Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
Aria
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 11 2013, 06:31 PM) *
Think Scrap's gonna end up dying to the plague between now and 2075 if something else doesn't kill him first; I don't have the money to buy SR5. Brightest candles burn the fastest, yeah?

The quick start rules are free and we won't be using much more than that to begin with! I like Scrap smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Jul 11 2013, 06:31 PM) *
Think Scrap's gonna end up dying to the plague between now and 2075 if something else doesn't kill him first; I don't have the money to buy SR5. Brightest candles burn the fastest, yeah?

I'm far too confused by SR4 already ... let alone going to fifth smile.gif ... I'm thinking Blaze of Glory Scrap ? two orks and their pet rigger versus the apocalypse ?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 11 2013, 11:11 PM) *
The quick start rules are free and we won't be using much more than that to begin with! I like Scrap smile.gif

okay so the "last post" link took me to CZ's post and not Aria's

to that end, I'm usually of the opinion that anything "FREE" is worth a shot, so .. can we hold off on the apocalypse and see how easy it is to make the mechanicals in SR5

Aria
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 13 2013, 09:36 PM) *
okay so the "last post" link took me to CZ's post and not Aria's

to that end, I'm usually of the opinion that anything "FREE" is worth a shot, so .. can we hold off on the apocalypse and see how easy it is to make the mechanicals in SR5

I'm slowly going through the rules, concentrating on the character gen stuff at the moment to sort the excel out...that said, things aren't so different at first glance that you can't keep existing stats and skills and try to match cyber, powers, spells etc to the new stuff in the book. Limits are a new thing but not rocket science. Matrix should be simpler by all accounts!

Can anyone interested in making an SR5 version of their character, or a new character entirely, please post in the 2075 recruitment thread? Want potential new players to see there's some life in this new thread biggrin.gif
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 14 2013, 07:58 AM) *
Can anyone interested in making an SR5 version of their character, or a new character entirely, please post in the 2075 recruitment thread? Want potential new players to see there's some life in this new thread biggrin.gif

I plan to, but both of my characters use a bunch of material that isn't in the core book. At the very least, I'd like to wait until the 5th ed equivalents of Street Magic and Unwired are out.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jul 15 2013, 08:03 AM) *
I plan to, but both of my characters use a bunch of material that isn't in the core book. At the very least, I'd like to wait until the 5th ed equivalents of Street Magic and Unwired are out.

Well that's what all the blather in the OoC about conversions is all about - I'm sure it's not beyond our combined wits to come up with some reasonable guesstimate about what an SR5 version of an SR4 power etc would be...?!?
phlapjack77
Just in case someone finds this useful: Someone else is working on a conversion thingee
mister__joshua
Sorry I've been slack. I'll be back on it soon and have loads more free time next week (school holidays)

I'm also in the process of reading through the SR5 pdf so I'll try and make a character next week also
Aria
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Jul 17 2013, 04:16 AM) *
Just in case someone finds this useful: Someone else is working on a conversion thingee

There's also an 'offocial' SR4 to 5 conversion guide on DriveThru (and other's I'd guess)...it's free so if you plan on doing some converting please pick up a copy!

I'm working on a post for E:T and E:PL now, so don't worry that I've forgotten entirely about you in the excitement of SR5 biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 18 2013, 12:50 PM) *
I'm working on a post for E:T and E:PL now, so don't worry that I've forgotten entirely about you in the excitement of SR5 biggrin.gif

when are youi making the "Jump" ?

I'm rather pushed for free time to read and digest quickstart etc.
Aria
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 18 2013, 01:54 PM) *
when are youi making the "Jump" ?

I'm rather pushed for free time to read and digest quickstart etc.

Well it would be nice to come to some sort of conclusion on this part of the Mechanicals/Freedomers story and I'll be trialing an SR5 game "Game Face" before I start up the Tribes one there so you've got some time!
Slacker
@Notsoevildm
Any updates on the Virtual Scream front? It's been 2 weeks since you last posted anything IC on it.
Machine Ghost
@Aria,

That E:T IC finally gave some in game reason to know about about the ’tronix tech the Spined Drakes are using.  Thank-you sensors.

Coming up is a piece I have never done before in SR, so I am unsure which path is correct by RAW.  What I think should work, with the rigger jumped in, is to hack the drone firewall, then attack (cybercombat) the rigger.  As the IC says, with the rigger jumped in, the drone is not going to be accepting external control commands, but attacking the rigger icon should still be valid.

How close behind the drone are the gangers?  Will they be in targeting range of Scrapheap and Crow when I do the distraction and attack the drone?  Given current visibility, although G’Eye, being closer, and running 'hot' UWBR could be giving a nice view.  LeO is starting from a bit further away.

I gather that Sprogget will discover the TM is a rigger just as or just before attacking, but after the firewall is down. When he can see the persona icon directly.

Some background and references.
[ Spoiler ]

Rolls and actions
[ Spoiler ]

Reference Map
Aria
Just before I begin writing up the IC for this one (after C:PL too!)... I know that the drone (firewall 6) gets to roll to detect you... as soon as you arrive in the node I presume the techno will also get an analyze roll to see you??? +TM bonuses etc? He's not expecting new icons in the node so they would certainly draw his attention I would think... I'm only asking because it's a lovely day and I've got a burning desire to be in the sun (no pun intended) and don't want to have to consult RAW at the moment nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 19 2013, 05:02 AM) *
Just before I begin writing up the IC for this one (after C:PL too!)... I know that the drone (firewall 6) gets to roll to detect you... as soon as you arrive in the node I presume the techno will also get an analyze roll to see you??? +TM bonuses etc? He's not expecting new icons in the node so they would certainly draw his attention I would think... I'm only asking because it's a lovely day and I've got a burning desire to be in the sun (no pun intended) and don't want to have to consult RAW at the moment nyahnyah.gif
When probing, the target gets a single chance to detect the exploit when you actually use the result to log on SR4A236. When hacking on the fly SR4A235, the node gets a chance to detect on each exploit action. Those are separate and do not happen together. With hacking on the fly, the final exploit that succeeds in getting in also gets a chance to detect the exploit. Those are the cumulative / extended test (Firewall+Analyze) to reach the stealth level of the hacker, to trigger an alert. That is for the 'normal' hacking. Crack Sprite, or an Exploit program with the Mute option UN115 is a bit different. In that case, although the exploit is detected in the same fashion, the alert is not triggered until later. For Mute, the delay is one full combat turn. For Crack with Suppression power SR4A243, the delay is Sprite rating / 2 round up combat turns.

Hacking on the fly does automatically log the intruder in on success.
QUOTE (Hacking On The Fly @ SR4A235)
When you beat the threshold and gain the account, you are automatically logged onto the node with that level of access, and do not need to spend a Log On action (unless you log off).
Which would in give users already in the node a chance to notice the new presence (subject to stealth). With the intended goal, I see this sequence as: Sprite exploit (n complex actions), automatic log on with final exploit, immediate log off (simple action SR4A229), release Sprite (free action?), compile Fault sprite (complex action), thread Blackout CF (free action), Log On (complex action), attack. That should minimize the opportunity for the rigger to notice in time. There will be a delayed alert pending from the exploits, but hopefully it will be going off about the same time as the attack occurs.

EDIT: TM Perception would start with a base Computer+Analyze+TM(2)+VR(2) threshold 3 = stealth where it applies.
JxJxA
I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. I'm just at a loss at what I'm supposed to do next. I'm more than happy to Han Solo it into the darkness, but is that what we're doing? nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jul 19 2013, 11:54 PM) *
I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. I'm just at a loss at what I'm supposed to do next. I'm more than happy to Han Solo it into the darkness, but is that what we're doing? nyahnyah.gif

Well that probably needs an OoC discussion...we're at a crossroads now and I'll run it the way you guys want, you can have a big confrontation with possessed Snag or just get the hell out of dodge now you have back-up...blow the bridge behind you and it would take the ghouls ages to follow (should they be so inclined)!?! Or blow up this building and hope you catch 'em inside ork.gif

Stitch has a handy supply of C4 'for emergencies!'
RdMarquis
I'm still around, too. Just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I'll get back in the game in a day or two.
ChromeZephyr
Add me to the chorus of "still here"s. Work has been utter ass for the last weeks and a half, and looks like next week I have jury duty. So posting for me will be...sparse.
Aria
@'Machine Ghost' date='Jul 19 2013
<snip>
Some background and references.
[ Spoiler ]

Rolls and actions
[ Spoiler ]

Reference Map
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 26 2013, 09:19 AM) *
.. snip ..
Rolls and actions
[ Spoiler ]

Reference Map
Edge to Reroll misses on damage resist (6d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,6,2,4] = (1))
That is still 5 damage, and overflows from stun to physical.  Was already up to 6 stun from earlier fading and scream.  Use dead man switch to get LeO to attack the drone with extreme prejudice, as Sprogget falls unconscious and gets dumped back to his body in the monocycle. That means Storm goes away too. Did we at least get in the initial attacks? I did not see anything about that in IC, or notes in the rolls.

LeO's attack should I think be 2 narrow long bursts per IP, as he is just coming around the corner about now, about 20 meters past where Scrapheap and Crow are, and about 40 meters from where G'Eye is ducking across the street, but coming toward/past them headed for where the drone and gangers are coming from.

Tacnet is down, so lose 2 dice.

However you did the quote/copy/paste/snip on the previous OOC, the map link got messed up.  A "&amp;quot;" got inserted at the beginning.  Repaired in this post.

Attack 6 ??! Does he have resonance and system 6? Is that a rating 6 sprite?
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jul 26 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Edge to Reroll misses on damage resist (6d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,6,2,4] = (1))
That is still 5 damage, and overflows from stun to physical.  Was already up to 6 stun from earlier fading and scream.  Use dead man switch to get LeO to attack the drone with extreme prejudice, as Sprogget falls unconscious and gets dumped back to his body in the monocycle. That means Storm goes away too. Did we at least get in the initial attacks? I did not see anything about that in IC, or notes in the rolls.

LeO's attack should I think be 2 narrow long bursts per IP, as he is just coming around the corner about now, about 20 meters past where Scrapheap and Crow are, and about 40 meters from where G'Eye is ducking across the street, but coming toward/past them headed for where the drone and gangers are coming from.

Tacnet is down, so lose 2 dice.

However you did the quote/copy/paste/snip on the previous OOC, the map link got messed up.  A "&amp;quot;" got inserted at the beginning.  Repaired in this post.

Attack 6 ??! Does he have resonance and system 6? Is that a rating 6 sprite?

I meant you should edge the hit roll, always/usually better than the soak...so he just missed and is now in a world of trouble!

Drone needs a complex action to fire any attack I think so 1 burst or 1 FA per ip

Resonance 5... He threaded his attack just for you ork.gif (unless I've misread the rules again?!?) here's hoping the sr 5 ones are easier! nyahnyah.gif
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 27 2013, 01:16 AM) *
I meant you should edge the hit roll, always/usually better than the soak...so he just missed and is now in a world of trouble!
Works, so do not need dead man trigger (yet), and tacnet still active.

Drone needs a complex action to fire any attack I think so 1 burst or 1 FA per ip
Had a thread about that earlier. The last on that has a reference that implies that when the drone is running on its own pilot, firing semi automatic (and by extension short bursts, or long bursts with high velocity mod) are still simple actions. It is the giving of commands to the drone that is a complex action. Which is why I tried to setup most of the options ahead of time, then get the drone to make decisions based on things like tacnet icon status, which Sprogget can control more easily.

Resonance 5... He threaded his attack just for you ork.gif (unless I've misread the rules again?!?) here's hoping the sr 5 ones are easier! nyahnyah.gif
You can thread to 2 times resonance (with enough hits), but all (threading) fading is physical damage if the final result (rating) is any higher than resonance. Also all other actions get a -2 dice pool while sustaining the threaded form (like defense, but damage resist is still full pool). Threading is a free action, but threading to attack, then dropping in the same IP to get pool back for defense does not seem appropriate. I see any threading as needing to be be/remain active for at least one IP, and dropping one to thread another needs 2 free actions.

JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 22 2013, 12:41 AM) *
Well that probably needs an OoC discussion...we're at a crossroads now and I'll run it the way you guys want, you can have a big confrontation with possessed Snag or just get the hell out of dodge now you have back-up...blow the bridge behind you and it would take the ghouls ages to follow (should they be so inclined)!?! Or blow up this building and hope you catch 'em inside ork.gif

Stitch has a handy supply of C4 'for emergencies!'

Gemeaux is cut from the cloth of "go big, there are no other options," so I'll vote for the big confrontation. I have a few more white phosphorous grenades for just this occasion... biggrin.gif

I'm sorry I've been mum on the 2075 topic. I just hopped over the Pacific for a new job, and I haven't had a chance to look at the new rules. If it looks doable, I'd be interested in bringing Gemeaux into the fold. I'm not a big fan of the Shadowrun system because the rules are pretty crazy (I'd be lost without the 20th Anniversary book), but I really enjoy gaming with you all enough that I'll put the effort into learning 'em. smile.gif
Aria
Glad to hear it biggrin.gif

THe QSR rules are straight forward enough and there's only the main rulebook at the moment! There's a handy conversion guide from SR4 to SR5 on DriveThru <<here>> which takes you through the necessary steps
Mach_Ten
@E:Tribes

with the prolonged absence of ScrapHeap, I'm at a loss as to what to do.
I presume he is restraining our friend here and asking some polite questions biggrin.gif

Sprogget, on your command Crow will open fire, meantime I'm selecting the best armed target and "Taking Aim"
ammo is ex-ex and Semi-auto mode is active

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jul 31 2013, 07:11 AM) *
@E:Tribes

with the prolonged absence of ScrapHeap, I'm at a loss as to what to do.
I presume he is restraining our friend here and asking some polite questions biggrin.gif

Sprogget, on your command Crow will open fire, meantime I'm selecting the best armed target and "Taking Aim"
ammo is ex-ex and Semi-auto mode is active
Sprogget is hoping to take that drone out of play.  Will need input from Aria about targeting and timing.  The drone was in the lead (running point) for the 2 gangers.  G'Eye was between the drone and your position, and LeO is approaching from beyond you.  The plan was to have you able to target the gangers when Sprogget attacked the drone.  However, visibility has dropped since that was set up, so GM needs to indicate what can be seen, and is a practical target.  If Sprogget can subvert the drone fast enough, he might be able to lead the gangers right into the optimum position without them realizing there is a problem.  Like midway along side a building, with no place to hide.  That is a downside of them running totally wireless dark.  Nobody gets to radio them a warning, if the Dissonant gets the chance.

As a minimum, that drone might not be so quick targeting you, while he is busy fighting Sprogget and Storm in the matrix.
Aria
Sorry I haven't got an E:Tribes response up this week - work nyahnyah.gif

Will get it up next week, promise, begun writing it, just not quite there yet!
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jul 31 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Sprogget is hoping to take that drone out of play. Will need input from Aria about targeting and timing. The drone was in the lead (running point) for the 2 gangers. G'Eye was between the drone and your position, and LeO is approaching from beyond you. The plan was to have you able to target the gangers when Sprogget attacked the drone. However, visibility has dropped since that was set up, so GM needs to indicate what can be seen, and is a practical target. If Sprogget can subvert the drone fast enough, he might be able to lead the gangers right into the optimum position without them realizing there is a problem. Like midway along side a building, with no place to hide. That is a downside of them running totally wireless dark. Nobody gets to radio them a warning, if the Dissonant gets the chance.

As a minimum, that drone might not be so quick targeting you, while he is busy fighting Sprogget and Storm in the matrix.
It’s not going to be pretty that’s for sure! I’m using a tweak of the TM in the core book and his focus on the matrix is somewhat more than yours! You were lucky to get a blow in (crappy roll) – I couldn’t find a reference to your attack CF/prog…?!?

Gangers are running back to their bikes! They didn’t communicate with the drone!

<snip>

TM Living Persona (and Table) SR4A239 : No TM matrix attributes greater than Resonance
TM Response = INT (plus 1 in VR), Firewall = WIL, System = LOG, Signal = Resonance / 2 rounded up.
REFS:
[ Spoiler ]

Attacks:
[ Spoiler ]

Defence:
[ Spoiler ]

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 5 2013, 09:35 AM) *
It’s not going to be pretty that’s for sure! I’m using a tweak of the TM in the core book and his focus on the matrix is somewhat more than yours! You were lucky to get a blow in (crappy roll) – I couldn’t find a reference to your attack CF/prog…?!?
Standard matrix attack SR4A231, Cybercombat SR4A236/7
For Sprogget, Cybercombat+(Threaded) Blackout+VR-Wounds
For Storm, Cybercombat(=Sprite rating)+Electron Storm(=Sprite rating)
Blackout program/complex form SR4A233. The interesting piece is that single hit locks his matrix connection open (SR4A237 Black IC Attacks). Not that it looks like he is interested in running away.

Wasn't really expecting to do much directly with Sprogget's attack. Rating 2 attack program is not much threat. Was just hoping to reduce the Disonant's defense dice pool for Storm's attack (second attacker), to give him a better chance. I did say that Storm was to attack after Sprogget did.

Gangers are running back to their bikes! They didn’t communicate with the drone!
Remember that Banjo should be just arriving at the bikes, if I got the speeds and distances right. In case there is additional information coming from there. Since the gangers seem to be in rush, Sprogget is probably going to have to take a complex action to tell banjo to abort and get out of there before they arrive. Should be able to wait a few IP's and still have time though, if Banjo uses 'running' accel for the exit.

<snip>

TM Living Persona (and Table) SR4A239 : No TM matrix attributes greater than Resonance
TM Response = INT (plus 1 in VR), Firewall = WIL, System = LOG, Signal = Resonance / 2 rounded up.
REFS:
[ Spoiler ]

Attacks:
[ Spoiler ]

Defence:
[ Spoiler ]
From the rolls used up, it appears that the Disonant got an attack when Sprogget logged back in (when he 'arrived' in the drone node), then another attack when both Sprogget and Storm got their first attack.

Is the TM still jumped-in to the drone while in combat?

EDIT: Should be dice left for LeO in the drone pools since only used 2 attacks on the initial gangers.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Aug 5 2013, 08:27 PM) *
From the rolls used up, it appears that the Disonant got an attack when Sprogget logged back in (when he 'arrived' in the drone node), then another attack when both Sprogget and Storm got their first attack.

Is the TM still jumped-in to the drone while in combat?

EDIT: Should be dice left for LeO in the drone pools since only used 2 attacks on the initial gangers.

Bit of creative licence on that one...I started to plan to do 2 attacks each, lost track of the initiative rolls and then decided I'd give you the opportunity to decide to press the attack or do something else...

As far as I know he's still counted as jumped-in (you're all in the node) and you can split your concentration in the matrix to a certain extent...that said he's handed control of the drone back to the dog brain so he can focus his attention on your temeretous invasion of his node ork.gif

Let me know what you want LeO et al. to do...the gangers are legging it and the drone is proceeding forwards (although slower than before)
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 6 2013, 01:09 AM) *
Bit of creative licence on that one...I started to plan to do 2 attacks each, lost track of the initiative rolls and then decided I'd give you the opportunity to decide to press the attack or do something else...

As far as I know he's still counted as jumped-in (you're all in the node) and you can split your concentration in the matrix to a certain extent...that said he's handed control of the drone back to the dog brain so he can focus his attention on your temeretous invasion of his node ork.gif

Let me know what you want LeO et al. to do...the gangers are legging it and the drone is proceeding forwards (although slower than before)
In the node is not the same as jumped in for one specific context at least.  Being in the node means you can interact and within limits command it, but jumped in means you 'become' the drone, and take biofeedback when the drone takes damage.  Like Sprogget almost did when the mage targeted the monocycle.  Just being in the node will not do that, unless the damage crashes the node (not just the drone), and then the damage is from dumpshock. SR4A245/6

To turn over control to the dog brain, I think you need to 'exit' from jumped in, which means no more biofeedback from damage.

Splitting attention is certainly possible, but without some special qualities/abilities will result in negative dice pools in one or both contexts.  SR4A237 Simultaneous Combat in multiple nodes.  If the Dissonant is still jumped in (and Sprogget can tell), then he can press the attack while bringing LeO in as well.  Otherwise, he will take one more shot, then duck out while Storm tries to hold the riggers attention while LeO tries to take the drone down.  Having the Dissonant needing to resist damage from LeO's attack might make it possible to gain the upper hand matrix side.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Aug 6 2013, 08:02 PM) *
In the node is not the same as jumped in for one specific context at least.  Being in the node means you can interact and within limits command it, but jumped in means you 'become' the drone, and take biofeedback when the drone takes damage.  Like Sprogget almost did when the mage targeted the monocycle.  Just being in the node will not do that, unless the damage crashes the node (not just the drone), and then the damage is from dumpshock. SR4A245/6

To turn over control to the dog brain, I think you need to 'exit' from jumped in, which means no more biofeedback from damage.

Splitting attention is certainly possible, but without some special qualities/abilities will result in negative dice pools in one or both contexts.  SR4A237 Simultaneous Combat in multiple nodes.  If the Dissonant is still jumped in (and Sprogget can tell), then he can press the attack while bringing LeO in as well.  Otherwise, he will take one more shot, then duck out while Storm tries to hold the riggers attention while LeO tries to take the drone down.  Having the Dissonant needing to resist damage from LeO's attack might make it possible to gain the upper hand matrix side.

Think this one needs more of a rules lawyer than I can be. I don't doubt what you are saying but it seems to make riggers extremely vulnerable! They'd all need to be cyber combat experts too!

Let's assume he's not jumped in and I haven't given myself the headache of him slaving the drone to his bio node!!! Can you give me your initiatives and attack cf again please too? Linking LeO's attack rolls so I don't need to hunt back would also help as I'm swamped at the moment with RL and getting on top of sr5 too nyahnyah.gif

Mental note for 2075, get people to put a string of rolls up with their character sheets lol
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 6 2013, 01:37 PM) *
Think this one needs more of a rules lawyer than I can be. I don't doubt what you are saying but it seems to make riggers extremely vulnerable! They'd all need to be cyber combat experts too!
Either they need to be vulnerable, or a jumped in drone node is not hackable.  Since a spider can effectively be jumped in to a building, and that is still hackable …
The other side, is to keep the drone node hidden, with non-standard wireless link, hefty firewalls, high rating nodes, and good defensive IC programs.  That is true whether jumping in, or just remotely commanding.

Let's assume he's not jumped in and I haven't given myself the headache of him slaving the drone to his bio node!!!  Can you give me your initiatives and attack cf again please too? Linking LeO's attack rolls so I don't need to hunt back would also help as I'm swamped at the moment with RL and getting on top of sr5 too nyahnyah.gif
below

Mental note for 2075, get people to put a string of rolls up with their character sheets lol
Depending what you intended with that, or a dice pool to pull individual rolls from, as I did for the drones.  Might be very useful to have a pool to draw from, while people are getting used to the correct dice pools.

LeO Initiative: Pilot(3)+Response(6) (9d6.hits(5)+9 → [1,5,4,1,4,3,6,2,6,9] = (4 3)) = 12
Sprogget Matrix Initiative 2 x INT(4) + 1 (9d6.hits(5) → [2,5,3,1,3,1,2,4,5] = (2)) = 11
Initiative was not actually rolled earlier.  Tried to get invisible castle to add the base to the total (again), but did not do what was expected, so manually adjusted.
Sprogget attack complex form: Blackout(2) SR4A233 Black IC SR4A237
Storm (Fault(3) sprite) starting with Electron Storm(3) SR4A242, moving to Blackout(3) if/after get a hit with the storm.
See OOC post spoilers for pool details.

Original drone dice pool rolls in spoiler, including LeO.
Used dice for first attack, although should have been 3 more dice used for improved range finder and smart link summary mentioned here.

This OOC Post shows the results from the attack on the second ganger, but I do not see anything for the actual dice used.  If the first was adjusted from
[5,5,5,5,6, 6, Attack test first 10D -2D Called shot -1D range -1D visibility = 6 hits!
[2,2,6,5, 5,3,5,5,6]
[5,4,6,4,6, 3,3,4,1,5, 2,2,4,5,2]
to
[5,5,5,5,6, 6,2,2,6, Attack test first 12D -2D Called shot -1D visibility = 7 hits!
[5, 5,3,5,5,6]
[5,4,6,4,6, 3,3,4,1,5, 2,2,4,5,2]
then the second should have become
[5,5,5,5,6, 6,2,2,6, Attack test first 12D -2D Called shot -1D visibility = 7 hits!
[5, 5,3,5,5,6] [5,4, Attack test 2 12D -2D Called shot -2D visibility = 6 hits!
[6,4,6, 3,3,4,1,5, 2,2,4,5,2]

Would you allow LeO to have been doing Take Aim SR4A148 (simple action) for the last IP or 2?  Maximum of +2 dice to the attack with rating 4 Targeting autosoft.  The roto-drone should have been the highest priority (but pending) target since LeO came around that corner, where he got line of sight.  Since he had no immediate targets, take aim at the most likely future target seems a reasonable action running on his own pilot.

Does the roto-drone have any obvious armor (beyond the 2 points that come with the off the shelf unit SR4A351)?  Unless it is concealed AR132, armor is easily seen.  This could potentially have been seen from the feed provided by Cam, or directly through tacnet feeds as the drone got closer, or most recently from G’Eye dashing across the street, with UWBR active.

Depending on how much armor Sprogget thinks the roto-drone has, he needs to get LeO to act to increase the DV, since SR4A170 Vehicle Damage says "If the attack’s modified DV does not exceed the vehicle’s modified Armor, no damage is applied".  The roto-drone could support up to armor 9 (3 x body AR132/3)

The plan for extra armor, is for Sprogget to tag the roto-drone in the tacnet feed as an active threat, Called Shot:Vital.  The idea is to get LeO to use the target vital area option of called shot SR4A161.  With maximum armor, a single net hit, and DV modifier of +3, that would get a modified DV to 10.  Enough to get through the armor, to actually do damage.  Narrow burst SR4A153 also increases DV, but that does not apply when comparing against the armor rating.  Assuming a single net hit, a full burst on top of 10 DV would have have the drone facing 21P (High Velocity AR152/AR26), vs a dice pool of BODY(3)+Armor(9), with a condition monitor of 10 boxes.  Lots of little tiny pieces.  If the drone has less armor, other options are practical.
Aria
It's got off the shelf armour (crappy!) so little bitty drone pieces are imminent...errr...what happens to poor Sprogget when the node he's in gets obliterated? Ouch, dumpshock for you and the Disonant I expect!
Mach_Ten
let me know when it's initiative time please and I'll drop the gangers like the bitches they are !
phlapjack77
@NotSoEvilDM: You still around?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 7 2013, 01:05 AM) *
It's got off the shelf armour (crappy!) so little bitty drone pieces are imminent...errr...what happens to poor Sprogget when the node he's in gets obliterated? Ouch, dumpshock for you and the Disonant I expect!
Too bad I can not think of a reliable IC way to just disable that drone. Sprogget would much rather take it apart and put it back together himself. That [minimal] armor means there is no need to get drastic about pushing up DV, at the cost of attack hits.

Yes if they are still there, dumpshock if the drone is destroyed. However, Sprogget knows it is coming, and is planning to logout just before. The big bad dissonant is welcome to think he chased Sprogget away smile.gif Sprites are not in VR or AR, so should just get sent back to the realms, or to Sprogget's bionode. If Storm can keep the TM in the node, in addition to the direct dumpshock SR4A237 damage, he will have a -2 dice pool to all actions for 10 - Willpower minutes. Maybe help Sprogget track his meat using the id/link he got from that single hit with Blackout. Not a normal trace user, since there will not be any connection to trace after the drone is destroyed, but starting from an assumption that the TM is physically close by, Sprogget can try Data Search + Scan to check relatively nearby accessible nodes looking for that id. Since he is running hidden, that will not be completely trivial, but hopping to nodes on sensor network, and looking for neighboring hidden nodes should be doable in reasonable time. Start from where the bikes were parked, and circle out emphasizing the direction the bikes came from.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Aug 7 2013, 01:25 AM) *
let me know when it's initiative time please and I'll drop the gangers like the bitches they are !

As soon as the next IC post goes up, to take the rotodrone down hard.
Machine Ghost
@Aria, E:Tribes,

I have several more thing pending IC, but need to wait for results of things initiated (at least LeO's shot) before going on to next piece.
Slacker
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 7 2013, 02:32 AM) *
@NotSoEvilDM: You still around?

Sadly, I'm assuming that the Virtual Scream game is no more with it being so long without a post from NotSoEvilDM.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Slacker @ Aug 9 2013, 07:59 AM) *
Sadly, I'm assuming that the Virtual Scream game is no more with it being so long without a post from NotSoEvilDM.
frown.gif

Just when I am getting to where I might be able to do something with Frankenhunter.

Well at the moment, other things are keeping Sprogget busy. Can wait awhile longer without distorting actions too much.
Machine Ghost
Aria,

C-D Dalmatian drone (Banjo), sensors: 3 cameras, with Low Light, Thermographic, Ultrasound plus vision enhancement (not on the thermographic).  Vision magnification for Low Light.  UWBR, Ultrasound not currently active.  NLJD is active (shorter range that the others).  Low Light spotlight (really flashlight / penlight) if needed.  Mechanical arm with snake fingers (AU45), and storage compartment full of sensors and materials to place them.

Artisan, Automotive Mechanic, Disguise skills, Equipment modification and customization knowledge.
Assumption for the sensors and supplies that Banjo is carrying to add to the sensor mesh.  Some will be configured to stay dormant, tied to stealth tags to turn them on and off.  These are designed to be not noticed, and put out no signals until activated.  A NLJD could find them, but a radio signal scanner would not, unless they are active at the time.  The supplies will include materials to help hide the sensor placements.

Does Sprogget think he has time to hide a sensor (to use as a tracker) on the bikes before the (so far) remaining ganger gets close enough to see Banjo?

Aria, can you "be" Scrapheap, and 'coax' some intel out of that captured ganger?  Silence during the latest action could be accounted for by Scrapheap sitting hard on that Ork, to make sure no warning was going out.

G’Eye is moving at its rated maximum speed of 30, exactly the wrong way now.  It will take 2 combat turns to come to a stop, then 2 more to get back to where it started the reversal, moving at speed the other.  He is not going to be in a position to see, or be seen by, the ganger for a bit.

For the "pin only" tac status, I am thinking narrow short bursts aimed ahead and to the side of the gangers location, using take aim and called shot.  That will slow the rate of fire, so the 'target' might figure an unenhanced person is the source, instead of a drone with 3 IP.  If he does not spot the drone, which is running covert ops autosoft.  Or maybe look like a drone being commanded (Gunnery) by someone in AR instead of VR.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Slacker @ Aug 9 2013, 10:59 PM) *

Yeah, it does look that way frown.gif
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (phlapjack77 @ Aug 11 2013, 08:41 AM) *
Yeah, it does look that way frown.gif

Damn and double damn. That was a fun story line.

@Aria: Sorry about the vanishing act, I expected to be able to post again last week. I'll have a post up for CoP by end of day, and let me know what I need to do with Scrapheap, other than glare menacingly at the wounded kid we've dragged into an alley.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Aug 12 2013, 08:00 AM) *
Damn and double damn. That was a fun story line.

@Aria: Sorry about the vanishing act, I expected to be able to post again last week. I'll have a post up for CoP by end of day, and let me know what I need to do with Scrapheap, other than glare menacingly at the wounded kid we've dragged into an alley.
Scrapheap could be asking some pointed questions about what the Spined Drakes are doing attacking, ambushing, blowing up things around Mechanicals (and Freedom) territory, and who they are working with/for.

Sprogget would like to be involved in that, but is just a little busy trying to make sure they are not doing any more of that right here and now. And incidentally making sure they do not take that source of information away.
ChromeZephyr
Good idea. Posts up shortly.
Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Aug 10 2013, 07:51 AM) *
Aria,

C-D Dalmatian drone (Banjo), sensors: 3 cameras, with Low Light, Thermographic, Ultrasound plus vision enhancement (not on the thermographic). Vision magnification for Low Light. UWBR, Ultrasound not currently active. NLJD is active (shorter range that the others). Low Light spotlight (really flashlight / penlight) if needed. Mechanical arm with snake fingers (AU45), and storage compartment full of sensors and materials to place them.

Artisan, Automotive Mechanic, Disguise skills, Equipment modification and customization knowledge.
Assumption for the sensors and supplies that Banjo is carrying to add to the sensor mesh. Some will be configured to stay dormant, tied to stealth tags to turn them on and off. These are designed to be not noticed, and put out no signals until activated. A NLJD could find them, but a radio signal scanner would not, unless they are active at the time. The supplies will include materials to help hide the sensor placements.

Does Sprogget think he has time to hide a sensor (to use as a tracker) on the bikes before the (so far) remaining ganger gets close enough to see Banjo?

Aria, can you "be" Scrapheap, and 'coax' some intel out of that captured ganger? Silence during the latest action could be accounted for by Scrapheap sitting hard on that Ork, to make sure no warning was going out.

G’Eye is moving at its rated maximum speed of 30, exactly the wrong way now. It will take 2 combat turns to come to a stop, then 2 more to get back to where it started the reversal, moving at speed the other. He is not going to be in a position to see, or be seen by, the ganger for a bit.

For the "pin only" tac status, I am thinking narrow short bursts aimed ahead and to the side of the gangers location, using take aim and called shot. That will slow the rate of fire, so the 'target' might figure an unenhanced person is the source, instead of a drone with 3 IP. If he does not spot the drone, which is running covert ops autosoft. Or maybe look like a drone being commanded (Gunnery) by someone in AR instead of VR.
Yes, you can bug the bikes before the fleeing ganger reaches them assuming LeO, Scrap and Crow don’t inadvertently kill him nyahnyah.gif I don’t think he’s going to be analysing the shot patterns, just trying to keep his head down and get back to wherever he was running off to!

Seems Scrap is back with us biggrin.gif

A précis of what you might have learnt from the ganger: “I don’t know shit! These three weird guys said they’d help us get back our turf, sold us some bang bang and told us how to hurt those bastards! Take what’s ours and we’ll take it back, scan? You fuck me up it ain’t gonna do nuffin, nobody cares right? But I can help you yeah? Put a word in with da boss…meybe ask that he leaves the mechs be? We got on alrit until those hacker freaks turned up!”

A check on the direction of the wifi mesh near the mall will tell you that there’s some powerful ‘jamming on the fly’ going on over there…you can reach the Mechs but no word from the mall. Now technically I know jamming won’t ever really override sat links but perhaps they’ve been put out of commission…?!?
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 13 2013, 09:01 AM) *

Yup, sorry about that. Posts up for both him and E:CoP.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 13 2013, 09:01 AM) *
Yes, you can bug the bikes before the fleeing ganger reaches them assuming LeO, Scrap and Crow don’t inadvertently kill him nyahnyah.gif I don’t think he’s going to be analysing the shot patterns, just trying to keep his head down and get back to wherever he was running off to!

A précis of what you might have learnt from the ganger: “I don’t know shit! These three weird guys said they’d help us get back our turf, sold us some bang bang and told us how to hurt those bastards! Take what’s ours and we’ll take it back, scan? You fuck me up it ain’t gonna do nuffin, nobody cares right? But I can help you yeah? Put a word in with da boss…meybe ask that he leaves the mechs be? We got on alrit until those hacker freaks turned up!”

A check on the direction of the wifi mesh near the mall will tell you that there’s some powerful ‘jamming on the fly’ going on over there…you can reach the Mechs but no word from the mall. Now technically I know jamming won’t ever really override sat links but perhaps they’ve been put out of commission…?!?
I expect that the 'examine the gangers bikes' did not show up anything surprising.  This will be standard type of equipment to be expected of the Spined Drakes class of ganger.  Only the communications gear and weapons are new and improved?

The ‘jamming on the fly’ UN105 is an opposed test, Electronic Warfare+Signal-(1 per 5 meters) vs Electronic Warfare+Signal+ECCM.  Banjo drone in autonomous mode will have a 15 dice pool.  G'Eye and LeO do not do as well, as I did not get the Electronic Warefare autosofts added to them.  Sprogget will have a 9 dice pool after threading ECCM(2), using skinlink to get access to signal 5 wireless adapter.  Rigging LeO, using his own Electronic Warfare skill, and LeO's ECCM, gets a 13 dice pool.  In general, people with decent gear should not have too much problem, although access to the sensors around the jamming will be blocked, since they are unlikely to have Electronic Warefare autosoft, or ECCM.  To block access to Nimbus, and other people would need some fairly high rated signal level devices subverted inside the Mall (that 1 rating per 5 meter jamming signal level drop), and even then ECCM would probably cut through it.

IC paused at the point where it would be convenient for Sprogget to notice the jamming pending clarification of intent. Banjo is currently 200 meters closer to that latest explosion than the rest of team, and the just sent message delivery will fail for Nimbus per your previous OOC.

Sprogget also has a rating 6 'real' area jammer.  Idea: get that into Banjo's storage compartment, and send him in to (maybe) do some 'smarter' jamming, and act as non-jammed eyes.  Banjo has a radio signal scanner, which should have no problem finding where the source of the very noisy jamming on the fly is coming from (if it continues very long).  Travel routes limited by the storm, and current need to keep low to stay out of the way of lightning.  LeO would not need to get close enough to be jammed (signal falls to 0 at source signal rating * 5 meters), to be effective with the Ares Alpha.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012