Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting Bottom
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
adamu
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Adamu
I'll make your life easier: I would want something in the line of a rating 3 or 4 fake ID for Conall. I know this, but Conall doesnt wink.gif

That does make my life easier, but even I was not aware that a fake ID was all you were looking for, so Mr. Chu certainly doesn't know...
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu)
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 19 2007, 02:32 PM)
Hey Adamu,

know you said things are a bit crazy for you at the moment.. but did you get my PM? Things are still a little wonky on my end and I just wanted to be sure you got my questions.

biggrin.gif

Yes, but I'll admit I haven't even had time to open it yet. Will get to it ASAP.

Ok. cool beans. Looking forward to moving forward biggrin.gif
adamu
BlueRondo

Okay, once the pine scent fades, there is sort of a lingering sour scent - vomit?

Father Ortiz does have some records, but is hesitant to release them - confidentiality and all that. But perhaps he senses you are trying to do something about the situation, so he relents.
But there is precious little - she is a war orphan from Columbia (Aztlan/Columbia border fighting) raised in a convent orphanage there. They weren't real big on record-keeping, but you can get her birth date and names of her deceased parents. There are medical records, but all they show are routine vaccinations and uneventful checkups.
She took her vows at 18 and was sent to Seattle, where she has been for five years. Records stop after that. Father Ortiz and everyone else simply says she worked very hard, was almost fanatical about her religious observances, and kept to herself.
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

So in terms of time progression, Adamu, do you want me not to advance much further until Mr. Chu calls back?
adamu
That's right. Sorry to bench you, but in any case I think it will be for much less time than, say, Konsaki or pragma endured.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Ok. ICly, John is ready to contact Chu and ask for a job. I covered the downtime very vaguely only, but Iīd like to handle them OOC in a bit more detail.

Just as a start and overview.
---10.05.2070 John is officially killed and his SINīs data. He sends his overnight-bag to a similar deposit in Seattle and then is transported to Denver by the runners, where they depart.
---1st Month in Denver: John fences the paydata & gets a fake-SIN for use in Denver, as well as a middle lifestyle for that month. The rest of the time, he uses to get some software and crack his utilities. Finally, he gets another fake-SIN to trave to Seattle, after discarding the first sin from Denver.
---2nd Month in Seattle: John observes his safehouse, trys to gather some gear and gain contacts, as well as information about Mr. Chu.
---11.07.2070 John moves into his safehouse-lifestyle and starts using his safehouse-sin, discarding the 2nd SIN from Denver.

What gear and software I want to get and/or crack depends a bit if you make a decision on the SOTA-stuff and if you want to tell us about it.
How much time do I need for fencing the paydata in Denver? Should I make a roll? Iīm going to roll for the two SINs I used and discarded, too.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
2nd wave, John

Ok. ICly, John is ready to contact Chu and ask for a job. I covered the downtime very vaguely only, but Iīd like to handle them OOC in a bit more detail.

Just as a start and overview.
---10.05.2070 John is officially killed and his SINīs data. He sends his overnight-bag to a similar deposit in Seattle and then is transported to Denver by the runners, where they depart.
---1st Month in Denver: John fences the paydata & gets a fake-SIN for use in Denver, as well as a middle lifestyle for that month. The rest of the time, he uses to get some software and crack his utilities. Finally, he gets another fake-SIN to trave to Seattle, after discarding the first sin from Denver.
---2nd Month in Seattle: John observes his safehouse, trys to gather some gear and gain contacts, as well as information about Mr. Chu.
---11.07.2070 John moves into his safehouse-lifestyle and starts using his safehouse-sin, discarding the 2nd SIN from Denver.

ADAMU - all that looks fine. Doing quiet research on Mr. Chu you find that he was been a prominent fixer in the Seattle shadows for decades. Especially strong contacts in Yakuza and Triads. Not known as a nice guy, but a guy who realizes staying alive in his business means dealing straight with all of his clients.

What gear and software I want to get and/or crack depends a bit if you make a decision on the SOTA-stuff and if you want to tell us about it.

ADAMU - sorry I forgot to answer you question on SOTA - basically, there is NO SOTA mechanic in game terms in this campaign, but only because no SR4 rules have been introduced. So we all get a free ride from that hassle - but when the rules do get introduced to the SR4 system, I will use them, at which point, cracked software will be especially vulnerable.

How much time do I need for fencing the paydata in Denver? Should I make a roll?

ADAMU - Let's keep it easy and just say one game day (away from your cracking) total for all your calls and searches and maybe a few meets. I think I mentioned 50% base value on that data, so with all your keen negotiation skills, take 75%. I don't want to get bogged down in this right now - there will be plenty of time for dice and so on once you are in Seattle.

Iīm going to roll for the two SINs I used and discarded, too.

ADAMU - I don't understand... to sell them? To see if they were detected?

Let me know what you end up cracking.
Also, when you get a chance, could you PM me a Final gear and finances list - I think I have given you rulings on all your various pre- and post-Bottom assets, but I can't keep track - you have had a very complicated pre-game!

For Mr. Chu, all you have is a commcode. Go ahead and initiate contact IC when you are ready, but please make it in early August, about the same time Conall calls him. (We decided your lifestyle is paid through end-September, right? If I didn't say that I should have.)

If I missed anything, let me know. Here to help.

See in-line response...
Vegas
Adamu

I'm pulling an MK here and breaking up my posts getting Etain through the next week... One because I could write a million pages if I let myself and it would be one LONG read, two because I don't have time to write it ALL right now and three, just because biggrin.gif

The "good" stuff is forthcoming, perhaps after work smile.gif
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Oh, I meant Iīd do the Availability rolls for the fluff IDs, to see how long it takes to get them.
After rereading the rules, I noticed, that most of the time will be consumed by availability checks instead of cracking - though there will be a bit, ince I want to get rid of the skillsofts that have a link to Johnīs former life, in Denver, along with the paydata.

Denver - the realm of waiting
___11.05. Arrival in Denver, departure of runners; Loose Tails; get Albino Disguise; Loose Tails; Find a room (Fluff-Cost)
___12.05. Fence Paydata (+15.000 nuyen.gif)
___13.-14.05. Find 'Forrensics' Academic*(see spoiler) & 'Copyprotection' Professional Knowsoft 5 (each Av 4/2d; 5k nuyen.gif base; Haggling 5 & 3 hits)
___15.05. Crack Software Active Soft 3; Fence Original Software Active Soft 3 (10/6h; Av 8; 9k nuyen.gif base; Haggling 8 hits)
___16.05. Crack Running Active Soft 3; Fence Original Running Active Soft 3 (10/6h; Av 8; 9k nuyen.gif base; Haggling 9 hits)
___17.-19.05. Find 1st Denver SIN 4 + Implant License (Av 12/2d; Fluff-Cost)
___20.05.-10.06. Find Agent 6 (Av 18/7d; 15k nuyen.gif base; Haggling 7 hits) &
___20.-25.05. Find Response Chip 6 Upgrade Parts (Av 16/2d; 4k nuyen.gif or 8,125 nuyen.gif base; Haggling )
___26.05.-03.06. Find Wirreless Radio Signal 6 Upgrade Parts (Av 16/2d; 1.5k nuyen.gif or 2,355 nuyen.gif base; Haggling 4 hits)
___04.-07.06. Find 2nd Denver SIN 4 + Implant License (Av 12/2d; Fluff-Cost)
___08.-10.06. Find Electronic Warfare Autosoft 4 (Av 8/2d; 2k nuyen.gif base; Haggling 2 hits)
___11.06. Loose Tail; get Dragons Fan Disguise; discard 1st Denver SIN; Loose Tail; flight to Seattle (Fluff-Cost)

I might buy some more equipment in Denver, that is readily available, but that and what exactly Iīm doing with my time in Seattle, depends on how much money I have left.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
Mister Juan
If you were to, say, ask about work, you could meet with the others sooner than later. Hint hint.

Of course, if you have some other things you want to take care of first, that is totally cool. Not trying to rush, just letting you know the ball is in your court on joining the new team.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Ah, just a clarification and an add on, I forgot in my last post.
1. Denver as I see it, would have all software prices reduced by 10% for flooded market, but the pricecalculation, including to judge the success of my Haggling rolls is up to you of course.
2. The Comlink-Upgrades are meant for a new external comlink. I posted two different prices, because I didnīt know wether one has to pay the upgrade-cost only for the step one wants to reach, or for each step from the start to the one desired.
Also, are parts from external comlinks interchangable with those from implanted ones? I allways thought yes, bacause the comlink-ratings cost the same internal or external in SR4. The implantīs extracost in nuyen.gif and essence would then just be the DNI and power supply and the casing that holds standard components. How do you rule this?
Also, do I need a shop to put together a comlink from base components, or is a kit sufficient?
adamu
MK Ultra

Wow. You are a much more meticulous micromanager even than me! And I thought I had a lot of questions for GMs!

GREAT STUFF. Love seeing players really pour themselves into the game. I will try to keep up. Fortunately, I trust you....

Okay - Jan 22 post -
well, with a super-detailed and intricate timeline like that, you have obviously done your homework. I won't pretend I calculated and rechecked all your numbers, but looking it over pretty thoroughly, I think everything looks fine, including everything in the spoiler (although I am not sure there is such a thing as a Blackmarketeer knowsoft, but you don't need it since having the skill itself is no problem).

In previous editions there were hard numbers on what Negotiation successes might get you - I think it was 5% per success. So assume the people you deal with always get three successes, and multiply the positive or negative difference by 5% and apply to base price.

Jan 23 post -

All I have to go on is SoNA, but I see nothing to indicate a 10% discount on software in Denver. However, I am not playing in Missions, and I don't even know which continent my Denver Box Set is...so if you can quote me a canon citation to support it (like, a real number), you can have the 10% discount.

Go with the upgrade cost only this time for the commlink.
BUT - I do not think parts are interchangeable between ANY commlinks - unless they are the exact same model - okay, some of the basic optical chips might be swithable, but the hardware - the book says they weave commlinks into clothing if you want! They come in hundreds of different physical configurations, so the parts are not interchangeable.

Provided you have matching base components, a kit is sufficient for the actual unit, IF it is a standard 3D item that looks like a cellphone or a Blackberry or something. A kit is not sufficient for an exotic configuration (built into glasses, braided into hair, whatever), and it is not sufficient for more exotic hardware like haptics, skinlink, etc. For those you need a shop.

I hope that answers all your questions. Really admire and appreciate all the effort.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

I probably enjoy the down-time numbers-crunching more then most people - itīs a blessing and a curse ... well actually itīs just a curse most of the time.

The notion that software is cheaper in Denver was just intuitive, but checking back at the Denver Boxed Set GM Book p. 55, programmes are 90% in the Ute and 95% in the Pueblo Sector (though they are the same sector now). On the other hand itīs over 225% in the UCAS and 275% in the CAS Sector. Off course, since I planned to mostly gather software in Denver, Iīd have asked the runners to deliver me there. BTW, Cyberdecks had been 90% in the Ute Sector (Pueblo had been 100%, so I guess there is no more flooded market for that in the combined sector in 2070).

So Paydata +15k, Forrensics -3,050 (5k -40% used & flooded), Copyprotection -3.5k (5k -30% used & flooded), Software +2,362.5 (((9k -30% used & flooded) * 0.3) +25%), Running +2,457 (((9k -30% used & flooded) * 0.3) +30%), Agent -10.8k ((15k -10%) -20%), Response -3.8k (4k -5%), Signal -1,425 (1.5k -5%), Autosoft -1,890 ((2k -10% flooded) +5%)
= -4,645.5 nuyen.gif

I misscalculated a bit and forgot, that I did allready have a bag stashed in Seattle, so John needs to get his bag which he had sent from Boston to Seattle back to Denver, to get the money from there.
MK Ultra
Seattle - pre-natal experiances
___11.06. Arrival in Seattle; Edge Refreshes; Loose Tail; Find a room ( Fluff-Cost )
___12.-18.06. Watch the Urban Brawl match Screamers vs. Dragons and do other tourist stuff all week &
___13.06. Crack Forrensics Knowsoft 5; Fence Orriginal Forrensics Knowsoft 5 ( 10/6h; Av 4; 5k nY base; Haggling 4 hits ) = +1.260
___14.06. Crack Copyprotection Knowsoft 5; Fence Orriginal Copyprotection Knowsoft 5 ( 10/6h; Av 4; 5k nY base; Haggling 6 hits ) = +1.380
___15.-17.06. Find Hardware Active Soft 3 ( Av 8; 9k nY base; used; Haggling 5 hits ) = -6.480
___18.06. Crack Hardware Active Soft 3; Fence Original Hardware Active Soft 3 ( 10/6h; Av 8; 9k nY base; Haggling 8 hits ) = +2.700
___19.06-10.07. Observe safehouse and neighborhood ( 8-12h every other day ) ; Scout out some locations ( runner hangouts, hotels to lay low, business night spots, stores and street markets and stuff ) & do legwork for information on local shadow-scene, underworld and savehouse neighborhood ( 2-4h every other day ) ; 1-3h per day looking for online contacts (hackers, bloggers, programmers) & get general contact to the online community, not just shadowy people; 1-3h of training per day (weights and stuff for strength and raquet-ball, videogames and stuff for reflexes, jogging and stuff to keep regular shape)
___11.07. Loose Tails - Get rid of Fan disguise and 2nd Denver SIN - Loose Tails (all night through, no sleep)
___12.-13.07. Start using Seattle SIN, move into save house, check everything and watch for observers and stuff
___14.07. and on: Start getting to know the neighbors and staff
___14.-17.07. Find a Hardware Shop for rent (Av 8; 5k nY base; Haggling 3 hits) beginning 22.07. after hours ~12h/d; 500 nY / month ?
___18.07. Buy System & Firewall upgrades, Find 2 Skinlinks (Av 6; 1.700 nuyen.gif base; Haggling 4 hits) = -1.045
___19.-21.07. Find Hacker Programm* License IV w Edges (Av 12F/1d; 640 nY; Haggling 4 hits) = -608
___22.-27.07. Built Comlink Response Chip-Set 6 (12/1d) &
___22.-25.07. Find used Spoove III (Av 6R/2d; 1,5k nY base; Haggling 4 hits) = -1125
___26.07. Crack Spoove III
___27.07. Fence Original Spoove III (10/6h; Av 6R; 1,5k nY base; Haggling 4 hits) = +378
___28.07.-02.08. Built Comlink Wireless Radio 6 (12/1d) &
___28.-31.07. Find used Stealth III (Av 6R/2d; 1,5k nY base; Haggling 4 hits) = -1125
___01.08. Crack Stealth III
___02.08. Fence Original Stealth III (10/6h; Av 6R; 1,5k nY base; Haggling 4 hits) = +378
___03.-04.08. Arrange a meeting with Mr. Chu

Iīll send you the updated sheet tonight. For all rolls after the 17.07., I started to simply buy successes at the usual rate of 1hit/4dice. The dates in bold are times when I use the multitasking and sleepregulator to do double work.
In the end the SoftwarePiracy only makes the Programs 50% cheaper with the high skills I have, so itīs no more effective then building a custom comlink - even less so, since all you get in the end is a pirated copy of a used program and you need more skills for it.
*If Iīd need a separate license for every Programm, Iīd do double-work to get both in that time and scrap together another 608 nuyen.gif. Iīll be content to buy this (and most other stuff) from Chu, if I get contact to him by that time, without revealing my connection to Alice and the price is right.
adamu
MK Ultra

Dude, I don't know what to say - I was sitting in my office this afternoon and my jaw was on my desk reading those last posts. No one can say you don't work hard for your karma.

So this evening I have tried to do your work justice by going over it carefully - but it all looks real good (thought for a second I had you - looked like you must be defaulting on all those Hardware tests, but Hardware is non-defaultable - but then I went back and found your purchase of a Hardware Activesoft).

All the money looks good. The Denver discount is fine. The rent on the workshop is okay. You only need one "hacker license."
adamu
Mister Juan

Got your two PMs. Fun stuff. I hope to get back to you on all that within 24 hours of this post. I hope.
DireRadiant
I can totally see Conall working for the Ork and Troll slavers of elves....
Vegas
Sorry for the additional novels of story, but I had a couple of days off, sue me nyahnyah.gif Besides it's more fun to write than say... coming up with prices for jewelry. biggrin.gif

Adamu

Tossing the RP ball back into your court with Paddy's response.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
I can totally see Conall working for the Ork and Troll slavers of elves....

Angry combat shaman looking for a few good men to right wrongs amongst elven community. Trogg beating involved. High probability of not getting paid a cent. Vigilantes and Masked Avengers welcome.
MK Ultra
I donīt quiet get it. Are you two both talking about fighting troggs enslaving elves or enslaved by elves or the other way round?
In the former case, Iīm on my way. Just canīt find my Human Nation Premium Membership Card since those damn toxic mantide communists exed me wink.gif

P.S.: Vegas you are lucky Johnīs out of the legal business, he might just have done it, otherwise nyahnyah.gif
DireRadiant
We're playing with the idea of Conall signing up for the trog/tusker gang war over the elven sex slave trade... then him getting a band of righteous do gooders together to go after the trog/tusker gangs and wipe them off the face of the planet (easier once he's worked with them and knows who they are and all their secrets).... but I don't think Conall is sophisticated enough for any of that yet. In the end Conall is on the side of the angels(... elves...)
Vegas
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
P.S.: Vegas you are lucky Johnīs out of the legal business, he might just have done it, otherwise nyahnyah.gif

Call me crazy, but just what would John have done? I think you lost me somewhere along the way nyahnyah.gif
Vegas
Just hope to hell (for the trogs and tuskers sake) they don't get their hands on Etain wink.gif All hell might break loose if Conall were to find out....
Mister Juan
We could do a 2070 elven remake of "Man on Fire"

"What are you going to do"
"What I do best. I'm going to kill them all"

*cue for the wailing guitar*
MK Ultra
Vegas: sue you nyahnyah.gif

Mister Juan: Hehe, John even has a little girl in his background, that he cares for, but if heīd be the one to stand in for Senor Crreessee, the scene would be going more like this:

"What are you going to do"
"What I do best. I'm going to sue them all"
MK Ultra
John, 2nd wave

Some more mundane Items, Iīm going to throw almost the last bit of my money out for (lacking the ressources of a small AA corp sucks wink.gif). All of the stuff with Availability - will be bought on the black market, the rest will be bought in regular second hand stores. Allways buy 4 hits for Haggling.

___Eastern Electronics Moai R1/S2 Head-set Comlink w Image-Link Monocle (used, knock-off) = -85,5 nY
___Lotus Multimedia Shangrila F1/S1 OS (used, knock-off) = -114 nY
___Seattle Emergancy Services Map-Soft VI = -28,5 nY
___Seattle Professional City Guide Data-Soft VI = -57 nY
___Lone Star Security Hand-Book Data-Soft VI = -57 nY

Total -494 nY

Also, there is a new contact description for Zinny on the wiki.
adamu
Looks great.

So, like, are you almost done!?!? I love all the stuff that you are doing, but we are ready to go. Conall will most likely meet Carla on the 4th. If you want to move your contact with Chu up a couple of days to make that deadline, I won't charge you any time off your various activities and projects.
adamu
Mister Juan

I swear I have not forgotten your PMs. In fact, I have been working on my response. Just so busy lately. Hopefully answer within 24 (yeah, I know I said that before...).
MK Ultra
Oh, I just started to writ the IC to set up my meeting with Chu and hopefully post it in the next hour or so.

EDIT: waiting for him to pick me up on the 4th in the early morning.

BTW should I pay anything for my custom comlinkīs housing? I want to have a cheap case just now, but the comlink has to be upgradable (cooler, flashyer, more sturdy housing, a sim module and one to three integrated sensors.)
Can I use my implanted Sim module with the external comlink?

Hurrying to get my IC up. I am eager to start as well and I have today and the wekend off, so I have more time to post then usual biggrin.gif
MK Ultra
Ok, Iīm looking out for whatever Chu told me Iīd be picked up by and also for any dangers, of course.

Oh, the custom comlink is under my shirt on a band around my nack, btw, the Moai is on my head. Iīd have modified both to provide a bogus code every time they log on (Hardware (2), buying 2 hits).
I forgot to crack an OS, so the headware comlink isnīt running at all, at the moment. (what would be the TH for cracking an OS? Iīd assume one check for System and a separate one for firewall, as if they where regular programs).

EDIT: The Fake ID should not be on any of the comlinks. It is on an oldfashoned ID-credstick and any time someone asks for an ID check, it either has to be slotted or the wifi button on the stick be pressed - usually only broadcasting as long as needed, though the wifi feature can be activated permanently, Iīll almost never do. I.e. only in airports, government buildings and other places that require it.
adamu
MK Ultra

No, you don't have to pay for a casing, not with access to a hardware shop.

Cracking an OS is a much bigger job than a normal program. Use the threshholds I gave for Agents for the system and firewall ratings, EACH.

Looking forward to the fabled final gear list for John in regular play.

You didn't do an IC post on your efforts to find Chu independently - or anything else on this "pick-up". I suppose that is my fault for asking you to hurry, but I hope that when you find the time you could at least mention some of that IC - doesn't have to be long, just so there is not this major jump from thinking about finding him on July 14 and then a meeting in early August.

Sweet touches, by the way, working in references to other players' storylines.
MK Ultra
PMed you the Gear only - I hope I didnīt forget anything, I intended to send you a compleat updated pc sheet, but am still working on it.

Iīll put up another IC tomorrow (or maybe tonight). Anything special you want me to mention?

EDIT: Btw, when buying hits for an extended test, do i get fractions of hits, as well? I.e. dos a pool of 10 for cracking give 2 or 2.5 hits per h?
BlueRondo
Carla, First Wave

Adamu - I was wondering, does Carla's enclave go by any sort of nicknames, like "Little Italy" and "Chinatown"? Or maybe it's referred to as something generic like "Sector 9A" or "North Downtown"?

Also, is there a particular name for the church?
MK Ultra
John, 2nd wave

Oh, by the way, befor I forget about it. I actually subtracted the 50 nuyen.gif for the consierge and the 20 nuyen.gif for the beer from my funds.

Going to get some sleep now twirl.gif
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
John, 2nd wave

Oh, by the way, befor I forget about it. I actually subtracted the 50 nuyen.gif for the consierge and the 20 nuyen.gif for the beer from my funds.

Going to get some sleep now twirl.gif

Cool - I do the same thing as a player. As I said in the first OOC post for Up from Bottom - managing your money is up to all of you. I hope you will all treat it this meticulously, but I just don't have the time to keep track myself.

I think you all know where the paid/not paid by lifestyle line is. For one thing - tips used to ingratiate people in your daily lives (contact nurturing tips) definitely come out of pocket.
MK Ultra
2nd wave, John

Thair we go. Didnīt know if there would be additional modifires for distraction or whatever, so youīd have to subtract these if any from the end of the line.

[ Spoiler ]
adamu
MK Ultra

Okay, you are pretty sure what happened is that the guy got on I-5 going north and then diddled around for awhile and then got back on the freeway southbound. You think you are basically back where you started, near the downtown core - which could be the International District, but could just as easily be a number of other areas right around there. Probably not Capital Hill, since you didn't feel any steep slopes, so more like down by the water.
adamu
BlueRondo

As I have mentioned, it is in a large blue-collar area known simply as Sea-tac, which is just north of Sea-Tac Airport. The barrio itself is very obscure - only about 8-10 blocks on a side - most people just think of it a "the Mexican neighborhood" or the "the Aztlaner neighborhood," depending on how old they are. It isn't prominent enough to have much official designation outside of itself, getting lumped in with other horrible and rundown, crime-ridden neighborhoods of Sea-tac (Lone Star inflates the security ratings to make itself look good, but the whole area is crap).

Within the neighborhood, everyone refers to it just as "the community." Although to the Los Locos it is "their turf."

The church is called Sanctuary of St. Ignatius.
adamu
QUOTE (MK Ultra)
PMed you the Gear only - I hope I didnīt forget anything, I intended to send you a compleat updated pc sheet, but am still working on it.

Iīll put up another IC tomorrow (or maybe tonight). Anything special you want me to mention?

EDIT: Btw, when buying hits for an extended test, do i get fractions of hits, as well? I.e. dos a pool of 10 for cracking give 2 or 2.5 hits per h?

No, no fractions.
Konsaki
Damn... I would probably go apeshit in Etain's situation right there...
Most parents are trying to kick the kids out of the house, these are trying to imprison their girl... Good god...
Vegas
Oh the fun is about to begin...

Adamu

Before I go off half-cocked and good things as such... can I confirm with you and or make a healing check as to where she is damage wise (stun & physical) before Etain starts tossing spells, or chairs around? wink.gif

EDIT: Also, would Etain know off hand whether or not the two of the security team were awakened?
adamu
You are all healed by now.

You know they are both adepts.

Can anyone guess what movie I saw last night?
Vegas
Quite a few bring this scene to mind actually wink.gif

Thanks for the health update, that'll help with what I'm considering doing. Have to think through the logistics of it all and then well... I'll detail it all out for ya wink.gif

Damn.. this could be ... interesting.
Konsaki
7 Brides for 7 Brothers? nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Everyone

I have been discussing spell design with Mister Juan, and made some rulings that will apply to everyone -

Spell design per RAW except -

Anyone that actually completes the design process and makes a new spell can learn it immediately and without paying karma.

For spells just for yourself, change the design intervals listed on Street Magic page 158 to weeks instead of months. Again, if you do it this way there will be no record of your formula - you will only have learned it yourself and can never teach it to anyone.
adamu
Vegas

Not sure what you are going to do, but whatever it is, we need to proceed very slowly now, at least as far as IC goes.
Konsaki
I sure wish CFs were like that... sarcastic.gif
EDIT: Never mind, I remembered I can learn mine in a DAY, not WEEKS... I'm a dumbass... nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Hmm - riddles are fun - okay, the first person that can guess what movie I saw last night gets a karma point. The answer is definitely there to be found, but I doubt anyone will....
Vegas
Adamu

Believe me I'll be taking my time with this one... I don't want a silly player screwup to send Etain back to the Tir so easily wink.gif

So what movie DID you watch last night, since it certainly wasn't The Little Mermaid nyahnyah.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Konsaki)
I sure wish CFs were like that... sarcastic.gif
EDIT: Never mind, I remembered I can learn mine in a DAY, not WEEKS... I'm a dumbass... nyahnyah.gif

Actually - not talking about learning, talking about DESIGNING - as in, a whole new completely original spell....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012