Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 6 2009, 04:33 PM) *
So, do we have a time and place where we're all supposed to meet up?
I know it was planned that we'd do a "bump" in the future, so as to get back on track with everything, so I mainly want to know how much time Conall has to kill, so I can start writing my filler fluff post.

Also, does anyone know what Vegas' status is?

MJ - looking at the time stamps, it seems you have about 18 hours to kill between picking up the weapons and meeting up with Frank & Jack.

BR - after that point in time, you should be able to jump straight to the pick-up from Don Ricardo.

As for the dear departed Vegas - you all know what I know - she reappeared and said she was back, but then she wasn't. I should e-mail her (or you can, MJ; or both). For now, you should probably feel free to incorporate her into your time-killing fluff as though she were an NPC again.
Vegas
Hey guys.

I was back, or intended to be back and life and the holidays hit with a vengance. I'm sorry about that if I've held anyone up from moving forward. I've been working up bits and pieces of a post in my head for MONTHS, I just need to make time to post it up. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

MJ - I'll try to touch base with you about where my head is with Etain so if you want to add any of it into your time-kill post you can.

Again, sorry for the delayed and far too lengthly disappearance.
adamu
Well girl, it was almost worth you re-disappearing so I can re-be happy! You are most welcome here.
MK Ultra
In deed love.gif
Vegas
I shot a quick PM to MJ, hopefully he and I can get our stories straight and I can write up my post tonight/tomorrow depending on how late my appt. goes tonight.

Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms guys, it's appreciated and makes a girl feel good smile.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 7 2009, 05:15 PM) *
I shot a quick PM to MJ, hopefully he and I can get our stories straight and I can write up my post tonight/tomorrow depending on how late my appt. goes tonight.

Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms guys, it's appreciated and makes a girl feel good smile.gif

There are no words I can write that would describe how happy and gibby I feel right now wink.gif

Anyways, I've got a big photography project I need to get done by friday... so I might be a little out of the loop for the next two days. I'll try to set aside some time tomorrow to answer your PM in great detail wink.gif
BlueRondo
Adamu, does Carla find Belinda's name in the patient log? If not, she will ask the nuns working at the clinic if they know who Belinda is.

And hooray for Vegas's return!
Jack Robustus
Even as the newbie, I am most happy to have you back Vegas ork.gif
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Jan 8 2009, 08:34 AM) *
Adamu, does Carla find Belinda's name in the patient log? If not, she will ask the nuns working at the clinic if they know who Belinda is.

And hooray for Vegas's return!

Az noted earlier, Carla has a pretty good idea who the girl is. If she's not in the log, one of the sisters can point you to where she lives. She is not hard to find.
BlueRondo
Just to be clear, I am assuming Carla can buy 1 hit on a Spanish test for short, simple conversations with NPC's (like the one in my last post.) I'll post a Spanish test as soon as Carla engages in a more elaborate discussion (or, of course, if you ask me for a test.)
Vegas
Hey guys, sorry for the continued delay of my post. Still waiting to coordinate with MJ so we can get the twins hooked back into the rest of the team.

Can you guys refresh my memory on a few things please?

1) The Los Locos Basement is approx how far from both the Church and Carla's (aka the Twins') Appartment?

2) What time is everyone meeting back up again post gear-pick up and what not?

Thanks! Hope to get this up ASAP after talking to MJ and getting those questions answered. If worse comes to worse and I feel overly inspired to put words to thoughts, I'll at least get a good chunk of my end posted tomorrow, health willing smile.gif
MK Ultra
IIRC, the bario isn´t that big and all the places are no more then 5, maybe 10 minutes apart by foot. I´m not sure, we had a set time established for the meeting, but it was something like 1300 if I´m not mistaken.
adamu
BR - per the rules, in non-stressful situations such as this, you can always assume one success per four dice in your pool. I very much doubt anything will be said in the current conversation that will challenge you.

Vegas - yeah, the barrio is only a few blocks wide, though quite densely populated.

I think once BR finishes the current errand the plan is to let time pass till the gear pick-up, which can be pretty much anytime during this day.
Mister Juan
Alright! I am back, and up to speed.

@Vegas
Totaly agree with what you sent me PM wise. I'll start to write up something tonight, email it to you (still go the same gmail account, right?) and you can add, change, fill, etc...
Sounds good?
Mister Juan
Just so I know where we stand: what Carla picked up was only the guns she had asked Chu, right? Or was it the rest of the gear?
MK Ultra
AFAIK, that is correct.
Vegas
Wow, been so long I managed to post this in the wrong thread nyahnyah.gif

Post is ALMOST done guys. Seriously I WILL have it up today. Sorry for the long delay, I'm just hyper-critical of what I'm trying to say/write/whatever and editing over and over and over nyahnyah.gif Plus it's hard to try to post up something worthwhile to cover the time span as well.

Hee, on the other hand, it is fun to write posts again. biggrin.gif

Needless to say, it's been corrected and a full post is FINALLY up wink.gif
Jack Robustus
Vegas that was a great IC post. ork.gif
Vegas
Heh, thanks Jack biggrin.gif
BlueRondo
Hooray for character development!
Mister Juan
Sorry for the lack of posts! I was my birthday this weekend, so I was rather busy with that wink.gif
Jack Robustus
Well Happy Birthday MJ. I'd send you a cake or something, but I don't think I can fit it through my phone line. biggrin.gif ork.gif
adamu
Hey - sorry about only one bump last week. I am bummed enough to be down to two a week, but that has got to be a MINIMUM. Unfortunately, my Internet connection died inexplicably (well - there is an explanation - I live in England) for several days, so there you have it.
I will catch things up - I HOPE within this evening.
adamu
BlueRondo - I honestly cannot remember if Belinda expected the package from Frank or not. MK - any help?

But in any case - just tossing single sentences back and forth will take too long for this very non-crucial scene. Not trying to rush you - if there is any sort of information you are looking for here, or anything you want to get done, let me know and we will get through the pleasantries and into the meat of the meeting.

If you really just want to deliver the shirt, you can feel free to just finish the scene yourself.
MK Ultra
Had to check my archive, to be sure, but as I though, the present to Belinda has not been announced, so she probably doesn´t expect it. Put together the latest bits concerning the package and her, so you may judge her reaction. Also note, added the message to Carla for ease of reference, which mentions one reason for the package, though that´s obviously not the original reason. The gift is wraped in simple package paper and contains a signed t-shirt from the convention, two tickets for the Seattle Center and a printed note.

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Sorry to hold things up; Carla's question was only meant to be small-talk. I'll wrap up the scene and move on.

EDIT: Carla arrives at the basement hideout with the equipment in tow (she'll make multiple trips if she can't carry it all at once.) She'll ask Krait or anyone else to tell her whatever new information has been learned since their last meeting.
adamu
Okay - so here's what has to happen -
1. we need to get the twins up to the rest of the group - MJ and Vegas are doing some really beautiful posts lately. At the same time, especially given MJ's tendency to be active in spurts, I would encourage them to get up with the timeline within a RL week at most. If necessary - a sleeping post would be fine - you can always get into more angst once everyone is caught up.
2. Krait needs to report his findings to the team.
3. Once that is done, we can move ahead to the next gear delivery.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 22 2009, 09:11 AM) *
Okay - so here's what has to happen -
1. we need to get the twins up to the rest of the group - MJ and Vegas are doing some really beautiful posts lately. At the same time, especially given MJ's tendency to be active in spurts, I would encourage them to get up with the timeline within a RL week at most. If necessary - a sleeping post would be fine - you can always get into more angst once everyone is caught up.
2. Krait needs to report his findings to the team.
3. Once that is done, we can move ahead to the next gear delivery.

True true true. My spurting might make things drag on nyahnyah.gif
Anyways, I as soon as I get something from Vegas, I'll wrap up the scene and push us to the basement.
Vegas
I'm perfectly happy with a "Etain passes back out, oblivious to what is eating at her brother while he watches over her" or whatever post that gets us through the rest of the night and up to the morning where things are "tense" and whatever allowing the twins to hook back up and into the rest of the group.

I don't want to hold anyone up anymore than I have.. my post was basically just a way to jump in with both feet and get back to posting and cover up why Etain had been MIA from all the goings on. As much as I love the character development and the like between the twins, it's not fair to make everyone else wait just for semi-fluff. Besides, the two of them can be angsty "teens" while the team is together anyway... makes for more interesting gaming wink.gif
BlueRondo
I like the character development too. Instead of rushing the scene between Etain and Conall, how about you guys append your plot-moving posts with "flashbacks" to Etain and Conall's conversation?
MK Ultra
I was about to suggest the same.

An IC of mine is in the making, but I didn´t finish it last night, so it has to wait till tonight.

Only thing of consequence will probably be that I´ll send a message to Carla, to relay Jack´s need for some clothing.
adamu
Well - MK has pointed out that my last post was in error - looks like BR already posted receiving a delivery from Don Ricardo. That speeds things up - good!

Once you get to the basement and open them, you will find that the bags contain everything on both wish-lists (OOC posts 3730 and 3764) EXCEPT - the van, the magical lodge, and two of the spell formulae - Lightning Bolt and Gecko Crawl. However, arriving at the hideout, the van is parked out front, and the lodge materials are in the back. The passcodes for the van are also in the duffels. So the only thing not received are the two spells.

Clearly the duffels will not be a load Carla can handle in one trip on her own.

BR - once you enter the basement, you'll get a text from the Don, which I'd appreciate your including in your IC post.

<<This has obviously developed into much more than a simple manhunt, and a laborer is worthy of his hire. As I suggested earlier, you would do well to be sure your henchmen know that this delivery constitutes payment in full for the remainder of this mission - a mission that should be seen to its end, for I am not a man to shortchange. But in the end, how you deal with them is up to you.>>

This, along with points 1 and 2 of the above list, should keep you guys posting for a while.
MK Ultra
Are the weapons the exact models I asked for (Protector Taser, Beretta SMG and Élan Hold-Out) or some other guns? Also, how much ammo (Taser Darts, Gel, Pepper-Punch-Capsule and Regular - I thing case-less is the norm, but I didn´t specify, so it´s up to you what the guns load) have been provided? (Ammo capacity is 3m for the Protector, 5c for the Élan and 35c for the M70).

Next IC from me will contain a compilation of the data I have found in the mean-time (probably including old stuff as well, for ease of reference).

Oh, some rolls for the scanners with Hardware+Rating: 4 & 5 hits for Radio-Signal and Non-Linear-Junction-Detector, to find Bugs and RFIDs.

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
@Vegas
Are you going to post or should I wrap up the scene?
Vegas
@MJ

If you have the time to wrap it up and move us forward by all means please go for it smile.gif I just got dumped on with meetings and appointments and classes for the next couple of days on top of getting over the crud that's going around so I'm tied up with little "down time" for the next couple of days. Things should *crosses fingers* clear up by Wed.

I suppose the twins can just be tense in the morning when Etain comes around, cleaning up with out talking and whatnot till Conall gets the call to meet back up at the hideout to pick up gear and go from there. I know you'll do a bang-up job writing something smile.gif

Thanks!
JDragon
opps, wrong thread. nyahnyah.gif

hows everything going over here these days?

JD
Mister Juan
WHAT?! YOU AREN'T READING OUR THREAD ON A DAILY BASIS?!!!!!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!

So.... did you kill that mobster guy nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
Well, there goes my shortest post on dumpshock ever wink.gif

Now, let's rock.
adamu
MK - everything precisely as requested. All weapons have enough ammo for three full load-outs, with clips where appropriate, all caseless unless contraindicated by weapon-type. Special ammos all each come with enough for three loads of the weapon they are for.

MJ - Yes, they killed the mobster.
MK Ultra
Other stuff to wrap up, so the info-collection has to wait for now.

EDIT: Yay for capsaicine-containing-caseless-capsule-clips and Yay for murdered mobster smile.gif)
JDragon
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 26 2009, 12:46 PM) *
WHAT?! YOU AREN'T READING OUR THREAD ON A DAILY BASIS?!!!!!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!

So.... did you kill that mobster guy nyahnyah.gif

As Adamu already mentioned we did kill the mobster.

And actually I / "Rocky" got the killing shot with his Warhawk, 2 to skull. smile.gif

Just about got himself killed right after, had to perm burn an Edge point to survive that one. But it sure was fun.

JD
Mister Juan
QUOTE (JDragon @ Jan 27 2009, 07:06 PM) *
As Adamu already mentioned we did kill the mobster.

And actually I / "Rocky" got the killing shot with his Warhawk, 2 to skull. smile.gif

Just about got himself killed right after, had to perm burn an Edge point to survive that one. But it sure was fun.

JD

Actually, I was just trying to be an asshole wink.gif I'm always reading up on what you guys are up two, hoping and wishing for that cross over nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Well - I'm sick like a dog - so the latest activity here is PERFECT - lots of good posts, but nothing I have to do! Rock onward!
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 27 2009, 09:09 PM) *
I'm always reading up on what you guys are up two, hoping and wishing for that cross over nyahnyah.gif

Such diligence will only add to your enjoyment when the fateful day comes. But this IS a forum game, so who can say how long the wait will be? But you are young....
MK Ultra
For time untold, we have waited for the day, when the prophecy would fullfill and the two forum-games sprung from the same thread would finaly be one again. The PCs handed down from one generation to the next, from days when people still walked planet earth, have gone through many adventures in over 2 years of IC time! Now they will meet their final destiny...

Planing an IC with info-update tonight!
BlueRondo
Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 29 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Such diligence will only add to your enjoyment when the fateful day comes. But this IS a forum game, so who can say how long the wait will be? But you are young....

Speaking of young, wasn't it like.... your birthday a few days ago?
MK Ultra
I had something like that ringing in the back of my head, as well, but no no, we mixt that up, somehow, see the information left to his posts? It states his age and birthday ...

adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 30 2009, 09:09 AM) *
Speaking of young, wasn't it like.... your birthday a few days ago?

Yes indeed, spent it on my back in a pool of feverish sweat. A wonderful reminder of my advancing age.
MK Ultra
Much like I spent newyears-day and the first week of this year :-S

I only included the most important (IMHO) items into the re-cap - hope I didn´t leave out anything too important.

For the analyzis of Kenichi´s com (alert, mode & if there is stealth running - in that case, another test to learn the Rating would follow) as well as the analysis of the Tracking utility, I´ll buy 3 hits, each.
Obviously, if the node runs Stealth < 5, I wont even try to track it at this point, but keep monitoring it, in case Stealth is turned off at some point, same if a Track attempt fails because Stealth is running.
For tracking with Computer+Track-Targets Stealth (TH 10+(Redirect Trace Hits), 1 IP, p. 219), see rolls below and aply modifires, please. Without Stealth and/or Redirect, the Task will be accomplished in 3 IPs or 9 Seconds, giving me the nodes Access ID and its physical location (exactly if wired, within 50 m, if wireless) and alow me to track any movements, as long as a connection is maintained.

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012