Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Vegas
Adamu

S'all good. I need to step back from the computer and enjoy the awesome spring day we're having anyway... plus family obligations n' taxes n' stuff too. Something might come to me while I'm gone, maybe there's an accountant/CPA she can strangle somewhere nearby? wink.gif

Thank god for 3-day weekends!
Vegas
One more thing... is the timestamp in the last post correct? it took 49 minutes to get her from the roof of the warehouse and through the line of cops/kids? biggrin.gif
MK Ultra
For catching stuff, I guess Agility+Reaction is most apropriate. That would be 4 hits.

[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan
Dude.... You don't need to roll for that kind of stuf....
MK Ultra
Of corse, but I like to, to have the posibility of fumbling, even when it is unlikely wink.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
One more thing... is the timestamp in the last post correct? it took 49 minutes to get her from the roof of the warehouse and through the line of cops/kids? biggrin.gif

No - sorry - I set the time stamp when I thought I was going to IC all the way to the hotel. But then I got tired....I'll fix it on my end.
MK Ultra
My first pick for astral recon would be the homeless shelter. All others we know of yet (AFAIK only PatriciaŽs home and office, as well as Chaotic Serenity) probably have some magical security (well CS might not have, but then again John is paranoid and suspects possible Mantide-Involvement in any females-only group biggrin.gif).
MK Ultra
Maybe a artisan+intuition+Edit (the utility is 5, but IŽd happily buy an update to level 6 online for 100 nuyen on the spot), with 'working from memory' modifire (which is probably 0 with CarlaŽs Logic+PhotoMem).
MK Ultra
If Carla accepts, her com will be subscribed as a control-device (no full user account) for the Edit Utility.
adamu
Vegas

He'll keep talking if you let him. Just paused so you could speak if you are so inclined.
adamu
EVERYONE

Just a directorial note -

Etain is ahead of everyone in time. We would eventually like to fix that.

To that end, I will continue to respond as quickly as possible to anything any of the four of you do - want to keep you all actively playing. But in terms of game time, I am dragging Vegas' timeline out, but would like to see things roll along with the rest of you.

Now, what I am NOT doing is criticizing ANYTHING anyone is doing -everyone has been roleplaying wonderfully and gaming skilfully. What I am doing is trying to manipulate time to reach my goals whenever I can do so without sacrificing game quality.

Specifically - normally Etain's father would have spewed out one longass monologue - that's artificial, but it keeps things moving - cuts post cycles. But the current situation allows a much more realistic give and take dialogue, keeps Vegas in play, and makes her game time go really slowly.

On the other hand, I am NOT criticizing you for caution - that is all up to you how fast you take things. But I do want to let you know that as a game master I am open to certain shortcuts - just until the four of you are all hooked up. That means that if you go somewhere, just get there - you don't have to wait for me to say if you got there safely.
If you are doing something for which the rules are clear in the book - if it's not a big huge thing just take it as resolved and proceed.
Don't worry about jumping over my chance to insert something - I can do that anytime. Just proceed with actions until you actually NEED information from me - like what the NPC says or what you see at a certain location.
BlueRondo
Sounds good, Adamu.

By the way, what kind of test do you want us to run for drawing a portrait of Esmeralda?
adamu
BlueRondo

MK's suggestion is pretty close to my thinking, though a little more generous - the standard for most computer actions in SR4 seems tobe Skill + Program - so use Artisan + Edit. As he said - no penalty for working from memory since you have photographic memory. If the two of you do it together, use the Teamwork rules in the BBB.
MK Ultra
Adamu & BlueRondo

AŽght, I asume we are going to leave the bar oneway or the other, to work on a picture at some place or the other - It occured to me, that an extended test might be apropriate for this task, but since you didnŽt say so ...
Before we start work on this thing, IŽll visit a cash-machine, to exchange 100 nuyen.gif of cash into electronic funds and buy an upgrade for my Edit (instant download, but coming with a chip-version delivered -which I will actually pick up at the store eventually, instead of having it send to my home).

Teamwork-Roll: 1 hit, which means +1 extra die for CarlaŽs Edit+Artisan Roll
[ Spoiler ]

What IŽm going to do next, depends on how long this task will take. While we are working on it, IŽll do some more Datasearches ...

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK Ultra

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Vegas

Okay, you can end the conversation or just note in your IC that he signs off. Whatever.

Barring playing out an escape, you will not be allowed to leave the suite. They will BOTH be watching you at ALL times, one in Astral Perception, one not (if you sleep, they may alternate naps). The exception is the suite's master bathroom, which has everything you could want, but there are no windows and only the one door.

Anything you might want they will have room service bring up for you, though no visitors. And they won't give you your comm or let you make calls.

If you try to astrally project, just start it IC and I will pick up from there.

Note that the Novacoke will last for seven hours from the time you took it. The Bliss is already almost gone (leaving you vaguely craving more).
Once that Novacoke wears off - so from close to 11 am and then up to around 6 pm, you will be at half willpower and 1 charisma - Nova users come down pretty hard.

No one will try to hold you to the time you said you would call your father back.

So those are your parameters. From here the time is basically yours to do with as you will. Let me know or cue me up if you need anything.
Mister Juan
MK
Just wondering; what exactly is the list of locations Conall is to scout... and what notes, if any, did Krait write on them?
Vegas
Adamu

Wow, didn't even SEE your post here till after I had written and posted the latest post. Heh, good thing I was being a little psychic wink.gif

Just having her cast makeover while in the shower, probably drew a little attention from which ever Coz was watching her in the Astral, but nothing too serious.

I had already had all the good post-drug mechanics added to her Wiki page and in my head ahead of time, but thanks for the heads up as well.

Honestly, not 100% certain where I want to go with this at the moment, obviously not in any major rush since we're still waiting for the trio to catch up in IC time. I fully plan on having her do that soul searching, spending lots of time out on the balcony, or as far away from the Coz's as she can without trying to run (for the time being). Expect some posts with her calling to her mentor spirit, (don't know if you want to play that with some back and forth or if I can just run with it) and who knows what else I can come up with.

Makeover, Force 5
Magic (5) + Spellcasting (5) = 10 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 [5] [5] [5] Hits:5

Drain Resist, (5/2) = 2
Charisma (5) + Willpower (4) = 9 dice
1 3 [6] [5] 3 [6] [6] 1 [6] Hits:5
adamu
Vegas

90% of mentor spirit interaction is on the players. If I want to jump in, I will. But aside from the bonuses they provide, mentors don't actually DO anything, so do what you want with it.
Vegas
Adamu

Fair enough, just checking first boss wink.gif
MK Ultra
Mister Juan

I asumed the only physical locations we know by now are PatriciaŽs Offices and Home, as well as the Caotic Serenity place and Chiaki TakakuwaŽs homeless shelter.
Krait will suggest taking a look at the shelter first, because it probably has no magical security and thuss the least chance of discovery. PatriciaŽs home and offices probably have high-lifestyle security, which might include some magical countermeasures - also he things those places are not as likely to provide any hint, as the others. The CS site is interesting, but Krait would rather do some more research on the group, to make sure they are not supported by some magic-heavy feminist group, that might make astral recon risky.
With another night of datasearch, we should get some more places to check out.

Adamu

So, how long dos it take to try generating a picture of Esmeralda?
IŽll IC roughly 30 minutes into the Editing, because I feel thatŽs the least it should take. The first searche IŽll put up during that interval is to find out more about that neighborhood boy, that used to be hot on Esmeralda or something, so I can give the results to Carla right away.
Next would be separate datasearches for the three Chiakis, starting with Takakuwa & her shelter (2 Searches).
Some special items IŽm interested in besides the general stuff:
What Order Sister Chiaki belongs to (also, dos Carla know what Order Esmeralda belongs to)? My best guess for both would be Carmelites, due to their emphasis on healing and charety. Has Sister Chiaki ever visited EsmeraldaŽs parish or vice versa? If I get a picture - has Carla ever seen her around the neighborhood?
Where dos the money for the shelter come from? Has it ever been linked to something criminal or shadowy (or was something supiciously hushed up)? What kind of folks frequent it and what services dos it offer to them?

Oh and what are the metatypes of the people I did searches on so far - as far as I know them?

IŽm buying the search-hits as usual and since we are on fast forward a bit, I wonŽt do my usual perception- and loose tails-rolls, unless you ask me to.

BlueRondo

If I donŽt manage to post my IC today (quiet possible - I only have so much time left before heading out again), feel free to IC as far ahead as you like. BTW if you have the time, it wouldbe coolif you can makeup some details about Sister Ophelia, that might have turned up in my previous search on her, just for flavour if nothing else.
BlueRondo
Adamu

We're using the teamwork roll MK posted for making the picture, right? If so, how would you describe the success of her picture? Is it a fabulous work of art, or just barely recognizable?
MK Ultra
BlueRondo

To do teamwork, everyone in the group has to roll. For every hit of one assisting person, the lead-person gets one extra die for the roll. Only the hits from that leadpersons modified roll count directly for calculating success.
If I overlooked your roll, IŽm sorry frown.gif

Since Carla is the one who knows how Esmeralda looks and since she is unlikely to be worst at artisan then me (unskilled) -and also since I hapened to roll first-, I thought she would probably be lead person and John just assisting.

So youŽve got to roll Edit(6)+Artisan(-1 if unskilled)+Teamwork(1).
BlueRondo
Ah, my bad. I thought teamwork rolls were done with just one roll, where each assistant added +1 die to the pool. Here's my roll then.

Edit(6)+Artisan (-1)+Teamwork(1) = 5, 6, 3, 3, 4, 3 = 2 hits.
MK Ultra
This is only the case for First Aid & Perception (as well as some social resistance rolls, IIRC) rolls - I donŽt know why they made that these two different mechanics, probably to cut down the dice-rolling for test they thought would occure more often.

2 hits is not bad for two fellas with absolutly no skill nyahnyah.gif
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Mar 31 2007, 08:49 AM)

Adamu

So, how long dos it take to try generating a picture of Esmeralda?
IŽll IC roughly 30 minutes into the Editing, because I feel thatŽs the least it should take. The first searche IŽll put up during that interval is to find out more about that neighborhood boy, that used to be hot on Esmeralda or something, so I can give the results to Carla right away.

ADAMU - 30 minutes is fine.
A data search on the neighborhood boy reveals almost no hard location data, since the neighborhood hardly even has addresses - there just aren't a lot of records.  But on the neighborhood chat boards you find enough info on the boy (make up whatever you want) that when you tell Carla, she will know exactly who he is and how to find him.

Next would be separate datasearches for the three Chiakis, starting with Takakuwa & her shelter (2 Searches).
Some special items IŽm interested in besides the general stuff:
What Order Sister Chiaki belongs to (also, dos Carla know what Order Esmeralda belongs to)? My best guess for both would be Carmelites, due to their emphasis on healing and charety.

ADAMU - Okay, Carmelites it is.

Has Sister Chiaki ever visited EsmeraldaŽs parish or vice versa?

ADAMU - not that you know of.

If I get a picture - has Carla ever seen her around the neighborhood?

ADAMU - sure, you get a picture.  Carla hasn't seen her.

Where dos the money for the shelter come from?

ADAMU - Half from the Church.  A little from the city to subsidize easing the municipal load.  Some from various corps - notably FB and IngersollBerkeley.

Has it ever been linked to something criminal or shadowy (or was something supiciously hushed up)?

ADAMU - Not that you find.

What kind of folks frequent it and what services dos it offer to them?

ADAMU - the kind of people that have nowhere else to go.  Not trying to be a smartass - just saying, you find nothing special.

Oh and what are the metatypes of the people I did searches on so far - as far as I know them?

ADAMU - Everyone is human unless otherwise stated.  Naturally some of the zillion names you are coming up with you have not yet done specific searches on so you don't know in many cases.  But everyone I describe in any detail is human unless I say otherwise, or unless I'm being mysterious, like Traininvain, for instance.
You also get pix on the other two Chiakis, and addresses and commcodes. 
I'm not going to post Chiaki pix, cuz one's already up, and so it would give away the answer of which one Esmeralda knows/knew.

IŽm buying the search-hits as usual and since we are on fast forward a bit, I wonŽt do my usual perception- and loose tails-rolls, unless you ask me to.

ADAMU - fine - you don't see any tails when you are not with Carla.  You did see some Hispanic youth lurking at Meg's when you got your cab, and you are pretty sure they were watching you.

See in-line responses.

The picture is good enough that you have a general idea of what she looks like, and you will usually know if someone is NOT her. But you couldn't pull her out of a lineup of people with basically comparable features with it.
MK Ultra
Mister Juan

Say, do you remember me/John giving a message to Conall similar to the one in the quotes, which I gave to Carla, only with the established account changed? If so, what was the account? I planed to do so, but it might have sliped off my head. If I didnŽt allready do so, the Credstick holding the info will also hold this message for you and IŽll make up a new account-name. I think I intended to use Snakebane @ ApeScape, password: 373-493 (if I actually used another name, please tell me, so I can use/edit-in that one in my upcomming IC).

My Streetname is Krait, just for references, but please keep calling me Frank in public and just chummer, pal or mate on the com. You can reach me via voicemail under BlueBeard@BloodyFloor or post under the lable Marry-Jane @ ApeScape (the password is Spindelmannen), my handle there is Thade.
BTW I also provide more mundane technical services like electronics modifications, upgrades and repair for negotiatable fares.
adamu
Wow - I guess everyone is really busy...

Obviously that happens.

Just sort of checking to see if there is anything anyone needs from me.

Mister Juan - near as I can tell you have location suggestions and everything else you need to get started on the astral scouting you had talked about.

BlueRondo, as indicated, Krait's research gives you all the information you need on the boy with the picture - you see him hanging out on the street every day, so if you want to approach him about a photo, he won't be hard to find.
Lots of details already provided in the IC, and any other details you need you can make up however you like.
Then when (and if you choose to) make contact, I will handle him IC from there.

MK Ultra - don't know exactly what you plan to do next. If you actually want to RP your meeting with your online date, kick that off and I'll run her for a bit, see if it goes anywhere constructive.
Or just write it in as done, and do whatever else you want.

Not trying to hurry people if you are busy with other things - just trying to make sure you have everything you need to proceed.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Mister Juan
Adamu
I'm back to the world of the living. Trying to type up a rather long post right now. What I'll do is I'll write up everything like I mentioned earlier to you, and I'll just stop at the first actual recon.

Post coming soon.

MK
Yea, Conall already had that info. Krait gave it to him while at Esmeralda's place.
Mister Juan
Setting up a Force 4 Ward
Time taken: 4 hours
Drain taken: 4S
Hits:5
Force 4 Ward up for 5 weeks

Vegas
Eeeek! Adamu has broken the space/time continuum! *hides*

I think the timestamp on your last post in Second Wave should be something around Monday 8/11/70 19:27:35'ish or so... biggrin.gif

Post is forthcoming. There's just this stupid 5 hours of work that's gonna come between where it is in my head and actually appearing here on the forums wink.gif

EDIT: ok, nevermind that 5 hour wait. Amazing what one can crank out while waiting to go to work and is uninterrupted...

adamu
Egad - edited and apologetic.
MK Ultra
I can probably find time to post tomorrow (have to watch 300 tonight). No need to play out the club-date in detail - from my side. It just serves to make John memorable, so he can keep up the contact and maybe could develope Belinda into a steady conection further down the road. So, since we all want to get the group together, IŽd rather not dwell on this meeting too much.
IŽll spend quiet some time getting that decryption toy (and of course doing some more searches - you knew that was coming ;p). Posting what exactly IŽm planing to do +rolls and some IC tomorrow.
Mister Juan
Conjuring Spirit of the Beast
Force 3 (Optional Power: Noxious Breath)
Hits:4
Spirit's hits:2
Service: 2

Drain: 4S
Hits:3
Drain taken: 1S

Current Condition: 5S, 0P
adamu
Mister Juan

See PM for information about your target location.
adamu
BlueRondo

Sorry -
not sure whether you last IC post is my cue to have you run into the boy, or if you plan another IC post later in which you find him....
BlueRondo
No, no - I just didn't want to post too far into the future in case one of the other characters planned on contacting Carla before the afternoon (or in case you had any events planned.) I'll post another IC post later today.
Vegas
Adamu

I'm assuming the stripping of Etain's name will take place almost immediately with her father's pull and connections. Should I basically start treating her as SINless immediately, or is there some nebulous "in-between" that she surfs for a short duration while things are updated/put into place?
MK Ultra
Adamu
Ok, here are my projected activeties for roughly the next 24 hours. IŽll use multitasking & sleepregulator to 'work' doubleshift, though not all ofit willbe work.

-Starting right away (though only via the matrix at first), IŽll begin looking for a used but original Decryption 3 (6R, 1200 nuyen.gif, 2 days interval) on the black market. To make it more interesting, IŽll roll dice instead of just buying hits. Though the interval is only 50% over after 24 hours, IŽll roll now (see spoiler below), to get a feeling how the search is running into the IC. This is the '1st shift', all other activeties are running on the '2nd shift'.
-Go to some secure location (probably another coffin-club concert). Watching for & loosing tails on the way (IŽll spare us the rolls, ask if you want some).
-Meeting Belinda in the virtual Inferno (IŽll be fashionably late by ~5 to 10 minutes, due to customizing my Persona-Icon a bit - all off-the-shelf stuff, though) and spending the night partying with her (till 3 or 4 in the morning, maybe 5 or 6, depending on how much fun it is for her). I scored 3 hits on a general Etiquette test (see spoiler).
-In between IŽll send the Agent on another few datasearch (buying hits as usual).
-after the club-date, IŽll go home (in the usual paranoid way, but IŽll spare us the rolls again). There (arriving somewhere between 4 and 7 in the morning), IŽll screen the datasearch-results and maybe send the agent on some follow-ups. After that IŽll get some sleep (4 hours at most).
-IŽll then pick up the search for the Decrypt again and invest the remaining work-hours of '2nd shift' (5 maybe?) to start cracking my Electronic Warfare 4 Autosoft (buying hits, this should be done in 10 hours, so IŽll have done 50% of the work by the evening of 08/06/70.
-At that point -IŽm planing to IC till then, in my upcoming post (probably not up before tonight)- IŽll send the requested update to Carla (and to Conall) and ask if she was successfull to find a picture.

Rolls...
[ Spoiler ]

Planty of IC time for datasearches, but only so much RL time, so IŽll detail only the next few searches now. I anounced the very next would be about the two remaining ChiakiŽs, but before that, IŽll do one about Belinda.

Belinda
-Any other names (or even her RL name) if I can find out.
-Which online-sorces is she active on.
-List of users she regularly interacts with.
-Any information she (or someone else) posted about her RL (residence, job, hobbies, single or not, age, metatype, pictures, etc.)

Chiaki Suzuki
-You allready said IŽll find pictures, comcodes and addresses (which IŽll send to Conall at once.
-Also I know there are no hits for her on the 'dark eating disorder sites', how about related or opposed sites or forum topics
-Dos she have any corporate connections?
-Who pays for her studies?
-Dos she have any relatives in Seattle?
-Dos she live alone?
-Is she single?
-Any charitable work?
-All the usual stuff like age, hobbies, religious or not, etc.

Chiaki Swanson
-Basically the same as above, as far as it aplies.
-List of her current and former students.

Zaphyr (the porn-star)
-All the regular stuff (I wonŽt sample her product, though) about her past and present, of course. specificall:
-Who holds her contract (and who held it in the past).
-Which underworld contacts dos she suposedly have.
-Who is her greatest nerd-fan in Seattle and all over the world.
-Dos she actively work against eating disorders (or maybe supports them similar to the 'dark sites'?).
-Dos she have any issues with feminist groups (beyond the expected).
-List of names (actors, producers, regiseurs, managers, etc.) she worked with
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas)
Adamu

I'm assuming the stripping of Etain's name will take place almost immediately with her father's pull and connections. Should I basically start treating her as SINless immediately, or is there some nebulous "in-between" that she surfs for a short duration while things are updated/put into place?

That's about the size of it. Electronically, you don't exist.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
Adamu
Ok, here are my projected activeties for roughly the next 24 hours. IŽll use multitasking & sleepregulator to 'work' doubleshift, though not all ofit willbe work.

-Starting right away (though only via the matrix at first), IŽll begin looking for a used but original Decryption 3 (6R, 1200 nuyen.gif, 2 days interval) on the black market. To make it more interesting, IŽll roll dice instead of just buying hits. Though the interval is only 50% over after 24 hours, IŽll roll now (see spoiler below), to get a feeling how the search is running into the IC. This is the '1st shift', all other activeties are running on the '2nd shift'.
-Go to some secure location (probably another coffin-club concert). Watching for & loosing tails on the way (IŽll spare us the rolls, ask if you want some).
-Meeting Belinda in the virtual Inferno (IŽll be fashionably late by ~5 to 10 minutes, due to customizing my Persona-Icon a bit - all off-the-shelf stuff, though) and spending the night partying with her (till 3 or 4 in the morning, maybe 5 or 6, depending on how much fun it is for her). I scored 3 hits on a general Etiquette test (see spoiler).
-In between IŽll send the Agent on another few datasearch (buying hits as usual).

ADAMU - Belinda is moderately fun (I guess - personally I am not imaginative enough to envision having that much fun at a virtual club), but I don't think Krait is likely to enjoy her company all that much - she is intelligent, but the only culture she knows is Seattle-ized Colombian folk culture and the 2070 equivalent of American Idol. And she has virtually no formal education.
But SHE seems to have a good time.

-after the club-date, IŽll go home (in the usual paranoid way, but IŽll spare us the rolls again). There (arriving somewhere between 4 and 7 in the morning), IŽll screen the datasearch-results and maybe send the agent on some follow-ups. After that IŽll get some sleep (4 hours at most).
-IŽll then pick up the search for the Decrypt again and invest the remaining work-hours of '2nd shift' (5 maybe?) to start cracking my Electronic Warfare 4 Autosoft (buying hits, this should be done in 10 hours, so IŽll have done 50% of the work by the evening of 08/06/70.
-At that point -IŽm planing to IC till then, in my upcoming post (probably not up before tonight)- IŽll send the requested update to Carla (and to Conall) and ask if she was successfull to find a picture.

Rolls...
[ Spoiler ]

Planty of IC time for datasearches, but only so much RL time, so IŽll detail only the next few searches now. I anounced the very next would be about the two remaining ChiakiŽs, but before that, IŽll do one about Belinda.

Belinda
-Any other names (or even her RL name) if I can find out.

ADAMU - Belinda (list of Catholic middle names) Carillo

-Which online-sorces is she active on.

ADAMU - usual variety of Yahoo/MySpace/Celeb Gossip stuff - nothing feminist, political, or criminal.

-List of users she regularly interacts with.

ADAMU - whatever - you find some names.

-Any information she (or someone else) posted about her RL (residence, job, hobbies, single or not, age, metatype, pictures, etc.)

ADAMU - revealing RL contact info would get someone ostracized on the Matrix - but you get more confirmation that she lives in Carla's neighborhood. You get pictures of her. Human, 19 yrs, not married, no job or discernible source of income, likes to hang out online and party).
She seems fairly streetwise in a naive the-neighborhood-is-the-whole-world kind of way. Obviously associates with Los Locos boys.

Chiaki Suzuki
-You allready said IŽll find pictures, comcodes and addresses (which IŽll send to Conall at once.
-Also I know there are no hits for her on the 'dark eating disorder sites', how about related or opposed sites or forum topics

ADAMU - no political or feminist activity.

-Dos she have any corporate connections?
-Who pays for her studies?
-Dos she have any relatives in Seattle?

ADAMU - parents are Hideki and Kumiko Suzuki, both employed at MCT, living in Seattle. No info on their jobs without doing some hacking. In 99% of these cases, they will be paying her educational expenses themselves, but with substantial subsidies from MCT. But that is just the norm.

-Dos she live alone?

ADAMU - Hard to say. No way to confirm either way, as there are online hints and mentions of roommates, but those could be personal security plants...or they could be true.

-Is she single?

ADAMU - lots of mentions of guys, but in an immature, school-girl way.

-Any charitable work?

ADAMU - NO.

-All the usual stuff like age, hobbies, religious or not, etc.

ADAMU - 20 yrs, hobbies are sleeping, hanging out with friends, talking to boys, shopping, practicing Spanish. No religion you can see.

Chiaki Swanson
-Basically the same as above, as far as it aplies.

ADAMU - 45 yrs - married to Dick Swanson, a fireman. They have one child, male, 13 yrs. She enjoys playing the harp, which she does semi-professionally with local symphonies, and she also gives lessons.

-List of her current and former students.

ADAMU - that's a secure data base - gotta hack the community college.

Zaphyr (the porn-star)
-All the regular stuff (I wonŽt sample her product, though) about her past and present, of course. specificall:

ADAMU - Official bio is along the lines of: Healthy happy upbringing, but always rebelled against societal norms, especially with regard to oppressive sexual rules. Realized she was bisexual at the age of four. In college, made an informed and liberated choice to enter adult industry because it would pay for her medical school tuition and besides, what job could be more fun?

Many admiring fans buy that, but other fans, the kind that enjoy but do not respect their porn idols, toss out lots of rumors that together form a very different version:
Raised by sexually abusive father, ran away from home at 13. Supported herself through prostitution, but was good-looking enough to get some vid gigs. Fit profile for ASSIST compatibility, and moved into Simsense. At peak of success, hospitalized for anorexia (about five years ago). Supposedly recovered. Now very successful again. Known for playing managers off against each other, and has been through several.
-Who holds her contract (and who held it in the past).

ADAMU - you can get a list of five former managers/labels, all Mafia connected. Recently (last two years), she has managed to go independent (very tricky if the Mob had their hooks into her so deep, but she got pretty famous, and that public exposure helps).

-Which underworld contacts dos she suposedly have.

ADAMU - she knows people in all three major Seattle Families.

-Who is her greatest nerd-fan in Seattle and all over the world.

ADAMU - you can find this easily, as both have dedicated sites they administer. The Seattle guy is the fawning type of naive fan. The guy in Italy is the mean-spirited lusts for her/despises her type. You can come up with whatever details you like on these guys.

-Dos she actively work against eating disorders (or maybe supports them similar to the 'dark sites'?).

ADAMU - she has made many public statements against the kind of 'dark sites' we have dealt with in this game. She is strongly in the camp that believes those sites actively encourage young girls to become and stay anorexic/bulimic, and considers herself a victim of such groups.
She has used this political activity to get a lot of Angelina Jolie-style publicity (the porn starlet that cares, etc). And that has probably helped her elevate her profile to the level where she can get out of the Mob's stable. Hard to say if she is sincere or not.

-Dos she have any issues with feminist groups (beyond the expected).

ADAMU - see above.

-List of names (actors, producers, regiseurs, managers, etc.) she worked with

ADAMU - whatever - go for it.

See in-line response.
adamu
First Wave time stamps are a bit off.

All three of you are (correctly) on 8/6 (August 6th), but that is a Wednesday.
Sorry to be anal, but I do have fantasies of all the different timelines coming into sync, so we need to stay accurate. Thanks.
BlueRondo
Adamu

Realized she was bisexual at the age of four.

Holy crap!

Anyway, here's a Carla's Spanish role for speaking to the boy.

Spanish (2) + Intuition (4) + Latin/2 (2) = 5, 1, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2: 4 hits
adamu
obviously no problem speaking Spanish today.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Oh, Carla's also trying to be friendly with the boy - she doesn't want to come across as interrogating him. Here's an influence roll:

Leadership (2) + Charisma (3) + NPC is friendly? (2) + Authority Figure (+1) = 8 dice: 6, 2, 5, 2, 1, 1, 3, 4: 2 hits.
Vegas
Adamu

Rolls for spells and summoning
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Conjuring a Watcher (Wisp)
Hits: 5
Bringing the number of hours of Wisp's life down to 1.
Drain: 1S
Hits:6
No Drain
adamu
Mister Juan

Whole place is a level one domain (in other words, your Magic rating drops one when you are in here).
Mister Juan
Adamu
When you say the whole place, you mean Carla's?
If so, I'll know for future reference... and I'll add it in my IC.
BlueRondo
Adamu

Would you say built-in cameras are a pretty standard feature for commlinks (like they are on cell-phones these days)? I'm just wondering in case the boy doesn't want to give up his picture, in which case Carla could simply take a picture of the picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012