Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
JDragon
Abbandon,

I have not posted IC yet, and think it will take me many hours to try to have something thats not totaly horrid myself.

I have enjoyed all your IC posts so far and think they are fine.

I've only been playing SR for about 9 months, and doing PbP for 3 months or so.

I have been doing RPGS for much, much longer, but this is very different. So don't stress being new, your not the only one.

JD
Ankle Biter
I apologise but my posting rate will slow down slightly fro the next week, as I am visitng family at the moment and my net access is slightly more limited here.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
... perhaps we should all mention what time-zones we are posting from...

Iīm at central european time, GMT +1.

Usually I check the boards between 1000-1300 GMT (IIRC thatīs where our GM is sitting, heh wich makes GMT especially fitting nyahnyah.gif) and late around 2200+ GMT.

Iīll be off tomorrow and the next day, though.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu @ Jul 27 2006, 03:31 AM)
MK Ultra

Don't have another IC post for you right now.  What I want to do is give you a clear idea of how you will likely be spending your time over the next months of game time.  You may have noticed that your start date is a lot earlier than the others.  That is because you will have many extended tests to make with the intervals measured in weeks.

Thats verry cool! Ever since reading the first Megacorps sb, I wanted to do some kind of high stacks corporate game, but I lacked people interested in it, more then in shooting NPCs and looting corps & corpses.

If I understand you correctly, I have to solve the problems one by one (not rolling for each task simultaneously every week) and in the order you posted them, is that correct?

EDIT
How often will Edge be refilled during this time?

EDIT 2
Ok, I just checked and saw that our GM is not in London or even close, as I though he (adamuīs rule applies here) was nyahnyah.gif
adamu
pragma

You detect no indication of tradecraft. You don't see any UCAS covert ops protocols.

He has just a bit of headware. Basically healthy. Emotional state is relaxed and positive. Never seen his signature before as far as you can remember. No sense of stress that might indicate lying.
adamu
Blue Rondo

Okay, gonna need an initiative roll, and a declaration of what you will be doing on your pass, along with your best guess at any rolls you will need and the rolls themselves.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, I'm on Pacific time, Seattle area.

I'm been playing Shadowrun since the 1st edition hit the stands(I still have my 1st edition source book) and have been doing PbP for about a few months now.

You're doing fine it looks like to me. One of the things I like most about this medium for RPG is the 'storytelling' aspect of it. My writing skills all have been shaped by law school so my writing tends to be very passive voice and pedantic, which is what I'm trying to improve. The IC posts have been great so far in my opinion.
adamu
Abbandon
Dude, why are you beating yourself up? There is nothing wrong with your writing. And it's not an English composition class anyway. Just have fun.
Most important is clarity - just as long as others understand what is going on, and as long as you read previous posts carefully and stay consistent with them, we are all good. There have been no problems along those lines so far from you or anyone else.

Moving on -
No more calls that night.
Message from Kyle saying everything is ready, and noting that Los Locos are turning up in force for the match.
You guys didn't make the news.
Go ahead and post IC up to the parking area of the fight place. Ray has a car. You can decide who Danni and Nick ride with.
As I said earlier, the fight club is circus tent in a big empty field close to the line between Fort Lewis (mostly wilderness, forest, few commercialized and residential areas, decent security because of several nearby military bases) and Puyallup (heinous barrens like Redmond).
MK Ultra
Mmm-Kay, Iīll go to bed in a minute and be gone untill saturday night. Just some more quick qestions.

IIUC, NeoNetīs plans are still as secret as can be and wonīt be publicised untill the first implementations in a few weeks (or maybe in one allready). To keep them secret as long as possible, could I postpone the implementation of any sollutions (i.e. implement the first 2 or 3 steps as a package)? If possible, which combinations are ok? Do the implementations eat up as much time as the preparations?

With the Intelligence-Databases at my disposal, I assume, that Iīll have access to all the IC flavor-text from the sr sbs (but not the rules and gm-sections off cause), correct me if Iīm wrong.
These files are all outdated by at least 5 years, so I assume there will be some more recent data in the bases as well. So here are my first few questions.

- Did Johny Spinrad marry Princess Caroline?
- Any other new intel on the anti-Lofwyr alliance or Alamais?
- How is the balance of power inside Ares at the moment?
- Has MCT allready chosen another hot spot for their heavy industries, after they left Tsimshian?
- Did the Corporate Court Judges change since CD (except for CATCoīs Yves Aquilon, which will be replaced by Horrizonīs representative.)
- Did any of the big corpīs branch values in heavy industries change since CD?

Also, Iīd need intell on the persons who are in charge of anti-trust legislation and jurisdiction in the UCAS and CAS.

John will also ask Lanier about NeoNetīs relations to the other big 9 and advice him, to make friends among them (in addition to any manipulations I might come up with) if possible, as mastery of inter-corporate law will only bring us so far up there and it looks like there will be a big voting-block against us in the ZO-G (it really looks like without big trickery, we are allready doomed to fail, as 8 from 13 would seem to have interests against NeoNet mining or NeoNet in general). I will make an IC post about that on sunday.
Abbandon
Ahh i was waiting for you to end the doc wagon scene and set up the fight. I think you will have to tell me ooc if you want me to move things along.
adamu
Abbandon - no problem, that's what I just did. And I do appreciate your not skipping too far ahead on your own.
In the interests of time and efficiency, I am trying to leave as much IC posting as possible in the hands of players.
I think everyone is doing a great job of posting far enough ahead to keep things moving but not so far that I have to rewind anything. So everyone - nice work and thanks for helping make my job easier.
adamu
JDragon
Okay, you take five boxes of stun damage.
Even with your pain resist, that puts you at -1 die on ALL tests.

Your attack on him has no appreciable effect. He is doing a great job of blocking - in game terms, I mean that instead of rolling reaction + dodge, he is rolling reaction + unarmed combat (boxing) <read: block/parry>

Okay - post IC for the first half of round one.

Then initiative and state actions/make rolls for next combat turn.
Forget about that fatigue test I mentioned. You're both pro fighters that know how to effectively maximize your performance.
adamu
Everyone
In response to MK Ultra's query on Edge refreshing - It won't. Not until you are all safe and sound as Seattle shadowrunners. There is nothing fair about this stage of the campaign.
Once we go to a 'regular' SR campaign in Seattle, edge will refresh at normal rates.

MK Ultra

* You do NOT have to solve all the problems in any particular order. Arrange it however you like, work on one for a while and then go back to another, however you want to play it. In fact, finishing some may give bonuses on later ones, depending on how you arrange it.

* The 'implementations' will include quite a variety of things, and you won't know what they are exactly until you solve the respective problems through the extended tests. Most, however, you will be able to decide exactly when you want to do them.

* Fine, as of NOW the deal is secret. But we are talking about a BIG deal here, and it is highly questionable whether you can keep it quiet forever.

* Yes, access to all sourcebook material.

* Okay - I will just decide some of these other questions so you have the data you need to work with, and if they get contradicted in later sourcebooks, we will work it out then.

---Johnny and Caroline still together but wedding delayed for some reason.
---Nothing new on anti-Lofwyr stuff, except that S-K's Mid-East interests have been having trouble - the Caliph died and now his son is trying to be all liberal and progressive and help the people, which has meant reforms not in the interests of S-K/Global Sandstorm.
---MCT moved toxic heavy industry stuff into Central Africa.
---Everything else the same - assume corporate download is current, except where it obviously clashes with major canon developments like end of Catco, rise of NeoNET, etc.
---Note that Horizon's current corp court rep is Sandrene Moskovitz. Former big-time film/trid/sim producer. Note that Horizon's marketing studies have picked up on a groundswell of nostalgia for the grand old days of the USA, both on the part of Americans, and also people from around the world who are seeing the post-WWII Pax Americana as a legendary time of glory and justice compared to the corporate dominated world they now live in.
---The most important people regarding UCAS anti-trust legislation are the Chairs of the House Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee and the Senate Commerce Committee, and the UCAS Attorney General. And their CAS equivalents. You can come up with the names of these six people if you want, and we can handle any searches you do on their backgrounds individually (one at a time please).
---Miles Lanier is way ahead of you on relations with the other nine megas. You can handle that conversation with him IC.
adamu
Abbandon
If you have seen any of the Fast and Furious movies, that is the sort of atmospere I am going for - lots of loud music, guys strutting their machismo, girls showing off their bodies - sort of a carnival of the carnal feeling outside the tent. Lots of betting going on.
But a little more orderly inside - lots of low-tech ork/troll security to keep things from getting out of hand in a way that would force the Star to shut them down.
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu)
JDragon
Okay, you take five boxes of stun damage.
Even with your pain resist, that puts you at -1 die on ALL tests.

Your attack on him has no appreciable effect. He is doing a great job of blocking - in game terms, I mean that instead of rolling reaction + dodge, he is rolling reaction + unarmed combat (boxing) <read: block/parry>

Okay - post IC for the first half of round one.

Then initiative and state actions/make rolls for next combat turn.
Forget about that fatigue test I mentioned. You're both pro fighters that know how to effectively maximize your performance.

Ok, I'll keep the -1 in mind on my rolls.

I'll work up the first half of round 1 as soon as I can.

BTW - I know I have other options as far as my defense is concerned. My goal is to take some of the beating in the first round and then come out swinging big in the second, and hopefully be a bit better at dodging/blocking too.

Just trying to chose the combat options that go along with my history fighting style I developed.

Lets just hope it doesn't lose me the fight, unless thats what supposed to happen. nyahnyah.gif

JD
adamu
JDragon
Wow - not always going with the most efficient combat option in order to emphasize your background is one of the most rare and ultimate roleplaying coolnesses. Hat's off to you.
Guess you caught my hint - didn't mean to offend, just that you mentioned you hadn't been playing SR long....

And whether you are SUPPOSED to lose this fight or not (I'm not telling) you have every right to try and beat me. Eventually I will crush you (bwah ha ha), but the longer you can forestall it, the more karma you'll earn and you may improve your post-event situation. So rock onward.
BlueRondo
Okay, gonna need an initiative roll, and a declaration of what you will be doing on your pass, along with your best guess at any rolls you will need and the rolls themselves.

Initiative Test: Reaction 4 + Intuition 4

6 3 4 4 5 3 1 3 = 2 hits (8 + 2 = 10 Initiative)

In the event that Carla moves first, she RUNS AWAY!

Sprinting test: Running 1 + Strength 2

3 5 2 = 1 hit (Distance = 25 + 2 meters)

Should the corpse(?) act before Carla and tries to attack/grab her, Carla will attempt to dodge the attack and run away.

Defense Test: Reaction 4 + Dodge (-1 for defaulting)

3 2 3 = 0 success

Damage Resistance (if applicable): Body 3

4 1 6 = 1 hit

Sprinting Test: Running 1 + Strength 2

1 2 2 = 0 hits

If the corpse attempts to subdue/grapple Carla, she tries to break free from his grasp.

Strength 2 + Unarmed Combat (-1 for defaulting)

3 = 0 hits

pragma
Summoning a watcher

[ Spoiler ]

Drain resistance

[ Spoiler ]
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu)
JDragon
Wow - not always going with the most efficient combat option in order to emphasize your background is one of the most rare and ultimate roleplaying coolnesses. Hat's off to you.
Guess you caught my hint - didn't mean to offend, just that you mentioned you hadn't been playing SR long....

And whether you are SUPPOSED to lose this fight or not (I'm not telling) you have every right to try and beat me. Eventually I will crush you (bwah ha ha), but the longer you can forestall it, the more karma you'll earn and you may improve your post-event situation. So rock onward.

No offense taken what so ever. nyahnyah.gif

Thanks for looking out for me, and belive me when we hit the Shadows I will not hold anything back and will use all the options I can get.

I have a good grasp of the mechanics, its the story/background side I'm going to be struggling on.

Before I posted that first round of rolls I looked at my options in the book, and decided to go that way so, as i said before the rolls will back up the image I have of this guy.

In round two the gloves will come off and I'll thrwo everything I've got at him.

I hope it doesn't cost me the fight, but we shall see. Thats part of the fun.

BTW will the pain killers reduce the penalty when I take them of just make it take longer to get to the next penalty?

Thanks
JD

Abbandon
Sorry i made my IC post an hour before you posted about the fast and the furious environment and you had already added another post.

I guess im ready to fight or something. Is this gonna work like a normal fight or are there any special rules or anything? You wanna do all the rolls and post the whole fight at once or what ?

awaiting instructions.
Konsaki
Damn, we have some good RPers here. Seeing the quality of my peers, I hope I can rise to your guy's level. biggrin.gif
JDragon
Angus - Round 1 / Part 2

Addiction Test - Physical
Will (2) + Body (8) - 4 dice due to addiction -1 due to damage = 5 dice
1, 6, 5, 5, 6 = 4 hits

Initiative:
Reaction (6) + Intuition (3) - 1 due to damage / 2 (Comabt Paralysis)= 4 dice
1, 4, 2, 5 = 1 hit

Initiative = 9

I will continue to do the dodge for the first two Init Passes and take a swing on the third.

Defense Action 1: (Full Dodge-melee) Reaction (6) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) - 1 due to damage = 13 dice
1, 1, 3, 5, 6, 3, 4, 3, 6, 6, 4, 5, 6 = 6 hits

Defense Action 2: (Full Dodge-melee) Reaction (6) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) + Dodge (SP Melee) (4) - 1 due to damage = 13 dice
2, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6, 1, 3, 4, 6, 3, 5, 6 = 6 hits

Attack: (Unarmed Boxing - ) Agility (4) + Unarmed (Boxing SP) 10 - 1 due to damage = 13 dice
3, 4, 6, 2, 6, 1, 2, 6, 5, 1, 1, 2, 4 = 4 hits

Just to double check if I hit I should be doing 4 boxes of damage plus my net hits.
(this is to keep things in line with everything else I'm not using the Critical Strike yet. I'll come out full bore next round)

If he hits me I'm going to do the damage rolls now, as I will not be using the last point of Edge for this round of combat.

Damge Rolls:

Incoming Attack # 1 - Armor (1 Natural) + Body (8) -1 due to damage = 8 Dice
5, 6, 5, 6, 2, 5, 2, 4 = 5 hits

Incoming Attack # 2 - Armor (1 Natural) + Body (8) -1 due to damage = 8 Dice
2, 5, 5, 6, 5, 4, 1, 2 = 4 hits

I will not be taking the pain killers this round of combat.

That should cover everything on my end you need to finish the first round of the fight.

Let me know if I missed anything or got a number wrong.

JD

And belive it or not I'm really not trying to throw this fight, just trying to play my character.
JDragon
QUOTE (Konsaki)
Damn, we have some good RPers here. Seeing the quality of my peers, I hope I can rise to your guy's level. biggrin.gif

Thats why I'm here. grinbig.gif

That and to win a boxing match.

Can't wait to see how Warren's fight goes.

Adamu,

I'll get a character description up here soon, just in case I can't work it in to my IC posts, and if I do, then I'll have done it twice. cool.gif

JD
adamu
Everyone

Okay - Third wave up. Have fun.
Later today will be the first PMs on karma. Next week's will include everyone - I have really tried to minimize the inevitable discrepancy.

I am having a great time doing this, and I hope others are as well.

I want people to know that I am committed to this campaign and will NOT be flaking out or disappearing.
That said, this initial stage handling twelve separate stories is taking a freaking LOT of time. It is cutting into RL in a major way.
But there's no problem a determined mind can't solve.
I mentioned earlier I am going to put as much IC posting as I can on you guys. From the outstanding posting quality I have seen so far, that will be no problem.

Also, I will likely be making it a basic goal to respond to everything in one wave per day. I mean, Monday I might respond to everything on First Wave, then do Second Wave on Tuesday, and so on.
As you may have noticed by now, I tend to set conservative goals. I very much hope to do more than that per day, but that is the minimum you can generally expect.

Oh, and I never post on Sunday.
adamu
pragma

Okay - the rest of the time at the museum and the whole afternoon are uneventful. Your watcher comes back and tells you that Stan spent some time with his two kids at the museum and then took them to TGIF. He was under no spells at all.
Tim gets back to you and says he can come over at eight, but can only stay an hour or so to eat, then has to get back to "something we're busy with."

Please IC post anything you do or don't want to do up until his arrival, the dinner, and start your conversation with him.
adamu
Abbandon

Dude, we will play your fight exactly the way we are with JDragon.
As you specified, these rounds are five minutes, but we will still split them into two combat turns each. But there are no ties and no limits - the fight will go until one guy can't fight anymore.
Note that you are in the no-combat cyber/no-magic category, so you can expect that George won't have those.
Of course you won't have to worry about an addiction test, and as I told JDragon, I am simplifying out the stamina test.

So it's up to you now to roll initiative, state actions in game terms and otherwise, and make the rolls you think you will need.
adamu
Ankle Biter

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
JDragon

As soon as you take the pain killers, your pain resistance will immediately jump from your normal two up to seven, i.e. you will immediately be ignoring the last seven boxes of damage before calculating your wound modifier.

Okay - on his first pass he tags you again. After your damage resist you take one more box of stun damage - so your total is now six boxes.

His next pass doesn't damage you.

And you don't get any net hits on him on your attack.

I'm going post IC for the second half of the round. Go ahead and post IC for the corner, and then get back to me here OOC for your actions in the first half of round two.
adamu
Everyone

First karma awards are out.

Please justify/clear all expenditures to me by PM.
pragma
Just struck me, Should I, out of character or in, recognize IUM or NIJ? Neither acronym rings a bell with me.
Abbandon
You sound mad i asked but you never told me my fights would work like Jdragons.

Round 1 turn 1
-initiative:
Reaction 5 + intuition 4 = 9 dice
4,6,1,2,6,5,3,1,2 = 3 hits
initiative = 12 (9+3)

-warren's attack turn: only 1 IP
I'll throw a simple jab cross combo (complex action)
agility 4+ unarmed combat 5 + striking 2 = 11 dice
4,5,3,2,6,1,2,6,6,2,5 = 5 hits
Damage= 9S (4s base +5 hits)

-opponents attack turn/ my defense and soak rolls.
defense= reaction 5 + unarmed combat 5 = 10 dice
2,6,6,6,4,4,6,2,2,1 = 4 hits

soak= body 6 +troll skin 1 impact = 7 dice
1,5,5,2,2,6,4 = 3 hits

When you say describe your attack do you mean say if its a called shot/submission attack or something or do you want us to actually give examples like a flying kick or jab jab cross

I don't see anywhere where you have talked about the stamina tests? Although i doubt my fight will last that long hehe.

Do you just want my guys attack and george's defense as part of my IC post or do you wanna give me george's fleshed out attack here OOC and i will post it along with mine to cover the whole round 1 turn 1 IC??
JDragon
Angus - Round 2 / Part 1

Addiction Test - Physical
Will (2) + Body (cool.gif - 4 dice due to addiction -1 due to damage = 5 dice
5, 5, 2, 3, 1 = 2 hits

Initiative:
Reaction (6) + Intuition (3) - 1 due to damage = 8 dice
6, 1, 4, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6 = 6 hits

Initiative = 15

Ok, time to get serious. Angus will come out swinging with everything hes got.

1st Pass - Attack: Unarmed Boxing (using Critical Strike) - Agility (4) + Unarmed (Boxing SP) 10 - 1 due to damage = 13 dice
5, 3, 6, 2, 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 4, 4, 5 = 4 hits

I will use my second Edge point on this attack to re roll the misses. = 9 dice
3, 2, 2, 3, 6, 2, 6, 2, 5 = 3 hits - 7 Hits total

2nd Pass - Attack Unarmed Boxing (using Critical Strike) - Agility (4) + Unarmed (Boxing SP) 10 - 1 due to damage = 13 dice
5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 1, 4, 1, 6, 4, 6, 5, 1 = 6 hits

3rd Pass - Attack Unarmed Boxing (using Critical Strike) - Agility (4) + Unarmed (Boxing SP) 10 - 1 due to damage = 13 dice
6, 2, 4, 6, 3, 6, 1, 4, 5, 4, 5, 3, 6 = 6 hits

Damage: 4+4 for Critical Strike + Net Hits.

Defense Rolls (Block)
Roll # 1 - Reaction (6) + Unarmed(Boxing Sp) (10) - 1 due to damage = 15 dice
1, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 6, 3 = 1 hit - Damn

Roll # 2 - Reaction (6) + Unarmed(Boxing Sp) (10) - 1 due to damage = 15 dice
5, 1, 2, 1, 6, 4, 5, 1, 6, 1, 1, 2, 1, 4, 5 = 5 hits

Roll # 3 - Reaction (6) + Unarmed(Boxing Sp) (10) - 1 due to damage = 15 dice
5, 1, 3, 2, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6 = 4 hits

Damage Soak Rolls
Incoming Attack # 1 - Armor (1 Natural) + Body (cool.gif -1 due to damage = 8 Dice
5, 1, 5, 6, 6, 1, 3, 4 = 4 hits

Incoming Attack # 2 - Armor (1 Natural) + Body (cool.gif -1 due to damage = 8 Dice
3, 6, 2, 4, 1, 5, 4, 4 = 2 hits

Incoming Attack # 3 - Armor (1 Natural) + Body (cool.gif -1 due to damage = 8 Dice
1, 2, 4, 6, 3, 4, 5, 5 = 3 hits

IF Angus takes any more damage he will take his pain killers as the pain and addiction take control.

Let mwe know if I missed anything.
Konsaki
Hope that is a good opening post. Hope that conversation was good enough in your eye to avert Mark thinking Caittie is insain. biggrin.gif

Here is a diceroll to try and repair the commlink.

CODE
Hardware + Logic + PK: Electronic Repair = 9 dice
6,6,3,5,4,4,3,1,5 = 4 hits

adamu
Konsaki
Why is everyone so stressed about their post quality. That was great, as has been everyone else's.
You fix the commlink in, like, ten minutes. Your plan now is to go meet Alex and Lisa at DDR. Chatting up Beth and helping her open the place keeps you on her good side so she keeps letting you guys in.
If you could do a quick post to that point, I will make a subsequent IC post for what happens while you are there.
adamu
pragma
IUM = Islamic Unity Movement
NIJ = New Islamic Jihad

There is a lot of canon material on these two groups, including in Loose Alliances and Shadows of Asia. The most recent stuff is in System Failure, but that is in 2064.
If you don't have those books, the very short version is that the IUM is more moderate and all about, you guessed, Islamic Unity. NIJ also is pretty much how it sounds - they like to blow things up.
In MY world of 2070, the corp-friendly Caliph that ran IUM has died and his son is a real idealist - wants to continue to unite Muslims, but through progressive, liberal forms of Islam. He is also much less corp friendly.
CIA has splinter groups of IUM as the most likely people behind your current threat, based on intel they have gotten. But a layman's money would be on NIJ, as they are the real terror types.
adamu
Blue Rondo
Shedim aren't in the big 4th ed book. They are a type of spirit that goes around inhabiting and animating corpses. They have variable powers, levels of intelligence, and motivations. Nobody really understands them, except that they exist, and that they are not nice. Most medical facilities have strong countermeasures, but basically it's like the dwarf described.
Carla would probably be surprised to encounter one, because the hospitals act publicly like they are hardly a problem. But once she knows that's what it was, she will certainly know as much as I just wrote, which is about as much as anyone knows.

By the way, just because I am anal -
It was established that your shift started at 10, and here we have you there working by 8:30. Let's leave it and just assume she was eager to get out of the house.
adamu
Abbandon

Dude - I am NOT mad. Anytime you think I am mad, just assume I am not. I really should use those smiley things sometimes, but A) I'm not sure I know how, and B) they are just not my personal style.
NOT mad.

It appears to Warren that George is probably a real badass on the streets, but no match for you. You spend the entire first half of the round tagging him, and he doesn't touch you. He keeps swinging, coming in as hard as he can, but never tags you once. By the halfway point in the round, you have hit him for seven boxes of stun. The crowd should be going wild in your favor.

When I ask you to describe your actions, I obviously mean first and foremost in game terms - anything from the rules. On top of that, some people add more detail/strategy or whatever, both to help me with the IC post or to try to wheedle extra dice (not impossible, though difficult).

For your IC post of the first half of the round, which you can make now, please describe anything and everything that happens in that 2.5 minutes that you care to include in your story now that we have determined the game terms results.

Forget about the stamina tests - I decided to drop them for these two scenes.
adamu
JDragon
first pass you go first and tag him for six boxes, but he comes back and, no surprise given your terrible defense roll, tags you despite his terrible roll (only two hits). So you take two more boxes to eight total.
Per your instructions, you then took the pills. That eliminated all your damage mods and I rolled the extra dice for you, but no hits.
Next pass neither of you hit each other, but in your third pass you nailed him for another six boxes and he's down for the count.
Congrats, Champ.
BlueRondo
Shedim aren't in the big 4th ed book. They are a type of spirit that goes around inhabiting and animating corpses. They have variable powers, levels of intelligence, and motivations. Nobody really understands them, except that they exist, and that they are not nice. Most medical facilities have strong countermeasures, but basically it's like the dwarf described...

I figured it was some sort of ghoul, zombie, or something like that, but since I only have the 4th edition book, I don't know all the specific names SR uses for its creatures. Thanks for filling me in.

By the way, just because I am anal -
It was established that your shift started at 10, and here we have you there working by 8:30. Let's leave it and just assume she was eager to get out of the house.

Oops, good catch. Your suggestion sounds like a fine idea. Maybe I'll have Carla stop for dinner or something after she talks with the Dean (assuming she's still alive.)
adamu
Vegas
Not ignoring your last IC post - just seems like it's in MJ's court.
Vegas
Adamu

No problem, I figured he'd be up next wink.gif
MK Ultra
Hi, Iīm back earlyer then I thought. I have not compleatly cought up with 1st and 3rd wave IC yet, but everything I read untill now was great stuff, just so everyone knows, since some asked for feedback.

QUOTE (adamu)

---Miles Lanier is way ahead of you on relations with the other nine megas.  You can handle that conversation with him IC.

I thought so, off cause, I just wanted to mention it, so you know in advance, that Iīll want to talk about it to him. I plan on putting up my next IC tonight.

BTW when I put up my first IC I was under the impression, that the deal was allready sattled and all work done, thus some of my post might not fit the situation perfectly. Specifically I thinking of the 'new clients' and the comment about Chalmers to Lanier. The clientīs are no problem, as this comment can be understood as people who will have work for RFS after the NeoNet deal, and the comment on Chalmers, well it might not serve the purpose it was intended for, but still wonīt hurt either, I think. Just so you know, if these things sound odd.
JDragon
Adamu

I'll work up the rest of the fight from Angus's perspective during the day today and try to get it posted during my lunch break.

BTW - Thanks, I was hoping I would make it through the fight with out the pain meds, but wanted to get the win.

JD
BlackHat
I am not sure if rolls are necessary, but I'll include them anyways. These are without any social modifications, sicne I am not sure which ones might apply.

Charisma+Ettiquete to sort of appeal to this subculture and to try to put the dwarf at ease:
(to fit in) Dice: [6] [3] [6] [2] [3] [2] [1] [6] = 3 hits
(to calm dwarf) Dice: [3] [1] [5] [4] [5] [6] [3] [6] = 4 hits

Charisma+Leadership to convince either the dwarf or Cal that starting a fundraiser is a good idea:
(vs. Dwarf) Dice: [5] [2] [4] [4] [6] [4] [2] [6] = 3 hits
(vs. Cal) Dice: [3] [3] [4] [4] [4] [1] [2] [5] = 1 hit
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
Everyone - I know that in a lot of threads this waits until the characters actually meet each other, but that is not going to happen for a good while here, so --- could we have physical descriptions please.  I know what most of you look like, and you know, but the other players are forming their own mental images which will create all sorts of conflict in their imagination and everyone's mutual perception when the actual descriptions finally do get posted.

Adam Lear's description:

Adam was born with naturally good looks. Like most things in his life, he didn't have to work for that. Most people who look at him agree that he could probably be a model (and, indeed, he did some modeling when he was growing up), but he also exudes an aura of self-confidance that seems to draw people to him. He's popular, and charismatic, and has always been the type of guy that other people admire.

His demeanor tends to be light-hearted, and he has trouble taking anything too seriously. He doesn't possess any cyberware (visable or otherwise). He tends to dress casually, like a lot of college students, and can pull off that sort of look, even when the occation might call for more formal attire. When he does dress-up, though, he looks damn good.

As for a picture, I'll use this guy's headshot. Its some model-type guy who I don't know, personally, but I think he fits the image I have in my mind. I hope this guy doesn't mind, but since he'll probably never know..
Abbandon
Adamu

Round 1 turn 2:

initiative: Reaction 5 + intuition 4 = 9 dice
3,6,2,4,2,1,1,4,3 = 1 hit
final intiative = 10 (9+1)

Warrens 1 IP: subdue attack
Agility 4 +unarmed 5= 9 dice
6,1,1,6,2,1,3,5,6 = 4 hits
subdue check: Strength 8 + net hits 4 vs opponents body _. pg152

Warrens's defense:
Reaction 5 + Unarmed 5= 10 dice
3,6,3,6,2,4,1,6,5,2 =4 hits

soak roll:
Body 6 + 1 troll skin = 7 dice
5,5,6,5,6,4,4 = 5 hits

Questions & comments:
#1. the subdue rules kinda contradict themselves. on pg152. First it says consider the target to be prone against any attacks made against the person being subdued. And then it says that one of the actions you can take while trying to maintain the hold is to knock the guy down?? Whats your ruling?

#2. If you are making this second turn's IC post then you can roleplay warrens actions as knocking the guy to the ground and them spending most of the time just manuevering trying to apply submissions to each other and punching ineffectively since no damage is being dealt for his attacks. Usually the guys end up in a missionary sex position with each other called the gaurd. Its where the guy on top has his hips below the hips and legs of the guy on bottom which makes the guy on top be pretty much nuetralized. There is half gaurd where the guy on top has one of the legs of the guy on bottom trapped between his two legs. This makes it easier to attack the guy on bottom but he can still wiggle around and they usually regain full gaurd pretty easy. Then there is the full mount. This is where the guy on top is sitting on the stomach of theguy on bottom. The guy on top has effectively only has to deal with the guys upper half and its easy to trap one of his arms with your knees. The guy on top can go all out because its very easy to bypass any defense the guy on the bottom trys to put up. It is hard to control though and the guy on bottom usually knocks the guy on top off balance and they usually end up back on there feet or back into gaurd. What also happens is the guy on bottom cant get away from the punches so he trys to turn over onto his stomach so he stops getting punched in the face lol, this gives the guy on top the perfect chance to sink in a rear naked choke hold and is usually what happens once a guy is mounted. Although sometimes the guy on top jumps up and repositions themselves to give the guy on bottom an armbar.

Depending on how intelligent the crowd is the moron beer drinkers usually find grappling boring as it just looks like two guys laying on top of each other not really landing any punchs. If you know how deadly grappling is it is pretty exciting though as one slip up and you can be submitted.

That was just for referense material for your IC post hehe. Check out ufc.com and i think they will have some pictures from real fights.

pragma
Summoning a force 5 spirit of man with optional power of innate spell: control emotions.
[ Spoiler ]

This will be put on standby assuming it is summoned

Drain Resistance:
[ Spoiler ]
JDragon
My post is going to take a little longer than I thought.

I was trying to do it this evening but as I was trying to run the spell check my browser locked up and I lost everything, and well I just don't have the energy to retype it tonight, I'll see about getting it done tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay.

JD
Mister Juan
Adamu
If you want to push it along, go ahead. I'll be crazy busy until late monday sarcastic.gif
pragma
Also, checking any CIA databases which are available offsite and racking his brain for people who he's captured, tortured or killed that meet any or all of the following criteria:
  • Italian
  • Members of a secret society
  • Overly fond of wine
  • Someone close to me whom I had put away or given reason to hate me.
  • Especially someone I'd imprisioned, or otherwise buried beneath the earth.
  • Tied to IUM (or even NIJ)
(Just grasping at story elements.) Memory Test:
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012