Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu)
JDragon

By the time you get to Crusher you are -2 dice on all tests, and it is getting worse.

Angus - Second Wave

Got it. Is that going to effect the etiquette roll I made when I got to the bar or just from this point forward?

JD
Cedric Rolfsson
Jonathan- Third Wave

I'll make my post adamu, probably tomorrow. I haven't forgotten honest.
adamu
Cedric

I think we are all real glad to hear you are still with us, dude - everyone wants more Star Wars action, I reckon. Do what you gotta do real world-wise, and we'll look forward to your posts.
adamu
JDragon

Dude, I'd be a pretty big dick of a GM if I asked for a roll, you made the roll, and then four posts later I added a modifier and wanted it to apply retroactively. No, your etiquette success stands - you're talking to the fixer, aren't you?

Anyway, all that stuff about how super expensive erasing your SIN will be is pure fluff - characters have the right to start the game SINless, and you've chosen that option. So the price we come up with OOC will end up getting called something else IC, is all.

As for fake IC and licenses, you need to let me know what ratings you want OOC - use the book prices x2, because he is indeed taking a premium since you are so hot right now - more dangerous for him, plus he knows he's got you over a barrel.
So give me OOC shopping list, and then rough it out in an IC reply to him. Once that is out of the way he will be more inclined to talk about work.
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Adamu,

I didn't think you would make me go back and redo it, but wanted to check. :-P

So is the erasingthe existing Fake SIN going to actually cost anything? And if so how much? Thats going to effect what I have for other expenses.

The good news is I hadn't planned on getting a lot of equipment so I might make it.

OK shopping list....

Fake SIN R4: 4000 x 2 = 8000

Fake Drivers License R4: 400 x 2 = 800

Fake Gun license R4: 400 x 2 = 800

Fake Ammo License (EX-Explosive Rounds) R4: 400 x 2 = 800

Fake Conceal/Carry License R4: 400 x 2 = 800

Ruger Super Warhawk = 250

Concealable Holster = 75

Speed Loader x 1 = 25

EX-Explosive Rounds x 24 = 240

Lined Coat = 700

Subvocal mic = 50

Glasses - Low Light & Flare Compensation = 175

Respirator R4 = 400

Medkit R4 = 400

Clothes, 1 cheap suit, 4 normal outfits = 1000

Total = 14515 nuyen

I also want to get an appartment, so I want to pay up 2 months on a low lifestyle @ 2000 per month will be another 4000.

I may a few other small things but that is the big stuff for now. I will still have about 5300 left after my other expenses from the week.

I'll lay out the SIN and licenses in my next IC post which I will try to do tonight otherwise it will be tomorrow at lunch.

Let me know if I messed up on any of my math here.

JD
adamu
JDragon

No - getting the SIN erased doesn't cost you a thing. I just might have Ezekiel SAY it does IC, or it'll sound weird.

So he can set you up with an apartment, too, if you ask him. All the prices look good and he can get you all that stuff. There's a slight surcharge for him getting that for you - let's say total Y15,000 for the total gear list (or Y19,500) if he sets you up with the apartment.

Just let me know which way you want to go in your next IC post, and he'll name the price, and then we can talk about work.
adamu
Ankle Biter

Okay, dude, run with that. Do what you like with it. With this scene ALL your powers will be online, and you will know about them. And you can make those karma buys if you want to now.
Ankle Biter
First Wave - Electra

Is it ok for me to take over Jackal, or would you like to do his response to that yourself?

[ Spoiler ]
Abbandon
First Wave, Cerberus

Balls in your court

Ok I guess thats a good spot for me to stop. Do you wanna handle the meet with Dave Anderson the arms dealer? I always invision an arms dealer as an actual gun shop owner who also illegal sells stuff. From my post I didnt exactly say it was a gun shop so i guess thats open to interpretation if you wanna go a different route.

maybe you could give me bits and pieces of story and fluff to inject into the scene and let me fill it out, if not Cerberus would be admiring ALL the weapons as he walks through the store maybe reaching out to touch some of them.

I dont see him walking out of the store with crates of weaponry either. Its ok if the guy needs time to get what Cerberus requests with the specifications he needs. And the mods on the white knight ingram are worth mentioning since it takes an armorer to do. I think they would probably agree that when the inventory does come in they should meet at some middleground to hand it over instead of at the shop or at Cerb's house.

(man its to bad we havent been building up money along with Karma, I really wanna buy some more weapon skills and get some more guns hehe. Bleh who knows cerberus might end up being really kick ass @ melee. )
adamu
Abbandon

Dude, no reason for me to step in when you are doing such a great job. Everything you have said about the next meet sounds fine - go for it. You guys will really hit it off based on your enthusiasm about his merchandise, and that combined with the call from Smithers will jack you up to the 2 Loyalty you paid for. All the other details you mentioned are fine. Have fun.
adamu
QUOTE (Ankle Biter)
First Wave - Electra

Is it ok for me to take over Jackal, or would you like to do his response to that yourself?

[ Spoiler ]

Dude, as I said, the Mentor is basically an IC device for your roleplaying. If I want to step in and have him do something I will, but basically do whatever you want with him, as long as you stick to the personality outline in the book and that I've roughly established so far.

[ Spoiler ]
Ankle Biter
First Wave - Electra

Fair enough
[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Ankle Biter

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Abbandon

Love the posts. Keep it up - still got a month to kill! Let me know if you need anything.
adamu
JDragon

Okay dude, if there's anything you want to do while you wait for him to get back to you, just post away freely. Or just chill. Up to you.
adamu
Everyone

Okay, I think as of this post I am caught up. I have several people basically running their own show during their transitions, and everyone else I should be waiting for posts or PMs from.

If I am neglecting anything or anyone is at this point waiting for something from me, do speak up (as always).

Must take this opportunity to just once more congratulate everyone on a game excellently played. Thanks to all of your efforts, both in terms of posting and quality of content, this game is really moving along. As you know, we are now on the edge of things coalescing into 'regular' Shadowrun, where I hope to keep things as stimulating for you as they have been, although with a very very different style of play than the 'hitting bottom' phase has been. I think we will now be adding people to the 'regular game' fold at a fairly steady rate (at least, as steadily as online forum games ever are). And regular play or not - people, I have played a hell of a lot of Shadowrun, and I have read some damned good character histories, but I have NEVER seen backgrounds like the ones you guys are LIVING and CREATING through this thread.

Looking forward to continuing to play with you all - adamu.
Ankle Biter
First wave - Electra

Okie, I will take over the spirit and do a big giant banter post tonight, then we can see what happens tomorrow and what cunning plans Dashwood has to get me into Trevor's soon to be cold dead hands.

I will spend the XP during the banter.
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay dude, do any IC stuff you want until the 15th.
OR
Just skip ahead to then and let me know what your next work project will be, etc.
Ankle Biter
First Wave - Electra

Just to make sure I am counting My karma total OK, I believe we have had 5 weekly Karma awards before the change in Karma giving method, am I right?
(I am afraid that I may have counted a Karma award PM twice, you see...)
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
If I am neglecting anything or anyone is at this point waiting for something from me, do speak up (as always).

I could continue with Adam, but paused where I did in case you wanted to speak for Sally about hte Phee-Gee job. I imagine that it is not-Shadowrun related, and thus, particularly uninteresting... but didn't really want to make up the details myself if you had had something planned. biggrin.gif

Elsewise, he'll certainly try to take care of it for Jeff and Sally, but will then start worrying about aquiring some gear (like a few others around here) and getting back in contact with the mob. Yay, go mob.
adamu
Ankle Biter

I'll PM you right now with your karma history.
adamu
BlackHat

Your post makes me wonder whether you got my latest PM.....
BlackHat
*looks up*
Lol, nope. Stupid email not reminding me! wink.gif
adamu
BlackHat

So you've got it now? Good. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Konsaki
I have to admit, since I dont have to worry about waiting on a post from adamu right now, I have enjoyed reading the stories of all the other characters. Reading about how your characters looks have changed, if they did, or changes in the personalities has made me start to think of how Caittie will react to your characters when/if we meet up.
Though I have to remember that what I know and what Caittie knows is two entirely different things. biggrin.gif

I wish to give a grand "Great Job" to everyone on thier great writing skill and storytelling. Its a real good read.
BlackHat
QUOTE (adamu)
So you've got it now? Good. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thoughts transmitted. smile.gif Will attempt to pay more attention to the top-right corner of my screen.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

I was in the mood to make a Moral-Roll to convince Manolo and make him feel better (and also to make sure, he dosnŽt do something dumb while away, though this is not really my concern). Of cause the roll seems a bit rediculous, with all the modifires, but IŽll make it anyway. IŽm also not sure if some of the mods - rank mostly - should aply for this kind of task (as usual just drop them, if you think they donŽt).

[ Spoiler ]

As for my next steps. IŽll contact Rhiannon monday morning and try to arange for a vacation (4 or 5 days, probably right after compleating the scuddar task) in Wales with her having some more time.
The week will be spend to wrap up the Scuddar task (regular schadull). If there are issues again, I might use the day after that (sunday), to make the full expert chack of my sleepregulater (using up a full day), just to be safe (though these guys will have a bit less access to my psychological history).
If Rhiannon has time (need not be all day, every day), IŽll then hop to Wales on Sunday (or Monday) and stay for 5 (or 4) days.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Konsaki)
I have to admit, since I dont have to worry about waiting on a post from adamu right now, I have enjoyed reading the stories of all the other characters. Reading about how your characters looks have changed, if they did, or changes in the personalities has made me start to think of how Caittie will react to your characters when/if we meet up.
Though I have to remember that what I know and what Caittie knows is two entirely different things. biggrin.gif

I wish to give a grand "Great Job" to everyone on thier great writing skill and storytelling. Its a real good read.

Think about the moment when Caittie might realize Adam is/was working for the mob... or that Harriet is a cop killer extraordinaire... talk about conflict.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (adamu)
MK Ultra

Okay dude, do any IC stuff you want until the 15th.
OR
Just skip ahead to then and let me know what your next work project will be, etc.

2nd wave, John

IŽll do an IC about the week later.
Konsaki
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Sep 28 2006, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Konsaki @ Sep 28 2006, 08:40 AM)
Though I have to remember that what I know and what Caittie knows is two entirely different things.  biggrin.gif

Think about the moment when Caittie might realize Adam is/was working for the mob... or that Harriet is a cop killer extraordinaire... talk about conflict.

Yeah, you got that right. The hard part is trying to figure the correct RP response when she finds out. If it is right at the first meet of the team, it will be alot different than if we had ran a few times.
Though some of those things about your characters wont be just a, "Hi, nice to meet you. Did you know I work for the mob/I kill cops?" rotfl.gif
JDragon
Angus / Rocky - Second Wave

Ok, so meeting is done.

Need to find a place to stay, locally hopefully and see if I can keep fighting off the need for the pills.

I know I'm at -2 on checks right now, is that going to get worse before I start making more addiction checks?

Also do I know of anything I can do to help with the withdrawl?

Let me know whats next. nyahnyah.gif

JD
adamu
JDragon

Finding super sleazy hotels/coffin hotels in this part of town is no problem. How safe they are - you pretty much make your own security.

Touristville is just 20 or 30 mins walk from Crusher - safe as houses, but lots of cops, too.

Don't worry too much about that stuff for now. Your main goal is to get through the next five days and stay clean.

Your test for the 9th will be at -2. The test on the 10th will be at -3.

Of course you are encouraged to find ways to get some positive modifiers. Good IC posts could help, or maybe you've got something you think is applicable among your knowledge skills. Or just roll great dice. Good luck.

Once we get through those two days of physical withdrawal, we will go from there.
Abbandon
First Wave, Cerberus

Sorry I havent been saying anything ooc when i finish with IC posts but i dont think your waiting for me to do anything except maybe investigating my attempted murder which will be the next post i make.

Today i switched from dial-up to DSL lite(half speed) which involved getting some fancy external modem gizmo. I almost couldnt get it working but everything seems to be working fine now but if i go AWOL you now know why. (sadly i cant figure out how to hook my ps2 up to it so i can play games onlines frown.gif )

That ate a good chunk of my day which i usually use for posting. I know you want me to be ready by next week but I might not make it. I dont really have anything left to do except recieve my shipment of weapons/armor and maybe investigate my attempted murder. Which shouldnt take long with my awesome role playing skills (sarcasm).
adamu
Abbandon

First off, good luck with your computer - I obviously know what a pain that can be.

As for no OOC posts, if you've got no biz to post, don't post. Hasn't been a problem.

I really think you will have no problem being ready to go by sometime next week. From what we have discussed, you need
A) a potentially very quick post to pick up gear
B) a potentially quick post to indicate some time passing, and generally how you fill your days.
C) any investigating you want to do. The thing is, that really is not going to be a real big deal. It's not like you are going to head off and find out the whole mystery and round up and torture the culprits. (That's all for much later in the campaign!) It's more like, if you want, some judicious inquiries - direct or indirect - into some of the questions Kyle didn't have answers for. Maybe get a little more info to work over in your mind over the next little while. Maybe not. This part is strictly up to you. If you choose to move forward with it, just make the inquiries and I'll get right back to you.

adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, you have established Manolo's loyalty to you - it shouldn't be a concern.

You perceive no trouble with the sleep regulator for the rest of the week.

Calls from Manolo routine.

Rhiannon can spend some time with you next week.

Scudder thing wrapped without a hitch.

I am ICing you on the flight over on the 17th.

To avoid Q&A posting about your staff disposition, I simply decided that you are in First Class, but they are all in Business Class.
adamu
Everyone

Just a heads up - I will be online for about 4-6 hours tomorrow morning. At least from 7-11 am Tokyo time. So anything you get posted by then I will be responding to. And if anyone happens to be online at that time, we can get a lot of work done together. (I know that time is Friday night for most of you - certainly not suggesting you game instead of go out - but if you do find yourself stuck at home....)
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Ah, thanks. I intended to do a summary IC of the week, but got stuck reading stuff. I wasnŽt going to post anything important anyway.

IŽll put up an IC on the flight in a few. Just as a heads up, IŽll ajust my eyes to the darkness, fasten my seatbelt, put on the breather and than link my glasses to the planes emergancy ARO, load emergency procedures knowsofts (a must to have on memory on every flight) and then take a look to my seat neighbours and help them if necessary.

BTW, the decision you PMed for myself to make is a tough cooky, because I enjoy this game-mode so much nyahnyah.gif Anyway, we are on the right way, just in small steps. John feels responsible for his employees first and any outsiders second, so IŽll at least try to pull through with all the tasks before cracking wink.gif

EDIT: A composure test might be in order...

[ Spoiler ]
DireRadiant
I probably missed this if it was covered already. Are we able to spend karma yet?
Ankle Biter
I would guess so, as I have already been cleared to...

[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
While you can spend karma, you have to PM adamu with any requests so he can review/aprove it.
I'll say that I've spent a good bit of karma already on Caittie, if you read the IC thread recently. I plan on saving up for the next big step though, for my character.
JDragon
Angus / Rocky - Second Wave

IC post getting me to a coffin motel close by is done, also got some more food & water.

Not sure if my IC stuff will be enough to get me any mods on the addiction rolls or not.

The one thing I was wondering is if my high pain tolerance would help any with the withdrawl stuff?

I'm going to try to be on this evening for a little while after work so maybe the timing will work out.

Also I was able to borrow Street magic last night and have determined what I want to do with my remaining .5 for adept powers. Page 177 Street Magic - Inertia Strike - cost 0.5 / add half strength to damage done for determining Knockdown.

Let me know if you need anything else, I'll do my rolls once I have the info from above. nyahnyah.gif

JD
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

I changed the order of actions a bit as I found more appropriate from what I posted OOC.
I wonŽt have any of my key people with me, they are working in Boston (except for Manolo, whoŽs at the clinic). There will probably be one secretary/assistent and one buttler/bodyguard from RFS-Boston however (additional security detail from RFS London would be schadulled to await us there - probably along with someone from Harlech).
adamu
JDragon

Okay, noted your new adept power.

We'll say +1 die for your roleplaying efforts, and +1 die for your pain tolerance.

So you are looking at a total mod of 0 for the 9th and -1 die for the 10th.

JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Addiction tests for 8/9/71 & 8/10/71

Addiction Tests
Body (8) - Addiction (4) = 4 dice
8/9/70 3, 2, 1, 4 = 0 hit / 1 Pills taken

No withdrawl since Took pill on 9th for test on 10th.

8/10/70 1, 4, 5, 2 = 1 hits / 0 Pills taken

JD
adamu
JDragon

Okay, so no more physical withdrawal until the 14th. Your meet with Smithers is on the 13th (Wednesday). So you'll just need regular tests (if you want to try and get back on the wagon) until then. I have nothing till then. Unless you do, post IC going to the meet with him.
JDragon
Angus - Second Wave

Addiction tests for 8/11 - 813

Addiction Tests
8/11/70 5, 4, 6, 2 = 2 hits / 0 Pills taken

8/12/70 4, 4, 3, 2 = 0 hit / 1 Pills taken

8/13/70 5, 3, 3, 6 = 2 hits / 0 Pills taken

Ok, tests for addiction.

I don't have anything else I can think of for the time before the meeting, so I'll do some IC to get to that.

JD

adamu
Blue Rondo
Yeah, you work there, so you know exactly how to get into the main files for your mother's office terminal from her commlink.
BlueRondo
Hey Adam. Looks like I'm stuck at home tonight - maybe we can get a bunch of stuff done.

Since you've already established that I know how to access the files, should you make the next IC post? I can't post any farther than "She accesses the files" without knowing what to find there.
adamu
MK Ultra

The next thing I'll have will be with your cousin. Was going to start that, but didn't know if you wanted to post something in London. So post something very short of long as you like taking us up to a conversation with her.
adamu
Blue Rondo

Well, I'll be here for at least another 90 minutes. Maybe longer, depending on when the wife is ready to go out.

Okay, you will access the files and there is, like, a HUGE menu of stuff. You are fairly familiar with what's there in general, though you don't know what sort of file your mother was referring to. You have all the passcodes - this isn't hacking, per se, but not knowing what you're looking for makes it tricky. The system has a Browse 4 feature.
Why don't you give me some idea of exactly what you are looking for. If it is specific, like, 'is there a file called xxx?' I can give you a yes or no on as many such questions as you'd care to ask.

If you want to do a more general test based on content, use your Data Search + Browse 4 to make a perception test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012