Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
You know I was joking; I'm not interested in any sort of PvP gameplay.
BlackHat
While I'm not really interested in PvP either (mostly because my character would get smoked in round-1), I do sort of like the idea of the two groups "fighting" over the hacker in a non-combative way... like, once we're solid teams, the hacker could (if necessary) be sort of a free-agent that the two teams try to hire on for their respective jobs... meaning the teams would have to impress her (we're talking about Cattie right?) with their style, professionalism, sense of humor, not shooting at her with guns, etc... and probably pitch their job in a way that makes it sound like cake. smile.gif Maybe even offer up some signing bonuses or something if the job especially requires a hacker.

Of course, the drawback to this idea is that it leaves one team or the other without a hacker at zero-hour. biggrin.gif Like we've said, I'm sure two or three of us could pick up the hacker-slack on any given team, but it would sort of suck for the team that has to get by with a second-rate hacker. Of course, that might give them more motivation to offer Cattie more money, jewels, cars, whatever to get her to join them on their next Run. smile.gif
Konsaki
While this would be interesting, it would mean having out teams on the same timeline between runs. While this wouldnt be too much of a problem, it would be sorta unrealistic. Not to mention the strain on Caittie to be constantly doing jobs one after another, though she wouldnt have to worry about money anymore.

As for the PvP thing, once we get together as groups, we might not be friends but we will be team mates. There probably will be some RP conflict, but nothing that resorts to full out gunfights. I could see the trolls duking it out with their fists, boxing ring style, throwing out stun damage till they are blue in the face, but they seem on agreeable terms right now.
Caittie doesnt particularly like either of the trolls right now, but she isnt going to have their commlinks call the Star again for no reason. There is no point in it now, back then she was being ambushed by two trolls and was doing anything she could to try and survive.
adamu
Mister Juan

So, with all those rolls and instructions, are you saying you want me to IC your infil attempt?
I was thinking of just noting all your infiltration rolls, and then taking it step-by-step with you, showing what you see each step of the way, giving you a chance to modify your moves.

Either way is fine - the first moves things along quickly, but the second will be a lot more fun for you.

Let me know.
pragma
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
You know I was joking; I'm not interested in any sort of PvP gameplay.

I know, and its a shame my jest wasn't as apparent.

I Just want to make sure that all of us pseudo -combat tand non-combat ypes are on the same page regarding any attempts to tackle a pair of violence oriented trolls smile.gif .
BlackHat
Lol, nice.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (pragma)
I Just want to make sure that all of us pseudo -combat tand non-combat ypes are on the same page regarding any attempts to tackle a pair of violence oriented trolls smile.gif .

Sledge knows what to do to them...
Vegas
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
QUOTE (pragma @ Nov 7 2006, 03:44 PM)
I Just want to make sure that all of us pseudo -combat tand non-combat ypes are on the same page regarding any attempts to tackle a pair of violence oriented trolls  smile.gif .

Sledge knows what to do to them...

Oh the fun that will be had... biggrin.gif

Keep up the great writing guys, it's awesome to have so many great posts to read inbetween your own storyline!

Too bad about Cedric though, I hope he'll be able to come back in the future!
BlackHat
I CALL DIBS ON HIS COMMLINK!
(holy shit I need a new spare smile.gif)
Konsaki
I'll duel you in a matrix fight for it. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
Mister Juan

So, with all those rolls and instructions, are you saying you want me to IC your infil attempt?
I was thinking of just noting all your infiltration rolls, and then taking it step-by-step with you, showing what you see each step of the way, giving you a chance to modify your moves.

Either way is fine - the first moves things along quickly, but the second will be a lot more fun for you.

Let me know.

Adamu
Either way is actually quite fine by me. Whatever is good for you wink.gif If you'd rather speed things along, I won't mind. If you're not in a hurry par se, let's take it a step at a time.
BlackHat
QUOTE (Konsaki)
I'll duel you in a matrix fight for it. biggrin.gif

Deal, but you have to use a commlink too! None of that technomancer hocus pocus
adamu
Mister Juan

Okay, I've noted all your infil rolls, and I'll use them as I rule they are needed. That'll speed things up a lot, but I won't be telling you exactly when I'm using each one - no fun if you to know exactly when the good successes are coming up. I'll just tell you when I've gone through them all and need more.
adamu
Vegas
Gosh, too bad you didn't time your super-scream for when Conall was lurking outside your door. That might have been cool.
Vegas
Adamu

damnit, that's what I get for trying to post while half-asleep.... biggrin.gif that was kinda my intention, but seeing how I suck at math when tired, and you've posted already...

oh well... if shes completely passed out and he makes it into her room, all the more fun for RP nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Vegas

Yeah, I wondered if maybe that was what you were doing, but then I worked the math both ways - as if your time stamp was at the beginning or the end of your 28 minutes or whatever you wrote, and either way it was well off of Conall's infil attempt. So I figured I'd better make it before since we don't know how his deal will come out yet.
Mister Juan
Adamu
Well... this isn't going to be easy wink.gif
Conall is going to try to get as close as possible to O'Leary without being spotted. When as close as he can, Conall will start by dropping his own Stealth spell to cast a new one on O'Leary before rushing him. If I'm not mistaken, the Stealth spell makes the target less audible to everyone... and so, theoratically, if O'Leary "calls for help" before Conall can get to him, he might actually go unheard because of the spell.

When he rushes him, Conall will try to use the element of surprise to strike O'Leary as hard as he can at the throat. This isn't just to hurt him, it's actually to temporarly disable his ability to speak.

If Conall manages to land his hit... well, we'll see from there.

Here goes nothing!

Casting Stealth spell on O'Leary (Force 4)
Dicepool: 8
Rolls: 1,5,5,1,1,4,2,5
Hits: 3

Drain Code: 3S
Rolls: 3,3,6,5,3,2,1,3
Hits: 2
Drain taken: 1S

Unless Conall is really up close, he'll have to literaly run up to O'Leary as fast as he can to strike him... so I'll throw in two dices as a "attacker charging". I don't know what sort of minus I have to roll for the hitting the throat called shot... so I'll let you substract what you want. I also have no idea if it increases damages, or if it bypasses armor. Really, Conall is just trying to hurt him hard and turn him mute for some time, without killing him.

Oh yea, Conall is going to use his single dice of edge nyahnyah.gif

Unarmed Combat
Dicepool: 8+2
rolls: 6,1,2,3,6,6,2,1,3,6
Hits: 4
Edge Roll(1 dice): 1
Hits: 0
Exploding 6s (4 dices): 1,4,6,5
Exploding 6s (1 dice): 2
Hits: 0
Total Hits: 6

Well, I hope thats enough wink.gif
adamu
Mister Juan

Called shot for specific effect (silencing target) - page 150. I'll call it a -2.

There is a lot that will happen here once you move into action, so I am going to do this IC post.
adamu
BlueRondo

Okay, I don't have a real IC post in response to going to Mass.

I think there are two immediate goals you need to accomplish - assuming you still want to do them.
A) Get that diary finished.
B) Get started in the new job.

Why don't you go ahead and do another IC post - as long or as short as you like, that either takes you to meeting with Padre Cardoza in the clinic in the church basement, or else takes you to another time you have a chance to read the diary.

You can talk about the Mass, or whatever you feel like that you want to describe about your situation leading up to either of those moments.

Some parameters -
* Miguel will be at Mass. He arrives in his limo - he has servants and stuff that open doors for him. Everyone pays him a lot of respect. He leaves right after Mass, so you don't get to talk to him at this time.
* Mass is entirely in Spanish.
* In case you didn't pick up on this, the neighborhood is basically a mini-barrens, except that along with all the squalor and filth, crying babies, barred windows, virtually non-existent commerce, and totally non-existent law enforcement, you also notice a lot of people like your grandmother that are interested in trying to salvage the community.
* There are Los Locos gangers everywhere. You know them by their starched white T-shirts, plaid flannel shirts buttoned only at the throat, creased black slacks, and shiny black shoes. You get the picture. But they will never bother you or your grandmother (at least not within the scope of whatever you choose to IC next).
BlueRondo
Ack! (is embarrassed.)
Konsaki
Wrong thread, BlueRondo. smile.gif
Looks good though.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

His face straigtens, as he offers a juristical key phrase, to underline his point. "I must however voice my concern and strongly advice against this course of action."

I am wellaware, that this has little actual waight, because non of this talk will be revealed. It´s more between the two of them, so he can at least say 'I told you so' if anything goes wrong.

EDIT: Everyone

So much new stuff to read after only half a week. I apreciate that everyone is so dedicated smile.gif

I´ll soon start to do some work archivating the IC threads separated by character on the wiki (or at least I plan, to - depends on how fast work starts to pick up again, next week). I´ll probably start to put up John´s storry-line first and then -unless anybody objects- go on with the others one by one and finally put them all together chronologically in another archive, too.
BlackHat
Sounds like a huge effort! smile.gif Would be nice to have though.
Mister Juan
Conall - Second Wave

As some might notice in the last post, I did watch some movie recently... and there's that line that really keeps sticking with me wink.gif I slightly modified it so I wouldn't get flamed nyahnyah.gif

Backing down from a fight (Wolf Mentor Spirit Disadvantage)
Threshold: 3
Rolls: 6,3,3,3,2,4,6,2

Guess what: that little guy ain't backing down.

In case you need initiative:
Dicepool: 9 (7+2)
Rolls:3,1,5,4,6,4,6,5,6
Hits: 5
Initiative Score: 14
# of IP: 3

IP1
Attacking the Beast Spirit with Death Touch.
Casting Death Touch Force 8 (overcasting)
Dicepool: 12
Rolls:: 1,6,6,4,2,6,5,3,3,6,4,1
DV: 13P

Drain: 2P
Rolls: 3,6,1,5,5,3,1,2
No Drain

Unarmed Attack to deliver the spell
Dicepool: 10 (8+2 for touch-only attack)
Rolls: 1,6,4,2,3,6,1,2,5,4
adamu
Mister Juan

Okay, these guys had to set up pretty quickly to get in your way - so the round you attack, the spirit has just used its first action to finish materializing.

You attack it, but it dodges you.

So you still have the "juice" of your spell in your hand or whatever.

Now it's your second pass, then it will be the spirit's second pass.

Going into your second pass, you can tell the spirit is using it's fear power on you, opening its mouth to roar in your face. You feel terrified, but in game terms it can't affect you until you have had your second-pass shot.

So roll for whatever you are going to do on IP2 (try to touch it again?), but just to be safe, roll your willpower to resist the Fear power - since you failed your wolf-back-down roll, you get a +2 dice bonus on resisting the fear effect.
Mister Juan
Conall - Second Wave

IP2
Unarmed Attack on Beast Spirit
Dicepool: 10 dices (8+2)
Rolls: 6,3,3,3,2,4,5,1,6,4

Resisting Fear Power
Dicepool: 7 (5+2)
Rolls: 1,1,5,4,3,4,5
adamu
Mister Juan

Wow, you nailed it. but you can feel that the sec mage is counterspelling for it. Still, you know you hurt it bad, seriously impacting the severity of its fear-roar, which you do successfully resist.

Now I need your IP 3.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Caught your post over on the Up from the Bottom OOC thread.

No hurry, post when you can. Remember that, if what the LPO told you is true, they have the both of you under constant surveillance anyway, so your concern is somewhat academic, except for helping Trevor maintain his illusion that he has cleverly eluded the authorities.
adamu
BlueRondo

Your last post (thank you very much, by the way) referred to your grandmother as your aunt. Typo? Or did I miss something?
Mister Juan
Conall - Second Wave

IP3

Well, Conall's action will depend on a few thing.

a) if the door to Etain's room is still unlocked and the Spirit isn't blocking the way, Conall will instruct his own spirit to attack the Beast Spirit (but to stay on the astral) and then go into Etain's room

b) if the door to Etain's room is still unlocked and the Spirit is blocking the way, Conall will never the less instruct his own spirit to attack the Beast Spirit (but to stay on the astral) and then he'll try to basically dodge around the Spirit as best as he can to go into Etain's room

c) if there is no way to go around the spirit, Conall will attack it once more.

Death Touch Force 8
Dicepool: 12
Rolls: 2,4,5,6,5,5,6,4,1,6,4,5
Hits: 7
DV: 15P
Drain: 2P
Rolls: 5,3,3,5,2,4,1,1
No Drain

Unarmed Attack
Dicepool: 10
Rolls: 1,5,5,2,5,6,1,6,4,4

Once the spirit is killed off, Conall will attempt to enter Etain's room.
If he can't, he'll try to literaly kick it in... and if that still doesn't work... well... he's going to powerball it open wink.gif
If it is still unlocked, he'll go in and grab the biggest piece of furniture he can to baricade the door.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Oh, on the bottom of page 13 of the First Wave thread, you introduced Carla as Carmen's niece, so I thought that was part of a ruse to disguise Carla's true identity. I was a little confused at the time, because I thought Carmen had already identified Carla as her granddaughter, but it didn't occur to me that you might have made a mistake. Shall we correct the whole thing, or leave it as it is?
Ankle Biter
QUOTE (adamu)
Ankle Biter

Caught your post over on the Up from the Bottom OOC thread.

No hurry, post when you can. Remember that, if what the LPO told you is true, they have the both of you under constant surveillance anyway, so your concern is somewhat academic, except for helping Trevor maintain his illusion that he has cleverly eluded the authorities.

Oops, wrong thread. Ok, thanks for the reminder, I think that taking the mickey a bit may be the way forward. Time for some hideous revenge.

Okay, electra's am going to work up some nice paranoia for Trevor, and spend the month drekking with his head.

She's going to work his ego so that he is convinced that in order or the earth to live he must not get captured, "he showed me the way, so he must live to show others the way, but must first lie low till the heat dies down."

Then Electra will find the shittyest stinkhole of a squat she can, and dump him there, feed his martyr complex but not his body. Work up a nice bunch of paranoia, and get him fixated on her as the one person he can trust.

Turn him into a stinky stinky bum, under the pretext of disguising him. Mabe take a bolt cropper to his distinctive horns. Get his leg hair nice and matted. Make him eat stuff that she drops as she walks past, to avoid 'leaving a trail' to him.

Well, that's the plan, it's nothing to do with finding the eco terrorists. It's Electra being a vengeful bitch, and practicing mind control on Trevor. How well it works is kind of up to you.

As I don't want to be stealing a technically enemy NPC, how well would turning trevor into a pitiful mumbling paranoid hobo utterly reliant on me work? biggrin.gif

Spoiler for bad bad taste. I'm sorry.
[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

So, one Edge used up, but I guess I don´t have my Edge burned, do I?
OK, so I guess there is no way I can say 'No' without breaking my contract and my nack, can I? I mean is this part of my job (as per contract or inofficial aggreement), or is he trying to convince me to do it for him? Normaly I´d argue that in a case where I strongly advice against some action, he can go through with it, of course -and I´d help deal with the fallout- but he´d have to use his own ressources. I´m no longer a Novatech-Trouble-Shooter anymore, after all. He can probably intimidate me into agreeing to do this for him, but he should know better then to use unwilling people for this kind of job.

If you insist that I can only say ok (and than either do it or run)... Well, I can´t say I wasn´t itching for going through with this plot.
In that case, give me the details (projected bodycount and as much info as you thing to be necessary, depending on how much micromanagement we are going to do with this) and then I´ll decide what to do.

Edit
Oh and I don´t quiet get what that sentance means.

"And do go getting creative on me or streamlining this thing ...

Dos he simply mean, I should not try to minimize colateral damage or what? My english only is that good, sorry.

Also, insted of bullying me into overseeing this operation, he might convince me with some additional (huge) incentives, but that´s probably not worth it for him (unless he really want´s to set me up).
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo)
Carla, First Wave

Oh, on the bottom of page 13 of the First Wave thread, you introduced Carla as Carmen's niece, so I thought that was part of a ruse to disguise Carla's true identity. I was a little confused at the time, because I thought Carmen had already identified Carla as her granddaughter, but it didn't occur to me that you might have made a mistake. Shall we correct the whole thing, or leave it as it is?

Doh!
Looks like you are much more on the ball than I am. I fixed my fubar post. Now it has Carmen introducing you as her granddaughter.
So sorry about the confusion.
adamu
BlueRondo

Okay, in game terms -

The apartment that they will eventually show you if you take the job is Low Lifestyle, but it seems really nice in this neighborhood. An apparently relatively secure building, a good maglock on your reinforced door, and bars on the windows. Everything works - electricity, water, etc.
The food will be mostly soy.
The Y250/month will cover all the other stuff that comes with a low lifestyle (public transport, modest clothing replacement, occasional cheap entertainment) and leave Y100/month in discretionary cash.
Naturally the fact that payment is in kind and in cash means the whole employment would be strictly off the books.

Medically, in game terms, Conditions are "Average (indoors)". There are medical supplies. The autodoc is the equivalent of a Rating 4. The Padre does NOT count as a skilled assistant.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Your plan sound cool, fun, and sound. I have no doubt that given Electra's abilities and the way I have drawn Trevor's personality that it will work just fine.

So just give me a time-passes post spanning about a month. It can be short or long, whatever you feel like. Then we can get on to the next step.
adamu
Mister Juan

Okay, the beast spirit is totally planted in the doorway - it looks like he was ordered to keep you out of the room, not just attack you.

So per your instructions, the best thing you can do is just kill him. Which you do with your IP 3 action.

Once it's dead, for the moment there is no need for initiative, since the mage can't do anything to you and the doctor and the maid are not going to try to stop you.

The door is locked, but it's not a security door or anything. You can kick it easily.

You can IC post that far, and then I will do an IC describing what you find in the room.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
2nd wave, John

So, one Edge used up, but I guess I don´t have my Edge burned, do I?

ADAMU - If I recall correctly, you have used one point of edge so far in this campaign, leaving you with two remaining. Nothing burned.

OK, so I guess there is no way I can say 'No' without breaking my contract and my nack, can I? I mean is this part of my job (as per contract or inofficial aggreement), or is he trying to convince me to do it for him? Normaly I´d argue that in a case where I strongly advice against some action, he can go through with it, of course -and I´d help deal with the fallout- but he´d have to use his own ressources. I´m no longer a Novatech-Trouble-Shooter anymore, after all. He can probably intimidate me into agreeing to do this for him, but he should know better then to use unwilling people for this kind of job.

ADAMU - in terms of legal or contractual obligations, sitting alone with Miles Lanier in his extraterritorial offices discussing murdering hundreds of people - you are completely outside the world of law and contracts.
But as for what Lanier considers your obligation - yeah, he probably expects you to do ANYTHING he tells you to. That is how he personallysees your relationship.

If you insist that I can only say ok (and than either do it or run)... Well, I can´t say I wasn´t itching for going through with this plot.
In that case, give me the details (projected bodycount and as much info as you thing to be necessary, depending on how much micromanagement we are going to do with this) and then I´ll decide what to do.

ADAMU - I will not INSIST that you do anything. Lanier does appear to be insisting, and how you respond is up to you. Naturally if you say yes, then it seems likely that he will have the details sent to you.

Edit
Oh and I don´t quiet get what that sentance means.

"And do go getting creative on me or streamlining this thing ...

Dos he simply mean, I should not try to minimize colateral damage or what? My english only is that good, sorry.

ADAMU - No, I am sorry. It is not your bad English, it's my bad English (and I don't have an excuse). The "do" should have been "don't" (I have already edited it), by which he means he doesn't want you to try some fancy lateral thinking, he just wants you to get the bomb to go off and kill Dean and a lot of people.

Also, insted of bullying me into overseeing this operation, he might convince me with some additional (huge) incentives, but that´s probably not worth it for him (unless he really want´s to set me up).

See in-line reponses, and also look for a PM.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (adamu)
Mister Juan

Okay, the beast spirit is totally planted in the doorway - it looks like he was ordered to keep you out of the room, not just attack you.

So per your instructions, the best thing you can do is just kill him. Which you do with your IP 3 action.

Once it's dead, for the moment there is no need for initiative, since the mage can't do anything to you and the doctor and the maid are not going to try to stop you.

The door is locked, but it's not a security door or anything. You can kick it easily.

You can IC post that far, and then I will do an IC describing what you find in the room.

Conall - Second Wave

In case it might speed things up:
Once inside the room, Conall will "close" the door behind him as best as he can. He'll then push the nearest piece of furniture in front of it, and he'll order his Spirit of Beast to keep the door closed as best as it can (basically... materialize and "push" on it to prevent anyone from getting it)

He'll then go to Etain's side, and try to wake her up.
When he realizes she's drugged up, he'll dig out a stim patch from his bag.

adamu
BlueRondo

Excellent. Address and all that set up (for now). IC anything you want about the next 24 hours, and if you want to read more of your diary, cue me up.
Once that is read we can talk about how you are going to kill the next three months of game time.
adamu
Mister Juan & Vegas

Okay guys, you've got about a minute or so of game time undisturbed. I am assuming this is a roleplaying thing - if you are looking to actually escape or something, then we need to keep careful track everything you do and how much time it takes.

So if you are just going to talk, go for it.
If escape is your goal, start with OOC and we'll see how much you can get done.
Vegas
Etain - Second Wave
Adamu

I believe the plan is to try to get away, granted a minute doesn't give us a lot of time at all... But that's the fun of this all, and the need to be flexible and have backup plans wink.gif

I'm following Mister Juan's lead on this one since it's Conall's desire to get them away.

*rubs her hands together*
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Ok, that meeting is over. Just give me the proyected bodycount, I don´t want to make up this number myself, as I´m going to decide my further course of action by this detail.
I´ll then put up a strategy, to either go with the plan or to stop it and still protect my staff.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, on your way out the personal assistant lets you know that at this moment a protocol is being arranged with Kob to have a file of 'information you'll need' passed on once you are well away from the NeoNET facility.

Once you are out of the building, Kob leaves the entourage and meets you back at the office with a chip. It contains all sorts of logistical details, info on Dean's security, and info on the threats that the high school has received from Green War. All that is essentially info for the team that does the job. If you have questions, let me know.

There are also three contact numbers, with 'names' of the operatives. Neither you nor Kob have ever heard of them (and you'll have a lot of trouble getting anything, but we can try if you like). They are mostly the same, although there are some distinctions to help you make your selection. We can talk about those more IF you decide to move forward with brokering this job.

The specs for the plan are, as Lanier said, for drone delivery of a FAE to the high school stadium while Dean is there. Casualty projections run close to the stadium's capacity - 4,000 people.
Vegas
Etain - Second Wave

Adamu,

I'm itching to "fast foward" this a bit, so if you want we can toss up our "what we do" posts that encompass that week, but I'd like to know what happens because of Conall breaking into Etain's room and what if anything changes because of it. I know I'm just planning on having Etain call to Moon Maiden more and more for guidance, for help trying to forget what happened which leads to the learning of the new spell and increased spellcasting. She'll neglect any vocal lessons, both from any hesitance of Pat Murphy coming to the house as well as thinking that singing is how she got wrapped up with Patrick O'Donnell and wants nothing to do with anything that reminds her of that fact for right now... She'll be stir crazy and likely have a few bouts of anger and lashing out at those who are close at the time (anne, her mother, Paddy's men, etc) much like the outburst from before. And she'll have her really low moments as well.

Outside of that I'm looking forward to whatever else you throw at us wink.gif
MK Ultra
About Wiki

So, any suggestions how to name the archive pages and how to link them? I was thinking along the following pattern:

Home
.Archive
..Archive+AnotherLife
...Archive+AnotherLife+'specific PC'
..Archive+Transition
...Archive+Transition+'specific PC'
..Archive+UpAndRunning
...Archive+UpAndRunning+'specific Run'

What dos everyone think? I´d like to have a good plan, before I start wiping up pages with ugly names, that eventually get replaced by a proper system.

2nd wave, John

I´m still thinking about what to do - hopefully will have made my mind up and post the decision tomorrow night. However in the interim, I´d just want to say, that I won´t try to gather any information on these teams, that isn´t already in my personal databases (no requests about them to intel-providers, etc.). I want to scan for appropriate Fixers and/or Jhonsons to use as intermediaries though - if possible some capable and professionel Jhonson, that is willing to subject to Laés-tratment after the meeting. That´s then contacting a Fixer (preferably with sympathies/contacts/working-history to the ugly-threatening eco-group - but professional enough, not to cheat us and take the money and material to do another strike for that eco-group), who will meet the runners.
Also, I won´t talk about this operation to any of my staff unless specifically said so (no one gets to see the data from NeoNET either) - especially Alice, Kob and Manolo. If it is totally nececarry to talk to someone, please notyfy me, to whome/when/how much. Regarding them, we are still running with my own proposals.
One question (if I decide to lead the runners themselves to beleave that I´m representing a terror group - which one was it btw?) do we provide the material (FAE, ...) to the team or do they get it themselves?
Lastly, I´m considdering to fire Alice, Kob and Manolo (at least temporarily) so they are protected (and monetarily on the save side) if everything falls apart. Do I have the free ressources to provide them with an appropriate goodby-money?
Vegas
MK Ultra

regarding the Wiki, why do we need 2124890124 different pages for each character's story thus far? Why not just make pages called "Character name - Story" and link them to the navigation bar on the left of the page.

If it's each individual's back story, you can either make a new page for the various "runs" we start, or just copy the storylines under each name (a little more work, but a complete story from begining to end).

*shrugs* Just my $0.02 biggrin.gif
adamu
Everyone

I know I said a week ago my posting would get erratic, and then I actually started posting more than usual.
But I meant what I said - you may not hear from me nearly as much as I'd like over the next several days.
Thank you for your patience.
BlackHat
I understand. I'll be in line for a Wii this weekend too! biggrin.gif
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Sory, my next IC will delay from Saturday night tokyo-time to saturday night my time, as I´m visiting the imports-exhibition tomorrow morning, where imported articles from around the globe can be bought free of import-taxes.

Everyone with a tip, what would be especialy worth looking out for will have my thanks wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012