Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
BlueRondo
Adamu, so Padre's IN the van now, right?

Also, what does Carla see in front of her? Does she have a clear view of the action going on in the alley?
Jack Robustus
adamu, Jackwill free action, eject clip. simple action insert new clip in his pistol. Simple action, sprint after Krait. [5] 4 1 3 2 1 [5] 3 1 = 2 hits.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Apr 15 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Adamu, so Padre's IN the van now, right?

Also, what does Carla see in front of her? Does she have a clear view of the action going on in the alley?

Yes - he is in the van, and the door is closed.

The van is facing west on the street, but directly to Carla's right/north, an unaided view would see nothing but muzzle flashes in a dark alley. Since your glasses have both low-light and flare compensation, you see a big ugly ork in a business suit shooting in your direction from the intersection. He's the only one still in view in the alley at this point.
adamu
QUOTE (Jack Robustus @ Apr 16 2008, 12:32 AM) *
adamu, Jackwill free action, eject clip. simple action insert new clip in his pistol. Simple action, sprint after Krait. [5] 4 1 3 2 1 [5] 3 1 = 2 hits.

Excellent. Noted.
That is your first Initiative Pass. You don't have to declare the next two initiative passes now, but things will go faster if you throw out some possibilities contingent on how things go. If those conditions aren't met, we can ask for new declarations at that time. If they are met, then we will be able to move forward with those actions.

Or wait and see is fine.
Divine Virus
Alright. I am pulling together a play-by-email game.
Details here.

What I am looking for are good roleplayers, and I think all of your qualify. The game is NOT going to be time intensive- a post or two a week is all that is asked, so long as it keeps going. I hope all of you can take a peek and see if it catches your fancy.

Cheers!
DV
BlueRondo
Carla's actions.

[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
Don´t have my books and dice handy right now, but intend to post full declarations and rolls tonight, however, here´s a short heads up on what I intend to do (don´t know how much of it will fit into one CT though, so I´ll have to check and sort stuff tonight).

[ Spoiler ]

EDIT: Ok, checked the book, looks like everything should fit into one CT...

[ Spoiler ]

Also some more rolls, Ini will be 11

[ Spoiler ]
Jack Robustus
adamu sorry for the delay, I had to work a crazy schedule Wednesday and Thursday but back to normal now.

Jack intends to catch up with Krait and try to find out who is friendly and who is a foe. If combat ensues Jack will continue using his pistol or switch to his baton as appropriate. I'll get you more rolls tomorrow morning.
adamu
@Jack - no worries about delay - you're not the last person to get their actions in anyway.
adamu
@MK - since, as noted IC and OOC I rerouted you around the east side of the bar, you are now about 30 meters from the van. If you want to reach it this combat turn, you will need to use a simple action for a sprint (and get the requisite successes). Do you want to adjust anything?
adamu
EVERYONE - a quick point I forgot to clarify - I noted in the IC that Krait sent a message to the team.

That means that even though it didn't get into the IC, everyone monitoring the team channel receivec:

'Three, four might need support. One, watch your back!'
MK Ultra
Oh, sorry, that detail didn´t register correctly in my head. This changes quiet a bit. Did I even notice the bike action at the front entrance then? Sorry for the confusion.

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Just a small clarification to Carla's actions:

[ Spoiler ]

By the way, might anybody want to update the character positions on the map in the wiki?
Vegas
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Apr 19 2008, 09:11 AM) *
By the way, might anybody want to update the character positions on the map in the wiki?

I can't get to it till later this afternoon/evening. I'll try to decern from the posts where everyone is currently, but I know it's a bit confusing.

Declarations and rolls forthcoming this afternoon/evening too.. sorry for the extended delay Adamu, but after the PM's I know we're on the same page again smile.gif

Thanks!
adamu
@Vegas and All -

Good luck on that map update - not even sure it's worth an attempt, but if you take it on, power to you.

I would quickly summarize current locations, but the thing is, almost everyone is moving a lot.

Also, I don't think there's any player in the game that knows where EVERYONE is anyway.

In many combat scenes, including this one, the confusion is part of the game

What was it Clausewitz said - Battle is chaos, and he who best controls the chaos wins.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Apr 19 2008, 05:27 AM) *
Did I even notice the bike action at the front entrance then?

Unless you have some way to see the front of the building from the east side of the building, all you know is that you hear several bikes in the vicinity, by far the loudest of which is indeed around the front of the bar, and there was a crashing sound.
Vegas
Ok, extended delay (until Sunday my time) for me... I'm currently away from my books + dice (roller)

Basically there's a needed composure test from Etain, and I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of how I want Etain to react not to mention the rolls for putting it into motion.
Vegas
Ok, back in business...

[ Spoiler ]

adamu
Okay, everyone knows the drill.

I need actions, and rolls if I don't already have them.

NO IC except thoughts and impressions.

Vegas - Etain has 6 Stun damage, and is conscious but prone and unable to take any actions until I say so.

In case there is any uncertainty, the bike hit the door, and the door hit the van, and all fall down.

Vegas
Adamu - Oh yay! biggrin.gif Is that 6S from the taser alone, or including the 1S she took from trying to spellcast?

Either way I won't do much/anything till you give me the ok.
adamu
Well - Event Reg was a total hell.

Had to get up before five am, and then it took me over two hours to get everything done.

Even starting right exactly at the moment reg went live, two of my events were already full. Rescheduled one, but I am still short one Mission.

Hoping to get into it anyway if I can beg bribe or steal a no-show spot.

My friend actually only got two of the five or six Missions he was going for, and he started trying to register at the same time as me.

Anyway, I will say that I am indeed signed up for the SR Tourney. Anyone else doing that (as a player)? It would be nice to do it with some people I know and trust....
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Apr 21 2008, 09:22 AM) *
Adamu - Oh yay! biggrin.gif Is that 6S from the taser alone, or including the 1S she took from trying to spellcast?

Either way I won't do much/anything till you give me the ok.

The attempted spell was fluff. You never got a chance to cast, so no drain.

Initiative was fun for that one - the high vs. the drunk. Came down to pure luck.
Vegas
yeah I kinda figured as much... smile.gif
BlueRondo
Adamu, did Carla get injured at all in the crash?
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Apr 21 2008, 06:55 PM) *
Adamu, did Carla get injured at all in the crash?

I would definitely have told you if she had!

Please everyone note that Jack's recent speech to Krait actually happened in the just-completed combat turn, as he had several actions saved/left over.
MK Ultra
Verry tired and need to get up and to work in about 6 hours, so no rolls, yet, but here are my declarations. So far they are only for the case, that I am not attacked/involved in battle. You´d have to wait for options valid in that case untill tomorrow night, just as for rolls.

[ Spoiler ]
BlueRondo
Carla's going to wait at the wheel for the time being.

[ Spoiler ]
MK Ultra
Allmost forgot two other things I´d like to include...

[ Spoiler ]

If I´m attacked ...

[ Spoiler ]

If I´m killed ...

I´ll die.

EDIT: Sorry, no more rolls tonight -too tired- and won´t come home before friday night, so maybe you might use old rolls from me or do them yourself. Thanks.
adamu
QUOTE (BlueRondo @ Apr 23 2008, 08:06 AM) *
Carla's going to wait at the wheel for the time being.

Okay BR - I'm just going to read that as being on delay.

Everyone - right now just waiting on MJ's declaration.

But I will probably resolve the first IP tomorrow morning anyway, since I know what he's doing for that pass.
adamu
Okeley dokeley -

the IC post represents the first IP (and the high-initiative player's second IP).

From here I need IP2 declarations from Mister Juan and Divine Virus in order to proceed.

BlueRondo - let me know if and when you want to take your delayed action. If you don't take it in this combat turn, it will carry over into the next. That means you will still get to go whenever you want in response to anything that happens, but it also means you will basically lose this combat turn's action.

Divine Virus - you get shot once for 3S damage. See upcoming PM for other details.

MK Ultra - I assumed you'd want to stop St. Pierre from shooting the ork, and you were in position to do so and by my reckoning had an available free action. If you DO NOT want to stop St. Pierre, say so and I'll cut that part and he can keep shooting.
MK Ultra
No, that´s perfect, thanks smile.gif
Jack Robustus
Jack will follow Krait to the front of the bar, since that is where all the action is now.
adamu
Okay - I got the declarations from DV and MJ as soon as I was back online after Sunday, so no lag there - thank you very much.

However, there is a lot going on and PMs are flying. Need to wait another day before I can resolve the rest of the combat turn.

Great IC posts, by the way.
Vegas
Yay! Another day of staring at the ceiling having everything look like jelly wink.gif

I should really fluff post my way through this... perhaps i'll get on that....
adamu
If you do, you might as well include the sounds of the bike heading for the back door but then once again crashing spectacularly. Followed by automatic weapons fire.
Vegas
Roger, I'll try to have it up by early afternoon (my time) as something just came up that I have to deal with tonight. frown.gif
adamu
That would be totally excellent. By then I may have the full turn resolved, so you can pick and choose from that description whatever you think you can perceive.

Also, I suppose there is nothing in the rules to prevent your Mindlink from still being active - do you want to still be sustaining it?
adamu
Okay - that ends that combat turn.

The van is now 15 meters west down the road - so past the alley - and still moving until I hear otherwise.

That leaves Krait, Jack, St. Pierre and Bandito standing on the bar side of the street, near the damaged front door.

Jack - you took 2S damage, but see my PM.

Naguel is directly across the street behind a car. Distance is now 8 meters between the two shooters.

Mister Juan - since you always have a stading full-dodge-if-shot-at order, I assumed you used full-dodge this time. So you have already used your first IP of the next combat turn.

Need declarations and rolls (been doing a lot of rolling myself lately...which I'm okay with if y'all are) for at least the next IP, and maybe contingencies for the whole next combat turn for you multiple pass types.

The ICs have been great - please feel free to continue ICing thoughts and perceptions as your muse directs.
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 28 2008, 10:48 PM) *
That would be totally excellent. By then I may have the full turn resolved, so you can pick and choose from that description whatever you think you can perceive.

Also, I suppose there is nothing in the rules to prevent your Mindlink from still being active - do you want to still be sustaining it?

Working on an IC post now.

As for the mindlink, I think MJ and I can reasonably work off the premise that once Etain was shot with the taser, pretty much the sustained spells went out the window when she hit the floor... IMHO, it's a little hard to remember to keep a spell going when electricity is going through you a mile a minute biggrin.gif
adamu
DAMN - two great IC posts.

Great line, Jack. You'll see that in the karma award (which I intended to send out two weeks ago and probably won't actually send for another two!).

And don't bother counting it as a Free Action used - no actions required for pure fluff (no tactical/communicative value) dialogue.
adamu
Okay - I got eight PMs today - all for this game! Hopefully will have everything I need for resolution by tomorrow night.
MK Ultra
Here are the promissed new rolls: Ini would be 11

[ Spoiler ]

and declarations...

[ Spoiler ]

Thanks again wink.gif
MK Ultra
P.S.: Aight is a very lucky number biggrin.gif
BlueRondo
Woo, it's finals season again, and by some miracle I find myself not stressed out of my mind.
adamu
It's the therapeutic effects of Shadowrun.

Thanks for all the steady PMs everyone. Lot going on - lots of things I need to check with people on. Have the resolution up as soon as a couple of crucial bits of info get back to me.

On another note - Divine Virus soon heads off for the Great White North - land without decent Internet access. By agreeing to play a bad guy, he has really put his heart and soul into giving you guys a run for your money.

Thanks to him (and to all the rest of you, of course), this has turned into an extremely fun and interesting scene.

I will be handling Naguel now, as the NPC he was originally meant to be.

So let's all give DV a big round of applause for really making the most of my little forum-game experiment.

And also, with PVP action done with, there will be no more need for all the PMs - everything can again be safely posted for all to see here on the OOC thread (which is a good thing, cuz my PM box is overflowing!).
BlueRondo
Thanks DV! Happy travels.
Jack Robustus
Good luck DV!
MK Ultra
It was a plesure to meet you, DV, but you know, the bad guys must not win, or els Shadowrun would be real-life!
adamu
Okay - that basically wraps the combat turn, except for Jack's third IP.

Entering a gray area where initiative and all that are necessary for some but maybe not for everyone.

If you will be doing anything to anyone else - fighting, chasing, whatever, roll initiative and give me Free/Simple/Complex declarations.

If you are only going to move or look or talk, state your intentions here in the OOC thread.

Still NO ACTIONS in IC. There are some things I have to keep control of in the narrative for a bit longer before I can turn you loose on the usual freestyle posting parameters. As usual, thoughts and perceptions okay and encouraged.
Vegas
Etain's going to hold any further action given the circumstances wink.gif

*rubs hands together*

Now, is when things get interesting.

And GOOD LUCK DV!!! Thanks for playing the bad guy asshole smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012