Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2072 [+4 Months]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
JxJxA
@ Notsoevildm

I have a potential idea for another character, but I have to figure out the adept rules a bit more. I've been watching a ton of Kung Faux and have been dying to make a character like that. biggrin.gif
Notsoevildm
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 6 2011, 03:31 PM) *
@ Notsoevildm

I have a potential idea for another character, but I have to figure out the adept rules a bit more. I've been watching a ton of Kung Faux and have been dying to make a character like that. biggrin.gif

Hmm, how to incorporate a scene where a truckload of thugs / ninjas attacks the team unexpectedly. Guess I would recommend taking the flaw - Enemy: truckload of thugs / ninjas (or maybe just Yakuza, Fuchi or one of the other Japcorps).
JxJxA
That, and I want to use all of the crazy slang

"Hey, y'all cats is straight foolish. I'm 'bout to snuff all y'all bitch-ass chummers, I got da crew and we ready!" biggrin.gif
Zaranthan
@Notsoevildm
Less frenetic sounds quite attractive. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

For reference, another link to Robert. I've taken Seth's advice and traded Stealth for Stunball, and Improved Inivisibility for 3 BP of money, taking back the karma I had spent there and dumping all 10 into initiating for the Masking metamagic. Maybe now I'll survive for ten minutes. biggrin.gif

Which reminds me, I'll have to write a metaplanar quest into the backstory one of these days. Should be fun.
Aria
Seth, confused as ever...I'm assuming Tempest's fears will be this coming round? If it's not too late I'll use her last service to conceal herself, Ember and 3 other party members in sight - I'm assuming she'll manifest in the cafe outside fab...

Will catch up properly with all tomorrow...
AppliedCheese
Alright, 24 hours sans scene entry...I'm assuming no one is interested in das boats. New scene will be up shortly if any of the bench want something to do between full fledged runs

In short, anything I've marked as @ 2072 Open World is free to have you write yourself in while its on going. if no one bite sona scene in a day or two, i take it down and offer other options.

For those newer to the thread: you can commit to a one off scene, then happily move to another GM's game upon completion. That's the glory of 2072. You always have the option of weaving in and out, so long as your time stamps make sense.
Aria
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 6 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Alright, 24 hours sans scene entry...I'm assuming no one is interested in das boats. New scene will be up shortly if any of the bench want something to do between full fledged runs

In short, anything I've marked as @ 2072 Open World is free to have you write yourself in while its on going. if no one bite sona scene in a day or two, i take it down and offer other options.

For those newer to the thread: you can commit to a one off scene, then happily move to another GM's game upon completion. That's the glory of 2072. You always have the option of weaving in and out, so long as your time stamps make sense.

I/Silk is interested, just snowed under! Should be able to pick something up tomorrow...
Aria
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 6 2011, 09:19 PM) *
I/Silk is interested, just snowed under! Should be able to pick something up tomorrow...

No name for Silk's work yet, will look at google maps for inspiration

Guess working hours would be variable shifts? Never worked in a coffee shop...

@Zarathan: character linked at the front of the thread-fancy joining Silk on a boat? Less frantic pace than Seth's thread would be great smile.gif
Seth
Sorry to slow down the frantic pace, but real life kicked in: work / kids / home repairs...I'll put my nose back to the grindwheel tomorrow
LostProxy
@Cheese

You said no hackers right? I had this generalist combat/face/hacker build I wanted to try out.
Zaranthan
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 6 2011, 03:30 PM) *
@Zarathan: character linked at the front of the thread-fancy joining Silk on a boat? Less frantic pace than Seth's thread would be great smile.gif

Sure! Nothing like a nice, relaxing fishing trip with a chance of rain and gunfire. I've been writer's blocking about it all day, actually. I decided the interesting boat would be the one from the tug, maybe as the team handling the entire shore-side delivery, but I just can't put a scene together in my head.

As for your coffee shop, my wife works at 7-11. For ten hours a week, you're probably the person they call when somebody needs time off like she is. That means you're working all kinds of kooky hours, usually a long shift, but often a day or so notice. Your hot hours are going to be 5-10 AM every weekday (possibly earlier in an age of sleep regulators), with little surges around lunchtime and 4-6 PM.

Depending on how many bars are in the area and what sort of crowd the shop owner is interested in, there's also a heavy shift from 8 PM - 1 AM. A shop that caters to the evening crowd most likely won't have the morning rush like your normal Java Joint, gotta clean the grinders SOMEtime.
Seth
130 second response time even after getting slagged at the Lucy? Damn, firewatch are FAST. And Hansai must be freaking important.

If you want to call backup, it would help if you were a magical adept with the beaurocracy skill. I thought that was about the fastest they could reasonably get here with helicopters.

@General
Loads to read, so I hope I am up to date at the end of this.
I am starting at the round after Ember/Tempest/Hansai/Copperhead lay the smack down on the Fire Elemental, Dealer knocks one of Beta on its ass, and Demon gets back in the cafe. Pixel has started cracking the encryption on the assault squad's network.

• Everyone except Pixel (who is under a truck) is inside the cafe
  • Dealer is shooting through a hole in the wall
  • Demon has just got to the door way
  • Copperhead has just finished blasting the Fire Elemental
  • Ember's body is under a table, and he has been laying the Astral-Fu upon the Fire Elemental
  • There is 1 Alpha against the wall of the cafe
  • There are 7 Beta's coming towards you, laying down suppressing fire, and advancing in turns.
  • There is a sniper somewhere out there
  • The Fire Elemental is gone, after a very poor showing

Bad guys actions

IP 1:
Alpha waits
The Betas continue to advance. One of them has to get up. Supressing fire is laid on the windows: 3 successes and 2 successes. 5P AP-1

IP 2:
Alpha waits
The Betas continue to advance. Supressing fire is laid on the windows: 2 successes and 3 successes. 5P AP -1

@Aria
Beta will be out of the FAB at the end of the round. I'll apply a minus to their actions for the confusion effect.
I've just realised that the last Alpha member is out the FAB (he is right against the cafe wall)
I don't think there is a line of sight to Pixel, and assenssing is blocked by physical objects. And you are right, no one knows she is a Pixie yet.

@applied cheese
IP 1
The first shot knocked that Beta on his ass. The second landed on his head, and broke the face plate. Looks bad.

IP 2
I'm assuming this is at one you shot at before (Beta 1) and knocked over.
First shot missed (5 successes on reactions)
Second shot hit (nett 2 successes) Beta 1again falls over, and doesn't look as though he will get up

IP 3
Good shot. Beta 4 takes some damage.

@Copperhead
IP 1
your spirit picks up two frag grenades
IP 2
your spirit can head to beta. It needs to fly high in the air (above the FAB) but it will drop its of the grenade now.
Reactions roll from beta: 1 success, and 3 successes.
Soak of first: 5 successes
I'm not sure of the stats of your shotgun. Molly would have recommended the Mossberg AM_CMDT, so I'm using that: 9P(f) AP +5
The beta is hit square in the chest and falls backwards to land on his ass.

@JxJxA
I'm afraid the Beta gets out of the way.

@Ember
Sorry for the confusion, I keep trying to do the summaries to keep track of it all.
The current round is the one after you and tempest with help smashed the Fire Elemental. You have instructed Tempest and summoned watchers this round.
Tempest only gets 2 IPs while manifested so the fear results are 6 and 4.
Sigh: spirits are seriously powerful.

IP 2:
Sniper shot on Tempest 5 successes, 7P AP -7 (she got 5 successes on perception so saw it coming)
Sniper shot on Tempest 6 successes, don't forget the -1 for second defense

IP 3:
Sniper shot on Tempest 4 successes
Sniper shot on Tempest 8 successes

Tempest can tell you the location of the sniper, but I think you are astral at the moment, so cannot tell the others. I suspect that we can say goodbye to poor tempest

@General
It's looking grim for the Beta's. Note to self: attacking a well defended area across a killing ground even with cover is A Bad IdeaTM. I thought that their armor, poor visibility, partial cover, tacnet and suppressing fire would get them through it. Maybe I need a change of plan!
If Tempest has been disrupted, then then Beta 5 and 6 are back to normal again

Can you all IC the results, then we will move to Round 5.

[ Spoiler ]
AppliedCheese
13 + 12d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3178835/

3 hits..must be getting slow and complacent from the ole firing slit.

Init 16, IP 3
Aria
Looks like Tempest might indeed be toast - did I get to tell her to conceal herself? -5 to perception and incoming shots (I believe, could be wrong?!?) Question on full defense for a spirit - couldn't she just cast herself back into the astral if she's getting hammered?!? Let's see if she survives the first incoming shots...

Reaction 9D = 5 hits = DODGE! ork.gif

Defense 2 = 3 hits
Resist damage Bod 3 + 3 armour = 2 hits so I think that's 8 boxes of damage?!? At this point I'm sure Ember will tell her to retreat so probably only one fear has gone off?!? Not enough to dent the tacnet sadly frown.gif
Notsoevildm
@Seth:
Copperhead is actually using an Enfield AS-7, 24 rd drum, modded with a smartlink and foregrip but no recoil comp. Using regular slugs (not shot) so base damage is actually 7P, AP-1 instead of 9P(f), AP+5 but I'll settle for knocking beta on his ass.

IP1 - assuming Copperhead is in full cover scooping up grenades, so no dodge rolls needed.

IP2 - Copper is firing from the door. Not sure if that is being suppressed but here are some rolls just in case. She has good cover (+4 to rolls):
Rea 3 + cover 4 = 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=2 - wouldn't you know it, one success short on each roll.
Resisting 2x 5P, AP-1 damage: 21d6.hits(5)=9, 21d6.hits(5)=9 - can't dodge but can soak. Woops, forgot the AP-1 but doesn't affect the results.

Updated last post to reflect above results!

Init for next round: 7 + 7d6.hits(5)=3 = 10, 2 IPs
Init for air spirit: 9 + 9d6.hits(5)=3 = 12, 2 IPs
JxJxA
@ Seth:

Lol, not worries. At this point, I'm just trying to make them dodge so Dealer has a better crack at them. Demon is a team player. smile.gif
AppliedCheese
@ proxy,

You can play whoever you want. However, you may find that I do not appreciate the finer subtleties of hacking, so a) you need to know them rules back and forward, and b) I might occasionally make mistakes or oversimplify.

@ Suicide Kings

Round 5, IP 1

Well, if Beta 4 is already nicely in my sights, and extra conveniently now prone...negating his +2 running dodge bonus, and hell taking -2 for being prone...(which doesn't make sense...I mean prone targets are HARDER to hit at anything but very short ranges. I guess it reflects less movement?)

I'll use the free action to either make pithy comments about Demon missing, or perhaps to contribute something tactically useful to the conversation. Need to decide on that.

Then its the double tap. 1x Wide, 1x Narrow. Short bursts on Beta 4.

(DP 16 (thank you AR specialization) + Tac 2 + smart 2 - stun 1 - from cover 1 - target partial cover 2) = 16d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3179093/

Burst 1: 5 hits, (-3 burst - 2 prone) = -5 to dodge or -6 if Demon's suppression helps.
Damage : 6P/-5, + net hits

Burst 2: 6 hits, (-1 second attack, -2 prone) = -3 to dodge, -4 if Demon's suppression helps
Damage: 6P/-5, + net hits, +2 DV after armor check
Aria
@AppliedCheese
Not my finest piece of writing but hopefully enough to get stuff underway.

Silk is also a minor hacker but it won't play a big part unless you want it to...

Latest version of Silk: <<here>>

I have some karma and cash to burn and I'll try and get that written in before we go too far...
Zaranthan
@AppliedCheese, I'm On A Boat
A quick note here for a pre-game F4 Physical Mask (3S Drain) to not look like Count Orlok:
Spellcasting & Drain for Physical Mask (8d6.hits(5), 14d6.hits(5)=[5, 4, 5, 6, 2, 6, 4, 6], [2, 6, 5, 5, 2, 6, 4, 1, 2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 6])

Shrugged off the drain, but wasted a hit. Oh well. That's a threshold 4 Intuition+Counterspelling test for anybody who wants to punch through it.

Also, Composure to resist counting ammo. Again. -2 for spell, -2 for already counting the waves. (9d6.hits(5)=4)
JxJxA
New initiative roll:

Ref(5) + Int(3) - Wound(3) = 5d6 for 1 hit.

Demon for Round 4:
Init: 6
IP: 2

I read the post below and realized I got the round numbers all mixed up, but that it is the initiative for the upcoming round. I rolled the same amount of hits, and I am once again a sad panda. :'-(
AppliedCheese
@ I'm on a boat!

@Zaran

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180226/

The general group isn't looking too hard, and any mages on the boat aren't focused on internal threats, so no counterspelling bonii (also, because I don't know if any other mages will be writing themselves in). That said, 2 successes means that Kunk, for a glimmer of a second, thought something seemed not quite right, but nothing you'd mention out loud.

Remind me: physical mask, as a sustained spell, would that leave a big glowy "I'm here" sign in the astral?

Also, let me know if your astrally perceiving.

@ Silk

I'm going to assume a big bad hacker is handling the things like isolating the Henry VIII and spoofing the conversations between them and the port authority if needed, and other major operational hacks. That leaves you with the on the fly tactical hacks.

@General

Climbing the ladders is an extended climbing test to 4 successes, no -1 rule. You can go ahead and roll until you get it - regular glitches add one to the threshold. Critical glitches...we shall see.

Each climb roll requires an infiltration roll to go with it.

Also, Silk's tac net and drone buddies reveal that everything on the deck seems normal. Lots of lashed connexes stacked high, and a few unsuspecting crew checking tie downs and talking to each. At the bow of the ship, it looks like some maintenance drones and crewmen are
trying to figure out why the tow lines won't go taught. No security in sight, but a port authority drone is blatantly watching the whole even from within the Seattle territorial waters.

The bridge is near the stern of the ship, and is where the majority of the matrix traffic is originating from.

The ladders are wherever you want them.

Seth
-5 to perception and incoming shots

The sniper is quite perceptive, but I did roll. However I normally play that once you make yourself obvious (and going "Boo" is very obvious) you negate any stealth rolls.
Concealment is all-powerful, but it doesn't give bonus's to dodging bullets. I treat it as a "Somebody Else's Problem Field". But once they have seen you, they can shoot at you normally

Tempest still took out one of the goons, before retreating.

@AppliedCheese
OK Then I guess the sniper gets a shot at someone else...eeny meeny miny mo: Dealer it's your lucky day.
[ Spoiler ]

@Copperhead
Noted the damage difference. As the die worked out, it make little difference (2 less damage, but the goon had 6 more armor).
IP1: You can have a grenade for each simple action
IP2: The door isn't being suppressed (it's at the side of the building, but you can exit and use the side of the building as partial cover.

@Xarin
OK While the encryption on the tacnet is getting sorted (you can do stuff next round), Pixel is going to the Drunken Drone network:
IP 1:
Simple action: Add Emm386's access ID to the list of people that need to get kicked
Simple action: Perception (6 skill, 6 program, you are in AR ): 3 successes. No sign of EMM386
I'm IC what you see

IP2:
Two more perception rolls looking for EMM386: 6 and 5 successes

IP 3:
Not sure what you want to do, so more looking for EMM386: 7 and 6 successes

Conclusion: He's either not there...or you won't find him.

Summary of this round so far:
Ember: Tempest/Watchers
Copperhead: Got grenade shot Beta3
Dealer: Shot at guards
Demon: Swapped weapons, shot
Pixel: Logged into
Hansai:

[ Spoiler ]
AppliedCheese
Perception to not get shot in the face
(INt 5 + Per 3 + Enhance 3 + Tac 2 - 1 smoke -1 stun) = 11d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180255/

5 hits (I forgot the freaking stun penalty again when I first rolled 12d6. I removed the last die, a hit)

Dealer sees it coming.

Standard dodge (8 Rea + 2 tac)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180256/

1st shot: 3 dodges. Reroll misses with edge http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180257- 3 more hits dodged. Clean sweep
2nd shot: 4 dodges

He completely dodges both.

Now she dies. I'm assuming she's in partial cover, and has a similar Smoke visibility modifier.

She's worth shooting lots at, and dealer will keep firing until she is dead. From the moment she engaged, you can assume he has been trying to kill her.

He will spend his free action "texting" the tacnet with his specific feed so that anytime a shape matching to her current profile to his sensors (thermal, base visual, low light, ultrasound) are noticed by the soft, it will automatically correlate to her and update the team. I'd assume this is a pretty standard tacnet command, it just needs the user to specifically delineate a target. Just in case

(Computer 4 + Logic 6 + Command 3 = 13d6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180282/
5 hits. No more hiding now...

Then its shooting time.

(16 DP + Tac 2 + Smart 2 - partial cover 2 - smoke 1 - stun 1 - from cover 1 - recoil 2)

1st burst long wide 13d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180275/
6P/-5, 4 hits, -6 to dodge.

2nd burst short wide (As above, no recoil) 15d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180280/
6P/-5, 6 hits, (-3 burst, -1 second attack = -4 dodge)

Seth
@AppliedCheese
Well maybe she dies...Demon is a bit in love with her after all

She is 200 yards away in the scrap yard (isn't spirit movement awesome). Good luck catching her
JxJxA
You mean Demon! Lol. nyahnyah.gif

And she's dishing out that much punishment that far away? Demon is TOTALLY in love with her. XD
AppliedCheese
Oh, she still dies. I just applied the long range modifier to the rolls (subtracting 3 dice off the backside of the rolls).

1st Burst: Same effects. 6P/-5, 4 hits, -6 to dodge
2nd Burst: -1 hit for the range. New effects are
6P/-5, 5 hits, -4 to dodge.

Dealer takes DEEP personal offense to those cheating mage Unprintables who are also trying to kill him.

I assume that's 200m away, not yards...otherwise both rolls are the same, as she is in medium range. Must be very thorough in killing prime runner mage-snipers wink.gif

Final note, in case my last post is overlooked on page 25: her profile is now stored, tagged, and open to the public (well, on pixel net)
Seth
Her profile is that of a person in rutherium coated corporate armor with a respirator. Sadly nothing there that's helpful.

Not sure which initiative you are on AppliedCheese, but here are the results:

First attack: Reaction 7, Cover 4, -6 : 2 successes in the dodge. Soak 5 successes. A little scratch ork.gif
Second : As above -1, 2 success in the dodge. Soak: 3 successes. A bit more than a scratch!

She pops a thermal smoke grenade. Perception rolls to spot her at -10 die. Let me know if you get more than 3 successes.

JxJxA
Grr I have Sidlexia pretty obviously.
Aria
Think it's time for a neat trick I've used before...Ember will manifest next to the sniper as a big 'she's here' sign...thermal smoke means bugger all to astral vision...hopefully Dealer can then shoot her some more!

Failing that, Seth, you persuaded me not to spend my water spirit's service on guarding my family...I'm pretty sure I can have a bound spirit and a summoned one on the go at the same time?!?
Zaranthan
@AppliedCheese
The spell is obvious on the astral as a second aura, but its exact nature would require closer, deliberate, inspection. Given the facts that:
1. We're all holding our breath expecting action
2. Anyone who can cast the Combat Sense or Increase Reflexes spells is likely to have done so already
3. I'm only using Masking to hide my infection at the moment, the fact that I'm Awakened is obvious

...so as long as I don't do anything suspicious, I should be okay.

As for my own third eye, I'll take a look at the ship when we're about to get on the ladders, but not before then. I've always considered astral butt-sniffing to be rude.
Seth
@General
I think we have all gone for the round (I think it was round 4)

Situation
Copperhead just out the door, shooting with shotgun at incoming mooks
Dealer and Demon both blasting through holes in the building
Ember astraly projecting

Tempest, wounded but still active
Watcher 4: have been summoned and will be moving to intercept the Beta's this round

Pixel: In the Drunken Drone's network, and in the tacnet (with a user account). Encryption now cracked.

Alpha: 1 person left
Beta: 4 people left
Sniper: popped smoke and not visible at the moment

Initiatives. I am struggling working out which round your initiatives are for, so could you tell me them again:
Copperhead:
Demon:
Dealer:
Ember:
Pixel: 13
Alpha: 9
Beta: 12
Sniper: what sniper?

Bad guy intentions
Alpha 1: Step back, drop a grenade through the window
Betas: One will fire a rifle propelled grenade through the window on IP1 (he's sticking it in now), the others will lay suppressing fire at copperhead, and the two windows. One will cower in terror, and two will stand up then charge. On IP 2, they will be at the door and/or windows, and foaming mad with it. All are currently behind partial cover
Sniper: unknown.

Pixels NPCed intentions. On initiative 13 of IP 1, pixel will crash the bad guys tacnet.

Status
[ Spoiler ]

@General
I though the team would be too tough for you, but maybe I was wrong...
JxJxA
LOL, no worries. Just remember, I'm the lover and he's the fighter biggrin.gif
JxJxA
Oops, I'm at Init 6/IP 2. That sniper bullet hurt.
AppliedCheese
I'm at IP (get shot at) + 1 for actions dealing with the sniper. If referencing round 5, he runs on Init 16, 3 IPs.

Bah. I was hoping that since she is chameleon-ed, carrying a long rifle, and emitting ultrasound, plus moving at the speeds unnatural, that pattern recognition software would be her undoing. Oh well. At least it means no one can use the trick against me. Which is better in the end I think?

I'm fairly sure cover does not add to reaction? I could be horribly wrong, but the GM screen o doom says its a shooter penalty, not a reaction bonus. I factored in -2 for partial cover. In this case, not really an issue but for the future...

Perception
(Int 5 + Per 3 + Enhance 3 + Active Looking (he's staring down the barrel at her and shooting) 3 + Tacnet 2 - 4 GM mod - (6 thermal smoke, negated to -2 by ultrasound) = 10 d6.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180317/

4 hits. Stay in the sights my lovely.
JxJxA
For IP 1:

Simple Action: Long wide burst on the Beta who looks worst for wear (Beta 3 if he/she is still alive):

Ares Alpha info
Short Range: 0-50m
AP: Base(1) + APDS(4)=5
DV: 6P
RC: 5

Agi(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) + TacNet(2) - Wound(3) - Cover(2) = 9d6 for 4 hits. (So -5 to defender's dice pool). My recoil comp makes up for the first -5 penalty.

Free action: Switch to semi-automatic mode

Simple Action: Firing at the Beta who looks the worst for wear (assuming it's a different target)

Agi(6) + Firearms(4) + Smartgun(2) + TacNet(2) - Wound(3) - Cover(2) - Recoil(1) - New target(2) = 6d6 for 1 hit + 0 if same target.

I'll wait to see what people do in IP1 before posting for IP2, but it'll probably be more shooting plus the suggestion to reserve a ride out of this warzone. nyahnyah.gif
AppliedCheese
On the betas: 1 and 2 are dead/unconscious. Dealer killed them in the first two IPs. Depending on when that sniper shot a Dealer and he shot back, beta 4 may be fine though.
Seth
Bah. I was hoping that since she is chameleon-ed, carrying a long rifle, and emitting ultrasound, plus moving at the speeds unnatural, that pattern recognition software would be her undoing. Oh well. At least it means no one can use the trick against me. Which is better in the end I think?

I mostly didn't understand that.

I'm fairly sure cover does not add to reaction? I could be horribly wrong, but the GM screen o doom says its a shooter penalty, not a reaction bonus. I factored in -2 for partial cover. In this case, not really an issue but for the future...

She had full cover, not partial (on top of a pile of junk ), so I gave her a couple of bonus's to cover that. I may have given her 2 die too many. The difference between shooter penalty and defender bonus only really matters for glitches. (there is same mean, slightly higher variance).

@JxJxA
Noted your attack. Lucky for you the tacnet is down.
Dodging 1st: Oh dear. Glitched that dodge roll. Head shot +4 damage. 3 soaks on damage. Say goodbye to Mr Beta 4
Dodging 2nd: sheesh. Not a glitch, but that's all I can say. 6 soaks on damage, and knocked down again.

@Applied Cheese
Perception roll: You saw that she dropped down behind the junk, and broke line of sight. She was obviously hurting, and not moving well. I'll bear that roll in mind when she reappears.

@General
The RPG is coming through the window.
Attacker's roll (without tacnet...as it just crashed). 3 successes
Hansai has missile reflection: 3 successes
That means I have to look up the rules: Well it looks like the defender wins draws. The grenade goes back out the window. !!BANG!!

That's IP 1 done for all but Copperhead / Ember.
Curses my status is rubbish: I didn't note down the dead people. I think 2 Betas have been killed now (dealer and demon killed one each), please correct me If I am wrong.

In IP 2 the drug crazed corporates are coming on through: Alpha 1 and Beta 7 dive in through the windows (1 each) shooting.

Edit: See next post

Current Beta status
[ Spoiler ]
AppliedCheese
Here's what I'm tracking

Alpha 2: Killed by Hansai with some Ronin Yakuza action. Note to self: Teague ousted a Japanese CEO, right?

Beta 1: Killed, Dealer
Beta 2: Killed, Dealer
Beta 3: Shot by Copperhead and Demon. Very much prone. 6S
Beta 4: Killed, Demon
Beta 5: Still hiding behind a car. Smartest Beta out there.
Beta 6: Wondering how the hell his rifle grenade came back out the window. Doing his wondering on his ass. 7S
Beta 7: Diving through the window, defying insurance actuaries everywhere.

Sniper: Bleeding profusely and not staying in place to be killed. Spoilsport. 9P
Emm: Fighting Pixel?
AppliedCheese
@ I'm on a boat!

Its your move. You can basically choose to enter at any point along the hull, IAW the roll guidance given above. Or, if you have another cunning plan, you can do that.
JxJxA
QUOTE (AppliedCheese @ Sep 9 2011, 12:46 AM) *
Beta 3 wa son his ass from copperhead. Demon shot him again. Just in case.

I am a strong proponent of the Double-Tap, even in non-zombie situations. biggrin.gif
AppliedCheese
Well, 4 Betas left. Since Dealer is still shooting through the hole in the wall before beta 7 hurls himself through the window in IP 2, I guess he tries to finish off the prone Betas.

Round 5, IP 2, Init 16

Burst 1:
Beta 6
Short, Narrow
(DP 16 + Tac 2 + Smart 2 - Partial Cover 2 - Stun 1 - From Cover 1, recoil is comped)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180592/
6 hits.
6p/-5, 6 hits, -2 to dodge (prone), +2 DV after armor check.

Burst 2:
Beta 3
Short, Narrow
(As above -2 additional target)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180599/
6 hits
6P/-5, 6 hits, -2 to dodge (prone), +2 DV after armor

Seth
Not a good moment for Betas 3 and 6. Not good at all
Beta 6 critically glitched his "get out of the way" roll (another head shot), and Beta 3 didn't do too good. You obviously hit Beta 3 in a weak point as he got 1 result on his armor soak!

Without the tacnet they are a shadow of their former selfs. Both of those bursts penetrate the armor, and they twitch on the ground, and don't move

[ Spoiler ]
Notsoevildm
@Seth
Copperhead is just inside the door, in good cover.

Copperhead's init : 10, 2 IPs
Air spirit's init : 12, 2 IPs (goes on 10)

IP1: Shooting at Beta 3: Agi 3 + Shotgun 4 + smart 2 (+ tac 2 - cover 2) =9d6.hits(5)=5, 9d6.hits(5)=2 - 7P, -1 AP and stay down!
Air spirit goes after sniper.

IP2: Bad men come through window. Moves to intercept:
Casts F6 death touch (uses edge cause she's really pissed now) = Spellcasting 3 + Magic 3 + Edge 2 =8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=5 - oh boy is she pissed! Oops, minus 1 for mentor and minus 1 hit. Still 4 successes smile.gif
Drain (F6/2)-2) 2P = 8d6.hits(5)=2 - no drain
Seth
Pixel had about a load of news stations being watched. Half of them are watching the view from one drone.

The free press: far more efficient than the Police. Knight Errant are still over 80 seconds away.
Seth
I tell you without the tacnet these guys are just weeds. Another glitched reactions roll on the second shot (sucks when you only have 1 die).

Ouch! Death touch is a powerful and nasty spell. Sheesh another glitch (not critically glitched) against the damage. Instead of 16 soak die, down to 4... The remaining Beta drops as though hit by a pile driver. Hemotoxic rattler venom coursing through his body, necrosis setting it at a rapid rate...very nasty.

@General
Can you all roll vs two 6S shock waves, as the suits of armor explode. Body + Impact armor

[ Spoiler ]
AppliedCheese
Any chance to GTFO of the way of the exploding suits o armor? And, while I shouldn't wish bad things on an employer, any chance hansai soaks up most of of the blast of the first human flashbang? This is the equivalent of being hit by 2x ground zero flashbangs for 4/5 of the team, plus the Mr. J...I'm just looking for a way not to have copperhead carrying us all over her shoulder.

Assuming its a no, here's the soaks:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3180748/

For a grand total of 6 more stun damage, putting dealer at 8S.

Next question: has pixel re-asserted control to the point where the turrets out back are not going to chop us to pieces if we go out that way?
Seth
@AppliedCheese
Everyone gets hit by the shock wave. Even if knocked unconscious a slap around the face (read first aid) will have you conscious very quick.

@General
Well done everyone, I thought that assault squad was going to get you, and I was wrong. I suggest you GTFO using the route that Molly originally suggested. Knight Errant will be here in a minute. Hansai will stay and deal with them. He suggests you go to the warehouse, and he will still try and get Pixel into Allanby's computer, although now he might be delayed a bit!

You probably want to apply some first aid / healing spells etc before you go much further.

Pixel appears to be the master of the matrix. The news feeds go all staticy after about 6 seconds.
AppliedCheese
So...who here just wants to capture and torture Teague, present him as a bound up gift to Hansai, then let KE mysteriously find evedience proving your all innocent? wink.gif
LostProxy
@Applied Cheese

My character is finally ready, would it be alright to drop him in like he was always on the boat with the others?
AppliedCheese
@ proxy
Yep. They haven't even climbed aboard. I assume he was muttering under his breath as you crashed through the somewhat freezing waves. You may also make an INT + Counterspell (4) check if you want to see if you figure out what robert is.

I think on 15 APR he is busy getting Jotamon and crew not shot, so Isaac is probably out for chronological sake. However, if you have another character in play, by all means.
Seth
@AppliedCheese

Introductory post

Siran the Impaler
[ Spoiler ]

Status
[ Spoiler ]

Summoning spirit:
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012