogget?
Say, take a press release by city hall concerning the situation and doctor in some patriotic BS about calling all tech-savy citizens to step up and aid in containing this incident; with a list of obvious security measures (essentially what Sprogget told the kids) attached.
JxJxA
@ Aria & E:PL/UK:

Ok, I'm going to try and quick draw my pistol and hit the microskimmer drone. I have flare compensators, so I think with ultrasound that knocks the visibility mod to -4. I think the mod for something tiny is -6 from Arsenal's advanced combat rules, but feel free to knock off end dice for any mods I miscalculate. smile.gif

Edit: Forgot cover

La Reponse: Modded Savalette Guardian (smartgun built in)
Mods: Extended Clip, Improved Rangefinder, Internal Silencer, Skinlink, Advanced Electro Safety Shocker
Range w/o penalties: 0-20 (-2 for long, -5 for extreme)
Ammo: EX-Explosive (15c)
DV: 6P
AP: -2
RC: 1

Free: Shift Le Repartie to offhand

2 Simple: Quickdraw and shoot microdrone
Quick draw La Reponse: Need 3 hits
React(8 ) + Pistols(4) - Wound(1) = 13d6 for 5 hits.
Shot #1:
Agi(9) + Pistols(4) + Smart(2) - Vis(4) - Wound(1) - Size(6) - Cover(2)= 4d6 for 3 hits 2 hits.
Shot #2:
Agi(9) + Pistols(4) + Smart(2) - Recoil (1-1=0) - Vis(4) - Wound(1) - Size(6) - Cover(2)= 4d6 for 2 hits 1 hit.

Vive la France!
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Dakka Fiend @ Feb 2 2013, 07:22 AM) *
@ Aria, E:Tribes

Think Tweak could realistically do some on-the-fly editing to create something legit-looking to back up Sprogget?
Say, take a press release by city hall concerning the situation and doctor in some patriotic BS about calling all tech-savy citizens to step up and aid in containing this incident; with a list of obvious security measures (essentially what Sprogget told the kids) attached.
Hope with anything Tweak does, he remembers the jammer. Unless his comm has signal rating 4 or better, it will get jammed when he gets within 5 meters of LeFey at the Monocycle. Also, anything he wants to show the kids needs to be on his own comm and display, since their links are [at least in theory given that the scream shut off] totally jammed. Putting up an ARO to see won't work. You are limited to the physical screen of the commlink. Unless using skinlink (or wired connections), all signal rating 0 PAN connects are also blocked, and that will start at 20 meters. No AR gloves, goggles, earbuds, etc will work. Sprogget gets to keep the PAN, because he has modified devices with skinlink for security reasons. Makes it impossible to hack wirelessly. Same for the monocycle, although I do need to get an extra commlink to use as a transponder, to show the ID of the monocycle for legal reasons, while the wireless is shut down.

Hmmmm, that does mean that in theory the kids comms could have enough signal to stay connected, but the scream apparently shut off because the jammer cut the connection between the commlink and earbuds in the PAN. Probably though the commlink has a small built in speaker that would continue to squeel in that case.

As a bonus though, jamming the PAN like that means that any recording being done using glasses, goggles, etc should have gotten cut off when LeFey got within 20 meters. Assuming the camera is part of the PAN, but that that actual storage for the recording was being done to the commlink. The jammer 'cut the connections'.

Really hate to mention it, but if these kids have security tags, those are blocked too, so if they are monitored carefully, alarms could be going off. There *should* be some grace on that, since that is the same effect as going into a matrix dead zone, where there is no usable matrix connection. Something that should happen occasionally, and not cause too much alarm.

Thread should get a hint real fast if he tries the editing. He might be beyond the 5 meter range for blocking the commlink, but he is probably already withing the 20 meter range that blocks the PAN. Soon as he attempts to use AR (gloves etc) to load the edit program, he will discover that AR is down. Depending on his 'normal' mode for AR, he should already know something is strange. He should have lost all the display overlays on goggles, contacts, glasses etc. Probably a nice unhelpful "no signal" message is flashing at him (no image link connection).
Dakka Fiend
@Aria, E:Tribes
Some searching:
Data Seach(2) + Browse(5) + Hot Sim(2) = 9 dice.
Doing three searches with 9,8,7 dice yields 2, 3, 2 hits which should be enough, seeing as this is pretty specific and limited to one site.

Next up, the actual editing:
Computer(2) + Edit(5) + Hot Sim(2) = 9 dice again.
Not sure if it's an extended test or just a simple success test, gonna thow three rolls (9,6,7 dice) again:
And the dice gods say: 2, 4, 3 hits.

And finally bringing Tweak's astounding charisma to bear on the kids:
Charisma (3) + Con (1) = 4 dice for one hit and a glitch. Unless I forgot some dice mods.
Was going with
Suspicious (-1)
Annoying result [proven wrong in front of girlfriend] (-1)
supporting evidence (+1)
subject distracted(+1)
Net = 0

Anyway, if it's a glitch, I'm keeping it. wink.gif

@Machine Ghost: Well, that's what Signal 5 comms are there for, no? And Skinlink'ed stuff. Besides: What is this AR, you're talking about? wink.gif
RdMarquis
This might come back to bite us, but Morgan probably has some documentation that she works for Knight Errant. Suppose she pulls the same trick, swapping Lain's information for hers. Besides, I'm pretty sure she has more dice in Con than either of you. nyahnyah.gif

She could sweeten the deal by handing over her Avalon in exchange for their commlinks and such. How long would it take to wipe all of the data on it, or forward it to Tweak or Sprogget?

In case she needs to face them. Here's a Disguise test.

Disguise (2) + Intuition (4) + Cosmetic (2) = 8d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3901827/

Just what we need. A critical glitch. If LeFey has to intervene, I'm going to drop all my Edge for a reroll.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3901830/

3 hits. Way better.
Machine Ghost
@RdMarquis, LeFey, E:Tribes

At this point, I'd say wait for the response from the corp kid. See if he thinks it is in his own interest to remove any local records of the accident, or decides to go with the news item from Thread. LeFey should be close enough to listen without being seen, and can interrupt if needed. A KE rep might not mix well with what Sprogget has implied.

As for dice pools, depends what modifiers get thrown in.
RdMarquis
Pistols (4) + Logic (5) + Semiautomatics (2) + Smartgun (2) -1 = 12d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3903901/

5 hits. By the way, I just realized I just rolled a bunch of hits in advance. So, I guess we can add this to the list of rolls we're using to speed things up. By the way, at this point, Mordred will be out of explosive rounds and have switched to regular. So, this attack, and the one right before it will do 5P, -1 AP.
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Feb 2 2013, 08:23 PM) *
@ Aria & E:PL/UK:

Ok, I'm going to try and quick draw my pistol and hit the microskimmer drone. I have flare compensators, so I think with ultrasound that knocks the visibility mod to -4. I think the mod for something tiny is -6 from Arsenal's advanced combat rules, but feel free to knock off end dice for any mods I miscalculate. smile.gif

Edit: Forgot cover

La Reponse: Modded Savalette Guardian (smartgun built in)
Mods: Extended Clip, Improved Rangefinder, Internal Silencer, Skinlink, Advanced Electro Safety Shocker
Range w/o penalties: 0-20 (-2 for long, -5 for extreme)
Ammo: EX-Explosive (15c)
DV: 6P
AP: -2
RC: 1

Free: Shift Le Repartie to offhand

2 Simple: Quickdraw and shoot microdrone
Quick draw La Reponse: Need 3 hits
React(8 ) + Pistols(4) - Wound(1) = 13d6 for 5 hits.
Shot #1:
Agi(9) + Pistols(4) + Smart(2) - Vis(4) - Wound(1) - Size(6) - Cover(2)= 4d6 for 3 hits 2 hits.
Shot #2:
Agi(9) + Pistols(4) + Smart(2) - Recoil (1-1=0) - Vis(4) - Wound(1) - Size(6) - Cover(2)= 4d6 for 2 hits 1 hit.

Vive la France!
It’s a bod 0 drone so it’s toast!
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Feb 4 2013, 07:55 AM) *
Pistols (4) + Logic (5) + Semiautomatics (2) + Smartgun (2) -1 = 12d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3903901/
[2,2,3,5,6,1,2,6, 6,3,5,4] = 5 3 hits

5 hits. By the way, I just realized I just rolled a bunch of hits in advance. So, I guess we can add this to the list of rolls we're using to speed things up. By the way, at this point, Mordred will be out of explosive rounds and have switched to regular. So, this attack, and the one right before it will do 5P, -1 AP.
I’ll take this one now as you’ve rolled it, and I’ve linked up your rolls in the combat summary so they will keep repeating and we don’t have to hunt for them.

I take it the -1 listed above is for injury so you forgot the -2 for firing from cover…the periscope will mean you are effectively fully concealed for any return fire! Visibility mods also count so that’s a further -2 for smoke, it would be more but Gemeaux goes a fraction before you and nuked the drone! 3 hits still isn’t bad considering the circumstances! He’s hurting but not out by any means! Given that these guys have just waded through a small firestorm you would be safe assuming they have good armour!

E:PL/UK Summary:

Gemeaux: Ini 15 (3IPs) Mordred: Ini 11 (3IPs) Tsubaki: Ini 10 (2IPs)

Pre-genned Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Combat order:
[ Spoiler ]

5.2 Gemeaux tosses another phos grenade at the door
5.3 Grenade goes off, small explosion as a grenade cooks off, heavy smoke in doorway

6.1 Microskimmer drone enters and fires a flashpak [-4 visibility or -2 with flare comp for 10 rnds (or until you destroy the drone!) – note, mods stack with smoke], attackers enter the pump station. Tsubaki and the Collots are retreating further into the pump station
6.2 Gemeaux destroys the drone, Mordred hits one of the breachers with a burst

Fairy
@Aria

OMFG, my poor spirit!!! It isn't dead, is it?! :O I... I don't know what this could mean!!! XD
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 4 2013, 01:21 PM) *
@Aria

OMFG, my poor spirit!!! It isn't dead, is it?! :O I... I don't know what this could mean!!! XD

Distrupted, gone, dead...it's not communicating any more!!! And it wasn't something simple like you going outside it's range, the dam isn't that long...
Fairy
@Aria

I was under the impression that it being in a "stalemate" also meant that it was relatively safe for it to hold itself on it's own... But, oh friggen well, I guess I deserved that for being uninformed. frown.gif

Out of the boiling pot and into the frying pan, then.
Aria
QUOTE (Fairy @ Feb 4 2013, 01:50 PM) *
@Aria

I was under the impression that it being in a "stalemate" also meant that it was relatively safe for it to hold itself on it's own... But, oh friggen well, I guess I deserved that for being uninformed. frown.gif

Out of the boiling pot and into the frying pan, then.

It was a stalemate against the other spirit, presumably something else did this!
Aria
OoC Posts in Spoiler below to save space, I’ll try and respond to all the questions but hopefully the IC wraps it up anyway…

MG, you are right, he’s suspicious! Very suspicious!
They almost certainly have sec tags, they look the sort!
Tweak’s edit went fine. His con was less effective nyahnyah.gif
Morgan can intervene if she wants to…it would take a couple of secs to wipe your Avalon. I’ve lost track of the connections but you can probably forward all your data to the others via the links you’ve established above the jammer. It might be moot…
[ Spoiler ]

Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes,

Length of time multiplier for snuff bonus: 10x1d6 minutes (1d6=6) = 60 minutes

The Revolution [AR108] has base accel 15/25 and is supposed to be within 5 meters, facing approximately at the teens.  That was the basic 'requirement' to jam the signal and keep LeFey hidden behind the (armored) wheel.  The errata for the armor [AR133] says to reduce that by 20% (to 12/20) since the armor [12] is higher than the body [6] for the cycle.

Using a vehicle as a weapon is done by ramming SR4A169, and damage is based on vehicle body and speed.  What I am missing, is how to properly determine  the speed.  With the snuff reaction bonus, Sprogget can buy 2 hits on a vehicle test, boosting the accel (SR4A167/8) to 22/30, which from a standing start should also be the speed at the ?end? of the turn?  I assume, that at the short range involved here, the cycle would not make it over speed 20 before getting to the target, although it would be up to 22 even with 'walking' rate at the end of the turn.

Sprogget is NOT going to be waiting around if you are doing another time jump.  That delay is only long enough to let others post as needed.  If none of that starts something that needs a physical response immediately, Sprogget will be [relatively] peacefully pulling out.  Either Morgan's parents or KE could be showing up any time.

@Aria, Re Connections: Those using signal rating 4 or higher are still connected. Sprogget has not upgraded yet though, so the jammer has him blocked, which also took down tacnet. Those with high enough signal rating at the accident scene have a matrix connection, but unless using direct connect or skinlink, their PAN is down due to the jamming. Which will include connections between trodes and commlink for VR access, imagelinks in glasses to commlink for AR access, earbuds to listen [privately] to the comm. Build in functions, such as image enhance in glasses should still work, but there is no wireless access to switch configurations, like going to thermographic. Wireless smartlink will also be down.

@Aria, consider: did the Mechanicals 'complex' shut down matrix connections due to the warning / suggestion from Prospero? Would a standard comm call / text message make it through? Sprogget has a 'to do' item, to phone home as soon as the team is fairly clear [leaving Bellevue], so that 'mom' does not worry any more than needed, after seeing the preparations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012